Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell adhesion in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: cell adhesion
Publications394 found, 100 shown here
- Acharya A, Dolgova N, Clare Salzler M, Keselowsky B. Adhesive substrate-modulation of adaptive immune responses. Biomaterials. 2008;29:4736-50 pubmed publisher..This work has impact in the rational design of biomaterials for diverse applications such as tissue-engineered constructs, synthetic particle-based vaccines and the ex vivo culture of DCs for immunotherapies. ..
- McKenzie S, Sakamoto S, Kyprianou N. Maspin modulates prostate cancer cell apoptotic and angiogenic response to hypoxia via targeting AKT. Oncogene. 2008;27:7171-9 pubmed publisher..This study may have significance in the identification of maspin-driven therapeutic targeting in advanced metastatic prostate cancer. ..
- Zhang X, Hurng J, Rateri D, Daugherty A, Schmid Schonbein G, Shin H. Membrane cholesterol modulates the fluid shear stress response of polymorphonuclear leukocytes via its effects on membrane fluidity. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;301:C451-60 pubmed publisher..This cholesterol-linked perturbation may contribute to dysregulated PMNL activity (e.g., chronic inflammation) related to hypercholesterolemia and causal for cardiovascular pathologies (e.g., atherosclerosis). ..
- Chacko B, Scott D, Chandler R, Patel R. Endothelial surface N-glycans mediate monocyte adhesion and are targets for anti-inflammatory effects of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ? ligands. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:38738-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together we propose a novel anti-inflammatory mechanism of endothelial PPAR? activation that involves targeting protein post-translational modification of adhesion molecules, specifically N-glycosylation. ..
- Chen A, Dong L, Leffler N, Asch A, Witte O, Yang L. Activation of GPR4 by acidosis increases endothelial cell adhesion through the cAMP/Epac pathway. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27586 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that acidosis/GPR4 signaling regulates endothelial cell adhesion mainly through the G(s)/cAMP/Epac pathway and may play a role in the inflammatory response of vascular endothelial cells. ..
- Al Ayoubi A, Zheng H, Liu Y, Bai T, Eblen S. Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation of splicing factor 45 (SPF45) regulates SPF45 alternative splicing site utilization, proliferation, and cell adhesion. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:2880-93 pubmed publisher..These data identify SPF45 as the first splicing factor regulated by multiple MAP kinase pathways and show effects of both SPF45 overexpression and phosphorylation. ..
- Wolgemuth C. Lamellipodial contractions during crawling and spreading. Biophys J. 2005;89:1643-9 pubmed
- Dasgupta S, Yanagisawa M, Krishnamurthy K, Liour S, Yu R. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha up-regulates glucuronosyltransferase gene expression in human brain endothelial cells and promotes T-cell adhesion. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:1086-94 pubmed
- Nalla A, Asuthkar S, Bhoopathi P, Gujrati M, Dinh D, Rao J. Suppression of uPAR retards radiation-induced invasion and migration mediated by integrin ?1/FAK signaling in medulloblastoma. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13006 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that radiation enhances uPAR-mediated FAK signaling and by targeting uPAR we can inhibit radiation-activated cell adhesion and migration both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Meerschaert J, Vrtis R, Shikama Y, Sedgwick J, Busse W, Mosher D. Engagement of alpha4beta7 integrins by monoclonal antibodies or ligands enhances survival of human eosinophils in vitro. J Immunol. 1999;163:6217-27 pubmed
- Naik U, Naik M, Eckfeld K, Martin DeLeon P, Spychala J. Characterization and chromosomal localization of JAM-1, a platelet receptor for a stimulatory monoclonal antibody. J Cell Sci. 2001;114:539-47 pubmed..JAM-1 is a single copy gene, which is constitutively expressed on various tissues and cells, and may be involved in cell to cell adhesion through homophilic interaction. ..
- Simske J, Köppen M, Sims P, Hodgkin J, Yonkof A, Hardin J. The cell junction protein VAB-9 regulates adhesion and epidermal morphology in C. elegans. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:619-25 pubmed..Thus, VAB-9 represents the first characterized tetraspan adherens junction protein in C. elegans and defines a new family of such proteins in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Jin K, Lim S, Mercer S, Friedman E. The survival kinase Mirk/dyrk1B is activated through Rac1-MKK3 signaling. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:42097-105 pubmed..This study characterizes a new anti-apoptotic signaling pathway that connects Rac1 with a novel downstream effector, Mirk kinase, which has recently been demonstrated to mediate survival in human tumors. ..
- Yoshida K, Kondo R, Wang Q, Doerschuk C. Neutrophil cytoskeletal rearrangements during capillary sequestration in bacterial pneumonia in rats. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2006;174:689-98 pubmed
- Salasznyk R, Klees R, Boskey A, Plopper G. Activation of FAK is necessary for the osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells on laminin-5. J Cell Biochem. 2007;100:499-514 pubmed..These results establish FAK as an important mediator of laminin-5-induced osteogenic differentiation of hMSC. ..
- McNally A, Macewan S, Anderson J. alpha subunit partners to beta1 and beta2 integrins during IL-4-induced foreign body giant cell formation. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2007;82:568-74 pubmed
- McCoy E, Sontheimer H. Expression and function of water channels (aquaporins) in migrating malignant astrocytes. Glia. 2007;55:1034-43 pubmed..Yet, only the presence of AQP1, but not AQP4, enhanced cell growth and migration, typical properties of gliomas, while AQP4 enhanced cell adhesion suggesting differential biological roles for AQP1 and AQP4 in glioma cell biology. ..
- Ligon L, Holzbaur E. Microtubules tethered at epithelial cell junctions by dynein facilitate efficient junction assembly. Traffic. 2007;8:808-19 pubmed
- Nie J, Chang B, Traktuev D, Sun J, March K, Chan L, et al. IFATS collection: Combinatorial peptides identify alpha5beta1 integrin as a receptor for the matricellular protein SPARC on adipose stromal cells. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2735-45 pubmed publisher..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- ..Herein we highlight our current understanding of how the multiple protein interactions of paxillin contribute to the coordination of cell-adhesion function. ..
- Li J, Belogortseva N, Porter D, Park M. Chmp1A functions as a novel tumor suppressor gene in human embryonic kidney and ductal pancreatic tumor cells. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2886-93 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicates that Chmp1A is a novel tumor suppressor, especially in pancreas and that Chmp1A regulates tumor growth potentially through p53 signaling pathway...
- Betapudi V. Myosin II motor proteins with different functions determine the fate of lamellipodia extension during cell spreading. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8560 pubmed publisher..Thus, with different roles in the regulation of the actin network and focal contacts formation, both myosin IIA and IIB determine the fate of lamellipodia extension during cell spreading. ..
- Xu J, Maurer L, Hoffmann B, Annis D, Mosher D. iso-DGR sequences do not mediate binding of fibronectin N-terminal modules to adherent fibronectin-null fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8563-71 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that iso-DGR sequences spontaneously converted from NGR are cryptic and do not mediate the interaction of the 70K region of FN with the cell surface during FN assembly. ..
- Dong M, Rice L, Lepler S, Pampo C, Siemann D. Impact of the Src inhibitor saracatinib on the metastatic phenotype of a fibrosarcoma (KHT) tumor model. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:4405-13 pubmed..0 to 5.0 (p<0.05) and less than 1.0 (p<0.01), respectively. These findings suggest that Src inhibition by saracatinib may reduce the metastatic activity of tumor cells. ..
- Ye W, Xu P, Zhong S, Jen R, Threlfall W, Frasure C, et al. In vitro transformation of MCF-10A cells by sera harvested from heifers two months post-Zeranol implantation. Int J Oncol. 2011;38:985-92 pubmed publisher..Our experimental results suggest that long-term exposure of low levels of Z and its metabolites contained in beef products might be a potential risk factor in human breast cancer initiation and development. ..
- Zhang X, Xu Y, Thomas V, Bellis S, Vohra Y. Engineering an antiplatelet adhesion layer on an electrospun scaffold using porcine endothelial progenitor cells. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2011;97:145-51 pubmed publisher..We concluded that this scaffold could afford a convenient means for the regeneration of a functional cardiovascular endothelium shortly after implantation. © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. J Biomed Mater Res Part A:, 2011. ..
- Nakano I, Joshi K, Visnyei K, Hu B, Watanabe M, Lam D, et al. Siomycin A targets brain tumor stem cells partially through a MELK-mediated pathway. Neuro Oncol. 2011;13:622-34 pubmed publisher..Together, this study may be the first model to partially target stemlike GBM cells through a MELK-mediated pathway with siomycin A to pave the way for effective treatment of GBM. ..
- Stevens C, Manoharan T, Fahl W. Characterization of mutagen-activated cellular oncogenes that confer anchorage independence to human fibroblasts and tumorigenicity to NIH 3T3 cells: sequence analysis of an enzymatically amplified mutant HRAS allele. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:3875-9 pubmed..This oncogene as well as yet to be identified oncogene are also shown to stably confer anchorage-independence to human cells. ..
- Muller H, Wieschaus E. armadillo, bazooka, and stardust are critical for early stages in formation of the zonula adherens and maintenance of the polarized blastoderm epithelium in Drosophila. J Cell Biol. 1996;134:149-63 pubmed..These results suggest that early stages in the assembly of the ZA are critical for the stability of the polarized blastoderm epithelium...
- Smith L, Cheung H, Ling L, Chen J, Sheppard D, Pytela R, et al. Osteopontin N-terminal domain contains a cryptic adhesive sequence recognized by alpha9beta1 integrin. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:28485-91 pubmed..We also demonstrate that osteopontin contains a cryptic binding activity, which can be recognized by a novel osteopontin receptor. This receptor has been identified as the alpha9beta1 integrin. ..
- Bellis S, Perrotta J, Curtis M, Turner C. Adhesion of fibroblasts to fibronectin stimulates both serine and tyrosine phosphorylation of paxillin. Biochem J. 1997;325 ( Pt 2):375-81 pubmed..These findings support a role for both tyrosine and serine kinases in the signal transduction pathway linking integrin activation to paxillin phosphorylation. ..
- Kato M, Abraham R, Okada S, Kita H. Ligation of the beta2 integrin triggers activation and degranulation of human eosinophils. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 1998;18:675-86 pubmed..Tyrosine phosphorylation of a 115 kD protein and Cbl may play important roles in adhesion-dependent cellular functions of eosinophils. ..
- Castillo M, Yoshino T. Carbohydrate inhibition of Biomphalaria glabrata embryonic (Bge) cell adhesion to primary sporocysts of Schistosoma mansoni. Parasitology. 2002;125:513-25 pubmed
- Brodbeck W, MacEwan M, Colton E, Meyerson H, Anderson J. Lymphocytes and the foreign body response: lymphocyte enhancement of macrophage adhesion and fusion. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2005;74:222-9 pubmed
- Ma Y, Yu W, Kong R, Trump D, Johnson C. Role of nongenomic activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt and mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 pathways in 1,25D3-mediated apoptosis in squamous cell carc. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8131-8 pubmed..1,25D3 induces the activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt, which suppresses 1,25D3-mediated apoptosis and prolongs the survival of SCC cells. ..
- Robles E, Gomez T. Focal adhesion kinase signaling at sites of integrin-mediated adhesion controls axon pathfinding. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:1274-83 pubmed..These findings identify FAK as a key regulator of axon growth and guidance downstream of growth cone-ECM interactions. ..
- Kondo S, Scheef E, Sheibani N, Sorenson C. PECAM-1 isoform-specific regulation of kidney endothelial cell migration and capillary morphogenesis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C2070-83 pubmed..Our results indicate that regulated expression of specific PECAM-1 isoforms may enable EC to accommodate the different stages of angiogenesis. ..
- Machida K, Thompson C, Dierck K, Jablonowski K, Kärkkäinen S, Liu B, et al. High-throughput phosphotyrosine profiling using SH2 domains. Mol Cell. 2007;26:899-915 pubmed..These results demonstrate that high-throughput comprehensive SH2 profiling provides valuable mechanistic insights into tyrosine kinase signaling pathways. ..
- Eiseler T, Döppler H, Yan I, Goodison S, Storz P. Protein kinase D1 regulates matrix metalloproteinase expression and inhibits breast cancer cell invasion. Breast Cancer Res. 2009;11:R13 pubmed publisher..This may be due to the function of PKD1 as a negative regulator of MMP expression. Our data suggest re-expression of PKD1 as a potential therapeutic strategy. ..
- O Keefe D, Gonzalez Niño E, Burnett M, Dylla L, Lambeth S, Licon E, et al. Rap1 maintains adhesion between cells to affect Egfr signaling and planar cell polarity in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2009;333:143-60 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that Rap1 acts through the effector Canoe to regulate these developmental processes. ..
- Feng W, Leach S, Tipney H, Phang T, Geraci M, Spritz R, et al. Spatial and temporal analysis of gene expression during growth and fusion of the mouse facial prominences. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8066 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies provide a valuable resource for probing orofacial development and a robust dataset for bioinformatic analysis of spatial and temporal gene expression changes during embryogenesis. ..
- Bialkowska K, Ma Y, Bledzka K, Sossey Alaoui K, Izem L, Zhang X, et al. The integrin co-activator Kindlin-3 is expressed and functional in a non-hematopoietic cell, the endothelial cell. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18640-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, the prevailing view that individual kindlins exert their functions in a cell type-specific manner must now be modified to consider distinct functions of the different family members within the same cell type. ..
- Phipps M, Clem W, Catledge S, Xu Y, Hennessy K, Thomas V, et al. Mesenchymal stem cell responses to bone-mimetic electrospun matrices composed of polycaprolactone, collagen I and nanoparticulate hydroxyapatite. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16813 pubmed publisher..Collectively these results suggest that electrospun bone-mimetic matrices serve as promising degradable substrates for bone regenerative applications. ..
- Cavnar P, Berthier E, Beebe D, Huttenlocher A. Hax1 regulates neutrophil adhesion and motility through RhoA. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:465-73 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, activation of RhoA is sufficient to rescue adhesion of Hax1-deficient neutrophils. Together, our findings identify Hax1 as a novel regulator of neutrophil uropod detachment and chemotaxis through RhoA. ..
- Tocce E, Broderick A, Murphy K, Liliensiek S, Murphy C, Lynn D, et al. Functionalization of reactive polymer multilayers with RGD and an antifouling motif: RGD density provides control over human corneal epithelial cell-substrate interactions. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2012;100:84-93 pubmed publisher..The ability to treat PEI/PVDMA films with peptides for controlled cell-substrate interactions enables the use of these films in a wide range of biological applications. ..
- Maiden S, Hardin J. The secret life of ?-catenin: moonlighting in morphogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:543-52 pubmed publisher..These multiple functions for ?-catenin converge on the regulation of adhesion and may help to explain its stable yet dynamic nature. ..
- Zhang J, Yang W, Luo B, Hu B, Maheshwari A, Fallon M. The role of CX?CL1/CX?CR1 in pulmonary angiogenesis and intravascular monocyte accumulation in rat experimental hepatopulmonary syndrome. J Hepatol. 2012;57:752-8 pubmed publisher..Circulating CX(3)CL1 levels and pulmonary CX(3)CL1/CX(3)CR1 expression and signaling increase after CBDL and contribute to pulmonary intravascular monocyte accumulation, angiogenesis and development of experimental HPS. ..
- McLane J, Schaub N, Gilbert R, Ligon L. Electrospun nanofiber scaffolds for investigating cell-matrix adhesion. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1046:371-88 pubmed publisher..These methods can be used to investigate a wide range of biological questions, including, but not limited to, cell-extracellular matrix adhesion and cell motility on extracellular matrix. ..
- An B, Abbonante V, Yigit S, Balduini A, Kaplan D, Brodsky B. Definition of the native and denatured type II collagen binding site for fibronectin using a recombinant collagen system. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:4941-51 pubmed publisher..Megakaryocytes cultured on chimeric collagen with fibronectin affinity showed improved adhesion and differentiation, suggesting a strategy for generating bioactive materials in biomedical applications. ..
- Larkin E, Hager C, Chandra J, Mukherjee P, Retuerto M, Salem I, et al. The Emerging Pathogen Candida auris: Growth Phenotype, Virulence Factors, Activity of Antifungals, and Effect of SCY-078, a Novel Glucan Synthesis Inhibitor, on Growth Morphology and Biofilm Formation. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..SCY-078, the new orally bioavailable antifungal, had potent antifungal/antibiofilm activity against C. auris, indicating that further evaluation of this antifungal is warranted. ..
- Dix R, Orth T, Allen J, Wood J, Gonzalez N. Activation of mast cells by systemic hypoxia, but not by local hypoxia, mediates increased leukocyte-endothelial adherence in cremaster venules. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2003;95:2495-502 pubmed..The results suggest that mast cell stimulation occurs only when PaO2 is reduced, independent of cremaster PmO2, and support the idea of a mediator that is released during systemic hypoxia and initiates the inflammatory cascade. ..
- Rothermel T, Engelhardt B, Sheibani N. Polyoma virus middle-T-transformed PECAM-1 deficient mouse brain endothelial cells proliferate rapidly in culture and form hemangiomas in mice. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:230-9 pubmed
- Hsia H, Schwarzbauer J. Meet the tenascins: multifunctional and mysterious. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26641-4 pubmed
- Chernousov M, Yu W, Chen Z, Carey D, Strickland S. Regulation of Schwann cell function by the extracellular matrix. Glia. 2008;56:1498-507 pubmed publisher..In this article, we will review the recent advances in the studies of laminin and collagen function in Schwann cell development. ..
- Cho Y, Tang F, Yao K, Lu C, Zhu F, Zheng D, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase-3-mediated c-Jun phosphorylation at Ser63 and Ser73 enhances cell transformation. Cancer Res. 2009;69:272-81 pubmed publisher..These results showed that the Cdk3/c-Jun signaling axis plays an important role in EGF-stimulated cell proliferation and cell transformation. ..
- Szabady R, Lokuta M, Walters K, Huttenlocher A, Welch R. Modulation of neutrophil function by a secreted mucinase of Escherichia coli O157:H7. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000320 pubmed publisher..StcE may contribute to inflammation and tissue destruction by mediating inappropriate neutrophil adhesion and activation. ..
- Burgoyne A, Phillips Mason P, Burden Gulley S, Robinson S, Sloan A, Miller R, et al. Proteolytic cleavage of protein tyrosine phosphatase mu regulates glioblastoma cell migration. Cancer Res. 2009;69:6960-8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that loss of cell surface PTPmu by proteolysis generates catalytically active PTPmu fragments that contribute to migration and survival of glioblastoma cells. ..
- Zhang L, Kamanna V, Ganji S, Xiong X, Kashyap M. Pioglitazone increases apolipoprotein A-I production by directly enhancing PPRE-dependent transcription in HepG2 cells. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:2211-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pioglitazone increases apoA-I production by directly enhancing PPAR-response element-dependent transcription, resulting in generation of apoA-I-containing HDL particles with increased anti-inflammatory property. ..
- Chancellor T, Lee J, Thodeti C, Lele T. Actomyosin tension exerted on the nucleus through nesprin-1 connections influences endothelial cell adhesion, migration, and cyclic strain-induced reorientation. Biophys J. 2010;99:115-23 pubmed publisher..In the absence of nesprin-1, actomyosin tension is balanced by the substrate, leading to abnormal adhesion, migration, and cyclic strain-induced reorientation. ..
- Fong E, Tzlil S, Tirrell D. Boundary crossing in epithelial wound healing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19302-7 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the overall wound closure rate is determined primarily by the rate at which cells cross the boundary between the aECM protein and the matrix deposited under the cell sheet. ..
- Faralli J, Newman J, Sheibani N, Dedhar S, Peters D. Integrin-linked kinase regulates integrin signaling in human trabecular meshwork cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:1684-92 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that cooperative ?5?1/?4?1 integrin signaling may be regulated by ILK trans-dominantly and that alterations in ILK activity may affect actin cytoskeleton organization and contractility in the TM. ..
- Deakin N, Turner C. Distinct roles for paxillin and Hic-5 in regulating breast cancer cell morphology, invasion, and metastasis. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:327-41 pubmed publisher..Hic-5 was essential for adhesion formation in 3D ECMs, and analysis of adhesion dynamics and lifetime identified paxillin as a key regulator of 3D adhesion assembly, stabilization, and disassembly. ..
- Yao P, Lin Y, Richburg J. Mono-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (MEHP) promotes invasion and migration of human testicular embryonal carcinoma cells. Biol Reprod. 2012;86:160, 1-10 pubmed publisher..This study provides insight into mechanisms that may account for modulating testicular cancer progression following phthalate exposure. ..
- Karunanithi S, Joshi J, Chavel C, Birkaya B, Grell L, Cullen P. Regulation of mat responses by a differentiation MAPK pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32294 pubmed publisher..Signaling pathways may regulate similar processes in pathogens, whose highly nuanced responses are required for virulence. ..
- Shirure V, Reynolds N, Burdick M. Mac-2 binding protein is a novel E-selectin ligand expressed by breast cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44529 pubmed publisher..In summary, breast cancer cells express Mac-2BP as a novel E-selectin ligand, potentially revealing a new prognostic and therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Zhao Y, Malinin N, Meller J, Ma Y, West X, Bledzka K, et al. Regulation of cell adhesion and migration by Kindlin-3 cleavage by calpain. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40012-20 pubmed publisher..This represents a novel mechanism regulating reversibility of integrin adhesion complexes in leukocytes, which, in turn, is critical for their successful transmigration through the extracellular matrix. ..
- Carboni J, Yan N, Cox A, Bustelo X, Graham S, Lynch M, et al. Farnesyltransferase inhibitors are inhibitors of Ras but not R-Ras2/TC21, transformation. Oncogene. 1995;10:1905-13 pubmed
- Sadek C, Allen Hoffmann B. Suspension-mediated induction of Hepa 1c1c7 Cyp1a-1 expression is dependent on the Ah receptor signal transduction pathway. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:31505-9 pubmed..These data directly demonstrate that suspension of wild-type Hepa 1c1c7 cells leads to nuclear localization and activation of the Ah receptor to a DNA-binding form. ..
- Tu Y, Li F, Goicoechea S, Wu C. The LIM-only protein PINCH directly interacts with integrin-linked kinase and is recruited to integrin-rich sites in spreading cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2425-34 pubmed
- Miao H, Burnett E, Kinch M, Simon E, Wang B. Activation of EphA2 kinase suppresses integrin function and causes focal-adhesion-kinase dephosphorylation. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:62-9 pubmed..We conclude that Eph kinases mediate some of their functions by negatively regulating integrins and FAK. ..
- Long K, Asou H, Snider M, Lemmon V. The role of endocytosis in regulating L1-mediated adhesion. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:1285-90 pubmed..Inhibition of clathrin-mediated endocytosis increases the aggregation rate of the L1(FL) cells to that of L1(Delta)(RSLE) cells. Our results demonstrate that rapid internalization of L1 dramatically affects L1 adhesion. ..
- Al Sabek F, Shostad S, Kirkwood K. Preferential attachment of human gingival fibroblasts to the resin ionomer Geristore. J Endod. 2005;31:205-8 pubmed..Cytotoxicity assays indicated that HGFs proliferated in the presence of Geristore eluates and not in the presence of Ketac-Fil or IRM eluates. In vitro interpretation indicates that Geristore is less cytotoxic to gingival fibroblasts. ..
- Cho J, Degen J, Coller B, Mosher D. Fibrin but not adsorbed fibrinogen supports fibronectin assembly by spread platelets. Effects of the interaction of alphaIIb beta3 with the C terminus of the fibrinogen gamma-chain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:35490-8 pubmed..This interaction is less dominant when platelets adhere to fibrin, resulting in enhanced fibronectin assembly. ..
- Zhang S, Dailey G, Kwan E, Glasheen B, Sroga G, Page McCaw A. An MMP liberates the Ninjurin A ectodomain to signal a loss of cell adhesion. Genes Dev. 2006;20:1899-910 pubmed publisher..This liberated ectodomain promotes the loss of cell adhesion in a cell-nonautonomous manner. We suggest that tracheal cell adhesion is regulated by a novel mechanism utilizing an MMP and a ninjurin family member...
- Mohr J, de Pablo J, Palecek S. 3-D microwell culture of human embryonic stem cells. Biomaterials. 2006;27:6032-42 pubmed..When cultured in this system, hESCs retained pluripotency and self-renewal, and were able to be passaged to standard unconstrained culture conditions. ..
- Dennes T, Hunt G, Schwarzbauer J, Schwartz J. High-yield activation of scaffold polymer surfaces to attach cell adhesion molecules. J Am Chem Soc. 2007;129:93-7 pubmed..Approximately 40% of the nylon surface is covered by the RGD, which gives a surface that is both stable to hydrolysis and highly active for cell adhesion and spreading in vitro. ..
- Antoku S, Saksela K, Rivera G, Mayer B. A crucial role in cell spreading for the interaction of Abl PxxP motifs with Crk and Nck adaptors. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3071-82 pubmed publisher..These results uncover a previously unappreciated role for Abl PxxP motifs in the regulation of cell spreading. ..
- Promkan M, Liu G, Patmasiriwat P, Chakrabarty S. BRCA1 modulates malignant cell behavior, the expression of survivin and chemosensitivity in human breast cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:2820-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, loss of BRCA1 expression or function leads to an increase in survivin expression and a reduction in chemosensitivity to paclitaxel. ..
- Sim H, Hu B, Viapiano M. Reduced expression of the hyaluronan and proteoglycan link proteins in malignant gliomas. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26547-56 pubmed publisher..This dissociation may contribute to changes in the matrix scaffold caused by invasive glioma cells. ..
- Oh S, Santy L. Differential effects of cytohesins 2 and 3 on beta1 integrin recycling. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:14610-6 pubmed publisher..We find that ARNO/cytohesin 2 is required for integrin beta1 recycling, whereas GRP1/cytohesin 3 is dispensable for this process. This is the first demonstration of unique roles for these proteins. ..
- Peters T, Potter R, Li X, He Z, Hoskins G, Flessner M. Mouse model of foreign body reaction that alters the submesothelium and transperitoneal transport. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;300:F283-9 pubmed publisher..This mouse model demonstrates that ip silicone catheters result in progressive FBR, altering the submesothelial anatomy and transperitoneal transport, and will form the basis for mechanistic studies in genetically-altered animals. ..
- Palacio M, Schricker S, Bhushan B. Bioadhesion of various proteins on random, diblock and triblock copolymer surfaces and the effect of pH conditions. J R Soc Interface. 2011;8:630-40 pubmed publisher..This implies that biomaterial nanomorphology can be used to control protein-polymer interactions and potentially cell adhesion. ..
- Pignatelli J, Tumbarello D, Schmidt R, Turner C. Hic-5 promotes invadopodia formation and invasion during TGF-?-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:421-37 pubmed publisher..These data identify Hic-5 as a critical mediator of TGF-?-stimulated invadopodia formation, cell migration, and invasion...
- Pezeshkian B, Donnelly C, Tamburo K, Geddes T, Madlambayan G. Leukemia Mediated Endothelial Cell Activation Modulates Leukemia Cell Susceptibility to Chemotherapy through a Positive Feedback Loop Mechanism. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60823 pubmed publisher..Together, the data defines a new mechanism describing how ECs and leukemia cells interact during leukemogenesis, which could be used to develop novel treatments for those with AML. ..