Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cattle in Japan
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Ikura T, Sawamura T, Shiraki T, Hosokawa H, Kido T, Hoshikawa H, et al. cDNA cloning and expression of bovine endothelin converting enzyme. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;203:1417-22 pubmed..Co-expression of the cloned cDNA of bovine ECE with human preproET-1 cDNA in CHO-K1 cells resulted in the production of mature ET-1 and this production was inhibited by phosphoramidon. ..
- Ozaki H, Ishii K, Horiuchi H, Arai H, Kawamoto T, Okawa K, et al. Cutting edge: combined treatment of TNF-alpha and IFN-gamma causes redistribution of junctional adhesion molecule in human endothelial cells. J Immunol. 1999;163:553-7 pubmed..This suggested that JAM changed its distribution in response to proinflammatory cytokines. This redistribution of JAM might be involved in a decrease in transendothelial migration of leukocytes at inflammatory sites. ..
- Fushuku S, Deguchi E, Akuzawa M. Morphological changes of platelets following platelet aggregation induced by collagen in Japanese Black cattle with delta-storage pool deficiency. J Vet Med Sci. 1999;61:971-4 pubmed..These results suggested that there are abnormalities in the release reactions in platelets of delta-SPD cattle. ..
- Kuda T, Enomoto T, Yano T, Fujii T. Cecal environment and TBARS level in mice fed corn oil, beef tallow and menhaden fish oil. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2000;46:65-70 pubmed..These results suggest the possibility that menhaden oil affects lower intestinal microflora through the increase of not only oxide products but also saccharides and proteins in the intestine. ..
- Inoue Murayama M, Sugimoto Y, Niimi Y, Aso H. Type XVIII collagen is newly transcribed during bovine adipogenesis. Differentiation. 2000;65:281-5 pubmed..The collagen XVIII gene was also highly expressed in fat tissue. Although its function is unclear, these expression patterns indicate that type XVIII collagen may be associated with adipocyte differentiation in cattle. ..
- Watanabe M, Tateyama S, Togashi T, Uchida K, Yamaguchi R, Shimizu T, et al. Identification of canine alpha-lactalbumin. J Vet Med Sci. 2000;62:1217-9 pubmed..The canine cDNA also showed 71% identity-78% similarity with human, 58-73% with mouse, 60-74% with rat, 67-77% with goat, 66-77% with cattle, and 67-76% with sheep, respectively. ..
- Takamatsu K, Maekawa K, Togashi T, Choi D, Suzuki Y, Taylor T, et al. Identification of two novel primate-specific genes in DSCR. DNA Res. 2002;9:89-97 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that DSCR9 and DSCR10 have emerged as a new class of gene in the primate lineage during evolution...
- Ushizawa K, Takahashi T, Hosoe M, Kaneyama K, Hashizume K. Cloning and expression of two new prolactin-related proteins, prolactin-related protein-VIII and -IX, in bovine placenta. Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2005;3:68 pubmed..Their different temporal and spatial expressions suggest a different role for these genes in bovine placenta during gestation. ..
- Shinzawa Itoh K, Aoyama H, Muramoto K, Terada H, Kurauchi T, Tadehara Y, et al. Structures and physiological roles of 13 integral lipids of bovine heart cytochrome c oxidase. EMBO J. 2007;26:1713-25 pubmed..The X-ray structure indicates that the protein moiety selects cis-vaccenate near the O(2) transfer pathway against trans-vaccenate. These results suggest that vaccenate plays a critical role in the O(2) transfer mechanism. ..
- Zhang G, Wu H, Zhu B, Shimoishi Y, Nakamura Y, Murata Y. Effect of dimethyl sulfides on the induction of apoptosis in human leukemia Jurkat cells and HL-60 cells. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2966-72 pubmed..Our results indicate that dimethyl sulfides with a larger number of sulfur atoms more strongly induced apoptosis in both human leukemia cells via ROS production and caspase-3 activation. ..
- Bhuiyan M, Suzuki Y, Watanabe H, Lee E, Hirayama H, Matsuoka K, et al. Production of Sei whale (Balaenoptera borealis) cloned embryos by inter- and intra-species somatic cell nuclear transfer. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:131-9 pubmed..In conclusion, bovine oocytes have the ability to support development of sei whale nuclei up to the 6-cell stage. ..
- Matsuoka K, Kaneko R, Koyama T, Ma X, Esumi Y, Nakamura T, et al. Synthesis of sialyllactosamine clusters using carbosilane as core scaffolds by means of chemical and enzymatic approaches. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010;20:4906-10 pubmed publisher..Further sugar elongation of the LacNAc clusters was demonstrated using alpha2,3 sialyl transferase and CMP-neuraminic acid (CMP-NANA) to yield the corresponding SiaLacNAc clusters. ..
- Iwanaga K, Yoneda S, Hamahata Y, Miyazaki M, Shibano M, Taniguchi M, et al. Inhibitory effects of furanocoumarin derivatives in Kampo extract medicines on P-glycoprotein at the blood-brain barrier. Biol Pharm Bull. 2011;34:1246-51 pubmed..In conclusion, byakangelicol and rivulobirin A may inhibit P-gp expressed at the BBB even under in vivo conditions. Further studies using Kampo extract medicines under in vivo condition are necessary for safe drug therapy. ..
- Ayaki M, Iwasawa A, Niwano Y. Cell viability score as an integrated indicator for cytotoxicity of benzalkonium chloride-containing antiglaucoma eyedrops. Biocontrol Sci. 2012;17:121-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the cytotoxicity of tested eyedrops was dependent on BAK. Only the eyedrops containing latanoprost or tafluprost showed a reduction in the cytotoxicity of BAK. ..
- Tohya M, Arai S, Tomida J, Watanabe T, Kawamura Y, Katsumi M, et al. Defining the taxonomic status of Streptococcus suis serotype 33: the proposal for Streptococcus ruminantium sp. nov. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2017;67:3660-3665 pubmed publisher..suis serotype 33 should be classified into the genus Streptococcus, Streptococcus ruminantium sp. nov. with the type strain GUT-187T (=DSM 104980T=JCM 31869T). ..
- Asai K, Nakanishi K, Isobe I, Eksioglu Y, Hirano A, Hama K, et al. Neurotrophic action of gliostatin on cortical neurons. Identity of gliostatin and platelet-derived endothelial cell growth factor. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:20311-6 pubmed..These data indicate that gliostatin/PD-ECGF may play important roles on development and regeneration of the central nervous system and may also involve the induction of angiogenesis for the formation of blood brain barrier. ..
- Mizuno T, Saito Y, Itakura M, Ito F, Ito T, Moriyama E, et al. Structure of the bovine ETB endothelin receptor gene. Biochem J. 1992;287 ( Pt 1):305-9 pubmed..Similar results were obtained by ribonuclease protection analysis. ..
- Ohya Y, Kawasaki H, Suzuki K, Londesborough J, Anraku Y. Two yeast genes encoding calmodulin-dependent protein kinases. Isolation, sequencing and bacterial expressions of CMK1 and CMK2. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:12784-94 pubmed..Another gene may be substituted for function of the CMK1 and CMK2 kinase in vivo, since elimination of both kinase genes is not lethal. ..
- Tagaya M, Yamano K, Fukui T. Kinetic studies of the pyridoxal kinase from pig liver: slow-binding inhibition by adenosine tetraphosphopyridoxal. Biochemistry. 1989;28:4670-5 pubmed..ATP markedly protects the enzyme against time-dependent inhibition by the inhibitor, whereas another substrate pyridoxal affords no protection. By contrast, adenosine triphosphopyridoxal is not a slow-binding inhibitor of this enzyme. ..
- Hayashizaki Y, Hiraoka Y, Endo Y, Miyai K, Matsubara K. Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) deficiency caused by a single base substitution in the CAGYC region of the beta-subunit. EMBO J. 1989;8:2291-6 pubmed..Southern blot hybridization of genomic DNA digested with MaeI showed that the patients were homozygous and their parents were heterozygous for the mutation. This test was also used to examine other family members for the disease. ..
- Ohta K, Seo N, Yoshida T, Hiraga K, Tuboi S. Tubulin and high molecular weight microtubule-associated proteins as endogenous substrates for protein carboxymethyltransferase in brain. Biochimie. 1987;69:1227-34 pubmed
- Yamamoto H, Arakane F, Ono T, Tashima K, Okumura E, Yamada K, et al. Phosphorylation of myristoylated alanine-rich C kinase substrate (MARCKS) by proline-directed protein kinases and its dephosphorylation. J Neurochem. 1995;65:802-9 pubmed..These results suggest that cdc2 kinase and TPKII regulate the functions of MARCKS in different ways from protein kinase C. ..
- Lee K, Ito A, Koshimura K, Ohue T, Takagi Y, Miwa S. Differential effects of hypoxia on ligand binding properties of nicotinic and muscarinic acetylcholine receptors on cultured bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. J Neurochem. 1995;64:874-82 pubmed..These results demonstrate that hypoxia specifically suppresses the function of nAChRs (and hence, neuronal signal transmission through nAChRs), primarily by acting intracellularly. ..
- Yamamoto Y, Kitamura N, Yamada J, Yamashita T. Three-dimensional architecture of the subepithelial connective tissue in the omasal laminae of sheep and cattle. Acta Anat (Basel). 1993;146:238-43 pubmed..In the interpapillary space, round-edged and complex folded ridges with high undulations and deep grooves were observed. These findings may indicate regional and interspecies diversities in the function of the omasal mucosa. ..
- Mizuno T, Iwashina M, Itakura M, Hagiwara H, Hirose S. A variant form of the type C atrial natriuretic peptide receptor generated by alternative RNA splicing. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:5162-7 pubmed..The alternative splicing reported here contributes to the diversity of ANP receptors; however, its physiological significance remains to be clarified. ..
- Katoh N, Suzuki T, Yuasa A, Miyamoto T. Distribution of annexins I, II, and IV in bovine mammary gland. J Dairy Sci. 1995;78:2382-7 pubmed..Annexin IV from cytosolic and nuclear fractions had similar molecular masses and isoelectric points. ..
- Hiraishi H, Yokoi F, Kumon A. 3-phosphohistidine and 6-phospholysine are substrates of a 56-kDa inorganic pyrophosphatase from bovine liver. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1998;349:381-7 pubmed..Moreover, methylenediphosphonic acid, an analog of imidodiphosphate, stimulated the hydrolysis of imidodiphosphate in the presence of MgCl2, while it potentiated the substrate inhibition on hydrolysis of N-phosphorylated amino acids. ..
- Terashima H, Gotoh S, Yagi K, Mizoguchi T. cDNA sequence of bovine thioredoxin. DNA Seq. 1999;10:331-3 pubmed..The amino acid sequences of thioredoxins are highly conserved among mammalian species, for example, only one difference exists between the amino acid sequences of bovine and ovine thioredoxin. ..
- Baltazar E, Kitamura N, Hondo E, Narreto E, Yamada J. Galanin-like immunoreactive endocrine cells in bovine pancreas. J Anat. 2000;196 ( Pt 2):285-91 pubmed..Coexistence of galanin and insulin was also observed which may suggest autocrine interaction between the 2 hormones. ..
- Nakamura M, Ogata K, Nagamine T, Tajima K, Matsui H, Benno Y. The replicon of the cryptic Plasmid pSBO1 isolated from Streptococcus bovis JB1. Curr Microbiol. 2001;43:11-6 pubmed..bovis 12-U-1 and no8 strains. This result indicates that the putative rep encoded Rep and that the replicon of pSBO1 contained the DRs and the rep. Gel shift assays showed that the Rep of pSBO1 bound the 22-bp DRs. ..
- Mori T, Ono K, Hakozaki M, Kasukawa R, Kochi H. Autoantibodies of sera from patients with primary biliary cirrhosis recognize the alpha subunit of the decarboxylase component of human branched-chain 2-oxo acid dehydrogenase complex. J Hepatol. 2001;34:799-804 pubmed..BCKADH-E1alpha-specific autoantibodies were found in the sera of PBC patients. The antibodies seem to occur subsequent to the anti-BCKADH-E2 antibody production, supporting the concept of intermolecular determinant spreading. ..
- Khandoker M, Imai K, Takahashi T, Hashizume K. Role of gelatinase on follicular atresia in the bovine ovary. Biol Reprod. 2001;65:726-32 pubmed..These results suggest a plausible role for gelatinase in follicular health, especially the active form of MMP-2 and proMMP-9, and that bovine follicular fluid may be a key indicator of atresia. ..
- Sato J, Okada K, Fukuda S, Sato R, Yasuda J, Naito Y. Serum activities of tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase and bone specific alkaline phosphatase as indices of bone metabolism in the cow. J Vet Med Sci. 2002;64:653-5 pubmed..TRAP levels differed slightly between group A (< or =4 yrs) and B (5 yrs< or =) at the same stage of lactation. The activity levels rose slightly at the height of lactation stage and during the dry stage...
- Varisanga M, Dong Y, Mtango N, Fahrudin M, Ni Wayan K, Suzuki T. Bovine blastocysts obtained from reconstructed cytoplast and karyoplasts using a simple portable CO2 incubator. Cloning. 2000;2:167-73 pubmed..While relatively low developmental rates were achieved, technical proficiency may have been a contributing factor. Further studies using this system are needed to determine optimal levels of O(2), CO(2), and air pressure. ..
- Tajima K, Nonaka I, Higuchi K, Takusari N, Kurihara M, Takenaka A, et al. Influence of high temperature and humidity on rumen bacterial diversity in Holstein heifers. Anaerobe. 2007;13:57-64 pubmed..These shifts were accompanied by the decrease in concentration of short-chain fatty acids in the rumen. ..
- Hoshinoo K, Sasaki K, Tanaka A, Corbeil L, Tagawa Y. Virulence attributes of Histophilus somni with a deletion mutation in the ibpA gene. Microb Pathog. 2009;46:273-82 pubmed publisher..A1. These results indicate that H. somni IbpA protein inhibits phagocytic activity of macrophages and monocytes, probably by disruption of actin filament structure. ..
- Tasaki Y, Nishimura R, Shibaya M, Lee H, Acosta T, Okuda K. Expression of VEGF and its receptors in the bovine endometrium throughout the estrous cycle: effects of VEGF on prostaglandin production in endometrial cells. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:223-9 pubmed
- Hojo T, ODA A, Lee S, Acosta T, Okuda K. Effects of tumor necrosis factor ? and Interferon ? on the viability and mRNA expression of TNF receptor type I in endothelial cells from the bovine corpus luteum. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:515-9 pubmed..05). In summary, TNF and IFNG increased cell death in cultured bovine LECs. The upregulation of TNFRI mRNA expression by IFNG suggests that TNF and IFNG synergistically affect the death of LECs resulting in acute luteolysis...
- Iwamaru Y, Imamura M, Matsuura Y, Masujin K, Shimizu Y, Shu Y, et al. Accumulation of L-type bovine prions in peripheral nerve tissues. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:1151-4 pubmed publisher..As with classical BSE prions, L-type BSE prions accumulated in central and peripheral nerve tissues. ..
- Niimura S, Ogata T, Okimura A, Sato T, Uchiyama Y, Seta T, et al. Time-lapse videomicrographic observations of blastocyst hatching in cattle. J Reprod Dev. 2010;56:649-54 pubmed
- Nakamura F, Ogata K, Shiozaki K, Kameyama K, Ohara K, Haga T, et al. Identification of two novel GTP-binding protein alpha-subunits that lack apparent ADP-ribosylation sites for pertussis toxin. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:12676-81 pubmed..The amount of the 40-kDa protein was highest in brain and lung. We suggest that GL1 alpha and GL2 alpha are new members of a subfamily of pertussis toxin-insensitive G-proteins. ..
- Hase S, Nishimura H, Kawabata S, Iwanaga S, Ikenaka T. The structure of (xylose)2glucose-O-serine 53 found in the first epidermal growth factor-like domain of bovine blood clotting factor IX. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:1858-61 pubmed..Glucose and xylose belong to the D series by high performance liquid chromatography on a chiral column. From the results, the structure of the trisaccharide is proposed as: D-Xyl p alpha 1-3-D-Xyl p alpha 1-3-D-Glcp beta 1-O-Ser-53. ..
- Yamakawa M, Tanaka M, Koyama M, Kagesato Y, Watahiki M, Yamamoto M, et al. Expression of new members of the prolactin growth hormone gene family in bovine placenta. Isolation and characterization of two prolactin-like cDNA clones. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:8915-20 pubmed..bPLP-I and bPLP-II, as well as bPLP-III, are shown to be expressed stage specifically and predominantly in full-term bovine placentas. ..
- Yamada M, Shahjahan M, Tanabe T, Kishi F, Nakazawa A. Cloning and characterization of cDNA for mitochondrial GTP:AMP phosphotransferase of bovine liver. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:19192-9 pubmed..coli. The AK3 product was exported to the periplasmic space through the bacterial inner membrane. The possible involvement of the NH2-terminal sequence of the protein in targeting to the mitochondrial matrix was discussed. ..
- Nara K, Nakanishi K, Hagiwara H, Wakita K, Kojima S, Hirose S. Retinol-induced morphological changes of cultured bovine endothelial cells are accompanied by a marked increase in transglutaminase. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:19308-12 pubmed..These results suggest that transglutaminase plays important roles in the maintenance of morphology and the control of endothelial cell functions. ..
- Kitamura N, Yamada J, Yamamoto Y, Yamashita T. Substance P-immunoreactive neurons of the bovine forestomach mucosa: their presumptive role in a sensory mechanism. Arch Histol Cytol. 1993;56:399-410 pubmed..Substance P-immunoreactive nerve fibers were numerous in the reticular papillae of the calf and cow and in the omasal papillae of the calf. The positive fibers at these localities may act as mucosal receptors...
- Nishimura N, Goji J, Nakamura H, Orita S, Takai Y, Sano K. Cloning of a brain-type isoform of human Rab GDI and its expression in human neuroblastoma cell lines and tumor specimens. Cancer Res. 1995;55:5445-50 pubmed..These results suggest that hu GDI alpha gene expression is not related to the differentiation state of neuronal cells. ..
- Chikuni K, Mori Y, Tabata T, Saito M, Monma M, Kosugiyama M. Molecular phylogeny based on the kappa-casein and cytochrome b sequences in the mammalian suborder Ruminantia. J Mol Evol. 1995;41:859-66 pubmed..smatorensis), Japanese serow (C. crispus), and Formosan serow (C. swinhoei). These results would be explained by the difference of resolving power between the kappa-casein and the cytochrome b sequences...
- Sugimura T, Tsuda T, Suzuki T, Murakami Y. Preparation of virus-infection-associated (VIA) antigen of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) virus from inactivated vaccine. J Vet Med Sci. 1996;58:599-601 pubmed..The VIA antigen from an inactivated vaccine would be very useful in FMD free countries like Japan to avoid the risk of using live FMD viruses. ..
- Ikeda S, Ozaki K. Action of mitochondrial endonuclease G on DNA damaged by L-ascorbic acid, peplomycin, and cis-diamminedichloroplatinum (II). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;235:291-4 pubmed..These nucleolytic properties of Endo G in vitro suggest its possible involvement in the maintenance of mtDNA by eliminating defective genomes from the multicopy pool. ..
- Suzuki T, Koizumi M, Baba T, Kudo R. Cloning and characterization of a cDNA fragment coding beta-casein-like protein preferentially expressed in cervical adenocarcinoma cell line CAC-1. Cancer Lett. 1998;124:165-71 pubmed..We obtained the inserted cDNA fragment that showed high homology to reported DNA sequences of unknown function in normal human placenta. We think that BCLP was overexpressed or changed its structure by carcinogenesis. ..
- Masuda H, Goto M, Tamaoki S, Kamikawatoko S, Tokoro T, Azuma H. M3-type muscarinic receptors predominantly mediate neurogenic quick contraction of bovine ciliary muscle. Gen Pharmacol. 1998;30:579-84 pubmed
- Kobayashi K, Kobayashi H, Ueda M, Honda Y. Estrogen receptor expression in bovine and rat retinas. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1998;39:2105-10 pubmed..This study provides the first evidence for the presence of estrogen receptor in bovine and rat retinas. Expression of estrogen receptor throughout the retina suggests that estrogen may have important functions in the retina. ..
- Kuwata K, Hoshino M, Forge V, Era S, Batt C, Goto Y. Solution structure and dynamics of bovine beta-lactoglobulin A. Protein Sci. 1999;8:2541-5 pubmed..1H]-15N NOE revealed that betaF, betaG, and betaH strands buried under the major alpha-helix are rigid on a pico- to nanosecond time scale and also emphasized rapid fluctuations of loops and the N- and C-terminal regions. ..
- Isobe N, Yoshimura Y. Localization of apoptotic cells in the cystic ovarian follicles of cows: a DNA-end labeling histochemical study. Theriogenology. 2000;53:897-904 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Morita H, Yoo Y, Kim W, Kumura H, Shimazaki K. Detection of bovine lactoferrin binding protein on Jurkat human lymphoblastic T cell line. J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:865-9 pubmed..Bovine Lf, bovine transferrin and ovotransferrin bound to the same proteins of Jurkat cells, which had molecular weights of about 35 kDa. ..
- Asanuma N, Yoshii T, Hino T. Molecular characterization of CcpA and involvement of this protein in transcriptional regulation of lactate dehydrogenase and pyruvate formate-lyase in the ruminal bacterium Streptococcus bovis. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:5244-51 pubmed..Thus, CcpA appears to be involved in the global regulation of sugar utilization in S. bovis. ..
- Isogai N, Kusuhara H, Ikada Y, Ohtani H, Jacquet R, Hillyer J, et al. Comparison of different chondrocytes for use in tissue engineering of cartilage model structures. Tissue Eng. 2006;12:691-703 pubmed..Thus, each chondrocyte type establishes or maintains its particular developmental characteristics, and this observation is critical in the design and elaboration of any tissue-engineered cartilage model. ..
- Miyazaki T, Miyazaki M, Yasuda J, Okada K. Ultrasonographic imaging of abomasal curd in preruminant calves. Vet J. 2009;179:109-16 pubmed..It was concluded ultrasonography can be used to visualise abomasal curd and to distinguish the presence and absence of curds in the abomasum of calves. ..
- Nishikori S, Yamanaka K, Sakurai T, Esaki M, Ogura T. p97 Homologs from Caenorhabditis elegans, CDC-48.1 and CDC-48.2, suppress the aggregate formation of huntingtin exon1 containing expanded polyQ repeat. Genes Cells. 2008;13:827-38 pubmed publisher..1 and CDC-48.2. Taken together, these results suggest that p97 plays a protective role in neurodegenerative disorders by directly suppressing the protein aggregation as a molecular chaperone. ..
- Yamamoto I, Kimura N, Arai T, Tanaka M. cDNA cloning and mRNA expression of bovine GPR39. J Vet Med Sci. 2009;71:641-4 pubmed..3 kb 5'-upstream region of bovine GPR39 gene with human colon carcinoma-derived CACO-2 cells. These findings suggest that GPR39 may have important roles in gastrointestinal and metabolic functions in bovines as in other mammals. ..
- Iwanaga K, Murata T, Hori M, Ozaki H. Isolation and characterization of bovine intestinal subepithelial myofibroblasts. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;112:98-104 pubmed..Thus, bovine ISMFs might be a novel useful tool with long life span and good cellular responses to investigate physiological/pathophysiological roles of ISMFs...
- Narukami T, Sasazaki S, Oyama K, Nogi T, Taniguchi M, Mannen H. Effect of DNA polymorphisms related to fatty acid composition in adipose tissue of Holstein cattle. Anim Sci J. 2011;82:406-11 pubmed publisher..Effect of LXR genotypes could not be analyze because of extremely biased genotype frequencies. Our results suggest that genotypes of SCD and FABP4 may in part affect meat quality in Holstein...
- Sugimoto M, Watanabe T, Sugimoto Y. The molecular effects of a polymorphism in the 5'UTR of solute carrier family 44, member 5 that is associated with birth weight in Holsteins. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41267 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel insights into the molecular mechanisms that control birth weight in Holsteins and suggests that SLC44A5 may serve as a potential target for preventing dystocia. ..
- Hara T, Kojima T, Matsuzaki H, Nakamura T, Yoshida E, Fujiwara Y, et al. Induction of Syndecan-4 by Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Molecules with a 1,10-Phenanthroline Structure in Cultured Vascular Endothelial Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated an alternative pathway involved in mediating induction of endothelial syndecan-4 expression and revealed organic-inorganic hybrid molecules as effective tools for analyzing biological systems. ..
- Yamamoto M, Shoda A, Minamino N, Matsuo H, Nishimatsu S, Ueno N, et al. Expression of thymosin beta 4 gene during Xenopus laevis embryogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;184:93-9 pubmed..Northern blot analysis revealed the mRNA is maternally present at a low level and the transcript becomes abundant after gastrulation, supporting the distribution of the peptide. ..
- Isobe T, Ichimura T, Sunaya T, Okuyama T, Takahashi N, Kuwano R, et al. Distinct forms of the protein kinase-dependent activator of tyrosine and tryptophan hydroxylases. J Mol Biol. 1991;217:125-32 pubmed..These findings suggest the involvement of a diverse family of the activator protein in the stimulus-coupled, Ca2(+)-dependent regulation of monoamine biosynthesis. ..
- Hada T, Ueda N, Takahashi Y, Yamamoto S. Catalytic properties of human platelet 12-lipoxygenase as compared with the enzymes of other origins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1083:89-93 pubmed
- Hori R, Tanigawara Y, Saito Y, Hayashi Y, Aiba T, Okumura K, et al. Moment analysis of drug disposition in kidney: transcellular transport kinetics of p-aminohippurate in the isolated perfused rat kidney. J Pharm Sci. 1988;77:471-6 pubmed..The present method will be useful for analysis of the transcellular transport mechanism and the effect of disease states on renal transport of drugs...
- Nakanishi A, Morita K, Oka M. Influence of reduction of cytoplasmic ATP on catecholamine secretion from intact and digitonin-permeabilized adrenal chromaffin cells. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1988;46:109-15 pubmed..These results suggest that ATP in the cell cytoplasm may play an important role in the regulation of catecholamine secretion as a factor modulating the activity of the exocytotic process in the adrenal chromaffin cell. ..
- Morishita R, Nakayama H, Isobe T, Matsuda T, Hashimoto Y, Okano T, et al. Primary structure of a gamma subunit of G protein, gamma 12, and its phosphorylation by protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:29469-75 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that gamma 12 is phosphorylated by protein kinase C during activation of receptor(s) and G protein(s) in living cells. ..
- Aida Y, Niimi M, Asahina M, Okada K, Nakai Y, Ogimoto K. Identification of a new bovine MHC class II DRB allele by nucleotide sequencing and an analysis of phylogenetic relationships. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;209:981-8 pubmed..Thus, the predicted structure of the unique NR1 allele for BoLA-DRB3 further confirms the overall conservation of the product of this locus, as previously established from studies in rodent and man. ..
- Takeuchi Y, Kodama Y, Matsumoto T. Bone matrix decorin binds transforming growth factor-beta and enhances its bioactivity. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:32634-8 pubmed
- Yamaoka I, Taniguchi Y, Sasaki Y. Rapid communication: nucleotide sequence of bovine C/EBP beta gene. J Anim Sci. 1997;75:587 pubmed
- Meas S, Kabeya H, Yoshihara S, Ohashi K, Matsuki S, Mikami Y, et al. Seroprevalence and field isolation of bovine immunodeficiency virus. J Vet Med Sci. 1998;60:1195-202 pubmed..Since BIV was isolated from milk samples, BIV could possibly be transmitted through milk. This is the first report of BIV isolation in Japan. ..
- Suzuma I, Mandai M, Takagi H, Suzuma K, Otani A, Oh H, et al. 17 Beta-estradiol increases VEGF receptor-2 and promotes DNA synthesis in retinal microvascular endothelial cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1999;40:2122-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that E2 may stimulate BREC growth by the receptor-mediated pathway and that E2 may augment the VEGF-dependent angiogenesis partly through the upregulation of VEGFR2. ..
- Murase T, Kume N, Kataoka H, Minami M, Sawamura T, Masaki T, et al. Identification of soluble forms of lectin-like oxidized LDL receptor-1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:715-20 pubmed..The data demonstrate that cell-surface LOX-1 can be cleaved at 2 different sites and transformed into soluble forms. Further studies may explore therapeutic and diagnostic applications of soluble LOX-1 in atherosclerotic diseases. ..
- Ling S, Tanaka T, Kouno I. Effects of iridoids on lipoxygenase and hyaluronidase activities and their activation by beta-glucosidase in the presence of amino acids. Biol Pharm Bull. 2003;26:352-6 pubmed..In addition, the results also indicated that it is worthwhile to further explore these intermediates as potential anti-inflammatory agents. ..
- Yamauchi N, Takezawa T, Kizaki K, Herath C, Hashizume K. Proliferative potential of endometrial stromal cells, and endometrial and placental expression of cyclin in the bovine. J Reprod Dev. 2003;49:553-60 pubmed..These results suggest that CAR-derived stromal cells have higher proliferative potential, which may be related to cyclin E expression during implantation. ..
- Chowdhury E, Mikami O, Murata H, Sultana P, Shimada N, Yoshioka M, et al. Fate of maize intrinsic and recombinant genes in calves fed genetically modified maize Bt11. J Food Prot. 2004;67:365-70 pubmed..These results also suggest that the recombinant cry1Ab genes were not transferred to the PBMC and tissues of calves fed Bt11 maize. ..
- Murakami K, Sentsui H, Inoshima Y, Inumaru S. Increase in gammadelta T cells in the blood of cattle persistently infected with bovine leukemia virus following administration of recombinant bovine IFN-gamma. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2004;101:61-71 pubmed..These results suggest that IFN-gamma induces the up-regulation of gammadelta T cells, decreases the number of IgM+ lymphocytes and suppresses the growth of BLV in BLV-infected cattle in vivo...
- Li W, Nasu T, Ma Y, Zhu X, Wanng W, Song R, et al. Migration of warble fly larvae in the yak and optimum timing of ivermectin treatment. J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:891-2 pubmed..Although some warbles were observed in the September- and November-treated groups, no warbles were detected in the October-treated group. Treatment of yaks with ivermectin was most effective for warble fly in October...
- Enomoto M, Sawano Y, Kosuge S, Yamano Y, Kuroki K, Ohtsuki K. High phosphorylation of HBV core protein by two alpha-type CK2-activated cAMP-dependent protein kinases in vitro. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:894-9 pubmed..These results suggest that high phosphorylation of HBV-CP by two CK2-aPKAs, in the absence of cAMP, may be involved in the pregenomic RNA (pgRNA) encapsidation and DNA-replication in HBV-infected cells. ..
- Acosta T, Yoshioka S, Komiyama J, Lee S, Grazul Bilska A, Skarzynski D, et al. Effects of storage and passage of bovine luteal endothelial cells on endothelin-1 and prostaglandin F2alpha production. J Reprod Dev. 2007;53:473-80 pubmed..05) ET-1 and PGF2alpha production by the unfrozen and frozen-thawed LECs in all passages examined. Thus, LECs obtained from developing CLs and stored until passage 10 can be used for study of the physiology of LECs in vitro. ..
- Satoh T, Saitoh S, Hosaka M, Kosaka K. Simple ortho- and para-hydroquinones as compounds neuroprotective against oxidative stress in a manner associated with specific transcriptional activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:537-41 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that para- and ortho-dihydroquinones may be neuroprotective compounds active against oxidative stress. ..
- Ahmed A, Ishida Y, Shimamoto T. Molecular characterization of antimicrobial resistance in Salmonella isolated from animals in Japan. J Appl Microbiol. 2009;106:402-9 pubmed publisher..Thompson. Little is known about the molecular basis of antimicrobial resistance in Salmonella isolated from animals. This study provides useful data on the incidence of integrons and resistance genes in Salmonella of animal origin. ..
- Takahashi K, Tatsunami R, Oba T, Tampo Y. Buthionine sulfoximine promotes methylglyoxal-induced apoptotic cell death and oxidative stress in endothelial cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2010;33:556-60 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that the depletion of GSH via BSO pretreatment promoted MG-induced apoptotic cell death and oxidative stress in BAECs. ..
- Nakachi T, Tabuchi T, Takasaki A, Arai S, Miyazawa K, Tomoda A. Anticancer activity of phenoxazines produced by bovine erythrocytes on colon cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:1517-22 pubmed..The present results demonstrate that Phx-1 and Phx-3, which were prepared by extensively improved methods using bovine erythrocytes, may be useful as therapeutic drugs against colon cancer that is intractable to chemotherapy. ..
- Nagai J, Sato K, Yumoto R, Takano M. Megalin/cubilin-mediated uptake of FITC-labeled IgG by OK kidney epithelial cells. Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2011;26:474-85 pubmed..These observations suggest that the internalization of FITC-hIgG in OK cells might be, at least in part, due to megalin/cubilin-mediated, clathrin-dependent endocytosis. ..