Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cattle in Germany
Publications353 found, 100 shown here
- Beilke D, Weiss R, Lohr F, Pristovsek P, Hannemann F, Bernhardt R, et al. A new electron transport mechanism in mitochondrial steroid hydroxylase systems based on structural changes upon the reduction of adrenodoxin. Biochemistry. 2002;41:7969-78 pubmed..A new electron transport mechanism proceeding via a modified shuttle mechanism, with both monomers and dimers acting as electron carriers, is proposed. ..
- Attin T, Muller T, Patyk A, Lennon A. Influence of different bleaching systems on fracture toughness and hardness of enamel. Oper Dent. 2004;29:188-95 pubmed..Applying Opalescence 10% resulted in a significant reduction in FT compared to baseline. In the remaining groups, changes in FT were not statistically significant. ..
- Gebhard S, Poschl E, Riemer S, Bauer E, Hattori T, Eberspaecher H, et al. A highly conserved enhancer in mammalian type X collagen genes drives high levels of tissue-specific expression in hypertrophic cartilage in vitro and in vivo. Matrix Biol. 2004;23:309-22 pubmed..These established transgenic lines should facilitate the genetic analysis of regulatory pathways of chondrocyte maturation and Col10a1 gene expression in the future. ..
- Lorenz I. Investigations on the influence of serum D-lactate levels on clinical signs in calves with metabolic acidosis. Vet J. 2004;168:323-7 pubmed..Disturbances of the palpebral reflex appear to be almost completely caused by high levels of D-lactate. ..
- Lorenz I, Gentile A, Klee W. Investigations of D-lactate metabolism and the clinical signs of D-lactataemia in calves. Vet Rec. 2005;156:412-5 pubmed..One-compartment and two-compartment analyses of the changes in the plasma concentration of D-lactate, and its renal clearance, indicated that the calves metabolised considerable amounts of D-lactate. ..
- Schilling S, Cynis H, von Bohlen A, Hoffmann T, Wermann M, Heiser U, et al. Isolation, catalytic properties, and competitive inhibitors of the zinc-dependent murine glutaminyl cyclase. Biochemistry. 2005;44:13415-24 pubmed..Apparently, during evolution from an ancestral protease, a switch occurred in the catalytic mechanism which is mainly based on a loss of one metal binding site. ..
- Schlesinger J, van Harmelen V, Alberti Huber C, Hauner H. Albumin inhibits adipogenesis and stimulates cytokine release from human adipocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C27-33 pubmed..The results of the present study indicate that the presence of BSA in the culture medium has considerable effects on adipocyte function in vitro. These effects should be carefully considered for in vitro studies of adipose tissue. ..
- Julien S, Kociok N, Kreppel F, Kopitz J, Kochanek S, Biesemeier A, et al. Tyrosinase biosynthesis and trafficking in adult human retinal pigment epithelial cells. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2007;245:1495-505 pubmed
- Dempski R, Lustig J, Friedrich T, Bamberg E. Structural arrangement and conformational dynamics of the gamma subunit of the Na+/K+-ATPase. Biochemistry. 2008;47:257-66 pubmed..This result could be due to a perturbation in the K+ branch of the reaction cycle of the pump, representing a new way to inhibit the pump. ..
- Regenhard P, Petzl W, Zerbe H, Sauerwein H. The antibacterial psoriasin is induced by E. coli infection in the bovine udder. Vet Microbiol. 2010;143:293-8 pubmed publisher..Psoriasin thus appears to be a part of the local host defence mechanisms in the udder and seems to be inducible by infection with E. coli. ..
- Krappmann K, Weikard R, Gerst S, Wolf C, Kuhn C. A genetic predisposition for bovine neonatal pancytopenia is not due to mutations in coagulation factor XI. Vet J. 2011;190:225-9 pubmed publisher..0001) accumulation of BNP cases in the specific pedigree examined, suggesting that a genetic component is involved in the development of BNP. ..
- Schmidt W, Creutzfeldt W. Pancreastatin--a novel regulatory peptide?. Acta Oncol. 1991;30:441-9 pubmed..Whether or not pancreastatin can be classified as a novel peptide hormone that under physiological conditions plays a role in the regulation of the endocrine and exocrine pancreas, is still a matter of controversy. ..
- Schoeber S, Simon D, Schwenger B. Sequence of the cDNA encoding bovine uridine monophosphate synthase. Gene. 1993;124:307-8 pubmed..The sequence information will be used to analyse the molecular basis of the deficiency of UMPS (DUMPS) in cattle. ..
- Bathgate R, Balvers M, Hunt N, Ivell R. Relaxin-like factor gene is highly expressed in the bovine ovary of the cycle and pregnancy: sequence and messenger ribonucleic acid analysis. Biol Reprod. 1996;55:1452-7 pubmed
- Vogel T, Dechend F, Manz E, Jung C, Jakubiczka S, Fehr S, et al. Organization and expression of bovine TSPY. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:491-6 pubmed..Comparison with the human homolog shows the highest degree of similarity in the coding regions of exons 2, 3, and 4, which are also precisely conserved regarding their length. ..
- Marschall M, Meier Ewert H, Herrler G, Zimmer G, Maassab H. The cell receptor level is reduced during persistent infection with influenza C virus. Arch Virol. 1997;142:1155-64 pubmed..In accordance to related virus systems, these findings on influenza C virus suggest a role of cell receptor concentrations in the regulation of long-term persistence. ..
- Lorenz B, Migliaccio C, Lichtner P, Meyer C, Strom T, D Urso M, et al. Cloning and gene structure of the rod cGMP phosphodiesterase delta subunit gene (PDED) in man and mouse. Eur J Hum Genet. 1998;6:283-90 pubmed..A preliminary screen of all 5 exons in 20 unrelated patients with autosomal recessive retinitis pigmentosa revealed no PDED mutations. ..
- Walther N, Lioutas C, Tillmann G, Ivell R. Cloning of bovine estrogen receptor beta (ERbeta): expression of novel deleted isoforms in reproductive tissues. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1999;152:37-45 pubmed
- Buchholz U, Granzow H, Schuldt K, Whitehead S, Murphy B, Collins P. Chimeric bovine respiratory syncytial virus with glycoprotein gene substitutions from human respiratory syncytial virus (HRSV): effects on host range and evaluation as a live-attenuated HRSV vaccine. J Virol. 2000;74:1187-99 pubmed
- Scheele U, Kalthoff C, Ungewickell E. Multiple interactions of auxilin 1 with clathrin and the AP-2 adaptor complex. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36131-8 pubmed..The multiple protein-protein interactions of auxilin 1 suggest that its function in endocytic trafficking may be more complex than previously anticipated. ..
- Maidhof H, Guerra B, Abbas S, Elsheikha H, Whittam T, Beutin L. A multiresistant clone of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O118:[H16] is spread in cattle and humans over different European countries. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2002;68:5834-42 pubmed..Our data suggest that strains belonging to the STEC O118:[H16] clonal group have a characteristic propensity for acquisition and maintenance of resistance determinants, thus contrasting to STEC belonging to other serotypes. ..
- Trapp S, Osterrieder N, Keil G, Beer M. Mutagenesis of a bovine herpesvirus type 1 genome cloned as an infectious bacterial artificial chromosome: analysis of glycoprotein E and G double deletion mutants. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:301-6 pubmed..Our results suggested that gE and gG function independently from each other in cell-to-cell spread, because an additive effect on plaque formation was observed in the gE/gG double deletion mutant. ..
- Schams D, Kohlenberg S, Amselgruber W, Berisha B, Pfaffl M, Sinowatz F. Expression and localisation of oestrogen and progesterone receptors in the bovine mammary gland during development, function and involution. J Endocrinol. 2003;177:305-17 pubmed..In conclusion, the mRNA expression and protein data for ER and PR showed clear regulatory changes, suggesting involvement of these receptors in bovine mammary gland development and involution. ..
- Pfaffl M, Tichopad A, Prgomet C, Neuvians T. Determination of stable housekeeping genes, differentially regulated target genes and sample integrity: BestKeeper--Excel-based tool using pair-wise correlations. Biotechnol Lett. 2004;26:509-15 pubmed..The BestKeeper application and necessary information about data processing and handling can be downloaded on http://www.wzw.tum.de/gene-quantification/bestkeeper.html. ..
- Nuss K, Spiess A, Hilbe M, Sterr K, Reiser M, Matis U. Transient benign osteopetrosis in a calf persistently infected with bovine virus diarrhoea virus. Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol. 2005;18:100-4 pubmed..Osteopetrosis in humans is currently thought to have a genetical cause, whereas it appears to be associated with viral disease in animals. ..
- Lang M, Kann M, Zahner H, Taubert A, Hermosilla C. Inhibition of host cell apoptosis by Eimeria bovis sporozoites. Vet Parasitol. 2009;160:25-33 pubmed publisher..Our data show that E. bovis protects its host cell from apoptosis by increasing expression of c-IAP1 and c-FLIP...
- Tschoppe P, Zandim D, Sampaio J, Kielbassa A. Saliva substitute in combination with high-concentrated fluoride toothpaste: effects on demineralised dentin in vitro. J Dent. 2010;38:207-13 pubmed publisher..Under the conditions of this limited protocol, the combination of Saliva natura solutions slightly saturated with respect to OCP in combination with a high-concentrated fluoride toothpaste enabled remineralisation of dentin in vitro. ..
- Michael G, Kadlec K, Sweeney M, Brzuszkiewicz E, Liesegang H, Daniel R, et al. ICEPmu1, an integrative conjugative element (ICE) of Pasteurella multocida: structure and transfer. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012;67:91-100 pubmed publisher..In this study the multiresistance ICEPmu1 from bovine P. multocida was analysed for its core genes and its ability to conjugatively transfer into strains of the same and different genera...
- von Blanckenburg F, Noordmann J, Guelke Stelling M. The iron stable isotope fingerprint of the human diet. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:11893-9 pubmed publisher..3 and -1.5‰ for omnivores (female and male, respectively). Knowing these fractionation factors is a prerequisite for using stable iron isotope ratios in blood as monitors of intestinal iron uptake regulation. ..
- Schmidt A, Langbein L, Rode M, Prätzel S, Zimbelmann R, Franke W. Plakophilins 1a and 1b: widespread nuclear proteins recruited in specific epithelial cells as desmosomal plaque components. Cell Tissue Res. 1997;290:481-99 pubmed..Possible functions of plakophilins are discussed in relation to recent reports of the involvement of other members of the armadillo/plakoglobin multigene family of proteins in cell surface-gene regulation signalling pathways. ..
- Hauser S, Weich H. A heparin-binding form of placenta growth factor (PlGF-2) is expressed in human umbilical vein endothelial cells and in placenta. Growth Factors. 1993;9:259-68 pubmed..The occurrence of two molecular forms of this endothelial specific growth factor suggests different physiological roles of the two forms during placental development and differentiation. ..
- Lorenzen A, Fuss M, Vogt H, Schwabe U. Measurement of guanine nucleotide-binding protein activation by A1 adenosine receptor agonists in bovine brain membranes: stimulation of guanosine-5'-O-(3-[35S]thio)triphosphate binding. Mol Pharmacol. 1993;44:115-23 pubmed..In addition, both compounds induced a shift of A1 adenosine receptors from the high affinity state for agonists to the low affinity state. ..
- Buttner M, Belke Louis G, Rziha H, McInnes C, Kaaden O. Detection, cDNA cloning and sequencing of canine interleukin 12. Cytokine. 1998;10:241-8 pubmed
- Wittke K, Hajimiragha H, Dunemann L, Begerow J. Determination of dichloroanilines in human urine by GC-MS, GC-MS-MS, and GC-ECD as markers of low-level pesticide exposure. J Chromatogr B Biomed Sci Appl. 2001;755:215-28 pubmed..The 3,4-DCA levels in these urine samples ranged between 0.13 and 0.34 microg/g creatinine or 0.11 and 0.56 microg/l, while those for 3,5-DCA were between 0.39 and 3.33 microg/g creatinine or 0.17 and 1.17 microg/l...
- Henning K, Schares G, Granzow H, Polster U, Hartmann M, Hotzel H, et al. Neospora caninum and Waddlia chondrophila strain 2032/99 in a septic stillborn calf. Vet Microbiol. 2002;85:285-92 pubmed..chondrophila or a closely related organism...
- Kuhn C, Bennewitz J, Reinsch N, Xu N, Thomsen H, Looft C, et al. Quantitative trait loci mapping of functional traits in the German Holstein cattle population. J Dairy Sci. 2003;86:360-8 pubmed..Prior to implementation of these QTL in marker assisted selection programs for functional traits, information about direct and correlated effects of these QTL as well as fine mapping of their chromosomal positions is required. ..
- Kohler M, Kohler W. Zentralblatt für Bakteriologie--100 years ago: Victor Babe? and enzootic haemoglobinuria of cattle. Int J Med Microbiol. 2003;293:233-9 pubmed
- Weikard R, Kuhn C, Goldammer T, Freyer G, Schwerin M. The bovine PPARGC1A gene: molecular characterization and association of an SNP with variation of milk fat synthesis. Physiol Genomics. 2005;21:1-13 pubmed
- Friedrich R, Panizzi P, Kawabata S, Bode W, Bock P, Fuentes Prior P. Structural basis for reduced staphylocoagulase-mediated bovine prothrombin activation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:1188-95 pubmed
- Geue L, Selhorst T, Schnick C, Mintel B, Conraths F. Analysis of the clonal relationship of shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli serogroup O165:H25 isolated from cattle. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:2254-9 pubmed..The virulence marker pattern (stx genes, eae gene, hly(EHEC) gene, katP gene, espP gene, efa gene) suggests that E. coli O165:H25 of bovine origin may represent a risk for human infection. ..
- Meyer Lueckel H, Tschoppe P, Hopfenmuller W, Stenzel W, Kielbassa A. Effect of polymers used in saliva substitutes on demineralized bovine enamel and dentin. Am J Dent. 2006;19:308-12 pubmed..For the dentin specimens stored in the solution containing mucin/xylit the mineral loss was significantly decreased compared to the other mucin groups as well as to the CMC/xylit solution (P< 0.05; Bonferroni post hoc test). ..
- Hannig C, Becker K, Häusler N, Hoth Hannig W, Attin T, Hannig M. Protective effect of the in situ pellicle on dentin erosion - an ex vivo pilot study. Arch Oral Biol. 2007;52:444-9 pubmed..The aim of the present ex vivo study was to evaluate the erosive effects on pellicle coated dentin...
- Dartsch P. Effect of Asparagus-P on cell metabolism of cultured kidney and inflammation-mediating cells. Phytother Res. 2008;22:1477-81 pubmed publisher..This increases the information on the antiinflammatory efficacy of Asparagus-P as already shown by its potential to inactivate reactive oxygen radicals...
- Tschoppe P, Neumann K, Mueller J, Kielbassa A. Effect of fluoridated bleaching gels on the remineralization of predemineralized bovine enamel in vitro. J Dent. 2009;37:156-62 pubmed publisher..062). Application of NW-ACP induced significantly increased DeltaDeltaZ(surface) values compared to control (p=0.001). No supporting influence of fluoride-containing bleaching gels on remineralization could be observed. ..
- Günther J, Koczan D, Yang W, Nürnberg G, Repsilber D, Schuberth H, et al. Assessment of the immune capacity of mammary epithelial cells: comparison with mammary tissue after challenge with Escherichia coli. Vet Res. 2009;40:31 pubmed publisher..This functionally polarized regulation of the complex complement pathway is not reflected in the MEC models...
- Zehentgruber D, Hannemann F, Bleif S, Bernhardt R, Lutz S. Towards preparative scale steroid hydroxylation with cytochrome P450 monooxygenase CYP106A2. Chembiochem. 2010;11:713-21 pubmed publisher..5 g L(-1) d(-1). Product extraction with absorber resins allowed the recovery of quantitative amounts of 15beta-OH-progesterone and 15beta-OH-testosterone and also the reuse of the biocatalyst. ..
- Albrecht E, Komolka K, Kuzinski J, Maak S. Agouti revisited: transcript quantification of the ASIP gene in bovine tissues related to protein expression and localization. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35282 pubmed publisher..ASIP protein is detectable in adipocytes as well as in further cells of adipose tissue. We generated a basis for a more detailed investigation of ASIP function in peripheral tissues of various mammalian species. ..
- Walther S, Czerny C, Diesterbeck U. Exceptionally long CDR3H are not isotype restricted in bovine immunoglobulins. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64234 pubmed publisher..Thus, the existence of the two bovine families suggested was demonstrated, where boVH1 comprises all functional segments. This study substantially improves the understanding of the generation of immunoglobulin diversity in cattle. ..
- Killat J, Reimers K, Choi C, Jahn S, Vogt P, Radtke C. Cultivation of keratinocytes and fibroblasts in a three-dimensional bovine collagen-elastin matrix (Matriderm®) and application for full thickness wound coverage in vivo. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:14460-74 pubmed publisher..Based on this study, future investigations are planned to examine behaviour of epidermal stem cells injected into a collagen-elastin matrix under the aspects of establishment of stem cell niches and differentiation. ..
- Blottner S, Pitra C, Berger U. Y-chromosome-specific fluorescence (f-body) of poorly decondensed bovine spermatozoa. Andrologia. 1992;24:255-9 pubmed..The applicability of the f-body test to quantification of Y spermatozoa in experimental separation of androspermatozoa and gynospermatozoa is discussed and is demonstrated by an example. ..
- Kaiser K, Stelzer G, Meisterernst M. The coactivator p15 (PC4) initiates transcriptional activation during TFIIA-TFIID-promoter complex formation. EMBO J. 1995;14:3520-7 pubmed..At limiting TFIID concentrations, the number of DA complexes is enhanced. The activator also stimulates transcription moderately after DA complex formation, independently of the concentrations of general transcription factors. ..
- Borchers T, Hohoff C, Buhlmann C, Spener F. Heart-type fatty acid binding protein - involvement in growth inhibition and differentiation. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 1997;57:77-84 pubmed..This argues against an active role of H-FABP in muscle development unlike the situation in the mammary gland. ..
- Kielbassa A, Beetz I, Schendera A, Hellwig E. Irradiation effects on microhardness of fluoridated and non-fluoridated bovine dentin. Eur J Oral Sci. 1997;105:444-7 pubmed..Fluoridation with acidic gels decreases microhardness of dentin surface, and does not prevent softening due to radiation, when saliva is absent. ..
- Hannig M. Transmission electron microscopy of early plaque formation on dental materials in vivo. Eur J Oral Sci. 1999;107:55-64 pubmed..These findings may be ascribed to the presence of the pellicle layer, which apparently masks any difference among materials, with regard to surface properties and biocompatibility...
- Vogel R, Siebert F, Mathias G, Tavan P, Fan G, Sheves M. Deactivation of rhodopsin in the transition from the signaling state meta II to meta III involves a thermal isomerization of the retinal chromophore C[double bond]D. Biochemistry. 2003;42:9863-74 pubmed..In the long term, Meta III decays likewise to opsin and free retinal by slow hydrolysis of the Schiff base. ..
- Trendelenburg A, Philipp M, Meyer A, Klebroff W, Hein L, Starke K. All three alpha2-adrenoceptor types serve as autoreceptors in postganglionic sympathetic neurons. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2003;368:504-12 pubmed..They are also activated by previously released noradrenaline. The two-alpha(2)-autoreceptor hypothesis has to be replaced by a three-autoreceptor hypothesis for postganglionic sympathetic neurons. ..
- Schaufuss P, Brasch J, Steller U. Dermatophytes can trigger cooperative (CAMP-like) haemolytic reactions. Br J Dermatol. 2005;153:584-90 pubmed..This is a new observation of potential relevance for the pathogenesis of skin infections. The membrane-damaging factors released by dermatophytes should be further analysed. ..
- Wiener E, Woertler K, Weirich G, Rummeny E, Settles M. Contrast enhanced cartilage imaging: Comparison of ionic and non-ionic contrast agents. Eur J Radiol. 2007;63:110-9 pubmed..In addition, DeltaR(2) can be considered for quantification of contrast agent concentrations, since it is of the same magnitude and less time consuming to measure than DeltaR(1). ..
- Seitz R, von Auer F, Blümel J, Burger R, Buschmann A, Dietz K, et al. Impact of vCJD on blood supply. Biologicals. 2007;35:79-97 pubmed..Therefore, an exclusion of transfusion recipients was not recommended in Germany. ..
- Meyer B, Wittig I, Trifilieff E, Karas M, Schagger H. Identification of two proteins associated with mammalian ATP synthase. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1690-9 pubmed..The second one had been denoted as diabetes-associated protein in insulin-sensitive tissue (DAPIT), which may provide a clue for further functional and clinical investigations. ..
- Deissler H, Kuhn E, Lang G, Deissler H. Tetraspanin CD9 is involved in the migration of retinal microvascular endothelial cells. Int J Mol Med. 2007;20:643-52 pubmed..In summary, iBREC express members of the tetraspanin family of which CD9 was demonstrated to have a function in migration and adhesion of these cells. ..
- Eichler W, Reiche A, Yafai Y, Lange J, Wiedemann P. Growth-related effects of oxidant-induced stress on cultured RPE and choroidal endothelial cells. Exp Eye Res. 2008;87:342-8 pubmed publisher..However, increased bFGF levels concomitantly released from RPE cells may attenuate the CEC-directed effect, protect CECs from oxidative insults, and are likely to promote CNV. ..
- Baroth M, Peters Y, Schönbrunner E, Behrens S. Stable recombinants of bovine viral diarrhea virus containing a hepatitis C virus insert. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:1213-7 pubmed publisher..The generation of such BVDV recombinants is relevant for several applications. ..
- Jacobsen B, Hermeyer K, Jechlinger W, Zimmermann M, Spergser J, Rosengarten R, et al. In situ hybridization for the detection of Mycoplasma bovis in paraffin-embedded lung tissue from experimentally infected calves. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2010;22:90-3 pubmed..bovis DNA in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded lung tissue and may be a valuable tool for diagnostic purposes and for further investigating the pathogenesis of M. bovis infection...
- Herdmann A, MARTIN J, Nuernberg G, Dannenberger D, Nuernberg K. Effect of dietary n-3 and n-6 PUFA on lipid composition of different tissues of German Holstein bulls and the fate of bioactive fatty acids during processing. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:8314-21 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, there was no loss of n-3 fatty acids during processing under production conditions. Conclusively, the n-6/n-3 fatty acid ratio was beneficially low. ..
- Shi X, Liu S, Metges C, Seyfert H. C/EBP-beta drives expression of the nutritionally regulated promoter IA of the acetyl-CoA carboxylase-alpha gene in cattle. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1799:561-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, activity of this factor may be a key regulator of ACC-alpha-expression in lipogenic tissues. ..
- Fessler A, Kadlec K, Schwarz S. Novel apramycin resistance gene apmA in bovine and porcine methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus ST398 isolates. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:373-5 pubmed publisher..NsiI deletion of apmA resulted in a 16- to 32-fold decrease in the apramycin MICs. An apmA-specific PCR identified this gene in one additional bovine and four porcine MRSA ST398 isolates...
- Khatri P, Frenette G, Sullivan R, Hoffmann B, Schuler G. Expression of SULT1E1 protein in bovine placentomes: evidence for localization in uninucleated trophoblast cells. Placenta. 2011;32:431-40 pubmed publisher..Bovine pregnancy-associated estrogens produced in trophoblast giant cells are predominantly sulfonated in uninucleated trophoblast cells. ..
- Al Dahouk S, Nockler K. Implications of laboratory diagnosis on brucellosis therapy. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2011;9:833-45 pubmed publisher..The aim of this article is to review and discuss the implications of laboratory test results in the diagnosis of human brucellosis on disease therapy...
- Lattwein E, Klemens O, Schwindt S, Becher P, Tautz N. Pestivirus virion morphogenesis in the absence of uncleaved nonstructural protein 2-3. J Virol. 2012;86:427-37 pubmed publisher..These findings challenge a previously accepted dogma for pestivirus replication and provide new implications for virion morphogenesis of pestiviruses and HCV...
- Hülsmann J, Grün K, El Amouri S, Barth M, Hornung K, Holzfuß C, et al. Transplantation material bovine pericardium: biomechanical and immunogenic characteristics after decellularization vs. glutaraldehyde-fixing. Xenotransplantation. 2012;19:286-97 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, decellularized BP holds the potential of cellular repopulation in vivo or in vitro, to enable an endogenous regenerative capacity in contrast to the toxic effects of GA fixing. ..
- Sussulini A, Wiener E, Marnitz T, Wu B, Müller B, Hamm B, et al. Quantitative imaging of the tissue contrast agent [Gd(DTPA)]²? in articular cartilage by laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Contrast Media Mol Imaging. 2013;8:204-9 pubmed publisher..In the present work, it is shown for the first time that LA-ICP-MS can be applied to validate the results from quantitative gadolinium-enhanced MRI technique of articular cartilage. ..
- Laeger T, Sauerwein H, Tuchscherer A, Bellmann O, Metges C, Kuhla B. Concentrations of hormones and metabolites in cerebrospinal fluid and plasma of dairy cows during the periparturient period. J Dairy Sci. 2013;96:2883-93 pubmed publisher..Moreover, due to their known anorexic effect, BHBA and Leu may potentially act as central signals and thereby suppress a sufficient increase in FI during early lactation. ..
- Eichelberger M, Couzens L, Gao Y, Levine M, Katz J, Wagner R, et al. Comparability of neuraminidase inhibition antibody titers measured by enzyme-linked lectin assay (ELLA) for the analysis of influenza vaccine immunogenicity. Vaccine. 2016;34:458-465 pubmed publisher..This study identified background signal and the amount of antigen in the assay as critical factors that influence titer, providing important information toward development of a consensus ELLA protocol. ..
- Berlet H, Bischoff H, Weinhardt F. Divalent metals of myelin and their differential binding by myelin basic protein of bovine central nervous system. Neurosci Lett. 1994;179:75-8 pubmed..The results are indicative of differential metal affinity of MBP which may account for the immobilization or anchoring of MBP in myelin by zinc and other divalent metal cations. ..
- Hewicker Trautwein M, Trautwein G. Porencephaly, hydranencephaly and leukoencephalopathy in ovine fetuses following transplacental infection with bovine virus diarrhoea virus: distribution of viral antigen and characterization of cellular response. Acta Neuropathol. 1994;87:385-97 pubmed..In fetuses studied between 32 and 80 days p.i. porencephaly, hydranencephaly and leukoencephalomalacic lesions were present. In brain tissue of these fetuses, with the exception of two cases, BVD viral antigen was no longer detected...
- Vanetti M, Schönrock C, Meyerhof W, Hollt V. Molecular cloning of a bovine MSH receptor which is highly expressed in the testis. FEBS Lett. 1994;348:268-72 pubmed..Northern blot analysis of bovine tissues revealed that the BDF3 gene is highly expressed in the testis as a single 2.3 kb mRNA species, suggesting an involvement of the BDF3 receptor in spermatogenesis. ..
- Jakubiczka S, Schnieders F, Schmidtke J. A bovine homologue of the human TSPY gene. Genomics. 1993;17:732-5 pubmed..The clone isolated from the bovine genome has two regions that are highly conserved between homo and bos. One stretch of DNA is homologous in 45 of 51 bp (88%), and the other stretch shares 71 of 100 bp (71%). ..
- Heid H, Moll R, Schwetlick I, Rackwitz H, Keenan T. Adipophilin is a specific marker of lipid accumulation in diverse cell types and diseases. Cell Tissue Res. 1998;294:309-21 pubmed..Our results reveal adipophilin as a possible new marker for the identification of specialized differentiated cells containing lipid droplets and for diseases associated with fat-accumulating cells. ..
- Meyer L, Brockmann G, Schwerin M, Seyfert H. A highly polymorphic GT-repeat in the bovine STAT5B encoding gene on BTA19. Anim Genet. 1999;30:72 pubmed
- Farr M, Pieper M, Calvete J, Tschesche H. The N-terminus of collagenase MMP-8 determines superactivity and inhibition: a relation of structure and function analyzed by biomolecular interaction analysis. Biochemistry. 1999;38:7332-8 pubmed..Therefore superactivation of MMP-8 correlates with weaker inhibition by TIMP-2. ..
- Klatt A, Nitsche D, Kobbe B, Morgelin M, Paulsson M, Wagener R. Molecular structure and tissue distribution of matrilin-3, a filament-forming extracellular matrix protein expressed during skeletal development. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3999-4006 pubmed..In trachea and in costal cartilage of adult mice, an expression was seen in the perichondrium. Furthermore, matrilin-3 is found in bone, and its expression is, therefore, not restricted to chondroblasts and chondrocytes. ..
- Pietrowski D, Forster M. Complete cDNA sequence and amino acid analysis of a bovine ribonuclease K6 gene. DNA Seq. 2000;11:137-43 pubmed..Based on sequence similarity we have termed the identified gene bovine ribonuclease k6 b (brk6b). ..