Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cattle in Israel
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Mazuz M, Molad T, Fish L, Leibovitz B, Wolkomirsky R, Fleiderovitz L, et al. Genetic diversity of Babesia bovis in virulent and attenuated strains. Parasitology. 2012;139:317-23 pubmed publisher..Despite high polymorphism found by sequence analyses, the patterns observed and the number of repeats, order, or motifs found could not discriminate between virulent field isolates and attenuated vaccine strains of the parasite. ..
- Farberov S, Meidan R. Thrombospondin-1 Affects Bovine Luteal Function via Transforming Growth Factor-Beta1-Dependent and Independent Actions. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:25 pubmed publisher..Indeed all these three genes were similarly induced in the regressing CL. Their gene products can promote vascular instability, apoptosis, and matrix remodeling during luteolysis. ..
- Mandel R, Whay H, Klement E, Nicol C. Invited review: Environmental enrichment of dairy cows and calves in indoor housing. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:1695-1715 pubmed publisher..Some of the enrichment methods reviewed here may also be applied to those more extensive cattle-raising systems, where similar challenges occur. ..
- Lavon Y, Kaim M, Leitner G, Biran D, Ezra E, Wolfenson D. Two approaches to improve fertility of subclinical mastitic dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:2268-2275 pubmed publisher..Thus the OVS protocol can improve fertility of subclinical mastitic cows, probably due to "corrected" timing of ovulation in cows in which it would otherwise be delayed. ..
- Seger D, Gechtman Z, Shaltiel S. Phosphorylation of vitronectin by casein kinase II. Identification of the sites and their promotion of cell adhesion and spreading. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:24805-13 pubmed
- Sapir T, Cahana A, Seger R, Nekhai S, Reiner O. LIS1 is a microtubule-associated phosphoprotein. Eur J Biochem. 1999;265:181-8 pubmed..In vitro, LIS1 was phosphorylated by protein kinase CKII (casein kinase II), but not many other kinases that were tested. We suggest that LIS1 activity may be regulated by phosphorylation. ..
- Plis Finarov A, Hudson H, Roe B, Ron M, Seroussi E. Mapping of the GATA4, NEIL2, FDFT1 genes and CTSB-associated microsatellites to the centromeric region of BTA8. Anim Genet. 2004;35:154-5 pubmed
- Fish L, Mazuz M, Molad T, Savitsky I, Shkap V. Isolation of Neospora caninum from dairy zero grazing cattle in Israel. Vet Parasitol. 2007;149:167-71 pubmed..The inoculated gerbils developed specific antibodies to N. caninum, with end-point serum dilution of 1:4096 in the IFA assay, whereas no neurological signs or deaths were seen during 4 months of observation. ..
- Raikhinstein M, Zohar M, Hanukoglu I. cDNA cloning and sequence analysis of the bovine adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) receptor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1220:329-32 pubmed..The 3'-untranslated region of the bovine cDNA is > 2000 bp and includes two inverse repeats giving an extensive and strong secondary structure to the ACTH receptor RNA. ..
- Eldor A, Sela Donenfeld D, Korner M, Pick M, Resnick Roguel N, Panet A. Injury models of the vascular endothelium: apoptosis and loss of thromboresistance induced by a viral protein. Haemostasis. 1996;26 Suppl 4:37-45 pubmed..Quiescent G0/G1-BAEC are much more sensitive to AHV induced apoptosis than actively dividing cells. These experiments demonstrate the capacity of viral proteins to affect the integrity and functionality of vascular endothelial cells. ..
- Brenner J, Perl S, Lahav D, Garazi S, Oved Z, Shlosberg A, et al. An unusual outbreak of malignant catarrhal fever in a beef herd in Israel. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2002;49:304-7 pubmed..The fact that sheep and goats were housed in close proximity on the same farm reinforced this diagnosis...
- Jami E, Shabtay A, Nikbachat M, Yosef E, Miron J, Mizrahi I. Effects of adding a concentrated pomegranate-residue extract to the ration of lactating cows on in vivo digestibility and profile of rumen bacterial population. J Dairy Sci. 2012;95:5996-6005 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CPE supplementation significantly affects the rumen bacterial communities, which in turn may be related to a beneficial effect on dairy cow performance. ..
- Elnekave E, Li Y, Zamir L, Even Tov B, Hamblin P, Gelman B, et al. The field effectiveness of routine and emergency vaccination with an inactivated vaccine against foot and mouth disease. Vaccine. 2013;31:879-85 pubmed publisher..3). ..
- Székely P, Sheftel H, Mayo A, Alon U. Evolutionary tradeoffs between economy and effectiveness in biological homeostasis systems. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013;9:e1003163 pubmed publisher..We applied this approach to estimate parameters in three biological systems: response to heat shock and response to DNA damage in bacteria, and calcium homeostasis in mammals. ..
- Lazard D, Zupko K, Poria Y, Nef P, Lazarovits J, Horn S, et al. Odorant signal termination by olfactory UDP glucuronosyl transferase. Nature. 1991;349:790-3 pubmed..This, together with the known broad spectrum of drug-detoxification enzymes, supports a role for olfactory UGT in terminating diverse odorant signals. ..
- Pipano E, Alekceev E, Galker F, Fish L, Samish M, Shkap V. Immunity against Boophilus annulatus induced by the Bm86 (Tick-GARD) vaccine. Exp Appl Acarol. 2003;29:141-9 pubmed..bigemina-infected females did not. Since B. bigemina is transmitted exclusively by nymphal stages of Bo. annulatus these results support the observation that immunity induced by Bm86 affects the larval stage of this tick. ..
- Rosiansky Sultan M, Klipper E, Spanel Borowski K, Meidan R. Inverse relationship between nitric oxide synthases and endothelin-1 synthesis in bovine corpus luteum: interactions at the level of luteal endothelial cell. Endocrinology. 2006;147:5228-35 pubmed
- Ron M, Cohen Zinder M, Peter C, Weller J, Erhardt G. Short communication: a polymorphism in ABCG2 in Bos indicus and Bos taurus cattle breeds. J Dairy Sci. 2006;89:4921-3 pubmed..The detection of ABCG2(C) only in Bos taurus breeds may indicate that ABCG2(A) is the ancestral allele, and that the Y581S substitution occurred after the separation of the Bos indicus and Bos taurus lineages...
- Lahav J, Karniel E, Bagoly Z, Sheptovitsky V, Dardik R, Inbal A. Coagulation factor XIII serves as protein disulfide isomerase. Thromb Haemost. 2009;101:840-4 pubmed..Our results imply that FXIII-PDI activity may have a role in platelet function. ..
- Ment D, Gindin G, Soroker V, Glazer I, Rot A, Samish M. Metarhizium anisopliae conidial responses to lipids from tick cuticle and tick mammalian host surface. J Invertebr Pathol. 2010;103:132-9 pubmed publisher..The effects of these lipids may explain the variability in tick control these fungi provide for different hosts. ..
- Katz Y, Goldberg M, Rajuan N, Cohen A, Leshno M. The prevalence and natural course of food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome to cow's milk: a large-scale, prospective population-based study. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:647-53.e1-3 pubmed publisher..Most patients with FPIES recover, although a proportion might convert to IgE-CMA. The likelihood for a cross-reactivity to soy in this population was less than previously estimated. ..
- Lysnyansky I, Freed M, Rosales R, Mikula I, Khateb N, Gerchman I, et al. An overview of Mycoplasma bovis mastitis in Israel (2004-2014). Vet J. 2016;207:180-183 pubmed publisher..MLST of 57â€‰M.â€‰bovis isolates revealed that sequence type 10 was the dominant genotype identified in 60% of the herds. In conclusion, these data show that M.â€‰bovis is the main mycoplasmal mastitic pathogen in Israel. ..
- Mamluk R, Wolfenson D, Meidan R. LH receptor mRNA and cytochrome P450 side-chain cleavage expression in bovine theca and granulosa cells luteinized by LH or forskolin. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 1998;15:103-14 pubmed..05) than in LG. This study suggests that a) LHR mRNA is mainly present in the theca-derived luteal cell and b) LHR mRNA and cytochrome P450scc expression in each of the luteal cell types seems to be under different control. ..
- Braw Tal R, Roth Z. Gene expression for LH receptor, 17 alpha-hydroxylase and StAR in the theca interna of preantral and early antral follicles in the bovine ovary. Reproduction. 2005;129:453-61 pubmed..During the early stages of atresia, thecal cells remain morphologically and functionally healthy, and continue to express all three studied mRNAs. ..
- Kedmi M, Herziger Y, Galon N, Cohen R, Perel M, Batten C, et al. The association of winds with the spread of EHDV in dairy cattle in Israel during an outbreak in 2006. Prev Vet Med. 2010;96:152-60 pubmed publisher..This study therefore shows that winds are probably a major contributory factor for long and medium distance spread of Culicoides borne viruses in this region...
- Dakwar G, Abu Hammad I, Popov M, Linder C, Grinberg S, Heldman E, et al. Delivery of proteins to the brain by bolaamphiphilic nano-sized vesicles. J Control Release. 2012;160:315-21 pubmed publisher..Brain ChE activity destabilizes the vesicles and releases the encapsulated protein, enabling its accumulation in the brain. ..
- Stern Bach Y, Keen J, Bejerano M, Steiner Mordoch S, Wallach M, Findlay J, et al. Homology of a vesicular amine transporter to a gene conferring resistance to 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:9730-3 pubmed
- Selvaraj N, Israeli D, Amsterdam A. Partial sequencing of the rat steroidogenic acute regulatory protein message from immortalized granulosa cells: regulation by gonadotropins and isoproterenol. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1996;123:171-7 pubmed..In addition, we find that the rat StAR cDNA exhibit a high degree of homology with the mouse and human sequences. ..
- Yeruham I, Friedman S, Perl S, Elad D, Berkovich Y, Kalgard Y. A herd level analysis of a Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis outbreak in a dairy cattle herd. Vet Dermatol. 2004;15:315-20 pubmed..The organism was isolated from milk samples of eight animals (25%). Clinical, epizootiological and microbiological aspects of the infection are described. ..
- Gonen E, Nedvetzki S, Naor D, Shpigel N. CD44 is highly expressed on milk neutrophils in bovine mastitis and plays a role in their adhesion to matrix and mammary epithelium. Vet Res. 2008;39:29 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that in mastitis CD44 plays a role in recruiting blood PMN into the mammary glands, the exact nature of this role needs to be elucidated...
- Sherman H, Froy O. Expression of human beta-defensin 1 is regulated via c-Myc and the biological clock. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:3163-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, hBD-1 expression is mediated by c-Myc and the CLOCK:BMAL1 heterodimer, whereas CRY1 expression represses this complex. These changes in hBD-1 levels lead to its circadian oscillation. ..
- Haviv H, Habeck M, Kanai R, Toyoshima C, Karlish S. Neutral phospholipids stimulate Na,K-ATPase activity: a specific lipid-protein interaction. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10073-81 pubmed publisher..Comparison of the phospholipid binding pockets in E2 and E1 conformations suggests a possible mechanism of stimulation of Na,K-ATPase activity by the neutral phospholipid. ..
- Nef P, Heldman J, Lazard D, Margalit T, Jaye M, Hanukoglu I, et al. Olfactory-specific cytochrome P-450. cDNA cloning of a novel neuroepithelial enzyme possibly involved in chemoreception. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:6780-5 pubmed..This, together with the specificity of cytochrome P-450olf1 to the sensory neuroepithelium, may indicate a role for this protein in olfactory reception. ..
- Berman A. Effects of body surface area estimates on predicted energy requirements and heat stress. J Dairy Sci. 2003;86:3605-10 pubmed..The second equation seems preferable for Holstein SA estimation since it is based on Holstein cattle data. It provides more adequate estimates of energy requirement in the cold and of heat stress relief needs for Holstein cattle. ..
- Levisohn S, Garazi S, Gerchman I, Brenner J. Diagnosis of a mixed mycoplasma infection associated with a severe outbreak of bovine pinkeye in young calves. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2004;16:579-81 pubmed..bovoculi and M. bovis resulted in ocular disease. A combination of microbiological, serological, and molecular diagnosticmethods was used to elucidate the etiology of the outbreak. ..
- Blum S, Freed M, Zukin N, Shwimmer A, Weissblit L, Khatib N, et al. Bovine subclinical mastitis caused by Mannheimia granulomatis. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2010;22:995-7 pubmed..Mannheimia granulomatis was isolated for 10 months from the milk of a cow with elevated somatic cell counts. The infection was self-limiting. Phenotypic and molecular characteristics of the isolate were determined...
- Zachut M, Arieli A, Moallem U. Incorporation of dietary n-3 fatty acids into ovarian compartments in dairy cows and the effects on hormonal and behavioral patterns around estrus. Reproduction. 2011;141:833-40 pubmed publisher..06). In conclusion, several modifications in hormonal and behavioral estrus patterns were demonstrated in cows fed n-3 FA, which might be attributed to alterations in membrane FA composition and partly mediated by lower PGE(2) synthesis. ..
- Reicher S, Gertler A, Seroussi E, Shpilman M, Gootwine E. Biochemical and in vitro biological significance of natural sequence variation in the ovine leptin gene. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;173:63-71 pubmed publisher..N78S (1.8-fold higher) and p.R138Q (4.2-fold lower) relative to the reference oLEP variant. ..
- Wechsler A, Teichberg V. Brain spectrin binding to the NMDA receptor is regulated by phosphorylation, calcium and calmodulin. EMBO J. 1998;17:3931-9 pubmed..The highly regulated linkage of the NMDA-R to spectrin may underlie the morphological changes that occur in neuronal dendrites concurrently with synaptic activity and plasticity. ..
- Ron M, Israeli G, Seroussi E, Weller J, Gregg J, Shani M, et al. Combining mouse mammary gland gene expression and comparative mapping for the identification of candidate genes for QTL of milk production traits in cattle. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:183 pubmed..Thus, cgQTL can be used to determine priority of candidate genes for QTN analysis based on differential expression in the target organ. ..
- Ohana B, Gershoni J. Comparison of the toxin binding sites of the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor from Drosophila to human. Biochemistry. 1990;29:6409-15 pubmed..A positive subsite followed by a hydrophobic patch preceding a nucleophilic domain appears to be required for efficient toxin binding. ..
- Mabjeesh S, Galindez J, Kroll O, Arieli A. The effect of roasting nonlinted whole cottonseed on milk production by dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2000;83:2557-63 pubmed..Milk production, milk fat content, and production, and milk protein yield increased when roasted, nonlinted whole cottonseed was included in the diet. Milk protein content was similar for both treatments, averaging 2.92%. ..
- Klipper E, Levy N, Gilboa T, Muller L, Meidan R. Identification of a novel alternatively spliced variant endothelin converting enzyme-1 lacking a transmembrane domain. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2006;231:723-8 pubmed..Presence of ECE-1sv in different cellular compartments than the full-length forms of the ECE-1 may suggest a distinct physiologic role for these proteins. ..
- Klein O, Savion N, Staroselsky A, Leibovici J. Cellular functions related to metastasis differing between low- and high-malignancy variants of AKR lymphoma. Pathobiology. 1992;60:157-62 pubmed..The level of heparinase was low in the two variant cells. Attachment to liver sections was, however, more efficient with the HM than with the LM cells...
- Yeruham I, Nir O, Braverman Y, Davidson M, Grinstein H, Haymovitch M, et al. Spread of lumpy skin disease in Israeli dairy herds. Vet Rec. 1995;137:91-3 pubmed..All the cattle and the small flocks of sheep and goats in the village were slaughtered...
- Assouline L, Fuss Z, Mazor Y, Weiss E. Bacterial penetration and proliferation in root canal dentinal tubules after applying dentin adhesives in vitro. J Endod. 2001;27:398-400 pubmed..After application with Gluma specimens showed the least viable bacteria in dentinal tubules. Data suggested that dentin adhesives reduced bacterial invasion into dentin and therefore have a potential role in endodontic treatment. ..
- Shkap V, Reske A, Pipano E, Fish L, Baszler T. Immunological relationship between Neospora caninum and Besnoitia besnoiti. Vet Parasitol. 2002;106:35-43 pubmed..caninum antigen was probed with B. besnoiti antiserum. Immunization and challenge experiments in the highly susceptible Mongolian gerbil (Meriones unguiculatus) showed essentially no cross-protection between N. caninum and B. besnoiti...
- Yeruham I, Sharir B, Yadin H, Tiomkin D, Chai D. Bovine ephemeral fever in beef cattle herds in the Jordan Valley, Israel. Vet Rec. 2003;152:86-8 pubmed
- Levy N, Gordin M, Smith M, Bolden Tiller O, Meidan R. Hormonal regulation and cell-specific expression of endothelin-converting enzyme 1 isoforms in bovine ovarian endothelial and steroidogenic cells. Biol Reprod. 2003;68:1361-8 pubmed..The hormonal regulation and intracellular localization of bovine ECE-1 isoforms revealed in this study may provide new insights into ET-1 biosynthesis and mode of action in different cellular microenvironments within the ovary. ..
- Yeruham I, van Ham M, Bar D, Yadin H, Tiomkin D. Economic aspects of the 1999 outbreak of bovine ephemeral fever in dairy cattle herds in the Jordan Valley in Israel. Vet Rec. 2003;153:180-2 pubmed
- Cohen M, Reichenstein M, Everts van der Wind A, Heon Lee J, Shani M, Lewin H, et al. Cloning and characterization of FAM13A1--a gene near a milk protein QTL on BTA6: evidence for population-wide linkage disequilibrium in Israeli Holsteins. Genomics. 2004;84:374-83 pubmed..Analysis of 400 bulls revealed a population-wide linkage disequilibrium between FAM13A1 polymorphisms and the QTL. ..
- Shtrasburg S, Gal R, Gruys E, Perl S, Martin B, Kaplan B, et al. An ancillary tool for the diagnosis of amyloid A amyloidosis in a variety of domestic and wild animals. Vet Pathol. 2005;42:132-9 pubmed..Moreover, our findings further increase the feasibility of applying this method in humans. ..
- Meidan R, Klipper E, Gilboa T, Muller L, Levy N. Endothelin-converting enzyme-1, abundance of isoforms a-d and identification of a novel alternatively spliced variant lacking a transmembrane domain. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:40867-74 pubmed..The presence of ECE-1sv in different cellular compartments than full-length forms of the enzyme may suggest a distinct physiological role for these proteins. ..
- Izigov N, Farzam N, Savion N. S-allylmercapto-N-acetylcysteine up-regulates cellular glutathione and protects vascular endothelial cells from oxidative stress. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;50:1131-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ASSNAC is superior to NAC in protecting cells from oxidative stress because of its ability to up-regulate both GSH and the expression of phase II detoxifying enzymes...
- Jami E, Mizrahi I. Similarity of the ruminal bacteria across individual lactating cows. Anaerobe. 2012;18:338-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, as suggested in similar recent studies of the human gut, a bovine rumen core microbiome does exist, but taxa abundance may vary greatly across animals. ..
- Malka Gibor E, Kornreich M, Laser Azogui A, Doron O, Zingerman Koladko I, Harapin J, et al. Phosphorylation-Induced Mechanical Regulation ofÂ Intrinsically Disordered Neurofilament Proteins. Biophys J. 2017;112:892-900 pubmed publisher..Using a model that explains the attractive electrostatic interactions induced by enzymatically added charges, we demonstrate that phosphorylation regulation is far richer and versatile than previously considered. ..
- Shkap V, Matuschka F, Yakobson B, Perl S, Frank M, Pipano E. Differentiating between Besnoitia besnoiti from cattle and Sarcocystis hoarensis from rodents. Parasitol Res. 1995;81:490-3 pubmed..B. besnoiti, therefore, can unambiguously be differentiated from S. hoarensis either by morphological or serological methods or on the basis of experimental comparisons of virulence in laboratory rodents...
- Yeruham I, Bernstein M, Perl S, Irlin S, Cohen A, Yacobson B, et al. Clinical and epizootiological study of a leptospirosis outbreak due to Leptospira canicola in a feedlot. J S Afr Vet Assoc. 1997;68:105-7 pubmed..Clinical disease was diagnosed in 4-8-month-old calves, while subclinical infection occurred in 9-12-month-old calves. Subclinical infection was based on serological evidence only. The zoonotic aspects of the infection are emphasised...
- Levy N, Gordin M, Mamluk R, Yanagisawa M, Smith M, Hampton J, et al. Distinct cellular localization and regulation of endothelin-1 and endothelin-converting enzyme-1 expression in the bovine corpus luteum: implications for luteolysis. Endocrinology. 2001;142:5254-60 pubmed..Low ECE-1 levels during the early luteal phase, restricting the production of active ET-1, may explain why the immature CL is able to withstand PGF(2 alpha)-induced luteolysis. ..
- Yeruham I, Braverman Y, Yadin H, van Ham M, Chai D, Tiomkin D, et al. Epidemiological investigations of outbreaks of bovine ephemeral fever in Israel. Vet Rec. 2002;151:117-21 pubmed..The vector(s) is not known for certain but the available evidence indicates that mosquitoes, and not Culicoides species, are the natural vectors of BEF virus in Israel...
- Feuermann Y, Mabjeesh S, Shamay A. Leptin affects prolactin action on milk protein and fat synthesis in the bovine mammary gland. J Dairy Sci. 2004;87:2941-6 pubmed..Our findings indicate that leptin plays an important role in mammary gland lactogenesis, and that the expression of leptin requires the presence of prolactin. ..
- Kisliouk T, Podlovni H, Meidan R. Unique expression and regulatory mechanisms of EG-VEGF/prokineticin-1 and its receptors in the corpus luteum. Ann Anat. 2005;187:529-37 pubmed..Nevertheless, the inverse regulation of EG-VEGF/PK1 and VEGF mRNA expression by ovarian cells and the distribution of its receptors may suggest that in addition to its angiogenic effects, EG-VEGF/PK-1 may also play other roles in ovary. ..
- Steinman A, Shpigel N, Mazar S, King R, Baneth G, Savitsky I, et al. Low seroprevalence of antibodies to Neospora caninum in wild canids in Israel. Vet Parasitol. 2006;137:155-8 pubmed
- Chaffer M, Baum M, Grinberg K, Molad T, Elad D. Application of PCR for detection of Clostridium botulinum type D in bovine samples. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2006;53:45-7 pubmed..botulinum type D according by clinical symptoms and bioassay resulted in expected PCR product ( approximately 497 bp) similar to the C. botulinum type D NCTC 8265 strain while the gene product was confirmed by sequence data...
- Yadin H, Brenner J, Bumbrov V, Oved Z, Stram Y, Klement E, et al. Epizootic haemorrhagic disease virus type 7 infection in cattle in Israel. Vet Rec. 2008;162:53-6 pubmed
- Gazit K, Moshonov S, Elfakess R, Sharon M, Mengus G, Davidson I, et al. TAF4/4b x TAF12 displays a unique mode of DNA binding and is required for core promoter function of a subset of genes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:26286-96 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that DNA binding by TAF4/4b-TAF12 facilitates the association of TFIID with the core promoter of a subset of genes. ..
- Ben Shabat M, Mikula I, Gerchman I, Lysnyansky I. Development and evaluation of a novel single-nucleotide-polymorphism real-time PCR assay for rapid detection of fluoroquinolone-resistant Mycoplasma bovis. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:2909-15 pubmed publisher..99% [GAT], and 98% [AAT]). Taken together, the data suggest that this SNP real-time PCR assay has potential as a routine diagnostic test for the detection of decreased susceptibility of M. bovis to fluoroquinolones...
- Lavon Y, Leitner G, Moallem U, Klipper E, Voet H, Jacoby S, et al. Immediate and carryover effects of Gram-negative and Gram-positive toxin-induced mastitis on follicular function in dairy cows. Theriogenology. 2011;76:942-53 pubmed publisher..aureus ex.-induced subclinical mastitis exhibited both immediate and carryover disruptive effects on preovulatory follicle function. ..
- Leitner G, Merin U, Krifucks O, Blum S, Rivas A, Silanikove N. Effects of intra-mammary bacterial infection with coagulase negative staphylococci and stage of lactation on shedding of epithelial cells and infiltration of leukocytes into milk: comparison among cows, goats and sheep. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2012;147:202-10 pubmed publisher..The cellular immune response to CNS infection was similar for the three animal species, although the number of cells was different, while the basal cell level at mid-lactation and especially at the end of lactation was species specific...
- Hanukoglu I, Gutfinger T. cDNA sequence of adrenodoxin reductase. Identification of NADP-binding sites in oxidoreductases. Eur J Biochem. 1989;180:479-84 pubmed..Thus, this sequence may be used for identification of a certain type of NADP-binding site of enzymes that show no significant sequence similarity. ..
- Sagiv Y, Legesse Miller A, Porat A, Elazar Z. GATE-16, a membrane transport modulator, interacts with NSF and the Golgi v-SNARE GOS-28. EMBO J. 2000;19:1494-504 pubmed..It also interacts with the Golgi v-SNARE GOS-28 in an NSF-dependent manner. We propose that GATE-16 modulates intra-Golgi transport through coupling between NSF activity and SNAREs activation. ..
- Yeruham I, Perl S, Elad D. Infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis and lymphofollicular hyperplasia of the third eyelid in heifers. J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health. 2001;48:137-41 pubmed..Moraxella bovis and N. ovis were the most common isolates. Hyperplasia of the lymphatic tissue of the third eyelid in the form of nodules 7-8 mm in diameter was diagnosed in two heifers aged 8 and 10 months...
- Molad T, Brayton K, Palmer G, Michaeli S, Shkap V. Molecular conservation of MSP4 and MSP5 in Anaplasma marginale and A. centrale vaccine strain. Vet Microbiol. 2004;100:55-64 pubmed..centrale and A. marginale. This conservation is consistent with the cross-protective immunity between A. marginale and A. centrale and supports the development of improved vaccines based upon common outer membrane proteins...
- Blum S, Mazuz M, Brenner J, Friedgut O, Koren O, Goshen T, et al. Effects of bovine necrotic vulvovaginitis on productivity in a dairy herd in Israel. Vet J. 2008;176:245-7 pubmed..None of the other variables included in this survey had any effect on the involuntary culling rate and milk yield...
- Boyman L, Hiller R, Lederer W, Khananshvili D. Direct Loading of the purified endogenous inhibitor into the cytoplasm of patched cardiomyocytes blocks the ion currents and calcium transport through the NCX1 protein. Biochemistry. 2008;47:6602-11 pubmed publisher..This may represent a new potential tool for developing novel treatments for cardiac Ca(2+) signaling dysfunction. ..
- Seroussi E. The concordance test emerges as a powerful tool for identifying quantitative trait nucleotides: lessons from BTA6 milk yield QTL. Anim Genet. 2009;40:230-4 pubmed publisher..If a given sample effectively represents the genetic variation across the QTL region, haplotype-based concordance may further enhance the functionality and resolution power of this test, allowing identification of the causative gene...
- Brenner J, Bellaiche M, Gross E, Elad D, Oved Z, Haimovitz M, et al. Appearance of skin lesions in cattle populations vaccinated against lumpy skin disease: statutory challenge. Vaccine. 2009;27:1500-3 pubmed publisher..6 and 33.7%, respectively). This data suggests that the potency of the vaccine need to be re-assessed for beef cattle...
- Shkap V, Pipano E, Marcus S, Krigel Y. Bovine besnoitiosis: transfer of colostral antibodies with observations possibly relating to natural transmission of the infection. Onderstepoort J Vet Res. 1994;61:273-5 pubmed..Observations concerning passive transfer of antibodies from Besnoitia-infected dams to offspring, and transmission of the infection among infected and non-infected closely kept cows, are discussed...
- Levi L, Hanukoglu I, Raikhinstein M, Kohen F, Koch Y. Cloning of LL5, a novel protein encoding cDNA from a rat pituitary library. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1216:342-4 pubmed..Scanning of DNA and protein databanks revealed no significant homology to any other sequence. Thus, this gene encodes a heretofore unidentified protein. ..
- Shpak C, Hiller R, Shpak B, Khananshvili D. The endogenous inhibitor of NCX1 does not resemble the properties of digitalis compound. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;308:114-9 pubmed..Obviously, more systematic studies are required in the future for resolving a possible interaction of the endogenous inhibitor of NCX1 with other ion-transport systems involved in calcium homeostasis and action potential...
- Stram Y, Kuznetzova L, Guini M, Rogel A, Meirom R, Chai D, et al. Detection and quantitation of akabane and aino viruses by multiplex real-time reverse-transcriptase PCR. J Virol Methods. 2004;116:147-54 pubmed..Using this system had shown that it could detect approximately 3-30 copies of viral S genome. ..
- Argov N, Moallem U, Sklan D. Lipid transport in the developing bovine follicle: messenger RNA expression increases for selective uptake receptors and decreases for endocytosis receptors. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:479-85 pubmed..Accumulation of LDL and VLDL particles in the follicular fluid of large antral follicles may enhance cholesterol availability for the intense steroidogenic activity that is essential at these stages. ..
- Golik M, Cohen Zinder M, Loor J, Drackley J, Band M, Lewin H, et al. Accelerated expansion of group IID-like phospholipase A2 genes in Bos taurus. Genomics. 2006;87:527-33 pubmed..The recent burst of duplication and divergence of the bovine PLA2G2D genes and their polymorphic nature are typical of innate immune response genes. ..
- Benhamron S, Nechushtan H, Verbovetski I, Krispin A, Abboud Jarrous G, Zcharia E, et al. Translocation of active heparanase to cell surface regulates degradation of extracellular matrix heparan sulfate upon transmigration of mature monocyte-derived dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2006;176:6417-24 pubmed..Because heparan sulfate glycosaminoglycans play a key role in the self-assembly, insolubility, and barrier properties of the ECM, the results of this study suggest that heparanase is a key enzyme in DC transmigration through the ECM. ..
- Blum S, Mazuz M, Brenner J, Friedgut O, Stram Y, Koren O, et al. Sample-based assessment of the microbial etiology of bovine necrotic vulvovaginitis. Theriogenology. 2007;68:290-3 pubmed..Thus the results of this study substantiate the essential role of P. levii in the etiology of BNVV and indicate that BHV4 is not required as a predisposing factor to the syndrome...
- Katz Y, Goldberg M, Zadik Mnuhin G, Leshno M, Heyman E. Cross-sensitization between milk proteins: reactivity to a "kosher" epitope?. Isr Med Assoc J. 2008;10:85-8 pubmed..Patients with proven IgE-mediated allergy to cow's milk can utilize the above findings to predict suitable alternative sources of milk. ..
- Prizant R, Barash I. Negative effects of the amino acids Lys, His, and Thr on S6K1 phosphorylation in mammary epithelial cells. J Cell Biochem. 2008;105:1038-47 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that positive and negative signaling from AA to the mTOR pathway, combined with modulation of insulin sensitization, mediate the synthesis rates of total and specific milk proteins in mammary epithelial cells. ..