Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell compartmentation in France
Topic: cell compartmentation
- Ferro M, Brugière S, Salvi D, Seigneurin Berny D, Court M, Moyet L, et al. AT_CHLORO, a comprehensive chloroplast proteome database with subplastidial localization and curated information on envelope proteins. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:1063-84 pubmed publisher..It also allowed revisiting the compartmentation of the chloroplast metabolism and functions. ..
- Delon A, Usson Y, Derouard J, Biben T, Souchier C. Photobleaching, mobility, and compartmentalisation: inferences in fluorescence correlation spectroscopy. J Fluoresc. 2004;14:255-67 pubmed..On the other hand, the standard diffusion models used to analyse the FCS data do not take into account the effects of the fluorescence decay on the autocorrelation curve. We show here how to correct the raw data for these drawbacks. ..
- Derer P, Derer M, Goffinet A. Axonal secretion of Reelin by Cajal-Retzius cells: evidence from comparison of normal and Reln(Orl) mutant mice. J Comp Neurol. 2001;440:136-43 pubmed
- Saul F, Mourez M, Vulliez Le Normand B, Sassoon N, Bentley G, Betton J. Crystal structure of a defective folding protein. Protein Sci. 2003;12:577-85 pubmed
- Chauvet N, Prieto M, Fabre C, Noren N, Privat A. Distribution of p120 catenin during rat brain development: potential role in regulation of cadherin-mediated adhesion and actin cytoskeleton organization. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;22:467-86 pubmed
- Wassmer T, Kissmehl R, Cohen J, Plattner H. Seventeen a-subunit isoforms of paramecium V-ATPase provide high specialization in localization and function. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:917-30 pubmed..Interestingly, some chimeras provoked deleterious effects, locally in their target compartment, or remotely, in the compartment whose specific a-subunit N terminus was used in the chimera...
- Brouillet E, Trembleau A, Galanaud D, Volovitch M, Bouillot C, Valenza C, et al. The amyloid precursor protein interacts with Go heterotrimeric protein within a cell compartment specialized in signal transduction. J Neurosci. 1999;19:1717-27 pubmed..The regulation of Galphao GTPase activity by betaAPP in a compartment specialized in signaling may have important consequences for our understanding of the physiopathological functions of betaAPP. ..
- Kouskoff V, Korganow A, Duchatelle V, Degott C, Benoist C, Mathis D. Organ-specific disease provoked by systemic autoimmunity. Cell. 1996;87:811-22 pubmed..We suggest that human RA develops by an analogous mechanism. ..
- Bardoni B, Willemsen R, Weiler I, Schenck A, Severijnen L, Hindelang C, et al. NUFIP1 (nuclear FMRP interacting protein 1) is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein associated with active synaptoneurosomes. Exp Cell Res. 2003;289:95-107 pubmed..These findings suggest the involvement of NUFIP1 in the export and localization of mRNA and, in association with FMRP, in the regulation of local protein synthesis near synapses. ..
- Arar C, Carpentier V, Le Caer J, Monsigny M, Legrand A, Roche A. ERGIC-53, a membrane protein of the endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment, is identical to MR60, an intracellular mannose-specific lectin of myelomonocytic cells. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:3551-3 pubmed..Accordingly, this intracellular mannose binding protein could be involved in the traffic of glycoproteins between endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Derrien V, Couillault C, Franco M, Martineau S, Montcourrier P, Houlgatte R, et al. A conserved C-terminal domain of EFA6-family ARF6-guanine nucleotide exchange factors induces lengthening of microvilli-like membrane protrusions. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:2867-79 pubmed
- Sbai O, Ould Yahoui A, Ferhat L, Gueye Y, Bernard A, Charrat E, et al. Differential vesicular distribution and trafficking of MMP-2, MMP-9, and their inhibitors in astrocytes. Glia. 2010;58:344-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these proteinases and their inhibitors use different pathways for trafficking and secretion for distinct astrocytic functions. ..
- Karayan L, Riou J, Seite P, Migeon J, Cantereau A, Larsen C. Human ARF protein interacts with topoisomerase I and stimulates its activity. Oncogene. 2001;20:836-48 pubmed..As a whole, our data indicate that Topo I is a new partner of ARF and suggest that ARF is involved in cell reactions that require Topo I. ..
- Guittaut M, Charpentier S, Normand T, Dubois M, Raimond J, Legrand A. Identification of an internal gene to the human Galectin-3 gene with two different overlapping reading frames that do not encode Galectin-3. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2652-7 pubmed..The ORF1 polypeptide targets EGFP to cytosol and nucleus whereas ORF2 targets EGFP to mitochondria. These results revealed the exceptional genetic organization of the LGALS3 locus. ..
- Garel S, Marin F, Grosschedl R, Charnay P. Ebf1 controls early cell differentiation in the embryonic striatum. Development. 1999;126:5285-94 pubmed
- Martel V, Vignoud L, Dupe S, Frachet P, Block M, Albiges Rizo C. Talin controls the exit of the integrin alpha 5 beta 1 from an early compartment of the secretory pathway. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 11):1951-61 pubmed..We propose that talin binding to the integrin may disclose a diphenylalanine export signal, which is present in the membrane-proximal GFFKR motif conserved in all integrin alpha chains. ..
- Fraysse B, Rouaud T, Millour M, Fontaine Pérus J, Gardahaut M, Levitsky D. Expression of the Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;280:C146-54 pubmed..Developmental changes in NCX1 and NCX3 as well as the distribution of these isoforms at the cellular level and in different fiber types suggest that they may have different physiological roles...
- Marchal C, Dupré S, Urban Grimal D. Casein kinase I controls a late step in the endocytic trafficking of yeast uracil permease. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:217-26 pubmed..The CPY and ALP pathways to the vacuole were both unaffected in CK1-deficient cells. Our analysis provides the first evidence that CK1 is important for the delivery of proteins to the vacuole after endocytosis. ..
- Saint Jore Dupas C, Nebenführ A, Boulaflous A, Follet Gueye M, Plasson C, Hawes C, et al. Plant N-glycan processing enzymes employ different targeting mechanisms for their spatial arrangement along the secretory pathway. Plant Cell. 2006;18:3182-200 pubmed..We conclude that the localization of N-glycan processing enzymes corresponds to an assembly line in the early secretory pathway and depends on both TMD length and signals in the cytoplasmic tail. ..
- Shevchik V, Condemine G, Robert Baudouy J, Hugouvieux Cotte Pattat N. The exopolygalacturonate lyase PelW and the oligogalacturonate lyase Ogl, two cytoplasmic enzymes of pectin catabolism in Erwinia chrysanthemi 3937. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:3912-9 pubmed..In contrast to the extracellular pectate lyases, Ca2+ is unable to restore the activity of PelW or Ogl, while several other cations, including Co2+, Mn2+, and Ni2+, can activate both cytoplasmic lyases...
- Shevchik V, Condemine G, Robert Baudouy J. Characterization of DsbC, a periplasmic protein of Erwinia chrysanthemi and Escherichia coli with disulfide isomerase activity. EMBO J. 1994;13:2007-12 pubmed..The presence of XprA could explain the residual disulfide isomerase activity existing in dsbA mutants. Re-oxidation of XprA does not seem to occur through DsbB, the protein that probably re-oxidizes DsbA...
- Verheggen C, Mouaikel J, Thiry M, Blanchard J, Tollervey D, Bordonne R, et al. Box C/D small nucleolar RNA trafficking involves small nucleolar RNP proteins, nucleolar factors and a novel nuclear domain. EMBO J. 2001;20:5480-90 pubmed..We conclude that snoRNP assembly occurs either in the nucleoplasm, or during transit of snoRNAs through the NB, followed by routing of the complete snoRNP to functional sites of ribosome synthesis...
- Mouillet Richard S, Ermonval M, Chebassier C, Laplanche J, Lehmann S, Launay J, et al. Signal transduction through prion protein. Science. 2000;289:1925-8 pubmed..Moreover, the signaling activity of PrPc occurred mainly at neurites. Thus, PrPc may be a signal transduction protein. ..
- Giglione C, Serero A, Pierre M, Boisson B, Meinnel T. Identification of eukaryotic peptide deformylases reveals universality of N-terminal protein processing mechanisms. EMBO J. 2000;19:5916-29 pubmed..Our data provide the first evidence that lower and higher eukaryotes, as well as bacteria, share a similar N-terminal protein processing machinery, indicating universality of this system. ..
- Pethe K, Puech V, Daff M, Josenhans C, Drobecq H, Locht C, et al. Mycobacterium smegmatis laminin-binding glycoprotein shares epitopes with Mycobacterium tuberculosis heparin-binding haemagglutinin. Mol Microbiol. 2001;39:89-99 pubmed..Homologous laminin-binding adhesins are also produced by virulent mycobacteria such as M. tuberculosis and Mycobacterium leprae, suggesting that this adherence mechanism may contribute to the pathogenesis of mycobacterial diseases...
- Pereira Y, Petit Glatron M, Chambert R. yveB, Encoding endolevanase LevB, is part of the sacB-yveB-yveA levansucrase tricistronic operon in Bacillus subtilis. Microbiology. 2001;147:3413-9 pubmed..It is proposed to rename yveB as levB. ..
- Laporte J, Blondeau F, Gansmuller A, Lutz Y, Vonesch J, Mandel J. The PtdIns3P phosphatase myotubularin is a cytoplasmic protein that also localizes to Rac1-inducible plasma membrane ruffles. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:3105-17 pubmed..We thus propose that myotubularin may dephosphorylate a subpool of PtdIns3P (or another related substrate) at the plasma membrane. ..
- Louvet E, Junéra H, Le Panse S, Hernandez Verdun D. Dynamics and compartmentation of the nucleolar processing machinery. Exp Cell Res. 2005;304:457-70 pubmed..This suggests that protein dynamics and interactions, and not only their processing activity, determine compartmentation of the nucleolar machineries. ..
- Baudouin S, Pujol F, Nicot A, Kitabgi P, Boudin H. Dendrite-selective redistribution of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 following agonist stimulation. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006;33:160-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that CXCR4 trafficking may play a role in mediating selective effects of SDF-1 on distinct neuronal membrane subdomains. ..
- Amiel A, Houliston E. Three distinct RNA localization mechanisms contribute to oocyte polarity establishment in the cnidarian Clytia hemisphaerica. Dev Biol. 2009;327:191-203 pubmed publisher..Unlike the two cortical RNAs, CheFz1 RNA was displaced in fertilized eggs upon centrifugation, potentially explaining how this treatment re-specifies the embryonic axis. ..
- Baghdiguian S, Martin M, Richard I, Pons F, Astier C, Bourg N, et al. Calpain 3 deficiency is associated with myonuclear apoptosis and profound perturbation of the IkappaB alpha/NF-kappaB pathway in limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2A. Nat Med. 1999;5:503-11 pubmed
- Ducret C, Maira S, Dierich A, Wasylyk B. The net repressor is regulated by nuclear export in response to anisomycin, UV, and heat shock. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:7076-87 pubmed..The specific induction of nuclear exclusion of Net by particular signalling pathways shows that nuclear-cytoplasmic transport of transcription factors can add to the specificity of the response to signalling cascades. ..
- Delacour D, Gouyer V, Zanetta J, Drobecq H, Leteurtre E, Grard G, et al. Galectin-4 and sulfatides in apical membrane trafficking in enterocyte-like cells. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:491-501 pubmed..Together, our data propose that interaction between galectin-4 and sulfatides plays a functional role in the clustering of lipid rafts for apical delivery. ..
- Hoffner G, Kahlem P, Djian P. Perinuclear localization of huntingtin as a consequence of its binding to microtubules through an interaction with beta-tubulin: relevance to Huntington's disease. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:941-8 pubmed..The mutational glutamine expansion then promotes insolubility and results in an inclusion. ..
- Zuber H, Davidian J, Wirtz M, Hell R, Belghazi M, Thompson R, et al. Sultr4;1 mutant seeds of Arabidopsis have an enhanced sulphate content and modified proteome suggesting metabolic adaptations to altered sulphate compartmentalization. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:78 pubmed publisher..The low-affinity sulphate transporters SULTR4;1 and SULTR4;2 have been localized to the vacuolar membrane, where they may facilitate sulphate efflux from the vacuole...
- Queval G, Jaillard D, Zechmann B, Noctor G. Increased intracellular H?O? availability preferentially drives glutathione accumulation in vacuoles and chloroplasts. Plant Cell Environ. 2011;34:21-32 pubmed publisher..The data are used to estimate compartment-specific glutathione concentrations under optimal and oxidative stress conditions, and the implications for redox homeostasis and signalling are discussed. ..
- Spielewoy N, Schulz H, Grienenberger J, Thony Meyer L, Bonnard G. CCME, a nuclear-encoded heme-binding protein involved in cytochrome c maturation in plant mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:5491-7 pubmed..coli CcmE. Our results suggest that AtCCME is important for cytochrome c maturation in A. thaliana mitochondria and that its heme-binding function has been conserved evolutionary between land plant mitochondria and alpha-proteobacteria. ..
- Levraud J, Adam M, Luciani M, de Chastellier C, Blanton R, Golstein P. Dictyostelium cell death: early emergence and demise of highly polarized paddle cells. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:1105-14 pubmed
- Bates E, Vergne P, Dumas C. Analysis of the cytosolic hsp70 gene family in Zea mays. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;25:909-16 pubmed..Expression analysis shows that the hsp70 genes studied represent members of the inducible and constitutive families. The results obtained may indicate that there are subfamilies of cytoplasmic hsp70 genes expressed in higher plants. ..
- Carpentier M, Morelle W, Coddeville B, Pons A, Masson M, Mazurier J, et al. Nucleolin undergoes partial N- and O-glycosylations in the extranuclear cell compartment. Biochemistry. 2005;44:5804-15 pubmed..N317 and N492 belong to RNA-binding domains 1 and 3 of nucleolin, respectively, that suggests a role of glycosylation in regulating the function of the protein. ..
- El Btaouri H, Claisse D, Bellon G, Antonicelli F, Haye B. In vivo modulation of annexins I, II and V expression by thyroxine and methylthiouracil. Eur J Biochem. 1996;242:506-11 pubmed..These results suggest that, in thyroid tissue, an indirect mechanism links thyroid hormones to annexin expressions via the TSH feed-back loop, and excludes autocrine regulation. ..
- Muraille E, Gounon P, Cazareth J, Hoebeke J, Lippuner C, Davalos Misslitz A, et al. Direct visualization of peptide/MHC complexes at the surface and in the intracellular compartments of cells infected in vivo by Leishmania major. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001154 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study in which Major Histocompatibility Complex class II molecules bound to peptides derived from a parasite protein have been visualized within and at the surface of cells that were infected in vivo. ..
- Eluère R, Offner N, Varlet I, Motteux O, Signon L, Picard A, et al. Compartmentalization of the functions and regulation of the mitotic cyclin Clb2 in S. cerevisiae. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:702-11 pubmed..Altogether, our results demonstrate that the subcellular localization of the mitotic cyclin Clb2 is one of the key determinants of its biological function. ..
- Bayle V, Arrighi J, Creff A, Nespoulous C, Vialaret J, Rossignol M, et al. Arabidopsis thaliana high-affinity phosphate transporters exhibit multiple levels of posttranslational regulation. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1523-35 pubmed publisher..We propose a model for differential trafficking of PHT1 to the plasma membrane or vacuole as a function of phosphate concentration. ..
- Pinson B, Sagot I, Borne F, Gabrielsen O, Daignan Fornier B. Mutations in the yeast Myb-like protein Bas1p resulting in discrimination between promoters in vivo but notin vitro. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:3977-85 pubmed..Finally, using a green fluorescence protein (GFP)-Bas1p fusion, we establish the strict nuclear localization of Bas1p and show that it is not affected by extracellular adenine. ..
- Carascossa S, Gobinet J, Georget V, Lucas A, Badia E, Castet A, et al. Receptor-interacting protein 140 is a repressor of the androgen receptor activity. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1506-18 pubmed..Finally, we provided evidence for a stimulation of RIP140 mRNA expression in LNCaP cells under androgen treatment, further emphasizing the role of RIP140 in androgen signaling. ..
- Bahadoran P, Aberdam E, Mantoux F, Busca R, Bille K, Yalman N, et al. Rab27a: A key to melanosome transport in human melanocytes. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:843-50 pubmed..These results identify Rab27a as a key component of vesicle transport machinery in melanocytes. ..
- Sunyach C, Checler F. Combined pharmacological, mutational and cell biology approaches indicate that p53-dependent caspase 3 activation triggered by cellular prion is dependent on its endocytosis. J Neurochem. 2005;92:1399-407 pubmed..This is, to our knowledge, the first direct description of an endocytosis-dependent PrP(c)-associated function. ..
- Bugnicourt A, Froissard M, Sereti K, Ulrich H, Haguenauer Tsapis R, Galan J. Antagonistic roles of ESCRT and Vps class C/HOPS complexes in the recycling of yeast membrane proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:4203-14 pubmed..Genetic analyses indicated that these phenotypes were due to the functioning of the Vps class C complex in trafficking both to and from the late endosomal compartment. ..
- Guillot L, Medjane S, Le Barillec K, Balloy V, Danel C, Chignard M, et al. Response of human pulmonary epithelial cells to lipopolysaccharide involves Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)-dependent signaling pathways: evidence for an intracellular compartmentalization of TLR4. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:2712-8 pubmed..The intracellular localization of TLR4 in lung epithelia is expected to play an important role in the prevention of the development of chronic inflammatory disease. ..
- Pereno R, Giron Michel J, Gaggero A, Cazes E, Meazza R, Monetti M, et al. IL-15/IL-15Ralpha intracellular trafficking in human melanoma cells and signal transduction through the IL-15Ralpha. Oncogene. 2000;19:5153-62 pubmed..Thus, IL-15Ralpha controls NF-kappaB activation, however differences in the intracellular trafficking of the IL-15 and/or IL-15Ralpha suggest a different biological role for this complex in MELP versus MELREO cells. ..
- Erhardt M, Stoppin Mellet V, Campagne S, Canaday J, Mutterer J, Fabian T, et al. The plant Spc98p homologue colocalizes with gamma-tubulin at microtubule nucleation sites and is required for microtubule nucleation. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:2423-31 pubmed..Microtubule nucleation involving Spc98p-containing gamma-tubulin complexes could then be conserved among all eukaryotes, despite differences in structure and spatial distribution of microtubule organizing centers. ..
- Dally S, Monceau V, Corvazier E, Bredoux R, Raies A, Bobe R, et al. Compartmentalized expression of three novel sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ATPase 3 isoforms including the switch to ER stress, SERCA3f, in non-failing and failing human heart. Cell Calcium. 2009;45:144-54 pubmed publisher..These findings revisit the human heart's Ca(2+)ATPase system and indicate that SERCA3f may account for the mechanism of ER stress in vivo in heart failure. ..
- Bouteille N, Driouch K, Hage P, Sin S, Formstecher E, Camonis J, et al. Inhibition of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway by the WWOX tumor suppressor protein. Oncogene. 2009;28:2569-80 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that WWOX is a novel inhibitor of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. WWOX would act, at least in part, by preventing the nuclear import of the Dvl proteins. ..
- Bois C, Delalande C, Nurmio M, Parvinen M, Zanatta L, Toppari J, et al. Age- and cell-related gene expression of aromatase and estrogen receptors in the rat testis. J Mol Endocrinol. 2010;45:147-59 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the stage-regulated expression of aromatase and ESR1 genes in the rat testis suggests a likely role of estrogens in spermatogenesis. ..
- Besset S, Vincourt J, Amalric F, Girard J. Nuclear localization of PAPS synthetase 1: a sulfate activation pathway in the nucleus of eukaryotic cells. FASEB J. 2000;14:345-54 pubmed..Besset, S., Vincourt, J.-B., Amalric, F., Girard, J.-P. Nuclear localization of PAPS synthetase 1: a sulfate activation pathway in the nucleus of eukaryotic cells. ..
- Brenot F, Aubry L, Martin J, Satre M, Klein G. Kinetics of endosomal acidification in Dictyostelium discoideum amoebae. 31P-NMR evidence for a very acidic early endosomal compartment. Biochimie. 1992;74:883-95 pubmed..3) before reaching a less acidic late endosomal/prelysosomal compartment (pH 5.8-6.0) from where they are immediately transported to, and trapped in, the cytoplasm (pH 7.3). ..