Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on breast neoplasms in Italy
Topic: breast neoplasms
Publications613 found, 100 shown here
- Bajetta E, Vercammen E, Reinhardt U, Janmohamed R, da Costa R, Matulonis U, et al. Efficacy of epoetin alfa in a retrospective non-stratified subgroup analysis of a breast cancer cohort receiving non-platinum chemotherapy. Tumori. 2004;90:449-57 pubmed..Epoetin alfa treatment in patients with a variety of malignancies has been shown to decrease transfusion requirements and improve hemoglobin levels and quality-of-life efficacy parameters...
- Cortesi L, Chiuri V, Ruscelli S, Bellelli V, Negri R, Rashid I, et al. Prognosis of screen-detected breast cancers: results of a population based study. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:17 pubmed..Finally, a cancer registry should be implemented in every area covered by screening programs. ..
- Maggioni F, Palmieri A, Tropea M, Zanchin G. Influence of physiologic hormonal modification and of hormonal treatment in a patient with a history of migraine with aura. J Headache Pain. 2008;9:129-31 pubmed publisher..We highlight the importance of physiological hormonal modification and hormonal therapies on the course of MA. ..
- Adorno M, Cordenonsi M, Montagner M, Dupont S, Wong C, Hann B, et al. A Mutant-p53/Smad complex opposes p63 to empower TGFbeta-induced metastasis. Cell. 2009;137:87-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, two common oncogenic lesions, mutant-p53 and Ras, selected in early neoplasms to promote growth and survival, also prefigure a cellular set-up with particular metastasis proclivity by TGFbeta-dependent inhibition of p63 function. ..
- Cosco D, Paolino D, Cilurzo F, Casale F, Fresta M. Gemcitabine and tamoxifen-loaded liposomes as multidrug carriers for the treatment of breast cancer diseases. Int J Pharm. 2012;422:229-37 pubmed publisher..The CLSM experiments showed a great degree of cell interaction of liposomal MDC after just 6h. ..
- Testori A, Meroni S, Moscovici O, Magnoni P, Malerba P, Chiti A, et al. Surgical sentinel lymph node biopsy in early breast cancer. Could it be avoided by performing a preoperative staging procedure? A pilot study. Med Sci Monit. 2012;18:CR543-9 pubmed..The aim of this pilot trial was to study the feasibility of sentinel node percutaneous preoperative gamma probe-guided biopsy as a valid preoperative method of assessment of nodal status compared to surgical sentinel lymph node biopsy...
- Viale G, Regan M, Maiorano E, Mastropasqua M, Golouh R, Perin T, et al. Chemoendocrine compared with endocrine adjuvant therapies for node-negative breast cancer: predictive value of centrally reviewed expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors--International Breast Cancer Study Group. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:1404-10 pubmed publisher..Low levels of ER and PgR are predictive of the benefit of adding chemotherapy to endocrine therapy. Low PgR may add further prediction among pre- and perimenopausal but not postmenopausal patients whose tumors express ER. ..
- Spitaleri G, Toesca A, Botteri E, Bottiglieri L, Rotmensz N, Boselli S, et al. Breast phyllodes tumor: a review of literature and a single center retrospective series analysis. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2013;88:427-36 pubmed publisher..We carried out an overview of the literature to investigate the clinical outcome of patients with phyllodes tumor. A retrospective analysis of mono-institutional series has been included as well...
- Lambertini M, Santoro L, Del Mastro L, Nguyen B, Livraghi L, Ugolini D, et al. Reproductive behaviors and risk of developing breast cancer according to tumor subtype: A systematic review and meta-analysis of epidemiological studies. Cancer Treat Rev. 2016;49:65-76 pubmed publisher..77; 95% CI, 0.66-0.88; p=0.003) and triple-negative (pOR 0.79, 95% CI, 0.66-0.94; p=0.01) subtypes. The reproductive behaviors impact the risk of developing breast cancer but this varies according to subtype. ..
- Corsetti V, Ferrari A, Ghirardi M, Bergonzini R, Bellarosa S, Angelini O, et al. Role of ultrasonography in detecting mammographically occult breast carcinoma in women with dense breasts. Radiol Med. 2006;111:440-8 pubmed..The evidence is insufficient to recommend this policy in routine screening practice but suggests that, at least in current clinical practice, adding ultrasonography in dense breasts may be useful despite the substantial costs. ..
- Sanguinetti A, Bistoni G, Avenia N. Stem cells and breast cancer, where we are? A concise review of literature. G Chir. 2011;32:438-46 pubmed..Here is a review of the literature on embryogenesis of the breast, endocrine system interactions Delna the proper development and functioning of the various cell lines and to the importance of cancer stem cells. ..
- Costantini R, Sardellone A, Marino C, Giamberardino M, Innocenti P, Napolitano A. Vacuum-assisted core biopsy (Mammotome) for the diagnosis of non-palpable breast lesions: four-year experience in an Italian center. Tumori. 2005;91:351-4 pubmed..This study reports the four-year experience of an Italian surgical center in the evaluation of the diagnostic effectiveness versus adverse effects of vacuum-assisted core biopsy (Mammotome)...
- Cassano E, Urban L, Pizzamiglio M, Abbate F, Maisonneuve P, Renne G, et al. Ultrasound-guided vacuum-assisted core breast biopsy: experience with 406 cases. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007;102:103-10 pubmed..US-guided VABB is an accurate and safe procedure. The main indication is the non-palpable suspicious breast lesions (category 4). This new technique could be a good alternative for percutaneous and surgery biopsy. ..
- Paganelli G, Ferrari M, Cremonesi M, De Cicco C, Galimberti V, Luini A, et al. IART: intraoperative avidination for radionuclide treatment. A new way of partial breast irradiation. Breast. 2007;16:17-26 pubmed..7 GBq 90Y-biotin (100mCi). A further large clinical trial facing IART in combination with reduced external-beam radiotherapy is, in our opinion, fully justified. ..
- Viale G, Giobbie Hurder A, Regan M, Coates A, Mastropasqua M, Dell Orto P, et al. Prognostic and predictive value of centrally reviewed Ki-67 labeling index in postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive breast cancer: results from Breast International Group Trial 1-98 comparing adjuvant tamoxifen with letrozole. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:5569-75 pubmed publisher..81; 95% CI, 0.57 to 1.15; interaction P = .09). Ki-67 LI is confirmed as a prognostic factor in this study. High Ki-67 LI levels may identify a patient group that particularly benefits from initial Let adjuvant therapy. ..
- Corsetto P, Montorfano G, Zava S, Jovenitti I, Cremona A, Berra B, et al. Effects of n-3 PUFAs on breast cancer cells through their incorporation in plasma membrane. Lipids Health Dis. 2011;10:73 pubmed publisher..This paper underlines the importance of nutritional factors on health maintenance and on disease prevention. ..
- Houssami N, Macaskill P, Bernardi D, Caumo F, Pellegrini M, Brunelli S, et al. Breast screening using 2D-mammography or integrating digital breast tomosynthesis (3D-mammography) for single-reading or double-reading--evidence to guide future screening strategies. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1799-1807 pubmed publisher
- Zhao Z, Wen W, Michailidou K, Bolla M, Wang Q, Zhang B, et al. Association of genetic susceptibility variants for type 2 diabetes with breast cancer risk in women of European ancestry. Cancer Causes Control. 2016;27:679-93 pubmed publisher..95-0.99, p = 8.05E-04). We have shown that several genetic risk variants were associated with the risk of both T2D and breast cancer. However, overall genetic susceptibility to T2D may not be related to breast cancer risk. ..
- Cameron D, Piccart Gebhart M, Gelber R, Procter M, Goldhirsch A, de Azambuja E, et al. 11 years' follow-up of trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive early breast cancer: final analysis of the HERceptin Adjuvant (HERA) trial. Lancet. 2017;389:1195-1205 pubmed publisher..2 years of trastuzumab had no additional benefit. F Hoffmann-La Roche (Roche). ..
- Puglisi F, Barbone F, Tell G, Aprile G, Pertoldi B, Raiti C, et al. Prognostic role of Ape/Ref-1 subcellular expression in stage I-III breast carcinomas. Oncol Rep. 2002;9:11-7 pubmed..014) and Cox proportional hazard model analysis identified APE/Ref-1 as an independent prognostic factor. The results suggest that subcellular localisation of APE/Ref-1 may influence the aggressiveness of breast carcinomas. ..
- Vadalà R, Polito R, Fiorucci C, Costantini M, Romani M, Belli P. A case of primary breast lymphoma. Rays. 2005;30:233-7 pubmed..Morphological and dynamic characteristics could be indicative of an expansive/infiltrating lesion of the breast and support the staging. The histological examination established the diagnosis of primary breast lymphoma. ..
- Paganelli G, Ferrari M, Ravasi L, Cremonesi M, De Cicco C, Galimberti V, et al. Intraoperative avidination for radionuclide therapy: a prospective new development to accelerate radiotherapy in breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:5646s-5651s pubmed..Our preliminary results suggest that Intraoperative Avidination for Radionuclide Therapy is a simple and feasible procedure that may improve breast cancer patients' postsurgical management by shortening radiotherapy duration. ..
- Boracchi P, Coradini D, Antolini S, Oriana S, Dittadi R, Gion M, et al. A prediction model for breast cancer recurrence after adjuvant hormone therapy. Int J Biol Markers. 2008;23:199-206 pubmed
- Iodice S, Barile M, Rotmensz N, Feroce I, Bonanni B, Radice P, et al. Oral contraceptive use and breast or ovarian cancer risk in BRCA1/2 carriers: a meta-analysis. Eur J Cancer. 2010;46:2275-84 pubmed publisher..17; 95% 0.74, 1.86). OC users carrying an ascertained BRCA1/2 mutation have a reduced risk of ovarian cancer, proportional to the duration of use. There is no evidence that recent OC formulations increase breast cancer risk in carriers. ..
- Martello G, Rosato A, Ferrari F, Manfrin A, Cordenonsi M, Dupont S, et al. A MicroRNA targeting dicer for metastasis control. Cell. 2010;141:1195-207 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a new pathway by which Dicer inhibition drifts epithelial cancer toward a less-differentiated, mesenchymal fate to foster metastasis. ..
- Amadori D, Aglietta M, Alessi B, Gianni L, Ibrahim T, Farina G, et al. Efficacy and safety of 12-weekly versus 4-weekly zoledronic acid for prolonged treatment of patients with bone metastases from breast cancer (ZOOM): a phase 3, open-label, randomised, non-inferiority trial. Lancet Oncol. 2013;14:663-70 pubmed publisher..However, the effects on N-terminal telopeptide should be investigated further before changing current practice. Novartis Farma. ..
- La Vecchia C. Epidemiology of ovarian cancer: a summary review. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2001;10:125-9 pubmed..Most ovarian cancers are therefore environmental in origin and consequently, at least in principle, avoidable. ..
- Mannello F, Sebastiani M. Zymographic analyses and measurement of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -9 in nipple aspirate fluids. Clin Chem. 2003;49:1546-50 pubmed
- Guerrieri Gonzaga A, Robertson C, Bonanni B, Serrano D, Cazzaniga M, Mora S, et al. Preliminary results on safety and activity of a randomized, double-blind, 2 x 2 trial of low-dose tamoxifen and fenretinide for breast cancer prevention in premenopausal women. J Clin Oncol. 2006;24:129-35 pubmed..The combination of low-dose tamoxifen and fenretinide is safe but not synergistic in lowering IGF-I levels in premenopausal women. The clinical implications require further follow-up. ..
- Burrai G, Mohammed S, Miller M, Marras V, Pirino S, Addis M, et al. Spontaneous feline mammary intraepithelial lesions as a model for human estrogen receptor- and progesterone receptor-negative breast lesions. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:156 pubmed publisher..The remarkable similarity of feline mammary IELs to those of humans, with the tendency to lose hormone receptor expression in atypical IELs, supports the cat as a possible model to study ER- and PR-negative breast lesions. ..
- Lappano R, Recchia A, De Francesco E, Angelone T, Cerra M, Picard D, et al. The cholesterol metabolite 25-hydroxycholesterol activates estrogen receptor ?-mediated signaling in cancer cells and in cardiomyocytes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16631 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the estrogen-like activity of 25 HC elicited in the cardiovascular system may play a role against hypoxic environments. ..
- Ibrahim T, Sacanna E, Gaudio M, Mercatali L, Scarpi E, Zoli W, et al. Role of RANK, RANKL, OPG, and CXCR4 tissue markers in predicting bone metastases in breast cancer patients. Clin Breast Cancer. 2011;11:369-75 pubmed publisher..008) or in combination with RANK (P < .001), identified patients destined to relapse to bone. Our results provide the first clinical evidence to support a pivotal role of combined CXCR4 and RANK expression in predicting bone relapse. ..
- Bisaro B, Sciortino M, Colombo S, Camacho Leal M, Costamagna A, Castellano I, et al. p130Cas scaffold protein regulates ErbB2 stability by altering breast cancer cell sensitivity to autophagy. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4442-53 pubmed publisher..Consistently, in human ErbB2 positive breast cancers that develop resistance to trastuzumab, p130Cas expression is significantly increased suggesting that elevated levels of p130Cas can be involved in trastuzumab resistance. ..
- La Rosa S, Sessa F, Colombo L, Tibiletti M, Furlan D, Capella C. Expression of acidic fibroblast growth factor (aFGF) and fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 (FGFR4) in breast fibroadenomas. J Clin Pathol. 2001;54:37-41 pubmed..These results suggest a paracrine/autocrine modulation of epithelial and stromal cells of fibroadenomas through an aFGF-FGFR4 interaction. This interaction might regulate various cell functions and the growth of fibroadenomas. ..
- D Amico D, Parimbelli P, Ruffolo C. Antibiotic prophylaxis in clean surgery: breast surgery and hernia repair. J Chemother. 2001;13 Spec No 1:108-11 pubmed..This procedure is certainly inexpensive and safe and, more importantly, probably does not have an impact on antibiotic resistance. ..
- Spinelli L, Torricelli A, Pifferi A, Taroni P, Danesini G, Cubeddu R. Characterization of female breast lesions from multi-wavelength time-resolved optical mammography. Phys Med Biol. 2005;50:2489-502 pubmed..For fibroadenomas, the low number of cases does not allow any definite conclusions...
- Trere D, Montanaro L, Ceccarelli C, Barbieri S, Cavrini G, Santini D, et al. Prognostic relevance of a novel semiquantitative classification of Bcl2 immunohistochemical expression in human infiltrating ductal carcinomas of the breast. Ann Oncol. 2007;18:1004-14 pubmed..Our results demonstrated that in breast cancer, Bcl2 protein expression parallels its mRNA level, and it has a highly significant and independent prognostic relevance. ..
- Martelli G, Miceli R, Daidone M, Vetrella G, Cerrotta A, Piromalli D, et al. Axillary dissection versus no axillary dissection in elderly patients with breast cancer and no palpable axillary nodes: results after 15 years of follow-up. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:125-33 pubmed publisher..Axillary dissection should be restricted to the small number of patients who later develop overt axillary disease. ..
- Canavese G, Dozin B, Vecchio C, Tomei D, Villa G, Carli F, et al. Accuracy of sentinel lymph node biopsy after neo-adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with locally advanced breast cancer and clinically positive axillary nodes. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2011;37:688-94 pubmed publisher..SLNB after NAC is safe and feasible in patients with locally advanced breast cancer and clinically positive nodes, and accurately predicts the status of the axilla. ..
- Pignataro L, Peri A, Ottaviani F. Breast carcinoma metastatic to the ethmoid sinus: a case report. Tumori. 2001;87:455-7 pubmed..Symptoms and imaging results are not specific and usually similar to those of primary neoplasms in this region. This case underlines the importance of suspecting a metastasis in patients with a history of malignancy...
- Marchini C, Montani M, Konstantinidou G, Orrù R, Mannucci S, Ramadori G, et al. Mesenchymal/stromal gene expression signature relates to basal-like breast cancers, identifies bone metastasis and predicts resistance to therapies. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14131 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that mesenchymalization is an intrinsic property of the most aggressive tumors and it relates to therapy resistance as well as bone metastasis. ..
- Vivacqua A, Romeo E, De Marco P, De Francesco E, Abonante S, Maggiolini M. GPER mediates the Egr-1 expression induced by 17?-estradiol and 4-hydroxitamoxifen in breast and endometrial cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;133:1025-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Egr-1 may be included among the bio-markers of estrogen and antiestrogen actions and may be considered as a further therapeutic target in both breast and endometrial tumors. ..
- Aurilio G, Disalvatore D, Pruneri G, Bagnardi V, Viale G, Curigliano G, et al. A meta-analysis of oestrogen receptor, progesterone receptor and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 discordance between primary breast cancer and metastases. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:277-89 pubmed publisher..0004). Our findings strengthen the concept that changes in receptor expression may occur during the natural history of breast cancer, suggesting clinical implications and a possible impact on treatment choice. ..
- De Cicco C, Pizzamiglio M, Trifiro G, Luini A, Ferrari M, Prisco G, et al. Radioguided occult lesion localisation (ROLL) and surgical biopsy in breast cancer. Technical aspects. Q J Nucl Med. 2002;46:145-51 pubmed..4%) benign lesions and 407 (52.6%) cancers. The cancers were treated by conservative breast surgery in 99.5% of cases. We concluded that ROLL enables the surgeon to remove occult breast lesions easily and reliably. ..
- Canadè A, Costantini A, Reale F, Campioni P, Marano P. Reasoned approach to multiple osteosclerotic lesions. Combined diagnostic imaging in a case of osteopoikilosis. Rays. 2005;30:273-7 pubmed..The differential range could be limited to osteoblastic metastasis and osteopoikilosis. The diagnosis of osteopoikilosis was established based on scintigraphy which proved the absence of uptake of the radiotracer...
- Gargano G, Agnese V, Calò V, Corsale S, Augello C, Bruno L, et al. Detection and quantification of mammaglobin in the blood of breast cancer patients: can it be useful as a potential clinical marker? Preliminary results of a GOIM (Gruppo Oncologico dell'Italia Meridionale) prospective study. Ann Oncol. 2006;17 Suppl 7:vii41-5 pubmed..MGB1 overexpression by itself or in combination with Ki67 might be considered an index of BC progression. ..
- Canavese G, Bernardi A, Candelaresi G, Lovadina P, Amerio S, Rossetti V, et al. Expression of the E-cadherin-catenins complex in sentinel node is related to tumor morphology but not to spread to nonsentinel nodes. Pathol Res Pract. 2007;203:517-23 pubmed..Moreover, considering traditional histopathologic parameters, only vascular peritumoral embolization was related to an increased risk of metastatic spread to axillary NSNs. ..
- Gianni L, Pienkowski T, Im Y, Roman L, Tseng L, Liu M, et al. Efficacy and safety of neoadjuvant pertuzumab and trastuzumab in women with locally advanced, inflammatory, or early HER2-positive breast cancer (NeoSphere): a randomised multicentre, open-label, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2012;13:25-32 pubmed publisher..These findings justify further exploration in adjuvant trials and support the neoadjuvant approach for accelerating drug assessment in early breast cancer. F Hoffmann-La Roche. ..
- Moja L, Tagliabue L, Balduzzi S, Parmelli E, Pistotti V, Guarneri V, et al. Trastuzumab containing regimens for early breast cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;:CD006243 pubmed publisher..Shorter duration of therapy may reduce cardiotoxicity and maintain efficacy, however there is insufficient evidence at present to conclude this due to small numbers of patients in these trials. ..
- Paluch Shimon S, Pagani O, Partridge A, Bar Meir E, Fallowfield L, Fenlon D, et al. Second international consensus guidelines for breast cancer in young women (BCY2). Breast. 2016;26:87-99 pubmed publisher..This manuscript summarizes these international consensus recommendations, which are also endorsed by the European Society of Breast Specialists (EUSOMA). ..
- Gion M, Boracchi P, Dittadi R, Biganzoli E, Peloso L, Gatti C, et al. Quantitative measurement of soluble cytokeratin fragments in tissue cytosol of 599 node negative breast cancer patients: a prognostic marker possibly associated with apoptosis. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2000;59:211-21 pubmed
- Dentelli P, Rosso A, Calvi C, Ghiringhello B, Garbarino G, Camussi G, et al. IL-3 affects endothelial cell-mediated smooth muscle cell recruitment by increasing TGF beta activity: potential role in tumor vessel stabilization. Oncogene. 2004;23:1681-92 pubmed..Thus, the positive immunostaining for IL-3 by TILs in 'in situ' breast cancers sustains the possibility that early in tumor development, IL-3 can contribute to the chronic immaturity of these vessels. ..
- Pfeffer U, Fecarotta E, Castagnetta L, Vidali G. Estrogen receptor variant messenger RNA lacking exon 4 in estrogen-responsive human breast cancer cell lines. Cancer Res. 1993;53:741-3 pubmed..The variant protein is expected to lack most of the hinge domain and part of the hormone binding domain, and it might have a cellular distribution and estrogen-binding affinity different from that of the normal receptor protein. ..
- Lorusso V, Mancarella S, Catino A, Brandi M, Paradiso A, Latorre A, et al. Mitoxantrone, L-leucovorin and 5-fluorouracil: an effective and well tolerated first-line treatment for advanced breast cancer. Tumori. 1999;85:60-4 pubmed..The aim of this study was to evaluate the activity of this combination in patients not previously submitted to chemotherapy...
- Decensi A, Robertson C, Viale G, Pigatto F, Johansson H, Kisanga E, et al. A randomized trial of low-dose tamoxifen on breast cancer proliferation and blood estrogenic biomarkers. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003;95:779-90 pubmed..The effects of lower doses of tamoxifen should be assessed further in randomized trials. ..
- Fidanzio A, Greco F, Mameli A, Azario L, Balducci M, Gambacorta M, et al. Breast in vivo dosimetry by EPID. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2010;11:3275 pubmed..In particular, the results have shown an accuracy within ± 3% for the dose profile reconstructed in the breast (excluding the interface regions) and an underestimation of the lung dose. ..
- Papi A, Guarnieri T, Storci G, Santini D, Ceccarelli C, Taffurelli M, et al. Nuclear receptors agonists exert opposing effects on the inflammation dependent survival of breast cancer stem cells. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1208-19 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that nuclear receptors agonists (6-OH-11-O-hydroxyphenanthrene, RA, PGZ) reduce the inflammation dependent survival of breast CSCs and that PPAR? agonist Wy14643 exerts opposite effects on this phenotype. ..
- Ballardini B, Santoro L, Sangalli C, Gentilini O, Renne G, Lissidini G, et al. The indocyanine green method is equivalent to the ??mTc-labeled radiotracer method for identifying the sentinel node in breast cancer: a concordance and validation study. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2013;39:1332-6 pubmed publisher..5%) SNs. The ICG method detected 99.6% of all SNs. Fluorescent lymphangiography with ICG allows easy identification of axillary SNs, at a frequency not inferior to that of radiotracer, and can be used alone to reliably identify SNs. ..
- Agresti R, Martelli G, Sandri M, Tagliabue E, Carcangiu M, Maugeri I, et al. Axillary lymph node dissection versus no dissection in patients with T1N0 breast cancer: a randomized clinical trial (INT09/98). Cancer. 2014;120:885-93 pubmed publisher..The biological characteristics of the primary tumor appear adequate for guiding adjuvant treatment. ..
- Marastoni S, Andreuzzi E, Paulitti A, Colladel R, Pellicani R, Todaro F, et al. EMILIN2 down-modulates the Wnt signalling pathway and suppresses breast cancer cell growth and migration. J Pathol. 2014;232:391-404 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these findings provide further evidence of the complex regulations governed by EMILIN2 in the tumour microenvironment, and they identify a key extracellular regulator of the Wnt signalling pathway. ..
- Gianni L, Eiermann W, Semiglazov V, Lluch A, Tjulandin S, Zambetti M, et al. Neoadjuvant and adjuvant trastuzumab in patients with HER2-positive locally advanced breast cancer (NOAH): follow-up of a randomised controlled superiority trial with a parallel HER2-negative cohort. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:640-7 pubmed publisher
- Garcia Etienne C, Barile M, Gentilini O, Botteri E, Rotmensz N, Sagona A, et al. Breast-conserving surgery in BRCA1/2 mutation carriers: are we approaching an answer?. Ann Surg Oncol. 2009;16:3380-7 pubmed publisher..These risks and the likelihood of developing new primary tumors should be discussed with carriers interested in breast conservation as well as when choosing risk-reducing strategies. ..
- Villa A, Tagliafico A, Chiesa F, Chiaramondia M, Friedman D, Calabrese M. Atypical ductal hyperplasia diagnosed at 11-gauge vacuum-assisted breast biopsy performed on suspicious clustered microcalcifications: could patients without residual microcalcifications be managed conservatively?. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011;197:1012-8 pubmed publisher..6% (1/61). Patients without residual microcalcifications after vacuum-assisted breast biopsy could possibly be managed in a conservative way with mammographic follow-up. ..
- Sandri M, Salvatici M, Botteri E, Passerini R, Zorzino L, Rotmensz N, et al. Prognostic role of CA15.3 in 7942 patients with operable breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;132:317-26 pubmed publisher..3 value is an independent prognostic factor for metastases and deaths. CA15.3 provides additional information to the common prognostic factors and should be considered in the adjuvant therapeutic algorithm. ..
- Arco A, Favaloro A, Gioffrè M, Santoro G, Speciale F, Vermiglio G, et al. Sarcoglycans in the normal and pathological breast tissue of humans: an immunohistochemical and molecular study. Cells Tissues Organs. 2012;195:550-62 pubmed publisher..Consequently, sarcoglycans could play an important and intriguing role in many breast diseases and in particular in tumor progression from benign to malignant. ..
- Leonardi M, Ivaldi G, Santoro L, Lazzari R, Ferrari A, Morra A, et al. Long-term side effects and cosmetic outcome in a pool of breast cancer patients treated with intraoperative radiotherapy with electrons as sole treatment. Tumori. 2012;98:324-30 pubmed publisher..3% of the cases, respectively. Patient satisfaction was higher than 90%. In the study, ELIOT gives low and acceptable long-term toxicity. A longer follow-up and a larger number of patients are needed to confirm these promising results. ..
- Alberti S, Ambrogi F, Boracchi P, Fornili M, Querzoli P, Pedriali M, et al. Cytoplasmic Trop-1/Ep-CAM overexpression is associated with a favorable outcome in node-positive breast cancer. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2012;42:1128-37 pubmed publisher..Trop-1/Ep-CAM expression may have different clinical implications according to its subcellular localization. ..
- Previdi S, Scolari F, Chilà R, Ricci F, Abbadessa G, Broggini M. Combination of the c-Met inhibitor tivantinib and zoledronic acid prevents tumor bone engraftment and inhibits progression of established bone metastases in a breast xenograft model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79101 pubmed publisher..The results of this study provide the rationale for the design of new combinatorial strategies with tivantinib and ZA for the treatment of breast cancer bone metastases. ..
- Cignarelli M, Triggiani V, Ciampolillo A, Ambrosi A, Giorgino F, Liso V, et al. High frequency of incidental diagnosis of extrathyroidal neoplastic diseases at the fine-needle aspiration biopsy of laterocervical lymph nodes in patients with thyroid nodules. Thyroid. 2001;11:65-71 pubmed
- Bussolati G, Montemurro F, Righi L, Donadio M, Aglietta M, Sapino A. A modified Trastuzumab antibody for the immunohistochemical detection of HER-2 overexpression in breast cancer. Br J Cancer. 2005;92:1261-7 pubmed..Biotinylated Trastuzumab can thus be used for immunohistochemical detection of HER-2 overexpression in breast cancer, and has the potential to identify patients likely to benefit from Trastuzumab treatment. ..
- Galimberti V, Leonardi M, Rotmensz N, Botteri E, Iodice S, Sagona A, et al. Can axillary and supraclavicular radiotherapy be avoided after breast-conserving surgery and axillary dissection in women with multiple involved axillary nodes? Experience at the European Institute of Oncology. Tumori. 2008;94:52-8 pubmed..We performed a retrospective analysis of patients with 4 or more axillary nodes involved and sufficient follow-up to provide indications as to whether our current treatment is adequate...
- Viale G, Rotmensz N, Maisonneuve P, Bottiglieri L, Montagna E, Luini A, et al. Invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast with the "triple-negative" phenotype: prognostic implications of EGFR immunoreactivity. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2009;116:317-28 pubmed publisher..EGFR immunoreactivity significantly correlates with worse prognosis in patients with triple-negative IDC, supporting further studies on the correlation between the degree of EGFR expression and outcome of triple negative breast cancer. ..
- Azim H, Peccatori F, Liptrott S, Catania C, Goldhirsch A. Breast cancer and pregnancy: how safe is trastuzumab?. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2009;6:367-70 pubmed publisher..Physical examination, pregnancy test, echocardiography. Unintended pregnancy during adjuvant trastuzumab therapy. Cessation of trastuzumab and close monitoring of mother and fetus during pregnancy. ..
- Muscella A, Calabriso N, Vetrugno C, Fanizzi F, De Pascali S, Storelli C, et al. The platinum (II) complex [Pt(O,O'-acac)(?-acac)(DMS)] alters the intracellular calcium homeostasis in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2011;81:91-103 pubmed publisher..These data reinforce the notion that [Pt(O,O'-acac)(?-acac)(DMS)] would be a promising drug in cancer treatment. ..
- Casazza A, Fu X, Johansson I, Capparuccia L, Andersson F, Giustacchini A, et al. Systemic and targeted delivery of semaphorin 3A inhibits tumor angiogenesis and progression in mouse tumor models. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:741-9 pubmed publisher..These data support the rationale for further investigation of SEMA3A as an anticancer molecule. ..
- Nicolini A, Colombini C, Luciani L, Carpi A, Giuliani L. Evaluation of serum CA15-3 determination with CEA and TPA in the post-operative follow-up of breast cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 1991;64:154-8 pubmed..Contemporaneous measurement of serum CEA levels only slightly increases sensitivity and positive predictive value of TPA-CA15-3 combination. ..
- Venturini M, Michelotti A, Del Mastro L, Gallo L, Carnino F, Garrone O, et al. Multicenter randomized controlled clinical trial to evaluate cardioprotection of dexrazoxane versus no cardioprotection in women receiving epirubicin chemotherapy for advanced breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 1996;14:3112-20 pubmed..The clinical use of dexrazoxane should be recommended in patients whose risk of developing cardiotoxicity could hamper the eventual use and possible benefit of epirubicin. ..
- Collecchi P, Passoni A, Rocchetta M, Gnesi E, Baldini E, Bevilacqua G. Cyclin-D1 expression in node-positive (N+) and node-negative (N-) infiltrating human mammary carcinomas. Int J Cancer. 1999;84:139-44 pubmed..However, we cannot exclude that the CD1 may be differently de-regulated in the last phase of tumor progression, and that CD1 over-expression may contribute to the aneuploidy of mammary carcinomas. ..
- Trecate G, Tess J, Vergnaghi D, Bergonzi S, De Simone T, Mariani G, et al. Breast microcalcifications studied with 3D contrast-enhanced high-field magnetic resonance imaging: more accuracy in the diagnosis of breast cancer. Tumori. 2002;88:224-33 pubmed..To evaluate the reliability of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) performed with three-dimensional (3D) sequences in mammographically detected breast microcalcifications...
- Petit J, Veronesi U, Orecchia R, Rey P, Didier F, Giraldo A, et al. The nipple-sparing mastectomy: early results of a feasibility study of a new application of perioperative radiotherapy (ELIOT) in the treatment of breast cancer when mastectomy is indicated. Tumori. 2003;89:288-91 pubmed..The nipple-sparing mastectomy is performed leaving 5 mm of glandular tissue behind the nipple areola complex to preserve its blood supply. The reconstruction is immediately performed with a prosthesis or an autologous flap...
- Perrucci E, Aristei C, De Angelis V, Anselmo P, Mascioni F, Gori S, et al. T1-T2 breast cancer with four or more positive axillary lymph nodes: adjuvant locoregional radiotherapy with high-dose or standard-dose chemotherapy. Results of an observational study. Tumori. 2004;90:379-86 pubmed..The incidence of locoregional relapses and the survival correlated with the number of positive nodes were recorded for each treatment arm...
- Bonin S, Brunetti D, Benedetti E, Gorji N, Stanta G. Expression of cyclin-dependent kinases and CDC25a phosphatase is related with recurrences and survival in women with peri- and post-menopausal breast cancer. Virchows Arch. 2006;448:539-44 pubmed..CDK2, CDK4 and CDC25a can be used as reliable biomarkers to predict prognosis in women with peri- and post-menopausal breast cancer. ..
- Paracchini V, Raimondi S, Gram I, Kang D, Kocabas N, Kristensen V, et al. Meta- and pooled analyses of the cytochrome P-450 1B1 Val432Leu polymorphism and breast cancer: a HuGE-GSEC review. Am J Epidemiol. 2007;165:115-25 pubmed..The observed effect of age on the association in Caucasians indicates that further studies are needed on the role of CYP1B1 Val432Leu in estrogen metabolism according to age, ethnicity, and menopausal status. ..
- Cangi M, Piccinin S, Pecciarini L, Talarico A, Dal Cin E, Grassi S, et al. Constitutive overexpression of CDC25A in primary human mammary epithelial cells results in both defective DNA damage response and chromosomal breaks at fragile sites. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:1466-71 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CDC25A overexpression, pushing the cell through the cell cycle transitions, induces DDR alterations that might enhance genomic instability. ..