Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on calcium in China
Publications142 found, 100 shown here
- Wang L, Zhang Q, Hu X, Lun N, Zhu F. Verapamil, cyproheptadine, and anisodamine antagonized [Ca2+]i elevation induced by TNFalpha in a single endothelial cell. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2001;22:918-22 pubmed..That Cyp and Ani obviously suppress TNFalpha-induced [Ca2+]i elevation probably is one of the mechanisms of their antishock effects. ..
- Lo C. Parathyroid autotransplantation during thyroidectomy. ANZ J Surg. 2002;72:902-7 pubmed
- Dong X, Wang Y, Qin Z. Molecular mechanisms of excitotoxicity and their relevance to pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:379-87 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the current understanding of excitotoxic mechanisms and how they are involved in the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Zhu S, Qian Y, Shi L, Yang W, Feng X, Li C, et al. [Effect of tanshinone IIA on the change of calcium current induced by beta-amyloid protein 25-35 in neurons of nucleus basalis of Meynert]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2010;35:840-6 pubmed publisher..05). In vitro, TanIIA could inhibit the calcium current amplification induced by Abeta25-35 in neurons of nbM. TanIIA may protect neurons against the toxicity of Abeta and decrease the inward flow of Ca(2+). ..
- Song C, Zhou X, Dong Q, Fan R, Wu G, Ji B, et al. Regulation of inflammatory response in human chondrocytes by lentiviral mediated RNA interference against S100A10. Inflamm Res. 2012;61:1219-27 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the calcium concentration increase in HCs stimulated by LPS was also inhibited by S100A10 knockdown. Our investigation demonstrated that S100A10 might be considered as a potential target for anti-inflammatory treatment. ..
- Wang L, Lin S, He Y, Liu G, Wang Z. Protective effects of quercetin on cadmium-induced cytotoxicity in primary cultures of rat proximal tubular cells. Biomed Environ Sci. 2013;26:258-67 pubmed publisher..The present study has suggested that quercetin, as a widely distributed dietary antioxidant, contributes potentially to prevent cadmium-induced cytotoxicity in rPT cells. ..
- Zhou J, Li B, Lu S, Zhang L, Han Y. Regulation of osteoblast proliferation and differentiation by interrod spacing of Sr-HA nanorods on microporous titania coatings. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013;5:5358-65 pubmed publisher..Our work provides insight to the surface structural design of a biomedical implant favoring osteointegration. ..
- Jin M, Zhang L, Yu H, Meng J, Sun Z, Lu R. Protective effect of whey protein hydrolysates on H?O?-induced PC12 cells oxidative stress via a mitochondria-mediated pathway. Food Chem. 2013;141:847-52 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that WPHs can significantly protect PC12 cells against oxidative stress via a mitochondria-mediated pathway. These findings indicate the potential benefits of WPHs as valuable food antioxidative additives. ..
- Zhang X, Wang L, Zhou A, Zhou Q, Huang X. Alterations in cytosol free calcium in horseradish roots simultaneously exposed to lanthanum(III) and acid rain. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2016;126:62-70 pubmed publisher..A low concentration of La(III) (20 mg L(-1)) could alleviate the adverse effects on the roots caused by acid rain, and the combined exposures at higher concentrations of La(III) and acid rain had synergic effects on the roots. ..
- Yip H, Guo J, Wong W. Protection offered by root-surface restorative materials against biofilm challenge. J Dent Res. 2007;86:431-5 pubmed..Glass-ionomer restoratives conferred a preventive effect on the root surfaces against initial cariogenic challenge with a mixed-species oral biofilm without therapeutic intervention...
- Cao X, Zhao S, Liu D, Wang Z, Niu L, Hou L, et al. ROS-Ca(2+) is associated with mitochondria permeability transition pore involved in surfactin-induced MCF-7 cells apoptosis. Chem Biol Interact. 2011;190:16-27 pubmed publisher..In summary, surfactin has notable anti-tumor effect on MCF-7 cells, however, there was no obvious cytotoxicity on normal cells. ..
- Wenjin W, Wenchao L, Hao Z, Feng L, Yan W, Wodong S, et al. Electrical stimulation promotes BDNF expression in spinal cord neurons through Ca(2+)- and Erk-dependent signaling pathways. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2011;31:459-67 pubmed publisher..These findings argue that electrical stimulation increases BDNF expression in spinal cord neurons by activating a Ca(2+)- and Erk-dependent signaling pathways. ..
- Zhang L, Yu Y, Song Z, Wang Y, Yu Z. Synergistic effects between phosphorylation of phospholamban and troponin I promote relaxation at higher heart rate. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2011;2011:651627 pubmed publisher..Those results suggest that the synergistic effects of PLB and cTnI induce higher degree of relaxation which makes a sufficient diastolic filling of the ventricle at higher heart rate. ..
- Hang F, Wang Q, Hong Q, Liu P, Wu Z, Liu Z, et al. Purification and characterization of a novel milk-clotting metalloproteinase from Paenibacillus spp. BD3526. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;85:547-54 pubmed publisher..The cleavage site of the metalloproteinase in Îº-CN was located at the Met106-Ala107 bond, as determined by mass spectrometry analysis. ..
- Lan M, Shi Y, Han Z, Hao Z, Pan Y, Liu N, et al. Expression of delayed rectifier potassium channels and their possible roles in proliferation of human gastric cancer cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2005;4:1342-7 pubmed..Kv1.5 may be involved in tumor cells proliferation by controlling Ca(2+) entry, and the interference of K(D) channels expression and/or activity could provide a novel strategy to reverse the malignant phenotype of gastric cancer cells. ..
- Peng G, Lu W, Li X, Chen Y, Zhong N, Ran P, et al. Expression of store-operated Ca2+ entry and transient receptor potential canonical and vanilloid-related proteins in rat distal pulmonary venous smooth muscle. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;299:L621-30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SOCE through Ca(2+) channels composed of TRP proteins may contribute to Ca(2+) signaling in rat distal PV smooth muscle. ..
- Yue G, Yip T, Huang Y, Ko W. Cellular mechanism for potentiation of Ca2+-mediated Cl- secretion by the flavonoid baicalein in intestinal epithelia. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:39310-6 pubmed
- Cao C, Chen M, Wong T. The K(Ca) channel as a trigger for the cardioprotection induced by kappa-opioid receptor stimulation -- its relationship with protein kinase C. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;145:984-91 pubmed..In conclusion, the high-conductance K(Ca) channel triggers cardioprotection induced by kappa-OR stimulation that involves inhibition of MPTP opening. The K(Ca) channel is located downstream of PKC. ..
- Mu D, Chen W, Yu B, Zhang C, Zhang Y, Qi H. Calcium and survivin are involved in the induction of apoptosis by dihydroartemisinin in human lung cancer SPC-A-1 cells. Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2007;29:33-8 pubmed..These results demonstrated that DHA can induce apoptosis of lung cancer cell line SPC-A-1 cells and that calcium and survivin participated in the apoptotic signalling pathways. ..
- Zhang C, Wang X, Zhong M, Liu R, Li H, Zhang W, et al. Mechanisms underlying vasorelaxant action of astragaloside IV in isolated rat aortic rings. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;34:387-92 pubmed..The endothelium-dependent vessel dilation of astragaloside IV was attributed mainly to the endothelium-dependent NO-cGMP pathway...
- Xu Z, Wang F, Gao M, Chen X, Shan N, Cheng S, et al. Cardiotonic steroids attenuate ERK phosphorylation and generate cell cycle arrest to block human hepatoma cell growth. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;125:181-91 pubmed publisher..Currently, the first generation of CS-based anticancer drugs (UNBS1450 and Anvirzel) are in Phase I clinical trials. These data clearly support their potential use as cancer therapies. ..
- Mo Z, Fang Y, He Y, Zhang S. ?-Asarone protects PC12 cells against OGD/R-induced injury via attenuating Beclin-1-dependent autophagy. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012;33:737-42 pubmed publisher..Asarone protects PC12 cells against OGD/R-induced injury partly due to attenuating Beclin-1-dependent autophagy caused by decreasing [Ca(2+)](i) and increasing MMP. ..
- Hu S, Shen Y, Gong J, Yang Y. Effect of sophoridine on CaÂ²âº induced CaÂ²âº release during heart failure. Physiol Res. 2016;65:43-52 pubmed..Our results suggest that sophoridine could improve heart failure by ameliorating cardiac Ca(2+) induced Ca(2+) transients, and that this amelioration is associated with upregulation of DHPR. ..
- Song Z, Wang L, Chen N, Cao A, Liu Y, Wang H. Biological effects of agglomerated multi-walled carbon nanotubes. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2016;142:65-73 pubmed publisher..That was assayed by cell proliferation, membrane integrity, apoptosis and ROS generation. This study suggests us that the biological behaviors of nanomaterials could be altered by their states of agglomeration. ..
- Liang J, Luo G, Ning X, Shi Y, Zhai H, Sun S, et al. Differential expression of calcium-related genes in gastric cancer cells transfected with cellular prion protein. Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;85:375-83 pubmed..Though the underlying mechanisms need further exploration, this study provides a new insight into the role of PrPC in gastric cancer and enriches our knowledge of prion protein. ..
- Fan M, Wong K, Wu S, Leung W, Yam W, Wong T. Preconditioning with Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide may confer cardioprotection and improve recovery of the electrically induced intracellular calcium transient during ischemia and reperfusion. J Periodontal Res. 2010;45:100-8 pubmed publisher..At a dosage of 0.5 mg/kg, P. gingivalis LPS confers cardioprotection against ischemia-reperfusion-induced injury and improved intracellular E[Ca(2+)](i) transient recovery, hence improving myocyte contractile recovery. ..
- Zhu J, Tao Y, Lou S, Wu Z. Protective effects of ginsenoside Rb(3) on oxygen and glucose deprivation-induced ischemic injury in PC12 cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:273-80 pubmed publisher..Ginsenoside Rb(3) could be a promising candidate in the development of a novel class of anti-ischemic agent. ..
- Tang F, Hu H, Sun L, Sun Y, Shi N, Crittenden J. Fouling characteristics of reverse osmosis membranes at different positions of a full-scale plant for municipal wastewater reclamation. Water Res. 2016;90:329-336 pubmed publisher..0%) fraction was largest among the six fractions in RO influent, while HON (38.2-51.1%) and HOA (22.1-26.1%) tended to accumulate on membranes in higher quantities. Monitoring HON and HOA might help to forecast organic fouling. ..
- Song Y, Huang C, Shi X, Pan Y, Liu X, Luo Z. Endoplasmic reticulum stress and dysregulation of calcium homeostasis mediate Cu-induced alteration in hepatic lipid metabolism of javelin goby Synechogobius hasta. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:20-9 pubmed publisher..hasta and demonstrated their differential expression among tissues. Moreover, the study demonstrated the molecular mechanism by which ER stress might underlie the change of lipid metabolism induced by Cu in S. hasta. ..
- Liu L, Li Y, Zhu Y, Du G, Chen J. Redistribution of carbon flux in Torulopsis glabrata by altering vitamin and calcium level. Metab Eng. 2007;9:21-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the manipulation of vitamin level provided an alternative tool to realize metabolic engineering goals. ..
- Cheng Y, George I, Yi G, Reiken S, Gu A, Tao Y, et al. Bradycardic therapy improves left ventricular function and remodeling in dogs with coronary embolization-induced chronic heart failure. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;321:469-76 pubmed..Restored protein levels of SERCA2a and improved function of RyR2 may be important mechanisms associated with cilobradine therapy. ..
- Chen W, Li X, Cao W, Xiao X, Dong L, Zhang J. Vardenafil ameliorates calcium mobilization in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells from hypoxic pulmonary hypertensive mice. Arch Med Res. 2012;43:265-73 pubmed publisher..Vardenafil may effectively block Ca(2+) influx through L-type Ca(2+) channel and inhibit the Ca(2+) release from SR through IP(3)Rs, thus enhancing its vasorelaxation of pulmonary arteries under hypoxia conditions. ..
- Li C, Ban X, Gu Z, Li Z. Calcium ion contribution to thermostability of cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase is closely related to calcium-binding site CaIII. J Agric Food Chem. 2013;61:8836-41 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that the contribution of Ca²? to CGTase thermostability was closely related to CaIII. ..
- Zhang Z, Ding X, Tong J, Li B. Partial rescue of the phenotype in 1?-hydroxylase gene knockout mice by vitamin D3 injection. Endocr Res. 2011;36:101-8 pubmed publisher..25-Hydroxyvitamin D can mediate effects in the absence of conversion to 1?,25-dihydroxyvitamin D was confirmed in this study. ..
- Wang C, Liu N, Luan R, Li Y, Wang D, Zou W, et al. Apelin protects sarcoplasmic reticulum function and cardiac performance in ischaemia-reperfusion by attenuating oxidation of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase and ryanodine receptor. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;100:114-24 pubmed publisher..Apelin-13 maintained the Ca(2+) transient against I/R in cardiomyocytes. Apelin protects SR function and cardiac performance during I/R by attenuating oxidation of sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase and RyR. ..
- Liu S, Liao E, Wu X, Luo X, Li H, Chen Z, et al. [Compound nylestriol tablet to prevent bone loss in osteoporotic rats]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2004;29:405-9 pubmed..CNT therapy can prevent the bone loss of RA-induced and OVX-induced osteoporotic rats, and its therapeutic and preventive effect is better than its components used alone. ..
- Zhang Y, Xia Z, La Cour K, Ren J. Activation of Akt rescues endoplasmic reticulum stress-impaired murine cardiac contractile function via glycogen synthase kinase-3?-mediated suppression of mitochondrial permeation pore opening. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2011;15:2407-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that ER stress may compromise cardiac contractile and intracellular Ca(2+) properties, possibly through the Akt/GSK3?-dependent impairment of mitochondrial integrity. ..
- Chen S, Feng W, Yang X, Yang W, Ru Y, Liao J, et al. Functional expression of P2X family receptors in macrophages is affected by microenvironment in mouse T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:1002-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that the intercellular communication mediated by nucleotides might orchestrate in the pathological process of leukemia and could be a potential target for the treatment of leukemia. ..
- Chen K, Li H, Ye N, Zhang J, Wang J. Role of GABAB receptors in GABA and baclofen-induced inhibition of adult rat cerebellar interpositus nucleus neurons in vitro. Brain Res Bull. 2005;67:310-8 pubmed
- Sun Q, Ma Y, Zhang L, Zhao Y, Zang W, Chen C. Effects of GH secretagogues on contractility and Ca2+ homeostasis of isolated adult rat ventricular myocytes. Endocrinology. 2010;151:4446-54 pubmed publisher..We conclude that hexarelin and ghrelin increase the I(Ca,L), through GHS-R1a receptor and protein kinase C signalling cascade, which contribute to its direct positive inotropic effect on cardiomyocytes. ..
- Li C, Yang C, Wang S, Zhang J, Kong X, Ouyang J. A 10-year retrospective study of primary hyperparathyroidism in children. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2012;120:229-33 pubmed publisher..Evaluation of serum calcium and PTH levels is diagnostic in suspected patients. Preoperative localization is essential. Surgery is without significant complications. Surgical treatment of PHPT is curative and definitive. ..
- Zheng J, He L, Hu T. [The relationship between the effects of MTA on mRNA expression of four iconic proteins in cells of fetal rat skull and cell culture environment]. Shanghai Kou Qiang Yi Xue. 2016;25:16-21 pubmed..At the same time, the expression of ALPmRNA, BGPmRNA, Col ? mRNA and Cbfalpha lmRNA were regulated accordingly, which is the key to explain osteogenetic mechanism of MTA. ..
- Chiu P, Leung H, Siu A, Poon M, Ko K. Schisandrin B decreases the sensitivity of mitochondria to calcium ion-induced permeability transition and protects against carbon tetrachloride toxicity in mouse livers. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:1108-12 pubmed..In conclusion, the results suggest that the hepatoprotection afforded by Sch B pretreatment against CCl4 toxicity may be related to the increase in the resistance of hepatic mitochondria to Ca2+-stimulated PT. ..
- Zhou J, Zhou H, Du G, Liu L, Chen J. Screening of a thiamine-auxotrophic yeast for alpha-ketoglutaric acid overproduction. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2010;51:264-71 pubmed publisher..The alpha-KG-overproducing yeast strain Y. lipolytica WSH-Z06 is a promising parent strain for further metabolic engineering to lower by-product accumulation and accelerate glycerol utilization. ..
- Chen S, Wang X, Xie X, Zheng L, Yao D, Wang D, et al. Comparative study of osteogenic potential of a composite scaffold incorporating either endogenous bone morphogenetic protein-2 or exogenous phytomolecule icaritin: an in vitro efficacy study. Acta Biomater. 2012;8:3128-37 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that PLGA/TCP composite scaffolds incorporating osteogenic ICT might be a promising approach for bone tissue bioengineering and regeneration. ..
- Dong F, Yang X, Jiang T, Chen Y. Ischemia triggered ATP release through Pannexin-1 channel by myocardial cells activates sympathetic fibers. Microvasc Res. 2016;104:32-7 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a new approach to study the cell and nerve interaction in the cardiac system, as well as a new understanding of ATP function during ischemia. ..
- Lu M, Zhang Y, Tang S, Pan J, Yu Y, Han J, et al. AtCNGC2 is involved in jasmonic acid-induced calcium mobilization. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:809-19 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that JA first induces the elevation of cAMP, and cAMP, as an activating ligand, activates the AtCNGC2 channel, resulting in apoplastic Ca(2+) influx through AtCNGC2. ..
- Bi S, Jin Z, Zhang J, Chen T, Zhang S, Yang Y, et al. Calpain inhibitor MDL 28170 protects against the Ca2+ paradox in rat hearts. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012;39:385-92 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the Ca(2+) paradox promotes calpain activity, leading to necrosis, apoptosis and myocardial dysfunction. ..
- Zhao D, Huang S, Lu F, Wang B, Yang L, Qin L, et al. Vascularized bone grafting fixed by biodegradable magnesium screw for treating osteonecrosis of the femoral head. Biomaterials. 2016;81:84-92 pubmed publisher..The use of biodegradable Mg screws may provide a promising bone graft-screw fixation route in treating ONFH and present considerable potential for orthopedic applications. ..
- Wu Y, Xue C, Chen L, Yuan W, Bai F. Synergistic effect of calcium and zinc on glucose/xylose utilization and butanol tolerance of Clostridium acetobutylicum. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2016;363:fnw023 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that calcium and zinc could play synergistic roles improving ABE fermentation by C. acetobutylicum. ..
- Li J, Shen Y, Cai B, Zhao J, Bai X, Lu Y, et al. Arsenic trioxide induces the apoptosis in vascular smooth muscle cells via increasing intracellular calcium and ROS formation. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:1569-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that arsenic trioxide obviously induced apoptosis in SMCs, and its mechanism was partially associated with intracellular ROS formation and free Ca(2+) increasing. ..
- Chen J, Tao R, Sun H, Tse H, Lau C, Li G. Multiple Ca2+ signaling pathways regulate intracellular Ca2+ activity in human cardiac fibroblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:68-75 pubmed publisher..This study provides a base for future investigations into how Ca(2+) signals regulate biological activity in human cardiac fibroblasts and cardiac remodeling under pathological conditions. ..
- Wang X, Wu Y, Zhang T, Xu X, Dao G, Hu H. Simultaneous nitrogen, phosphorous, and hardness removal from reverse osmosis concentrate by microalgae cultivation. Water Res. 2016;94:215-224 pubmed publisher..The proposed approach serves dual purposes of nutrient and hardness reduction and production of lipid rich micro-algal biomass. ..
- Liu Z, Wang S, Zhou H, Yang Y, Zhang M. Na+/H+ exchanger mediates TNF-alpha-induced hepatocyte apoptosis via the calpain-dependent degradation of Bcl-xL. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:879-85 pubmed publisher..TNF-alpha via NHE results in hepatocyte apoptosis through the calcium/calpain/Bcl-xL pathway. ..
- Huang C, Chen Y, Yang C, Lin H, Way T, Chiang W, et al. Extract of lotus leaf ( Nelumbo nucifera ) and its active constituent catechin with insulin secretagogue activity. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:1087-94 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that NNE and its active constituent catechin are useful in the control of hyperglycemia in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus through their action as insulin secretagogues...
- Zhang Y, Wang D, Zheng D, Zhang H, Xue S. [Studies on the changes in calcium fluxes in ts-RSV LA 90 cells transformation]. Shi Yan Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 1990;23:333-40 pubmed..The level of [Ca2+]i in transformed LA 90 cells was about 2-3 times as much as that in normal LA 90 cells.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Zhang H, Darvell B. Morphology and structural characteristics of hydroxyapatite whiskers: effect of the initial Ca concentration, Ca/P ratio and pH. Acta Biomater. 2011;7:2960-8 pubmed publisher..However, under these conditions, the crystal growth habit was also changed, showing preferred growth along both the c- and a-axes. The increase in whisker width over the general value obtained was abrupt at low i[Ca] and high iCa/P. ..
- Wang X, Wang M, Jia Z, Song X, Wang L, Song L. A shell-formation related carbonic anhydrase in Crassostrea gigas modulates intracellular calcium against CO2 exposure: Implication for impacts of ocean acidification on mollusk calcification. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:216-228 pubmed publisher..The results indicated CgCA played essential roles in calcification and elevated CO2 accelerated the mutual modulation between calcium and CgCA, implying reduced calcification rate and dissolved shells under OA. ..
- Zhao Y, Du J, Zhao G, Jiang L. Activation of calcineurin is mainly responsible for the calcium sensitivity of gene deletion mutations in the genome of budding yeast. Genomics. 2013;101:49-56 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the calcium sensitivity of nearly a half of these 120 mutations is at least partially due to the activation of calcineurin and can be modulated by magnesium ion. ..
- You S, Han Q, Xu J, Zhong C, Zhang Y, Liu H, et al. Serum Calcium and Phosphate Levels and Short- and Long-Term Outcomes in Acute Intracerebral Hemorrhage Patients. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:914-20 pubmed publisher..Elevated admission serum calcium level but not phosphate level is positively associated with excellent outcome at discharge or 3 months in acute intracerebral hemorrhage patients. ..
- Huang L, Chen N, Ge M, Zhu Y, Guan S, Wang J. Ca2+ and acidosis synergistically lead to the dysfunction of cortical GABAergic neurons during ischemia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:709-14 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that the cocktail therapeutics is needed to prevent neuronal death from ischemia. ..
- Du J, Wang X, Li J, Guo J, Liu L, Yan D, et al. Increasing TRPV4 expression restores flow-induced dilation impaired in mesenteric arteries with aging. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22780 pubmed publisher..We concluded that impaired TRPV4-mediated Ca(2+) signaling causes endothelial dysfunction and that TRPV4 is a potential target for clinical treatment of age-related vascular system diseases. ..
- Wang X, Zhu P, Pi F, Jiang H, Shao J, Zhang Y, et al. A Sensitive and simple macrophage-based electrochemical biosensor for evaluating lipopolysaccharide cytotoxicity of pathogenic bacteria. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;81:349-357 pubmed publisher..Compared with conventional methods, this electrochemical test is inexpensive, highly sensitive, and has a quick response, and thus provides a new avenue for evaluating the cytotoxicity of pathogens. ..
- Li X, Wu F, Xu R, Hu W, Jiang D, Ji C, et al. Acid-sensing ion channel 1a-mediated calcium influx regulates apoptosis of endplate chondrocytes in intervertebral discs. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2014;18:1-14 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about the role of ASIC1a in endplate chondrocytes in intervertebral discs (IVDs)...
- Zhang F, Luo C, Zahng J. [Alleviation effect of exogenous Ca, P and N on the growth of Chinese fir seedlings under Al stress]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2005;16:213-7 pubmed..7 was the critical molar ratio. Solution NO3(-)-N could mitigate some adverse effects of Al on Chinese fir seedlings growth, but no regular effects were found with the change of solution NO3(-)-N/Al molar ratio...
- Wang Z, Sun J, Wang D, Xie Y, Wang S, Zhao W. Pharmacological studies of the large-scaled purified genistein from Huaijiao (Sophora japonica-Leguminosae) on anti-osteoporosis. Phytomedicine. 2006;13:718-23 pubmed..In comparison with the anti-osteoporosis effects of soybean genistein, the genistein extracted from Huaijiao has the same beneficial effect on anti-osteoporosis...
- Cai R, Ding X, Zhou K, Shi Y, Ge R, Ren G, et al. Blockade of TRPC6 channels induced G2/M phase arrest and suppressed growth in human gastric cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2009;125:2281-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Ca(2+) elevation regulated by TRPC6 channels is essential for G2/M phase transition and for the development of gastric cancers. ..
- Gao F, Jia Q, Guo F, Zhang Y, Huang Z, Zhou Y, et al. Egr-1, a central and unifying role in cardioprotection from ischemia-reperfusion injury?. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2009;24:519-26 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the inhibition of Egr-1 overexpression cannot involve all mechanisms of cardioprotection from I/R injury. ..
- Wang C, Qiao Y, Li Q, Li P, Meng H, MENG L, et al. [Changes of hearing threshold and calcium/calmodulin in the cochlear nucleus cells of mice with cytomegalovirus intracranial infection]. Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2013;48:154-7 pubmed..To explore the changes in the threshold of auditory brainstem response (ABR) and [Ca(2+)]I and calmodulin (CaM) in cochlear nucleus of newborn mice infected by murine cytomegalovirus (MCMV) in the brain...
- Wu W, Wu P, Zhou J, Guan X, ZHANG Z, Yang Y, et al. Orexin-A activates hypothalamic AMP-activated protein kinase signaling through a Ca²?-dependent mechanism involving voltage-gated L-type calcium channel. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;84:876-87 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that orexin-A activates hypothalamic AMPK signaling through a Ca²?-dependent mechanism involving the voltage-gated L-type calcium channel, which may serve as a potential target for regulating feeding behavior. ..
- Gao B, Huang L, Liu H, Wu H, Zhang E, Yang L, et al. Platelet P2Y?? receptors are involved in the haemostatic effect of notoginsenoside Ft1, a saponin isolated from Panax notoginseng. Br J Pharmacol. 2014;171:214-23 pubmed publisher..Ft1 enhanced platelet aggregation by activating a signalling network mediated through P2Y?? receptors. These novel findings may contribute to the effective utilization of this compound in the therapy of haematological disorders. ..
- Cheng J, Chen Y, Xing H, Jiang H, Ye X. Down-regulation of ASICs current and the calcium transients by disrupting PICK1 protects primary cultured mouse cortical neurons from OGD-Rep insults. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:10272-82 pubmed..These results indicate that knocking-out PICK1 gene casts the neuroprotection effect by reducing ASICs current and the calcium transients in OGD-Rep neuronal cells, which will offer a promising strategy in the therapy of brain ischemia. ..
- Liu L, Fan Y, Zhang Z, Yang C, Geng T, Gong D, et al. Analysis of gene expression and regulation implicates C2H9orf152 has an important role in calcium metabolism and chicken reproduction. Anim Reprod Sci. 2017;176:1-10 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, C2H9orf152 may have a long-term effect on chicken reproductive system by regulating calcium metabolism, suggesting this gene has an important implication in the improvement of egg production and eggshell quality. ..
- Liao S, Xiao S, Chen H, Zhang M, Chen Z, Long Y, et al. CD38 enhances the proliferation and inhibits the apoptosis of cervical cancer cells by affecting the mitochondria functions. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2245-2257 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that CD38 enhanced the proliferation and inhibited the apoptosis of cervical cancer cells by affecting the mitochondria functions. ..
- Huang J, Zhao L, Yang P, Chen Z, Ruan X, Huang A, et al. Fatty acid translocase promoted hepatitis B virus replication by upregulating the levels of hepatic cytosolic calcium. Exp Cell Res. 2017;358:360-368 pubmed publisher..We identified a novel link between CD36 and HBV replication, which is associated with cytosolic calcium and the Src kinase pathway. CD36 may represent a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of CHB patients with MS. ..
- Zhan Y, Zhang Y, Hou J, Lin G, Yu B. Relation Between Superficial Calcifications and Plaque Rupture: An Optical Coherence Tomography Study. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:991-997 pubmed publisher..Small CAL-DEP in lipid-rich calcified plaques is a morphological characteristic of a vulnerable plaque phenotype. A CAL-DEP ? 63 ?m is the critical depth of calcification for lipid-rich calcified plaque rupture in patients with ACS. ..
- Zhu H, Yang X, Wang L, Zhao D, Chen L. Effects of extracts from sporoderm-broken spores of Ganoderma lucidum on HeLa cells. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2000;16:201-6 pubmed..lucidum spores improves the release of cytotoxic activity and (2) the effective extract might influence the cell cycle and cellular signal transduction by altering the calcium transport system. ..
- Li G, Du X, Siow Y, O K, Tse H, Lau C. Calcium-activated transient outward chloride current and phase 1 repolarization of swine ventricular action potential. Cardiovasc Res. 2003;58:89-98 pubmed..The results indicate that 4-AP-sensitive I(to1) is not expressed, and only Ca(2+)-activated I(to2) is present in pig cardiac cells, which contributes importantly to the phase 1 repolarization of ventricular APs in this species. ..
- Lu J, Zheng Y, Luo L, Wu D, Sun D, Feng Y. Quercetin reverses D-galactose induced neurotoxicity in mouse brain. Behav Brain Res. 2006;171:251-60 pubmed..We found that quercetin dramatically elevated the GAP43 mRNA expression in the brain of D-gal-treated mice to regenerate normal function of neurons against the cellular injury caused by D-gal. ..
- Chao L, Bofu P, Weiqian C, Yun L, Hao H, Liang C, et al. Influences of calcium deficiency and cerium on growth of spinach plants. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2008;121:266-75 pubmed..This is viewed as evidence that cerium added to calcium-deficient media in the spinach plants could substitute for calcium and improve spinach growth. ..
- Zhang H, Inoue R, Shi J, Jin X, Li Y. Synergistic actions of diacylglycerol and inositol 1,4,5 trisphosphate for Ca2+-dependent inactivation of TRPC7 channel. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2008;29:90-7 pubmed..The present results suggest that Ca2+ entry via the activated TRPC7 channel plays a critical role in inactivating the channel where the cooperative actions of DAG and IP3 are essentially involved. ..
- Zhang Z, Li B, Shi Y, Tong J. [The effects of serum calcium and 1 alpha hydroxylase on the expression of 24-hydroxylase gene]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2006;22:339-42 pubmed..There are no direct interaction between 1 alpha-hydroxylase gene and 24-hydroxylase gene. ..