Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carrier proteins in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: carrier proteins
Publications603 found, 100 shown here
- McPherson C, Eipper B, Mains R. Genomic organization and differential expression of Kalirin isoforms. Gene. 2002;284:41-51 pubmed..The prevalence of Kalirin in the cortex throughout life suggests roles in axonal development and the mature brain. ..
- Worlock A, Smith R. ZntB is a novel Zn2+ transporter in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:4369-73 pubmed..A direct analysis of transport activity identified a capacity for Zn2+ efflux. These data identify ZntB as a zinc efflux pathway in the enteric bacteria and assign a new function to the CorA family of cation transporters...
- Zipper L, Mulcahy R. The Keap1 BTB/POZ dimerization function is required to sequester Nrf2 in cytoplasm. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36544-52 pubmed..Furthermore, exposure to inducing agents disrupts the Keap1 dimerization function and results in Nrf2 release. ..
- Gervasi C, Thyagarajan A, Szaro B. Increased expression of multiple neurofilament mRNAs during regeneration of vertebrate central nervous system axons. J Comp Neurol. 2003;461:262-75 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that successful axon regeneration involves changes in nIF subunit composition conducive to growth and argue that a successful injury response differs between CNS and PNS. ..
- Fu J, Jin Y, Arend L. Smac3, a novel Smac/DIABLO splicing variant, attenuates the stability and apoptosis-inhibiting activity of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:52660-72 pubmed..Smac3-accelerated XIAP destabilization is, at least in part, attributed to its ability to enhance XIAP ubiquitination. Our study demonstrates that Smac3 is functionally additive to, but independent of, Smac/DIABLO. ..
- Li P, Schwarz E, O Keefe R, Ma L, Boyce B, Xing L. RANK signaling is not required for TNFalpha-mediated increase in CD11(hi) osteoclast precursors but is essential for mature osteoclast formation in TNFalpha-mediated inflammatory arthritis. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19:207-13 pubmed..RANK signaling is essential for mature osteoclast formation in TNFalpha-mediated inflammatory arthritis but not for the TNFalpha-induced increase in CD11b(hi) OCP that subsequently can differentiate into osteoclasts in inflamed joints. ..
- Montana V, Ni Y, Sunjara V, Hua X, Parpura V. Vesicular glutamate transporter-dependent glutamate release from astrocytes. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2633-42 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that VGLUTs play a functional role in exocytotic glutamate release from astrocytes. ..
- Yin H, Chao L, Chao J. Kallikrein/kinin protects against myocardial apoptosis after ischemia/reperfusion via Akt-glycogen synthase kinase-3 and Akt-Bad.14-3-3 signaling pathways. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8022-30 pubmed..14-3-3 signaling pathways. In conclusion, kallikrein/kinin protects against cardiomyocyte apoptosis in vivo and in vitro via Akt-Bad.14-3-3 and Akt-GSK-3beta-caspase-3 signaling pathways. ..
- Erdogan E, Lamark T, Stallings Mann M, Lee Jamieson -, Pellecchia M, Pellechia M, et al. Aurothiomalate inhibits transformed growth by targeting the PB1 domain of protein kinase Ciota. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28450-9 pubmed..We conclude that ATM inhibits cellular transformation by selectively targeting Cys-69 within the PB1 domain of PKCiota. ..
- Razumova M, Shaffer J, Tu A, Flint G, Regnier M, Harris S. Effects of the N-terminal domains of myosin binding protein-C in an in vitro motility assay: Evidence for long-lived cross-bridges. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:35846-54 pubmed..The results suggest that N-terminal domains of MyBP-C slow cross-bridge cycling kinetics by reducing rates of cross-bridge detachment. ..
- Esham M, Bryan K, Milnes J, Holmes W, Moncman C. Expression of nebulette during early cardiac development. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2007;64:258-73 pubmed..We demonstrate that nebulette is indeed associated with premyofibrils in very early stages of myofibrillogenesis and suggest that nebulette may play an important role in the formation of these structures. ..
- Gu L, Mohanty S. Targeted microinjection into cells and retina using optoporation. J Biomed Opt. 2011;16:128003 pubmed publisher..Laser assisted delivery of exogenous material into a specific area of three-dimensional neuronal tissue, such as the retina, will help to understand the functioning of neuronal circuitry of normal and degenerated retina. ..
- Khan M, Dhammu T, Sakakima H, Shunmugavel A, Gilg A, Singh A, et al. The inhibitory effect of S-nitrosoglutathione on blood-brain barrier disruption and peroxynitrite formation in a rat model of experimental stroke. J Neurochem. 2012;123 Suppl 2:86-97 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results support the ability of GSNO to improve endothelial function by reducing nitroxidative stress in stroke. ..
- Li S, Moore A, Zhu J, Li X, Zhou H, Lin J, et al. Ggnbp2 Is Essential for Pregnancy Success via Regulation of Mouse Trophoblast Stem Cell Proliferation and Differentiation. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:41 pubmed publisher..Our studies for the first time demonstrate that GGNBP2 is an essential factor for pregnancy success acting through the maintenance of a balance of TSC proliferation and differentiation during placental development. ..
- Soofi A, Wolf K, Emont M, Qi N, Martinez Santibañez G, Grimley E, et al. The kielin/chordin-like protein (KCP) attenuates high-fat diet-induced obesity and metabolic syndrome in mice. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9051-9062 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that shifting the TGF-? superfamily signaling with a secreted protein can alter the physiology and thermogenic properties of adipose tissue to reduce obesity even when mice are fed a high-fat diet. ..
- Wang R, Ma J, Wang M, Cui J, Wu W, Liu R, et al. A Human Long Non-Coding RNA ALT1 Controls the Cell Cycle of Vascular Endothelial Cells Via ACE2 and Cyclin D1 Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:1152-1167 pubmed publisher..The results suggested the human long non-coding RNA ALT1 is a novel regulator for cell cycle of HUVECs via ACE2 and cyclin D1 pathway. ..
- Aulak K, Liu J, Wu J, Hyatt S, Puppi M, Henning S, et al. Molecular sites of regulation of expression of the rat cationic amino acid transporter gene. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:29799-806 pubmed
- Rivas M, Kearns B, Xie Z, Guo S, Sekar M, Hosaka K, et al. Pleiotropic alterations in lipid metabolism in yeast sac1 mutants: relationship to "bypass Sec14p" and inositol auxotrophy. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:2235-50 pubmed..Finally, we determine that CDP-choline pathway activity contributes to the inositol auxotrophy of sac1 strains in a novel manner that does not involve obvious defects in transcriptional expression of the INO1 gene. ..
- McCaffrey J, Yamasaki L, Dyson N, Harlow E, Griep A. Disruption of retinoblastoma protein family function by human papillomavirus type 16 E7 oncoprotein inhibits lens development in part through E2F-1. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6458-68 pubmed..These data suggest that an important role for pRb-E2F-1 complex during fiber cell differentiation is to negatively regulate cell cycle progression, thereby allowing completion of the differentiation program to occur. ..
- Whitworth T, Quick M. Substrate-induced regulation of gamma-aminobutyric acid transporter trafficking requires tyrosine phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:42932-7 pubmed..These data suggest a model in which substrates permit the phosphorylation of GAT1 on tyrosine residues and that the phosphorylated state of the transporter is refractory for internalization. ..
- Kumagai A, Dunphy W. Repeated phosphopeptide motifs in Claspin mediate the regulated binding of Chk1. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:161-5 pubmed..Our results indicate that two phosphopeptide motifs in Claspin are essential for checkpoint signalling. ..
- Zhu H, Hayes J, Chen M, Baldwin J, Piletz J. Relationship between platelet imidazoline receptor-binding peptides and candidate imidazoline-1 receptor, IRAS. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;1009:439-46 pubmed..62, P = 0.04) with the intensity of the 33-kD band across 11 human platelet samples. A positive correlation between the intensities of the 33-kD and 85-kD bands is consistent with both being fragments of IRAS. ..
- Gingerich D, Gagne J, Salter D, Hellmann H, Estelle M, Ma L, et al. Cullins 3a and 3b assemble with members of the broad complex/tramtrack/bric-a-brac (BTB) protein family to form essential ubiquitin-protein ligases (E3s) in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18810-21 pubmed..Arabidopsis defective in both CUL3a and CUL3b are embryo-lethal, indicating that BTB E3s are essential for plant development. ..
- Minn A, Couto F, Shalev A. Metabolism-independent sugar effects on gene transcription: the role of 3-O-methylglucose. Biochemistry. 2006;45:11047-51 pubmed
- Wetzler M, Brady M, Tracy E, Li Z, Donohue K, O Loughlin K, et al. Arsenic trioxide affects signal transducer and activator of transcription proteins through alteration of protein tyrosine kinase phosphorylation. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:6817-25 pubmed..These results suggest a selective activity of arsenic trioxide on PTKs and will assist in developing clinical trials in AML. ..
- Dashti N, Manchekar M, Liu Y, Sun Z, Segrest J. Microsomal triglyceride transfer protein activity is not required for the initiation of apolipoprotein B-containing lipoprotein assembly in McA-RH7777 cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28597-608 pubmed..Our results provide a compelling argument that the initial addition of phospholipids to apoB:1000 and initiation of apoB-containing lipoprotein assembly occur independently of MTP lipid transfer activity. ..
- Kirn Safran C, D Souza S, Carson D. Heparan sulfate proteoglycans and their binding proteins in embryo implantation and placentation. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2008;19:187-93 pubmed
- Subramanian V, Bickel S. Heterochromatin-mediated association of achiasmate homologs declines with age when cohesion is compromised. Genetics. 2009;181:1207-18 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data support the model that deterioration of meiotic cohesion during the aging process compromises the segregation of achiasmate as well as chiasmate bivalents. ..
- Li B, Suwan J, Martin J, Zhang F, Zhang Z, Hoppensteadt D, et al. Oversulfated chondroitin sulfate interaction with heparin-binding proteins: new insights into adverse reactions from contaminated heparins. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;78:292-300 pubmed publisher..In contrast to heparin, oversulfated chondroitin sulfate tightly binds factor XIIa suggesting a biochemical mechanism for the factor XIIa-based enhancement of vasoactive bradykinin production. ..
- Varian K, Kijtawornrat A, Gupta S, Torres C, Monasky M, Hiranandani N, et al. Impairment of diastolic function by lack of frequency-dependent myofilament desensitization rabbit right ventricular hypertrophy. Circ Heart Fail. 2009;2:472-81 pubmed publisher..The frequency-dependent myofilament desensitization is significantly impaired in right ventricular hypertrophy and contributes to the frequency-dependent elevation of diastolic tension in hypertrophy. ..
- Hall J, Song Y, Karplus P, Barbar E. The crystal structure of dynein intermediate chain-light chain roadblock complex gives new insights into dynein assembly. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:22566-75 pubmed publisher..The IC x LC7 structure further shows that the naturally occurring robl(Z) deletion mutation contains the majority of the IC binding site and suggests that promotion of IC binding by phosphorylation of LC7 is an indirect effect. ..
- Rybakova I, Greaser M, Moss R. Myosin binding protein C interaction with actin: characterization and mapping of the binding site. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2008-16 pubmed publisher..In contrast, certain basic regions of the N-terminal domains of MyBPC may act as small polycations and therefore bind actin via nonspecific electrostatic interactions. ..
- Kelleher S, Velasquez V, Croxford T, McCormick N, Lopez V, Macdavid J. Mapping the zinc-transporting system in mammary cells: molecular analysis reveals a phenotype-dependent zinc-transporting network during lactation. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:1761-70 pubmed publisher..These results provide an important framework for understanding the "Zn-transporting network" through which mammary gland Zn pools are redistributed and secreted into milk. ..
- Kuster D, Sequeira V, Najafi A, Boontje N, Wijnker P, Witjas Paalberends E, et al. GSK3? phosphorylates newly identified site in the proline-alanine-rich region of cardiac myosin-binding protein C and alters cross-bridge cycling kinetics in human: short communication. Circ Res. 2013;112:633-9 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation of Ser133 in the linker domain of cMyBP-C may be a novel mechanism to regulate sarcomere kinetics. ..
- Tayou J, Wang Q, Jang G, Pronin A, Orlandi C, Martemyanov K, et al. Regulator of G Protein Signaling 7 (RGS7) Can Exist in a Homo-oligomeric Form That Is Regulated by GÎ±o and R7-binding Protein. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9133-47 pubmed publisher..Co-expression of constitutively active GÎ±o prevented the RGS7-RGS7 interaction. These results reveal the existence of RGS protein homo-oligomers and show regulation of their assembly by R7 RGS-binding partners. ..
- Glenney J. The sequence of human caveolin reveals identity with VIP21, a component of transport vesicles. FEBS Lett. 1992;314:45-8 pubmed..118, 1003-1014], a putative vesicle transport protein isolated from MDCK cells. Genomic Southern blots suggest that caveolin is present in a single copy, and Northern blots confirm that the caveolin mRNA is elevated in muscle. ..
- Scripture J, Voelker C, Miller S, O Donnell R, Polgar L, Rade J, et al. High-affinity L-arabinose transport operon. Nucleotide sequence and analysis of gene products. J Mol Biol. 1987;197:37-46 pubmed..Putative ATP binding sites are observed within the regions of homology. The araH gene product has been shown to be homologous to the rbsC gene product, which is the first observed homology between two purported membrane proteins. ..
- Kekuda R, Prasad P, Fei Y, Torres Zamorano V, Sinha S, Yang Feng T, et al. Cloning of the sodium-dependent, broad-scope, neutral amino acid transporter Bo from a human placental choriocarcinoma cell line. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:18657-61 pubmed..Chromosomal assignment studies with somatic cell hybrid analysis and fluorescent in situ hybridization have located the ATBo gene to human chromosome 19q13.3. ..
- Lupashin V, Pokrovskaya I, McNew J, Waters M. Characterization of a novel yeast SNARE protein implicated in Golgi retrograde traffic. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:2659-76 pubmed..We propose that Vti1p, along with Ykt6p and perhaps Sft1p, acts as a retrograde v-SNARE capable of interacting with the cis-Golgi t-SNARE Sed5p. ..
- Prasad P, Wang H, Kekuda R, Fujita T, Fei Y, Devoe L, et al. Cloning and functional expression of a cDNA encoding a mammalian sodium-dependent vitamin transporter mediating the uptake of pantothenate, biotin, and lipoate. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:7501-6 pubmed..The size of the principal transcript is 3.2 kilobases. SMVT represents the first Na+-dependent vitamin transporter to be cloned from a mammalian tissue. ..
- Chen H, Rojas Soto M, Oguni A, Kennedy M. A synaptic Ras-GTPase activating protein (p135 SynGAP) inhibited by CaM kinase II. Neuron. 1998;20:895-904 pubmed..Inhibition of p135 SynGAP by CaMKII will stop inactivation of GTP-bound Ras and thus could result in activation of the mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase pathway in hippocampal neurons upon activation of NMDA receptors. ..
- Boden S, Liu Y, Hair G, Helms J, Hu D, Racine M, et al. LMP-1, a LIM-domain protein, mediates BMP-6 effects on bone formation. Endocrinology. 1998;139:5125-34 pubmed..These data demonstrate that LMP-1 is an essential positive regulator of the osteoblast differentiation program as well as an important intermediate step in the BMP-6 signaling pathway. ..
- Tu Y, Li F, Wu C. Nck-2, a novel Src homology2/3-containing adaptor protein that interacts with the LIM-only protein PINCH and components of growth factor receptor kinase-signaling pathways. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:3367-82 pubmed..These results identify a novel Nck-related SH2- and SH3-domain-containing protein and suggest that it may function as an adaptor protein connecting the growth factor receptor-signaling pathways with the integrin-signaling pathways. ..
- Schillace R, Scott J. Association of the type 1 protein phosphatase PP1 with the A-kinase anchoring protein AKAP220. Curr Biol. 1999;9:321-4 pubmed..Collectively, these results provide the first evidence that AKAP220 is a multivalent anchoring protein that maintains a signaling scaffold of PP1 and the PKA holoenzyme. ..
- Richman T, Sawyer M, Johnson D. The Cdc42p GTPase is involved in a G2/M morphogenetic checkpoint regulating the apical-isotropic switch and nuclear division in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16861-70 pubmed
- Liedtke C, Cody D, Cole T. Differential regulation of Cl- transport proteins by PKC in Calu-3 cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2001;280:L739-47 pubmed
- Phillips T, Ni J, Hunt J. Death-inducing tumour necrosis factor (TNF) superfamily ligands and receptors are transcribed in human placentae, cytotrophoblasts, placental macrophages and placental cell lines. Placenta. 2001;22:663-72 pubmed..Detection of nearly all the death-inducing TNF superfamily ligands and their receptors in human placentae implies that these powerful cytokines contribute to programmed or activated cell death in this organ. ..
- Li Q, Eckenrode S, Ruan Q, Wang C, Shi J, McIndoe R, et al. Rapid decrease of RNA level of a novel mouse mitochondria solute carrier protein (Mscp) gene at 4-5 weeks of age. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:830-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the Mscp gene is decreased during splenic lymphocyte maturation in these mice. ..
- Dhar M, Hauser L, Johnson D. An aminophospholipid translocase associated with body fat and type 2 diabetes phenotypes. Obes Res. 2002;10:695-702 pubmed..Because the exact biological role and the subsequent relevance of these ATPases to obesity and diabetes are unknown, these data help to delineate the role of these genes in lipid/adipocyte metabolism. ..
- Ain R, Canham L, Soares M. Dexamethasone-induced intrauterine growth restriction impacts the placental prolactin family, insulin-like growth factor-II and the Akt signaling pathway. J Endocrinol. 2005;185:253-63 pubmed
- Newpher T, Smith R, Lemmon V, Lemmon S. In vivo dynamics of clathrin and its adaptor-dependent recruitment to the actin-based endocytic machinery in yeast. Dev Cell. 2005;9:87-98 pubmed..In contrast, Sla2p, End3p, Pan1p, and a dynamic actin cytoskeleton are not required for clathrin assembly or exchange but are required for the mobility, maturation, and/or turnover of clathrin-containing endocytic structures. ..
- Hashimoto Y, Skacel M, Lavery I, Mukherjee A, Casey G, Adams J. Prognostic significance of fascin expression in advanced colorectal cancer: an immunohistochemical study of colorectal adenomas and adenocarcinomas. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:241 pubmed..Fascin may have prognostic value as an early biomarker for more aggressive colorectal adenocarcinomas. ..
- Hauswirth W, Aleman T, Kaushal S, Cideciyan A, Schwartz S, Wang L, et al. Treatment of leber congenital amaurosis due to RPE65 mutations by ocular subretinal injection of adeno-associated virus gene vector: short-term results of a phase I trial. Hum Gene Ther. 2008;19:979-90 pubmed publisher..99). Comparisons are drawn between the present work and two other studies of ocular gene therapy for RPE65-LCA that were carried out contemporaneously and reported. ..
- Cha Molstad H, Saxena G, Chen J, Shalev A. Glucose-stimulated expression of Txnip is mediated by carbohydrate response element-binding protein, p300, and histone H4 acetylation in pancreatic beta cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:16898-905 pubmed publisher..In addition, the results reveal for the first time that ChREBP interacts with p300. This may explain how ChREBP induces H4 acetylation and sheds new light on glucose-mediated regulation of chromatin structure and transcription. ..
- Drabkin H, Gemmill R. Obesity, cholesterol, and clear-cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Adv Cancer Res. 2010;107:39-56 pubmed publisher..The role of lipid biology and its interface with protein translation regulation represents a new dimension in RCC research with potential therapeutic implications. ..
- Fofanova Gambetti O, Hwa V, Wit J, Domene H, Argente J, Bang P, et al. Impact of heterozygosity for acid-labile subunit (IGFALS) gene mutations on stature: results from the international acid-labile subunit consortium. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:4184-91 pubmed publisher..0 to 1.5 SD, suggestive of a gene-dose effect. Further studies involving a larger cohort are needed to evaluate the impact of heterozygous IGFALS mutations not only on auxology, but also on other aspects of the GH/IGF system. ..
- Zhou D, Liu K, Sun C, Pawlik K, Townes T. KLF1 regulates BCL11A expression and gamma- to beta-globin gene switching. Nat Genet. 2010;42:742-4 pubmed publisher..Controlled knockdown of KLF1 in adult erythroid progenitors may provide a method to activate fetal hemoglobin expression in individuals with beta-thalassemia or sickle cell disease. ..
- Liang C, Tao Y, Shen C, Tan Z, Xiong W, Mei L. Erbin is required for myelination in regenerated axons after injury. J Neurosci. 2012;32:15169-80 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations demonstrate that Erbin is required for remyelination of regenerated axons after injury, probably by regulating ErbB2 and NRG1 levels, identifying a novel player in regulating remyelination. ..
- Jin D, Guo M, Xue B, Mao L, Wang J. Differential regulation of CaMKII? interactions with mGluR5 and NMDA receptors by Ca(2+) in neurons. J Neurochem. 2013;127:620-31 pubmed publisher..This agonist-induced cascade seems to mediate crosstalk between mGluR5 and NMDA receptors in neurons. ..
- Moser A, Dove W, Roth K, Gordon J. The Min (multiple intestinal neoplasia) mutation: its effect on gut epithelial cell differentiation and interaction with a modifier system. J Cell Biol. 1992;116:1517-26 pubmed
- Johnson J, Toft D. A novel chaperone complex for steroid receptors involving heat shock proteins, immunophilins, and p23. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:24989-93 pubmed
- Jhiang S, Fithian L, Smanik P, McGill J, Tong Q, Mazzaferri E. Cloning of the human taurine transporter and characterization of taurine uptake in thyroid cells. FEBS Lett. 1993;318:139-44 pubmed..The taurine uptake in FRTL-5 cells appears to be regulated by thyrotropin through cAMP. Finally, a higher taurine uptake may be associated with a higher proliferation rate in some cultured cell lines. ..
- Cooper P, Smilinich N, Day C, Nowak N, Reid L, Pearsall R, et al. Divergently transcribed overlapping genes expressed in liver and kidney and located in the 11p15.5 imprinted domain. Genomics. 1998;49:38-51 pubmed
- Wilson A, Erdman R, Castellano F, Maltese W. Prenylation of Rab8 GTPase by type I and type II geranylgeranyl transferases. Biochem J. 1998;333 ( Pt 3):497-504 pubmed..Prenylation of the Y78D mutant was reduced by 60-70% in intact cells, consistent with the conclusion that the majority of Rab8 is prenylated by the REP/GGTaseII system in vivo. ..
- Imanishi T, McBride J, Ho Q, O Brien K, Schwartz S, Han D. Expression of cellular FLICE-inhibitory protein in human coronary arteries and in a rat vascular injury model. Am J Pathol. 2000;156:125-37 pubmed..The expression pattern of c-FLIP and the relation between c-FLIP and TUNEL suggest a role for c-FLIP- and caspase 8-driven death in control of viability of the cells of the atherosclerotic intima. ..
- Turner G, Du F, Varshavsky A. Peptides accelerate their uptake by activating a ubiquitin-dependent proteolytic pathway. Nature. 2000;405:579-83 pubmed..These findings identify the physiological rationale for the targeting of Cup9 by Ubr1, and indicate that small compounds may regulate other ubiquitin-dependent pathways. ..
- Purdy G, Payne S. The SHI-3 iron transport island of Shigella boydii 0-1392 carries the genes for aerobactin synthesis and transport. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:4176-82 pubmed publisher..An S. boydii aerobactin synthesis mutant, 0-1392 iucB, was constructed and was similar to the wild type in tissue culture assays of invasion and intercellular spread...
- Panigrahi A, Schnaufer A, Carmean N, Igo R, Gygi S, Ernst N, et al. Four related proteins of the Trypanosoma brucei RNA editing complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6833-40 pubmed publisher..Recombinant TbMP63 and TbMP52 coimmunoprecipitate. These results indicate that these four proteins are components of the RNA editing complex and that TbMP63 and TbMP52 can interact...
- Baker P, Garneau J, Howe L, Roopenian D. T-cell contributions to alveolar bone loss in response to oral infection with Porphyromonas gingivalis. Acta Odontol Scand. 2001;59:222-5 pubmed..003). These experiments confirm that T cells, and their responses to oral infection with P. gingivalis, help to push bone remodeling in the direction of net loss of bone. ..
- Pershing R, Moore S, Dinges A, Thatcher W, Badinga L. Short communication: Hepatic gene expression for gluconeogenic enzymes in lactating dairy cows treated with bovine somatotropin. J Dairy Sci. 2002;85:504-6 pubmed..In summary, exogenous bST stimulation of milk production is not mediated through enhanced liver gluconeogenesis, but may involve partitioning of glucose and fatty acids for preferential use by the mammary gland. ..
- Marra A, Lawson S, Asundi J, Brigham D, Hromockyj A. In vivo characterization of the psa genes from Streptococcus pneumoniae in multiple models of infection. Microbiology. 2002;148:1483-91 pubmed..In addition, these mutants were unable to grow in an implanted peritoneal chamber, but growth was restored by the addition of manganese to the chambers...
- Jones C, Ray M, Strobel H. Transcriptional analysis of the xylose ABC transport operons in the thermophilic anaerobe Thermoanaerobacter ethanolicus. Curr Microbiol. 2002;45:54-62 pubmed..T. ethanolicus is unique in possessing a triumvirate of xylose transport and catabolism operons and, given its extensive hemicellulolytic capabilities, may have evolved to constitutively express xyl genes...
- Schaefer A, Kamei Y, Kamiguchi H, Wong E, Rapoport I, Kirchhausen T, et al. L1 endocytosis is controlled by a phosphorylation-dephosphorylation cycle stimulated by outside-in signaling by L1. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:1223-32 pubmed..Thus, the regulation of L1 endocytosis through dephosphorylation of Y1176 is a critical regulatory point of L1-mediated adhesion and signaling. ..
- Shinoda S, Skradski S, Araki T, Schindler C, Meller R, Lan J, et al. Formation of a tumour necrosis factor receptor 1 molecular scaffolding complex and activation of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 during seizure-induced neuronal death. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:2065-76 pubmed..These data suggest ASK1 may be involved in the mechanism of seizure-induced neuronal death downstream of a TNFR1 death-signalling complex. ..
- Mokashi V, Singh D, Porter T. Rat supernatant protein factor-like protein stimulates squalene monooxygenase and is activated by protein kinase A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;316:688-92 pubmed..These results indicate that SPF2 activity is modulated by guanine nucleotides and alpha-tocopherol, as well as by phosphorylation. ..
- Mannam P, Jones K, Geller B. Mucosal vaccine made from live, recombinant Lactococcus lactis protects mice against pharyngeal infection with Streptococcus pyogenes. Infect Immun. 2004;72:3444-50 pubmed..In conclusion, mucosal vaccination with LL-CRR produced CRR-specific salivary IgA and serum IgG, prevented pharyngeal infection with S. pyogenes, and promoted survival. ..
- Gillhouse M, Wagner Nyholm M, Hikasa H, Sokol S, Grinblat Y. Two Frodo/Dapper homologs are expressed in the developing brain and mesoderm of zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2004;230:403-9 pubmed..Our data suggest important roles for zebrafish frd1 and frd2 in patterning the neural plate and several mesodermal derivatives. ..
- Greenberg V, Zimmer S. Paclitaxel induces the phosphorylation of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E-binding protein 1 through a Cdk1-dependent mechanism. Oncogene. 2005;24:4851-60 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that PTX-increases the functional level of eIF-4E by promoting the hyperphosphorylation and release of 4E-BP1 through a cdk1-dependent mechanism. ..
- Baxter B, Abeliovich H, Zhang X, Stirling A, Burlingame A, Goldfarb D. Atg19p ubiquitination and the cytoplasm to vacuole trafficking pathway in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39067-76 pubmed..These results suggest that both ubiquitination and deubiquitination of Atg19p are required for its full function. ..
- Singh A, Li F, Hamazaki T, Kasahara H, Takemaru K, Terada N. Chibby, an antagonist of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway, facilitates cardiomyocyte differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells. Circulation. 2007;115:617-26 pubmed..By revealing molecular mechanisms that control ESC-to-cardiomyocyte differentiation, this study will allow for the future development of technologies to improve cardiomyocyte differentiation from ESCs. ..
- Paye J, Phng L, Lanahan A, Gerhard H, Simons M. Synectin-dependent regulation of arterial maturation. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:604-10 pubmed publisher..This observation may explain the selective reduction in arterial morphogenesis observed in synectin knockout mice. ..
- O Neil T, Duffy L, Frey J, Hornberger T. The role of phosphoinositide 3-kinase and phosphatidic acid in the regulation of mammalian target of rapamycin following eccentric contractions. J Physiol. 2009;587:3691-701 pubmed publisher..Combined, the results of this study indicate that the activation of mTOR following eccentric contractions occurs through a PI3K-PKB-independent mechanism that requires PLD and PA. ..
- Nie S, Kee Y, Bronner Fraser M. Myosin-X is critical for migratory ability of Xenopus cranial neural crest cells. Dev Biol. 2009;335:132-42 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate an essential role for Myo10 in normal cranial neural crest migration and suggest a link to cell-cell interactions and formation of processes. ..
- Vyazunova I, Lan Q. Yellow fever mosquito sterol carrier protein-2 gene structure and transcriptional regulation. Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19:205-15 pubmed publisher..This observation leads us to the conclusion that the partnership of transcription factors is crucial in regulating the transcriptional activity of the AeSCP-2 gene. ..
- Xia H, Krebs M, Kaushal S, Scott E. Enhanced retinal pigment epithelium regeneration after injury in MRL/MpJ mice. Exp Eye Res. 2011;93:862-72 pubmed publisher..This model should prove useful for understanding molecular mechanisms that underlie regeneration, and for identifying factors that promote RPE regeneration in age-related macular degeneration and related diseases. ..
- Mohni K, Smith S, Dee A, Schumacher A, Weller S. Herpes simplex virus type 1 single strand DNA binding protein and helicase/primase complex disable cellular ATR signaling. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003652 pubmed publisher..This unusual mechanism used by HSV suggests that it may be possible to inhibit ATR signaling by preventing recruitment of the 9-1-1 clamp and TopBP1. ..