Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Germany
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications361 found, 100 shown here
- Mueller T, Mueller L, Luetzkendorf J, Voigt W, Simon H, Schmoll H. Loss of Oct-3/4 expression in embryonal carcinoma cells is associated with induction of cisplatin resistance. Tumour Biol. 2006;27:71-83 pubmed..In contrast, the presence of the Oct-3/4-positive, highly sensitive EC cells as the tumor stem cell component in most TGCTs could explain the general high chemosensitivity and curability of these tumors. ..
- Selle A, Ullrich O, Harnacke K, Hass R. Retrodifferentiation and rejuvenation of senescent monocytic cells requires PARP-1. Exp Gerontol. 2007;42:554-62 pubmed..In conclusion, retrodifferentiation of growth-arrested U937 monocytic cells requires proteasomal protein degradation and activity of PARP-1. ..
- Janicke M, Carney T, Hammerschmidt M. Foxi3 transcription factors and Notch signaling control the formation of skin ionocytes from epidermal precursors of the zebrafish embryo. Dev Biol. 2007;307:258-71 pubmed..A model for ionocyte versus keratinocyte development will be presented, postulating additional thus far unidentified pro-ionocyte factors. ..
- Kowalinski E, Bange G, Wild K, Sinning I. Expression, purification, crystallization and preliminary crystallographic analysis of the proliferation-associated protein Ebp1. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2007;63:768-70 pubmed..Initially observed crystals were improved by serial seeding to single crystals suitable for data collection. The optimized crystals belong to the tetragonal space group P4(1)2(1)2 or P4(3)2(1)2 and diffracted to a resolution of 1.6 A. ..
- Schulte J, Lim S, Schramm A, Friedrichs N, Koster J, Versteeg R, et al. Lysine-specific demethylase 1 is strongly expressed in poorly differentiated neuroblastoma: implications for therapy. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2065-71 pubmed publisher..We show that inhibition of LSD1 reprograms the transcriptome of neuroblastoma cells and inhibits neuroblastoma xenograft growth. Our results suggest that targeting histone demethylases may provide a novel option for cancer therapy. ..
- Löhr H, Ryu S, Driever W. Zebrafish diencephalic A11-related dopaminergic neurons share a conserved transcriptional network with neuroendocrine cell lineages. Development. 2009;136:1007-17 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a common evolutionary origin of specific hypothalamic neuroendocrine and dopaminergic systems. ..
- Takei M, Umeyama A, Shoji N, Hashimoto T. Polyacetylenediols regulate the function of human monocyte-derived dendritic cells. Int Immunopharmacol. 2010;10:913-21 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that some Polyacetylenediols modulate human DC function in a fashion that favors Th1/Th2 cell polarization or IL-10 producing T cells, and might have implication in tumor or in autoimmune diseases. ..
- Orinska Z, Föger N, Huber M, Marschall J, Mirghomizadeh F, Du X, et al. I787 provides signals for c-Kit receptor internalization and functionality that control mast cell survival and development. Blood. 2010;116:2665-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, I787 provides nonredundant signals for c-Kit internalization and functionality. ..
- Müller M, Raabe O, Addicks K, Wenisch S, Arnhold S. Effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on proliferation, differentiation and migration in equine mesenchymal stem cells. Cell Biol Int. 2011;35:235-48 pubmed publisher..Thus, it can be concluded that the effects of NSAIDs on MSCs are largely dependent on the concentrations used. Additionally, for some differentiation lineages, also the choice of NSAID is critical. ..
- Pastille E, Didovic S, Brauckmann D, Rani M, Agrawal H, Schade F, et al. Modulation of dendritic cell differentiation in the bone marrow mediates sustained immunosuppression after polymicrobial sepsis. J Immunol. 2011;186:977-86 pubmed publisher..The absence of resident DC in the bone marrow after sepsis might have contributed to the modulation of DC differentiation. ..
- Pichler G, Wolf P, Schmidt C, Meilinger D, Schneider K, Frauer C, et al. Cooperative DNA and histone binding by Uhrf2 links the two major repressive epigenetic pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:2585-93 pubmed publisher..We propose that the cooperative interplay of Uhrf2 domains may contribute to a tighter epigenetic control of gene expression in differentiated cells. ..
- Meves A, Geiger T, Zanivan S, DiGiovanni J, Mann M, Fassler R. Beta1 integrin cytoplasmic tyrosines promote skin tumorigenesis independent of their phosphorylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:15213-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a Src/FAK signaling unit inhibits differentiation to promote tumorigenesis downstream of ?1 integrin and independent of ?1 integrin tyrosine phosphorylation. ..
- Wisniewski J, Ostasiewicz P, Duś K, Zielinska D, Gnad F, Mann M. Extensive quantitative remodeling of the proteome between normal colon tissue and adenocarcinoma. Mol Syst Biol. 2012;8:611 pubmed publisher..Our proteomic data set furthermore allows mapping quantitative changes of functional protein classes, enabling novel insights into the biology of colon cancer. ..
- Jerabek S, Merino F, Schöler H, Cojocaru V. OCT4: dynamic DNA binding pioneers stem cell pluripotency. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1839:138-54 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Chromatin and epigenetic regulation of animal development. ..
- Voss A, Bode G, Sopalla C, Benedyk M, Varga G, Bohm M, et al. Expression of S100A8/A9 in HaCaT keratinocytes alters the rate of cell proliferation and differentiation. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:440-6 pubmed publisher..S100A8/A9 is induced in epithelial cells in response to stress. Therefore, S100A8/A9-mediated growth arrest could have implications for tissue remodeling and repair. ..
- Braun T, Arnold H. Myf-5 and myoD genes are activated in distinct mesenchymal stem cells and determine different skeletal muscle cell lineages. EMBO J. 1996;15:310-18 pubmed..Thus skeletal musculature in vertebrates develops from two separate cell lineages and complementation may occur at the cellular level, but not between different myogenic factor genes within one cell. ..
- Schulte D, Richter A, Burkhart R, Musahl C, Knippers R. Properties of the human nuclear protein p85Mcm. Expression, nuclear localization and interaction with other Mcm proteins. Eur J Biochem. 1996;235:144-51 pubmed..The complex dissociates at high ionic strength giving rise to stable subcomplexes, one of which contains protein p85Mcm together with Mcm proteins hCdc21 and p1O5Mcm. ..
- Dittrich R, Bossing T, Gould A, Technau G, Urban J. The differentiation of the serotonergic neurons in the Drosophila ventral nerve cord depends on the combined function of the zinc finger proteins Eagle and Huckebein. Development. 1997;124:2515-25 pubmed..Thus, we provide the first functional evidence for a combinatorial code of transcription factors acting early but downstream of segment polarity genes to specify a unique neuronal cell fate. ..
- Madruga J, Koritschoner N, Diebold S, Kurz S, Zenke M. Polarised expression pattern of focal contact proteins in highly motile antigen presenting dendritic cells. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 11):1685-96 pubmed..CD34(+ )stem cell-derived human dendritic cells also exhibited an elongated bipolar morphology, mode of migration and a polarised pattern of actin-vimentin expression similar to v-relER dendritic cells. ..
- Potter T, Göhde W, Wedemeyer N, Köhnlein W. Keratinocytes exposed to ultraviolet radiation reveal three down-regulated genes with potential function in differentiation and cell cycle control. Radiat Res. 2000;154:151-8 pubmed..Because of their potential involvement in cell cycle control and differentiation, these proteins could be important for understanding the reaction of keratinocytes after exposure to UV radiation. ..
- Bräuninger A, Yang W, Wacker H, Rajewsky K, Kuppers R, Hansmann M. B-cell development in progressively transformed germinal centers: similarities and differences compared with classical germinal centers and lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin disease. Blood. 2001;97:714-9 pubmed..In lymph nodes affected by PTGCs, no clonal expansion across the borders of individual PTGCs was observed, distinguishing PTGCs from LPHD. ..
- Tascou S, Nayernia K, Meinhardt A, Schweyer S, Engel W, Trappe R, et al. Targeted expression of SV40 large tumour antigen (TAg) induces a transient enhancement of spermatocyte proliferation and apoptosis. Mol Hum Reprod. 2001;7:1123-31 pubmed..These results indicate that germ cell homeostasis in transgenic mice is maintained by an apoptotic mechanism. ..
- Hadaschik D, Hinterkeuser K, Oldak M, Pfister H, Smola Hess S. The Papillomavirus E2 protein binds to and synergizes with C/EBP factors involved in keratinocyte differentiation. J Virol. 2003;77:5253-65 pubmed..Our data suggest that E2, via its interaction with C/EBP factors, may contribute to enhancing keratinocyte differentiation, which is suppressed by the viral oncoproteins E6 and E7 in HPV-induced lesions. ..
- Worch J, Tickenbrock L, Schwable J, Steffen B, Cauvet T, Mlody B, et al. The serine-threonine kinase MNK1 is post-translationally stabilized by PML-RARalpha and regulates differentiation of hematopoietic cells. Oncogene. 2004;23:9162-72 pubmed..MNK1 plays a role in myeloid differentiation. These data suggest a role for MNK1 in the AML fusion protein-associated differentiation block. ..
- Schwable J, Choudhary C, Thiede C, Tickenbrock L, Sargin B, Steur C, et al. RGS2 is an important target gene of Flt3-ITD mutations in AML and functions in myeloid differentiation and leukemic transformation. Blood. 2005;105:2107-14 pubmed..Taken together, RGS2 is a novel mediator of myeloid differentiation, and its repression is an important event in Flt3-ITD-induced transformation. ..
- Radeke H, von Wenckstern H, Stoidtner K, Sauer B, Hammer S, Kleuser B. Overlapping signaling pathways of sphingosine 1-phosphate and TGF-beta in the murine Langerhans cell line XS52. J Immunol. 2005;174:2778-86 pubmed..Thus, our data indicate a cross-communication between S1P and TGF-beta signaling that might be relevant for more than only migratory activities of immature LC. ..
- MacWilliams H, Doquang K, Pedrola R, Dollman G, Grassi D, Peis T, et al. A retinoblastoma ortholog controls stalk/spore preference in Dictyostelium. Development. 2006;133:1287-97 pubmed..rblA-null cells show reduced cell size and a premature growth-development transition; the latter appears anomalous but may reflect selection pressures acting on social ameba. ..
- Bauer M, Goldstein M, Christmann M, Becker H, Heylmann D, Kaina B. Human monocytes are severely impaired in base and DNA double-strand break repair that renders them vulnerable to oxidative stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:21105-10 pubmed publisher..We propose that impaired DNA repair in monocytes plays a role in the regulation of the monocyte/macrophage/DC system following ROS exposure. ..
- Plickert G, Frank U, Müller W. Hydractinia, a pioneering model for stem cell biology and reprogramming somatic cells to pluripotency. Int J Dev Biol. 2012;56:519-34 pubmed..Hence, Hydractinia have now attained the position of a powerful model in stem cell research, axis formation and allorecognition. ..
- Ikram F, Ackermann S, Kahlert Y, Volland R, Roels F, Engesser A, et al. Transcription factor activating protein 2 beta (TFAP2B) mediates noradrenergic neuronal differentiation in neuroblastoma. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:344-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that TFAP2B is playing a vital role in retaining RA responsiveness and mediating noradrenergic neuronal differentiation in neuroblastoma. ..
- Narayanan R, Pirouz M, Kerimoglu C, Pham L, Wagener R, Kiszka K, et al. Loss of BAF (mSWI/SNF) Complexes Causes Global Transcriptional and Chromatin State Changes in Forebrain Development. Cell Rep. 2015;13:1842-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a molecular mechanism mediated by BAF complexes that controls the global transcriptional program and chromatin state in development. ..
- Volckaert T, Yuan T, Chao C, Bell H, Sitaula A, Szimmtenings L, et al. Fgf10-Hippo Epithelial-Mesenchymal Crosstalk Maintains and Recruits Lung Basal Stem Cells. Dev Cell. 2017;43:48-59.e5 pubmed publisher..Epithelial-derived Wnt7b, then in turn, induces Fgf10 expression in ASMCs, which extends the BSC niche to promote regeneration. ..
- Heberlein C, Fischer K, Stoffel M, Nowock J, Ford A, Tessmer U, et al. The gene for erythropoietin receptor is expressed in multipotential hematopoietic and embryonal stem cells: evidence for differentiation stage-specific regulation. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:1815-26 pubmed..However, the lack of significant levels of GATA-1 expression in embryonal stem cells implies an alternative regulatory mechanism of EpoR transcription in cells not committed to the hematopoietic lineage. ..
- Dinkel A, Warnatz K, Ledermann B, Rolink A, Zipfel P, Burki K, et al. The transcription factor early growth response 1 (Egr-1) advances differentiation of pre-B and immature B cells. J Exp Med. 1998;188:2215-24 pubmed
- Bergwitz C, Wendlandt T, Kispert A, Brabant G. Wnts differentially regulate colony growth and differentiation of chondrogenic rat calvaria cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1538:129-40 pubmed..Since some, but not all Wnt effects were sensitive to inhibitors of proteoglycan synthesis or protein kinase C, multiple modes of signal transduction may be involved. ..
- Muller A, Ritzkowsky A, Steger G. Cooperative activation of human papillomavirus type 8 gene expression by the E2 protein and the cellular coactivator p300. J Virol. 2002;76:11042-53 pubmed..Our data suggest an important role of p300 in regulation of HPV8 gene expression and reveal a new mechanism by which E2 may be recruited to a promoter to activate transcription without sequence specific DNA binding. ..
- Müller W, Teo R, Frank U. Totipotent migratory stem cells in a hydroid. Dev Biol. 2004;275:215-24 pubmed..With time, the recipient underwent a complete conversion into the phenotype and genotype of the donor. Thus, under these experimental conditions the interstitial stem cells of Hydractinia exhibit totipotency...
- Gurok U, Bork K, Nuber U, Spörle R, Nöhring S, Horstkorte R. Expression of Ndufb11 encoding the neuronal protein 15.6 during neurite outgrowth and development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:370-4 pubmed..The down-regulation of NP15.6 correlates with neurite outgrowth of PC12 cells induced by nerve growth factor. Furthermore, we analyzed the expression of Ndufb11 in the embryonic and adult mouse. ..
- Bug G, Schwarz K, Schoch C, Kampfmann M, Henschler R, Hoelzer D, et al. Effect of histone deacetylase inhibitor valproic acid on progenitor cells of acute myeloid leukemia. Haematologica. 2007;92:542-5 pubmed..Our data suggest a differential effect of VPA on the small population of AML progenitor cells and the bulk of aberrantly differentiated blasts in the majority of AML samples tested. ..
- Rodriguez N, Lang R, Wantia N, Cirl C, Ertl T, Dürr S, et al. Induction of iNOS by Chlamydophila pneumoniae requires MyD88-dependent activation of JNK. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:1585-93 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae infection, the concerted action of the MyD88-dependent transcription factors NF-kappaB and AP-1 and of the MyD88-independent transcription factors phosphorylated STAT1 and IRF-1 is required...
- Barbaria E, Kohl B, Buhren B, Hasenpusch Theil K, Kruse F, Küry P, et al. The alpha-chemokine CXCL14 is up-regulated in the sciatic nerve of a mouse model of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A and alters myelin gene expression in cultured Schwann cells. Neurobiol Dis. 2009;33:448-58 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that early overexpression of PMP22, in a mouse model of CMT1A, results in a strong up-regulation of CXCL14, which seems to play a novel regulatory role in Schwann cell differentiation. ..
- Xi J, Khalil M, Shishechian N, Hannes T, Pfannkuche K, Liang H, et al. Comparison of contractile behavior of native murine ventricular tissue and cardiomyocytes derived from embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cells. FASEB J. 2010;24:2739-51 pubmed publisher..The results indicate immaturity of the sarcoplasmic reticulum and the beta-adrenergic response of iPS-CMs and ESC-CMs. ..
- Albert S, Ehmcke J, Wistuba J, Eildermann K, Behr R, Schlatt S, et al. Germ cell dynamics in the testis of the postnatal common marmoset monkey (Callithrix jacchus). Reproduction. 2010;140:733-42 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates the suitability of the marmoset testis as a model for human testicular development. ..
- Janicki P, Boeuf S, Steck E, Egermann M, Kasten P, Richter W. Prediction of in vivo bone forming potency of bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cells. Eur Cell Mater. 2011;21:488-507 pubmed..Proliferation-based potency testing and switch to enriched expansion conditions may pave the way for standardised production of MSC for bone repair. ..
- Esch D, Vahokoski J, Groves M, Pogenberg V, Cojocaru V, Vom Bruch H, et al. A unique Oct4 interface is crucial for reprogramming to pluripotency. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:295-301 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide molecular insights to explain how Oct4 contributes to the reprogramming process. ..
- Skazik C, Amann P, Heise R, Marquardt Y, Czaja K, Kim A, et al. Downregulation of STRA6 expression in epidermal keratinocytes leads to hyperproliferation-associated differentiation in both in vitro and in vivo skin models. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:1579-1588 pubmed publisher..By its influence on hyperproliferation-associated differentiation, STRA6 could also have a role in skin regeneration and could be a target for pharmacological approaches to improve wound healing. ..
- Schmuhl E, Ramer R, Salamon A, Peters K, Hinz B. Increase of mesenchymal stem cell migration by cannabidiol via activation of p42/44 MAPK. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;87:489-501 pubmed publisher..CBD may therefore recruit MSCs to sites of calcifying tissue regeneration and subsequently support bone regeneration via an osteoanabolic action on MSCs. ..
- Bock M, Hinley J, Schmitt C, Wahlicht T, Kramer S, Southgate J. Identification of ELF3 as an early transcriptional regulator of human urothelium. Dev Biol. 2014;386:321-30 pubmed publisher..The consequences of this were seen in the repressed expression of late/terminal differentiation-associated uroplakin 3a gene expression and in the compromised development and regeneration of urothelial barrier function. ..
- Rehli M, Krause S, Andreesen R. The membrane-bound ectopeptidase CPM as a marker of macrophage maturation in vitro and in vivo. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2000;477:205-16 pubmed..However, expression of mCPM was undetectable in murine primary macrophages and macrophage cell-lines, suggesting that CPM expression and function is not conserved between human and mouse macrophages. ..
- Sommer M, Gerth J, Stein G, Wolf G. Transdifferentiation of endothelial and renal tubular epithelial cells into myofibroblast-like cells under in vitro conditions: a morphological analysis. Cells Tissues Organs. 2005;180:204-14 pubmed..Our in vitro data suggest that EDC can more easily transdifferentiate into MFLC than syngeneic renal tubular EPC. ..
- Annies M, Bittcher G, Ramseger R, Löschinger J, Wöll S, Porten E, et al. Clustering transmembrane-agrin induces filopodia-like processes on axons and dendrites. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;31:515-24 pubmed..These data provide the first evidence for a specific role of TM-agrin in shaping the cytoskeleton of neurites in the developing nervous system. ..
- Berisha B, Welter H, Shimizu T, Miyamoto A, Meyer H, Schams D. Expression of fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) and FGF7 in mature follicles during the periovulatory period after GnRH in the cow. J Reprod Dev. 2006;52:307-13 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that FGF1 and FGF7 may be involved differently in the process of follicle maturation and CL formation, which is strongly dependent on angiogenesis. ..
- Weiland F, Verspohl E. Variety of angiotensin receptors in 3T3-L1 preadipose cells and differentiated adipocytes. Horm Metab Res. 2008;40:760-6 pubmed publisher..The AT4 binding site seems to be one of the predominant receptors in adipose cells. Other degraded, but still bioactive peptides like ANG III, IV and ANG(1-7), activating receptors not influenced by ANG II, could be of importance. ..
- Finkensieper A, Kieser S, Bekhite M, Richter M, Mueller J, Graebner R, et al. The 5-lipoxygenase pathway regulates vasculogenesis in differentiating mouse embryonic stem cells. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;86:37-44 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the 5-LO pathway emerges early during ES cell differentiation into cells of the myeloid lineage and that LTs play an until now unrecognized role in vascular development of ES cells. ..
- Schmidt M, Huber L, Majdazari A, Schutz G, Williams T, Rohrer H. The transcription factors AP-2? and AP-2? are required for survival of sympathetic progenitors and differentiated sympathetic neurons. Dev Biol. 2011;355:89-100 pubmed publisher..Whereas AP-2?/? transcription factors are in vivo not required for the onset or maintenance of noradrenergic differentiation, their essential survival functions are demonstrated for sympathetic progenitors and noradrenergic neurons. ..
- Ohler A, Becker Pauly C. Morpholino knockdown of the ubiquitously expressed transmembrane serine protease TMPRSS4a in zebrafish embryos exhibits severe defects in organogenesis and cell adhesion. Biol Chem. 2011;392:653-64 pubmed publisher..Whether its proteolytic activity is directed towards adhesion molecules or leads to the activation of other proteases needs to be investigated further. ..
- Jaeger A, Baake J, Weiss D, Kriehuber R. Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta regulates differentiation-induced apoptosis of human neural progenitor cells. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2013;31:61-8 pubmed publisher..We assume that GSK-3beta drives neural progenitor cell apoptosis by direct interaction with pro-apoptotic BAX or by indirect influence on the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin target gene transcription. ..
- Parcina M, Miranda García M, Durlanik S, Ziegler S, Over B, Georg P, et al. Pathogen-triggered activation of plasmacytoid dendritic cells induces IL-10-producing B cells in response to Staphylococcus aureus. J Immunol. 2013;190:1591-602 pubmed publisher..aureus. IL-10 release is partially dependent on TLR2-active lipoproteins, a hallmark of the Staphylococcus species. Collectively, our data suggest that S. aureus exploits pDC and TLR to establish B cell-mediated immune tolerance. ..
- Mirastschijski U, Kerzel C, Schnabel R, Strauss S, Breuing K. Complete horizontal skin cell resurfacing and delayed vertical cell infiltration into porcine reconstructive tissue matrix compared to bovine collagen matrix and human dermis. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013;132:861-9 pubmed publisher..Strattice may be suitable as a dermal replacement at recipient sites with high mechanical load requirements. ..
- Hu H, Illges H, Gruss C, Knippers R. Distribution of the chromatin protein DEK distinguishes active and inactive CD21/CR2 gene in pre- and mature B lymphocytes. Int Immunol. 2005;17:789-96 pubmed..Moreover, induction of CD21 expression in Nalm-6 cells leads to accumulation of DEK at this site. We propose that the accumulation of DEK is functionally linked to gene expression. ..
- Czeloth N, Bernhardt G, Hofmann F, Genth H, Forster R. Sphingosine-1-phosphate mediates migration of mature dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2005;175:2960-7 pubmed..A similar, yet more pronounced, block was observed upon preventing Cdc42/Rac and/or Rho activation by specific inhibitors. These results suggest that S1P-mediated signaling plays a pivotal role in the life cycle of DC. ..
- Rieken S, Sassmann A, Herroeder S, Wallenwein B, Moers A, Offermanns S, et al. G12/G13 family G proteins regulate marginal zone B cell maturation, migration, and polarization. J Immunol. 2006;177:2985-93 pubmed..These data suggest that G12/G13 family G proteins contribute to the formation of the mature MZB cell compartment both by controlling MZB cell migration and by regulating MZB cell precursor maturation. ..
- Bauer M, Szulc J, Meyer M, Jensen C, Terki T, Meixner A, et al. Delta-like 1 participates in the specification of ventral midbrain progenitor derived dopaminergic neurons. J Neurochem. 2008;104:1101-15 pubmed..The study presented here is the first publication identifying Dlk1 effects on ventral midbrain-derived DA precursor differentiation. ..
- Anderson H, Patch T, Reddy P, Hagedorn E, Kim P, Soltis K, et al. Hematopoietic stem cells develop in the absence of endothelial cadherin 5 expression. Blood. 2015;126:2811-20 pubmed publisher..These data establish that Cdh5, a marker of hemogenic endothelium in the AGM, is dispensable for the transition of hemogenic endothelium to HSCs. ..
- van der Heijden M, Zimberlin C, Nicholson A, Colak S, Kemp R, Meijer S, et al. Bcl-2 is a critical mediator of intestinal transformation. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10916 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that Bcl-2 is required for efficient intestinal transformation following Apc-loss and constitutes a potential chemoprevention target. ..
- Selbert S, Fischer P, Pongratz D, Stewart M, Noegel A. Expression and localization of annexin VII (synexin) in muscle cells. J Cell Sci. 1995;108 ( Pt 1):85-95 pubmed..The results obtained indicate a developmentally and Ca(2+)-regulated localization and expression of annexin VII and raise the possibility that annexin VII may play a role in excitation-contraction coupling in skeletal muscle. ..
- Ciana P, Braliou G, Demay F, von Lindern M, Barettino D, Beug H, et al. Leukemic transformation by the v-ErbA oncoprotein entails constitutive binding to and repression of an erythroid enhancer in vivo. EMBO J. 1998;17:7382-94 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that v-ErbA prevents CAII activation by 'neutralizing' in cis the activity of erythroid transcription factors. ..
- Gaschott T, Steinhilber D, Milovic V, Stein J. Tributyrin, a stable and rapidly absorbed prodrug of butyric acid, enhances antiproliferative effects of dihydroxycholecalciferol in human colon cancer cells. J Nutr. 2001;131:1839-43 pubmed
- Rusch A, Ng L, Goodyear R, Oliver D, Lisoukov I, Vennstrom B, et al. Retardation of cochlear maturation and impaired hair cell function caused by deletion of all known thyroid hormone receptors. J Neurosci. 2001;21:9792-800 pubmed..These results indicate that distinct pathways mediated by TRbeta alone or by TRbeta and TRalpha1 together facilitate control over an extended range of functions during the maturation of the cochlea...
- Wickert L, Abiaka M, Bolkenius U, Gressner A. Corticosteroids stimulate selectively transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta receptor type III expression in transdifferentiating hepatic stellate cells. J Hepatol. 2004;40:69-76 pubmed..The increase of T beta RIII by corticosteroids indicates that these hormones are important regulators of this receptor and thereby they can modulate TGF-beta signaling. ..
- Moser M, Li Y, Vaupel K, Kretzschmar D, Kluge R, Glynn P, et al. Placental failure and impaired vasculogenesis result in embryonic lethality for neuropathy target esterase-deficient mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1667-79 pubmed..Additionally, impairment of vasculogenesis in the yolk sacs and embryos of null mutant conceptuses suggested that NTE is also required for normal blood vessel development. ..
- Shephard P, Hinz B, Smola Hess S, Meister J, Krieg T, Smola H. Dissecting the roles of endothelin, TGF-beta and GM-CSF on myofibroblast differentiation by keratinocytes. Thromb Haemost. 2004;92:262-74 pubmed..Our results dissect the roles of TGF-beta and ET-1 on mechanical force generation in keratinocyte-fibroblast co-cultures, and identify GM-CSF as an inducer of myofibroblasts acting indirectly. ..
- Nikolova T, Wu M, Brumbarov K, Alt R, Opitz H, Boheler K, et al. WNT-conditioned media differentially affect the proliferation and differentiation of cord blood-derived CD133+ cells in vitro. Differentiation. 2007;75:100-11 pubmed
- Birkenfeld J, Nalbant P, Yoon S, Bokoch G. Cellular functions of GEF-H1, a microtubule-regulated Rho-GEF: is altered GEF-H1 activity a crucial determinant of disease pathogenesis?. Trends Cell Biol. 2008;18:210-9 pubmed publisher..We suggest that GEF-H1 could be a novel therapeutic target in multiple human diseases. ..
- Koelling S, Kruegel J, Irmer M, Path J, Sadowski B, Miro X, et al. Migratory chondrogenic progenitor cells from repair tissue during the later stages of human osteoarthritis. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;4:324-35 pubmed publisher..Our results offer new insights into the biology of progenitor cells in the context of diseased cartilage tissue. Our work may be relevant in the development of novel therapeutics for the later stages of osteoarthritis. ..
- Stahl Y, Wink R, Ingram G, Simon R. A signaling module controlling the stem cell niche in Arabidopsis root meristems. Curr Biol. 2009;19:909-14 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal how, in contrast to the shoot system, signals originating from differentiated cells, but not the stem cells, determine the size and position of the root niche. ..
- Düber S, Hafner M, Krey M, Lienenklaus S, Roy B, Hobeika E, et al. Induction of B-cell development in adult mice reveals the ability of bone marrow to produce B-1a cells. Blood. 2009;114:4960-7 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, physiologic frequencies of phosphatidylcholine-specific B cells were detected. Importantly, the BM of young and 5-month-old mice was indistinguishable with regard to the potential to generate B-1a cells. ..
- Varga G, Nippe N, Balkow S, Peters T, Wild M, Seeliger S, et al. LFA-1 contributes to signal I of T-cell activation and to the production of T(h)1 cytokines. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:1005-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, ligation of LFA-1 on T cells participates in regulation of Th1 cytokines in vivo. In addition, LFA-1 primarily exerts an effect as an enhancer of TCR signalling and does not facilitate classical costimulation. ..
- Norum M, TÃ¥ng E, Chavoshi T, Schwarz H, Linke D, Uv A, et al. Trafficking through COPII stabilises cell polarity and drives secretion during Drosophila epidermal differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10802 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that COPII vesicles constitute a central hub for these processes. ..
- Speckmann B, Pinto A, Winter M, Forster I, Sies H, Steinbrenner H. Proinflammatory cytokines down-regulate intestinal selenoprotein P biosynthesis via NOS2 induction. Free Radic Biol Med. 2010;49:777-85 pubmed publisher..We conclude that inflammation of the intestinal mucosa causes a decline in locally produced selenoprotein P in the colon that eventually may contribute to the emergence of inflammatory bowel disease-related colorectal cancer...
- Winterhoff B, Arlt A, Duttmann A, Ungefroren H, Schäfer H, Kalthoff H, et al. Characterisation of FAP-1 expression and CD95 mediated apoptosis in the A818-6 pancreatic adenocarcinoma differentiation system. Differentiation. 2012;83:148-57 pubmed publisher..A tight control of receptor surface representation and signalling induced apoptosis ensures controlled removal of individual cells instead of a "snowball effect" of apoptotic events. ..
- Böser A, Drexler H, Reuter H, Schmitz H, Wu G, Scholer H, et al. SILAC proteomics of planarians identifies Ncoa5 as a conserved component of pluripotent stem cells. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1142-55 pubmed publisher..Our study thus identifies a conserved component of pluripotent stem cells, demonstrating that planarians, in particular, when combined with in vivo SILAC, are a powerful model in stem cell research...
- Barrallo Gimeno A, Holzschuh J, Driever W, Knapik E. Neural crest survival and differentiation in zebrafish depends on mont blanc/tfap2a gene function. Development. 2004;131:1463-77 pubmed