Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cation transport proteins in Israel
Topic: cation transport proteins
- Flannick J, Thorleifsson G, Beer N, Jacobs S, Grarup N, Burtt N, et al. Loss-of-function mutations in SLC30A8 protect against type 2 diabetes. Nat Genet. 2014;46:357-63 pubmed publisher..In contrast, loss-of-function mutations in humans provide strong evidence that SLC30A8 haploinsufficiency protects against T2D, suggesting ZnT8 inhibition as a therapeutic strategy in T2D prevention. ..
- Carey L, van Dijk D, Sloot P, Kaandorp J, Segal E. Promoter sequence determines the relationship between expression level and noise. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001528 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we show that the precise amount by which noise changes with expression is specific to the regulatory mechanism of transcription and translation that acts at each gene. ..
- Beharier O, Dror S, Levy S, Kahn J, Mor M, Etzion S, et al. ZnT-1 protects HL-1 cells from simulated ischemia-reperfusion through activation of Ras-ERK signaling. J Mol Med (Berl). 2012;90:127-38 pubmed publisher..However, following reperfusion ZnT-1 levels were found to be decreased. Our findings indicate that ZnT-1 may have important role in the ischemic myocardium through its ability to interact with Raf-1 kinase. ..
- Karol N, Brodski C, Bibi Y, Kaisman T, Forberg M, Hershfinkel M, et al. Zinc homeostatic proteins in the CNS are regulated by crosstalk between extracellular and intracellular zinc. J Cell Physiol. 2010;224:567-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the conclusion that ZHP expression is regulated by crosstalk between synaptic and intracellular pools of Zn(2+). ..
- Kaisman Elbaz T, Sekler I, Fishman D, Karol N, Forberg M, Kahn N, et al. Cell death induced by zinc and cadmium is mediated by clusterin in cultured mouse seminiferous tubules. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:222-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Zn(2+) and Cd(2+) influx induce expression and secretion of clusterin, thereby linking metal homeostasis and germ cell fate...
- Etzion Y, Ganiel A, Beharier O, Shalev A, Novack V, Volvich L, et al. Correlation between atrial ZnT-1 expression and atrial fibrillation in humans: a pilot study. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2008;19:157-64 pubmed..62, 0.31; P = 0.002, P = 0.04, respectively). This pilot study provides evidence for increased ZnT-1 expression in the atria of patients with atrial fibrillation. ..
- Beharier O, Etzion Y, Katz A, Friedman H, Tenbosh N, Zacharish S, et al. Crosstalk between L-type calcium channels and ZnT-1, a new player in rate-dependent cardiac electrical remodeling. Cell Calcium. 2007;42:71-82 pubmed
- Tako E, Ferket P, Uni Z. Changes in chicken intestinal zinc exporter mRNA expression and small intestinal functionality following intra-amniotic zinc-methionine administration. J Nutr Biochem. 2005;16:339-46 pubmed..These results suggest that ZnMet administration into prenatal intestine via injection into the amniotic fluid enhances intestinal development and improves its functionality. ..
- Gruper Y, Bar J, Bacharach E, Ehrlich R. Transferrin receptor co-localizes and interacts with the hemochromatosis factor (HFE) and the divalent metal transporter-1 (DMT1) in trophoblast cells. J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:901-12 pubmed..Based on previous and these data we suggest that the level of intracellular iron may regulate both TfR expression (on the post-transcriptional and the post-translational levels) and TfR trafficking/transcytosis in polarized cells. ..
- Erez O, Kahana C. Deletions of SKY1 or PTK2 in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae trk1Deltatrk2Delta mutant cells exert dual effect on ion homeostasis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;295:1142-9 pubmed..A model that integrates these results to explain the mechanism of ion transport across the plasma membrane is proposed. ..
- Kalinsky H, Funes A, Zeldin A, Pel Or Y, Korostishevsky M, Gershoni Baruch R, et al. Novel ATP7B mutations causing Wilson disease in several Israeli ethnic groups. Hum Mutat. 1998;11:145-51 pubmed..Identification of all WD mutations will undoubtedly increase our understanding of the normal function of ATP7B as well as lead to more accurate prognosis and genetic counseling. ..