Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carrier proteins in Switzerland
Topic: carrier proteins
Publications285 found, 100 shown here
- Freigang S, Ampenberger F, Spohn G, Heer S, Shamshiev A, Kisielow J, et al. Nrf2 is essential for cholesterol crystal-induced inflammasome activation and exacerbation of atherosclerosis. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:2040-51 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a common pathway through which oxidative stress and metabolic danger signals converge and mutually perpetuate the chronic vascular inflammation that drives atherosclerosis. ..
- Schiering N, D Arcy A, Villard F, Simic O, Kamke M, Monnet G, et al. A macrocyclic HCV NS3/4A protease inhibitor interacts with protease and helicase residues in the complex with its full-length target. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:21052-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, small angle X-ray scattering confirmed the observed protease-helicase domain assembly in solution. ..
- Kersten S, Seydoux J, Peters J, Gonzalez F, Desvergne B, Wahli W. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha mediates the adaptive response to fasting. J Clin Invest. 1999;103:1489-98 pubmed..By modulating gene expression, PPARalpha stimulates hepatic fatty acid oxidation to supply substrates that can be metabolized by other tissues. ..
- Steger M, Murina O, Huhn D, Ferretti L, Walser R, Hänggi K, et al. Prolyl isomerase PIN1 regulates DNA double-strand break repair by counteracting DNA end resection. Mol Cell. 2013;50:333-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data uncover PIN1-mediated isomerization as a regulatory mechanism coordinating DSB repair. ..
- Palmer G, Zhao J, Bonjour J, Hofstetter W, Caverzasio J. In vivo expression of transcripts encoding the Glvr-1 phosphate transporter/retrovirus receptor during bone development. Bone. 1999;24:1-7 pubmed..This observation represents the first in vivo evidence consistent with a potential role for this phosphate transporter in matrix calcification. ..
- Trueb R, Didierjean L, Fellas A, Elias A, Borradori L. Childhood bullous pemphigoid: report of a case with characterization of the targeted antigens. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1999;40:338-44 pubmed
- Beck T, Hall M. The TOR signalling pathway controls nuclear localization of nutrient-regulated transcription factors. Nature. 1999;402:689-92 pubmed..Thus, the TOR signalling pathway broadly controls nutrient metabolism by sequestering several transcription factors in the cytoplasm. ..
- Rochat Steiner V, Becker K, Micheau O, Schneider P, Burns K, Tschopp J. FIST/HIPK3: a Fas/FADD-interacting serine/threonine kinase that induces FADD phosphorylation and inhibits fas-mediated Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase activation. J Exp Med. 2000;192:1165-74 pubmed..These results suggest that Fas-associated FIST/HIPK3 modulates one of the two major signaling pathways of Fas. ..
- Wiesbeck G, Weijers H, Wodarz N, Keller H, Michel T, Herrmann M, et al. Serotonin transporter gene polymorphism and personality traits in primary alcohol dependence. World J Biol Psychiatry. 2004;5:45-8 pubmed..This gives support to the hypothesis that the TCI temperament Harm Avoidance is associated with serotonergic neurotransmission in primary alcohol dependence. ..
- Vidal K, van den Broek P, Lorget F, Donnet Hughes A. Osteoprotegerin in human milk: a potential role in the regulation of bone metabolism and immune development. Pediatr Res. 2004;55:1001-8 pubmed..Furthermore, we were able to detect human OPG in the sera of rats gavaged with human milk. We discuss the relevance of our findings for the breast-fed infant and for the prevention of immune and bone disorders. ..
- Lilienfeld B, Garcia Borges C, Crew M, Seebach J. Porcine UL16-binding protein 1 expressed on the surface of endothelial cells triggers human NK cytotoxicity through NKG2D. J Immunol. 2006;177:2146-52 pubmed..Thus, the elimination of pULBP1 on porcine tissues represents an attractive target to protect porcine xenografts from human NK cytotoxicity. ..
- Potot S, Serra C, Henriques A, Schyns G. Display of recombinant proteins on Bacillus subtilis spores, using a coat-associated enzyme as the carrier. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:5926-33 pubmed publisher..The potential of OxdD as a carrier protein is further documented through the spore display of a bioactive heterologous passenger, the tetrameric beta-glucuronidase enzyme from Escherichia coli. ..
- Allam R, Darisipudi M, Tschopp J, Anders H. Histones trigger sterile inflammation by activating the NLRP3 inflammasome. Eur J Immunol. 2013;43:3336-42 pubmed publisher..These results identify cytosolic uptake of necrotic cell-derived histones as a triggering mechanism of sterile inflammation, which involves NLRP3 inflammasome activation and IL-1? secretion via oxidative stress. ..
- Turgay Y, Champion L, Balázs C, Held M, Toso A, Gerlich D, et al. SUN proteins facilitate the removal of membranes from chromatin during nuclear envelope breakdown. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:1099-109 pubmed publisher..Quantification of mitotic timing revealed a delay between NEBD and chromatin separation, indicating a role of SUN proteins in bipolar spindle assembly and mitotic progression. ..
- Miranda G, Schuppli D, Barrera I, Hausherr C, Sogo J, Weber H. Recognition of bacteriophage Qbeta plus strand RNA as a template by Qbeta replicase: role of RNA interactions mediated by ribosomal proteins S1 and host factor. J Mol Biol. 1997;267:1089-103 pubmed..Qbeta RNA molecules with 3'-truncations formed 3'-terminal loops with similar efficiency as wild-type RNA, indicating that recognition of the 3'-end by host factor is not dependent on a specific 3'-terminal base sequence...
- Luthi A, van Der Putten H, Botteri F, Mansuy I, Meins M, Frey U, et al. Endogenous serine protease inhibitor modulates epileptic activity and hippocampal long-term potentiation. J Neurosci. 1997;17:4688-99 pubmed..Compensatory changes in GABA-mediated inhibition in Thy 1/PN-1 mice suggest that altered brain PN-1 levels lead to an imbalance between excitatory and inhibitory synaptic transmission. ..
- Muniz M, Nuoffer C, Hauri H, Riezman H. The Emp24 complex recruits a specific cargo molecule into endoplasmic reticulum-derived vesicles. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:925-30 pubmed..Gap1p, which was not affected by emp24 mutation, was not cross-linked. These results suggest that the Emp24 complex acts as a cargo receptor in vesicle biogenesis from the ER. ..
- Jaquenoud M, Peter M. Gic2p may link activated Cdc42p to components involved in actin polarization, including Bni1p and Bud6p (Aip3p). Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6244-58 pubmed..We propose that at bud emergence, Gic2p functions as an adaptor which may link activated Cdc42p to components involved in actin organization and polarized growth, including Bni1p, Spa2p, and Bud6p. ..
- Ehler E, Horowits R, Zuppinger C, Price R, Perriard E, Leu M, et al. Alterations at the intercalated disk associated with the absence of muscle LIM protein. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:763-72 pubmed
- Jazwinska A, Ribeiro C, Affolter M. Epithelial tube morphogenesis during Drosophila tracheal development requires Piopio, a luminal ZP protein. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:895-901 pubmed..Our results suggest that a similar structural role might be attributed to other ZP-domain proteins in the formation of different branched organs. ..
- Jung D, Fantin A, Scheurer U, Fried M, Kullak Ublick G. Human ileal bile acid transporter gene ASBT (SLC10A2) is transactivated by the glucocorticoid receptor. Gut. 2004;53:78-84 pubmed..This study identifies ASBT as a novel target of glucocorticoid controlled gene regulation in the human intestine. ..
- Fritschy J, Harvey R, Schwarz G. Gephyrin: where do we stand, where do we go?. Trends Neurosci. 2008;31:257-64 pubmed publisher..Unraveling the biology of gephyrin will further our understanding of glycinergic and GABAergic synapses in health and disease. ..
- Zinzalla V, Stracka D, Oppliger W, Hall M. Activation of mTORC2 by association with the ribosome. Cell. 2011;144:757-68 pubmed publisher..As ribosome content determines growth capacity of a cell, this mechanism of TORC2 regulation ensures that TORC2 is active only in growing cells. ..
- Le Carré J, Schorderet D, Cottet S. Altered expression of ?-galactosidase-1-like protein 3 (Glb1l3) in the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE)-specific 65-kDa protein knock-out mouse model of Leber's congenital amaurosis. Mol Vis. 2011;17:1287-97 pubmed..They further indicate that impaired expression of Glb1l3 is mostly due to the absence of the chromophore 11-cis retinal, suggesting that Rpe65 deficiency may have many metabolic consequences in the underlying neuroretina. ..
- Wilson N, Stoeckli E. Sonic hedgehog regulates its own receptor on postcrossing commissural axons in a glypican1-dependent manner. Neuron. 2013;79:478-91 pubmed publisher..Our study characterizes a molecular mechanism by which navigating axons switch their responsiveness at intermediate targets. ..
- Van Slooten J, Bhuvanasvari T, Bardin S, Stanley J. Two C4-dicarboxylate transport systems in Rhizobium sp. NGR234: rhizobial dicarboxylate transport is essential for nitrogen fixation in tropical legume symbioses. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 1992;5:179-86 pubmed
- Bullani R, Huard B, Viard Leveugle I, Byers H, Irmler M, Saurat J, et al. Selective expression of FLIP in malignant melanocytic skin lesions. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;117:360-4 pubmed..Selective expression of FLIP by human melanomas may confer in vivo resistance to FasL and TRAIL, thus representing an additional mechanism by which melanoma cells escape immune destruction. ..
- Zuzak T, Steinhoff D, Sutton L, Phillips P, Eggert A, Grotzer M. Loss of caspase-8 mRNA expression is common in childhood primitive neuroectodermal brain tumour/medulloblastoma. Eur J Cancer. 2002;38:83-91 pubmed..We conclude that loss of caspase-8 gene expression is common in PNET/medulloblastoma suggesting that suppression of death receptor induced apoptosis may play an important role in the pathogenesis of this common childhood brain tumour. ..
- Schmid C, Zwimpfer C, Brandle M, Krayenbühl P, Zapf J, Wiesli P. Effect of thyroxine replacement on serum IGF-I, IGFBP-3 and the acid-labile subunit in patients with hypothyroidism and hypopituitarism. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2006;65:706-11 pubmed
- Muzzin P. The uncoupling proteins. Ann Endocrinol (Paris). 2002;63:106-10 pubmed
- Menu P, Pellegrin M, Aubert J, Bouzourene K, Tardivel A, Mazzolai L, et al. Atherosclerosis in ApoE-deficient mice progresses independently of the NLRP3 inflammasome. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e137 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the NLRP3 inflammasome is not critically implicated in atherosclerosis progression in the ApoE mouse model. ..
- Forster I, Hernando N, Biber J, Murer H. The voltage dependence of a cloned mammalian renal type II Na+/Pi cotransporter (NaPi-2). J Gen Physiol. 1998;112:1-18 pubmed..These findings were incorporated into an ordered kinetic model whereby Na+ is the first and last substrate to bind, and the observed voltage dependence arises from the unloaded carrier and first Na+ binding step...
- Kataoka T, Budd R, Holler N, Thome M, Martinon F, Irmler M, et al. The caspase-8 inhibitor FLIP promotes activation of NF-kappaB and Erk signaling pathways. Curr Biol. 2000;10:640-8 pubmed
- Ravanel K, de Chassey B, Cornillon S, Benghezal M, Zulianello L, Gebbie L, et al. Membrane sorting in the endocytic and phagocytic pathway of Dictyostelium discoideum. Eur J Cell Biol. 2001;80:754-64 pubmed..Our results emphasize the fact that very active membrane traffic takes place in phagocytic and macropinocytic cells. This is coupled with precise membrane sorting to maintain the specific composition of endocytic compartments. ..
- Micheau O, Tschopp J. Induction of TNF receptor I-mediated apoptosis via two sequential signaling complexes. Cell. 2003;114:181-90 pubmed..Thus, TNFR1-mediated-signal transduction includes a checkpoint, resulting in cell death (via complex II) in instances where the initial signal (via complex I, NF-kappa B) fails to be activated. ..
- Breuza L, Halbeisen R, Jeno P, Otte S, Barlowe C, Hong W, et al. Proteomics of endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartment (ERGIC) membranes from brefeldin A-treated HepG2 cells identifies ERGIC-32, a new cycling protein that interacts with human Erv46. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47242-53 pubmed..Our novel approach for the isolation of the ERGIC from BFA-treated cells may ultimately lead to the identification of all proteins rapidly cycling early in the secretory pathway. ..
- Kralic J, Sidler C, Parpan F, Homanics G, Morrow A, Fritschy J. Compensatory alteration of inhibitory synaptic circuits in cerebellum and thalamus of gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor alpha1 subunit knockout mice. J Comp Neurol. 2006;495:408-21 pubmed..In addition, clustering of gephyrin at synaptic sites in cerebellum and thalamus appears to be dependent on expression of a GABA(A) receptor subtype localized postsynaptically. ..
- Pedrioli P, Leidel S, Hofmann K. Urm1 at the crossroad of modifications. 'Protein Modifications: Beyond the Usual Suspects' Review Series. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:1196-202 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the function of Urm1 in light of its dual role in protein and RNA modification. ..
- Guarda G, Braun M, Staehli F, Tardivel A, Mattmann C, Forster I, et al. Type I interferon inhibits interleukin-1 production and inflammasome activation. Immunity. 2011;34:213-23 pubmed publisher..Our findings may thus explain the effectiveness of type I IFN in the treatment of inflammatory diseases but also the observed "weakening" of the immune system after viral infection. ..
- Abicht H, Martinez J, Layer G, Jahn D, Solioz M. Lactococcus lactis HemW (HemN) is a haem-binding protein with a putative role in haem trafficking. Biochem J. 2012;442:335-43 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these findings, we propose a role of HemW in haem trafficking. HemW-like proteins form a distinct phylogenetic clade that has not previously been recognized...
- Verri T, Markovich D, Perego C, Norbis F, Stange G, Sorribas V, et al. Cloning of a rabbit renal Na-Pi cotransporter, which is regulated by dietary phosphate. Am J Physiol. 1995;268:F626-33 pubmed..Thus rabbit proximal tubular BBMs contain two different Na-Pi cotransport systems: NaPi-1 (type I) and NaPi-6 (type II). Only the type II transport system seems to be under regulatory control in response to low-Pi dietary intake...
- Kronidou N, Oppliger W, Bolliger L, Hannavy K, Glick B, Schatz G, et al. Dynamic interaction between Isp45 and mitochondrial hsp70 in the protein import system of the yeast mitochondrial inner membrane. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12818-22 pubmed..This arrangement is reminiscent of the protein transport systems of the yeast endoplasmic reticulum and the bacterial plasma membrane. ..
- Bohni R, Riesgo Escovar J, Oldham S, Brogiolo W, Stocker H, Andruss B, et al. Autonomous control of cell and organ size by CHICO, a Drosophila homolog of vertebrate IRS1-4. Cell. 1999;97:865-75 pubmed
- Hebeisen P, Heinze Krauss I, Angehrn P, Hohl P, Page M, Then R. In vitro and in vivo properties of Ro 63-9141, a novel broad-spectrum cephalosporin with activity against methicillin-resistant staphylococci. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001;45:825-36 pubmed..Since insufficient solubility of Ro 63-9141 itself precludes parenteral administration in humans, a water-soluble prodrug, Ro 65-5788, is considered for development. ..
- Thome M, Gaide O, Micheau O, Martinon F, Bonnet D, Gonzalez M, et al. Equine herpesvirus protein E10 induces membrane recruitment and phosphorylation of its cellular homologue, bcl-10. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:1115-22 pubmed
- Funato K, Riezman H. Vesicular and nonvesicular transport of ceramide from ER to the Golgi apparatus in yeast. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:949-59 pubmed..A cytosolic protease-sensitive factor is required after establishment of ER-Golgi contacts. ..
- Hellstern S, Sasaki T, Fauser C, Lustig A, Timpl R, Engel J. Functional studies on recombinant domains of Mac-2-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15690-6 pubmed..Both fragments showed no cell adhesive activity in contrast to native M2BP, suggesting that a concerted binding action and/or multivalent interactions of rings are necessary for cell attachment. ..
- Brünig I, Suter A, Knuesel I, Luscher B, Fritschy J. GABAergic terminals are required for postsynaptic clustering of dystrophin but not of GABA(A) receptors and gephyrin. J Neurosci. 2002;22:4805-13 pubmed..We suggest that selective signaling from GABAergic terminals contributes to postsynaptic clustering of dystrophin. ..
- Iseli H, Wenzel A, Hafezi F, REme C, Grimm C. Light damage susceptibility and RPE65 in rats. Exp Eye Res. 2002;75:407-13 pubmed..Since LDS in rats did not directly correlate with RPE65 protein levels and rhodopsin regeneration, other yet unidentified (genetic) factors may account for the susceptibility differences observed in rats. ..
- Holler N, Tardivel A, Kovacsovics Bankowski M, Hertig S, Gaide O, Martinon F, et al. Two adjacent trimeric Fas ligands are required for Fas signaling and formation of a death-inducing signaling complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1428-40 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the limited oligomerization of FasL, and most likely of some other tumor necrosis factor family ligands such as CD40L, is required for triggering of the signaling pathways. ..
- Martinon F, Agostini L, Meylan E, Tschopp J. Identification of bacterial muramyl dipeptide as activator of the NALP3/cryopyrin inflammasome. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1929-34 pubmed..The activation of the NALP3-inflammasome by MDP may be the basis of the potent adjuvant activity of MDP. ..
- Szulc J, Wiznerowicz M, Sauvain M, Trono D, Aebischer P. A versatile tool for conditional gene expression and knockdown. Nat Methods. 2006;3:109-16 pubmed..These results open up promising perspectives for basic or translational research and for the development of gene-based therapeutics. ..
- Schroder K, Zhou R, Tschopp J. The NLRP3 inflammasome: a sensor for metabolic danger?. Science. 2010;327:296-300 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that the NLRP3 inflammasome contributes to the pathogenesis of T2DM and gout by functioning as a sensor for metabolic stress. ..
- Escher P, Schorderet D, Cottet S. Altered expression of the transcription factor Mef2c during retinal degeneration in Rpe65-/- mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:5933-40 pubmed publisher..They also indicate that Mef2c may act as a novel transcription factor involved in the development and the maintenance of photoreceptor cells. ..
- Busso N, Ea H. The mechanisms of inflammation in gout and pseudogout (CPP-induced arthritis). Reumatismo. 2012;63:230-7 pubmed publisher..This review will examine these different steps. ..
- Horst M, Oppliger W, Rospert S, Schönfeld H, Schatz G, Azem A. Sequential action of two hsp70 complexes during protein import into mitochondria. EMBO J. 1997;16:1842-9 pubmed..A precursor protein entering the matrix interacts first with the import complex and then with the folding complex. A chaperone can thus function as part of two different complexes within the same organelle. ..
- Koehler C, Merchant S, Oppliger W, Schmid K, Jarosch E, Dolfini L, et al. Tim9p, an essential partner subunit of Tim10p for the import of mitochondrial carrier proteins. EMBO J. 1998;17:6477-86 pubmed..Tim9p is a new subunit of the TIM machinery that guides hydrophobic inner membrane proteins across the aqueous intermembrane space. ..
- Le Goff X, Motegi F, Salimova E, Mabuchi I, Simanis V. The S. pombe rlc1 gene encodes a putative myosin regulatory light chain that binds the type II myosins myo3p and myo2p. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 23:4157-63 pubmed..Two myosin-II heavy chains have been identified in fission yeast: Co-immunoprecipitation experiments indicate that rlc1p associates more strongly with myo3p than myo2p. ..
- Gresko E, Möller A, Roscic A, Schmitz M. Covalent modification of human homeodomain interacting protein kinase 2 by SUMO-1 at lysine 25 affects its stability. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;329:1293-9 pubmed..The N-terminal SUMO-1 modification site is conserved between all vertebrate HIPK2 proteins and is found in all members of the HIPK family of protein kinases. Accordingly, also human HIPK3 is modified by sumoylation. ..
- Chen H, Morris M, Rossier C, Blouin J, Antonarakis S. Cloning of the cDNA for the human ATP synthase OSCP subunit (ATP5O) by exon trapping and mapping to chromosome 21q22.1-q22.2. Genomics. 1995;28:470-6 pubmed..This ATP5O subunit is a key structural component of the stalk of the mitochondrial respiratory chain F1F0-ATP synthase and as such may contribute in a gene dosage-dependent manner to the phenotype of Down syndrome (trisomy 21). ..
- Vassalli J, Huarte J, Bosco D, Sappino A, Sappino N, Velardi A, et al. Protease-nexin I as an androgen-dependent secretory product of the murine seminal vesicle. EMBO J. 1993;12:1871-8 pubmed..PN-I levels are much lower in immature animals, and strongly decreased upon castration. Testosterone treatment of castrated males rapidly restores PN-I mRNA levels, indicating that PN-I gene expression is under androgen control. ..
- Wilson A, de Villartay J, MacDonald H. T cell receptor delta gene rearrangement and T early alpha (TEA) expression in immature alpha beta lineage thymocytes: implications for alpha beta/gamma delta lineage commitment. Immunity. 1996;4:37-45 pubmed..Finally, VDJ delta rearrangements in immature alpha beta cells appear to be random, supporting models in which alpha beta lineage commitment is determined independently of the rearrangement status at the TCR delta locus. ..
- Lengacher S, Reed D, Heumann D, Jongeneel C. Genomic organization and chromosomal localization of the mouse lipopolysaccharide binding protein gene. Immunogenetics. 1999;49:553-6 pubmed
- Lotscher M, Scarpetta Y, Levi M, Halaihel N, Wang H, Zajicek H, et al. Rapid downregulation of rat renal Na/P(i) cotransporter in response to parathyroid hormone involves microtubule rearrangement. J Clin Invest. 1999;104:483-94 pubmed
- Koehler C, Murphy M, Bally N, Leuenberger D, Oppliger W, Dolfini L, et al. Tim18p, a new subunit of the TIM22 complex that mediates insertion of imported proteins into the yeast mitochondrial inner membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1187-93 pubmed..We suggest that Tim18p functions in the assembly and stabilization of the TIM22 complex but does not directly participate in protein insertion into the inner membrane. ..
- Spaniol M, Brooks H, Auer L, Zimmermann A, Solioz M, Stieger B, et al. Development and characterization of an animal model of carnitine deficiency. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:1876-87 pubmed..THP-treated rats develop systemic carnitine deficiency over three weeks and can therefore serve as an animal model for human carnitine deficiency. ..
- Perreten V, Boerlin P. A new sulfonamide resistance gene (sul3) in Escherichia coli is widespread in the pig population of Switzerland. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:1169-72 pubmed..coli. Two copies of the insertion element IS15Delta/26 flanked the region containing sul3. The sul3 gene was detected in one-third of the sulfonamide-resistant pathogenic E. coli isolates from pigs in Switzerland...
- Marti T, Mansour A, Lehmann E, Fleck O. Different frameshift mutation spectra in non-repetitive DNA of MutSalpha- and MutLalpha-deficient fission yeast cells. DNA Repair (Amst). 2003;2:571-80 pubmed..Such duplications were less frequent in double mutants additionally defective in msh2, msh6, rad2, or exo1. Thus, accumulation of (CG)(2) in MutLalpha-deficient strains depends on the presence of MutSalpha, Rad2 and Exo1. ..
- Balga R, Wetterwald A, Portenier J, Dolder S, Mueller C, Hofstetter W. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha: alternative role as an inhibitor of osteoclast formation in vitro. Bone. 2006;39:325-35 pubmed
- Cranz Mileva S, Imkamp F, Kolygo K, Maglica Z, Kress W, Weber Ban E. The flexible attachment of the N-domains to the ClpA ring body allows their use on demand. J Mol Biol. 2008;378:412-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the flexible attachment of the N-domains to ClpA allows their recruitment to the pore on demand for certain substrates, while allowing them to move out of the way for substrates binding directly to the pore. ..
- Guarda G, Zenger M, Yazdi A, Schroder K, Ferrero I, Menu P, et al. Differential expression of NLRP3 among hematopoietic cells. J Immunol. 2011;186:2529-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, NLRP3 levels at the site of adaptive response initiation are controlled by recruitment of NLRP3-expressing cells and by NLRP3 induction. ..
- Markovich D, Forgo J, Stange G, Biber J, Murer H. Expression cloning of rat renal Na+/SO4(2-) cotransport. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8073-7 pubmed..The above data indicate that we have structurally identified a membrane protein involved in renal and small-intestinal brush-border membrane Na+/SO4(2-) cotransport. ..
- Magagnin S, Werner A, Markovich D, Sorribas V, Stange G, Biber J, et al. Expression cloning of human and rat renal cortex Na/Pi cotransport. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:5979-83 pubmed..8 kb) was observed only in the lung (human). We conclude that we have structurally identified two closely related proteins most likely involved in human and rat renal brush border Na/Pi cotransport. ..
- Kohler S, Henderson B, Kuhn L. Succinate dehydrogenase b mRNA of Drosophila melanogaster has a functional iron-responsive element in its 5'-untranslated region. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:30781-6 pubmed..Furthermore, Drosophila SDHb represents the second example, after porcine mitochondrial aconitase, of an enzyme of the citric acid cycle whose mRNA possesses all necessary features for translational regulation by cellular iron levels. ..
- Hartmann C, Hewson A, Kos C, Hilfiker H, Soumounou Y, Murer H, et al. Structure of murine and human renal type II Na+-phosphate cotransporter genes (Npt2 and NPT2). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7409-14 pubmed
- Barazzone C, Belin D, Piguet P, Vassalli J, Sappino A. Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in acute hyperoxic mouse lung injury. J Clin Invest. 1996;98:2666-73 pubmed..These observations provide clear and novel evidence for the pathogenic contribution of PAI-1 in the development of hyaline membrane disease. They identify PAI-1 as a major deleterious mediator of hyperoxic lung injury. ..
- M ser P, S tterlin C, Kralli A, Kaminsky R. A nucleoside transporter from Trypanosoma brucei involved in drug resistance. Science. 1999;285:242-4 pubmed..Drug-resistant trypanosomes harbor a defective TbAT1 variant. The molecular identification of the entry route of trypanocides opens the way to approaches for diagnosis and treatment of drug-resistant sleeping sickness...
- Gao B, Meier P. Organic anion transport across the choroid plexus. Microsc Res Tech. 2001;52:60-4 pubmed
- Tardivel A, Tinel A, Lens S, Steiner Q, Sauberli E, Wilson A, et al. The anti-apoptotic factor Bcl-2 can functionally substitute for the B cell survival but not for the marginal zone B cell differentiation activity of BAFF. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:509-18 pubmed..These results suggest that BAFF is required not only to inhibit apoptosis of maturating B cells, but also to promote differentiation events, in particular those leading to the generation of marginal zone B cells. ..
- Mulet J, Martin D, Loewith R, Hall M. Mutual antagonism of target of rapamycin and calcineurin signaling. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:33000-7 pubmed..Thus, TORC2-SLM signaling negatively regulates calcineurin, and calcineurin negatively regulates TORC2-SLM. These findings provide a molecular basis for the mutual antagonism of growth and stress. ..
- Yazdi A, Guarda G, Riteau N, Drexler S, Tardivel A, Couillin I, et al. Nanoparticles activate the NLR pyrin domain containing 3 (Nlrp3) inflammasome and cause pulmonary inflammation through release of IL-1? and IL-1?. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19449-54 pubmed publisher..The current use of nano-TiO(2) may present a health hazard due to its capacity to induce IL-1R signaling, a situation reminiscent of inflammation provoked by asbestos exposure. ..
- Eid W, Steger M, El Shemerly M, Ferretti L, Pena Diaz J, König C, et al. DNA end resection by CtIP and exonuclease 1 prevents genomic instability. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:962-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study identifies new functions of CtIP and EXO1 in DNA end resection and provides new information on the regulation of DSB repair pathways, which is a key factor in the maintenance of genome integrity. ..
- Rahm N, Yap M, Snoeck J, Zoete V, Mu oz M, Radespiel U, et al. Unique spectrum of activity of prosimian TRIM5alpha against exogenous and endogenous retroviruses. J Virol. 2011;85:4173-83 pubmed publisher..Data on lemur TRIM5? and the prediction of ancestral simian sequences hint at an evolutionary scenario where antiretroviral specificity is prominently defined by the lineage-specific expansion of the variable loops of B30.2/SPRY...
- van der Vaart B, van Riel W, Doodhi H, Kevenaar J, Katrukha E, Gumy L, et al. CFEOM1-associated kinesin KIF21A is a cortical microtubule growth inhibitor. Dev Cell. 2013;27:145-160 pubmed publisher..Our study provides mechanistic insight into cortical microtubule regulation and suggests that altered microtubule dynamics contribute to CFEOM1 pathogenesis. ..
- Werner A, Moore M, Mantei N, Biber J, Semenza G, Murer H. Cloning and expression of cDNA for a Na/Pi cotransport system of kidney cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:9608-12 pubmed..We conclude that we have cloned a cDNA for a Na/Pi cotransport system present in rabbit kidney cortex. ..
- Maridor G, Krek W, Nigg E. Structure and developmental expression of chicken nucleolin and NO38: coordinate expression of two abundant non-ribosomal nucleolar proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1049:126-33 pubmed..From these results we conclude, first, that the expression of nucleolin and NO38 is controlled coordinately, and, second, that regulation is likely to involve both transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanisms. ..
- Schimmöller F, Singer Krüger B, Schroder S, Kruger U, Barlowe C, Riezman H. The absence of Emp24p, a component of ER-derived COPII-coated vesicles, causes a defect in transport of selected proteins to the Golgi. EMBO J. 1995;14:1329-39 pubmed..We propose that Emp24p is involved in the sorting and/or concentration of a subset of secretory proteins into ER-derived transport vesicles. ..
- Lotscher M, Kaissling B, Biber J, Murer H, Kempson S, Levi M. Regulation of rat renal Na/Pi-cotransporter by parathyroid hormone: immunohistochemistry. Kidney Int. 1996;49:1010-1 pubmed
- Beggah A, Mathews P, Beguin P, Geering K. Degradation and endoplasmic reticulum retention of unassembled alpha- and beta-subunits of Na,K-ATPase correlate with interaction of BiP. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:20895-902 pubmed..These data demonstrate for the first time that BiP might be involved in a long term maturation arrest and/or in the ER quality control of a multimembrane-spanning protein and lend support for a universal chaperone function of BiP. ..