Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carrier proteins in Japan
Topic: carrier proteins
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Razzaque M, Taguchi T. The possible role of colligin/HSP47, a collagen-binding protein, in the pathogenesis of human and experimental fibrotic diseases. Histol Histopathol. 1999;14:1199-212 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that upregulation of this collagen-specific chaperone-colligin/HSP47 may play an important role in the subsequent fibrotic process, possibly by regulating increased synthesis/assembly of collagens. ..
- Hirose T, Kawabuchi M, Tamaru T, Okumura N, Nagai K, Okada M. Identification of tudor repeat associator with PCTAIRE 2 (Trap). A novel protein that interacts with the N-terminal domain of PCTAIRE 2 in rat brain. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:2113-21 pubmed..These findings suggest that Trap is a physiological partner of PCTAIRE 2 in terminally differentiated neurons. ..
- Mori T, Guo M, Sato E, Baba T, Takasaki S, Mori E. Molecular and immunological approaches to mammalian fertilization. J Reprod Immunol. 2000;47:139-58 pubmed
- Taguchi J, Fujii A, Fujino Y, Tsujioka Y, Takahashi M, Tsuboi Y, et al. Different expression of calreticulin and immunoglobulin binding protein in Alzheimer's disease brain. Acta Neuropathol. 2000;100:153-60 pubmed..These results suggest that CRT may be a multifunctional protein in human brain, and that the weak expression of CRT and the positive staining of microglial processes in AD brain may be part of the pathological processes in AD. ..
- Akita H, Suzuki H, Ito K, Kinoshita S, Sato N, Takikawa H, et al. Characterization of bile acid transport mediated by multidrug resistance associated protein 2 and bile salt export pump. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1511:7-16 pubmed..These results can be accounted for by assuming that the sulfated bile acids trans-inhibit the Bsep-mediated transport of TC. ..
- Ito K, Adachi S, Iwakami R, Yasuda H, Muto Y, Seki N, et al. N-Terminally extended human ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes (E2s) mediate the ubiquitination of RING-finger proteins, ARA54 and RNF8. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2725-32 pubmed..Our results suggest that ARA54 and RNF8 possibly act as Ub-ligases (E3) in the ubiquitination of certain nuclear protein(s). ..
- Vermunt A, Kamimura M, Hirai M, Kiuchi M, Shiotsuki T. The juvenile hormone binding protein of silkworm haemolymph: gene and functional analysis. Insect Mol Biol. 2001;10:147-54 pubmed..JHBP protein was constant until wandering, then declined. Recombinant hJHBP1 expressed in E. coli migrated on SDS-PAGE with a Mr of 32 kDa and showed a Kd of 4.5 x 10-7 M with JH III, both similar to those of native hJHBP...
- Kanbayashi T, Inoue Y, Chiba S, Aizawa R, Saito Y, Tsukamoto H, et al. CSF hypocretin-1 (orexin-A) concentrations in narcolepsy with and without cataplexy and idiopathic hypersomnia. J Sleep Res. 2002;11:91-3 pubmed..Low CSF hypocretin-1 is therefore very specific for HLA DR2 positive narcolepsy-cataplexy, and the deficiency is likely to be established at the early stage of the disease...
- Takatsu H, Yoshino K, Toda K, Nakayama K. GGA proteins associate with Golgi membranes through interaction between their GGAH domains and ADP-ribosylation factors. Biochem J. 2002;365:369-78 pubmed..In contrast, on the basis of similar experiments, ARF6 (Class III) may be involved in recruitment of GGA proteins to other compartments, possibly early endosomes. ..
- Kohashi T, Tateaki Y, Tateno C, Asahara T, Obara M, Yoshizato K. Expression of pleiotrophin in hepatic nonparenchymal cells and preneoplastic nodules in carbon tetrachloride-induced fibrotic rat liver. Growth Factors. 2002;20:53-60 pubmed..PTN mRNA expression is significantly upregulated in the CCl4-induced chronic rat fibrotic liver tissues. We suggest that PTN might be involved in fibrogenesis and preneoplastic changes of liver. ..
- Abe M, Suzuki K, Inagaki O, Sassa S, Shikama H. A novel MPL point mutation resulting in thrombopoietin-independent activation. Leukemia. 2002;16:1500-6 pubmed..Examination of intracellular signaling pathways demonstrated that the mutant MPL protein constitutively activates three distinct signaling pathways, SHC-Ras-Raf-MAPK/JNK, JAK-STAT, and PI3K-Akt-Bad. ..
- Toyoda A, Takano K, Minato H. A possible role of cellulose-binding protein A (CBPA) in the adhesion of Eubacterium cellulosolvens 5 to cellulose. J Gen Appl Microbiol. 2003;49:245-50 pubmed..CBPA rapidly decreased the viscosity of CMC, indicating that CBPA was endoglucanase. The results obtained in this study indicate that CBPA plays an important role in the adhesion of E. cellulosolvens 5 cells to cellulose...
- Yatsuya H, Tamakoshi K, Hattori H, Otsuka R, Wada K, Zhang H, et al. Serum phospholipid transfer protein mass as a possible protective factor for coronary heart diseases. Circ J. 2004;68:11-6 pubmed..The results of this prospective study indicate that the serum PLTP concentration would serve as a predictor of CHD, independent of HDL cholesterol, triglycerides and other established risk factors. ..
- Nakajima Takenaka C, Sakata S, Kato S, Ohga Y, Murata K, Taniguchi S, et al. Detrimental effects after dobutamine infusion on rat left ventricular function: mechanical work and energetics. Exp Physiol. 2005;90:635-44 pubmed
- Takahashi H, Wakabayashi K. Controversy: is Parkinson's disease a single disease entity? Yes. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2005;11 Suppl 1:S31-7 pubmed..Extensive pathological findings support the idea that PD is a single disease entity and that there are no cases of PD in which neurodegeneration occurs only in the substantia nigra and in which there are no LBs. ..
- Taniguchi A, Urano W, Yamanaka M, Yamanaka H, Hosoyamada M, Endou H, et al. A common mutation in an organic anion transporter gene, SLC22A12, is a suppressing factor for the development of gout. Arthritis Rheum. 2005;52:2576-7 pubmed
- Kakinuma Y, Igarashi K. Active potassium extrusion regulated by intracellular pH in Streptococcus faecalis. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:14166-70 pubmed..8 to 7.6, at which point K+ extrusion ceased. The results suggest that K+ extrusion is due to an ATP-driven transport system that expels K+ by exchange for H+ and is active only at alkaline cytoplasmic pH...
- Toyama Sorimachi N, Sorimachi H, Tobita Y, Kitamura F, Yagita H, Suzuki K, et al. A novel ligand for CD44 is serglycin, a hematopoietic cell lineage-specific proteoglycan. Possible involvement in lymphoid cell adherence and activation. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:7437-44 pubmed..We conclude that the serglycin secreted from secretory granules of hematopoietic cells is a novel ligand for CD44, and could regulate lymphoid cell adherence and activation. ..
- Sawada M, Nishikawa M, Adachi T, Midorikawa O, Hiai H. A Paneth cell specific zinc-binding protein in the rat. Purification and immunohistochemical localization. Lab Invest. 1993;68:338-44 pubmed..A 90 kd zinc-binding protein was identified and purified from rat Paneth cells that was deleted in dithizone-treated rat intestine. We propose to designate it as a zinc-binding protein of Paneth cell. ..
- Yompakdee C, Ogawa N, Harashima S, Oshima Y. A putative membrane protein, Pho88p, involved in inorganic phosphate transport in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Gen Genet. 1996;251:580-90 pubmed..Both disruption and high dosage of PHO88 or PHO86 resulted in reduced Pi uptake. These findings suggest that Pho88p is also involved in Pi transport and modulates Pho81p function together with Pho86p. ..
- Terada T, Saito H, Mukai M, Inui K. Identification of the histidine residues involved in substrate recognition by a rat H+/peptide cotransporter, PEPT1. FEBS Lett. 1996;394:196-200 pubmed..These findings suggest that both histidine 57 and histidine 121, which are conserved in the rat, rabbit and human PEPT1, are involved in substrate recognition of this molecule. ..
- Watanabe R, Fujii H, Yamamoto A, Yamaguchi H, Takenouchi T, Kameda K, et al. Expression of cutaneous fatty acid-binding protein and its mRNA in rat skin. Arch Dermatol Res. 1996;288:481-3 pubmed..Since epidermis and sebaceous glands are active sites of fatty acid synthesis, these results suggest that C-FABP may have important roles in the transport and synthesis of fatty acids. ..
- Matsuda A, Kosugi S. A homozygous missense mutation of the sodium/iodide symporter gene causing iodide transport defect. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997;82:3966-71 pubmed..Northern analysis of thyroid ribonucleic acid revealed that NIS messenger ribonucleic acid level was markedly increased (> 100-fold) compared with that in the normal thyroid, suggesting possible compensation by overexpression...
- Mori K, Ogawa Y, Ebihara K, Aoki T, Tamura N, Sugawara A, et al. Kidney-specific expression of a novel mouse organic cation transporter-like protein. FEBS Lett. 1997;417:371-4 pubmed
- Ito K, Suzuki H, Hirohashi T, Kume K, Shimizu T, Sugiyama Y. Functional analysis of a canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter cloned from rat liver. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:1684-8 pubmed
- Yoshida Y, Matsuda S, Ikematsu N, Kawamura Tsuzuku J, Inazawa J, Umemori H, et al. ANA, a novel member of Tob/BTG1 family, is expressed in the ventricular zone of the developing central nervous system. Oncogene. 1998;16:2687-93 pubmed..Finally, overexpression of ANA impaired serum-induced cell cycle progression from the G0/G1 to S phase. In conclusion, ANA is a fourth member of the Tob/BTG1 family that might play roles in neurogenesis in the central nervous system. ..
- Dev K, Nishimune A, Henley J, Nakanishi S. The protein kinase C alpha binding protein PICK1 interacts with short but not long form alternative splice variants of AMPA receptor subunits. Neuropharmacology. 1999;38:635-44 pubmed..This novel interaction provides a possible regulatory mechanism to specifically modulate distinct splice variants and may be involved in targeting the phosphorylation of short form GluRs by PKC alpha. ..
- Higuchi Y, Ito M, Tajima M, Higuchi S, Miyamoto N, Nishio M, et al. Gene expression during osteoclast-like cell formation induced by antifusion regulatory protein-1/CD98/4F2 monoclonal antibodies (MAbs): c-src is selectively induced by anti-FRP-1 MAb. Bone. 1999;25:17-24 pubmed..On the other hand, no receptor activator of NF-KB ligand (RANKL) mRNA was detectable in any of the samples, suggesting that anti-FRP-1 mAb can induce osteoclast-like cells from blood monocytes without RANKL. ..
- Komatsuda A, Wakui H, Ohtani H, Imai H, Miura A, Itoh H. Intracellular localization of HSP73 and HSP90 in rat kidneys with acute lysosomal thesaurismosis. Pathol Int. 1999;49:513-8 pubmed..Our findings demonstrated that HSP73 and HSP90 chaperone proteins specifically accumulated within lysosomes of proximal tubular epithelial cells during the course of PDGA-induced acute lysosomal thesaurismosis. ..
- Mizukoshi E, Suzuki M, Loupatov A, Uruno T, Hayashi H, Misono T, et al. Fibroblast growth factor-1 interacts with the glucose-regulated protein GRP75/mortalin. Biochem J. 1999;343 Pt 2:461-6 pubmed..These results reveal that GRP75/mortalin is an intracellular FGF-1-binding protein in cells and suggest that GRP75/mortalin is involved in the trafficking of and/or signalling by FGF-1. ..
- Irie S, Hachiya T, Rabizadeh S, Maruyama W, Mukai J, Li Y, et al. Functional interaction of Fas-associated phosphatase-1 (FAP-1) with p75(NTR) and their effect on NF-kappaB activation. FEBS Lett. 1999;460:191-8 pubmed..Thus, FAP-1 may regulate p75(NTR)-mediated signal transduction by physiological interaction through its third PDZ domain. ..
- Kunieda T, Takahashi K, Shinkai Y, Tsuji T, Schweinfest C, Katoh H. The down-regulated in adenoma (Dra) gene encoding intestine-specific anion transporter maps to mouse chromosome 12. Exp Anim. 2000;49:67-8 pubmed
- Fan Q, Muramatsu T, Kadomatsu K. Distinct expression of midkine and pleiotrophin in the spinal cord and placental tissues during early mouse development. Dev Growth Differ. 2000;42:113-9 pubmed..The distinct expression of midkine and pleiotrophin suggests their differential role in early development. ..
- Shoda J, Oda K, Suzuki H, Sugiyama Y, Ito K, Cohen D, et al. Etiologic significance of defects in cholesterol, phospholipid, and bile acid metabolism in the liver of patients with intrahepatic calculi. Hepatology. 2001;33:1194-205 pubmed
- Takahashi S, Hori K, Takahashi K, Ogasawara H, Tomatsu M, Saito K. Effects of nucleotides on N-acetyl-d-glucosamine 2-epimerases (renin-binding proteins): comparative biochemical studies. J Biochem. 2001;130:815-21 pubmed..These results indicate that mammalian RnBPs have GlcNAc 2-epimerase activity and that nucleotides are essential for formation of the catalytic domain of the enzyme. ..
- Toh e A, Oguchi T. Defects in glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI) anchor synthesis activate Hog1 kinase and confer copper-resistance in Saccharomyces cerevisisae. Genes Genet Syst. 2001;76:393-410 pubmed..We propose that a defect in GPI anchor synthesis has multiple consequences, including activation of the Hog1 MAP kinase cascade and conferring copper-resistance. ..
- Shirai M, Osugi T, Koga H, Kaji Y, Takimoto E, Komuro I, et al. The Polycomb-group gene Rae28 sustains Nkx2.5/Csx expression and is essential for cardiac morphogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2002;110:177-84 pubmed..5 expression in cardiomyocytes. Thus, our data show that a mammalian PcG gene can play a key role in organogenesis by helping to maintain the expression of a selector gene. ..
- Shirai C, Takai T, Nariai M, Horigome C, Mizuta K. Ebp2p, the yeast homolog of Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 1-binding protein 2, interacts with factors of both the 60 S and the 40 s ribosomal subunit assembly. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:25353-8 pubmed..35 S pre-rRNA and aberrant 23 S RNA accumulated, indicating that pre-rRNA processing at sites A(0)-A(2) is inhibited when Yil019w is depleted. Each combination from Yil019w, Utp11p, and Rps16p showed two-hybrid interaction. ..
- Akiyama M, Ishida N, Ogawa T, Yogo K, Takeya T. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of a novel Cx43 partner protein CIP150. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;335:1264-71 pubmed..These results suggest that the newly identified domain is essential for the proper phosphorylation and localization of Cx43, and CIP150 is a novel partner protein targeting this domain. ..
- Wakabayashi Y, Kobayashi M, Akashi Takamura S, Tanimura N, Konno K, Takahashi K, et al. A protein associated with toll-like receptor 4 (PRAT4A) regulates cell surface expression of TLR4. J Immunol. 2006;177:1772-9 pubmed..PRAT4A knockdown down-regulated cell surface TLR4/MD-2 on dendritic cells. These results demonstrate a novel mechanism regulating TLR4/MD-2 expression on the cell surface. ..
- Mima J, Fukada H, Nagayama M, Ueda M. Specific membrane binding of the carboxypeptidase Y inhibitor I(C), a phosphatidylethanolamine-binding protein family member. FEBS J. 2006;273:5374-83 pubmed..The present findings provide novel insights into the membrane-targeting and biological functions of I(C) and phosphatidylethanolamine-binding proteins. ..
- Araki N, Ishigami T, Ushio H, Minegishi S, Umemura M, Miyagi Y, et al. Identification of NPC2 protein as interaction molecule with C2 domain of human Nedd4L. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:290-6 pubmed publisher..NPC2 might regulate sodium reabsorption in the terminal nephron by interacting with ENaC-Nedd4L system. ..
- Hayashi Y, Osanai M, Lee G. Fascin-1 expression correlates with repression of E-cadherin expression in hepatocellular carcinoma cells and augments their invasiveness in combination with matrix metalloproteinases. Cancer Sci. 2011;102:1228-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we propose that fascin-1 primarily acts as a migration factor associated with EMT in HCC cells and facilitates their invasiveness in combination with MMPs. ..
- Kanei Ishii C, Nomura T, Egoh A, Ishii S. Fbxw5 suppresses nuclear c-Myb activity via DDB1-Cul4-Rbx1 ligase-mediated sumoylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;426:59-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that multiple E3 ligases suppress c-Myb activity through sumoylation or ubiquitination, and that v-Myb is no longer subject to these negative regulations. ..
- Hattori T, Takahash K, Yutani Y, Fujisawa T, Nakanishi T, Takigawa M. Rheumatoid arthritis-related antigen 47kDa (RA-A47) is a product of colligin-2 and acts as a human HSP47. J Bone Miner Metab. 2000;18:328-34 pubmed
- Takaya K, Ogawa Y, Isse N, Okazaki T, Satoh N, Masuzaki H, et al. Molecular cloning of rat leptin receptor isoform complementary DNAs--identification of a missense mutation in Zucker fatty (fa/fa) rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;225:75-83 pubmed..These Ob-R isoform mRNAs were present in the brain from Zucker fatty (fa/fa) rats at comparable amounts to those in their lean littermates. The present study provides new insight into the molecular mechanisms for Ob-R. ..
- Inaba Y, Tian Q, Okano A, Zhang J, Sakagami H, Miyazawa S, et al. Brain-specific potential guanine nucleotide exchange factor for Arf, synArfGEF (Po), is localized to postsynaptic density. J Neurochem. 2004;89:1347-57 pubmed..Thus, both the mRNA and the protein were localized in the postsynaptic compartments. These results suggest a postsynaptic role of synArfGEF in the brain. ..
- Kimura H, Hitomi M, Odani S, Koide T, Arakawa M, Ono T. Rat heart fatty acid-binding protein. Evidence that supports the amino acid sequence predicted from the cDNA. Biochem J. 1989;260:303-6 pubmed..Our result completely agreed with the amino acid sequence predicted from the cDNA analyses, providing evidence for the actual existence of the molecular species predicted from the cDNA. ..
- Huang Z, Qu W, Li W, Mochizuki T, Eguchi N, Watanabe T, et al. Arousal effect of orexin A depends on activation of the histaminergic system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:9965-70 pubmed..These findings strongly indicate that the arousal effect of orexin A depends on the activation of histaminergic neurotransmission mediated by H1R. ..
- Suzuki A, Niimi Y, Shinmyozu K, Zhou Z, Kiso M, Saga Y. Dead end1 is an essential partner of NANOS2 for selective binding of target RNAs in male germ cell development. EMBO Rep. 2016;17:37-46 pubmed publisher..We also present the first evidence that the zinc finger domain of Nanos acts as a protein-interacting domain for another RBP, providing a novel insight into Nanos-mediated germ cell development. ..
- Suga S, Tsurudome M, Ohgimoto S, Tabata N, Nishio M, Kawano M, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type-1 envelope glycoprotein gp120 induces expression of fusion regulatory protein (FRP)-1/CD98 on CD4+ T cells: a possible regulatory mechanism of HIV-induced syncytium formation. Med Microbiol Immunol. 1997;185:237-43 pubmed..These results suggest that FRP-1 molecules are induced on CD4+ T cells via CD4-gp120 interaction and may play an important role in regulation of HIV-induced syncytium formation. ..
- Takaesu G, Kishida S, Hiyama A, Yamaguchi K, Shibuya H, Irie K, et al. TAB2, a novel adaptor protein, mediates activation of TAK1 MAPKKK by linking TAK1 to TRAF6 in the IL-1 signal transduction pathway. Mol Cell. 2000;5:649-58 pubmed..These results define TAB2 as an adaptor linking TAK1 and TRAF6 and as a mediator of TAK1 activation in the IL-1 signaling pathway. ..
- Kitamura K, Takahashi K, Noguchi Y, Kuroishikawa Y, Tamagawa Y, Ishikawa K, et al. Mutations of the Pendred syndrome gene (PDS) in patients with large vestibular aqueduct. Acta Otolaryngol. 2000;120:137-41 pubmed..Both mutations are situated in the extracellular domain close to the C terminal. It thus appears that PDS mutations can lead not only to classic Pendred syndrome, but also to large vestibular aqueduct syndrome...
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Identification and characterization of human DAAM2 gene in silico. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:915-20 pubmed..Therefore, it was concluded that FMNL1, FMNL2, DIAPH1, DIAPH2, DAAM1 and DAAM2 proteins constitute the Formin-homology FDD subfamily. ..
- Shiba D, Manning D, Koga H, Beier D, Yokoyama T. Inv acts as a molecular anchor for Nphp3 and Nek8 in the proximal segment of primary cilia. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010;67:112-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Inv acts as an anchor for Nphp3 and Nek8 in the Inv compartment, and suggest that Inv compartment is a candidate site for intra-ciliary interaction of Inv, Nphp3 and Nek8. ..
- Kume K, Kubota S, Koyano T, Kanai M, Mizunuma M, Toda T, et al. Fission yeast leucine-rich repeat protein Lrp1 is essential for cell morphogenesis as a component of the morphogenesis Orb6 network (MOR). Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:1086-91 pubmed..Lrp1 interacted with Nak1 and was important for Orb6 kinase activity. Thus Lrp1 proved to function upstream of Orb6 in cell morphogenesis. ..
- Kobayashi E, Nakano H, Morimoto M, Tamaoki T. Calphostin C (UCN-1028C), a novel microbial compound, is a highly potent and specific inhibitor of protein kinase C. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1989;159:548-53 pubmed..The potent cytotoxic activity and antitumor activity of calphostin C might be due to the inhibition of protein kinase C, and thus it may be potentially useful for the therapeutic application. ..
- Kitani T, Fujisawa H. Purification and characterization of antizyme inhibitor of ornithine decarboxylase from rat liver. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1989;991:44-9 pubmed..The results indicate that antizyme inhibitor may be a protein distinct from ornithine decarboxylase. ..
- Michikawa Y, Baba T, Arai Y, Sakakura T, Kusakabe M. Structure and organization of the gene encoding a mouse mitochondrial stress-70 protein. FEBS Lett. 1993;336:27-33 pubmed..Moreover, the first intron is interrupted within the amino-terminal leader sequence, the pattern of which is similar to that of cytochrome c1 located in the mitochondria. ..
- Honda Y, Tojo M, Matsuzaki K, Anan T, Matsumoto M, Ando M, et al. Cooperation of HECT-domain ubiquitin ligase hHYD and DNA topoisomerase II-binding protein for DNA damage response. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3599-605 pubmed..These results demonstrated that hHYD coordinated TopBP1 in the DNA damage response. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Identification and characterization of human LL5A gene and mouse Ll5a gene in silico. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:1477-83 pubmed..LL5alpha protein might be a transducer of PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 levels to the intracellular trafficking system. ..
- Kanda T, Fujii H, Tani T, Murakami H, Suda T, Sakai Y, et al. Intestinal fatty acid-binding protein is a useful diagnostic marker for mesenteric infarction in humans. Gastroenterology. 1996;110:339-43 pubmed
- Furuta M, Shiraishi T, Okamoto H, Mineta T, Tabuchi K, Shiwa M. Identification of pleiotrophin in conditioned medium secreted from neural stem cells by SELDI-TOF and SELDI-tandem mass spectrometry. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;152:189-97 pubmed
- Koizumi N, Morozumi A, Imamura M, Tanaka E, Iwahana H, Sato R. Lipopolysaccharide-binding proteins and their involvement in the bacterial clearance from the hemolymph of the silkworm Bombyx mori. Eur J Biochem. 1997;248:217-24 pubmed..mori LPS-binding proteins). We also found that BmLBP participated in the clearance of E. coli cells injected into the body cavity of the silkworm...
- Mochizuki K, Suruga K, Yagi E, Takase S, Goda T. The expression of PPAR-associated genes is modulated through postnatal development of PPAR subtypes in the small intestine. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1531:68-76 pubmed..These results suggest that acyl-CoA oxidase, L-FABP and the other PPAR-dependent genes in the small intestine may be coordinately modulated during postnatal development by the disproportional expression of PPARalpha over PPARdelta. ..
- Yui N, Ooya T, Kawashima T, Saito Y, Tamai I, Sai Y, et al. Inhibitory effect of supramolecular polyrotaxane-dipeptide conjugates on digested peptide uptake via intestinal human peptide transporter. Bioconjug Chem. 2002;13:582-7 pubmed..Therefore, our data clearly suggests that supramolecular structure in the polyrotaxane conjugates contributes considerably to the inhibitory effect via multivalent binding of Val-Lys groups with hPEPT1. ..
- Kanamoto R, Azuma N, Suda H, Saeki T, Tsuchihashi Y, Iwami K, et al. Elimination of Na+-dependent bile acid transporter from small intestine by ileum resection increases [correction of increase] colonic tumorigenesis in the rat fed deoxycholic acid. Cancer Lett. 1999;145:115-20 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that malabsorption of bile acids owing to the lack of ISBT enhanced colon tumorigenesis. ..
- Kojima H, Nemoto A, Uemura T, Honma R, Ogura M, Liu Y. rDrak1, a novel kinase related to apoptosis, is strongly expressed in active osteoclasts and induces apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19238-43 pubmed..Hence, rDRAK1 may play an important role in the core apoptosis program in osteoclast. ..
- Kashiwagi K, Miyaji A, Ikeda S, Tobe T, Sasakawa C, Igarashi K. Increase of sensitivity to aminoglycoside antibiotics by polyamine-induced protein (oligopeptide-binding protein) in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:4331-7 pubmed..Spermidine uptake activity by the OppA protein was less than 1% of that of the ordinary spermidine uptake system. Aminoglycoside antibiotics neither stimulated the synthesis of OppA protein nor increased spermidine uptake. ..
- Aoki N, Hirose T, Takahashi S, Ono K, Ishimaru K, Ohsugi R. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of a gene for a sucrose transporter in maize (Zea mays L.). Plant Cell Physiol. 1999;40:1072-8 pubmed
- Komatsuzawa H, Choi G, Fujiwara T, Huang Y, Ohta K, Sugai M, et al. Identification of a fmtA-like gene that has similarity to other PBPs and beta-lactamases in Staphylococcus aureus. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2000;188:35-9 pubmed..Recombinant FLP protein, however, lacks penicillin binding activity, and the inactivation of flp in two methicillin-resistant S. aureus strains did not cause a reduction in the methicillin resistance...
- Hara H, Narita S, Karibian D, Park J, Yamamoto Y, Nishimura Y. Identification and characterization of the Escherichia coli envC gene encoding a periplasmic coiled-coil protein with putative peptidase activity. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;212:229-36 pubmed..Disruption of the chromosomal envC caused the same defects as the envC point mutation, indicating the gene is dispensable for growth but important for normal septation/separation and cell envelope integrity...
- Katoh M, Katoh M. FNBP2 gene on human chromosome 1q32.1 encodes ARHGAP family protein with FCH, FBH, RhoGAP and SH3 domains. Int J Mol Med. 2003;11:791-7 pubmed..This is the first report on comprehensive characterization of FNBP2 gene as well as on identification of the FBH domain. ..
- Katoh Y, Katoh M. Comparative genomics on Vangl1 and Vangl2 genes. Int J Oncol. 2005;26:1435-40 pubmed..This is the first report on rat Vangl1 and Vangl2 genes as well as on comparative genomics for Vangl1 and Vangl2 orthologs. ..
- Kimura M. IRF2-binding protein-1 is a JDP2 ubiquitin ligase and an inhibitor of ATF2-dependent transcription. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:2833-7 pubmed publisher..As anticipated from the presence of a RING-finger domain, IRF2-BP1 enhanced the polyubiquitination of JDP2. Moreover, IRF2-BP1 repressed ATF2-mediated transcriptional activation from a CRE-containing promoter. ..
- Igarashi M, Osuga J, Uozaki H, Sekiya M, Nagashima S, Takahashi M, et al. The critical role of neutral cholesterol ester hydrolase 1 in cholesterol removal from human macrophages. Circ Res. 2010;107:1387-95 pubmed publisher..NCEH1 is expressed in human atheromatous lesions, where it plays a critical role in the hydrolysis of CE in human macrophage foam cells, thereby contributing to the initial part of reverse cholesterol transport in human atherosclerosis. ..
- Watanabe N, Katsu K, Moriyama M, Kitoh K. In vitro evaluation of E1040, a new cephalosporin with potent antipseudomonal activity. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1988;32:693-701 pubmed..E1040 was at least as resistant as ceftazidime and cefmenoxime to hydrolysis by various beta-lactamases and showed high affinities for penicillin-binding protein 3 of both Escherichia coli and P. aeruginosa. ..
- Hara T, Yamauchi M, Takahashi E, Hoshino M, Aoki K, Ayusawa D, et al. The UDP-galactose translocator gene is mapped to band Xp11.23-p11.22 containing the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome locus. Somat Cell Mol Genet. 1993;19:571-5 pubmed..Genetic and phenotypic similarities suggest a possible link between UDP-galactose translocator and the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome (WAS). ..
- Sugawara N, Lai Y, Sugaware C, Arizono K. Decreased hepatobiliary secretion of inorganic mercury, its deposition and toxicity in the Eisai hyperbilirubinemic rat with no hepatic canalicular organic anion transporter. Toxicology. 1998;126:23-31 pubmed..Significantly decreased excretion stimulates hepatic retention of inorganic Hg. However, the hepatic lesions are less predictive. The MT induction may reduce the toxicity of metal to the liver cells. ..
- Nishimune A, Isaac J, Molnar E, Noel J, Nash S, Tagaya M, et al. NSF binding to GluR2 regulates synaptic transmission. Neuron. 1998;21:87-97 pubmed..These results demonstrate a previously unsuspected direct interaction in the postsynaptic neuron between two major proteins involved in synaptic transmission and suggest a rapid NSF-dependent modulation of AMPA receptor function. ..
- Kishi F. Isolation and characterization of human Nramp cDNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;204:1074-80 pubmed..Southern blot analysis indicated a single gene for Nramp counterpart in the human genome. Northern blot analysis revealed a single species of mRNA of approximately 2.5 kb. ..
- Endo Y, Sato Y, Matsushita M, Fujita T. Cloning and characterization of the human lectin P35 gene and its related gene. Genomics. 1996;36:515-21 pubmed..Both genes were assigned to a closely related region of chromosome 9 at 9q34. ..
- Tsuji E, Tsuji Y, Misumi Y, Fujita A, Sasaguri M, Ideishi M, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel rat salt-tolerant protein by functional complementation in yeast. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;229:134-8 pubmed..STP contains 1964 bp nucleotides and an open reading frame which encodes 496 amino acid residues. Northern blot analysis showed that STP mRNA is expressed in various rat tissues. ..
- Nakamura E, Kadomatsu K, Yuasa S, Muramatsu H, Mamiya T, Nabeshima T, et al. Disruption of the midkine gene (Mdk) resulted in altered expression of a calcium binding protein in the hippocampus of infant mice and their abnormal behaviour. Genes Cells. 1998;3:811-22 pubmed..Midkine plays an important role in the regulation of postnatal development of the hippocampus. ..
- Ikemoto M, Inoue K, Akiduki S, Osugi T, Imamura T, Ishida N, et al. Identification of addicsin/GTRAP3-18 as a chronic morphine-augmented gene in amygdala. Neuroreport. 2002;13:2079-84 pubmed..Up-regulation of addicsin expression by morphine may affect glutamate uptake in the amygdala, causing mice to develop morphine tolerance and dependence. ..
- Ogura M, Taniura H, Nakamichi N, Yoneda Y. Upregulation of the glutamine transporter through transactivation mediated by cAMP/protein kinase A signals toward exacerbation of vulnerability to oxidative stress in rat neocortical astrocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2007;212:375-85 pubmed..These results suggest that GlnT expression is upregulated by cAMP/PKA signals for subsequent exacerbation of the vulnerability to oxidative stress in astrocytes. ..
- Yoshida T, Kato K, Yokoi K, Watanabe S, Metoki N, Yoshida H, et al. Association of genetic variants with chronic kidney disease in Japanese individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Int J Mol Med. 2009;23:529-37 pubmed..05) associated with the prevalence of CKD. Our results suggest that ALOX5AP, IRAK1, and FABP2 are susceptibility loci for CKD among Japanese individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Haku K, Muramatsu T, Hara A, Kikuchi A, Hashimoto S, Inoue T, et al. Epithelial cell rests of Malassez modulate cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis via gap junctional communication under mechanical stretching in vitro. Bull Tokyo Dent Coll. 2011;52:173-82 pubmed..Thus, the ERM modulate cell proliferation and apoptosis, and inhibit differentiation by reducing expression of Gja1 under mechanical stretching. ..
- Miyamoto K, Tatsumi S, Sonoda T, Yamamoto H, Minami H, Taketani Y, et al. Cloning and functional expression of a Na(+)-dependent phosphate co-transporter from human kidney: cDNA cloning and functional expression. Biochem J. 1995;305 ( Pt 1):81-5 pubmed..These findings indicate that two high-affinity Na/P(i) cotransporters (NaP(i)-3 and NPT-1) are present in human kidney cortex. ..
- Okamura N, Kiuchi S, Tamba M, Kashima T, Hiramoto S, Baba T, et al. A porcine homolog of the major secretory protein of human epididymis, HE1, specifically binds cholesterol. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1438:377-87 pubmed..The possibility that the HE1 homolog is involved in the regulation of the lipid composition of the sperm membranes during the maturation in epididymis is discussed. ..