Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on bone marrow cells in Sweden
Topic: bone marrow cells
- Mohanram V, Sköld A, Bachle S, Pathak S, Spetz A. IFN-? induces APOBEC3G, F, and A in immature dendritic cells and limits HIV-1 spread to CD4+ T cells. J Immunol. 2013;190:3346-53 pubmed publisher..In addition, the findings highlight the role of IFN-? as a double-edged sword in HIV-1 infection, and we show that IFN-? can be powerful in reducing HIV-1 infection both in MDDCs and T cells. ..
- Ransjö M, Sahli J, Lie A. Expression of connexin 43 mRNA in microisolated murine osteoclasts and regulation of bone resorption in vitro by gap junction inhibitors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:1179-85 pubmed..In conclusion, our data indicate a functional role for gap junction communication in bone resorption. ..
- Lambert H, Hitziger N, Dellacasa I, Svensson M, Barragan A. Induction of dendritic cell migration upon Toxoplasma gondii infection potentiates parasite dissemination. Cell Microbiol. 2006;8:1611-23 pubmed..Altogether, these findings show that Toxoplasma is able to subvert the regulation of host cell motility and likely exploits the host's natural pathways of cellular migration for parasite dissemination. ..
- Björnsson S, Wahlström S, Norström E, Bernevi I, O Neill U, Johansson E, et al. Total nucleated cell differential for blood and bone marrow using a single tube in a five-color flow cytometer. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2008;74:91-103 pubmed..The analytical imprecision of the flow cytometer differential was much lower than that obtained with microscopy or cell counter differentials. ..
- Dzikaite V, Hultcrantz R, Melefors O. The regulatory effect of heme on erythroid aminolevulinate synthase in natural erythroid cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1630:19-24 pubmed..Heme formation seems to be more tightly controlled in the bone marrow (nucleated) cells in order to prevent oxidative cell damage, compared to more differentiated erythroid cells. ..
- Henningsson F, Wolters P, Chapman H, Caughey G, Pejler G. Mast cell cathepsins C and S control levels of carboxypeptidase A and the chymase, mouse mast cell protease 5. Biol Chem. 2003;384:1527-31 pubmed..The present study thus indicates novel roles for cathepsins C and S in regulating the levels of stored proteases in the mast cell secretory granules. ..
- Bloom A, Collins F, van t Hof R, Ryan E, Jones E, Hughes T, et al. Deletion of the membrane complement inhibitor CD59a drives age and gender-dependent alterations to bone phenotype in mice. Bone. 2016;84:253-261 pubmed publisher..These findings increase our understanding of the role of complement regulation in degenerative arthritis. ..
- Mansson R, Tsapogas P, Akerlund M, Lagergren A, Gisler R, Sigvardsson M. Pearson correlation analysis of microarray data allows for the identification of genetic targets for early B-cell factor. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:17905-13 pubmed
- Moverare Skrtic S, Börjesson A, Farman H, Sjögren K, Windahl S, Lagerquist M, et al. The estrogen receptor antagonist ICI 182,780 can act both as an agonist and an inverse agonist when estrogen receptor ? AF-2 is modified. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1180-5 pubmed publisher..We propose that ER? lacking AF-2 is constitutively active in the absence of ligand in the growth plate, enabling ICI to act as an inverse agonist. ..
- Erlandsson L, Akerblad P, Vingsbo Lundberg C, Kallberg E, Lycke N, Leanderson T. Joining chain-expressing and -nonexpressing B cell populations in the mouse. J Exp Med. 2001;194:557-70 pubmed..Finally, limiting dilution analysis of peripheral B cells showed that J chain expression was a clonal property already established in naive, peripheral B lymphocytes. ..
- Djerbi M, Abdul Majid K, Abedi Valugerdi M, Olsson T, Harris R, Grandien A. Expression of the long form of human FLIP by retroviral gene transfer of hemopoietic stem cells exacerbates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2003;170:2064-73 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that death receptor-mediated apoptosis can be important in the pathogenesis of EAE and further emphasize the need for effective apoptotic elimination of inflammatory cells to achieve disease remission. ..
- Lundberg A, Ketelhuth D, Johansson M, Gerdes N, Liu S, Yamamoto M, et al. Toll-like receptor 3 and 4 signalling through the TRIF and TRAM adaptors in haematopoietic cells promotes atherosclerosis. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;99:364-73 pubmed publisher..The identification of these pro-atherogenic pathways downstream of TLR3 and TLR4 contributes to a better understanding of TLRs and their signalling pathways in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. ..
- Bossios A, Sjostrand M, Dahlborn A, Samitas K, Malmhall C, Gaga M, et al. IL-5 expression and release from human CD34 cells in vitro; ex vivo evidence from cases of asthma and Churg-Strauss syndrome. Allergy. 2010;65:831-9 pubmed publisher..Consequently, targeting CD34(+) progenitor cells that produce and release IL-5 may be effective in reducing the mobilization of eosinophil lineage-committed cells in eosinophilic-driven diseases. ..
- Tse K, Kingham P, Novikov L, Wiberg M. Adipose tissue and bone marrow-derived stem cells react similarly in an ischaemia-like microenvironment. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2012;6:473-85 pubmed publisher..Also, the results suggest that ischaemia has a larger impact on the ability of MSCs to survive transplantation than withdrawal of mitogens...
- Dolinska M, Piccini A, Wong W, Gelali E, Johansson A, Klang J, et al. Leukotriene signaling via ALOX5 and cysteinyl leukotriene receptor 1 is dispensable for in vitro growth of CD34+CD38- stem and progenitor cells in chronic myeloid leukemia. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:378-384 pubmed publisher
- Shim G, Warner M, Kim H, Andersson S, Liu L, Ekman J, et al. Aromatase-deficient mice spontaneously develop a lymphoproliferative autoimmune disease resembling Sjogren's syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:12628-33 pubmed..These results reveal that estrogen deficiency results in a lymphoproliferative autoimmune disease resembling SS and suggest that estrogen might have clinical value in the prevention or treatment of this disease. ..
- Olsson I, Pero R, Olofsson T, Bryngelsson C. N-acetoxy-2-acetylaminofluorene induced unscheduled DNA synthesis of granulopoietic precursor cells in chronic myeloid leukemia. Carcinogenesis. 1980;1:547-52 pubmed..Nevertheless these results are consistent with the hypothesis that increases in NA-AAF induced UDS signal the evolution during chronic phase CML of cell populations of increasing malignancy which escape growth control...
- Khan O, Akula M, Skålén K, Karlsson C, Ståhlman M, Young S, et al. Targeting GGTase-I activates RHOA, increases macrophage reverse cholesterol transport, and reduces atherosclerosis in mice. Circulation. 2013;127:782-90 pubmed publisher..Targeting GGTase-I activates RHOA and leads to increased macrophage reverse cholesterol transport and reduced atherosclerosis development despite a significant increase in inflammation. ..
- Qian H, Le Blanc K, Sigvardsson M. Primary mesenchymal stem and progenitor cells from bone marrow lack expression of CD44 protein. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:25795-807 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that bone marrow MSCs physiologically lack expression of CD44, highlighting the natural phenotype of MSCs and opening new possibilities to prospectively isolate MSCs from the bone marrow. ..
- Islander U, Erlandsson M, Hassèus B, Jonsson C, Ohlsson C, Gustafsson J, et al. Influence of oestrogen receptor alpha and beta on the immune system in aged female mice. Immunology. 2003;110:149-57 pubmed..Results from this study provide valuable information regarding the specific functions of ER-alpha and ER-beta in the aged immune system. ..
- Engdahl C, Jochems C, Windahl S, Börjesson A, Ohlsson C, Carlsten H, et al. Amelioration of collagen-induced arthritis and immune-associated bone loss through signaling via estrogen receptor alpha, and not estrogen receptor beta or G protein-coupled receptor 30. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:524-33 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to elucidate the ER specificity for the ameliorating effects of estrogen on arthritis and bone loss in a model of postmenopausal rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Rönnberg E, Guss B, Pejler G. Infection of mast cells with live streptococci causes a toll-like receptor 2- and cell-cell contact-dependent cytokine and chemokine response. Infect Immun. 2010;78:854-64 pubmed publisher..Together, the present study outlines MC-dependent molecular events associated with Gram-positive infection and thus provides an advancement in our understanding of how MCs may contribute to host defense toward bacterial insults. ..
- Rehnberg M, Amu S, Tarkowski A, Bokarewa M, Brisslert M. Short- and long-term effects of anti-CD20 treatment on B cell ontogeny in bone marrow of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R123 pubmed publisher..This reduction of CD27+ B cells does not prevent autoantibody production suggesting that mechanisms regulating the formation of auto reactive clones are not disrupted by rituximab. ..
- Lagergren A, Mansson R, Zetterblad J, Smith E, Basta B, Bryder D, et al. The Cxcl12, periostin, and Ccl9 genes are direct targets for early B-cell factor in OP-9 stroma cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:14454-62 pubmed..These data suggest that EBF proteins might have dual roles in hematopoiesis acting both as intrinsic regulators of B-lymphopoiesis and as regulators of genes in bone marrow stroma cells. ..
- Flygare J, Aspesi A, Bailey J, Miyake K, Caffrey J, Karlsson S, et al. Human RPS19, the gene mutated in Diamond-Blackfan anemia, encodes a ribosomal protein required for the maturation of 40S ribosomal subunits. Blood. 2007;109:980-6 pubmed..This defect was observed to a lesser extent in CD34+ cells from patients with DBA who have mutations in RPS19. ..
- Martensson A, Argon Y, Melchers F, Dul J, Mårtensson I. Partial block in B lymphocyte development at the transition into the pre-B cell receptor stage in Vpre-B1-deficient mice. Int Immunol. 1999;11:453-60 pubmed..These results demonstrate that VpreB2 alone is capable of supporting B lymphocyte development in the bone marrow and can give rise to immuno-competent cells in the periphery. ..
- Sitkauskiene B, Radinger M, Bossios A, Johansson A, Sakalauskas R, Lotvall J. Airway allergen exposure stimulates bone marrow eosinophilia partly via IL-9. Respir Res. 2005;6:33 pubmed..However, in response to allergen, bone marrow cells over-express IL-9. This data suggest that IL-9 may participate in the regulation of granulocytopoiesis in allergic inflammation. ..
- Alhashimi N, Frithiof L, Brudvik P, Bakhiet M. CD40-CD40L expression during orthodontic tooth movement in rats. Angle Orthod. 2004;74:100-5 pubmed..In addition, this may lead to the generation of anti-inflammatory mediators that support defense mechanisms against root resorption, which depend on the type of immune response that is induced regarding CD40-CD40L expression. ..
- Lennartsson A, Pieters K, Vidovic K, Gullberg U. A murine antibacterial ortholog to human bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI) is expressed in testis, epididymis, and bone marrow. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:369-77 pubmed..In conclusion, it was demonstrated that mouse neutrophils store BPI with antibacterial activity and that murine BPI is also expressed in testis and epididymis. ..