Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carrier proteins in Germany
Topic: carrier proteins
Publications600 found, 100 shown here
- Grosskreutz Y, Betz H, Kneussel M. Rescue of molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis in gephyrin-deficient mice by a Cnx1 transgene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;301:450-5 pubmed..Our data suggest that the loss of neurotransmitter receptor clustering at inhibitory synapses causes the early lethality of gephyrin deficient mice. ..
- Giesemann T, Schwarz G, Nawrotzki R, Berhörster K, Rothkegel M, Schlüter K, et al. Complex formation between the postsynaptic scaffolding protein gephyrin, profilin, and Mena: a possible link to the microfilament system. J Neurosci. 2003;23:8330-9 pubmed
- Grundmann K, Laubis Herrmann U, Bauer I, Dressler D, Vollmer Haase J, Bauer P, et al. Frequency and phenotypic variability of the GAG deletion of the DYT1 gene in an unselected group of patients with dystonia. Arch Neurol. 2003;60:1266-70 pubmed..A priori prediction of the mutation carrier status in dystonic patients and genetic counseling of affected families with respect to the clinical manifestation may prove difficult. ..
- Hopfe M, Henrich B. OppA, the substrate-binding subunit of the oligopeptide permease, is the major Ecto-ATPase of Mycoplasma hominis. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:1021-928 pubmed..Together, these data present the first evidence that the cytoadhesive substrate binding protein OppA of the oligopeptide permease also functions as an ecto-ATPase in Mycoplasma hominis...
- Eichler R, Strecker T, Kolesnikova L, Ter Meulen J, Weissenhorn W, Becker S, et al. Characterization of the Lassa virus matrix protein Z: electron microscopic study of virus-like particles and interaction with the nucleoprotein (NP). Virus Res. 2004;100:249-55 pubmed..We assume that Z recruits NP to cellular membranes where virus assembly takes place. We conclude from our data that Lassa virus Z protein plays an essential role in Lassa virus maturation...
- Buchert R, Thomasius R, Wilke F, Petersen K, Nebeling B, Obrocki J, et al. A voxel-based PET investigation of the long-term effects of "Ecstasy" consumption on brain serotonin transporters. Am J Psychiatry. 2004;161:1181-9 pubmed..Women appear to be more susceptible than men to MDMA-induced alterations of the serotonergic system. ..
- Pena V, Liu S, Bujnicki J, Luhrmann R, Wahl M. Structure of a multipartite protein-protein interaction domain in splicing factor prp8 and its link to retinitis pigmentosa. Mol Cell. 2007;25:615-24 pubmed..We conclude that the expanded Prp8 Jab1/MPN domain represents a pseudoenzyme converted into a protein-protein interaction platform and that dysfunction of this platform underlies Retinitis pigmentosa. ..
- Kursula P, Kursula I, Massimi M, Song Y, Downer J, Stanley W, et al. High-resolution structural analysis of mammalian profilin 2a complex formation with two physiological ligands: the formin homology 1 domain of mDia1 and the proline-rich domain of VASP. J Mol Biol. 2008;375:270-90 pubmed..Our data provide structural insights into the mechanisms of mDia1 and VASP regulated actin polymerisation. ..
- Teich N, Mossner J. Hereditary chronic pancreatitis. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2008;22:115-30 pubmed publisher..The disease course and prognosis of patients with HCP is unpredictable. The risk of pancreatic cancer is elevated. Therefore, HCP patients should strongly avoid environmental risk factors for pancreatic cancer. ..
- Hopfe M, Henrich B. OppA, the ecto-ATPase of Mycoplasma hominis induces ATP release and cell death in HeLa cells. BMC Microbiol. 2008;8:55 pubmed publisher..hominis infected HeLa cells was predominantly due to apoptosis rather than necrosis. Future work will elucidate whether the induction of apoptosis is indispensable for survival of these non-invasive pathogen. ..
- Beck S, Schaeferhoff K, Michalakis S, Fischer M, Huber G, Rieger N, et al. In vivo analysis of cone survival in mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:493-7 pubmed publisher..Monitoring GFP expression in cone photoreceptor cells, such as in the RG-GFP mouse, is a promising in vivo approach for the analysis of cone survival in mice. ..
- Sauer N, Stolz J. SUC1 and SUC2: two sucrose transporters from Arabidopsis thaliana; expression and characterization in baker's yeast and identification of the histidine-tagged protein. Plant J. 1994;6:67-77 pubmed..cerevisiae. The tagged protein is fully active and is shown to migrate at an apparent molecular weight of 45 kDa on 10% SDS-polyacrylamide gels. ..
- Rottensteiner H, Hartig A, Hamilton B, Ruis H, Erdmann R, Gurvitz A. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pip2p-Oaf1p regulates PEX25 transcription through an adenine-less ORE. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2013-22 pubmed..These data on a functional, adenine-less, PEX25 ORE and a nonfunctional N13-spaced ORE-like sequence in the PEX14 promoter capable of binding Pip2p-Oaf1p prompts readjustment of the ORE consensus to comprise CGGN3TNA/(R)N8-12CCG. ..
- Friesen C, Kiess Y, Debatin K. A critical role of glutathione in determining apoptosis sensitivity and resistance in leukemia cells. Cell Death Differ. 2004;11 Suppl 1:S73-85 pubmed..We conclude that dominant apoptosis resistance depends, at least in part, on intracellular GSH levels, which may affect apoptosis signaling at different compartments, for example, the death receptor or mitochondria. ..
- Köhler S, Schaller V, Bausch A. Collective dynamics of active cytoskeletal networks. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23798 pubmed publisher..This is shown by varying the binding strength of the acto-myosin bond and by combining the experiments with phenomenological simulations based on simple interaction rules. ..
- Sanz L, Calvete J, Schafer W, Mann K, Töpfer Petersen E. Isolation and biochemical characterization of two isoforms of a boar sperm zona pellucida-binding protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1119:127-32 pubmed..No analogous protein sequence could be found in the MIPS data bank, indicating that the AWN proteins may belong to a novel mammalian protein family involved in fertilization. ..
- Peekhaus N, Tolner B, Poolman B, Kr mer R. The glutamate uptake regulatory protein (Grp) of Zymomonas mobilis and its relation to the global regulator Lrp of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:5140-7 pubmed..The expression of grp is autoregulated, and in Z. mobilis, it depends on growth conditions. The putative presence of a homolog of Grp in E. coli is discussed...
- Zeiner M, Gehring U. A protein that interacts with members of the nuclear hormone receptor family: identification and cDNA cloning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:11465-9 pubmed..e., release from heat shock proteins. The sequence identified here appears to be a general partner protein for nuclear hormone receptors, with the gene being expressed in a variety of mammalian tissues. ..
- Kullak Ublick G, Beuers U, Meier P, Domdey H, Paumgartner G. Assignment of the human organic anion transporting polypeptide (OATP) gene to chromosome 12p12 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. J Hepatol. 1996;25:985-7 pubmed
- Gong W, Roth S, Michel K, Gressner A. Isoforms and splice variant of transforming growth factor beta-binding protein in rat hepatic stellate cells. Gastroenterology. 1998;114:352-63 pubmed..The existence of different LTBP isoforms and splice variants in HSCs and myofibroblasts suggests multiple functions of the LTBP family in rat liver, which might not be restricted to the maintenance of TGF-beta latency. ..
- Geissler S, Siegers K, Schiebel E. A novel protein complex promoting formation of functional alpha- and gamma-tubulin. EMBO J. 1998;17:952-66 pubmed..We suggest that the Gim proteins form a protein complex that promotes formation of functional alpha- and gamma-tubulin...
- Gournier H, Stenmark H, Rybin V, Lippe R, Zerial M. Two distinct effectors of the small GTPase Rab5 cooperate in endocytic membrane fusion. EMBO J. 1998;17:1930-40 pubmed..Our results suggest that Rab5 binds to at least two distinct effectors which cooperate for optimal endocytic membrane docking and fusion. ..
- Brunkhorst C, Andersen C, Schneider E. Acarbose, a pseudooligosaccharide, is transported but not metabolized by the maltose-maltodextrin system of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:2612-9 pubmed..Acarbose could not be utilized as a carbon source since the compound alone was not a substrate of amylomaltase (MalQ) and was only poorly attacked by maltodextrin glucosidase (MalZ)...
- Nayernia K, von Mering M, Kraszucka K, Burfeind P, Wehrend A, Kohler M, et al. A novel testicular haploid expressed gene (THEG) involved in mouse spermatid-sertoli cell interaction. Biol Reprod. 1999;60:1488-95 pubmed..The differential gene expression of THEG in spermatid-Sertoli cell coculture supports the relevance of germ cell-Sertoli cell interaction for gene regulation during spermatogenesis. ..
- Saher G, Hildt E. Activation of c-Raf-1 kinase signal transduction pathway in alpha(7) integrin-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27651-7 pubmed
- Wang X, Kibschull M, Laue M, Lichte B, Petrasch Parwez E, Kilimann M. Aczonin, a 550-kD putative scaffolding protein of presynaptic active zones, shares homology regions with Rim and Bassoon and binds profilin. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:151-62 pubmed..We propose that aczonin is a scaffolding protein involved in the organization of the molecular architecture of synaptic active zones and in the orchestration of neurotransmitter vesicle trafficking. ..
- Konig J, Cui Y, Nies A, Keppler D. A novel human organic anion transporting polypeptide localized to the basolateral hepatocyte membrane. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2000;278:G156-64 pubmed..Our results indicate that OATP2 is important for the uptake of organic anions, including bilirubin conjugates and sulfobromophthalein, in human liver...
- Maida R, Krieger J, Gebauer T, Lange U, Ziegelberger G. Three pheromone-binding proteins in olfactory sensilla of the two silkmoth species Antheraea polyphemus and Antheraea pernyi. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:2899-908 pubmed..In A. pernyi two PBPs from sensory hair homogenates showed binding affinity for the AC1 (Aper PBP1) and the ALD (Aper PBP2), respectively...
- Antonin W, Riedel D, von Mollard G. The SNARE Vti1a-beta is localized to small synaptic vesicles and participates in a novel SNARE complex. J Neurosci. 2000;20:5724-32 pubmed..These data suggest that Vti1a-beta does not function in exocytosis but in a separate SNARE complex in a membrane fusion step during recycling or biogenesis of synaptic vesicles...
- Reiss J, Gross Hardt S, Christensen E, Schmidt P, Mendel R, Schwarz G. A mutation in the gene for the neurotransmitter receptor-clustering protein gephyrin causes a novel form of molybdenum cofactor deficiency. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;68:208-13 pubmed..Biochemical studies of the patient's fibroblasts demonstrate that gephyrin catalyzes the insertion of molybdenum into molybdopterin and suggest that this novel form of MoCo deficiency might be curable by molybdate supplementation. ..
- Sondermann H, Scheufler C, Schneider C, Hohfeld J, Hartl F, Moarefi I. Structure of a Bag/Hsc70 complex: convergent functional evolution of Hsp70 nucleotide exchange factors. Science. 2001;291:1553-7 pubmed..Thus, functional convergence has allowed proteins with different architectures to trigger a conserved conformational shift in Hsp70 that leads to nucleotide exchange. ..
- Weber M, Beckering C, Marahiel M. Complementation of cold shock proteins by translation initiation factor IF1 in vivo. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:7381-6 pubmed..Two of the possible explanation models are discussed. ..
- Knarr G, Kies U, Bell S, Mayer M, Buchner J. Interaction of the chaperone BiP with an antibody domain: implications for the chaperone cycle. J Mol Biol. 2002;318:611-20 pubmed..However, the accessibility of the BiP-binding site in the non-native protein seems to influence the kinetics of complex formation. ..
- Sorg I, Hoffmann C, Dumbach J, Aktories K, Schmidt G. The C terminus of YopT is crucial for activity and the N terminus is crucial for substrate binding. Infect Immun. 2003;71:4623-32 pubmed..By contrast, when up to 15 amino acids of the C terminus were deleted, the protein had no activity but was still able to interact with RhoA, suggesting a role for the C terminus in the enzyme activity of YopT. ..
- Meier J, Grantyn R. A gephyrin-related mechanism restraining glycine receptor anchoring at GABAergic synapses. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1398-405 pubmed..These results identify the C5 splice variant of gephyrin as a factor regulating the transmitter-appropriate degree of GlyR accumulation at inhibitory synapses. ..
- Eriksson K, Sergeeva O, Selbach O, Haas H. Orexin (hypocretin)/dynorphin neurons control GABAergic inputs to tuberomammillary neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:1278-84 pubmed..Thus, orexins excite TM neurons directly and by disinhibition, gated by dynorphin. These data might explain some of the neuropathology of narcolepsy. ..
- Hesse H, Nikiforova V, Gakiere B, Hoefgen R. Molecular analysis and control of cysteine biosynthesis: integration of nitrogen and sulphur metabolism. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:1283-92 pubmed..Progress in this field has led to the cloning of genes that play pivotal roles in nutrient-induced changes in cysteine formation. ..
- Weigel R, Pfitzner U, Gatz C. Interaction of NIMIN1 with NPR1 modulates PR gene expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1279-91 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that NIMIN1 negatively regulates distinct functions of NPR1, providing a mechanism to modulate specific features of SAR. ..
- Preuss U, Ridinger M, Rujescu D, Fehr C, Koller G, Wodarz N, et al. No association of alcohol dependence with HOMER 1 and 2 genetic variants. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010;153B:1102-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggest that single SNPs, respectively, haplotypes of the HOMER 1 and 2 genes are unlikely to play a major role in the pathophysiology of AD. ..
- Singh K, Erkelenz S, Rattay S, Dehof A, Hildebrandt A, Schulze Osthoff K, et al. Human SAP18 mediates assembly of a splicing regulatory multiprotein complex via its ubiquitin-like fold. RNA. 2010;16:2442-54 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore suggest a novel function of SAP18 in splicing regulation. ..
- Nityanandam A, Parthasarathy S, Tarabykin V. Postnatal subventricular zone of the neocortex contributes GFAP+ cells to the rostral migratory stream under the control of Sip1. Dev Biol. 2012;366:341-56 pubmed publisher..In summary, our work shows that Sip1 controls the generation of GFAP+ cells of the RMS by regulating the size of a novel progenitor pool located in the postnatal dSVZ. ..
- Hornbogen T, Pieper R, Hoffmann K, Kleinkauf H, Zocher R. Two new cyclophilins from Fusarium sambucinum and Aspergillus niger: resistance of cyclophilin/cyclosporin A complexes against proteolysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;187:791-6 pubmed..We could also observe this protection for cyclophilins from sheep thymus and from the cyclosporin producing fungus Tolypocladium inflatum. ..
- Mayser W, Schloss P, Betz H. Primary structure and functional expression of a choline transporter expressed in the rat nervous system. FEBS Lett. 1992;305:31-6 pubmed..Amplification by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) revealed significant amounts of CHOT1 mRNA in brain, cerebellum, spinal cord and, to a lesser extent, heart, but only very low expression in lung, kidney and muscle. ..
- Adams R, Sato K, Shimada S, Tohyama M, Puschel A, Betz H. Gene structure and glial expression of the glycine transporter GlyT1 in embryonic and adult rodents. J Neurosci. 1995;15:2524-32 pubmed..In the adult rat brain and spinal cord, GlyT1 hybridization signals were found exclusively in glial cells. Our data indicate that GlyT1 is an early marker of neural development and encodes glia-specific transporter proteins. ..
- Eckhardt M, Muhlenhoff M, Bethe A, Gerardy Schahn R. Expression cloning of the Golgi CMP-sialic acid transporter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7572-6 pubmed..Our results, together with the observation that the cloned gene shares structural similarities to other recently cloned transporter proteins, strongly suggest that the isolated cDNA encodes the CMP-sialic acid transporter. ..
- Boos W. Binding protein-dependent ABC transport system for glycerol 3-phosphate of Escherichia coli. Methods Enzymol. 1998;292:40-51 pubmed
- Buhlmann C, Borchers T, Pollak M, Spener F. Fatty acid metabolism in human breast cancer cells (MCF7) transfected with heart-type fatty acid binding protein. Mol Cell Biochem. 1999;199:41-8 pubmed
- Beck K, Wu L, Brunner J, Muller M. Discrimination between SRP- and SecA/SecB-dependent substrates involves selective recognition of nascent chains by SRP and trigger factor. EMBO J. 2000;19:134-43 pubmed
- Kruse C, Willkomm D, Grünweller A, Vollbrandt T, Sommer S, Busch S, et al. Export and transport of tRNA are coupled to a multi-protein complex. Biochem J. 2000;346 Pt 1:107-15 pubmed
- Schnizler M, Mastroberardino L, Reifarth F, Weber W, Verrey F, Clauss W. cAMP sensitivity conferred to the epithelial Na+ channel by alpha-subunit cloned from guinea-pig colon. Pflugers Arch. 2000;439:579-87 pubmed..This study demonstrates that the PKA sensitivity of ENaC can depend on the nature of the ENaC alpha-subunit and raises the possibility that cAMP can stimulate ENaCs by different mechanisms...
- Ristea S, Dobbelstein M, Roth J. Rev protein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and cellular exportin 1 protein relocalize each other to a subnucleolar structure. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2000;16:857-65 pubmed..Thus, an excess of exportin 1 may downregulate Rev-mediated RNA export by sequestering Rev to a subnucleolar structure. ..
- Hakenbeck R. Transformation in Streptococcus pneumoniae: mosaic genes and the regulation of competence. Res Microbiol. 2000;151:453-6 pubmed..Expression of comC is part of a complex regulatory network involving at least two receptor kinase/transcriptional regulator pairs: ComD/E, which is responsible for induction, and CiaH/R, which inhibits expression of the comCDE operon. ..
- Kramer W, Sauber K, Baringhaus K, Kurz M, Stengelin S, Lange G, et al. Identification of the bile acid-binding site of the ileal lipid-binding protein by photoaffinity labeling, matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-mass spectrometry, and NMR structure. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:7291-301 pubmed..The combination of photoaffinity labeling, enzymatic fragmentation, MALDI-mass spectrometry, and NMR structure was successfully used to determine the topology of bile acid binding to ILBP. ..
- Weiss M, Brandl M, Sühnel J, Pal D, Hilgenfeld R. More hydrogen bonds for the (structural) biologist. Trends Biochem Sci. 2001;26:521-3 pubmed..We postulate that the incorporation of the entirety of these interactions leads to a more complete description of the problem, and that this could provide new perspectives and possibly new answers. ..
- Rademacher M, Zimmerman A, Rüterjans H, Veerkamp J, Lücke C. Solution structure of fatty acid-binding protein from human brain. Mol Cell Biochem. 2002;239:61-8 pubmed..Moreover, the NMR data indicate a close structural relationship between human B-FABP and heart-type FABP with respect to fatty acid binding inside the protein cavity. ..
- Schumacher J, Jamra R, Freudenberg J, Becker T, Ohlraun S, Otte A, et al. Examination of G72 and D-amino-acid oxidase as genetic risk factors for schizophrenia and bipolar affective disorder. Mol Psychiatry. 2004;9:203-7 pubmed..The association of variation at G72 with schizophrenia as well as BPAD provides molecular support for the hypothesis that these two major psychiatric disorders share some of their etiologic background. ..
- Oberschmid B, Dietmaier W, Hartmann A, Dahl E, Klopocki E, Beatty B, et al. Distinct secreted Frizzled receptor protein 1 staining pattern in patients with hyperplastic polyposis coli syndrome. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2004;128:967-73 pubmed..These findings may help identify precursor lesions in the proposed hyperplasia-carcinoma pathway of colorectal carcinogenesis. ..
- Bayer M, Fischer J, Kremerskothen J, Ossendorf E, Matanis T, Konczal M, et al. Identification and characterization of Iporin as a novel interaction partner for rab1. BMC Cell Biol. 2005;6:15 pubmed..The characterization of this novel intermolecular relation could help to elucidate how vesicles find their way from ER to the Golgi apparatus. ..
- Otter S, Grimmler M, Neuenkirchen N, Chari A, Sickmann A, Fischer U. A comprehensive interaction map of the human survival of motor neuron (SMN) complex. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5825-33 pubmed..Collectively, the data presented here provide a basis for the detailed mechanistic and structural analysis of the assembly machinery of U snRNPs. ..
- Kruger M, Kratchmarova I, Blagoev B, Tseng Y, Kahn C, Mann M. Dissection of the insulin signaling pathway via quantitative phosphoproteomics. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:2451-6 pubmed publisher..The combination of quantitative phosphoproteomics with cell culture models provides a powerful strategy to dissect the insulin signaling pathways in intact cells. ..
- Zellerhoff N, Jansen M, Schaffrath U. Barley Rom1 antagonizes Rar1 function in Magnaporthe oryzae-infected leaves by enhancing epidermal and diminishing mesophyll defence. New Phytol. 2008;180:702-10 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the impact of Rom1 in basal defence of barley against different pathogens. Importantly, a tissue-specific function for Rom1 with contrasting effects on epidermal and mesophyll defence was demonstrated...
- Li Y, Werner H, Püschel A. Rheb and mTOR regulate neuronal polarity through Rap1B. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:33784-92 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the mTOR pathway is required to counteract the Smurf2-initiated degradation of Rap1B during the establishment of neuronal polarity. ..
- Calzado M, de La Vega L, Möller A, Bowtell D, Schmitz M. An inducible autoregulatory loop between HIPK2 and Siah2 at the apex of the hypoxic response. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:85-91 pubmed publisher..As HIPK2 has an important role as a negative regulator of gene expression, its elimination from promoter-associated repressor complexes allows the induction of a substantial fraction of hypoxia-induced genes. ..
- Musante L, Kunde S, Sulistio T, Fischer U, Grimme A, Frints S, et al. Common pathological mutations in PQBP1 induce nonsense-mediated mRNA decay and enhance exclusion of the mutant exon. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:90-8 pubmed publisher..Our study provides significant insight into the early events contributing to the pathogenesis of the PQBP1 related XLMR disease. ..
- Reddy Alla S, Schmitt B, Birkenfeld J, Eulenburg V, Dutertre S, Bohringer C, et al. PH-domain-driven targeting of collybistin but not Cdc42 activation is required for synaptic gephyrin clustering. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:1173-84 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that the formation of gephyrin scaffolds at inhibitory synapses requires an intact Cb II PH-domain but is Cdc42-independent. ..
- Burkhardt J, Vonck J, Averhoff B. Structure and function of PilQ, a secretin of the DNA transporter from the thermophilic bacterium Thermus thermophilus HB27. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:9977-84 pubmed publisher..thermophilus. This is consistent with the hypothesis that PilQ accommodates a PilA4 comprising pseudopilus mediating DNA transport across the outer membrane and periplasmic space in a single-step process...
- Buers I, Hofnagel O, Ruebel A, Severs N, Robenek H. Lipid droplet associated proteins: an emerging role in atherogenesis. Histol Histopathol. 2011;26:631-42 pubmed publisher..Here we review recent findings and assess the current state of knowledge on lipid droplets and their PAT proteins in atherogenesis. ..
- Krauss J, Zverlov V, Schwarz W. In vitro reconstitution of the complete Clostridium thermocellum cellulosome and synergistic activity on crystalline cellulose. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2012;78:4301-7 pubmed publisher..This opens possibilities for in vitro complex reconstitution, which is an important step toward the creation of highly efficient engineered cellulases. ..
- Frosch M, Edwards U, Bousset K, Krausse B, Weisgerber C. Evidence for a common molecular origin of the capsule gene loci in gram-negative bacteria expressing group II capsular polysaccharides. Mol Microbiol. 1991;5:1251-63 pubmed
- Seedorf U, Engel T, Assmann G, Leenders F, Adamski J. Intrinsic sterol- and phosphatidylcholine transfer activities of 17 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type IV. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1995;55:549-53 pubmed..We conclude that the 80 kDa type IV 17 beta-HSD represents a potentially multifunctional protein with intrinsic in vitro sterol and phospholipid transfer activity in addition to its enzymatic activity. ..
- Mademidis A, Killmann H, Kraas W, Flechsler I, Jung G, Braun V. ATP-dependent ferric hydroxamate transport system in Escherichia coli: periplasmic FhuD interacts with a periplasmic and with a transmembrane/cytoplasmic region of the integral membrane protein FhuB, as revealed by competitive peptide mapping. Mol Microbiol. 1997;26:1109-23 pubmed..Although FhuB consists of two homologous halves, FhuB(N) and FhuB(C), the sites identified for FhuD-mediated ferrichrome transport are asymmetrically arranged. ..
- Raghunath M, Unsöld C, Kubitscheck U, Bruckner Tuderman L, Peters R, Meuli M. The cutaneous microfibrillar apparatus contains latent transforming growth factor-beta binding protein-1 (LTBP-1) and is a repository for latent TGF-beta1. J Invest Dermatol. 1998;111:559-64 pubmed..Thus, this major connective tissue structure does not only serve as a force bearing element and scaffold for elastin deposition in the dermis, but also as an important repository for latent TGF-beta in the skin. ..
- Stein T, Kricke J, Becher D, Lisowsky T. Azf1p is a nuclear-localized zinc-finger protein that is preferentially expressed under non-fermentative growth conditions in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Curr Genet. 1998;34:287-96 pubmed..Subcellular investigation of the deletion mutant by electron microscopy identifies specific ultrastructural cell-division defects in comparison to the wild-type. ..
- Tsukada M, Will E, Gallwitz D. Structural and functional analysis of a novel coiled-coil protein involved in Ypt6 GTPase-regulated protein transport in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:63-75 pubmed..The results of this study suggest that Sys3p, like Ypt6p, acts in vesicular transport (presumably at a vesicle-docking stage) between an endosomal compartment and the most distal Golgi compartment. ..
- Gillissen B, Burkle L, Andre B, Kuhn C, Rentsch D, Brandl B, et al. A new family of high-affinity transporters for adenine, cytosine, and purine derivatives in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2000;12:291-300 pubmed..The other family members may have different affinities for nucleic acid bases, perhaps functioning as transporters for nucleosides, nucleotides, and their derivatives. ..
- Kneussel M, Haverkamp S, Fuhrmann J, Wang H, Wassle H, Olsen R, et al. The gamma-aminobutyric acid type A receptor (GABAAR)-associated protein GABARAP interacts with gephyrin but is not involved in receptor anchoring at the synapse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:8594-9 pubmed..Consistent with this idea, a close homolog of GABARAP, p16, has been found to function as a late-acting intra-Golgi transport factor. ..
- Mayr C, Richter K, Lilie H, Buchner J. Cpr6 and Cpr7, two closely related Hsp90-associated immunophilins from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, differ in their functional properties. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:34140-6 pubmed..In contrast, the chaperone activity of Cpr6 is much lower than that of Cpr7. Based on these results we suggest that the two immunophilins perform overlapping but not identical tasks in the Hsp90 chaperone cycle. ..
- Kamp D, Sieberg T, Haest C. Inhibition and stimulation of phospholipid scrambling activity. Consequences for lipid asymmetry, echinocytosis, and microvesiculation of erythrocytes. Biochemistry. 2001;40:9438-46 pubmed..Scrambling of endogenous phospholipids is proposed to induce echinocytosis and to have only a stimulatory effect on microvesiculation. ..
- Wenzel U, Kuntz S, Daniel H. Flavonoids with epidermal growth factor-receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitory activity stimulate PEPT1-mediated cefixime uptake into human intestinal epithelial cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;299:351-7 pubmed
- Wieland H, Soll R, Doods H, Stenkamp D, Hurnaus R, Lämmle B, et al. The SK-N-MC cell line expresses an orexin binding site different from recombinant orexin 1-type receptor. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:1128-35 pubmed..Amino acid prediction of this A -->G change results in an isoleucine --> valine substitution at the protein level, which may provide evidence for an editing process. ..
- Kölker S, Pawlak V, Ahlemeyer B, Okun J, Hörster F, Mayatepek E, et al. NMDA receptor activation and respiratory chain complex V inhibition contribute to neurodegeneration in d-2-hydroxyglutaric aciduria. Eur J Neurosci. 2002;16:21-8 pubmed..In conclusion, excitotoxicity contributes to the neuropathology of d-2-hydroxyglutaric aciduria, highlighting new neuroprotective strategies. ..
- Modregger J, DiProspero N, Charles V, Tagle D, Plomann M. PACSIN 1 interacts with huntingtin and is absent from synaptic varicosities in presymptomatic Huntington's disease brains. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:2547-58 pubmed
- Kessels M, Qualmann B. Syndapins integrate N-WASP in receptor-mediated endocytosis. EMBO J. 2002;21:6083-94 pubmed
- Eigenthaler M, Engelhardt S, Schinke B, Kobsar A, Schmitteckert E, Gambaryan S, et al. Disruption of cardiac Ena-VASP protein localization in intercalated disks causes dilated cardiomyopathy. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;285:H2471-81 pubmed..The results demonstrate that Ena-VASP proteins may play an important role in intercalated disk function at the interface between cardiac myocytes. ..
- Liebe B, Alsheimer M, Hoog C, Benavente R, Scherthan H. Telomere attachment, meiotic chromosome condensation, pairing, and bouquet stage duration are modified in spermatocytes lacking axial elements. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:827-37 pubmed..It appears that the AE is required for chromosome condensation, rapid exit from the bouquet stage, and fine-tuning of homolog pairing. ..
- Schulze Lefert P, Bieri S. Plant sciences. Recognition at a distance. Science. 2005;308:506-8 pubmed
- Kirchhof P, Klimas J, Fabritz L, Zwiener M, Jones L, Schäfers M, et al. Stress and high heart rate provoke ventricular tachycardia in mice expressing triadin. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2007;42:962-71 pubmed..An imbalance between prolonged intracellular calcium release and shortening of the ventricular action potential may contribute to genesis of arrhythmias in this model. ..
- Ackermann F, Zitranski N, Heydecke D, Wilhelm B, Gudermann T, Boekhoff I. The Multi-PDZ domain protein MUPP1 as a lipid raft-associated scaffolding protein controlling the acrosome reaction in mammalian spermatozoa. J Cell Physiol. 2008;214:757-68 pubmed