Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on bone marrow cells in Australia
Topic: bone marrow cells
- Perkins A, Cory S. Conditional immortalization of mouse myelomonocytic, megakaryocytic and mast cell progenitors by the Hox-2.4 homeobox gene. EMBO J. 1993;12:3835-46 pubmed..Thus ectopic expression of Hox-2.4 enhances self-renewal of immature myeloid progenitors and progression to a fully malignant state is favoured by somatic mutations conferring autocrine production of IL-3. ..
- Gronthos S, McCarty R, Mrozik K, Fitter S, Paton S, Menicanin D, et al. Heat shock protein-90 beta is expressed at the surface of multipotential mesenchymal precursor cells: generation of a novel monoclonal antibody, STRO-4, with specificity for mesenchymal precursor cells from human and ovine tissues. Stem Cells Dev. 2009;18:1253-62 pubmed publisher..In addition to identifying an antibody reagent that identifies a highly conserved epitope expressed by MSCs from different species, our study also points to a potential role for Hsp90beta in MSC biology. ..
- Ludlow L, Purton L, Klarmann K, Gough D, Hii L, Trapani J, et al. The role of p202 in regulating hematopoietic cell proliferation and differentiation. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2008;28:5-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, p202 plays a role in regulating the proliferative capacity of hematopoietic cells. ..
- Tallack M, Perkins A. Megakaryocyte-erythroid lineage promiscuity in EKLF null mouse blood. Haematologica. 2010;95:144-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude the megakaryocyte program is aberrantly activated in EKLF null erythroid cells. ..
- Lattin J, Greenwood K, Daly N, Kelly G, Zidar D, Clark R, et al. Beta-arrestin 2 is required for complement C1q expression in macrophages and constrains factor-independent survival. Mol Immunol. 2009;47:340-7 pubmed publisher..Given that loss of C1q function is strongly associated with the development of systemic lupus erythematosus, ARRB2 may act to limit the development of autoimmune disease. ..
- Gaundar S, Bradstock K, Bendall L. p38MAPK inhibitors attenuate cytokine production by bone marrow stromal cells and reduce stroma-mediated proliferation of acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:2975-83 pubmed..These findings suggest that inhibition of p38(MAPK) may provide a useful adjunct to current treatment strategies by retarding ALL cell growth. ..
- Chung R, Foster B, Zannettino A, Xian C. Potential roles of growth factor PDGF-BB in the bony repair of injured growth plate. Bone. 2009;44:878-85 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PDGF-BB contributes to growth plate injury repair by promoting mesenchymal progenitor cell infiltration, the chondrogenic and osteogenic responses, and remodelling of the repair tissues. ..
- Juarez J, Baraz R, Gaundar S, Bradstock K, Bendall L. Interaction of interleukin-7 and interleukin-3 with the CXCL12-induced proliferation of B-cell progenitor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Haematologica. 2007;92:450-9 pubmed
- Hamilton J, Anderson G. GM-CSF Biology. Growth Factors. 2004;22:225-31 pubmed..g. as an adjuvant, and also includes those observed in depletion studies, e.g. during inflammatory reactions where GM-CSF can be shown to have a proinflammatory action. ..
- Zhou W, Zhao Q, Sutton R, Cumming H, Wang X, Cerruti L, et al. The role of p22 NF-E4 in human globin gene switching. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:26227-32 pubmed..These findings indicate that p22 NF-E4 is capable of influencing human globin gene expression in vivo but is incapable of overriding the intrinsic mechanisms governing gamma-gene silencing in this context. ..
- Thomas G, Costelloe E, Lunn D, Stacey K, Delaney S, Passey R, et al. G551D cystic fibrosis mice exhibit abnormal regulation of inflammation in lungs and macrophages. J Immunol. 2000;164:3870-7 pubmed..These results provide evidence that the pathology of CF relates to abnormal regulation of the immune system. ..