Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on calcium in Japan
Publications139 found, 100 shown here
- Tsukamoto A, Kaneko Y, Kurokawa K. Thapsigargin, an inhibitor of endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase, enhances c-fos expression but antagonizes vacuole formation of human hepatoma cells induced by teleocidin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1177:31-6 pubmed..From these results it was speculated that the Ca2+ leak from the endoplasmic reticulum rather than the elevation of cytosolic Ca2+ appeared to be responsible for the specific inhibition of vacuole formation by thapsigargin. ..
- Baba M, Imai T, Nishimura M, Kakizaki M, Takagi S, Hieshima K, et al. Identification of CCR6, the specific receptor for a novel lymphocyte-directed CC chemokine LARC. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:14893-8 pubmed..Taken together, GPR-CY4 is the specific receptor for LARC expressed selectively on lymphocytes, and LARC is a unique functional ligand for GPR-CY4. We propose GPR-CY4 to be designated as CCR6. ..
- Imai T, Baba M, Nishimura M, Kakizaki M, Takagi S, Yoshie O. The T cell-directed CC chemokine TARC is a highly specific biological ligand for CC chemokine receptor 4. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:15036-42 pubmed..Taken together, TARC is a specific functional ligand for CCR4, and CCR4 is the specific receptor for TARC selectively expressed on T cells. ..
- Michikawa T, Hirota J, Kawano S, Hiraoka M, Yamada M, Furuichi T, et al. Calmodulin mediates calcium-dependent inactivation of the cerebellar type 1 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor. Neuron. 1999;23:799-808 pubmed..These results indicate that the bell-shaped dependence on cytoplasmic Ca2+ is not an intrinsic property of the IP3R1, and the Ca2+-dependent inactivation is directly mediated by calmodulin. ..
- Nakamichi N, Fukumori R, Takarada T, Kambe Y, Yamamoto T, Matsushima N, et al. Preferential inhibition by antidiarrheic 2-methoxy-4-methylphenol of Ca(2+) influx across acquired N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor channels composed of NR1/NR2B subunit assembly. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:2483-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 2M4MP may protect neurons from excitotoxicity through preferential inhibition of Ca(2+) influx across NMDAR channels composed of NR1/NR2B subunits. ..
- Yoshioka H, Sugie K, Park H, Maeda H, Tsuda N, Kawakita K, et al. Induction of plant gp91 phox homolog by fungal cell wall, arachidonic acid, and salicylic acid in potato. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2001;14:725-36 pubmed publisher..Because it is known that lubimin is metabolized into rishitin via oxylubimin, we propose that AOS mediates the synthesis of rishitin from lubimin...
- Shikamoto Y, Morita T, Fujimoto Z, Mizuno H. Crystal structure of Mg2+- and Ca2+-bound Gla domain of factor IX complexed with binding protein. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:24090-4 pubmed..The results clearly suggest that Mg2+ ions are required to maintain native conformation and in vivo function of factor IX Gla domain during blood coagulation. ..
- Kanyinji F, Maeda T. Additional dietary calcium fed to Barred Plymouth Rock roosters reduces blood cholesterol, elevates seminal calcium, and enhances sperm motility, thermo-tolerance and cryosurvivability. Anim Reprod Sci. 2010;120:158-65 pubmed publisher..Indeed, additional dietary Ca elevated seminal [Ca(2+)] and lowered blood Ch, which enhanced fresh sperm quality measured as motility, thermo-tolerance and cryosurvivability, especially in 2% group, but not 4% added Ca-fed males. ..
- Wu J, Takeo T, Kamimura N, Wada J, Suga S, Hoshina Y, et al. Thimerosal modulates the agonist-specific cytosolic Ca2+ oscillatory patterns in single pancreatic acinar cells of mouse. FEBS Lett. 1996;390:149-52 pubmed..We conclude that thimerosal modulates the agonist-specific cytosolic Ca2+ oscillatory patterns mediated by sensitizing the InsP3-induced Ca2+ release. ..
- Takahashi Y, Kanai Y, Kamioka H, Ohta A, Maruyama H, Song Z, et al. Speciation of sulfate in size-fractionated aerosol particles using sulfur K-edge X-ray absorption near-edge structure. Environ Sci Technol. 2006;40:5052-7 pubmed
- Yoshioka T, Inagaki K, Noguchi T, Sakai M, Ogawa W, Hosooka T, et al. Identification and characterization of an alternative promoter of the human PGC-1alpha gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;381:537-43 pubmed publisher..Our results thus reveal a potential molecular basis for isoform-specific regulation of PGC-1alpha expression in contracting muscle. ..
- Takarada T, Takahata Y, Iemata M, Hinoi E, Uno K, Hirai T, et al. Interference with cellular differentiation by D-serine through antagonism at N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors composed of NR1 and NR3A subunits in chondrocytes. J Cell Physiol. 2009;220:756-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that D-Ser may negatively regulate cellular differentiation through inhibiting NMDA receptors composed of NR1 and NR3A subunits in a manner related to Runx2 transcriptional activity in chondrocytes. ..
- Sorimachi M, Yamagami K, Morita Y, Kuramoto K. GABA inhibits the rise in cytosolic free calcium concentration in depolarized immature cerebellar Purkinje cells. Neurosci Lett. 1991;122:229-32 pubmed..These findings indicate that GABA inhibits the rise in [Ca]in by hyperpolarizing the membrane potentials at Purkinje cell bodies...
- Nakai J, Dirksen R, Nguyen H, Pessah I, Beam K, Allen P. Enhanced dihydropyridine receptor channel activity in the presence of ryanodine receptor. Nature. 1996;380:72-5 pubmed..Our results support the possibility of a retrograde signal by which RyR-1 enhances the function of DHPRs as Ca2+ channels. ..
- Oyama Y, Sakai H, Arata T, Okano Y, Akaike N, Sakai K, et al. Cytotoxic effects of methanol, formaldehyde, and formate on dissociated rat thymocytes: a possibility of aspartame toxicity. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2002;18:43-50 pubmed..It is suggested that aspartame at abuse doses is harmless to humans. ..
- Masaki H, Miki T. [Bone and calcium metabolism in elderly women]. Clin Calcium. 2011;21:1361-7 pubmed publisher..These factors may influence on the elevated bone metabolism resulting in the discrepancy with morphometric evaluation. ..
- Nakamura N, Tsuru A, Hirayoshi K, Nagata K. Purification and characterization of a vimentin-specific protease in mouse myeloid leukemia cells. Regulation during differentiation and identity with cathepsin G. Eur J Biochem. 1992;205:947-54 pubmed..The purified protease thus belongs to the 'cathepsin G family', and perhaps is a mouse homologue of human cathepsin G. ..
- Tomomura A, Akiyama M, Itoh H, Yoshino I, Tomomura M, Nishii Y, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of human caldecrin. FEBS Lett. 1996;386:26-8 pubmed..These results suggest that human caldecrin possesses hypocalcemic activity that has no connection with its protease activity. ..
- Oami K, Takahashi M. K+-induced Ca2+ conductance responsible for the prolonged backward swimming in K+-agitated mutant of Paramecium caudatum. J Membr Biol. 2003;195:85-92 pubmed..We conclude that the overreaction of the Kag mutant to the K+-rich solution is caused by slowing down of the inactivation of the K+-induced Ca2+ conductance...
- Someya A, Yuyama H, Fujimori A, Ukai M, Fukushima S, Sasamata M. Effect of YM598, a selective endothelin ETA receptor antagonist, on endothelin-1-induced bone formation. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;543:14-20 pubmed..These results suggest that endothelin-1 may induce bone formation via endothelin ET(A) receptors in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Takashima S, Sugimoto N, Takuwa N, Okamoto Y, Yoshioka K, Takamura M, et al. G12/13 and Gq mediate S1P2-induced inhibition of Rac and migration in vascular smooth muscle in a manner dependent on Rho but not Rho kinase. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;79:689-97 pubmed publisher..These observations together suggest that S1P(2) mediates inhibition of Rac and migration through the coordinated action of G(12/13) and G(q) for Rho activation in VSMCs. ..
- Mori F, Tanji K, Wakabayashi K. Widespread calcium deposits, as detected using the alizarin red S technique, in the nervous system of rats treated with dimethyl mercury. Neuropathology. 2000;20:210-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that widespread calcium deposition could occur in the nervous system following dimethyl mercury exposure, and that in the rat the mechanism of calcium deposition differs depending upon the brain region. ..
- Kimura Y, Corcoran E, Eto K, Gengyo Ando K, Muramatsu M, Kobayashi R, et al. A CaMK cascade activates CRE-mediated transcription in neurons of Caenorhabditis elegans. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:962-6 pubmed..Utilizing a transgenic approach to visualize CREB-dependent transcription in vivo, we show that this CaMK cascade regulates CRE-mediated transcription in a subset of head neurons in living nematodes. ..
- Satoh T, Sato K, Kanoh A, Yamashita K, Yamada Y, Igarashi N, et al. Structures of the carbohydrate recognition domain of Ca2+-independent cargo receptors Emp46p and Emp47p. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:10410-9 pubmed
- Uezono Y, Toyohira Y, Yanagihara N, Wada A, Taniyama K. Inhibition by selenium compounds of catecholamine secretion due to inhibition of Ca2+ influx in cultured bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. J Pharmacol Sci. 2006;101:223-9 pubmed..Thus, sodium selenite may specifically exert adverse effects, such as inhibition of physiological stimulus-induced catecholamine secretion from adrenal chromaffin cells due to inhibition of Ca2+ influx. ..
- Jin X, Uyama T, Wang J, Okamoto Y, Tonai T, Ueda N. cDNA cloning and characterization of human and mouse Ca(2+)-independent phosphatidylethanolamine N-acyltransferases. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1791:32-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, mutagenesis studies showed crucial roles of His-154 and Cys-241 of rat iNAT in the catalysis and a possible role of the N-terminal domain in membrane association or protein-protein interaction. ..
- Kashihara T, Nakayama K, Ishikawa T. Distinct roles of protein kinase C isoforms in myogenic constriction of rat posterior cerebral arteries. J Pharmacol Sci. 2008;108:446-54 pubmed
- Yamaguchi M, Sakurai T. Reversible effect of calcium-binding protein regucalcin on the Ca(2+)-induced inhibition of deoxyuridine 5'-triphosphatase activity in rat liver cytosol. Mol Cell Biochem. 1992;110:25-9 pubmed..The present data suggest that liver cytosolic dUTPase is uniquely regulated by Ca2+ of various metals, and that the Ca2+ effect is reversed by regucalcin. ..
- Sorimachi M. Pharmacology of nicotine-induced increase in cytosolic Ca2+ concentrations in chick embryo ciliary ganglion cells. Brain Res. 1995;669:26-34 pubmed..However, nicotine still increased influxes of Ca2+ and Mn2+ in the absence of external Na+, suggesting that nicotinic receptor channels in these cells are permeable not only to monovalent cations but also to Ca2+ and Mn2+. ..
- Okada K, Takano Ohmuro H, Obinata T, Abe H. Dephosphorylation of cofilin in polymorphonuclear leukocytes derived from peripheral blood. Exp Cell Res. 1996;227:116-22 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that the dephosphorylation of cofilin is differently regulated depending on either fMLP or TPA activation. ..
- Setoguchi R, Kinashi T, Sagara H, Hirosawa K, Takatsu K. Defective degranulation and calcium mobilization of bone-marrow derived mast cells from Xid and Btk-deficient mice. Immunol Lett. 1998;64:109-18 pubmed..Our study demonstrated a critical role of Btk in regulating intracellular calcium and granule exocytosis. ..
- Taniuchi Y, Kawasaki T, Fujimura Y. The high molecular mass, glycoprotein Ib-binding protein flavocetin-A induces only small platelet aggregates in vitro. Thromb Res. 2000;97:69-75 pubmed..Consequently, flavocetin-A may be a useful tool to study the mechanism of GPIb-mediated platelet activation and the structure-function relationships of GPIb. ..
- Nagano O, Murakami D, Hartmann D, De Strooper B, Saftig P, Iwatsubo T, et al. Cell-matrix interaction via CD44 is independently regulated by different metalloproteinases activated in response to extracellular Ca(2+) influx and PKC activation. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:893-902 pubmed..The spatio-temporal regulation of two independent signaling pathways for CD44 cleavage plays a crucial role in cell-matrix interaction and cell migration...
- Watanabe M, Yumoto M, Tanaka H, Wang H, Katayama T, Yoshiyama S, et al. Blebbistatin, a myosin II inhibitor, suppresses contraction and disrupts contractile filaments organization of skinned taenia cecum from guinea pig. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;298:C1118-26 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that blebbistatin suppressed skinned smooth muscle contraction through disruption of structure of SMM by the agent...
- Nishiura H, Tokita K, Li Y, Harada K, Woodruff T, Taylor S, et al. The role of the ribosomal protein S19 C-terminus in Gi protein-dependent alternative activation of p38 MAP kinase via the C5a receptor in HMC-1 cells. Apoptosis. 2010;15:966-81 pubmed publisher..This activation is then amplified by a novel positive feedback loop between p38MAPK and TRPM. ..
- Baba A, Sakuma S, Okamoto H, Inoue T, Iwata H. Calcium induces membrane translocation of 12-lipoxygenase in rat platelets. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:15790-5 pubmed..These results suggest that stimulation of platelets is followed by the translocation of soluble 12-lipoxygenase to membranes, which is mediated by physiological concentration of Ca2+. ..
- Yoshida R, Imai T, Hieshima K, Kusuda J, Baba M, Kitaura M, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel human CC chemokine EBI1-ligand chemokine that is a specific functional ligand for EBI1, CCR7. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:13803-9 pubmed..ELC and EBI1 may thus play roles in migration and homing of normal lymphocytes, as well as in pathophysiology of lymphocytes infected with these herpesviruses. We propose EBI1 to be designated as CCR7. ..
- Imamura T, Matsushita K, Travis J, Potempa J. Inhibition of trypsin-like cysteine proteinases (gingipains) from Porphyromonas gingivalis by tetracycline and its analogues. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001;45:2871-6 pubmed..These results indicate a new activity of tetracyclines as cysteine proteinase inhibitors and may explain the therapeutic efficiency of these antibiotics in the treatment of periodontitis. ..
- Oba T, Kurono C, Nakajima R, Takaishi T, Ishida K, Fuller G, et al. H2O2 activates ryanodine receptor but has little effect on recovery of releasable Ca2+ content after fatigue. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2002;93:1999-2008 pubmed..These results suggest that H(2)O(2) markedly activates the ryanodine receptor under the redox control in vitro, but externally applied H(2)O(2) may not play an important role in the postfatigue recovery process. ..
- Sogawa Y, Shimizugawa A, Ohyama T, Maeda H, Hirahara K. The pyrazolone originally reported to be a formyl peptide receptor (FPR) 2/ALX-selective agonist is instead an FPR1 and FPR2/ALX dual agonist. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;111:317-21 pubmed..Our study revealed that compound A is in fact an FPR1 and FPR2/ALX dual agonist. ..
- Ishijima S. Regulations of microtubule sliding by Ca2+ and cAMP and their roles in forming flagellar waveforms. Cell Struct Funct. 2013;38:89-95 pubmed..cAMP enhanced the three-dimensionality of the flagellar waves at a low Ca(2+). These changes in the flagellar waves were caused by different regulations of the microtubule sliding by calcium, cAMP, and MgATP(2-)...
- Makitani K, Nakagawa S, Izumi Y, Akaike A, Kume T. Inhibitory effect of donepezil on bradykinin-induced increase in the intracellular calcium concentration in cultured cortical astrocytes. J Pharmacol Sci. 2017;134:37-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that donepezil inhibits the inflammatory response induced by bradykinin via nAChR and PI3K-Akt pathway in astrocytes. ..
- Terukina S, Matsuda M, Hirata H, Takeda Y, Miyata T, Takao T, et al. Substitution of gamma Arg-275 by Cys in an abnormal fibrinogen, "fibrinogen Osaka II". Evidence for a unique solitary cystine structure at the mutation site. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:13579-87 pubmed
- Yada T, Sakurada M, Nakata M, Ihida K, Yaekura K, Shioda S, et al. Current status of PACAP as a regulator of insulin secretion in pancreatic islets. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1996;805:329-40; discussion 341-2 pubmed..Finally, we hypothesize that PACAP is a pancreatic peptide of both neural and islet origin and functions as an intrinsic potentiator of glucose-induced insulin secretion in pancreatic islets (FIG 6). ..
- Wakita H, Furukawa F, Baba S, Takigawa M. Human squamous-cell-carcinoma cell line (DJM-1) cells synthesize P-cadherin molecules via an elevation of extracellular calcium: calcium regulates P-cadherin-gene expression at the translational level via protein tyrosine phosphorylation. Int J Cancer. 1997;73:432-9 pubmed
- Suzuki C, Shimma Y. P-type ATPase spf1 mutants show a novel resistance mechanism for the killer toxin SMKT. Mol Microbiol. 1999;32:813-23 pubmed..The glycosylation-defective phenotype and possible killer-resistant mechanisms are discussed in comparison with the Golgi Ca2+ pump Pmr1p...
- Asai M, Iwasaki Y, Yoshida M, Mutsuga Nakayama N, Arima H, Ito M, et al. Nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT) is involved in the depolarization-induced activation of growth hormone-releasing hormone gene transcription in vitro. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:3011-9 pubmed..Altogether, our results suggest that the transcription factor NFAT is involved in the depolarization-induced transcriptional activation of GHRH gene in the neuronal cells. ..
- Toyohara H, Yamamoto S, Hosoi M, Takagi M, Hayashi I, Nakao K, et al. Scallop DMT functions as a Ca2+ transporter. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2727-30 pubmed..Scallop DMT distinctly functions as a Ca(2+) transporter unlike other DMTs, however, it also transports Fe(2+) and Cd(2+) similar to them. ..
- Satoh T, Cowieson N, Hakamata W, Ideo H, Fukushima K, Kurihara M, et al. Structural basis for recognition of high mannose type glycoproteins by mammalian transport lectin VIP36. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:28246-55 pubmed..The complex structures reveal the structural basis for high mannose type glycoprotein recognition by VIP36 in a Ca(2+)-dependent and D1 arm-specific manner. ..
- Mizutani H, Okamoto R, Moriki N, Konishi K, Taniguchi M, Fujita S, et al. Overexpression of myosin phosphatase reduces Ca(2+) sensitivity of contraction and impairs cardiac function. Circ J. 2010;74:120-8 pubmed..Thus, MYPT2 is truly the regulatory subunit of cardiac MP in-vivo and plays a significant role in modulating cardiac function. (Circ J 2010; 74: 120 - 128). ..
- Yagi H, Ozono K, Miyake H, Nagashima K, Kuroume T, Pike J. A new point mutation in the deoxyribonucleic acid-binding domain of the vitamin D receptor in a kindred with hereditary 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D-resistant rickets. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1993;76:509-12 pubmed..We conclude that the genetic basis for 1,25-(OH)2D3 resistance in this kindred with VDR-positive HVDRR is due to a single base mutation in the VDR that leads to production of a receptor unable to interact appropriately with DNA. ..
- Takano S, Kimura J, Matsuoka I, Ono T. No requirement of P2X1 purinoceptors for platelet aggregation. Eur J Pharmacol. 1999;372:305-9 pubmed..We conclude that the P2X1 receptor does not play a significant role in the ADP-induced platelet shape changes and aggregation. ..
- Arikawa K, Takuwa N, Yamaguchi H, Sugimoto N, Kitayama J, Nagawa H, et al. Ligand-dependent inhibition of B16 melanoma cell migration and invasion via endogenous S1P2 G protein-coupled receptor. Requirement of inhibition of cellular RAC activity. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32841-51 pubmed..In the presence of JTE013, S1P instead stimulated Rac and migration in B16 cells that overexpress either S1P1 or S1P3, unveiling counteractions between S1P2 and S1P1 or S1P3 chemotactic receptor. ..
- Yoshida Y, Tsuchiya R, Matsumoto N, Morita M, Miyakawa H, Kudo Y. Ca2+-dependent induction of intracellular Ca2+ oscillation in hippocampal astrocytes during metabotropic glutamate receptor activation. J Pharmacol Sci. 2005;97:212-8 pubmed..These findings indicate the involvement of [Ca(2+)](i)-dependent regulatory mechanisms in the induction of the t-ACPD-induced oscillatory change in the [Ca(2+)](i) in astrocytes. ..
- Ogihara N, Usui Y, Aoki K, Shimizu M, Narita N, Hara K, et al. Biocompatibility and bone tissue compatibility of alumina ceramics reinforced with carbon nanotubes. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2012;7:981-93 pubmed publisher..Owing to proven good biocompatibility and bone tissue compatibility, the application of CNT/alumina composites as biomaterials that contact bone, such as prostheses in arthroplasty and devices for bone repair, are expected. ..
- Fukumori R, Takarada T, Nakazato R, Fujikawa K, Kou M, Hinoi E, et al. Selective inhibition by ethanol of mitochondrial calcium influx mediated by uncoupling protein-2 in relation to N-methyl-D-aspartate cytotoxicity in cultured neurons. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69718 pubmed publisher..Here, we evaluated pharmacological profiles of ethanol on the NMDA-induced increase in mitochondrial Ca(2+) levels in cultured murine neocortical neurons...
- Sakurai T, Kurokawa H, Nonomura Y. The Ca2(+)-dependent actin filament-severing activity of 74-kDa protein (adseverin) resides in its NH2-terminal half. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:4581-5 pubmed..The sequence homology and similar functional domain structure suggest a common structural basis for the calcium- and phospholipid-regulated actin-severing properties shared by adseverin, gelsolin, and villin. ..
- Kim D, Lim J, Lee J, Kim D, Lee H, Min W, et al. RGS2-mediated intracellular Ca2+ level plays a key role in the intracellular replication of Brucella abortus within phagocytes. J Infect Dis. 2012;205:445-52 pubmed publisher..However, the intracellular survival mechanism and factors of virulence are not fully understood...
- Arakawa M, Takeda N, Tachibana K, Deguchi R. Polyspermy block in jellyfish eggs: collaborative controls by Ca(2+) and MAPK. Dev Biol. 2014;392:80-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest that both the fast and late mechanisms dependent on Ca(2+) and MAPK, respectively, ensure a polyspermy block in jellyfish eggs. ..
- Tanida I, Hasegawa A, Iida H, Ohya Y, Anraku Y. Cooperation of calcineurin and vacuolar H(+)-ATPase in intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis of yeast cells. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:10113-9 pubmed
- Arakaki A, Takeyama H, Tanaka T, Matsunaga T. Cadmium recovery by a sulfate-reducing magnetotactic bacterium, Desulfovibrio magneticus RS-1, using magnetic separation. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2002;98-100:833-40 pubmed..7. Sixty percent of viable RS-1 cells was recovered by a simple magnetic separation revealing the removal of 58% cadmium from the culture medium. ..
- Kimura S, Zhang G, Nishiyama A, Shokoji T, Yao L, Fan Y, et al. Mitochondria-derived reactive oxygen species and vascular MAP kinases: comparison of angiotensin II and diazoxide. Hypertension. 2005;45:438-44 pubmed
- Nakata M, Manaka K, Yamamoto S, Mori M, Yada T. Nesfatin-1 enhances glucose-induced insulin secretion by promoting Ca(2+) influx through L-type channels in mouse islet ?-cells. Endocr J. 2011;58:305-13 pubmed..These results indicate that nesfain-1 potentiates glucose-induced insulin secretion by promoting Ca(2+) influx through L-type Ca(2+) channels independently of PKA and PLA(2) in mouse islet ?-cells. ..
- Kobayashi R, Kubota T, Hidaka H. Purification, characterization, and partial sequence analysis of a new 25-kDa actin-binding protein from bovine aorta: a SM22 homolog. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;198:1275-80 pubmed..Although chicken SM22 had not any interaction with contractile proteins or Ca2+, the bovine homolog clearly binds to F-actin and has Ca(2+)-binding domain in its primary structure. ..
- Takeuchi T, Sumiyoshi M, Kitayama M, Hirayama N, Fujita A, Hata F. Origin of Ca2+ necessary for carbachol-induced contraction in longitudinal muscle of the proximal colon of rats. Jpn J Pharmacol. 2001;87:309-17 pubmed..This strict dependency of the CCh-induced contraction on extracellular Ca2+ was discussed in relation to the results obtained in the fundus of rats. ..
- Sato Y, Metoki N, Iwamoto J, Satoh K. Amelioration of osteoporosis and hypovitaminosis D by sunlight exposure in stroke patients. Neurology. 2003;61:338-42 pubmed..1). Sunlight exposure can increase the BMD of vitamin D-deficient bone by increasing 25-OHD concentration. ..
- Irie A, Segi E, Sugimoto Y, Ichikawa A, Negishi M. Mouse prostaglandin E receptor EP3 subtype mediates calcium signals via Gi in cDNA-transfected Chinese hamster ovary cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;204:303-9 pubmed..Thus, EP3 is linked to phospholipase C activation via Gi, and this activation leads to Ca2+ mobilization from internal stores and influx from the extracellular medium. ..
- Kobayashi R, Mizutani A, Hidaka H. Isolation and characterization of a 36-kDa microfibril-associated glycoprotein by the newly synthesized isoquinolinesulfonamide affinity chromatography. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;198:1262-6 pubmed
- Yokomizo T, Izumi T, Takahashi T, Kasama T, Kobayashi Y, Sato F, et al. Enzymatic inactivation of leukotriene B4 by a novel enzyme found in the porcine kidney. Purification and properties of leukotriene B4 12-hydroxydehydrogenase. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:18128-35 pubmed..These results suggest that the enzyme acts specifically on the 12(R)-hydroxy group of leukotriene B4 and is involved in the metabolic inactivation of LTB4 in the porcine kidney. ..
- Mammoto A, Masumoto N, Tahara M, Yoneda M, Nishizaki T, Tasaka K, et al. Involvement of a sperm protein sensitive to sulfhydryl-depleting reagents in mouse sperm-egg fusion. J Exp Zool. 1997;278:178-88 pubmed..These results suggest that a protein which is sensitive to SH-depleting reagents may play an important role in mouse sperm-egg fusion and that the functional SH region of the protein may be located at an intracellular site...
- Pan S, Tsuruta R, Masuda E, Imamura R, Bazan F, Arai K, et al. NFATz: a novel rel similarity domain containing protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;272:765-76 pubmed..The chromosomal location determined by FISH revealed that NFATz and NFATx genes are in the same region. ..
- Kawabata A, Nakaya Y, Ishiki T, Kubo S, Kuroda R, Sekiguchi F, et al. Receptor-activating peptides for PAR-1 and PAR-2 relax rat gastric artery via multiple mechanisms. Life Sci. 2004;75:2689-702 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that endothelial PAR-1 and PAR-2, upon activation, dilate the gastric artery via NO and prostanoid formation and also EDHF mechanisms including gap junctions, which would enhance GMBF. ..
- Naoe Y, Arita K, Hashimoto H, Kanazawa H, Sato M, Shimizu T. Structural characterization of calcineurin B homologous protein 1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32372-8 pubmed..CHP1 contains a hydrophobic pocket on the opposite side of the protein to the EF-hands that has been implicated in ligand binding. ..
- Nishimura A, Okamoto M, Sugawara Y, Mizuno N, Yamauchi J, Itoh H. Ric-8A potentiates Gq-mediated signal transduction by acting downstream of G protein-coupled receptor in intact cells. Genes Cells. 2006;11:487-98 pubmed..These results suggested that Ric-8A potentiates Gq-mediated signal transduction by acting as a novel-type regulator in intact cells. ..
- Inouye S. Expression, purification and characterization of calcium-triggered luciferin-binding protein of Renilla reniformis. Protein Expr Purif. 2007;52:66-73 pubmed..When RLBP mixed with Ca2+, coelenterazine was dissociated from RLBP and was utilized for the luminescence reaction of Renilla luciferase. Also semi-synthetic RLBPs with h-, e-, and Bis-coelenterazines were prepared and characterized...
- Ito T, Nakata M, Fukazawa J, Ishida S, Takahashi Y. Alteration of substrate specificity: the variable N-terminal domain of tobacco Ca(2+)-dependent protein kinase is important for substrate recognition. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1592-604 pubmed publisher..Our results open the possibility of engineering the substrate specificity of CDPK by manipulation of the variable N-terminal domain, enabling a rational rewiring of cellular signaling pathways. ..
- Abe T, Sugihara H, Nawa H, Shigemoto R, Mizuno N, Nakanishi S. Molecular characterization of a novel metabotropic glutamate receptor mGluR5 coupled to inositol phosphate/Ca2+ signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:13361-8 pubmed
- Imamura M, Masaki T. A novel nonmuscle alpha-actinin. Purification and characterization of chicken lung alpha-actinin. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:25927-33 pubmed..This indicates that the 115-kDa protein is distinct from other nonmuscle alpha-actinins by its Ca2+ sensitivity. ..
- Ihara Y, Yamada Y, Fujii Y, Gonoi T, Yano H, Yasuda K, et al. Molecular diversity and functional characterization of voltage-dependent calcium channels (CACN4) expressed in pancreatic beta-cells. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:121-30 pubmed..Furthermore, the present study suggests that the expression of the beta-subunit as well as the alpha 1-subunit may participate in the regulation of insulin secretion. ..
- Nasu T, Murase H, Shibata H. Manganese ions induce tonic contraction after relaxation in a high-K+ medium in ileal longitudinal smooth muscle of guinea-pig. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1994;46:735-9 pubmed
- Cunningham S, Mihara S, Higashi H. Presynaptic calcium channels mediating synaptic transmission in submucosal neurones of the guinea-pig caecum. J Physiol. 1998;509 ( Pt 2):425-35 pubmed
- Mochizuki R, Kamiyama M, Arai K, Arai K, Uehara K. Expression of desmosomal proteins in rat keratinocytes during in vitro differentiation. J Vet Med Sci. 2002;64:123-7 pubmed..These observations indicate that cultured rat keratinocytes maintain the ability to differentiate in vitro, which is similar to that of the basal keratinocytes in the epidermis. ..
- Watanabe Y, Song T, Sugimoto K, Horii M, Araki N, Tokumitsu H, et al. Post-synaptic density-95 promotes calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II-mediated Ser847 phosphorylation of neuronal nitric oxide synthase. Biochem J. 2003;372:465-71 pubmed..Thus PSD-95 mediates cellular trafficking of nNOS, and may be required for the efficient phosphorylation of nNOS at Ser(847) by CaM-K II in neuronal cells. ..
- Yamakawa H, Katou S, Seo S, Mitsuhara I, Kamada H, Ohashi Y. Plant MAPK phosphatase interacts with calmodulins. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:928-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that plant CaMs are involved in these stress-activated MAPK cascades via NtMKP1...
- Ota E, Nagai H, Nagashima Y, Shiomi K. Molecular cloning of two toxic phospholipases A2 from the crown-of-thorns starfish Acanthaster planci venom. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;143:54-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the phylogenetic tree made clearly demonstrated that AP-PLA2s and A. pectinifera PLA2s are distinguishable from the group IB PLA2s as well as other PLA2s, being classified into a new group...
- Ataka K, Ito M, Shibata T. New views on antidiarrheal effect of wood creosote: is wood creosote really a gastrointestinal antiseptic?. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2005;125:937-50 pubmed