Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on carbon monoxide in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: carbon monoxide
- Lockney D, Miksovska J. Characterization of carbon monoxide photodissociation from Fe(II)LPO with photoacoustic calorimetry. J Phys Chem B. 2006;110:24165-70 pubmed..It is likely that cleavage of the Fe-CO bond is accompanied by distortion of a salt bridge between Arg557 and the heme propionate group, resulting in the observed electrostriction due to changes in charge distribution. ..
- Dimeglio J, Rosenthal J. Selective conversion of CO2 to CO with high efficiency using an inexpensive bismuth-based electrocatalyst. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:8798-801 pubmed publisher..When taken together, these correspond to a high-energy efficiency for CO production, on par with that which has historically only been observed using expensive silver and gold cathodes. ..
- Jackson K, Jackson D, Quadri S, Reitzell M, Navar L. Inhibition of heme oxygenase augments tubular sodium reabsorption. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011;300:F941-6 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that inhibition of HO promotes water and sodium excretion by a direct tubular action that is independent of renal hemodynamics or the NO system. ..
- Dallery J, Raiff B. Contingency management in the 21st century: technological innovations to promote smoking cessation. Subst Use Misuse. 2011;46:10-22 pubmed publisher..It can also be applied to vulnerable, at-risk populations, and to other behavior to promote health. Information technologies offer unprecedented and rapidly expanding opportunities to facilitate behavior change. ..
- Alameddine I, Abi Esber L, Bou Zeid E, Hatzopoulou M, El Fadel M. Operational and environmental determinants of in-vehicle CO and PM2.5 exposure. Sci Total Environ. 2016;551-552:42-50 pubmed publisher..The CO and PM2.5 exposure models were able to explain 72 and 92% of the variability in measured concentrations, respectively. Both models exhibited robustness and no-evidence of over-fitting. ..
- McCarty J. Remote sensing-based estimates of annual and seasonal emissions from crop residue burning in the contiguous United States. J Air Waste Manag Assoc. 2011;61:22-34 pubmed
- Prabhakar N. Endogenous carbon monoxide in control of respiration. Respir Physiol. 1998;114:57-64 pubmed..Many of the neuronal structures that express HO also contain NOS, the enzyme that generates NO. Much remains to be studied on regulatory interactions between CO and NO and their impact on breathing. ..
- Bothun G, Knutson B, Berberich J, Strobel H, Nokes S. Metabolic selectivity and growth of Clostridium thermocellum in continuous culture under elevated hydrostatic pressure. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2004;65:149-57 pubmed
- Fan X, Liu Z, Norbeck J, Park C. A simple kinetic analysis of syngas during steam hydrogasification of biomass using a novel inverted batch reactor with instant high pressure feeding. Bioresour Technol. 2016;200:731-7 pubmed publisher..SHR had comparatively lower activation energy for CH4 production. The activation energies of CH4, CO and CO2 during SHR were 42.8, 51.8 and 14kJ/mol, respectively. ..
- Faseru B, Choi W, Krebill R, Mayo M, Nollen N, Okuyemi K, et al. Factors associated with smoking menthol cigarettes among treatment-seeking African American light smokers. Addict Behav. 2011;36:1321-4 pubmed publisher..Appropriately targeted health education campaigns are needed to prevent smoking uptake in this high-risk population. ..
- Prabhakar N. NO and CO as second messengers in oxygen sensing in the carotid body. Respir Physiol. 1999;115:161-8 pubmed..Under normoxia, basal levels of NO and CO act as amplifiers of molecular oxygen and keep the sensory discharge low. During hypoxia, decreased synthesis of NO and CO may contribute in part to the augmentation of sensory discharge. ..
- Ryan M, Jernigan N, Drummond H, McLemore G, Rimoldi J, Poreddy S, et al. Renal vascular responses to CORM-A1 in the mouse. Pharmacol Res. 2006;54:24-9 pubmed..We conclude that CO released from CORM-A1 causes an increase in RBF and a decrease in vascular resistance through activation of sGC and opening of Kca channels in the kidney of the mouse. ..
- Wilcoxen J, Snider S, Hille R. Substitution of silver for copper in the binuclear Mo/Cu center of carbon monoxide dehydrogenase from Oligotropha carboxidovorans. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:12934-6 pubmed publisher..1 s(-1), which can be compared with the value of 51 s(-1) for the wild-type enzyme. Steady-state kinetics for the Ag-substituted enzyme yielded k(cat) = 8.2 s(-1) and K(m) = 2.95 ?M at pH 7.2. ..
- Fagan P, Pokhrel P, Herzog T, Pagano I, Franke A, Clanton M, et al. Nicotine Metabolism in Young Adult Daily Menthol and Nonmenthol Smokers. Nicotine Tob Res. 2016;18:437-46 pubmed publisher..Young adult daily menthol smokers have slower rates of nicotine metabolism than nonmenthol smokers. Studies are needed to determine the utility of this biomarker for smoking cessation treatment assignments. ..
- Wu J, Gross A, Yang H. Shape and composition-controlled platinum alloy nanocrystals using carbon monoxide as reducing agent. Nano Lett. 2011;11:798-802 pubmed publisher..9 V are 0.85 mA/cm(2)(Pt) for the nanocubes, and 1.26 mA/cm(2)(Pt) for the nanooctahedra. The ORR mass activity of the octahedral Pt(3)Ni catalyst reaches 0.44 A/mg(Pt). ..
- Chang A, Tuckerman J, Gonzalez G, Mayer R, Weinhouse H, Volman G, et al. Phosphodiesterase A1, a regulator of cellulose synthesis in Acetobacter xylinum, is a heme-based sensor. Biochemistry. 2001;40:3420-6 pubmed..Our results illustrate the versatility of signal transduction mechanisms for the heme-PAS class of O(2) sensors and provide the first example of O(2) regulation of a second messenger. ..
- Csongradi E, Juncos L, Drummond H, Vera T, Stec D. Role of carbon monoxide in kidney function: is a little carbon monoxide good for the kidney?. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2012;13:819-26 pubmed
- Adetona O, Dunn K, Hall D, Achtemeier G, Stock A, Naeher L. Personal PM(2.5) exposure among wildland firefighters working at prescribed forest burns in Southeastern United States. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2011;8:503-11 pubmed publisher..Self-assessed exposure levels agreed with measured concentrations of PM(2.5). Correlation analysis shows that either PM(2.5) or CO could be used as a surrogate measure of exposure to woodsmoke at prescribed burns. ..
- Meredith S, Grabinski M, Dallery J. Internet-based group contingency management to promote abstinence from cigarette smoking: a feasibility study. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2011;118:23-30 pubmed publisher..Participants rated the intervention favorably on a treatment acceptability questionnaire. The results suggest that the intervention is feasible and acceptable for promoting abstinence from cigarette smoking. ..
- Tao L, Sun K, Khan M, Miller D, Zondlo M. Compact and portable open-path sensor for simultaneous measurements of atmospheric N2O and CO using a quantum cascade laser. Opt Express. 2012;20:28106-18 pubmed publisher..Simultaneous N(2)O and CO measurements distinguished between natural and fossil fuel combustion sources of N(2)O, an important greenhouse gas with poorly quantified emissions in space and time. ..
- Cropsey K, Jackson D, Hale G, Carpenter M, Stitzer M. Impact of self-initiated pre-quit smoking reduction on cessation rates: results of a clinical trial of smoking cessation among female prisoners. Addict Behav. 2011;36:73-8 pubmed publisher..More intensive interventions are still needed for successful cessation. ..
- Stanic S, Paulus R, Timmerman R, Michalski J, Barriger R, Bezjak A, et al. No clinically significant changes in pulmonary function following stereotactic body radiation therapy for early- stage peripheral non-small cell lung cancer: an analysis of RTOG 0236. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014;88:1092-9 pubmed publisher..Poor baseline PFT alone should not be used to exclude patients with early stage lung cancer from treatment with SBRT. ..
- Bruce E, Bruce M, Erupaka Chada K. A mathematical modeling approach to risk assessment for normal and anemic women chronically exposed to carbon monoxide from biomass-fueled cookstoves. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2011;111:473-84 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the efficacy of using a mathematical model to predict the physiologic responses to CO and also demonstrate that chronic anemia is a critically important determinant of CO toxicity in these women...
- O Connor R, Li Q, Stephens W, Hammond D, Elton Marshall T, Cummings K, et al. Cigarettes sold in China: design, emissions and metals. Tob Control. 2010;19 Suppl 2:i47-53 pubmed publisher..As CNTC looks to export its product around the world, independent surveillance of tobacco product characteristics, including tobacco blend characteristics, will become increasingly important. ..
- Gonzales D, Jorenby D, Brandon T, Arteaga C, Lee T. Immediate versus delayed quitting and rates of relapse among smokers treated successfully with varenicline, bupropion SR or placebo. Addiction. 2010;105:2002-13 pubmed publisher..Post-treatment relapse was similar across groups. Our data support continuing cessation treatments without interruption for smokers motivated to remain in the quitting process despite lack of success early in the treatment. ..
- O Connor R, Wilkins K, Caruso R, Cummings K, Kozlowski L. Cigarette characteristic and emission variations across high-, middle- and low-income countries. Public Health. 2010;124:667-74 pubmed publisher..In order to reduce the burden of tobacco-related disease and further effective product regulation, health officials must understand cigarette design and function within and between countries. ..
- Vepachedu V, Ferry J. Role of the fused corrinoid/methyl transfer protein CmtA during CO-dependent growth of Methanosarcina acetivorans. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:4161-8 pubmed publisher..acetivorans. Thus, we propose that the name of the enzyme encoded by MA4384 be CmtA (for cytoplasmic methyltransferase). ..
- Chen W, Kim J, Kim E, Silverman P, Overmoyer B, Cooper B, et al. A phase II study of radiotherapy and concurrent paclitaxel chemotherapy in breast-conserving treatment for node-positive breast cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;82:14-20 pubmed publisher..Late cosmesis was not adversely affected. Concurrent paclitaxel chemotherapy and radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery shortened total treatment time, provided excellent local control, and was well tolerated. ..
- Wolfe M, Heo J, Garavelli J, Ludden P. Hydroxylamine reductase activity of the hybrid cluster protein from Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:5898-902 pubmed..Further biochemical analyses were completed in order to determine the effects of various electron donors, different pH levels, and the presence of CN(-) on in vitro hydroxylamine reduction...
- Schilke P, Groesbeck T, Blake G, Phillips T. A line survey of Orion KL from 325 to 360 GHz. Astrophys J Suppl Ser. 1997;108:301-37 pubmed..An interesting detail of this survey is the first detection of vibrationally excited HCN in the v2 = 2 state, 2000 K above ground. Clearly this is a glimpse into the very inner part of the Orion hot core...
- Falzone C, Wang Y, Vu B, Scott N, Bhattacharya S, Lecomte J. Structural and dynamic perturbations induced by heme binding in cytochrome b5. Biochemistry. 2001;40:4879-91 pubmed..The data suggested an uneven distribution of cooperative elements in the structure of the cytochrome. ..
- Kelsen S, Patel B, Parker L, Vera T, Rimoldi J, Gadepalli R, et al. Heme oxygenase attenuates angiotensin II-mediated superoxide production in cultured mouse thick ascending loop of Henle cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F1158-65 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that induction of HO-1 in mTALH cells reduces the levels of ANG II-mediated superoxide production through the production of both bilirubin and CO. ..
- Warui D, Li N, Nørgaard H, Krebs C, Bollinger J, Booker S. Detection of formate, rather than carbon monoxide, as the stoichiometric coproduct in conversion of fatty aldehydes to alkanes by a cyanobacterial aldehyde decarbonylase. J Am Chem Soc. 2011;133:3316-9 pubmed publisher..Two possible resolutions to this conundrum are suggested. ..
- Baker T, Piper M, Stein J, Smith S, Bolt D, Fraser D, et al. Effects of Nicotine Patch vs Varenicline vs Combination Nicotine Replacement Therapy on Smoking Cessation at 26 Weeks: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2016;315:371-9 pubmed publisher..The results raise questions about the relative effectiveness of intense smoking pharmacotherapies. clinicaltrials.gov Identifier: NCT01553084. ..
- Kerby R, Roberts G. Sustaining N2-dependent growth in the presence of CO. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:774-7 pubmed publisher..Expression requires the CO-responsive regulator RcoM and is maximal in cells grown in the presence of CO and a poor nitrogen source, consistent with the role of CowN in N(2) fixation. ..
- Groesbeck T, Phillips T, Blake G. The molecular emission-line spectrum of IRC +10216 between 330 and 358 GHz. Astrophys J Suppl Ser. 1994;94:147-62 pubmed..We conclude that significant corrections for the line flux must be made to broadband flux measurements of IRC +10216 at wavelengths longer than approximately 750 micrometers. ..
- Wang G, Hamid T, Keith R, Zhou G, Partridge C, Xiang X, et al. Cardioprotective and antiapoptotic effects of heme oxygenase-1 in the failing heart. Circulation. 2010;121:1912-25 pubmed publisher..Augmentation of HO-1 or its product, CO, may represent a novel therapeutic strategy for ameliorating HF. ..
- Smith S, Robinson R, Smith T, Burks S, Friedman F. Rapid conformational dynamics of cytochrome P450 2E1 in a natural biological membrane environment. Biochemistry. 2006;45:15617-23 pubmed..This suggests that conformational switching during the catalytic cycle may promote substrate release from a short-lived binding site, allowing activated oxygen to attack other targets with toxic consequences. ..
- Mosadeghi S, Furnes B, Matsuo A, Schlenk D. Expression and characterization of cytochrome P450 2X1 in channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1770:1045-52 pubmed publisher..05). These results indicate CYP2X1 displays minimal catalytic activities consistent with other piscine CYP2 isoforms, and unique tissue expression and regulation patterns in juvenile channel catfish...
- Lundgren C, Eckhardt L, Senf C, Bowdwin M, Pendergast D. Negative pressure breathing increases cardiac output and nitrogen elimination in seated subjects. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2013;40:403-10 pubmed..Negative pressure breathing during denitrogenation may facilitate decompression in divers and in crew members being rescued from a DISSUB. ..
- Wei Y, Liu X, Peyton K, Wang H, Johnson F, Johnson R, et al. Hypochlorous acid-induced heme oxygenase-1 gene expression promotes human endothelial cell survival. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;297:C907-15 pubmed publisher..The ability of HOCl to activate HO-1 gene expression may represent a critical adaptive response to maintain endothelial cell viability at sites of vascular inflammation and atherosclerosis...
- McClure J, Ludman E, Grothaus L, Pabiniak C, Richards J. Impact of a brief motivational smoking cessation intervention the Get PHIT randomized controlled trial. Am J Prev Med. 2009;37:116-23 pubmed publisher..nct00169260. ..
- Chen B, Guo L, Fan C, Bolisetty S, Joseph R, Wright M, et al. Carbon monoxide rescues heme oxygenase-1-deficient mice from arterial thrombosis in allogeneic aortic transplantation. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:422-9 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate an important role for systemic HO-1/CO for protection against vascular arterial thrombosis in murine aortic allotransplantation. ..
- Kerby R, Youn H, Roberts G. RcoM: a new single-component transcriptional regulator of CO metabolism in bacteria. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:3336-43 pubmed publisher..The genetic linkage of rcoM with both aerobic (cox) and anaerobic (coo) CO oxidation systems suggests that in different organisms RcoM proteins may control either regulon type...
- Marvin K, Kerby R, Youn H, Roberts G, Burstyn J. The transcription regulator RcoM-2 from Burkholderia xenovorans is a cysteine-ligated hemoprotein that undergoes a redox-mediated ligand switch. Biochemistry. 2008;47:9016-28 pubmed publisher..Like EcDos, the weakly bound axial ligand that is displaced is methionine...
- Kerby R, Roberts G. Burkholderia xenovorans RcoM(Bx)-1, a transcriptional regulator system for sensing low and persistent levels of carbon monoxide. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:5803-16 pubmed publisher..We posit that for the RcoM(Bx)-1 protein, the high CO affinity combined with multiple low-affinity DNA-binding events constitutes a transcriptional "accumulating switch" that senses low but persistent CO levels. ..
- Belcher D, Banerjee U, Baehr C, Richardson K, Cabrales P, Berthiaume F, et al. Mixtures of tense and relaxed state polymerized human hemoglobin regulate oxygen affinity and tissue construct oxygenation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185988 pubmed publisher..These results show the effect of varying the T/R-state PolyhHb mole fraction on oxygenation of tissue-engineered constructs and their potential to oxygenate tissues...
- Su Y, Majtan T, Freeman K, Linck R, Ponter S, Kraus J, et al. Comparative study of enzyme activity and heme reactivity in Drosophila melanogaster and Homo sapiens cystathionine ?-synthases. Biochemistry. 2013;52:741-51 pubmed publisher..Together, the results suggest that heme incorporation and AdoMet regulation in CBS are not correlated, possibly providing two independent means for regulating the enzyme. ..
- Metkus T, Guallar E, Sokoll L, Morrow D, Tomaselli G, Brower R, et al. Prevalence and Prognostic Association of Circulating Troponin in the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Crit Care Med. 2017;45:1709-1717 pubmed publisher..64-1.39; p = 0.93). Circulating troponin is detectable in over 90% of patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome and is associated with degree of critical illness. The magnitude of myocardial injury correlated with mortality. ..
- Velian A, Lin S, Miller A, Day M, Agapie T. Synthesis and C-C coupling reactivity of a dinuclear Ni(i)-Ni(i) complex supported by a terphenyl diphosphine. J Am Chem Soc. 2010;132:6296-7 pubmed publisher..Reactions of an o,o'-biphenyldiyl dinickel complex with CO and dichloroalkanes lead to fluorene derivatives, indicating the formation of carbon-carbon bonds at a bimetallic moiety. ..
- Ibrahim M, Derbyshire E, Marletta M, Spiro T. Probing soluble guanylate cyclase activation by CO and YC-1 using resonance Raman spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2010;49:3815-23 pubmed publisher..The loss of YC-1 activation in the sGC variants might involve a weakening of the heme-protein contacts that are thought to be critical to a YC-1-induced conformational change. ..
- Alexandreanu I, Lawson D. Effects of chronic administration of a heme oxygenase substrate or inhibitor on progression of the estrous cycle, pregnancy and lactation of Sprague-Dawley rats. Life Sci. 2002;72:153-62 pubmed..From these observations we conclude that heme oxygenase, and presumably endogenous CO, play positive roles in female reproductive processes and lactation in the rat...
- Li Calzi S, Purich D, Chang K, Afzal A, Nakagawa T, Busik J, et al. Carbon monoxide and nitric oxide mediate cytoskeletal reorganization in microvascular cells via vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein phosphorylation: evidence for blunted responsiveness in diabetes. Diabetes. 2008;57:2488-94 pubmed publisher..Vasoactive gases CO and NO promote cytoskeletal changes through site- and cell type-specific VASP phosphorylation, and in diabetes, blunted responses to these agents may lead to reduced vascular repair and tissue perfusion. ..
- Youn H, Kerby R, Conrad M, Roberts G. Functionally critical elements of CooA-related CO sensors. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:1320-9 pubmed..rubrum. The results identify critical regions of CooA and indicate features that distinguish CooAs from the general family of cyclic AMP receptor proteins. ..
- Ma X, Sayed N, Beuve A, van den Akker F. NO and CO differentially activate soluble guanylyl cyclase via a heme pivot-bend mechanism. EMBO J. 2007;26:578-88 pubmed..This transition can be modulated by mutations at sGC residues 74 and 145 and corresponding residues in the cyanobacterial H-NOX homolog. ..
- Benny P, Fugate G, Barden A, Morley J, Silva Lopez E, Twamley B. Metal-assisted in situ formation of a tridentate acetylacetone ligand for complexation of fac-Re(CO)3+ for radiopharmaceutical applications. Inorg Chem. 2008;47:2240-2 pubmed publisher..Reactions of acac with fac-Re(CO)3Br(2-(2-aminoethyl)pyridine) (4) or a mixture of [NEt4]2[ReBr3(CO)3], acac, and 2-(2-aminoethyl)pyridine did not yield the formation of complex 3 in water. ..
- Stout J, Gousset M, Drummond H, Gray W, Pruett B, Stec D. Sex-specific effects of heme oxygenase-2 deficiency on renovascular hypertension. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2013;7:328-35 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a sex-specific effect of HO-2 deficiency on the development of renovascular hypertension and its effects on the heart in response to the increase in blood pressure. ..
- He Y, Shelver D, Kerby R, Roberts G. Characterization of a CO-responsive transcriptional activator from Rhodospirillum rubrum. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:120-3 pubmed..In vivo analysis in a heterologous background indicates that CooA is sufficient for CO-dependent expression, implicating it as the likely CO sensor...
- Carter E, Norris C, Dionisio K, Balakrishnan K, Checkley W, Clark M, et al. Assessing Exposure to Household Air Pollution: A Systematic Review and Pooled Analysis of Carbon Monoxide as a Surrogate Measure of Particulate Matter. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:076002 pubmed publisher..5. Studies measuring CO exposure as a surrogate measure of PM exposure should conduct local validation studies for different stove/fuel types and seasons. https://doi.org/10.1289/EHP767. ..
- Spangler N, Meyers M, Gierke K, Kerby R, Roberts G, Ludden P. Substitution of valine for histidine 265 in carbon monoxide dehydrogenase from Rhodospirillum rubrum affects activity and spectroscopic states. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:4059-64 pubmed..This indicates that the electronic properties of center C have been modified possibly by the disruption or alteration of the ligand-mediated interaction between the nickel site and Fe4S4 chromophore. ..
- Delgado Nixon V, Gonzalez G, Gilles Gonzalez M. Dos, a heme-binding PAS protein from Escherichia coli, is a direct oxygen sensor. Biochemistry. 2000;39:2685-91 pubmed..Overall the results provide evidence for a heme-binding subgroup of PAS-domain proteins whose working range, signaling mechanisms, and regulatory partners can vary considerably. ..
- Rudra C, Williams M, Sheppard L, Koenig J, Schiff M. Ambient carbon monoxide and fine particulate matter in relation to preeclampsia and preterm delivery in western Washington State. Environ Health Perspect. 2011;119:886-92 pubmed publisher..Preterm delivery and preeclampsia are common adverse pregnancy outcomes that have been inconsistently associated with ambient air pollutant exposures...
- Stubbins A, Hubbard V, Uher G, Law C, Upstill Goddard R, Aiken G, et al. Relating carbon monoxide photoproduction to dissolved organic matter functionality. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:3271-6 pubmed..Significantly, aromatic CO photoproduction efficiency spanned 3 orders of magnitude, indicating that variations in the CO apparent quantum yields of natural DOM may be related to variations in aromatic DOM substituent group chemistry. ..
- Liao M, Huang M, Watts J. Effects of local protein environment on the binding of diatomic molecules to heme in myoglobins. DFT and dispersion-corrected DFT studies. J Mol Model. 2013;19:3307-23 pubmed publisher..Without constraints on the residues in geometry optimization, the dispersion correction is necessary, since it improves the calculated structures and energetic results significantly...
- Wang C, Corbett J, Firestone J. Modeling energy use and emissions from North American shipping: application of the ship traffic, energy, and environment model. Environ Sci Technol. 2007;41:3226-32 pubmed..Emissions estimated by STEEM for ships within 200 nautical miles of the coastal areas of the United States are about 5 times the emissions estimated in previous studies using cargo as a proxy...
- Sha L, Farrugia G, Harmsen W, Szurszewski J. Membrane potential gradient is carbon monoxide-dependent in mouse and human small intestine. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;293:G438-45 pubmed..These data suggest that the gradient in RMP across the thickness of the circular muscle layer of mouse and human small intestine is CO dependent. ..
- Adetona O, Li Z, Sjodin A, Romanoff L, Aguilar Villalobos M, Needham L, et al. Biomonitoring of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon exposure in pregnant women in Trujillo, Peru--comparison of different fuel types used for cooking. Environ Int. 2013;53:1-8 pubmed publisher..Women who cooked exclusively with wood or kerosene had higher creatinine adjusted OH-PAH levels in their urine samples compared to women who cooked with LPG or coal briquette. ..
- Puranik M, Weeks C, Lahaye D, Kabil O, Taoka S, Nielsen S, et al. Dynamics of carbon monoxide binding to cystathionine beta-synthase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:13433-8 pubmed..This salt bridge suggests a pathway for enzyme inactivation upon CO binding, because Arg-266 is located on a helix that connects the heme and pyridoxal phosphate cofactor domains. ..
- Hannibal L, Collins D, Brassard J, Chakravarti R, Vempati R, Dorlet P, et al. Heme binding properties of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase. Biochemistry. 2012;51:8514-29 pubmed publisher..The strength, selectivity, reversibility, and redox sensitivity of heme binding to GAPDH are consistent with it performing heme sensing or heme chaperone-like functions in cells. ..
- Hao B, Isaza C, Arndt J, Soltis M, Chan M. Structure-based mechanism of O2 sensing and ligand discrimination by the FixL heme domain of Bradyrhizobium japonicum. Biochemistry. 2002;41:12952-8 pubmed..In the revised structure, Arg 220 was found to move into the heme pocket to form a hydrogen bond to the bound cyanide ligand. The implications of these results on FixL's sensing mechanism are discussed...
- Langer W, Velusamy T, Xie T. The IRS 1 circumstellar disk, and the origin of the jet and CO outflow in B5. Astrophys J. 1996;468:L41-4 pubmed..The intrinsic opening angle is in the range of 60 degrees-90 degrees which leads to significant interaction between outflow and infall. ..
- Bianchetti C, Blouin G, Bitto E, Olson J, Phillips G. The structure and NO binding properties of the nitrophorin-like heme-binding protein from Arabidopsis thaliana gene locus At1g79260.1. Proteins. 2010;78:917-31 pubmed publisher..However, one of the two human homologs of nitrobindin contains a THAP domain, implying a possible role in apoptosis. Proteins 2010. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Sen S, Peltz C, Beard J, Zeno B. Recurrent carbon monoxide poisoning from cigarette smoking. Am J Med Sci. 2010;340:427-8 pubmed publisher..1998;339:1603-8). The authors report a 48-year-old woman with significant tobacco abuse who presented with COHb levels as high as 24.2% in the face of tobacco use...
- Bandara D, Sono M, Bruce G, Brash A, Dawson J. Coordination modes of tyrosinate-ligated catalase-type heme enzymes: magnetic circular dichroism studies of Plexaura homomalla allene oxide synthase, Mycobacterium avium ssp. paratuberculosis protein-2744c, and bovine liver catalase in their ferric a. J Inorg Biochem. 2011;105:1786-94 pubmed publisher