Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cd4 lymphocyte count in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: cd4 lymphocyte count
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Maziarz R, Nademanee A, Micallef I, Stiff P, Calandra G, Angell J, et al. Plerixafor plus granulocyte colony-stimulating factor improves the mobilization of hematopoietic stem cells in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma and low circulating peripheral blood CD34+ cells. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013;19:670-5 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide insight into the optimal use of plerixafor in all patients undergoing stem cell mobilization. ..
- Würsch D, Ormsby C, Romero Rodríguez D, Olvera García G, Zuniga J, Jiang W, et al. CD38 Expression in a Subset of Memory T Cells Is Independent of Cell Cycling as a Correlate of HIV Disease Progression. Dis Markers. 2016;2016:9510756 pubmed publisher..Our results may imply that CD38 expression either reflects or participates in pathogenic mechanisms of HIV disease independently of cell cycling. ..
- O Connor D, Burton D. Immune responses and HIV: a little order from the chaos. J Exp Med. 2006;203:501-3 pubmed..We can't expect to predict details of the struggle between virus and immunity, right? Wrong--maybe we can make some predictions, say two new landmark studies with potentially huge consequences for AIDS vaccine design. ..
- Pandrea I, Silvestri G, Apetrei C. AIDS in african nonhuman primate hosts of SIVs: a new paradigm of SIV infection. Curr HIV Res. 2009;7:57-72 pubmed
- Monroe A, Fleishman J, Voss C, Keruly J, Nijhawan A, Agwu A, et al. Assessing Antiretroviral Use During Gaps in HIV Primary Care Using Multisite Medicaid Claims and Clinical Data. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017;76:82-89 pubmed publisher..Retention measures based on visit frequency data that do not incorporate receipt of ART and/or viral suppression may misclassify individuals who remain suppressed on ART as not retained. ..
- Thompson B, Chilton P, Ward J, Evans J, Mitchell T. The low-toxicity versions of LPS, MPL adjuvant and RC529, are efficient adjuvants for CD4+ T cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;78:1273-80 pubmed
- Luo Z, Ma L, Zhang L, Martin L, Wan Z, Warth S, et al. Key differences in B cell activation patterns and immune correlates among treated HIV-infected patients versus healthy controls following influenza vaccination. Vaccine. 2016;34:1945-55 pubmed publisher..B cell function correlates with measures of recall humoral immunity in response to seasonal influenza vaccination in healthy controls but not in ART-treated patients. ..
- Helms T, Boehm B, Asaad R, Trezza R, Lehmann P, Tary Lehmann M. Direct visualization of cytokine-producing recall antigen-specific CD4 memory T cells in healthy individuals and HIV patients. J Immunol. 2000;164:3723-32 pubmed
- Escota G, Mondy K, Bush T, Conley L, Brooks J, Onen N, et al. High Prevalence of Low Bone Mineral Density and Substantial Bone Loss over 4 Years Among HIV-Infected Persons in the Era of Modern Antiretroviral Therapy. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2016;32:59-67 pubmed publisher..Low BMD was highly prevalent among HIV-infected persons. One-third of participants experienced substantial bone loss despite cART, suggesting the need for monitoring and potential clinical interventions. ..
- Hirsch C, Toossi Z, Johnson J, Luzze H, Ntambi L, Peters P, et al. Augmentation of apoptosis and interferon-gamma production at sites of active Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection in human tuberculosis. J Infect Dis. 2001;183:779-88 pubmed
- Haller M, Wasserfall C, Hulme M, Cintron M, Brusko T, McGrail K, et al. Autologous umbilical cord blood infusion followed by oral docosahexaenoic acid and vitamin D supplementation for C-peptide preservation in children with Type 1 diabetes. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2013;19:1126-9 pubmed publisher..Lack of significance may reflect small sample size. Future efforts will require expansion of specific immunoregulatory cell subsets, optimization of combined immunoregulatory and anti-inflammatory agents, and larger study cohorts. ..
- Hawes S, Critchlow C, Faye Niang M, Diouf M, Diop A, Toure P, et al. Increased risk of high-grade cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions and invasive cervical cancer among African women with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and 2 infections. J Infect Dis. 2003;188:555-63 pubmed..Furthermore, HIV-2-positive women were more likely to have HSILs (OR, 3.3; 95% CI, 0.9-12.4) or ICC (OR, 7.9; 95% CI, 1.1-57) than were HIV-1-positive women. ..
- Skiest D, Cohen C, Mounzer K, Haigney Z, Barker D, Gottlieb M, et al. Similar efficacy of raltegravir when used with or without a protease inhibitor in treatment-experienced patients. HIV Clin Trials. 2011;12:131-40 pubmed publisher..The main determinant of efficacy was the number of active drugs as measured by GSS. These data expand the potential utility of raltegravir in patients with multidrug-resistant HIV. ..
- Sherr K, Micek M, Gimbel S, Gloyd S, Hughes J, John Stewart G, et al. Quality of HIV care provided by non-physician clinicians and physicians in Mozambique: a retrospective cohort study. AIDS. 2010;24 Suppl 1:S59-66 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the important role of NPC in scaling up ART in Mozambique, and argue for using all relevant clinical resources to meet the large demands for care in countries with high HIV burdens. ..
- Williams P, Abzug M, Jacobson D, Wang J, Van Dyke R, Hazra R, et al. Pubertal onset in children with perinatal HIV infection in the era of combination antiretroviral treatment. AIDS. 2013;27:1959-70 pubmed publisher..However, in the current era, combination antiretroviral treatment may result in more normal timing of pubertal onset. ..
- Griffin A, Arnold F. Review of metabolic, immunologic, and virologic consequences of suboptimal vitamin D levels in HIV infection. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2012;26:516-25 pubmed publisher..More research is needed to confirm these potential consequences of low vitamin D in those with HIV and to discern the benefits of routine screening for and treatment of low vitamin D in this population. ..
- Singh D, McCormick C, Pacyniak E, Lawrence K, Dalton S, Pinson D, et al. A simian human immunodeficiency virus with a nonfunctional Vpu (deltavpuSHIV(KU-1bMC33)) isolated from a macaque with neuroAIDS has selected for mutations in env and nef that contributed to its pathogenic phenotype. Virology. 2001;282:123-40 pubmed
- Graham S, Baeten J, Richardson B, Bankson D, Lavreys L, Ndinya Achola J, et al. Higher pre-infection vitamin E levels are associated with higher mortality in HIV-1-infected Kenyan women: a prospective study. BMC Infect Dis. 2007;7:63 pubmed..55, 95% CI 1.13-2.13). Higher pre-infection vitamin E levels were associated with increased mortality. Further research is needed to elucidate the role vitamin E plays in HIV-1 pathogenesis. ..
- Killam W, Tambatamba B, Chintu N, Rouse D, Stringer E, Bweupe M, et al. Antiretroviral therapy in antenatal care to increase treatment initiation in HIV-infected pregnant women: a stepped-wedge evaluation. AIDS. 2010;24:85-91 pubmed publisher..9%) compared with the control cohort (103/716, 14.4%), AOR 2.01, 95% CI (1.37-2.95). An integrated ART in ANC strategy doubled the proportion of treatment-eligible women initiating ART while pregnant. ..
- Lahey T, Sheth S, Matee M, Arbeit R, Horsburgh C, Mtei L, et al. Interferon ? responses to mycobacterial antigens protect against subsequent HIV-associated tuberculosis. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:1265-72 pubmed publisher..Trial registration. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00052195. ..
- Henderson K, Hindman J, Johnson S, Valuck R, Kiser J. Assessing the effectiveness of pharmacy-based adherence interventions on antiretroviral adherence in persons with HIV. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2011;25:221-8 pubmed publisher..10), but no statistically significant improvement in CD4 cell count. Clinical pharmacy interventions improved overall adherence to ART regimens in these patients with HIV. ..
- Carcamo C, Hooton T, Wener M, Weiss N, Gilman R, Arevalo J, et al. Etiologies and manifestations of persistent diarrhea in adults with HIV-1 infection: a case-control study in Lima, Peru. J Infect Dis. 2005;191:11-9 pubmed..The guidelines for initial management of chronic diarrhea with sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim in HIV-1-infected persons require revision, at least in settings where prophylaxis with this agent is common. ..
- Singh U, Singh N, Singh B, Hofseth L, Price R, Nagarkatti M, et al. Resveratrol (trans-3,5,4'-trihydroxystilbene) induces silent mating type information regulation-1 and down-regulates nuclear transcription factor-kappaB activation to abrogate dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;332:829-39 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results indicate that resveratrol may protect against colitis through up-regulation of SIRT1 in immune cells in the colon. ..
- Wallet M, Rodriguez C, Yin L, Saporta S, Chinratanapisit S, Hou W, et al. Microbial translocation induces persistent macrophage activation unrelated to HIV-1 levels or T-cell activation following therapy. AIDS. 2010;24:1281-90 pubmed publisher..Microbial translocation in pediatric HIV-1 infection is associated with persistent monocyte/macrophage activation independent of viral replication or T-cell activation. ..
- MARSHALL R, Beach M, Saha S, Mori T, Loveless M, Hibbard J, et al. Patient activation and improved outcomes in HIV-infected patients. J Gen Intern Med. 2013;28:668-74 pubmed publisher..Higher patient activation was associated with more favorable HIV outcomes. Interventions to improve patient activation should be developed and tested for their ability to improve HIV outcomes. ..
- Moss R, Brandt C, Giermakowska W, Savary J, Theofan G, Zanetti M, et al. HIV-specific immunity during structured antiviral drug treatment interruption. Vaccine. 2003;21:1066-71 pubmed..These results support the concept that HIV-specific immune responses are associated with control of viremia. Further study of immune-based therapies that enhance HIV-specific immunity is warranted. ..
- Ostrow D, Fox K, Chmiel J, Silvestre A, Visscher B, Vanable P, et al. Attitudes towards highly active antiretroviral therapy are associated with sexual risk taking among HIV-infected and uninfected homosexual men. AIDS. 2002;16:775-80 pubmed..Prevention programs should take into account underlying attitudes for unprotected sex in the era of HAART among both HIV-infected and uninfected men. ..
- Sieg S, Mitchem J, Bazdar D, Lederman M. Close link between CD4+ and CD8+ T cell proliferation defects in patients with human immunodeficiency virus disease and relationship to extended periods of CD4+ lymphopenia. J Infect Dis. 2002;185:1401-16 pubmed
- Combs S, Neil N, Aboulafia D. Liposomal doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, and etoposide and antiretroviral therapy for patients with AIDS-related lymphoma: a pilot study. Oncologist. 2006;11:666-73 pubmed..LACE is an effective and tolerable treatment for ARL. HIV viral control can be maintained in the majority of patients during and after completion of LACE. ..
- Ling B, Apetrei C, Pandrea I, Veazey R, Lackner A, Gormus B, et al. Classic AIDS in a sooty mangabey after an 18-year natural infection. J Virol. 2004;78:8902-8 pubmed..Therefore, the results also suggest that SMs have a special mechanism for resisting AIDS development...
- Gottlieb G, Hawes S, Agne H, Stern J, Critchlow C, Kiviat N, et al. Lower levels of HIV RNA in semen in HIV-2 compared with HIV-1 infection: implications for differences in transmission. AIDS. 2006;20:895-900 pubmed..In addition, risk of male genital tract shedding strongly correlates with plasma viral loads. Interventions that decrease viral load may help decrease transmission of both HIV-1 and HIV-2. ..
- Smit E, Skolasky R, Dobs A, Calhoun B, Visscher B, Palella F, et al. Changes in the incidence and predictors of wasting syndrome related to human immunodeficiency virus infection, 1987-1999. Am J Epidemiol. 2002;156:211-8 pubmed..05) and potent ART (p = 0.097). Predictors of wasting have changed with potent ART. Further research is needed to determine whether lipodystrophy may be misdiagnosed as wasting syndrome...
- Lahey T, Ghosh M, Fahey J, Shen Z, Mukura L, Song Y, et al. Selective impact of HIV disease progression on the innate immune system in the human female reproductive tract. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38100 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies indicate that innate immune protection in the FRT is compromised as women progress to AIDS. ..
- Ulett K, Willig J, Lin H, Routman J, Abroms S, Allison J, et al. The therapeutic implications of timely linkage and early retention in HIV care. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2009;23:41-9 pubmed publisher..These data inform development of interventions to improve linkage and retention in HIV care, an emerging area of growing importance. ..
- Mandala J, Torpey K, Kasonde P, Kabaso M, Dirks R, Suzuki C, et al. Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Zambia: implementing efficacious ARV regimens in primary health centers. BMC Public Health. 2009;9:314 pubmed publisher..Factors associated with implementation of more efficacious ARV regimens include timing of blood-draw for CD4 count and capacity to initiate cART onsite where PMTCT services were being offered. ..
- Forthal D, Landucci G, Haubrich R, Keenan B, Kuppermann B, Tilles J, et al. Antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity independently predicts survival in severely immunocompromised human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients. J Infect Dis. 1999;180:1338-41 pubmed..18; 95% confidence interval, 0.05-0.75). ADCC may be an important determinant of disease progression independently of anti-retroviral therapy, CD4 cell count, and HIV RNA. ..
- Waddington T, Aboulafia D. Failure to eradicate AIDS-associated primary effusion lymphoma with high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell reinfusion: case report and literature review. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2004;18:67-73 pubmed..Treatment was well tolerated but the patient succumbed to progressive cancer. Our experience with this patient serves to underscore the high mortality rate associated with this unique neoplasm. ..
- Breslow Deckman J, Mattingly C, Birket S, Hoskins S, Ho T, Garvy B, et al. Linezolid decreases susceptibility to secondary bacterial pneumonia postinfluenza infection in mice through its effects on IFN-?. J Immunol. 2013;191:1792-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IFN-?, and potentially TNF-?, may be useful drug targets for prophylaxis against secondary bacterial pneumonia following influenza infection. ..
- Bonomo R, Korman N, Nagashima Whalen L, Briggs J, Graham R, Salata R. Pityriasis rubra pilaris: an unusual cutaneous complication of AIDS. Am J Med Sci. 1997;314:118-21 pubmed..Clinicians also should remain vigilant for the development of squamous cell carcinoma. ..
- Huang I, Willke R, Atkinson M, Lenderking W, Frangakis C, Wu A. US and UK versions of the EQ-5D preference weights: does choice of preference weights make a difference?. Qual Life Res. 2007;16:1065-72 pubmed..However, for comparisons across US and UK populations, the choice between these two weights should be based on their relevance to the study population. ..
- Ramsetty S, Stuart L, Blake R, Parsons C, Salgado C. Risks for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization or infection among patients with HIV infection. HIV Med. 2010;11:389-94 pubmed publisher..In addition, ART within the previous year significantly reduced the risk of MRSA colonization or infection. ..
- Mudd P, Watkins D. Understanding animal models of elite control: windows on effective immune responses against immunodeficiency viruses. Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2011;6:197-201 pubmed publisher..We will then relate these findings to the broader field of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) vaccine development...
- Stephens E, McCormick C, Pacyniak E, Griffin D, Pinson D, Sun F, et al. Deletion of the vpu sequences prior to the env in a simian-human immunodeficiency virus results in enhanced Env precursor synthesis but is less pathogenic for pig-tailed macaques. Virology. 2002;293:252-61 pubmed..The results of these studies indicate that the Vpu coding sequences upstream of Env may attenuate the level of Env precursor biosynthesis but significantly contribute to the pathogenesis of this SHIV in pig-tailed macaques. ..
- Dever L, Matta J. Digital clubbing in HIV-infected patients: an observational study. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2009;23:19-22 pubmed publisher..96, p < 0.001), were younger (45 versus 49 years, p = 0.04), and had longer duration of HIV disease (48 versus, 42 months, p = 0.03). HIV infection should be considered in the differential diagnosis of acquired digital clubbing. ..
- Arts E. Commentary on the role of treatment-related HIV compensatory mutations on increasing virulence: new discoveries twenty years since the clinical testing of protease inhibitors to block HIV-1 replication. BMC Med. 2012;10:114 pubmed publisher..The modeled fitness scores increased with an accumulation of these secondary protease inhibitors mutations, and not because of any one specific polymorphism. ..
- Rosales C, McLaughlin M, Sata T, Katano H, Veno P, de Las Casas L, et al. AIDS presenting with cutaneous Kaposi's sarcoma and bacillary angiomatosis in the bone marrow mimicking Kaposi's sarcoma. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2002;16:573-7 pubmed..In conclusion, vascular lesions of BA and KS may be clinically and histologically similar, both may be associated with advanced AIDS, and an accurate diagnosis is required because of their different management...
- Mossman S, Pierce C, Watson A, Robertson M, Montefiori D, Kuller L, et al. Protective immunity to SIV challenge elicited by vaccination of macaques with multigenic DNA vaccines producing virus-like particles. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2004;20:425-34 pubmed..007, DNA alone and p = 0.01, all vaccinees). There was no significant difference between the two vaccine groups in levels of plasma viremia or maintenance of CD4(+) T cell counts postchallenge. ..
- Singh D, Liu Z, Sheffer D, Mackay G, Smith M, Dhillon S, et al. A noninfectious simian/human immunodeficiency virus DNA vaccine that protects macaques against AIDS. J Virol. 2005;79:3419-28 pubmed
- Flaminio M, Rush B, Shuman W. Peripheral blood lymphocyte subpopulations and immunoglobulin concentrations in healthy foals and foals with Rhodococcus equi pneumonia. J Vet Intern Med. 1999;13:206-12 pubmed..Serum IgG concentration increased linearly from 1 to 3 months of age, and serum IgM concentrations increased from 1 to 6 months of age. These data suggest age-dependent cell-mediated and humoral development in young foals. ..
- Sewell C, Derr R, Anderson J. Operative complications in HIV-infected women undergoing gynecologic surgery. J Reprod Med. 2001;46:199-204 pubmed..There were no differences between CD4 and HIV RNA groups for individual complications. The study found no differences in complications between HIV-positive and control patients and no association with immune status or viral load. ..
- Mukerji S, Misra V, Lorenz D, Cervantes Arslanian A, Lyons J, Chalkias S, et al. Temporal Patterns and Drug Resistance in CSF Viral Escape Among ART-Experienced HIV-1 Infected Adults. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017;75:246-255 pubmed publisher..Classification based on preceding plasma HIV RNA levels provides a useful conceptual framework to identify causal factors and test therapeutics. ..
- Prevedel L, Morocho C, Bennett M, Eugenin E. HIV-Associated Cardiovascular Disease: Role of Connexin 43. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1960-1970 pubmed publisher..Overall, we propose that HIV infection increases Cx43 expression in heart, resulting in tissue damage that likely contributes to the high rates of cardiovascular disease in HIV-infected individuals. ..
- Pauza C, Trivedi P, McKechnie T, Richman D, Graziano F. 2-LTR circular viral DNA as a marker for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in vivo. Virology. 1994;205:470-8 pubmed..Similar correlations were not observed in patients receiving zidovudine (AZT), didanosine (ddA), or zalcitabine (ddC). ..
- Kuerten S, Asaad R, Schoenberger S, Angelov D, Lehmann P, Tary Lehmann M. The TRAIL of helpless CD8+ T cells in HIV infection. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008;24:1175-83 pubmed publisher..Immunizations and infections in this "helpless" state might result in ineffective CD8(+) T cell responses. ..
- Mendell J, Rodino Klapac L, Rosales Quintero X, Kota J, Coley B, Galloway G, et al. Limb-girdle muscular dystrophy type 2D gene therapy restores alpha-sarcoglycan and associated proteins. Ann Neurol. 2009;66:290-7 pubmed publisher..Sustained gene expression was seen, but studies over longer time periods without immunotherapy will be required for design of vascular delivery gene therapy trials. ..
- Rodriguez B, Woolley I, Lederman M, Zdunek D, Hess G, Valdez H. Effect of GB virus C coinfection on response to antiretroviral treatment in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients. J Infect Dis. 2003;187:504-7 pubmed..This association was found to be independent of baseline CD4 cell count and plasma HIV RNA, which indicates that an association exists between GBV-C infection and response to HAART...
- McComsey G, Walker U, Budhathoki C, Su Z, Currier J, Kosmiski L, et al. Uridine supplementation in the treatment of HIV lipoatrophy: results of ACTG 5229. AIDS. 2010;24:2507-15 pubmed publisher..The lack of sustained efficacy at week 48 was not due to changes in adherence or reduction in sample size. Uridine was well tolerated and did not impair virologic control. ..
- Apetrei C, Gaufin T, Gautam R, Vinton C, Hirsch V, Lewis M, et al. Pattern of SIVagm infection in patas monkeys suggests that host adaptation to simian immunodeficiency virus infection may result in resistance to infection and virus extinction. J Infect Dis. 2010;202 Suppl 3:S371-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, down?regulation of CD4 and CCR5 expression on CD4+ T cells may effectively control human immunodeficiency virus acquisition and result in SIV extinction. ..
- Chao C, Leyden W, Xu L, Horberg M, Klein D, Towner W, et al. Exposure to antiretroviral therapy and risk of cancer in HIV-infected persons. AIDS. 2012;26:2223-31 pubmed publisher..16 (1.02-1.31)]. No therapy class-specific effect was found for ADC. ART exposure was generally not associated with NADC risk, except for long-term use of protease inhibitor, which might be associated with increased anal cancer risk. ..
- Chakraborty B, Valer L, de Mendoza C, Soriano V, Quinones Mateu M. Failure to detect human immunodeficiency virus type 1 superinfection in 28 HIV-seroconcordant individuals with high risk of reexposure to the virus. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2004;20:1026-31 pubmed..Our results suggest that despite recent reports of HIV-1 reinfection, chronic HIV infection seems to confer protection against superinfection with a second HIV-1 strain...
- Mirocha S, Elagin R, Salamat S, Jaume J. T regulatory cells distinguish two types of primary hypophysitis. Clin Exp Immunol. 2009;155:403-11 pubmed publisher..Because of our findings, changes in current diagnostic and therapeutic approaches may need to be considered. ..
- Layman R, Ruppert A, Lynn M, Mrozek E, Ramaswamy B, Lustberg M, et al. Severe and prolonged lymphopenia observed in patients treated with bendamustine and erlotinib for metastatic triple negative breast cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013;71:1183-90 pubmed publisher..Future trials of bendamustine combinations in TNBC patients should account for potential cumulative lymphocyte toxicity necessitating patient monitoring during and after treatment. ..
- Toren K, Buskin S, Dombrowski J, Cassels S, Golden M. Time From HIV Diagnosis to Viral Load Suppression: 2007-2013. Sex Transm Dis. 2016;43:34-40 pubmed publisher..This improvement was evident among all persons newly diagnosed as having HIV, regardless of race/ethnicity or CD4 count at time of diagnosis. ..
- Gao J, Zhang H, Bai X, Wen J, Zheng X, Liu J, et al. Perinatal blockade of b7-1 and b7-2 inhibits clonal deletion of highly pathogenic autoreactive T cells. J Exp Med. 2002;195:959-71 pubmed..The strong pathogenicity of the self-reactive T cells supports a central hypothesis in immunology, which is that clonal deletion plays an important role in preventing autoimmune diseases. ..
- Shao W, Lazaryan A, Dorak M, Penman Aguilar A, Wilson C, Margolick J, et al. Cohort- and time-specific associations of CTLA4 genotypes with HIV-1 disease progression. AIDS. 2006;20:1583-90 pubmed..Further analyses in conjunction with other biologically and positionally related genes, such as CD28 and ICOS, may help explain the disparate findings. ..
- Mukura L, Ghosh M, Fahey J, Cu Uvin S, Wira C. Genital tract viral load in HIV Type 1-positive women correlates with specific cytokine levels in cervical-vaginal secretions but is not a determinant of infectious virus or anti-HIV activity. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2012;28:1533-9 pubmed publisher..BV status did not have a significant effect on anti-HIV activity. These findings further our understanding of the role of GTVL in determining the cytokine and chemokine milieu in the female reproductive tract. ..
- Phelps B, Ahmed S, Amzel A, Diallo M, Jacobs T, Kellerman S, et al. Linkage, initiation and retention of children in the antiretroviral therapy cascade: an overview. AIDS. 2013;27 Suppl 2:S207-13 pubmed publisher..We also explore how linkage and retention can be optimally measured so as to maximize the impact of available pediatric HIV care and treatment services. ..
- Peterson R, Danon S, Eaton K. Comparison of gastritis and gastric epithelial proliferation in Helicobacter heilmannii-infected nude and BALB/c mice. Vet Pathol. 2001;38:173-83 pubmed..Additionally, CD4 immunocompetence is an integral aspect of the mucosal hypertrophy/nodular hyperplasia in experimental H. heilmannii-associated disease of mice...
- Jin X, Wu H, Smith H. APOBEC3G levels predict rates of progression to AIDS. Retrovirology. 2007;4:20 pubmed..a) It will link hA3G to the mechanisms underlying slower disease progression in long-term nonprogressors. And, b) It may help to establish a new prognostic marker, the hA3G abundance measurement, for HIV-infected patients. ..
- Walker A, Kleiner A, Rich L, Conners C, Fisher R, Anolik J, et al. Profound hypogammaglobulinemia 7 years after treatment for indolent lymphoma. Cancer Invest. 2008;26:431-3 pubmed publisher..The patient was started on monthly intravenous immunoglobulin treatments with complete resolution of her symptoms. ..
- Zuckerman R, Lucchetti A, Whittington W, Sanchez J, Coombs R, Magaret A, et al. HSV suppression reduces seminal HIV-1 levels in HIV-1/HSV-2 co-infected men who have sex with men. AIDS. 2009;23:479-83 pubmed publisher..Suppressive herpes simplex virus (HSV) therapy can decrease plasma, cervical, and rectal HIV-1 levels in HIV-1/HSV-2 co-infected persons. We evaluated the effect of HSV-2 suppression on seminal HIV-1 levels...
- Zheng Y, Chaudhry A, Kas A, deRoos P, Kim J, Chu T, et al. Regulatory T-cell suppressor program co-opts transcription factor IRF4 to control T(H)2 responses. Nature. 2009;458:351-6 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that T(reg) cells use components of the transcriptional machinery, promoting a particular type of effector CD4(+) T cell differentiation, to efficiently restrain the corresponding type of the immune response. ..
- Hunt J, Romanelli F. Maraviroc, a CCR5 coreceptor antagonist that blocks entry of human immunodeficiency virus type 1. Pharmacotherapy. 2009;29:295-304 pubmed publisher..Long-term studies with both targets are required to explore the critical issues of efficacy and immunologic safety, as the function of these coreceptors is linked to host chemokine pathways. ..
- Tamhane A, Chheng P, Dobbs T, Mak S, Sar B, Kimerling M. Predictors of smear-negative pulmonary tuberculosis in HIV-infected patients, Battambang, Cambodia. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2009;13:347-54 pubmed..Where culture is unavailable, CXR is an important adjunct for diagnosis. However, inaccurate CXR interpretation can impact case detection. ..
- Cummins N, Jiang W, McGinty J, Bren G, Bosch R, Landay A, et al. Intracellular Casp8p41 content is inversely associated with CD4 T cell count. J Infect Dis. 2010;202:386-91 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Casp8p41 is a relevant mediator of CD4 T cell death during HIV infection. ..
- Funderburg N, Kalinowska M, Eason J, Goodrich J, Heera J, Mayer H, et al. Effects of maraviroc and efavirenz on markers of immune activation and inflammation and associations with CD4+ cell rises in HIV-infected patients. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13188 pubmed publisher..Levels of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein remained constant in the maraviroc arm and increased in the efavirenz arm. Decreases in immune activation correlated with increased CD4(+) T cell gains. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00098293. ..
- Balazs A, Chen J, Hong C, Rao D, Yang L, Baltimore D. Antibody-based protection against HIV infection by vectored immunoprophylaxis. Nature. 2011;481:81-4 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that successful translation of this approach to humans may produce effective prophylaxis against HIV...
- Yang Z, Grote D, Ziesmer S, Niki T, Hirashima M, Novak A, et al. IL-12 upregulates TIM-3 expression and induces T cell exhaustion in patients with follicular B cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:1271-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify IL-12- and TIM-3-mediated exhaustion of T cells as a mechanism for poor clinical outcome when IL-12 is administered to FL patients. ..
- Toossi Z, Funderburg N, Sirdeshmuk S, Whalen C, Nanteza M, Johnson D, et al. Systemic immune activation and microbial translocation in dual HIV/tuberculosis-infected subjects. J Infect Dis. 2013;207:1841-9 pubmed publisher..During HIV/tuberculosis, systemic immune activation is dissociated from microbial translocation. Changes in circulating sCD14 and LPS are dependent on CD4 T-cell count. ..
- Coleman J, Pu R, Martin M, Noon Song E, Zwijnenberg R, Yamamoto J. Feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) vaccine efficacy and FIV neutralizing antibodies. Vaccine. 2014;32:746-54 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that not all vaccine protection is mediated by vaccine-induced NAbs. ..
- Joag S, Li Z, Wang C, Jia F, Foresman L, Adany I, et al. Chimeric SHIV that causes CD4+ T cell loss and AIDS in rhesus macaques. J Med Primatol. 1998;27:59-64 pubmed..Animals infected by either mucosal or parenteral routes of infection had a similar course of infection. ..
- Marra C, Maxwell C, Smith S, Lukehart S, Rompalo A, Eaton M, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid abnormalities in patients with syphilis: association with clinical and laboratory features. J Infect Dis. 2004;189:369-76 pubmed..To define clinical and laboratory features that identify patients with neurosyphilis...
- Monkemuller K, Lazenby A, Lee D, Loudon R, Wilcox C. Occurrence of gastrointestinal opportunistic disorders in AIDS despite the use of highly active antiretroviral therapy. Dig Dis Sci. 2005;50:230-4 pubmed
- Hout D, Gomez M, Pacyniak E, Gomez L, Inbody S, Mulcahy E, et al. Scrambling of the amino acids within the transmembrane domain of Vpu results in a simian-human immunodeficiency virus (SHIVTM) that is less pathogenic for pig-tailed macaques. Virology. 2005;339:56-69 pubmed..Thus, these results show for the first time that the TM domain of Vpu contributes to the pathogenicity of SHIVKU-1bMC33 in pig-tailed macaques. ..
- Kagami S, Rizzo H, Lee J, Koguchi Y, Blauvelt A. Circulating Th17, Th22, and Th1 cells are increased in psoriasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:1373-83 pubmed publisher..In summary, elevated numbers of circulating inflammatory T cells may contribute to cutaneous inflammation and systemic inflammatory disease that occurs in individuals with psoriasis. ..
- Chung M, Richardson B, Tapia K, Benki Nugent S, Kiarie J, Simoni J, et al. A randomized controlled trial comparing the effects of counseling and alarm device on HAART adherence and virologic outcomes. PLoS Med. 2011;8:e1000422 pubmed publisher..As antiretroviral treatment clinics expand to meet an increasing demand for HIV care in sub-Saharan Africa, adherence counseling should be implemented to decrease the development of treatment failure and spread of resistant HIV. ..