Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cation transport proteins in Germany
Topic: cation transport proteins
Publications124 found, 100 shown here
- Bertrand J, Altendorf K, Bramkamp M. Amino acid substitutions in putative selectivity filter regions III and IV in KdpA alter ion selectivity of the KdpFABC complex from Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:5519-22 pubmed..Replacement of the glycine residues in KdpA at positions 345 and 470, members of putative selectivity filter regions III and IV, alters the ion selectivity of the KdpFABC complex. ..
- Yuan L, Loque D, Kojima S, Rauch S, Ishiyama K, Inoue E, et al. The organization of high-affinity ammonium uptake in Arabidopsis roots depends on the spatial arrangement and biochemical properties of AMT1-type transporters. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2636-52 pubmed
- Simm A, Friedrich I, Scheubel R, Gursinsky T, Silber R, Bartling B. Age dependency of the cariporide-mediated cardio-protection after simulated ischemia in isolated human atrial heart muscles. Exp Gerontol. 2008;43:691-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, cariporide is protective against ischemia-reperfusion injury in mature human hearts but has no benefit on the post-ischemic functional recovery of the aging myocardium. ..
- Ciarimboli G, Deuster D, Knief A, Sperling M, Holtkamp M, Edemir B, et al. Organic cation transporter 2 mediates cisplatin-induced oto- and nephrotoxicity and is a target for protective interventions. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1169-80 pubmed publisher..These findings are very important to establish chemotherapeutical protocols aimed to maximize the antineoplastic effect of cisplatin while reducing the risk of toxicities. ..
- Stock C, Ludwig F, Schwab A. Is the multifunctional Na(+)/H(+) exchanger isoform 1 a potential therapeutic target in cancer?. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:647-60 pubmed..Consequently, NHE1 including its regulators may represent potential targets in anticancer therapy. Different NHE1 inhibitors are compared and possible clinical exploitations of NHE1 inhibition are discussed. ..
- Daaboul D, Rosenkranz E, Uciechowski P, Rink L. Repletion of zinc in zinc-deficient cells strongly up-regulates IL-1?-induced IL-2 production in T-cells. Metallomics. 2012;4:1088-97 pubmed..In conclusion, low and excessive zinc levels might be equally problematic for zinc-deficient subjects, and stabilized zinc levels seem to be essential to avoid negative concentration-dependent zinc effects on T-cell activation. ..
- Schweigel M, Kolisek M, Nikolic Z, Kuzinski J. Expression and functional activity of the Na/Mg exchanger, TRPM7 and MagT1 are changed to regulate Mg homeostasis and transport in rumen epithelial cells. Magnes Res. 2008;21:118-23 pubmed..The latter responses permit adaptation of epithelial Mg absorption and enable REC to maintain a physiological [Mg2+]i which is a prerequisite for various cell functions. ..
- Gassel M, Siebers A, Epstein W, Altendorf K. Assembly of the Kdp complex, the multi-subunit K+-transport ATPase of Escherichia coli. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1415:77-84 pubmed..A structure in which KdpC could be one of the connecting links between the energy-delivering subunit KdpB and the K+-transporting subunit KdpA is suggested by these data. ..
- Bach J, Kumar N, Depboylu C, Noelker C, Klockgether T, Bacher M, et al. Copper deficiency associated with severe neurological disorder--a genetic work-up of possible mutations in copper transport proteins. J Neurol Sci. 2010;291:95-7 pubmed publisher..Owing to the severity of the disease further research is required to elucidate the mechanisms leading to copper deficiency. ..
- Philipp S, Cavalie A, Freichel M, Wissenbach U, Zimmer S, Trost C, et al. A mammalian capacitative calcium entry channel homologous to Drosophila TRP and TRPL. EMBO J. 1996;15:6166-71 pubmed..The expressed CCE channel opens upon depletion of Ca2+ stores by InsP3 or thapsigargin, suggesting that the newly identified channel supports the CCE coupled to InsP3 signalling. ..
- Eckhardt U, Mas Marques A, Buckhout T. Two iron-regulated cation transporters from tomato complement metal uptake-deficient yeast mutants. Plant Mol Biol. 2001;45:437-48 pubmed..The gene structure was determined by polymerase chain reaction experiments and, surprisingly, both genes are arranged in tandem with a tail-to-tail orientation. ..
- Simon I, Schaefer M, Reichert J, Stremmel W. Analysis of the human Atox 1 homologue in Wilson patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:2383-7 pubmed..Based on the data of this study, no major role can be attributed to Atox1 in the pathophysiology or clinical variation of Wilson disease. ..
- Altendorf K, Gassel M, Puppe W, Möllenkamp T, Zeeck A, Boddien C, et al. Structure and function of the Kdp-ATPase of Escherichia coli. Acta Physiol Scand Suppl. 1998;643:137-46 pubmed..Using this compound labeling of KdpA and KdpB, but not of KdpC, could be shown with the purified complex. When everted vesicles were used only KdpB could be labeled. ..
- Becker D, Blase C, Bereiter Hahn J, Jendrach M. TRPV4 exhibits a functional role in cell-volume regulation. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2435-40 pubmed..RVD of TRPV4-transfected CHO cells was significantly reduced by Gd3+ treatment or in Ca2+-free solution. Taken together, these results show a direct participation of TRPV4 in RVD. ..
- Zischka H, Lichtmannegger J, Schmitt S, Jägemann N, Schulz S, Wartini D, et al. Liver mitochondrial membrane crosslinking and destruction in a rat model of Wilson disease. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:1508-18 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that the mitochondrion constitutes a pivotal target of copper in WD. ..
- Gunzel D, Kucharski L, Kehres D, Romero M, Maguire M. The MgtC virulence factor of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium activates Na(+),K(+)-ATPase. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:5586-94 pubmed..These results suggest that the serovar Typhimurium MgtC protein may be involved in regulating membrane potential but does not directly transport Mg(2+) or another ion. ..
- Thomas D, Zhang W, Wu K, Wimmer A, Gut B, Wendt Nordahl G, et al. Regulation of HERG potassium channel activation by protein kinase C independent of direct phosphorylation of the channel protein. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;59:14-26 pubmed..The molecular mechanisms of this PKC-dependent process are not completely understood but do not depend on direct PKC-dependent phosphorylation of the channel. ..
- Vujic Spasic M, Kiss J, Herrmann T, Kessler R, Stolte J, Galy B, et al. Physiologic systemic iron metabolism in mice deficient for duodenal Hfe. Blood. 2007;109:4511-7 pubmed
- Brunker P, Rother D, Sedlmeier R, Klein J, Mattes R, Altenbuchner J. Regulation of the operon responsible for broad-spectrum mercury resistance in Streptomyces lividans 1326. Mol Gen Genet. 1996;251:307-15 pubmed..MerR, produced in Escherichia coli, bound to two sites (operators) in the fragment containing the promoter region between merA and merR. Addition of mercuric ions and phenylmercuric acetate prevented the binding of MerR. ..
- Ha Hao D, Merle U, Hofmann C, Wesch H, Doll J, Auburger G, et al. Chances and shortcomins of adenovirus-mediated ATP7B gene transfer in Wilson disease: proof of principle demonstrated in a pilot study with LEC rats. Z Gastroenterol. 2002;40:209-16 pubmed
- Stüwe L, Muller M, Fabian A, Waning J, Mally S, Noël J, et al. pH dependence of melanoma cell migration: protons extruded by NHE1 dominate protons of the bulk solution. J Physiol. 2007;585:351-60 pubmed..A missing proton gradient at the cell surface cannot be compensated for by varying pHe. ..
- Forchhammer K. P(II) signal transducers: novel functional and structural insights. Trends Microbiol. 2008;16:65-72 pubmed publisher..This review presents recent progress in the elucidation of novel P(II) functions and in gaining novel structural insights into how the signals convert the P(II) states and how the activity of targets is affected by P(II) interaction. ..
- Schniederberend M, Zimmann P, Bogdanov M, Dowhan W, Altendorf K. Influence of K+-dependent membrane lipid composition on the expression of the kdpFABC operon in Escherichia coli. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1798:32-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that kinase activity of KdpD is stimulated in its native membrane environment by fusion with liposomes of anionic, but reduced with liposomes of zwitterionic phospholipids. ..
- Schmitz J, Tierbach A, Lenz H, Meschenmoser K, Knoop V. Membrane protein interactions between different Arabidopsis thaliana MRS2-type magnesium transporters are highly permissive. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1828:2032-40 pubmed publisher..Plant magnesium homeostasis may be influenced by hetero-oligomer channel formation where different plant MRS2 proteins meet in the same membrane naturally or in transgenic approaches. ..
- Ahnert F, Schmid R, Altendorf K, Greie J. ATP binding properties of the soluble part of the KdpC subunit from the Escherichia coli K(+)-transporting KdpFABC P-type ATPase. Biochemistry. 2006;45:11038-46 pubmed..On the basis of these findings, a cooperative model in which the soluble part of KdpC activates catalysis of KdpB is suggested. ..
- Mulkidjanian A, Makarova K, Galperin M, Koonin E. Inventing the dynamo machine: the evolution of the F-type and V-type ATPases. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2007;5:892-9 pubmed..We suggest that in these ancestral translocases, the position of the central stalk was occupied by the translocated polymer. ..
- Sauer V, Siaj R, Stöppeler S, Bahde R, Spiegel H, Kohler G, et al. Repeated transplantation of hepatocytes prevents fulminant hepatitis in a rat model of Wilson's disease. Liver Transpl. 2012;18:248-59 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that repeated cell transplantation can overcome the limitations of a single therapy session in rats with severe hepatic disease by functionally restoring the host liver without preconditioning. ..
- Scheiber I, Schmidt M, Dringen R. Copper export from cultured astrocytes. Neurochem Int. 2012;60:292-300 pubmed publisher..The potential of cultured astrocytes to export copper suggests that astrocytes provide neighbouring cells in brain with this essential trace element. ..
- Schuh K, Uldrijan S, Telkamp M, Rothlein N, Neyses L. The plasmamembrane calmodulin-dependent calcium pump: a major regulator of nitric oxide synthase I. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:201-5 pubmed..Elucidation of PMCA as an interaction partner and major regulator of NOS-I provides evidence for a new dimension of integration between calcium and NO signaling pathways. ..
- Pereverzev A, Salehi A, Mikhna M, Renstrom E, Hescheler J, Weiergräber M, et al. The ablation of the Ca(v)2.3/E-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channel causes a mild phenotype despite an altered glucose induced glucagon response in isolated islets of Langerhans. Eur J Pharmacol. 2005;511:65-72 pubmed..This was most obvious at the level of isolated islets suggesting that Ca(v)2.3 containing R-type voltage-gated Ca2+ channels are involved in the glucose-mediated signalling to glucagon release in mice. ..
- Merle U, Encke J, Tuma S, Volkmann M, Naldini L, Stremmel W. Lentiviral gene transfer ameliorates disease progression in Long-Evans cinnamon rats: an animal model for Wilson disease. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2006;41:974-82 pubmed..The aim of this pilot study was to prove the principle of a lentiviral gene transfer in the Long-Evans cinnamon (LEC) rat, an animal model of Wilson disease...
- Loque D, Yuan L, Kojima S, Gojon A, Wirth J, Gazzarrini S, et al. Additive contribution of AMT1;1 and AMT1;3 to high-affinity ammonium uptake across the plasma membrane of nitrogen-deficient Arabidopsis roots. Plant J. 2006;48:522-34 pubmed..These results suggest an additive contribution of AMT1;1 and AMT1;3 to the overall ammonium uptake capacity in Arabidopsis roots under nitrogen-deficiency conditions. ..
- Eisenbach C, Sieg O, Stremmel W, Encke J, Merle U. Diagnostic criteria for acute liver failure due to Wilson disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:1711-4 pubmed..The need for liver transplantation should be evaluated carefully as the prognosis is not necessarily fatal. ..
- Siapich S, Banat M, Albanna W, Hescheler J, Lüke M, Schneider T. Antagonists of ionotropic gamma-aminobutyric acid receptors impair the NiCl2-mediated stimulation of the electroretinogram b-wave amplitude from the isolated superfused vertebrate retina. Acta Ophthalmol. 2009;87:854-65 pubmed publisher..The stimulatory effect of NiCl(2) on the ERG b-wave amplitude is mainly, but not only, mediated by a NiCl(2)-sensitive, Ca(v)2.3-triggered GABA release acting through ionotropic GABA-A and GABA-C receptors. ..
- Ochrombel I, Ott L, Kramer R, Burkovski A, Marin K. Impact of improved potassium accumulation on pH homeostasis, membrane potential adjustment and survival of Corynebacterium glutamicum. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1807:444-50 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the occurrence of active potassium transport systems correlates with an improved potassium-dependent bioenergetic homeostasis and survival of bacterial cells under stress conditions. ..
- Treuner Lange A, Kuhn A, D rre P. The kdp system of Clostridium acetobutylicum: cloning, sequencing, and transcriptional regulation in response to potassium concentration. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:4501-12 pubmed..Except for the two small peptides, all gene products could be detected in in vitro transcription-translation experiments...
- Rahlfs S, Muller V. Sequence of subunit a of the Na(+)-translocating F1F0-ATPase of Acetobacterium woodii: proposal for residues involved in Na+ binding. FEBS Lett. 1999;453:35-40 pubmed..Seven residues are conserved in this region and, therefore, likely to be involved in Na+ liganding. ..
- Krämer U. MTP1 mops up excess zinc in Arabidopsis cells. Trends Plant Sci. 2005;10:313-5 pubmed..They demonstrate that the mtp1-1 mutant is hypersensitive to zinc and complement the mutant by transforming it with the MTP1 coding sequence downstream of a constitutive (35S) promoter. ..
- Radhakrishnan K, Kamp M, Siapich S, Hescheler J, Lüke M, Schneider T. Ca(v)2.3 Ca2+ channel interacts with the G1-subunit of V-ATPase. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;27:421-32 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that v-ATPase interacts physically and also functionally with Ca(v)2.3. This is the first demonstration of association of Ca(v)2.3 C-terminus with a protein complex which is involved in transmembrane signalling. ..
- Kamp M, Shakeri B, Tevoufouet E, Krieger A, Henry M, Behnke K, et al. The C-terminus of human Ca(v)2.3 voltage-gated calcium channel interacts with alternatively spliced calmodulin-2 expressed in two human cell lines. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1824:1045-57 pubmed publisher..The structure of the N-terminal extension is predicted to be more hydrophobic than the remaining CaM-2-ext protein, suggesting that it may help to dock it to the lipophilic membrane surrounding. ..
- Hänelt I, Löchte S, Sundermann L, Elbers K, Vor der Brüggen M, Bakker E. Gain of function mutations in membrane region M2C2 of KtrB open a gate controlling K+ transport by the KtrAB system from Vibrio alginolyticus. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10318-27 pubmed publisher..These data are interpreted to mean (i) that region M(2C2) forms a flexible gate controlling K(+) translocation at the cytoplasmic side of KtrB, and (ii) that M(2C2) is required for the interaction between KtrA and KtrB...
- Sauer V, Siaj R, Todorov T, Zibert A, Schmidt H. Overexpressed ATP7B protects mesenchymal stem cells from toxic copper. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;395:307-11 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that ATP7B overexpression provides an important selection advantage to MSCs in high copper microenvironments, and may represent novel cell transplants for therapy of WD. ..
- Puppe W, Siebers A, Altendorf K. The phosphorylation site of the Kdp-ATPase of Escherichia coli: site-directed mutagenesis of the aspartic acid residues 300 and 307 of the KdpB subunit. Mol Microbiol. 1992;6:3511-20 pubmed..However, the Km for K+ of the ATPase activity has been increased 30-fold compared with the wild-type enzyme. ..
- Jung K, Krabusch M, Altendorf K. Cs(+) induces the kdp operon of Escherichia coli by lowering the intracellular K(+) concentration. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:3800-3 pubmed..Moreover, the results imply that the signal transduction cascade mediated by KdpD and KdpE is able to integrate multiple signals. ..
- Senner V, Schmidtpeter S, Braune S, Püttmann S, Thanos S, Bartsch U, et al. AMOG/beta2 and glioma invasion: does loss of AMOG make tumour cells run amok?. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2003;29:370-7 pubmed..We conclude that increasing loss of AMOG/beta2 during malignant progression parallels and may underlie the extensive invasion pattern of malignant gliomas. ..
- Mesecke N, Terziyska N, Kozany C, Baumann F, Neupert W, Hell K, et al. A disulfide relay system in the intermembrane space of mitochondria that mediates protein import. Cell. 2005;121:1059-69 pubmed..We suggest that this process reflects the evolutionary origin of the IMS from the periplasmic space of the prokaryotic ancestors of mitochondria. ..
- Arrivault S, Senger T, Krämer U. The Arabidopsis metal tolerance protein AtMTP3 maintains metal homeostasis by mediating Zn exclusion from the shoot under Fe deficiency and Zn oversupply. Plant J. 2006;46:861-79 pubmed..Our data indicate that, in wild-type A. thaliana, the AtMTP3 protein contributes to basic cellular Zn tolerance and controls Zn partitioning, particularly under conditions of high rates of Zn influx into the root symplasm. ..
- Dabas N, Schneider S, Morschhäuser J. Mutational analysis of the Candida albicans ammonium permease Mep2p reveals residues required for ammonium transport and signaling. Eukaryot Cell. 2009;8:147-60 pubmed publisher..These results provide important insights into ammonium transport and control of morphogenesis by Mep2p in C. albicans. ..
- Singh Y, Zhou Y, Zhang S, Abdelazeem K, Elvira B, Salker M, et al. Enhanced Reactive Oxygen Species Production, Acidic Cytosolic pH and Upregulated Na+/H+ Exchanger (NHE) in Dicer Deficient CD4+ T Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1377-1389 pubmed publisher..Lack of Dicer leads to oxidative stress, cytosolic acidification, upregulated NHE1 expression and activity as well as swelling of CD4+ T cells, functions all reversed by miR-15b or miR-200b. ..
- Huster D, Hoppert M, Lutsenko S, Zinke J, Lehmann C, Mossner J, et al. Defective cellular localization of mutant ATP7B in Wilson's disease patients and hepatoma cell lines. Gastroenterology. 2003;124:335-45 pubmed..These results provide a detailed demonstration of the ATP7B distribution in control and diseased human livers and indicate that several Wilson's disease mutations lead to incorrect localization of ATP7B to distinct cell compartments. ..
- Martin C, Pedersen S, Schwab A, Stock C. Intracellular pH gradients in migrating cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;300:C490-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pH(i) gradients established by NHE1 activity exist along the axis of movement. ..
- Dettmann A, Illgen J, März S, Schürg T, Fleissner A, Seiler S. The NDR kinase scaffold HYM1/MO25 is essential for MAK2 map kinase signaling in Neurospora crassa. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002950 pubmed publisher..These data identify HYM1 as a novel regulator of the NRC1-MEK2-MAK2 pathway, which may coordinate NDR and MAP kinase signaling during cell polarity and intercellular communication. ..
- Lichtenberg Frate H, Reid J, Heyer M, Hofer M. Functional characterization of Schizosaccharomyces pombe genes cloned in potassium transport defective yeast strains. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 1996;41:105-6 pubmed
- Altendorf K, Siebers A, Epstein W. The KDP ATPase of Escherichia coli. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1992;671:228-43 pubmed
- Hubert N, Hentze M. Previously uncharacterized isoforms of divalent metal transporter (DMT)-1: implications for regulation and cellular function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12345-50 pubmed..These results uncover an unexpected complexity of DMT1 expression and regulation, with implications for understanding the physiology, cell biology, and pathophysiology of mammalian iron metabolism. ..
- Pereverzev A, Leroy J, Krieger A, Malécot C, Hescheler J, Pfitzer G, et al. Alternate splicing in the cytosolic II-III loop and the carboxy terminus of human E-type voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels: electrophysiological characterization of isoforms. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;21:352-65 pubmed..3 splice variants. ..
- Bertl A, Ramos J, Ludwig J, Lichtenberg Frate H, Reid J, Bihler H, et al. Characterization of potassium transport in wild-type and isogenic yeast strains carrying all combinations of trk1, trk2 and tok1 null mutations. Mol Microbiol. 2003;47:767-80 pubmed..Based on this finding, we have established a growth-based assay that monitors the in vivo activity of Tok1p. ..
- Bramkamp M, Altendorf K. Mutational analysis of charged residues in the putative KdpB-TM5 domain of the Kdp-ATPase of Escherichia coli. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;986:351-3 pubmed
- Lu Z, Pereverzev A, Liu H, Weiergräber M, Henry M, Krieger A, et al. Arrhythmia in isolated prenatal hearts after ablation of the Cav2.3 (alpha1E) subunit of voltage-gated Ca2+ channels. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2004;14:11-22 pubmed..3e as ion conducting pore stabilize a more regular heart beat in prenatal mice. ..
- Schuh K, Cartwright E, Jankevics E, Bundschu K, Liebermann J, Williams J, et al. Plasma membrane Ca2+ ATPase 4 is required for sperm motility and male fertility. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28220-6 pubmed
- Bauer M, Dietrich C, Nowak K, Sierralta W, Papenbrock J. Intracellular localization of Arabidopsis sulfurtransferases. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:916-26 pubmed..The knowledge of the intracellular localization of the members of this multiprotein family will help elucidate their specific functions in the organism. ..
- Strösser J, Lüdke A, Schaffer S, Kramer R, Burkovski A. Regulation of GlnK activity: modification, membrane sequestration and proteolysis as regulatory principles in the network of nitrogen control in Corynebacterium glutamicum. Mol Microbiol. 2004;54:132-47 pubmed..Our analyses of different mutant strains have shown that at least three different proteases influence the degradation of GlnK, namely FtsH, the ClpCP and the ClpXP protease complex. ..
- Schaaf G, Schikora A, Häberle J, Vert G, Ludewig U, Briat J, et al. A putative function for the arabidopsis Fe-Phytosiderophore transporter homolog AtYSL2 in Fe and Zn homeostasis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:762-74 pubmed..Taken together, our investigations support an involvement of AtYSL2 in Fe and Zn homeostasis, although functionality or substrate specificity are likely to differ between AtYSL2 and ZmYS1. ..
- Wood C, Poree F, Dreyer I, Koehler G, Udvardi M. Mechanisms of ammonium transport, accumulation, and retention in ooyctes and yeast cells expressing Arabidopsis AtAMT1;1. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:3931-6 pubmed..These results highlight the mechanistic differences between plant AMT proteins and related transporters in bacteria and animal cells, and suggest novel strategies to enhance nitrogen use efficiency in agriculture. ..
- Duy D, Wanner G, Meda A, von Wirén N, Soll J, Philippar K. PIC1, an ancient permease in Arabidopsis chloroplasts, mediates iron transport. Plant Cell. 2007;19:986-1006 pubmed..These observations suggest that PIC1 functions in iron transport across the inner envelope of chloroplasts and hence in cellular metal homeostasis. ..
- Graff L, Obrdlik P, Yuan L, Loqu D, Frommer W, von Wir n N. N-terminal cysteines affect oligomer stability of the allosterically regulated ammonium transporter LeAMT1;1. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:1361-73 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that the binding affinity of AMT1 subunits is stabilized by cysteines in the N-terminus and suggest a role for disulphide bridge formation via apoplastic N-terminal cysteine residues...
- Maurer F, Muller S, Bauer P. Suppression of Fe deficiency gene expression by jasmonate. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2011;49:530-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that jasmonate acts as an inhibitor in fine-tuning Fe deficiency responses but that it is not involved in the systemic down-regulation of Fe deficiency responses in the root. ..
- Nolden L, Ngouoto Nkili C, Bendt A, Kramer R, Burkovski A. Sensing nitrogen limitation in Corynebacterium glutamicum: the role of glnK and glnD. Mol Microbiol. 2001;42:1281-95 pubmed..Deduced from glnK and glnD expression patterns and the genetic organization of these genes, this regulatory mechanism is also present in Corynebacterium diphtheriae, the causative agent of diphtheria. ..
- Sohlenkamp C, Wood C, Roeb G, Udvardi M. Characterization of Arabidopsis AtAMT2, a high-affinity ammonium transporter of the plasma membrane. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:1788-96 pubmed..However, a dramatic reduction in the level of AtAMT2 transcript brought about by dsRNA interference with gene expression had no obvious effect on plant growth or development, under the conditions tested. ..
- Waka N, Knipper M, Engel J. Localization of the calcium channel subunits Cav1.2 (alpha1C) and Cav2.3 (alpha1E) in the mouse organ of Corti. Histol Histopathol. 2003;18:1115-23 pubmed publisher..Around P14, Cav2.3 immunoreactivity disappeared from these structures and from P19 onwards it was observed in the basal poles of the outer hair cell membranes. ..
- Langheinrich U, Vacun G, Wagner T. Zebrafish embryos express an orthologue of HERG and are sensitive toward a range of QT-prolonging drugs inducing severe arrhythmia. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2003;193:370-82 pubmed..g., as an early preclinical model for testing drugs under development for potential QT prolongation. ..
- Haupt M, Bramkamp M, Coles M, Altendorf K, Kessler H. Inter-domain motions of the N-domain of the KdpFABC complex, a P-type ATPase, are not driven by ATP-induced conformational changes. J Mol Biol. 2004;342:1547-58 pubmed..No evidence of significant conformational changes was observed within the N-domain upon nucleotide binding, thus ruling out a role for ATP-induced conformational changes in the reaction cycle. ..
- Kamp M, Krieger A, Henry M, Hescheler J, Weiergräber M, Schneider T. Presynaptic 'Ca2.3-containing' E-type Ca channels share dual roles during neurotransmitter release. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1617-25 pubmed..Recently, it was shown that the interaction of Ca(v)2.3 with the EF-hand motif containing protein EFHC1 is involved in the aetiology and pathogenesis of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. ..
- Bramkamp M, Altendorf K. Single amino acid substitution in the putative transmembrane helix V in KdpB of the KdpFABC complex of Escherichia coli uncouples ATPase activity and ion transport. Biochemistry. 2005;44:8260-6 pubmed
- Tholema N, Vor der Brüggen M, Maser P, Nakamura T, Schroeder J, Kobayashi H, et al. All four putative selectivity filter glycine residues in KtrB are essential for high affinity and selective K+ uptake by the KtrAB system from Vibrio alginolyticus. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41146-54 pubmed..They also indicate that the role of KtrA lies in conferring velocity and ion coupling to the Ktr complex...
- Christiansen H, Sheikh N, Saile B, Reuter F, Rave Frank M, Hermann R, et al. x-Irradiation in rat liver: consequent upregulation of hepcidin and downregulation of hemojuvelin and ferroportin-1 gene expression. Radiology. 2007;242:189-97 pubmed..001). Hemojuvelin expression behaved in a way opposite to that of hepcidin. x-Irradiation of the liver induced changes of hepcidin gene expression that are probably induced by acute phase mediators produced within the liver itself. ..
- Leineweber K, Heusch G, Schulz R. Regulation and role of the presynaptic and myocardial Na+/H+ exchanger NHE1: effects on the sympathetic nervous system in heart failure. Cardiovasc Drug Rev. 2007;25:123-31 pubmed..Furthermore, the responsiveness of the beta-AR declines overtime, which results in further release of NE, initiating a vicious cycle. Accordingly, NHE1 is a potential candidate for targeted intervention to suppress this feedback loop. ..
- Schaefer M, Schellenberg M, Merle U, Weiss K, Stremmel W. Wilson protein expression, copper excretion and sweat production in sweat glands of Wilson disease patients and controls. BMC Gastroenterol. 2008;8:29 pubmed publisher..The Wilson protein might play an important role in physiological sweat production. ..
- Scheiber I, Mercer J, Dringen R. Copper accumulation by cultured astrocytes. Neurochem Int. 2010;56:451-60 pubmed publisher..However, since some characteristics of the observed copper accumulation are not consistent with Ctr1-mediated copper transport, additional Ctr1-independent mechanism(s) are likely to be involved in astrocytic copper accumulation. ..
- Duy D, Stübe R, Wanner G, Philippar K. The chloroplast permease PIC1 regulates plant growth and development by directing homeostasis and transport of iron. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:1709-22 pubmed publisher..In consequence, PIC1 is crucial for balancing plant iron metabolism in general, thereby regulating plant growth and in particular fruit development. ..
- Lappann M, Danhof S, Guenther F, Olivares Florez S, Mordhorst I, Vogel U. In vitro resistance mechanisms of Neisseria meningitidis against neutrophil extracellular traps. Mol Microbiol. 2013;89:433-49 pubmed publisher..The induction of NET formation by Nm in vivo might aggravate thrombosis in vessels ultimately directing to disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC). ..
- Wensing K, Ciarimboli G. Saving ears and kidneys from cisplatin. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:4183-8 pubmed..For this reason, specific inhibition of OCT2 may be effective in decreasing cisplatin uptake in non-target cells, without compromising its anti-tumoral efficacy, and therefore OCT2 may be the target for a suitable protective therapy...
- Stallkamp I, Dowhan W, Altendorf K, Jung K. Negatively charged phospholipids influence the activity of the sensor kinase KdpD of Escherichia coli. Arch Microbiol. 1999;172:295-302 pubmed..These results indicate that electrostatic interactions are important for the activity of KdpD. ..
- Schönherr R, Lober K, Heinemann S. Inhibition of human ether à go-go potassium channels by Ca(2+)/calmodulin. EMBO J. 2000;19:3263-71 pubmed..Co-expression experiments of wild-type and mutant channels revealed that the binding of one CaM molecule per channel complex is sufficient for channel inhibition. ..
- Freichel M, Suh S, Pfeifer A, Schweig U, Trost C, Weissgerber P, et al. Lack of an endothelial store-operated Ca2+ current impairs agonist-dependent vasorelaxation in TRP4-/- mice. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:121-7 pubmed
- Pereverzev A, Mikhna M, Vajna R, Gissel C, Henry M, Weiergräber M, et al. Disturbances in glucose-tolerance, insulin-release, and stress-induced hyperglycemia upon disruption of the Ca(v)2.3 (alpha 1E) subunit of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:884-95 pubmed..3-deficient mice has dual components related to endocrine and neurological defects. The present findings provide direct evidence of a functional role for the Ca(v)2.3 subunit in hormone secretion and glucose homeostasis. ..
- Pereverzev A, Vajna R, Pfitzer G, Hescheler J, Klockner U, Schneider T. Reduction of insulin secretion in the insulinoma cell line INS-1 by overexpression of a Ca(v)2.3 (alpha1E) calcium channel antisense cassette. Eur J Endocrinol. 2002;146:881-9 pubmed..alpha1E is involved in glucose-induced insulin secretion probably by influencing the excitability of INS-1 cells. ..
- Muhlenhoff U, Stadler J, Richhardt N, Seubert A, Eickhorst T, Schweyen R, et al. A specific role of the yeast mitochondrial carriers MRS3/4p in mitochondrial iron acquisition under iron-limiting conditions. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40612-20 pubmed..Mrs3/4p function in mitochondrial iron transport becomes evident under iron-limiting conditions only, indicating that the two carriers do not represent the sole system for mitochondrial iron acquisition. ..
- Haupt M, Bramkamp M, Heller M, Coles M, Deckers Hebestreit G, Herkenhoff Hesselmann B, et al. The holo-form of the nucleotide binding domain of the KdpFABC complex from Escherichia coli reveals a new binding mode. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9641-9 pubmed
- Weiergräber M, Henry M, Radhakrishnan K, Hescheler J, Schneider T. Hippocampal seizure resistance and reduced neuronal excitotoxicity in mice lacking the Cav2.3 E/R-type voltage-gated calcium channel. J Neurophysiol. 2007;97:3660-9 pubmed..3 voltage-gated calcium channel plays a crucial role in both hippocampal ictogenesis and seizure generalization and is of central importance in neuronal degeneration after excitotoxic events. ..