Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cathepsins in Sweden
- Mandic A, Viktorsson K, Strandberg L, Heiden T, Hansson J, Linder S, et al. Calpain-mediated Bid cleavage and calpain-independent Bak modulation: two separate pathways in cisplatin-induced apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:3003-13 pubmed..In summary, calpain-mediated Bid cleavage is important in drug-induced apoptosis, and cisplatin induces at least two separate apoptotic signaling pathways resulting in Bid cleavage and Bak modulation, respectively. ..
- Ueno T, Linder S, Na C, Rice W, Johansson J, Weaver T. Processing of pulmonary surfactant protein B by napsin and cathepsin H. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:16178-84 pubmed..These results suggest that napsin, cathepsin H, and at least one other enzyme are involved in maturation of the biologically active SP-B peptide. ..
- Alvarez Fernandez M, Liang Y, Abrahamson M, Su X. Crystal structure of human cystatin D, a cysteine peptidase inhibitor with restricted inhibition profile. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18221-8 pubmed
- Ljusberg J, Wang Y, Lång P, Norgård M, Dodds R, Hultenby K, et al. Proteolytic excision of a repressive loop domain in tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase by cathepsin K in osteoclasts. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28370-81 pubmed..Moreover, cathepsin K, but not cathepsin L, co-localized with TRAP in osteoclast-resorptive compartments, supporting a role for cathepsin K in the extracellular processing of monomeric TRAP in the resorption lacuna. ..
- Ljunggren A, Redzynia I, Alvarez Fernandez M, Abrahamson M, Mort J, Krupa J, et al. Crystal structure of the parasite protease inhibitor chagasin in complex with a host target cysteine protease. J Mol Biol. 2007;371:137-53 pubmed publisher..This information will aid in the development of synthetic inhibitors for use as potential drugs for the treatment of Chagas disease...
- Hollberg K, Marsell R, Norgård M, Larsson T, Jonsson K, Andersson G. Osteoclast polarization is not required for degradation of bone matrix in rachitic FGF23 transgenic mice. Bone. 2008;42:1111-21 pubmed publisher..The data collectively provide evidence that osteoclasts, despite absence of ruffled borders, effectively participate in the degradation of hypomineralized bone matrix in rachitic FGF23 tg mice. ..