Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Japan
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications406 found, 100 shown here
- Nakade O, Koyama H, Arai J, Ariji H, Takada J, Kaku T. Stimulation by low concentrations of fluoride of the proliferation and alkaline phosphatase activity of human dental pulp cells in vitro. Arch Oral Biol. 1999;44:89-92 pubmed
- Arakawa H, Kuma K, Yasuda M, Ekino S, Shimizu A, Yamagishi H. Effect of environmental antigens on the Ig diversification and the selection of productive V-J joints in the bursa. J Immunol. 2002;169:818-28 pubmed
- Watabe H, Soma Y, Kawa Y, Ito M, Ooka S, Ohsumi K, et al. Differentiation of murine melanocyte precursors induced by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 is associated with the stimulation of endothelin B receptor expression. J Invest Dermatol. 2002;119:583-9 pubmed..These findings suggest a regulatory role for vitamin D3 in melanocyte development and melanogenesis, and may also explain the working mechanism of vitamin D3 in the treatment of vitiligo. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Nishikawa Y, Tokairin T, Omori Y, Enomoto K. Increased expression of H19 non-coding mRNA follows hepatocyte proliferation in the rat and mouse. J Hepatol. 2004;40:808-14 pubmed..Our results demonstrated that H19 gene expression was dynamically regulated in adult hepatocytes in close association with their proliferation. ..
- Mizuarai S, Miki S, Araki H, Takahashi K, Kotani H. Identification of dicarboxylate carrier Slc25a10 as malate transporter in de novo fatty acid synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32434-41 pubmed
- Yamashita H, Tahara M. A LINE-type retrotransposon active in meristem stem cells causes heritable transpositions in the sweet potato genome. Plant Mol Biol. 2006;61:79-94 pubmed..Transpositional activities in meristem cells might be essential characteristics of plant retrotransposons that cause heritable changes in host plant genomes and genetic systems. ..
- Munekata K, Sakamoto K. Forkhead transcription factor Foxo1 is essential for adipocyte differentiation. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2009;45:642-51 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Foxo1 plays an essential role in adipocyte differentiation, especially at the very early stage of terminal adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Ito T, Williams Nate Y, Iwai M, Tsuboi Y, Hagiyama M, Ito A, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the CADM1 gene by retinoic acid during the neural differentiation of murine embryonal carcinoma P19 cells. Genes Cells. 2011;16:791-802 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Sp1 plays a critical role in RA-induced CADM1 expression through possible interaction with RAR? in the neural differentiation of P19. ..
- Arikawa T, Simamura E, Shimada H, Nishi N, Tatsuno T, Ishigaki Y, et al. Expression pattern of Galectin 4 in rat placentation. Placenta. 2012;33:885-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that down-regulation of Gal4 may be involved in the promotion of trophoblast cell differentiation. ..
- Kishi Y, Kondo S, Gotoh Y. Transcriptional activation of mouse major satellite regions during neuronal differentiation. Cell Struct Funct. 2012;37:101-10 pubmed..These results together suggest that the structural and transcriptional state of major satellite regions changes dramatically during neuronal differentiation, implying that this region might play a role in differentiating neurons. ..
- Hanami K, Nakano K, Saito K, Okada Y, Yamaoka K, Kubo S, et al. Dopamine D2-like receptor signaling suppresses human osteoclastogenesis. Bone. 2013;56:1-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that dopaminergic signaling plays an important role in bone homeostasis via direct effects upon osteoclast differentiation and further suggest that the clinical use of neuroleptics is likely to affect bone mass. ..
- Ebi Y, Kanakura Y, Jippo Kanemoto T, Tsujimura T, Furitsu T, Ikeda H, et al. Low c-kit expression of cultured mast cells of mi/mi genotype may be involved in their defective responses to fibroblasts that express the ligand for c-kit. Blood. 1992;80:1454-62 pubmed
- Jippo T, Mizuno H, Xu Z, Nomura S, Yamamoto M, Kitamura Y. Abundant expression of transcription factor GATA-2 in proliferating but not in differentiated mast cells in tissues of mice: demonstration by in situ hybridization. Blood. 1996;87:993-8 pubmed..The CMCs stopped both the proliferation and GATA-2 expression after the transplantation, suggesting the association of these two parameters in mast cells within tissues of mice. ..
- Yoshida H, Kunisada T, Kusakabe M, Nishikawa S, Nishikawa S. Distinct stages of melanocyte differentiation revealed by anlaysis of nonuniform pigmentation patterns. Development. 1996;122:1207-14 pubmed..Thus, melanoblast differentiation proceeds by alternately repeating c-kit -dependent and c-kit-independent stages and c-kit functions as a survival factor for the proliferating melanoblasts. ..
- Shintani S, Funayama T, Yoshihama Y, Alcalde R, Ootsuki K, Terakado N, et al. Expression of c-erbB family gene products in adenoid cystic carcinoma of salivary glands: an immunohistochemical study. Anticancer Res. 1995;15:2623-6 pubmed..Strong staining was mainly demonstrated in tumor cells of the invasive area. These results suggested that overexpression of ERBB2 and ERBB3 is related to tumor differentiation and invasion in adenoid cystic carcinomas. ..
- Satoh J, Kuroda Y. Nicastrin, a key regulator of presenilin function, is expressed constitutively in human neural cell lines. Neuropathology. 2001;21:115-22 pubmed
- Tanimoto K, Sugiura A, Omori A, Felsenfeld G, Engel J, Fukamizu A. Human beta-globin locus control region HS5 contains CTCF- and developmental stage-dependent enhancer-blocking activity in erythroid cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:8946-52 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that the phenotype observed in the LCR-inverted locus was in part attributable to placing the HS5 insulator between the LCR HS enhancers (HS1 to HS4) and the promoter of the beta-globin gene. ..
- Bayarsaikhan M, Takino T, Gantulga D, Sato H, Ito T, Yoshioka K. Regulation of N-cadherin-based cell-cell interaction by JSAP1 scaffold in PC12h cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;353:357-62 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that JSAP1 regulates cell-cell interactions in PC12h cells specifically in the NGF-induced signaling pathway, and does so by modulating N-cadherin. ..
- Obara N, Lesot H. Asymmetrical growth, differential cell proliferation, and dynamic cell rearrangement underlie epithelial morphogenesis in mouse molar development. Cell Tissue Res. 2007;330:461-73 pubmed
- Mogi M, Walsh K, Iwai M, Horiuchi M. Akt-FOXO3a signaling affects human endothelial progenitor cell differentiation. Hypertens Res. 2008;31:153-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Akt/FOXO3a signaling is an important regulator of EPC maturation. ..
- Masumura T, Yamamoto K, Shimizu N, Obi S, Ando J. Shear stress increases expression of the arterial endothelial marker ephrinB2 in murine ES cells via the VEGF-Notch signaling pathways. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:2125-31 pubmed publisher..Exposure to shear stress induces an increase in expression of ephrinB2 in murine ES cells via VEGF-Notch signaling pathways. ..
- Nakano T, Ando S, Takata N, Kawada M, Muguruma K, Sekiguchi K, et al. Self-formation of optic cups and storable stratified neural retina from human ESCs. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;10:771-785 pubmed publisher..This storage method at an intermediate step during the time-consuming differentiation process provides a versatile solution for quality control in large-scale preparation of clinical-grade retinal tissues. ..
- Somekawa S, Imagawa K, Hayashi H, Sakabe M, Ioka T, Sato G, et al. Tmem100, an ALK1 receptor signaling-dependent gene essential for arterial endothelium differentiation and vascular morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12064-9 pubmed publisher..These data indicated that TMEM100 may play indispensable roles downstream of BMP9/BMP10-ALK1 signaling during endothelial differentiation and vascular morphogenesis. ..
- Si Y, Inoue K, Igarashi K, Kanno J, Imai Y. Autoimmune regulator, Aire, is a novel regulator of chondrocyte differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;437:579-84 pubmed publisher..Taken together, Aire might play a role as an active regulator of chondrocyte differentiation, which leads to new insights into the regulatory mechanisms of chondrocyte differentiation. ..
- Akane H, Shiraki A, Imatanaka N, Akahori Y, Itahashi M, Abe H, et al. Glycidol induces axonopathy and aberrations of hippocampal neurogenesis affecting late-stage differentiation by exposure to rats in a framework of 28-day toxicity study. Toxicol Lett. 2014;224:424-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that glycidol causes aberrations in adult neurogenesis in the SGZ at the late stage involving the process of neurite extension similar to the developmental exposure study in a standard 28-day toxicity study. ..
- Hanafusa T, Kato K, Azukizawa H, Miyazaki J, Takeda J, Katayama I. B-1 B cell progenitors transiently and partially express keratin 5 during differentiation in bone marrow. J Dermatol Sci. 2016;81:173-81 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that B-1 B cells transiently and partially express K5 in BM and are potent for both natural antibody production and antigen presentation. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Zon L, Ackerman S, Yamamoto M, Suda T. Forced GATA-1 expression in the murine myeloid cell line M1: induction of c-Mpl expression and megakaryocytic/erythroid differentiation. Blood. 1998;91:450-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that the upregulation of c-mpl induced by GATA-1 expression in M1 cells is closely associated with erythroid and megakaryocytic differentiation. ..
- Shrestha B, Ebihara Y, Osakabe Y, Kato H. Immunohistochemical, ultrastructural and molecular study of well differentiated adenocarcinomas of the lung predominantly composed of goblet cells. Lung Cancer. 1998;22:103-17 pubmed
- Yamada K, Mizutani T, Shou Z, Yazawa T, Sekiguchi T, Yoshino M, et al. Cloning and functional expression of an E box-binding protein from rat granulosa cells. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1315-9 pubmed..Thus, we report molecular cloning, expression, and functional characterization of full-length rat USF2 cDNA. ..
- Kimura M, Koseki Y, Yamashita M, Watanabe N, Shimizu C, Katsumoto T, et al. Regulation of Th2 cell differentiation by mel-18, a mammalian polycomb group gene. Immunity. 2001;15:275-87 pubmed..Thus, the PcG gene products play a critical role in the control of Th2 cell differentiation and Th2-dependent immune responses. ..
- Inagawa S, Itabashi M, Adachi S, Kawamoto T, Hori M, Shimazaki J, et al. Expression and prognostic roles of beta-catenin in hepatocellular carcinoma: correlation with tumor progression and postoperative survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2002;8:450-6 pubmed
- Takebayashi H, Nabeshima Y, Yoshida S, Chisaka O, Ikenaka K, Nabeshima Y. The basic helix-loop-helix factor olig2 is essential for the development of motoneuron and oligodendrocyte lineages. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1157-63 pubmed..Our data provide the first evidence that a single gene mutation leads to the loss of two cell types, motoneuron and oligodendrocyte. ..
- Asagiri M, Sato K, Usami T, Ochi S, Nishina H, Yoshida H, et al. Autoamplification of NFATc1 expression determines its essential role in bone homeostasis. J Exp Med. 2005;202:1261-9 pubmed..Thus, this study establishes that NFATc1 represents a potential therapeutic target for bone disease and reveals a mechanism that underlies the essential role of NFATc1 in bone homeostasis. ..
- Umemoto S, Kawahara S, Hashimoto R, Umeji K, Matsuda S, Tanaka M, et al. Different effects of amlodipine and enalapril on the mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase-extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathway for induction of vascular smooth muscle cell differentiation in vivo. Hypertens Res. 2006;29:179-86 pubmed..Thus, the MEK-ERK pathway might be one of the crucial determinants of the aortic SMC phenotype activated by amlodipine treatment of hypertension in vivo. ..
- Hiroyama T, Sudo K, Aoki N, Miharada K, Danjo I, Fujioka T, et al. Human umbilical cord-derived cells can often serve as feeder cells to maintain primate embryonic stem cells in a state capable of producing hematopoietic cells. Cell Biol Int. 2008;32:1-7 pubmed..HUC cells are promising as human material with which to maintain ES cells in a state that retains their ability to produce mature cells, including hematopoietic cells. ..
- Kinebuchi Y, Johkura K, Sasaki K, Imamura T, Mimura Y, Nishizawa O. Direct induction of layered tissues from mouse embryonic stem cells: potential for differentiation into urinary tract tissue. Cell Tissue Res. 2008;331:605-15 pubmed..These findings suggest a new approach to urinary tract regeneration...
- Suzuki N, Danks J, Maruyama Y, Ikegame M, Sasayama Y, Hattori A, et al. Parathyroid hormone 1 (1-34) acts on the scales and involves calcium metabolism in goldfish. Bone. 2011;48:1186-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, we concluded that PTH acts on osteoblasts and osteoclasts in the scales and regulates calcium metabolism in goldfish...
- Okuyama T, Isoe Y, Hoki M, Suehiro Y, Yamagishi G, Naruse K, et al. Controlled Cre/loxP site-specific recombination in the developing brain in medaka fish, Oryzias latipes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66597 pubmed publisher..This method will broaden the neural population available for mosaic analyses and allow for lineage tracing of the vertebrate nervous system in both juvenile and adult stages. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Sawabu Y, Kitahata H, Denda M, Nagayama M. Mathematical model for calcium-assisted epidermal homeostasis. J Theor Biol. 2016;397:52-60 pubmed publisher..In particular, simulation results indicate that the recovery speed depends on the size of barrier disruption. ..
- Hattori T, Kaji M, Ishii H, Jureepon R, Takarada Iemata M, Minh Ta H, et al. CD38 positively regulates postnatal development of astrocytes cell-autonomously and oligodendrocytes non-cell-autonomously. Glia. 2017;65:974-989 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that CD38 is a positive regulator of astrocyte and OL development. ..
- Ichikawa E, Hida S, Omatsu Y, Shimoyama S, Takahara K, Miyagawa S, et al. Defective development of splenic and epidermal CD4+ dendritic cells in mice deficient for IFN regulatory factor-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3909-14 pubmed..Our current findings thus pointed to a previously unknown unique cell-type-selective multimode function of IRF-2 in the regulation of lymphohematopoiesis. ..
- Isogawa N, Terashima T, Nakano Y, Kindaichi J, Takagi Y, Takano Y. The induction of enamel and dentin complexes by subcutaneous implantation of reconstructed human and murine tooth germ elements. Arch Histol Cytol. 2004;67:65-77 pubmed..The mouse enamel organ nevertheless retains its own phenotypic characteristics and intrinsic timing of cell differentiation and function...
- Kanno S, Hirano S, Kayama F. Effects of the phytoestrogen coumestrol on RANK-ligand-induced differentiation of osteoclasts. Toxicology. 2004;203:211-20 pubmed..These results suggest that coumestrol has an inhibitory effect on the differentiation of osteoclasts, at least partially via ERK1/2 pathway. ..
- Hinoi E, Takarada T, Fujimori S, Wang L, Iemata M, Uno K, et al. Nuclear factor E2 p45-related factor 2 negatively regulates chondrogenesis. Bone. 2007;40:337-44 pubmed..These data suggest that Nrf2 may be a negative regulator of the cellular differentiation toward maturation in chondrocytes. ..
- Islam M, Tatsumi K, Okuda H, Shiosaka S, Wanaka A. Olig2-expressing progenitor cells preferentially differentiate into oligodendrocytes in cuprizone-induced demyelinated lesions. Neurochem Int. 2009;54:192-8 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore provide direct evidence that proliferation and differentiation of local and/or recruited Olig2 progenitors contribute to remyelination in demyelinated lesions. ..
- Takashimizu I, Tanaka Y, Yoshie S, Kano Y, Ichikawa H, Cui L, et al. Localization of Liv2 as an immature hepatocyte marker in EB outgrowth. ScientificWorldJournal. 2009;9:190-9 pubmed publisher..This application would allow for the sole selection of immature hepatocytes and provide a useful tool for regenerative medicine. ..
- Sakurai T, Ueda T, Kawai M, Tobita H, Miyakoshi J. Protective effects of insulin-like growth factor-I on the decrease in myogenic differentiation by ionizing radiation. Int J Radiat Biol. 2009;85:153-8 pubmed publisher..Since X-ray irradiation at 2 Gy is usually used for multi-fractionated irradiation in radiotherapy, our findings suggest that IGF-1 could be useful to protect against impairment of muscle repair induced by therapeutic dose radiation. ..
- Horii T, Yanagisawa E, Kimura M, Morita S, Hatada I. Epigenetic differences between embryonic stem cells generated from blastocysts developed in vitro and in vivo. Cell Reprogram. 2010;12:551-63 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, it is advisable to use early passage Vivo ES cells whenever feasible, or to select ES cell lines with a normal epigenotype. ..
- Yamazaki A, Yashiro M, Mii S, Aki R, Hamada Y, Arakawa N, et al. Isoproterenol directs hair follicle-associated pluripotent (HAP) stem cells to differentiate in vitro to cardiac muscle cells which can be induced to form beating heart-muscle tissue sheets. Cell Cycle. 2016;15:760-5 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that HAP stem cells have great potential to form beating cardiac muscle cells in tissue sheets. ..
- Yukawa K, Yasui T, Yamamoto A, Shiku H, Kishimoto T, Kikutani H. Epoc-1: a POU-domain gene expressed in murine epidermal basal cells and thymic stromal cells. Gene. 1993;133:163-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Epoc-1 might be one of the developmental regulators which controls epidermal development and thymic organogenesis. ..
- Uetsuki T, Takagi K, Sugiura H, Yoshikawa K. Structure and expression of the mouse necdin gene. Identification of a postmitotic neuron-restrictive core promoter. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:918-24 pubmed
- Tsuda S, Rieke S, Hashimoto Y, Nakauchi H, Takahama Y. Il-7 supports D-J but not V-DJ rearrangement of TCR-beta gene in fetal liver progenitor cells. J Immunol. 1996;156:3233-42 pubmed
- Ohno I, Hashimoto J, Shimizu K, Takaoka K, Ochi T, Matsubara K, et al. A cDNA cloning of human AEBP1 from primary cultured osteoblasts and its expression in a differentiating osteoblastic cell line. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;228:411-4 pubmed
- Okabe M, Sawamoto K, Imai T, Sakakibara S, Yoshikawa S, Okano H. Intrinsic and extrinsic determinants regulating cell fate decision in developing nervous system. Dev Neurosci. 1997;19:9-16 pubmed..As a member of the second category, we refer to Drosophila musashi gene encoding a neural RNA-binding protein. The fractions of these gene products and application to the mammalian nervous system will be discussed. ..
- Mukai M, Kashikawa M, Kobayashi S. Induction of indora expression in pole cells by the mesoderm is required for female germ-line development in Drosophila melanogaster. Development. 1999;126:1023-9 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the induction of idr in pole cells by the mesodermal cells is required for germ-line development. ..
- Kannan Y, Moriyama M, Sugano T, Yamate J, Kuwamura M, Kagaya A, et al. Neurotrophic action of interleukin 3 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor on murine sympathetic neurons. Neuroimmunomodulation. 2000;8:132-41 pubmed..Thus, IL-3 and GM-CSF appear to be able to stimulate sympathetic nerve growth, via specific cytokine receptors on neurons, which lead to activation of the MAP kinase pathway that then mediates the observed neurotrophic effects. ..
- Shimomura J, Ishibashi O, Ikegame M, Yoshizawa T, Ejiri S, Noda T, et al. Tensile stress induces alpha-adaptin C production in mouse calvariae in an organ culture: possible involvement of endocytosis in mechanical stress-stimulated osteoblast differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2003;195:488-96 pubmed..These results, taken together, suggest that TS accelerates osteoblast differentiation and osteogenesis, possibly through the induction of the alpha-adaptin C expression and consequent activation of receptor-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Shibuya K, Shirakawa J, Kameyama T, Honda S, Tahara Hanaoka S, Miyamoto A, et al. CD226 (DNAM-1) is involved in lymphocyte function-associated antigen 1 costimulatory signal for naive T cell differentiation and proliferation. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1829-39 pubmed..Moreover, proliferation initiated by LFA-1 costimulatory signal is suppressed by lipid raft disruption in CD4+, but not CD8+, T cells, suggesting that the LFA-1 costimulatory signal is independent of lipid rafts in CD8+ T cells. ..
- Saito T, Otani S, Fujimoto T, Suzuki T, Nakatsuji T, Arai K, et al. The germ line lineage in ukigori, Gymnogobius species (Teleostei: Gobiidae) during embryonic development. Int J Dev Biol. 2004;48:1079-85 pubmed
- Yanagi Y, Inoue Y, Kawase Y, Uchida S, Tamaki Y, Araie M, et al. Properties of growth and molecular profiles of rat progenitor cells from ciliary epithelium. Exp Eye Res. 2006;82:471-8 pubmed..Together, our results demonstrate that CE-derived progenitor cells may have intrinsic limitations in the production of cell types...
- Sato T, Hidaka K, Iwanaga A, Ito M, Asano M, Nakabeppu Y, et al. Impairment of cardiomyogenesis in embryonic stem cells lacking scaffold protein JSAP1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;338:1152-7 pubmed
- Chan T, Satow R, Kitagawa H, Kato S, Asashima M. Ledgerline, a novel Xenopus laevis gene, regulates differentiation of presomitic mesoderm during somitogenesis. Zoolog Sci. 2006;23:689-97 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that ledgerline is essential for mesodermal RA activity and differentiation of the presomitic mesoderm during Xenopus somitogenesis. ..
- Fujita T, Maturana A, Ikuta J, Hamada J, Walchli S, Suzuki T, et al. Axonal guidance protein FEZ1 associates with tubulin and kinesin motor protein to transport mitochondria in neurites of NGF-stimulated PC12 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;361:605-10 pubmed..Thus, our results suggest that the FEZ1/kinesin complex functions for the transport of mitochondria along microtubules toward the extending neurites in differentiating PC12 cells. ..
- Inoue N, Yahagi N, Yamamoto T, Ishikawa M, Watanabe K, Matsuzaka T, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, p21WAF1/CIP1, is involved in adipocyte differentiation and hypertrophy, linking to obesity, and insulin resistance. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:21220-9 pubmed publisher..Via both of these mechanisms, p21 promotes adipose tissue expansion during high fat diet feeding, leading to increased downstream pathophysiological consequences such as insulin resistance. ..
- Koyama T, Ehashi T, Ohshima N, Miyoshi H. Efficient proliferation and maturation of fetal liver cells in three-dimensional culture by stimulation of oncostatin M, epidermal growth factor, and dimethyl sulfoxide. Tissue Eng Part A. 2009;15:1099-107 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, successive supply of the growth medium containing EGF and OSM and the differentiation medium containing DMSO efficiently induced the growth of the 3-D cultured FLCs and their differentiation into mature hepatocytes. ..
- Viet Linh N, Dang Nguyen T, Nguyen B, Manabe N, Nagai T. Effects of cysteine during in vitro maturation of porcine oocytes under low oxygen tension on their subsequent in vitro fertilization and development. J Reprod Dev. 2009;55:594-8 pubmed
- Ikeda K, Utoguchi N, Tsutsui H, Yamaue S, Homemoto M, Nakao E, et al. In vitro approaches to evaluate placental drug transport by using differentiating JEG-3 human choriocarcinoma cells. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2011;108:138-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the syncytiotrophoblast-like models of differentiating JEG-3 cells cultured in CS-C might be appropriate for evaluating drug transport across the placental trophoblast...
- Osaki G, Mitsui S, Yuri K. The distribution of the seizure-related gene 6 (Sez-6) protein during postnatal development of the mouse forebrain suggests multiple functions for this protein: an analysis using a new antibody. Brain Res. 2011;1386:58-69 pubmed publisher..These spatiotemporal alterations of the regional and intracellular distribution of the Sez-6 protein suggest multiple functions for this protein during the postnatal development of the forebrain. ..
- Hayashi T, Sentani K, Oue N, Anami K, Sakamoto N, Ohara S, et al. Desmocollin 2 is a new immunohistochemical marker indicative of squamous differentiation in urothelial carcinoma. Histopathology. 2011;59:710-21 pubmed publisher..DSC2 staining offers high sensitivity (96%) and high specificity (100%) for the detection of squamous differentiation in UC. DSC2 is a useful immunohistochemical marker for separation of UC with squamous differentiation from pure UC. ..
- Meguro S, Yasuda M. ?-Fetoprotein-producing ovarian tumor in a postmenopausal woman with germ cell differentiation. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2013;17:140-4 pubmed publisher..The expression profiles of SALL4, OCT4, glypican-3, and hepatocyte nuclear factor 1? were thought to provide interesting implications to characterize the present case. ..
- Nishishita N, Takenaka C, Fusaki N, Kawamata S. Generation of human induced pluripotent stem cells from cord blood cells. J Stem Cells. 2011;6:101-8 pubmed..Generation of non-integrating Sendai virus (SeV) iPS cells from CB cells may be an important step to provide allogeneic iPS cell-derived therapy in the future. ..
- Sato F. Characterization of plant functions using cultured plant cells, and biotechnological applications. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:1-9 pubmed..I emphasize the high potential of functionally differentiated cell cultures, as well as some of the pitfalls, in the characterization of plant functions and biotechnological applications. ..
- Nakano K, Watanabe M, Matsunari H, Matsuda T, Honda K, Maehara M, et al. Generating porcine chimeras using inner cell mass cells and parthenogenetic preimplantation embryos. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61900 pubmed publisher..This method provides a practical and highly accurate system for evaluating pluripotency of undifferentiated cells, such as iPS cells, based on their ability to form chimeras. ..
- Higashijima S, Kojima T, Michiue T, Ishimaru S, Emori Y, Saigo K. Dual Bar homeo box genes of Drosophila required in two photoreceptor cells, R1 and R6, and primary pigment cells for normal eye development. Genes Dev. 1992;6:50-60 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that Bar homeo domain proteins may play key roles in the fate-determination processes of pigment cells and cone cells. ..
- Fujita M, Takahashi R, Kitada K, Watanabe R, Kitazawa S, Ashoori F, et al. Alternative splicing of the erythropoietin receptor gene correlates with erythroid differentiation in rat hematopoietic and leukemic cells. Cancer Lett. 1997;112:47-55 pubmed..Thus, expression of EpoR-S may play an important role in differentiation of rat erythroid cells. ..
- Oguchi M, Sagara J, Matsumoto K, Saida T, Taniguchi S. Expression of lamins depends on epidermal differentiation and transformation. Br J Dermatol. 2002;147:853-8 pubmed..Lamin expression depends on the differentiation and transformation of the human skin. This finding should be useful for the diagnosis of keratinocytic tumours. ..
- Kajino K, Nakamura I, Bamba H, Sawai T, Ogasawara K. Involvement of IL-10 in exhaustion of myeloid dendritic cells and rescue by CD40 stimulation. Immunology. 2007;120:28-37 pubmed..Otherwise, DCs stimulated solely by a danger signal are temporarily activated, but then rapidly lose their immune-activating capacity under the influence of autocrine IL-10. ..
- Yanagita T, Kubota S, Kawaki H, Kawata K, Kondo S, Takano Yamamoto T, et al. Expression and physiological role of CCN4/Wnt-induced secreted protein 1 mRNA splicing variants in chondrocytes. FEBS J. 2007;274:1655-65 pubmed..These findings indicate that WISP1v thus plays a critical role in chondrocyte differentiation toward endochondral ossification, whereas HCS-2/8-specific WISP1vx may be associated with the transformed phenotypes of chondrosarcomas. ..
- Mukai N, Akahori T, Komaki M, Li Q, Kanayasu Toyoda T, Ishii Watabe A, et al. A comparison of the tube forming potentials of early and late endothelial progenitor cells. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:430-40 pubmed..The phenomena were also observed in the in vivo model. These observations suggest that early EPCs cause the disorganization of pre-existing vessels, whereas late EPCs constitute and orchestrate vascular tube formation. ..
- Koshiishi C, Park H, Uchiyama H, Tanaka Y. Regulation of expression of the mouse adiponectin gene by the C/EBP family via a novel enhancer region. Gene. 2008;424:141-6 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first evidence that the transcriptional activity of the mouse adiponectin gene during adipocyte differentiation is enhanced by the motif in a novel adiponectin enhancer region, via the recruitment of the C/EBPs. ..
- Yabana T, Arimura Y, Tanaka H, Goto A, Hosokawa M, Nagaishi K, et al. Enhancing epithelial engraftment of rat mesenchymal stem cells restores epithelial barrier integrity. J Pathol. 2009;218:350-9 pubmed publisher..Such a role for the MSC-derived intestinal cells in colitis therapy merits further examination and may offer a promising new treatment for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). ..
- Kaplamadzhiev D, Hisha H, Adachi Y, Ikehara S, Tonchev A, Boneva N, et al. Bone marrow-derived stromal cells can express neuronal markers by DHA/GPR40 signaling. Biosci Trends. 2010;4:119-29 pubmed..These data altogether suggest that adult primate BMSC can express neuronal markers with the aid of DHA/GPR40 signaling. ..
- Watabe Y, Baba Y, Nakauchi H, Mizota A, Watanabe S. The role of Zic family zinc finger transcription factors in the proliferation and differentiation of retinal progenitor cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;415:42-7 pubmed publisher..Since the effects of Zic1, 2, and 3 are indistinguishable in terms of differentiation and proliferation of retinal progenitors, the redundant function of Zics in retinal development is suggested. ..
- Nanke Y, Yago T, Kotake S. The effects of disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs on osteoclastogenesis and bone destruction in rheumatoid arthritis. Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi. 2011;34:493-500 pubmed..Here, we review the effects of disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMRAD) on the amelioration of bone destruction and osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Yoshihara S, Takahashi H, Nishimura N, Naritsuka H, Shirao T, Hirai H, et al. 5T4 glycoprotein regulates the sensory input-dependent development of a specific subtype of newborn interneurons in the mouse olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2012;32:2217-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results demonstrate that 5T4 glycoprotein contributes in the regulation of activity-dependent dendritic development of interneurons and the formation of functional neural circuitry in the OB. ..
- Takatsu K. [Structure and function of IL-5 receptor]. Yakugaku Zasshi. 1995;115:570-83 pubmed..I will discuss about molecular mechanisms of IL-5 signaling and B cell defect in X-linked immunodeficient mice in relation to IL-5 signaling. ..
- Tanaka H, Yoshimura Y, Nishina Y, Nozaki M, Nojima H, Nishimune Y. Isolation and characterization of cDNA clones specifically expressed in testicular germ cells. FEBS Lett. 1994;355:4-10 pubmed..Detailed analyses of mRNA expression revealed that the genes corresponding to the cloned cDNAs were exclusively expressed in testes and were developmentally controlled. ..
- Shimaya A, Kurosaki E, Nakano R, Hirayama R, Shibasaki M, Shikama H. The novel hypoglycemic agent YM440 normalizes hyperglycemia without changing body fat weight in diabetic db/db mice. Metabolism. 2000;49:411-7 pubmed..Thus, YM440 could be a useful hypoglycemic agent for the treatment of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) without affecting body weight. ..
- Song Q, Kobayashi T, Hong T, Cyong J. Effects of Inula Britannica on the production of antibodies and cytokines and on T cell differentiation in C57BL/6 mice immunized by ovalbumin. Am J Chin Med. 2002;30:297-305 pubmed..Further, IL-4 and IL-6 production by lymphocytes collected from an inguinal lymph node in the immunized leg were suppressed, and therefore production of antibodies was suppressed. ..
- Okuda T, Tagawa K, Qi M, Hoshio M, Ueda H, Kawano H, et al. Oct-3/4 repression accelerates differentiation of neural progenitor cells in vitro and in vivo. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;132:18-30 pubmed..Our findings indicate that Oct-3/4 is an essential regulator of NS cell differentiation and suggest that the modulation of Oct-3/4 could be a useful tool in clinical application of NS cells. ..