Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle in Spain
Topic: cell cycle
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Dueñas Santero E, Martin Cuadrado A, Fontaine T, Latge J, del Rey F, Vázquez de Aldana C. Characterization of glycoside hydrolase family 5 proteins in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:1650-60 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of Exg2 resulted in an increase in cell wall material at the poles and in the septum, but the putative catalytic activity of the protein was not required for this effect. ..
- Adrover M, Zi Z, Duch A, Schaber J, Gonzalez Novo A, Jimenez J, et al. Time-dependent quantitative multicomponent control of the G?-S network by the stress-activated protein kinase Hog1 upon osmostress. Sci Signal. 2011;4:ra63 pubmed publisher..Thus, our work defines distinct temporal roles for the actions of Hog1 on Sic1 and cyclins in mediating G? arrest upon hyperosmotic stress. ..
- García Gutiérrez P, Mundi M, Garcia Dominguez M. Association of bromodomain BET proteins with chromatin requires dimerization through the conserved motif B. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3671-80 pubmed..By contrast, a deletion mutant of motif B fails to perform in this way, highlighting the relevance of this domain for Brd2 function. ..
- Gajate C, An F, Mollinedo F. Differential cytostatic and apoptotic effects of ecteinascidin-743 in cancer cells. Transcription-dependent cell cycle arrest and transcription-independent JNK and mitochondrial mediated apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:41580-9 pubmed
- Valero J, Weruaga E, Murias A, Recio J, Alonso J. Proliferation markers in the adult rodent brain: bromodeoxyuridine and proliferating cell nuclear antigen. Brain Res Brain Res Protoc. 2005;15:127-34 pubmed..The double labeling described allows the discrimination of different cell cycle stages in migratory cells from the mouse brain. ..
- Malumbres M, Barbacid M. Mammalian cyclin-dependent kinases. Trends Biochem Sci. 2005;30:630-41 pubmed..These findings have important implications both for our current understanding of the role of Cdks in regulating the mammalian cell cycle and for their potential use as therapeutic targets in cancer. ..
- Nebreda A. CDK activation by non-cyclin proteins. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2006;18:192-8 pubmed..Recently, five different mammalian RINGO/Speedy family members have been reported, all of which can bind to and directly activate Cdk1 and Cdk2. ..
- Ocio E, Mateos M, Maiso P, Pandiella A, San Miguel J. New drugs in multiple myeloma: mechanisms of action and phase I/II clinical findings. Lancet Oncol. 2008;9:1157-65 pubmed publisher..Unfortunately, the single-agent clinical activity of most of these new drugs has been limited; nevertheless, their effectiveness might be enhanced by their rational combination with each other or with conventional agents. ..
- Taberner F, Quilis I, Igual J. Spatial regulation of the start repressor Whi5. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:3010-8 pubmed..Moreover, the nuclear export driven by Whi5(51-167) depends on the phosphorylation of specific Ser residues. Finally, we identified Cdc14 as the phosphatase required for the nuclear accumulation of Whi5. ..
- Cerqueira A, Santamaria D, Martinez Pastor B, Cuadrado M, Fernandez Capetillo O, Barbacid M. Overall Cdk activity modulates the DNA damage response in mammalian cells. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:773-80 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal that genome maintenance programs of postreplicative cells, including DDR, are regulated by the overall level of Cdk activity and not by specific Cdks. ..
- Abella N, Brun S, Calvo M, Tapia O, Weber J, Berciano M, et al. Nucleolar disruption ensures nuclear accumulation of p21 upon DNA damage. Traffic. 2010;11:743-55 pubmed publisher..This proved the existence of a nucleolar export route to the cytoplasm for p21(cip1) in control conditions that would be inhibited upon DNA damage leading to nuclear and nucleolar accumulation of p21(cip1)...
- Taberner F, Igual J. Yeast karyopherin Kap95 is required for cell cycle progression at Start. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:47 pubmed publisher..This transport depends on the specific nuclear localization signals present in cargo proteins. ..
- Correia I, Alonso Monge R, Pla J. MAPK cell-cycle regulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Candida albicans. Future Microbiol. 2010;5:1125-41 pubmed publisher..Research into similar MAPK-mediated cell cycle regulation in the opportunistic pathogen Candida albicans may result in the development of new antifungal therapies. ..
- Burgeiro A, Gajate C, Dakir E, Villa Pulgarin J, Oliveira P, Mollinedo F. Involvement of mitochondrial and B-RAF/ERK signaling pathways in berberine-induced apoptosis in human melanoma cells. Anticancer Drugs. 2011;22:507-18 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that inhibition of B-RAF/ERK survival signaling facilitates the cell death response triggered by berberine. ..
- Knies K, Inano S, Ramirez M, Ishiai M, Surralles J, Takata M, et al. Biallelic mutations in the ubiquitin ligase RFWD3 cause Fanconi anemia. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3013-3027 pubmed publisher..Although RFWD3 mutations have thus far been detected in a single child with FA, we propose RFWD3 as an FA gene, FANCW, supported by cellular paradigm systems and an animal model. ..
- Quereda V, Malumbres M. Cell cycle control of pituitary development and disease. J Mol Endocrinol. 2009;42:75-86 pubmed publisher..Understanding how cell cycle regulation controls pituitary biology may provide us with new therapeutic approaches against pituitary diseases. ..
- Ramos Morales F, Dominguez A, Romero F, Luna R, Multon M, Pintor Toro J, et al. Cell cycle regulated expression and phosphorylation of hpttg proto-oncogene product. Oncogene. 2000;19:403-9 pubmed..These results suggest that hpttg is induced by, and may have a role in, regulatory pathways involved in the control of cell proliferation. ..
- Goytisolo F, Samper E, Martin Caballero J, Finnon P, Herrera E, Flores J, et al. Short telomeres result in organismal hypersensitivity to ionizing radiation in mammals. J Exp Med. 2000;192:1625-36 pubmed..The IR-sensitive phenotype of G5 mTR(-/)- mice suggests that telomere function is one of the determinants of radiation sensitivity of whole animals. ..
- Yunta M, Rodriguez Barbero A, Arévalo M, Lopez Novoa J, Lazo P. Induction of DNA synthesis by ligation of the CD53 tetraspanin antigen in primary cultures of mesangial cells. Kidney Int. 2003;63:534-42 pubmed..CD53 antigen delivers a signal that initiates DNA synthesis. This signal is mediated by ERK1/ERK2 activation, but it is not sufficient to complete the cell cycle. ..
- de Medina Redondo M, Arnaiz Pita Y, Clavaud C, Fontaine T, del Rey F, Latge J, et al. ?(1,3)-glucanosyl-transferase activity is essential for cell wall integrity and viability of Schizosaccharomyces pombe. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14046 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ?(1,3)-glucanosyl-transferase activity is essential for viability in fission yeast, being required to maintain cell integrity during vegetative growth. ..
- Misiewicz Krzeminska I, Sarasquete M, Quwaider D, Krzeminski P, Ticona F, Paíno T, et al. Restoration of microRNA-214 expression reduces growth of myeloma cells through positive regulation of P53 and inhibition of DNA replication. Haematologica. 2013;98:640-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MiR-214 functions as a tumor suppressor in myeloma by positive regulation of p53 and inhibition of DNA replication. ..
- Castro M, Miguel del Corral J, Gordaliza M, Garcia P, Gómez Zurita M, García Grávalos M, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of new selective cytotoxic cyclolignans derived from podophyllotoxin. J Med Chem. 2004;47:1214-22 pubmed
- Cayuso J, Ulloa F, Cox B, Briscoe J, Marti E. The Sonic hedgehog pathway independently controls the patterning, proliferation and survival of neuroepithelial cells by regulating Gli activity. Development. 2006;133:517-28 pubmed..Furthermore, Shh signaling independently regulates patterning, proliferation and survival of neural cells, thus Shh/Gli activity couples these separate cellular responses of progenitors to coordinate neural development. ..
- Villegas I, Sánchez Fidalgo S, Alarcón de la Lastra C. New mechanisms and therapeutic potential of curcumin for colorectal cancer. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008;52:1040-61 pubmed publisher..This review is intended to provide the reader an update of the bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of curcumin and describes the recently identified molecular pathways responsible of its anticancer potential in CRC. ..
- Esteban V, Blanco M, Cueille N, Simanis V, Moreno S, Bueno A. A role for the Cdc14-family phosphatase Flp1p at the end of the cell cycle in controlling the rapid degradation of the mitotic inducer Cdc25p in fission yeast. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:2461-8 pubmed..Our results suggest a regulatory mechanism, and a universal role, for Cdc14p like proteins in coordination of cytokinesis with other cell cycle events. ..
- Sanchez Beato M, Sanchez E, Garcia J, Pérez Rosado A, Montoya M, Fraga M, et al. Abnormal PcG protein expression in Hodgkin's lymphoma. Relation with E2F6 and NFkappaB transcription factors. J Pathol. 2004;204:528-37 pubmed..These results allow us to propose that the formation of transcription complexes with E2F6 may modify the functional status of PcG proteins in HSR cells. ..
- Herrero González S, Gangoso E, Giaume C, Naus C, Medina J, Tabernero A. Connexin43 inhibits the oncogenic activity of c-Src in C6 glioma cells. Oncogene. 2010;29:5712-23 pubmed publisher..Although c-Src is known to phosphorylate connexin43, this study provides the first evidence that connexin43 can also inhibit c-Src activity. ..
- Díaz Rodríguez L, García Martínez O, Morales M, Rodríguez Pérez L, Rubio Ruiz B, Ruiz C. Effects of indomethacin, nimesulide, and diclofenac on human MG-63 osteosarcoma cell line. Biol Res Nurs. 2012;14:98-107 pubmed publisher..They may delay bone regeneration due to their inhibiting effect on osteoblast growth. Therefore, these drugs should only be used in situations that do not require rapid bone healing. ..
- Sotillo R, Dubus P, Martin J, de la Cueva E, Ortega S, Malumbres M, et al. Wide spectrum of tumors in knock-in mice carrying a Cdk4 protein insensitive to INK4 inhibitors. EMBO J. 2001;20:6637-47 pubmed..These results provide experimental evidence for a central role of Cdk4 regulation in cancer and provide a valuable model for testing the potential anti-tumor effect of Cdk4 inhibitors in vivo. ..
- Molina Arcas M, Moreno Bueno G, Cano Soldado P, Hernandez Vargas H, Casado F, Palacios J, et al. Human equilibrative nucleoside transporter-1 (hENT1) is required for the transcriptomic response of the nucleoside-derived drug 5'-DFUR in breast cancer MCF7 cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2006;72:1646-56 pubmed..This study demonstrates that although 5'-DFUR is substrate for both equilibrative nucleoside carriers, hENT1 function is essential for the full transcriptional response to 5'-DFUR treatment. ..
- Alcaide P, Merinero B, Ruiz Sala P, Richard E, Navarrete R, Arias A, et al. Defining the pathogenicity of creatine deficiency syndrome. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:282-91 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that reducing oxidative stress could be helpful in treating CDS. Hum Mutat 32:1-10, 2011. © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Sánchez Moreiras A, de la Peña T, Reigosa M. The natural compound benzoxazolin-2(3H)-one selectively retards cell cycle in lettuce root meristems. Phytochemistry. 2008;69:2172-9 pubmed publisher..Flow cytometry analyses and mitotic index showed a retard of cell cycle in BOA-treated meristems with selective activity at G2/M checkpoint. ..
- Falaleeva M, Pages A, Matuszek Ż, Hidmi S, Agranat Tamir L, Korotkov K, et al. Dual function of C/D box small nucleolar RNAs in rRNA modification and alternative pre-mRNA splicing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E1625-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, some SNORDs likely function in both rRNA and pre-mRNA processing, which increases the repertoire of splicing regulators and links both processes. ..
- Barceló Oliver M, Garcia Raso A, Terron A, Molins E, Prieto M, Moreno V, et al. Synthesis and mass spectroscopy kinetics of a novel ternary copper(II) complex with cytotoxic activity against cancer cells. J Inorg Biochem. 2007;101:649-59 pubmed..These data indicate that the parent complex is a potential anticancer drug. ..
- Royo F, Paz N, Espinosa L, McQueen P, VellÃ³n L, Parada L. Spatial link between nucleoli and expression of the Zac1 gene. Chromosoma. 2009;118:711-22 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that Zac1 mRNA preferentially accumulates in close proximity to nucleoli within the cell nucleus. In addition, our results suggest a functional link between such spatial distribution and protein expression. ..
- Cárdeno A, Sanchez Hidalgo M, Rosillo M, Alarcón de la Lastra C. Oleuropein, a secoiridoid derived from olive tree, inhibits the proliferation of human colorectal cancer cell through downregulation of HIF-1?. Nutr Cancer. 2013;65:147-56 pubmed publisher..Our novel findings demonstrate that OL limits the growth and induces apoptosis in HT-29 cells via p53 pathway activation adapting the HIF-1? response to hypoxia. ..
- Veas PÃ©rez de Tudela M, Maestre C, Delgado Esteban M, BolaÃ±os J, Almeida A. Cdk5-mediated inhibition of APC/C-Cdh1 switches on the cyclin D1-Cdk4-pRb pathway causing aberrant S-phase entry of postmitotic neurons. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18180 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that APC/C-Cdh1 actively suppresses an aberrant cell cycle entry and death of neurons, highlighting its critical function in neuroprotection. ..
- Mauriz J, Gonzalez P, Duran M, Molpeceres V, Culebras J, Gonzalez Gallego J. Cell-cycle inhibition by TNP-470 in an in vivo model of hepatocarcinoma is mediated by a p53 and p21WAF1/CIP1 mechanism. Transl Res. 2007;149:46-53 pubmed..These cytostatic effects should be considered when assessing the efficacy of TNP-470 for anti-angiogenic therapy. These findings may prove useful for the development of therapies for the treatment of human HCC. ..
- Guillamot M, Manchado E, Chiesa M, Gomez Lopez G, Pisano D, Sacristán M, et al. Cdc14b regulates mammalian RNA polymerase II and represses cell cycle transcription. Sci Rep. 2011;1:189 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a function for mammalian Cdc14 phosphatases in the control of transcription during the cell cycle. ..
- Sotillos S, Campuzano S. DRacGAP, a novel Drosophila gene, inhibits EGFR/Ras signalling in the developing imaginal wing disc. Development. 2000;127:5427-38 pubmed..Hence, control of DRacGAP expression by the EGFR/Ras pathway is a previously undescribed feedback mechanism modulating the intensity and/or duration of its signalling during Drosophila development. ..
- Tabernero A, Sánchez Alvarez R, Medina J. Increased levels of cyclins D1 and D3 after inhibition of gap junctional communication in astrocytes. J Neurochem. 2006;96:973-82 pubmed..Our work provides evidence for the involvement of cyclins D1 and D3 as sensors of the inhibition of gap junctional communication in astrocytes. ..
- Lizarraga D, Lozano C, Briedé J, van Delft J, Touriño S, Centelles J, et al. The importance of polymerization and galloylation for the antiproliferative properties of procyanidin-rich natural extracts. FEBS J. 2007;274:4802-11 pubmed..Additionally, the antiproliferative effects of grape fractions were consistent with their oxygen radical-scavenging capacity and their ability to trigger DNA condensation-fragmentation. ..
- Freire R, van Vugt M, Mamely I, Medema R. Claspin: timing the cell cycle arrest when the genome is damaged. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:2831-4 pubmed..Importantly, Plk1-mediated proteosomal degradation of Claspin appears to be essential for check-point recovery. Here we review these recent findings and discuss the mechanisms of checkpoint regulation by Claspin. ..
- Edel M, Menchon C, Menendez S, Consiglio A, Raya A, Izpisua Belmonte J. Rem2 GTPase maintains survival of human embryonic stem cells as well as enhancing reprogramming by regulating p53 and cyclin D1. Genes Dev. 2010;24:561-73 pubmed publisher..Our studies highlight the possibility of reprogramming somatic cells by imposing hESC-specific cell cycle features for making safer iPSCs for cell therapy use. ..
- Mir R, Tortosa A, Martínez Soler F, Vidal A, Condom E, Pérez Perarnau A, et al. Mdm2 antagonists induce apoptosis and synergize with cisplatin overcoming chemoresistance in TP53 wild-type ovarian cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1525-36 pubmed publisher..As increased response was generalized in primary tumors, this cisplatin-Nut3a combination could be useful for the treatment of patients harboring wild-type TP53 who do not respond to standard chemotherapy. ..
- Sanchez Diaz A, Gonzalez I, Arellano M, Moreno S. The Cdk inhibitors p25rum1 and p40SIC1 are functional homologues that play similar roles in the regulation of the cell cycle in fission and budding yeast. J Cell Sci. 1998;111 ( Pt 6):843-51 pubmed..All these observations suggest that fission yeast p25rum1 and budding yeast p40SIC1 define a family of Cdk inhibitors that specifically down regulate cyclin B/Cdk1 during the G1 phase of the cell cycle. ..
- Soler C, Garcia Manteiga J, Valdes R, Xaus J, Comalada M, Casado F, et al. Macrophages require different nucleoside transport systems for proliferation and activation. FASEB J. 2001;15:1979-88 pubmed..This report also shows that the nucleoside transporters are critical for macrophage proliferation and activation. ..
- Malumbres M, Sotillo R, Santamaria D, Galan J, Cerezo A, Ortega S, et al. Mammalian cells cycle without the D-type cyclin-dependent kinases Cdk4 and Cdk6. Cell. 2004;118:493-504 pubmed..These results indicate that D-type cyclin-dependent kinases are not essential for cell cycle entry and suggest the existence of alternative mechanisms to initiate cell proliferation upon mitogenic stimulation. ..
- Alsina B, Corominas M, Berry M, Baguna J, Serras F. Disruption of selenoprotein biosynthesis affects cell proliferation in the imaginal discs and brain of Drosophila melanogaster. J Cell Sci. 1999;112 ( Pt 17):2875-84 pubmed..Because most selenoproteins identified so far are antioxidants, the role of ptuf in cell proliferation through the control of the cellular redox balance is discussed. ..
- Rebollo A, Perez Sala D, Martinez A C. Bcl-2 differentially targets K-, N-, and H-Ras to mitochondria in IL-2 supplemented or deprived cells: implications in prevention of apoptosis. Oncogene. 1999;18:4930-9 pubmed..These results evidence a distinct behavior among the three Ras proteins in TS1alphabeta cells, depending on IL-2 supply, and suggest homologue-specific roles for Ras proteins in IL-2-dependent events. ..
- Martinez N, Sanchez Beato M, Carnero A, Moneo V, Tercero J, Fernandez I, et al. Transcriptional signature of Ecteinascidin 743 (Yondelis, Trabectedin) in human sarcoma cells explanted from chemo-naive patients. Mol Cancer Ther. 2005;4:814-23 pubmed..The transcriptional signature described here may lead to the identification of ET-743 downstream mediators and transcription regulators and the proposal of strategies by which ET-743-sensitive tumors may be identified. ..
- Baena Lopez L, Garcia Bellido A. Control of growth and positional information by the graded vestigial expression pattern in the wing of Drosophila melanogaster. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13734-9 pubmed..Our observations provide evidence that local cell interactions, triggered by differences in vestigial expression between neighboring cells, confer positional values operating in the control of growth and shape of the wing. ..
- Selga E, Noe V, Ciudad C. Transcriptional regulation of aldo-keto reductase 1C1 in HT29 human colon cancer cells resistant to methotrexate: role in the cell cycle and apoptosis. Biochem Pharmacol. 2008;75:414-26 pubmed..Finally, overexpression of AKR1C1 in MTX sensitive HT29 cells conferred resistance to the chemotherapeutic agent and silencing of AKR1C1 by means of iRNA technology sensitized the cells to MTX. ..
- Bernal J, Roche M, Mendez Vidal C, Espina A, Tortolero M, Pintor Toro J. Proliferative potential after DNA damage and non-homologous end joining are affected by loss of securin. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:202-12 pubmed..These data suggest that securin has a key role in the maintenance of genomic stability after DNA damage, thereby providing a previously unknown mechanism for regulating tumour progression. ..
- Roura Ferrer M, Sole L, Martínez Mármol R, Villalonga N, Felipe A. Skeletal muscle Kv7 (KCNQ) channels in myoblast differentiation and proliferation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;369:1094-7 pubmed publisher..1 mRNA also increased during the G(1)-phase, pharmacological evidence mainly involves Kv7.5 in myoblast growth. Our results indicate that the cell cycle-dependent expression of Kv7.5 is involved in skeletal muscle cell proliferation. ..
- Castellano E, Guerrero C, Nunez A, De Las Rivas J, Santos E. Serum-dependent transcriptional networks identify distinct functional roles for H-Ras and N-Ras during initial stages of the cell cycle. Genome Biol. 2009;10:R123 pubmed publisher..Our observations confirm the notion of an absolute requirement for different peaks of Ras activity during the initial stages of the cell cycle and document the functional specificity of H-Ras and N-Ras during those processes. ..
- Pizarro J, Folch J, de la Torre A, Junyent F, Verdaguer E, Jordan J, et al. ATM is involved in cell-cycle control through the regulation of retinoblastoma protein phosphorylation. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:210-8 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate how a new molecular network on ATM regulates the cell cycle through the control of pRb phosphorylation. These findings support a new target of ATM. ..
- Castro J, Ribo M, Navarro S, Nogués M, Vilanova M, Benito A. A human ribonuclease induces apoptosis associated with p21WAF1/CIP1 induction and JNK inactivation. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:9 pubmed publisher..This mechanism is significantly different from that found for onconase. ..
- Menchon C, Edel M, Izpisua Belmonte J. The cell cycle inhibitor p27Kip¹ controls self-renewal and pluripotency of human embryonic stem cells by regulating the cell cycle, Brachyury and Twist. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:1435-47 pubmed..These results define p27(Kip)¹ expression levels as critical for self-renewal and pluripotency in hESC and suggest a role for p27(Kip)¹ in controlling an epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) in hESC. ..
- Bazzocco S, Dopeso H, Cartón García F, Macaya I, Andretta E, Chionh F, et al. Highly Expressed Genes in Rapidly Proliferating Tumor Cells as New Targets for Colorectal Cancer Treatment. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:3695-704 pubmed publisher..We have characterized at the transcriptomic level the differences between colorectal cancer cells that vary in their growth rates, and identified novel candidate chemotherapeutic targets for the treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Milan M, Campuzano S, Garcia Bellido A. Cell cycling and patterned cell proliferation in the Drosophila wing during metamorphosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:11687-92 pubmed..The final number of cells of the wing is fixed independently of experimental perturbations that alter the cell division schedule. These results are discussed in the context of a model of wing morphogenesis. ..
- Martinez Salgado C, Fuentes Calvo I, García Cenador B, Santos E, Lopez Novoa J. Involvement of H- and N-Ras isoforms in transforming growth factor-beta1-induced proliferation and in collagen and fibronectin synthesis. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:2093-106 pubmed..PI3K-Akt pathway activation may be involved in the increase in ECM synthesis observed in the absence of H- and N-Ras. ..
- Blanco S, Klimcakova L, Vega F, Lazo P. The subcellular localization of vaccinia-related kinase-2 (VRK2) isoforms determines their different effect on p53 stability in tumour cell lines. FEBS J. 2006;273:2487-504 pubmed..In this context, VRK2B kinase might functionally replace nuclear VRK1. Therefore, these kinases might be components of a new signalling pathway that is likely to play a role in normal cell proliferation. ..
- Martinez Chantar M, Vazquez Chantada M, Garnacho M, Latasa M, Varela Rey M, Dotor J, et al. S-adenosylmethionine regulates cytoplasmic HuR via AMP-activated kinase. Gastroenterology. 2006;131:223-32 pubmed..Our results yield novel insights about the mechanism by which SAM inhibits cell-cycle progression in the liver. ..
- Mamely I, van Vugt M, Smits V, Semple J, Lemmens B, Perrakis A, et al. Polo-like kinase-1 controls proteasome-dependent degradation of Claspin during checkpoint recovery. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1950-5 pubmed..Moreover, our data demonstrate that the degradation of Claspin at the onset of mitosis is an essential step for the recovery of a cell from a DNA-damage-induced cell-cycle arrest. ..
- Juanes M, Queralt E, Bañó M, Igual J. Rot1 plays an antagonistic role to Clb2 in actin cytoskeleton dynamics throughout the cell cycle. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:2390-401 pubmed..Several genetic interactions suggest a link between Rot1 and the ubiquitin-proteasome system and we show that the Clb2 cyclin is not properly degraded in rot1 cells. ..
- Mateo F, Vidal Laliena M, Canela N, Zecchin A, Martínez Balbás M, Agell N, et al. The transcriptional co-activator PCAF regulates cdk2 activity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:7072-84 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a previously unknown mechanism that regulates cdk2 activity. ..
- Morillo S, Escoll P, de la Hera A, Frade J. Somatic tetraploidy in specific chick retinal ganglion cells induced by nerve growth factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:109-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, a developmental program leading to somatic tetraploidy in specific retinal neurons exists in vertebrates. This program might occur in other vertebrate neurons during normal or pathological situations. ..
- Valbuena N, Moreno S. TOR and PKA pathways synergize at the level of the Ste11 transcription factor to prevent mating and meiosis in fission yeast. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11514 pubmed publisher..We conclude that both the PKA and the TOR pathways inhibit Ste11 nuclear accumulation to repress Ste11-dependent gene expression. However, the PKA pathway plays a quantitatively more important role than the TOR pathway in this process. ..
- Altuna X, Lopez J, Yu M, Arandazi M, Harris J, Wang Rodriguez J, et al. Potential role of imatinib mesylate (Gleevec, STI-571) in the treatment of vestibular schwannoma. Otol Neurotol. 2011;32:163-70 pubmed publisher..The expression of PDGFR-Q and c-Kit in VS tissue may indicate novel molecular targets involved in the development of this tumor. Direct inhibition of these molecules by Gleevec may have relevant therapeutic applications. ..
- Rodríguez Gómez J, Levitsky K, Lopez Barneo J. T-type Ca2+ channels in mouse embryonic stem cells: modulation during cell cycle and contribution to self-renewal. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;302:C494-504 pubmed publisher..We propose that Ca(2+) entry mediated by Ca(v)3.2 channels might be one of the intracellular signals that participate in the complex network responsible for ES cell self-renewal. ..
- Castilla C, Flores M, Conde J, Medina R, Torrubia F, Japon M, et al. Downregulation of protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPL1 alters cell cycle and upregulates invasion-related genes in prostate cancer cells. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2012;29:349-58 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that PTPL1 is an important mediator of central cellular processes such as proliferation and invasion. ..
- Smits V. EDD induces cell cycle arrest by increasing p53 levels. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:715-20 pubmed publisher..In addition, the increased p53 levels upon EDD depletion cause a G(1) arrest, as co-depletion of EDD and p53 completely rescues this effect on cell cycle progression. ..
- Diaz Rodriguez E, Pandiella A. Modulation of cereblon levels by anti-myeloma agents. Leuk Lymphoma. 2016;57:167-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CRBN is an important mediator of the cellular response to IMIDs, but also critical in the maintenance of cell viability and/or proliferation. ..
- Castro A, Jaumot M, Verges M, Agell N, Bachs O. Microsomal localization of cyclin A and cdk2 in proliferating rat liver cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;201:1072-8 pubmed..These results suggest a putative role of cyclin A/cdk2 during S phase which would be related with microsomal function. ..
- Rais B, Comin B, Puigjaner J, Brandes J, Creppy E, Saboureau D, et al. Oxythiamine and dehydroepiandrosterone induce a G1 phase cycle arrest in Ehrlich's tumor cells through inhibition of the pentose cycle. FEBS Lett. 1999;456:113-8 pubmed..PC inhibitors, specifically ones targeting TK, introduce a new target site for the development of future cancer therapies to inhibit glucose utilizing pathways selectively for nucleic acid production. ..
- Calzada A, Sacristan M, Sanchez E, Bueno A. Cdc6 cooperates with Sic1 and Hct1 to inactivate mitotic cyclin-dependent kinases. Nature. 2001;412:355-8 pubmed..By contributing to mitotic exit and inactivation of CDKs, Cdc6 helps to create the conditions that are required for its subsequent role in the formation of pre-replicative complexes at origins of DNA replication. ..
- Valente T, Auladell C. Expression pattern of Zac1 mouse gene, a new zinc-finger protein that regulates apoptosis and cellular cycle arrest, in both adult brain and along development. Mech Dev. 2001;108:207-11 pubmed
- Paramio J, Segrelles C, Ruiz S, Jorcano J. Inhibition of protein kinase B (PKB) and PKCzeta mediates keratin K10-induced cell cycle arrest. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:7449-59 pubmed..Together, these results suggest new and essential roles for the keratins as modulators of specific signal transduction pathways. ..
- Yenush L, Mulet J, Arino J, Serrano R. The Ppz protein phosphatases are key regulators of K+ and pH homeostasis: implications for salt tolerance, cell wall integrity and cell cycle progression. EMBO J. 2002;21:920-9 pubmed..In addition to providing a coherent explanation for all Ppz-dependent phenotypes, our results provide evidence for a causal relationship between intracellular cation homeostasis and a potential cell cycle checkpoint. ..
- Daga R, Bolaños P, Moreno S. Regulated mRNA stability of the Cdk inhibitor Rum1 links nutrient status to cell cycle progression. Curr Biol. 2003;13:2015-24 pubmed..We propose that mRNA stability is an important mechanism to fine tune the expression of the rum1 gene, in order to allow the production of appropriate levels of Rum1 protein in response to changes in the nutritional environment. ..
- Lopez Beltran A, Requena M, Luque R, Alvarez Kindelan J, Quintero A, Blanca A, et al. Cyclin D3 expression in primary Ta/T1 bladder cancer. J Pathol. 2006;209:106-13 pubmed..4442) and cyclin D1 (p = 0.0065, RR = 3.3023). Cyclin D3 expression had the highest risk ratio. Our results suggest that expression of cyclin D3 is relevant to the progression-free survival of patients with Ta/T1 bladder carcinomas. ..
- Valbuena A, López Sánchez I, Lazo P. Human VRK1 is an early response gene and its loss causes a block in cell cycle progression. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1642 pubmed publisher..VRK1 is an immediate early response gene required for entry in G1, and due to its implication in normal cell proliferation and division, might be a new target for development of inhibitors of cellular proliferation. ..
- Bosque A, Aguiló J, Del Rey M, Paz Artal E, Allende L, Naval J, et al. Cell cycle regulation by FasL and Apo2L/TRAIL in human T-cell blasts. Implications for autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndromes. J Leukoc Biol. 2008;84:488-98 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that the etiology of ALP syndromes could be related not only to defects in apoptosis induction, but also in cell cycle regulation. ..
- Lisa Santamaría P, Neiman A, Cuesta Marbán A, Mollinedo F, Revuelta J, Jimenez A. Human initiator caspases trigger apoptotic and autophagic phenotypes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:561-71 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, caspase-induced cell death was completely dependent on the proteolytic activation of the enzyme but, in contrast, was not dependent on either of the endogenous yeast apoptotic proteins Aif1 and Mca1 or the mitochondria. ..
- Llado V, Gutierrez A, Martínez J, CASAS J, Terés S, Higuera M, et al. Minerval induces apoptosis in Jurkat and other cancer cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:659-70 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the pro-apoptotic activity of Minerval, and in part explains the effectiveness of this non-toxic anticancer drug and its wide spectrum against different types of cancer. ..
- Marqués M, Kumar A, Poveda A, Zuluaga S, Hernandez C, Jackson S, et al. Specific function of phosphoinositide 3-kinase beta in the control of DNA replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:7525-30 pubmed publisher..Also, p110beta associated with PCNA and controlled PCNA loading onto chromatin in a kinase-independent manner. These results show a selective function of PI3Kbeta in the control of DNA replication. ..