Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cattle in United States
Locale: United States
Publications749 found, 100 shown here
- Papke R, Ono F, Stokes C, Urban J, Boyd R. The nicotinic acetylcholine receptors of zebrafish and an evaluation of pharmacological tools used for their study. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:352-65 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore indicate that while some pharmacological tools used in zebrafish may function as expected, others will not. ..
- Cerri R, Thompson I, Kim I, Ealy A, Hansen P, Staples C, et al. Effects of lactation and pregnancy on gene expression of endometrium of Holstein cows at day 17 of the estrous cycle or pregnancy. J Dairy Sci. 2012;95:5657-75 pubmed publisher..The stated genes associated with immune function and developmental genes expressed in the endometrium affected by lactational state are possible candidate genes for interventions to improve fertility of lactating dairy cows...
- Kim F, Gallis B, Corson M. TNF-alpha inhibits flow and insulin signaling leading to NO production in aortic endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;280:C1057-65 pubmed..This study suggests one potential mechanism for the development of endothelial dysfunction in disease states with alterations in insulin regulation and increased TNF-alpha levels...
- Crane M, Bartolome J, Melendez P, de Vries A, Risco C, Archbald L. Comparison of synchronization of ovulation with timed insemination and exogenous progesterone as therapeutic strategies for ovarian cysts in lactating dairy cows. Theriogenology. 2006;65:1563-74 pubmed..In addition, primiparous cows had an increased likelihood for conception compared to multiparous cows, and cows with a low BCS were less likely to be inseminated or have a CL on Day 21, regardless of treatment...
- Rodgers B, Garikipati D. Clinical, agricultural, and evolutionary biology of myostatin: a comparative review. Endocr Rev. 2008;29:513-34 pubmed publisher..It may also provide insight into myostatin's nonmuscle actions as results from these and other comparative studies gain visibility in biomedical fields. ..
- Ozawa M, Sakatani M, Hankowski K, Terada N, Dobbs K, Hansen P. Importance of culture conditions during the morula-to-blastocyst period on capacity of inner cell-mass cells of bovine blastocysts for establishment of self-renewing pluripotent cells. Theriogenology. 2012;78:1243-51.e1-2 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, exposure to inhibitors during the morula-blastocyst transition facilitated formation of self-renewing pluripotent cell lines from bovine blastocysts...
- DeWall R, Varghese T, Brace C. Visualizing ex vivo radiofrequency and microwave ablation zones using electrode vibration elastography. Med Phys. 2012;39:6692-700 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that electrode vibration elastography is capable of imaging thermal ablations, but refinement of the technique may be necessary before it can be used to monitor thermal ablation procedures clinically. ..
- Cooley M, JAY RUSSELL M, Atwill E, Carychao D, Nguyen K, Quiñones B, et al. Development of a robust method for isolation of shiga toxin-positive Escherichia coli (STEC) from fecal, plant, soil and water samples from a leafy greens production region in California. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65716 pubmed publisher
- Saus J, Wieslander J, Langeveld J, Quinones S, Hudson B. Identification of the Goodpasture antigen as the alpha 3(IV) chain of collagen IV. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:13374-80 pubmed
- Trigona W, Brown W, Estes D. Functional implications for signaling via the IL4R/IL13R complex on bovine cells. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 1999;72:73-9 pubmed..The expression patterns and their implications for receptor chain utilization in signaling via these key TH2 signature cytokines will be discussed. ..
- Bowles D, Graier W, Sturek M. Hydrogen peroxide activates Na(+)-dependent Ca(2+) influx in coronary endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;287:1134-9 pubmed..Thus, in coronary arterial endothelial cells, H(2)O(2) increases Ca(2+) influx in an extracellular Na(+)-dependent manner via an agonist-insensitive pathway. ..
- de la Fuente J, Garcia Garcia J, Blouin E, Rodriguez S, Garcia M, Kocan K. Evolution and function of tandem repeats in the major surface protein 1a of the ehrlichial pathogen Anaplasma marginale. Anim Health Res Rev. 2001;2:163-73 pubmed..These repeated sequences include markers for tick transmissibility that may be important in the identification of ehrlichial pathogens because they may influence control strategies and the design of subunit vaccines...
- Löest C, Titgemeyer E, Drouillard J, Coetzer C, Hunter R, Bindel D, et al. Supplemental betaine and peroxide-treated feather meal for finishing cattle. J Anim Sci. 2002;80:2234-40 pubmed..Overall, feed-grade betaine and CSB did not alter growth performance, but did have minor effects on carcass characteristics. ..
- Gerken T, Raman J, Fritz T, Jamison O. Identification of common and unique peptide substrate preferences for the UDP-GalNAc:polypeptide alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferases T1 and T2 derived from oriented random peptide substrates. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:32403-16 pubmed..Such information will be invaluable for identifying isoform-specific peptide acceptors, creating isoform-specific substrates, and predicting O-glycosylation sites. ..
- Lago A, McGuirk S, Bennett T, Cook N, Nordlund K. Calf respiratory disease and pen microenvironments in naturally ventilated calf barns in winter. J Dairy Sci. 2006;89:4014-25 pubmed..Significant factors associated with reduced alley bacterial counts on BAP were increased ventilation changes per hour, increased barn volume per kilogram of calf, reduced pen bacterial counts, and barn type. ..
- Chang R, Chicoine L, Cui H, Kanagy N, Walker B, Liu Y, et al. Cytokine-induced arginase activity in pulmonary endothelial cells is dependent on Src family tyrosine kinase activity. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2008;295:L688-97 pubmed publisher..These findings support our hypothesis that inflammatory stimuli lead to increased urea and NO production through a STK-mediated pathway. Furthermore, these results indicate that the STK Fyn plays a critical role in this process. ..
- Sánchez F, Kim D, Duran R, Meininger C, Duran W. Internalization of eNOS via caveolae regulates PAF-induced inflammatory hyperpermeability to macromolecules. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;295:H1642-8 pubmed publisher..We advance the novel concept that eNOS internalization to cytosol is a signaling mechanism for the onset of microvascular hyperpermeability in inflammation. ..
- Peek S, Santschi E, Livesey M, Prichard M, McGuirk S, Brounts S, et al. Surgical findings and outcome for dairy cattle with jejunal hemorrhage syndrome: 31 cases (2000-2007). J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2009;234:1308-12 pubmed publisher..Survival rates were higher than those in other reports. Prompt celiotomy and resolution by use of manual massage were associated with higher survival rates. In this population, JHS recurred in 7 of 18 short-term survivors. ..
- Zimering M, Alder J, Pan Z, Donnelly R. Anti-endothelial and anti-neuronal effects from auto-antibodies in subsets of adult diabetes having a cluster of microvascular complications. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011;93:95-105 pubmed publisher..These results suggest anti-endothelial and anti-neuronal effects from auto-antibodies in a subset of diabetic patients with a cluster of microvascular complications. ..
- Paddock Z, Walker C, Drouillard J, Nagaraja T. Dietary monensin level, supplemental urea, and ractopamine on fecal shedding of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in feedlot cattle. J Anim Sci. 2011;89:2829-35 pubmed publisher..89) on fecal prevalence of E. coli O157:H7 (4.4 vs. 4.0%). Additional research is needed to confirm the reduction in fecal shedding of E. coli O157:H7 in cattle fed monensin at 44 mg/kg of feed compared with cattle fed 33 mg/kg of feed. ..
- Hu K, Ellinger J, Chylla R, Markley J. Measurement of absolute concentrations of individual compounds in metabolite mixtures by gradient-selective time-zero 1H-13C HSQC with two concentration references and fast maximum likelihood reconstruction analysis. Anal Chem. 2011;83:9352-60 pubmed publisher..The new approach is suitable for automatic metabolite profiling by simultaneous quantification of multiple metabolites in a complex mixture. ..
- Hengst B, Nemec L, Rastani R, Gressley T. Effect of conventional and intensified milk replacer feeding programs on performance, vaccination response, and neutrophil mRNA levels of Holstein calves. J Dairy Sci. 2012;95:5182-5193 pubmed publisher..An INT milk replacer feeding program increased growth, fecal scores, and respiratory scores preweaning, increased mRNA levels of 2 neutrophil genes postweaning, and did not affect vaccination response. ..
- Fulton R, Confer A. Laboratory test descriptions for bovine respiratory disease diagnosis and their strengths and weaknesses: gold standards for diagnosis, do they exist?. Can Vet J. 2012;53:754-61 pubmed..The rate of development and use of molecular diagnostic tests have outpaced validation, standardization, and standards for interpretation relative to their use in BRD diagnostics...
- Singh R, Phillips M, Kuai D, Meyer J, Martin J, Smith M, et al. Functional analysis of serially expanded human iPS cell-derived RPE cultures. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:6767-78 pubmed publisher..Our findings support limited, controlled passaging of patient-specific hiPSC-RPE to procure cells needed for in vitro disease modeling, drug screening, and cellular transplantation. ..
- Tao W, Fattah K, Huchzermeier M. Struvite recovery from anaerobically digested dairy manure: A review of application potential and hindrances. J Environ Manage. 2016;169:46-57 pubmed publisher..This review paper provides guidance to overcoming the hindrances of digested dairy manure to struvite formation. ..
- Kennaway N, Carrero Valenzuela R, Ewart G, Balan V, Lightowlers R, Zhang Y, et al. Isoforms of mammalian cytochrome c oxidase: correlation with human cytochrome c oxidase deficiency. Pediatr Res. 1990;28:529-35 pubmed..Antibody binding suggested partial assembly of the enzyme in heart. These and other data suggest considerably more variability in the tissue-specific expression of isoforms of cytochrome c oxidase subunits than previously recognized. ..
- Smith L, Cheung H, Ling L, Chen J, Sheppard D, Pytela R, et al. Osteopontin N-terminal domain contains a cryptic adhesive sequence recognized by alpha9beta1 integrin. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:28485-91 pubmed..We also demonstrate that osteopontin contains a cryptic binding activity, which can be recognized by a novel osteopontin receptor. This receptor has been identified as the alpha9beta1 integrin. ..
- Han C, Mathialagan N, Klemann S, Roberts R. Molecular cloning of ovine and bovine type I interferon receptor subunits from uteri, and endometrial expression of messenger ribonucleic acid for ovine receptors during the estrous cycle and pregnancy. Endocrinology. 1997;138:4757-67 pubmed..These data suggest that the type I IFN receptor, which is expressed by the endometrium and binds IFN-tau, is probably not a structurally unusual form. ..
- Higgs H, Han M, Johnson G, Glomset J. Cloning of a phosphatidic acid-preferring phospholipase A1 from bovine testis. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:5468-77 pubmed
- Ariyoshi N, Kim Y, Artemenko I, Bhattacharyya K, Jefcoate C. Characterization of the rat Star gene that encodes the predominant 3.5-kilobase pair mRNA. ACTH stimulation of adrenal steroids in vivo precedes elevation of Star mRNA and protein. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:7610-9 pubmed..Although elevation of STAR protein by ACTH does not cause the acute increase in adrenal cholesterol metabolism, changes in the turnover or distribution of an active STAR subfraction cannot be excluded. ..
- Zheng L, Zhang S, Wood C, Kapil S, Wilcox G, Loughin T, et al. Differentiation of two bovine lentiviruses by a monoclonal antibody on the basis of epitope specificity. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2001;8:283-7 pubmed..4-kDa N terminus of the 29-kDa capsid protein. This monoclonal antibody assay will be valuable for distinguishing the two closely related lentiviruses by Western blotting...
- Murray J, Taylor S, Zhang B, Ghosh S, Capaldi R. Oxidative damage to mitochondrial complex I due to peroxynitrite: identification of reactive tyrosines by mass spectrometry. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:37223-30 pubmed..W., Fahy, E., Murray, J., Capaldi, R. A., and Ghosh, S. S. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 19587-19590). These sites of oxidation and nitration may be useful biomarkers for assessing oxidative stress in neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Liu Y, Xu G, Sayre L. Carnosine inhibits (E)-4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-induced protein cross-linking: structural characterization of carnosine-HNE adducts. Chem Res Toxicol. 2003;16:1589-97 pubmed..The main carnosine-HNE adduct is shown to be a 13-member cyclic adduct formed through initial Schiff base formation followed by conjugate addition of the imidazole group. ..
- Vasanji A, Ghosh P, Graham L, Eppell S, Fox P. Polarization of plasma membrane microviscosity during endothelial cell migration. Dev Cell. 2004;6:29-41 pubmed..Our results suggest that increased PMM in lamellipodia may permit more productive actin filament and meshwork formation, resulting in enhanced rates of cell movement. ..
- Jiang J, Li H, Fahid F, Filbert E, Safavi K, Spangberg L, et al. Quantitative analysis of osteoclast-specific gene markers stimulated by lipopolysaccharide. J Endod. 2006;32:742-6 pubmed..These results suggest that bone-resportive action by LPS is partially independent of RANKL. ..
- Kilpatrick E, Hildebrandt J. Sequence dependence and differential expression of Ggamma5 subunit isoforms of the heterotrimeric G proteins variably processed after prenylation in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:14038-47 pubmed..Within the human genome 10% of predicted prenylated proteins have aromatic amino acids in their Ca(1)a(2)X sequence and would likely generate the prenylation pattern described here. ..
- De La Fuente J, Almazan C, Canales M, Pérez de la Lastra J, Kocan K, Willadsen P. A ten-year review of commercial vaccine performance for control of tick infestations on cattle. Anim Health Res Rev. 2007;8:23-8 pubmed
- Jacob M, Fox J, Drouillard J, Renter D, Nagaraja T. Effects of dried distillers' grain on fecal prevalence and growth of Escherichia coli O157 in batch culture fermentations from cattle. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:38-43 pubmed..05) at 24 h than 0, 0.5, or 1 g DDG. The results indicate that there is a positive association between DDG and E. coli O157 in cattle, and the findings should have important ramifications for food safety. ..
- Pikuleva I, Mast N, Liao W, Turko I. Studies of membrane topology of mitochondrial cholesterol hydroxylases CYPs 27A1 and 11A1. Lipids. 2008;43:1127-32 pubmed publisher..This data is consistent with those obtained previously by us and others and provide new information about the membrane topology of CYPs 27A1 and 11A1. ..
- Lu Q, Zhang X, Hu X, Kaplan D. Green process to prepare silk fibroin/gelatin biomaterial scaffolds. Macromol Biosci. 2010;10:289-98 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the whole process is green, including all-aqueous, room temperature and pressure, and without the use of toxic chemicals or solvents, offering new ways to load bioactive drugs or growth factors into the process. ..
- Miller E, Chung K, Hutcheson J, Yates D, Smith S, Johnson B. Zilpaterol hydrochloride alters abundance of ?-adrenergic receptors in bovine muscle cells but has little effect on de novo fatty acid biosynthesis in bovine subcutaneous adipose tissue explants. J Anim Sci. 2012;90:1317-27 pubmed publisher..Similar to other ?-adrenergic agonists, ZH had only modest effects on lipid metabolism in adipose tissue explants. ..
- Powell J, Aarons S, Gourley C. Determinations of feed-milk-manure relationships on grazing-based dairy farms. Animal. 2012;6:1702-10 pubmed publisher..Likely due to high levels and great variability in dietary CP and P concentrations associated with use of diet supplements, MUN did not appear to be a good indicator of dietary CP, and P in dung was not a good indicator of dietary P. ..
- Sloan C, Audus K, Aldrich J, Lunte S. The permeation of dynorphin A 1-6 across the blood brain barrier and its effect on bovine brain microvessel endothelial cell monolayer permeability. Peptides. 2012;38:414-7 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the permeation of the BBB by the low molecular weight permeability marker fluorescein was characterized in the presence and absences of Dyn A 1-6. ..
- Wielgus Kutrowska B, Modrak Wójcik A, Dyzma A, Breer K, Zolkiewski M, Bzowska A. Purine nucleoside phosphorylase activity decline is linked to the decay of the trimeric form of the enzyme. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2014;549:40-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the biological role of packing of the PNP monomers into a trimeric structure is to provide the stability of the enzyme since the monomers are not stable in solution. ..
- Pickart C, Kasperek E, Beal R, Kim A. Substrate properties of site-specific mutant ubiquitin protein (G76A) reveal unexpected mechanistic features of ubiquitin-activating enzyme (E1). J Biol Chem. 1994;269:7115-23 pubmed..The intermediacy of ubiquitin adenylate thus provides a previously unrecognized catalytic advantage in the E1 mechanism. ..
- Mastrandrea L, Kasperek E, Niles E, Pickart C. Core domain mutation (S86Y) selectively inactivates polyubiquitin chain synthesis catalyzed by E2-25K. Biochemistry. 1998;37:9784-92 pubmed..These results suggest that unique residues proximal to E2 active sites may influence specific function by mediating intramolecular interactions. ..
- Haeseleer F, Sokal I, Verlinde C, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, Pronin A, et al. Five members of a novel Ca(2+)-binding protein (CABP) subfamily with similarity to calmodulin. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1247-60 pubmed..These data suggest that these novel CaBPs are an important component of Ca(2+)-mediated cellular signal transduction in the central nervous system where they may augment or substitute for CaM. ..
- Leite F, Sylte M, O BRIEN S, Schultz R, Peek S, Van Reeth K, et al. Effect of experimental infection of cattle with bovine herpesvirus-1 (BHV-1) on the ex vivo interaction of bovine leukocytes with Mannheimia (Pasteurella) haemolytica leukotoxin. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2002;84:97-110 pubmed..These findings might explain in part the increased susceptibility of BHV-1 infected cattle to pneumonic pasteurellosis. ..
- Givens M, Dykstra C, Brock K, Stringfellow D, Kumar A, Stephens C, et al. Detection of inhibition of bovine viral diarrhea virus by aromatic cationic molecules. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:2223-30 pubmed..The leading compounds require further investigation to determine their mechanism of action, in vivo activity, and specific activity against hepatitis C virus. ..
- Titgemeyer E, Drouillard J, Greenwood R, Ringler J, Bindel D, Hunter R, et al. Effect of forage quality on digestion and performance responses of cattle to supplementation with cooked molasses blocks. J Anim Sci. 2004;82:487-94 pubmed
- Jin Z, Wong C, Wu J, Berk B. Flow shear stress stimulates Gab1 tyrosine phosphorylation to mediate protein kinase B and endothelial nitric-oxide synthase activation in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12305-9 pubmed..Finally, knockdown of endogenous Gab1 by small interference RNA abrogated flow activation of Akt and eNOS. These data demonstrate a critical role of Gab1 in flow-stimulated PI3K/Akt/eNOS signal pathway in endothelial cells. ..
- Han J, Schey K. MALDI tissue imaging of ocular lens alpha-crystallin. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:2990-6 pubmed..The different distributions of alpha-crystallin revealed in this study provide new leads in the investigation of underlying physiological significance of the modified forms of the two alpha-crystallin subunits. ..
- Baska K, Manandhar G, Feng D, Agca Y, Tengowski M, Sutovsky M, et al. Mechanism of extracellular ubiquitination in the mammalian epididymis. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:684-96 pubmed..This study provides evidence that the activity of the ubiquitin system is not limited to the intracellular environment, contributing to a greater understanding of the sperm maturation process during epididymal passage. ..
- Lopez Ferrer D, Petritis K, Lourette N, Clowers B, Hixson K, Heibeck T, et al. On-line digestion system for protein characterization and proteome analysis. Anal Chem. 2008;80:8930-6 pubmed publisher..As a result, the online digestion system offers a powerful approach for high-throughput screening of proteins that could prove valuable in biochemical research (rapid screening of protein-based drugs). ..
- ..Antimicrobial susceptibility testing is likewise imprecise when applied to an individual animal; however, it is valuable on an animal population basis...
- Schetters T, Bishop R, Crampton M, KopÃ¡Äek P, Lew Tabor A, Maritz Olivier C, et al. Cattle tick vaccine researchers join forces in CATVAC. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:105 pubmed publisher..A meeting sponsored by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation was held at the Avanti Hotel, Mohammedia, Morocco, July 14-15, 2015. The meeting resulted in the formation of the Cattle Tick Vaccine Consortium (CATVAC). ..
- Ray K, Kunsch C, Bonner L, Robishaw J. Isolation of cDNA clones encoding eight different human G protein gamma subunits, including three novel forms designated the gamma 4, gamma 10, and gamma 11 subunits. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:21765-71 pubmed
- Dietz U, Sandell L. Cloning of a retinoic acid-sensitive mRNA expressed in cartilage and during chondrogenesis. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3311-6 pubmed..Buettner, R., and Bogdahn, U. (1994) Cancer Res. 54, 5695-5701). Neither CD-RAP nor this protein showed any homology to known proteins. We speculate that, in vivo, CD-RAP functions during cartilage development and maintenance. ..
- Strange C, Gottehrer A, Birmingham K, Heffner J. Platelets attenuate oxidant-induced permeability in endothelial monolayers: glutathione-dependent mechanisms. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1996;81:1701-6 pubmed
- Cantor G, Pritchard S, Dequiedt F, Willems L, Kettmann R, Davis W. CD5 is dissociated from the B-cell receptor in B cells from bovine leukemia virus-infected, persistently lymphocytotic cattle: consequences to B-cell receptor-mediated apoptosis. J Virol. 2001;75:1689-96 pubmed..Disruption of CD5-BCR interactions and subsequent decreased apoptosis and increased survival in antigenically stimulated B cells may be a mechanism of BLV-induced PL...
- Van Baale M, Sargeant J, Gnad D, DeBey B, Lechtenberg K, Nagaraja T. Effect of forage or grain diets with or without monensin on ruminal persistence and fecal Escherichia coli O157:H7 in cattle. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:5336-42 pubmed..Monensin supplementation decreased the duration of shedding with forage diet, and the cecum and colon were culture positive for E. coli O157:H7 more often than the rumen of cattle. ..
- Spicer L, Aad P, Allen D, Mazerbourg S, Payne A, Hsueh A. Growth differentiation factor 9 (GDF9) stimulates proliferation and inhibits steroidogenesis by bovine theca cells: influence of follicle size on responses to GDF9. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:243-53 pubmed
- Li X, An H, Ellman M, Phillips F, Thonar E, Park D, et al. Action of fibroblast growth factor-2 on the intervertebral disc. Arthritis Res Ther. 2008;10:R48 pubmed publisher..FGF2 is anti-anabolic in bovine spine disc cells, revealing the potential of FGF2 antagonists as unique biologic treatments for both prevention and reversal of IVD degeneration. ..
- Tran Q, Leonard J, Black D, Nadeau O, Boulatnikov I, Persechini A. Effects of combined phosphorylation at Ser-617 and Ser-1179 in endothelial nitric-oxide synthase on EC50(Ca2+) values for calmodulin binding and enzyme activation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11892-9 pubmed publisher..Changes in the biochemical properties of eNOS produced by combined phosphorylation at Ser-617 and Ser-1179 are predicted to substantially increase synthase activity in cells at a typical basal free Ca(2+) concentration of 50-100 nm. ..
- Usui S, Yu L, Yu C. Cloning and sequencing of a cDNA encoding the Rieske iron-sulfur protein of bovine heart mitochondrial ubiquinol-cytochrome c reductase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;167:575-9 pubmed..The amino acid sequence of Rieske iron-sulfur protein deduced from nucleotide sequencing is the same as that obtained from protein sequencing except at residues #73 and #191 which are Ser and Asp instead of Ala and Gly, respectively. ..
- Schuler L, Shimomura K, Kessler M, Zieler C, Bremel R. Bovine placental lactogen: molecular cloning and protein structure. Biochemistry. 1988;27:8443-8 pubmed
- Denslow N, LiCata V, Gualerzi C, O Brien T. Interaction of bovine mitochondrial ribosomes with Escherichia coli initiation factor 3 (IF3). Biochemistry. 1988;27:3521-7 pubmed..Furthermore, bacterial IF3 inhibits the Mg2+-dependent association of mitochondrial ribosomal subunits, suggesting that the bacterial IF3 binds to mitochondrial small subunits in a functional way. ..
- Dubash K, Shulaw W, Bech Nielsen S, Stills H, Slemons R. Evaluation of an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay licensed by the USDA for use in cattle for diagnosis of ovine paratuberculosis. J Vet Diagn Invest. 1995;7:347-51 pubmed..Exposure to C. pseudotuberculosis may confound results obtained by M. phlei-absorbed ELISA for paratuberculosis. ..
- Zhu T, Ikebe M. A novel myosin I from bovine adrenal gland. FEBS Lett. 1994;339:31-6 pubmed..coli. Northern blots with probes from head and tail regions of this myosin I revealed that this novel myosin I is widely distributed among various tissues. ..
- Ogut O, Hossain M, Jin J. Interactions between nebulin-like motifs and thin filament regulatory proteins. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3089-97 pubmed..The relationships provide a means for nebulin-like motifs to participate in the allosteric regulation of striated muscle contraction. ..
- Gumen A, Guenther J, Wiltbank M. Follicular size and response to Ovsynch versus detection of estrus in anovular and ovular lactating dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2003;86:3184-94 pubmed..Although 20% of lactating cows were not cyclic by about 60 d postpartum, nearly all ovulated following Ovsynch. However, anovular cows had lower conception than ovular cows whether inseminated after detected estrous or after Ovsynch. ..
- Kinosian H, Selden L, Gershman L, Estes J. Non-muscle actin filament elongation from complexes of profilin with nucleotide-free actin and divalent cation-free ATP-actin. Biochemistry. 2004;43:6253-60 pubmed..Thus, the data in this present report support our earlier hypothesis. ..
- Shaw W, Campbell A, Paine M, Snead M. The COOH terminus of the amelogenin, LRAP, is oriented next to the hydroxyapatite surface. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40263-6 pubmed..The experimental results provide direct evidence orienting the charged COOH-terminal region of the amelogenin protein on the HAP surface, optimized to exert control on developing enamel crystals. ..
- Bartolome J, Melendez P, Kelbert D, Swift K, McHale J, Hernandez J, et al. Strategic use of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) to increase pregnancy rate and reduce pregnancy loss in lactating dairy cows subjected to synchronization of ovulation and timed insemination. Theriogenology. 2005;63:1026-37 pubmed..03) and Day 55 (28.3% vs. 36.2% for control cows; P < 0.01). Therefore, strategies to stimulate CL function using multiple doses of GnRH during the luteal phase need to consider potential negative effects. ..
- Santaguida S, Janigro D, Hossain M, Oby E, Rapp E, Cucullo L. Side by side comparison between dynamic versus static models of blood-brain barrier in vitro: a permeability study. Brain Res. 2006;1109:1-13 pubmed
- Liu H, Enyeart J, Enyeart J. Potent inhibition of native TREK-1 K+ channels by selected dihydropyridine Ca2+ channel antagonists. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;323:39-48 pubmed
- Pires J, Pescara J, Brickner A, Silva Del Rio N, Cunha A, Grummer R. Effects of abomasal infusion of linseed oil on responses to glucose and insulin in holstein cows. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:1378-90 pubmed publisher..Data suggest that LIN enhanced the antilipolytic effects of insulin. Yet, other factors could have been involved because plasma NEFA concentration before IVGTT was 104 muEq/L greater for LIN than TAL for unknown reasons. ..
- Chen Z, Peng I, Sun W, Su M, Hsu P, Fu Y, et al. AMP-activated protein kinase functionally phosphorylates endothelial nitric oxide synthase Ser633. Circ Res. 2009;104:496-505 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that AMPK phosphorylation of eNOS Ser633 is a functional signaling event for NO bioavailability in ECs. ..
- Enyeart J, Enyeart J. Metabolites of an Epac-selective cAMP analog induce cortisol synthesis by adrenocortical cells through a cAMP-independent pathway. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6088 pubmed publisher..The remarkable increases in cortisol synthesis observed in this study appear to be mediated by a novel cAMP-, Epac- and PKA-independent signaling pathway...
- Dart M, Jankowska Gan E, Huang G, Roenneburg D, Keller M, Torrealba J, et al. Interleukin-17-dependent autoimmunity to collagen type V in atherosclerosis. Circ Res. 2010;107:1106-16 pubmed publisher..Because specific induction of ?1(V) chains has previously been reported in human atheromas, we postulated involvement of col(V) autoimmunity in atherosclerosis...
- Wyatt D, Malik R, Vesecky A, Marchese A. Small ubiquitin-like modifier modification of arrestin-3 regulates receptor trafficking. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:3884-93 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal an unprecedented role for SUMOylation in mediating GPCR endocytosis and provide novel mechanistic insight into arrestin function and regulation. ..
- Palacio M, Schricker S, Bhushan B. Bioadhesion of various proteins on random, diblock and triblock copolymer surfaces and the effect of pH conditions. J R Soc Interface. 2011;8:630-40 pubmed publisher..This implies that biomaterial nanomorphology can be used to control protein-polymer interactions and potentially cell adhesion. ..