Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on biological transport in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: biological transport
Publications651 found, 100 shown here
- Karlin Mcginness M, Serano T, Cohen R. Comparative analysis of the kinetics and dynamics of K10, bicoid, and oskar mRNA localization in the Drosophila oocyte. Dev Genet. 1996;19:238-48 pubmed
- Seward D, Koh A, Boyer J, Ballatori N. Functional complementation between a novel mammalian polygenic transport complex and an evolutionarily ancient organic solute transporter, OSTalpha-OSTbeta. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27473-82 pubmed..Interestingly, OSTalpha and OSTbeta mRNAs were highly expressed and widely distributed in human tissues, with the highest levels occurring in the testis, colon, liver, small intestine, kidney, ovary, and adrenal gland. ..
- P lissier H, Frerich A, Desimone M, Schumacher K, Tegeder M. PvUPS1, an allantoin transporter in nodulated roots of French bean. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:664-75 pubmed publisher..These results strengthen our prediction that in bean nodules, PvUPS1 is involved in delivery of allantoin to the vascular bundle and loading into the nodule phloem...
- Newberry K, Brennan R. The structural mechanism for transcription activation by MerR family member multidrug transporter activation, N terminus. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20356-62 pubmed..Analysis of the structures of BmrR, CueR, and ZntR indicates that this hinge may be common to all MerR family members. ..
- Liao X, Thrasher J, Holzbeierlein J, Stanley S, Li B. Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta activity is required for androgen-stimulated gene expression in prostate cancer. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2941-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that GSK-3beta activity is required for androgen-stimulated gene expression in prostate cancer cells. ..
- Moore J, Schindler D, Carter J, Fox J, Griffiths J, Holtgrieve G. Biotic control of stream fluxes: spawning salmon drive nutrient and matter export. Ecology. 2007;88:1278-91 pubmed
- Biswas K, Woodards N, Xu H, Barton L. Reduction of molybdate by sulfate-reducing bacteria. Biometals. 2009;22:131-9 pubmed publisher..gigas and D. desulfuricans DSM 642. From these results we suggest that the occurrence of poorly crystalline Mo-sulfides in black shale may be a result from SRB reduction and selective enrichment of Mo in paleo-seawater. ..
- Yang G, Veres M, Szalai G, Zhang A, Xu L, He X. Biotransport phenomena in freezing mammalian oocytes. Ann Biomed Eng. 2011;39:580-91 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate the importance of quantifying the IIF kinetics in the absence of ice-seeding during cooling for development of optimal vitrification protocols of cell cryopreservation. ..
- Heisler M, Hamant O, Krupinski P, Uyttewaal M, Ohno C, Jonsson H, et al. Alignment between PIN1 polarity and microtubule orientation in the shoot apical meristem reveals a tight coupling between morphogenesis and auxin transport. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000516 pubmed publisher..Lastly, through mathematical modeling we show that such a biophysical coupling could mediate the feedback loop between auxin and its transport that underlies plant phyllotaxis. ..
- Conklin D, McMaster J, Culbertson M, Kung C. COT1, a gene involved in cobalt accumulation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:3678-88 pubmed..The increased tolerance of strains containing multiple copies of the COT1 gene is probably due to increased compartmentalization or sequestration of the ion within mitochondria. ..
- Versaw W, Metzenberg R. Repressible cation-phosphate symporters in Neurospora crassa. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:3884-7 pubmed..The finding of such a system in a filamentous fungus is in harmony with the idea that the fungal and animal kingdoms are more closely related to each other than either is to the plant kingdom. ..
- Mastick C, Aebersold R, Lienhard G. Characterization of a major protein in GLUT4 vesicles. Concentration in the vesicles and insulin-stimulated translocation to the plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:6089-92 pubmed
- Armstrong L, Komiya T, Bergman B, Mihara K, Bornstein P. Metaxin is a component of a preprotein import complex in the outer membrane of the mammalian mitochondrion. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:6510-8 pubmed
- Payne C, St John J, Ramalho Santos J, Schatten G. LIS1 association with dynactin is required for nuclear motility and genomic union in the fertilized mammalian oocyte. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2003;56:245-51 pubmed..LIS1 is, therefore, essential to mediate genomic union in a process that involves the dynein-dynactin complex. These results shed light on an additional role for LIS1 and raise implications for human reproduction. ..
- Papp Wallace K, Maguire M. Manganese transport and the role of manganese in virulence. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2006;60:187-209 pubmed..The concluding section describes possible enzymatic roles for Mn(2+) that might help explain why Mn(2+) is necessary for virulence...
- Attie A. ABCA1: at the nexus of cholesterol, HDL and atherosclerosis. Trends Biochem Sci. 2007;32:172-9 pubmed..In the arterial wall, excess cholesterol in macrophages is associated with atherosclerosis; here, ABCA1 is anti-atherogenic because it enables macrophages to rid themselves of excess cholesterol...
- Sun B, Boyanovsky B, Connelly M, Shridas P, van der Westhuyzen D, Webb N. Distinct mechanisms for OxLDL uptake and cellular trafficking by class B scavenger receptors CD36 and SR-BI. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:2560-70 pubmed
- Arendt C, Ullman B. Role of transmembrane domain 4 in ligand permeation by Crithidia fasciculata equilibrative nucleoside transporter 2 (CfNT2). J Biol Chem. 2010;285:6024-35 pubmed publisher..Transmembrane domain 4 and particularly lysine 155 appear to play key roles in ligand discrimination and translocation by CfNT2. ..
- Hicks G, Raikhel N. Advances in dissecting endomembrane trafficking with small molecules. Curr Opin Plant Biol. 2010;13:706-13 pubmed publisher..In this manner, it should be possible to view endomembrane trafficking and its interactions as a systems-based network. ..
- Smith E, Rohatgi R. Cilia 2010: the surprise organelle of the decade. Sci Signal. 2011;4:mr1 pubmed publisher..Presentations at the 2010 Conference on the Biology of Cilia and Flagella revealed new insights into the functions and assembly of cilia and highlighted their ever-expanding roles in development and disease. ..
- Moss A, Endres C, Ruiz Garcia A, Choi D, Unadkat J. Role of the equilibrative and concentrative nucleoside transporters in the intestinal absorption of the nucleoside drug, ribavirin, in wild-type and Ent1(-/-) mice. Mol Pharm. 2012;9:2442-9 pubmed publisher..At higher intestinal concentrations, these transporters are saturated and other processes in the intestine (transport and/or metabolism) play an important role in the absorption of ribavirin. ..
- Tang J, Wang Y, Wang D, Wang Y, Xu Z, Racette K, et al. Key structure of brij for overcoming multidrug resistance in cancer. Biomacromolecules. 2013;14:424-30 pubmed publisher..These findings may provide some insight into the likelihood of further development of more potent P-gp inhibitors for the treatment of MDR in cancer. ..
- Erickson M, Banks W. Blood-brain barrier dysfunction as a cause and consequence of Alzheimer's disease. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2013;33:1500-13 pubmed publisher..From the results discussed herein, we conclude that BBB dysfunction contributes to AD through a number of mechanisms that could be initiated in the presence or absence of A? pathology. ..
- Gelperin D, Weigle J, Nelson K, Roseboom P, Irie K, Matsumoto K, et al. 14-3-3 proteins: potential roles in vesicular transport and Ras signaling in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:11539-43 pubmed..High-copy TPK1 did not rescue Chc- yeast. These genetic interactions suggest that budding-yeast 14-3-3 proteins are multifunctional and may play a role in both vesicular transport and Ras signaling pathways. ..
- Mechref Y, Ma W, Hao G, Novotny M. N-linked oligosaccharides of vomeromodulin, a putative pheromone transporter in rat. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;255:451-5 pubmed..The microheterogeneity of N-glycan structures was also due to the presence of galactose residues with different types of linkages. ..
- Mattson M. Impairment of membrane transport and signal transduction systems by amyloidogenic proteins. Methods Enzymol. 1999;309:733-46 pubmed
- Wang A, Crowley D. Global gene expression responses to cadmium toxicity in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:3259-66 pubmed..Disruption in the transcription of genes encoding ribosomal proteins and zinc-binding proteins may partially explain the molecular mechanisms of cadmium toxicity. ..
- Batelli G, Verslues P, Agius F, Qiu Q, Fujii H, Pan S, et al. SOS2 promotes salt tolerance in part by interacting with the vacuolar H+-ATPase and upregulating its transport activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7781-90 pubmed..Our results suggest that regulation of V-ATPase activity is an additional key function of SOS2 in coordinating changes in ion transport during salt stress and in promoting salt tolerance. ..
- Slepchenko B, Semenova I, Zaliapin I, Rodionov V. Switching of membrane organelles between cytoskeletal transport systems is determined by regulation of the microtubule-based transport. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:635-41 pubmed..This result suggests that MT transport is the defining factor whose regulation determines the choice of the cytoskeletal tracks during the transport of membrane organelles. ..
- Gorres B, Bomhoff G, Morris J, Geiger P. In vivo stimulation of oestrogen receptor ? increases insulin-stimulated skeletal muscle glucose uptake. J Physiol. 2011;589:2041-54 pubmed publisher..Evidence that oestrogens and ER? stimulate glucose uptake has important implications for understanding mechanisms of glucose homeostasis, particularly in postmenopausal women. ..
- Weiner I, Verlander J. Renal ammonia metabolism and transport. Compr Physiol. 2013;3:201-20 pubmed publisher..This coordinated process of regulated ammonia production and transport is critical for the effective maintenance of acid-base homeostasis...
- Grossman G, Beight C, Ebke L, Pauer G, Hagstrom S. Interaction of tubby-like protein-1 (Tulp1) and microtubule-associated protein (MAP) 1A and MAP1B in the mouse retina. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2014;801:511-8 pubmed publisher..This may be the cause for disorganized OSs in tulp1-/- mice, and indicate that their transport to the OS is Tulp1-dependent. ..
- Devi M, Sinclair T, Jain M, Gallo M. Leaf aquaporin transcript abundance in peanut genotypes diverging in expression of the limited-transpiration trait when subjected to differing vapor pressure deficits and aquaporin inhibitors. Physiol Plant. 2016;156:387-96 pubmed publisher..The results of these experiments indicate that AQP transcript abundance itself may not be useful in identifying genotypes expressing the TRlim trait under high VPD conditions. ..
- Tipirneni K, Cho D, Skinner D, Zhang S, Mackey C, Lim D, et al. Characterization of primary rat nasal epithelial cultures in CFTR knockout rats as a model for CF sinus disease. Laryngoscope. 2017;127:E384-E391 pubmed publisher..The successful development of the CFTR-/- rat enables improved evaluation of CF sinus disease based on characteristic abnormalities of ion transport. NA. Laryngoscope, 127:E384-E391, 2017. ..
- Grunden A, Ray R, Rosentel J, Healy F, Shanmugam K. Repression of the Escherichia coli modABCD (molybdate transport) operon by ModE. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:735-44 pubmed..These results show that molybdate transport in E. coli is regulated by ModE, which acts as a repressor when bound to molybdate. ..
- Chekanova J, Belostotsky D. Evidence that poly(A) binding protein has an evolutionarily conserved function in facilitating mRNA biogenesis and export. RNA. 2003;9:1476-90 pubmed..We propose that eukaryotic PABPs have an evolutionarily conserved function in facilitating mRNA biogenesis and export. ..
- Ro H, Carson J. pH microdomains in oligodendrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:37115-23 pubmed..This study provides the first evidence for pH microdomains in cells and describes a mechanism for how they are generated. ..
- Nagle M, Wu W, Eraly S, Nigam S. Organic anion transport pathways in antiviral handling in choroid plexus in Oat1 (Slc22a6) and Oat3 (Slc22a8) deficient tissue. Neurosci Lett. 2013;534:133-8 pubmed publisher..The ability of Oats to regulate the movement of small molecules across the BBB, CP, proximal tubule and other tissues may also be important for their role in remote sensing and signaling [1,21]). ..
- Eichler J, Brunner J, Wickner W. The protease-protected 30 kDa domain of SecA is largely inaccessible to the membrane lipid phase. EMBO J. 1997;16:2188-96 pubmed..We propose that the protease-inaccessible 30 kDa SecA domain is shielded from the fatty acyl membrane phase by membrane-spanning SecYEG helices and/or is largely exposed to the periplasm. ..
- Nelson D, Alvarez C, Gao Y, Garcia Mata R, Fialkowski E, Sztul E. The membrane transport factor TAP/p115 cycles between the Golgi and earlier secretory compartments and contains distinct domains required for its localization and function. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:319-31 pubmed
- Mori H, Summer E, Ma X, Cline K. Component specificity for the thylakoidal Sec and Delta pH-dependent protein transport pathways. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:45-56 pubmed..These studies provide the first biochemical evidence that Tha4 and Hcf106 are specific components of the Delta pH pathway and provide one line of evidence that cpSecY is used specifically by the Sec pathway. ..
- Goodnough M, Oyler G, Fishman P, Johnson E, Neale E, Keller J, et al. Development of a delivery vehicle for intracellular transport of botulinum neurotoxin antagonists. FEBS Lett. 2002;513:163-8 pubmed..The HC of BoNT/A thus offers promise as a selective carrier to deliver BoNT antagonists to the nerve terminal cytoplasm for inhibiting the proteolytic activity of internalized BoNT/A LC. ..
- Thomas D, Weng N, Groblewski G. Secretagogue-induced translocation of CRHSP-28 within an early apical endosomal compartment in acinar cells. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004;287:G253-63 pubmed..These data indicate that CRHSP-28 is present within endocytic and exocytic compartments of acinar cells and is acutely regulated by secretagogue stimulation. ..
- Roberts L, Pierson A, Panaviene Z, Walker E. Yellow stripe1. Expanded roles for the maize iron-phytosiderophore transporter. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:112-20 pubmed..YS1 is capable of transporting copper-PS, but expression data suggest that the copper-PS uptake has limited significance in primary uptake of copper. ..
- Toohey J. Vitamin B12 and methionine synthesis: a critical review. Is nature's most beautiful cofactor misunderstood?. Biofactors. 2006;26:45-57 pubmed..The rearranged product is readily degraded to CH3-SH, providing a mechanism for removing toxic homocysteine. ..
- Valdes R, Liu W, Ullman B, Landfear S. Comprehensive examination of charged intramembrane residues in a nucleoside transporter. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22647-55 pubmed..1 permease. These results imply that the Glu94, Lys153, and Asp374 residues may play central roles in the mechanism of substrate translocation in LdNT1.1. ..
- McLanahan E, Andersen M, Campbell J, Fisher J. Competitive inhibition of thyroidal uptake of dietary iodide by perchlorate does not describe perturbations in rat serum total T4 and TSH. Environ Health Perspect. 2009;117:731-8 pubmed publisher..ClO4(-) competitively inhibits iodide uptake into the thyroid at the sodium/iodide symporter and disrupts hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid (HPT) axis homeostasis in rodents...
- Tsaioun K, Bottlaender M, Mabondzo A. ADDME--Avoiding Drug Development Mistakes Early: central nervous system drug discovery perspective. BMC Neurol. 2009;9 Suppl 1:S1 pubmed publisher..The paper concludes with the authors' forecast of new models that will better predict human efficacy and toxicity. ..
- Ndolo R, Luan Y, Duan S, Forrest M, Krise J. Lysosomotropic properties of weakly basic anticancer agents promote cancer cell selectivity in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49366 pubmed publisher..Additional in vivo studies are needed to examine the utility of this approach for enhancing selectivity. ..
- Pacheco S, Hsu F, Powers K, Purdy G. MmpL11 protein transports mycolic acid-containing lipids to the mycobacterial cell wall and contributes to biofilm formation in Mycobacterium smegmatis. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:24213-22 pubmed publisher..Phenotypes of the M. smegmatis mmpL11 mutant are complemented by the expression of M. smegmatis or M. tuberculosis MmpL11, suggesting that MmpL11 plays a conserved role in mycobacterial cell wall biogenesis. ..
- Melvin J, Park K, Richardson L, Schultheis P, Shull G. Mouse down-regulated in adenoma (DRA) is an intestinal Cl(-)/HCO(3)(-) exchanger and is up-regulated in colon of mice lacking the NHE3 Na(+)/H(+) exchanger. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:22855-61 pubmed
- Zhong R, Ye Z. Alteration of auxin polar transport in the Arabidopsis ifl1 mutants. Plant Physiol. 2001;126:549-63 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest a correlation between the reduced auxin polar transport and the alteration of cell differentiation and morphology in the ifl1 mutants. ..
- Kristan D, Hammond K. Parasite infection and caloric restriction induce physiological and morphological plasticity. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R502-10 pubmed
- King S, Brown Istvan L. Use of the transport specificity ratio and cysteine-scanning mutagenesis to detect multiple substrate specificity determinants in the consensus amphipathic region of the Escherichia coli GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) transporter encoded by gabP. Biochem J. 2003;376:633-44 pubmed..Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 79, 2882-2884]. ..
- De Castro W, Mertens Talcott S, Derendorf H, Butterweck V. Effect of grapefruit juice, naringin, naringenin, and bergamottin on the intestinal carrier-mediated transport of talinolol in rats. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:4840-5 pubmed publisher..5- to 1.8-fold, respectively. In conclusion, the effect of GFJ on P-gp activity seems to depend on the variety, the concentration of compounds in the juice, and the composition of different ingredients. ..
- Graham T, Emr S. Compartmental organization of Golgi-specific protein modification and vacuolar protein sorting events defined in a yeast sec18 (NSF) mutant. J Cell Biol. 1991;114:207-18 pubmed..We propose that this Kex2 compartment is the site in which vacuolar proteins are sorted from proteins destined to be secreted. ..
- Gorsch L, Dockendorff T, Cole C. A conditional allele of the novel repeat-containing yeast nucleoporin RAT7/NUP159 causes both rapid cessation of mRNA export and reversible clustering of nuclear pore complexes. J Cell Biol. 1995;129:939-55 pubmed..Interestingly, shifting rat7-1 cells to 37 degrees C for 1 h caused the NPCs to disperse, restoring near wild-type NPC distribution. After this temperature shift, the mutant Rat7p was no longer detectable by immunofluorescence. ..
- Powers J, Barlowe C. Transport of axl2p depends on erv14p, an ER-vesicle protein related to the Drosophila cornichon gene product. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:1209-22 pubmed..These results suggest an unforeseen conservation in mechanisms producing cell polarity shared between yeast and Drosophila. ..
- Sizemore N, Leung S, Stark G. Activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in response to interleukin-1 leads to phosphorylation and activation of the NF-kappaB p65/RelA subunit. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4798-805 pubmed..Therefore, IL-1 stimulates the PI3K-dependent phosphorylation and transactivation of NF-kappaB, a process quite distinct from the liberation of NF-kappaB from its cytoplasmic inhibitor IkappaB. ..
- Xu X, Kelleher K, Liao J, Creek K, Pirisi L. Unique carboxyl-terminal sequences of wild type and alternatively spliced variant forms of transforming growth factor-alpha precursors mediate specific interactions with ErbB4 and ErbB2. Oncogene. 2000;19:3172-81 pubmed..While interactions of WT and variant TGF-alpha with the ErbBs all result in ErbB2 activation, they produce different biological consequences, suggesting that the various TGF-alpha precursors differentially modulate ErbB signaling. ..
- Serikawa K, Porterfield D, Mandoli D. Asymmetric subcellular mRNA distribution correlates with carbonic anhydrase activity in Acetabularia acetabulum. Plant Physiol. 2001;125:900-11 pubmed..mRNA localization and enzyme activity patterns correlate for AaCA1 and AaCA2, indicating that mRNA localization is one mechanism underlying regional differentiation in A. acetabulum...
- Alexander A, Carey H. Involvement of PI 3-kinase in IGF-I stimulation of jejunal Na+-K+-ATPase activity and nutrient absorption. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001;280:G222-8 pubmed..The results suggest that the effect of IGF-I on jejunal ion and nutrient transport involves activation of PI 3-kinase and stimulation of Na+-K+-ATPase activity in enterocytes...
- Kanamori K, Ross B. Quantitative determination of extracellular glutamine concentration in rat brain, and its elevation in vivo by system A transport inhibitor, alpha-(methylamino)isobutyrate. J Neurochem. 2004;90:203-10 pubmed
- Borths E, Poolman B, Hvorup R, Locher K, Rees D. In vitro functional characterization of BtuCD-F, the Escherichia coli ABC transporter for vitamin B12 uptake. Biochemistry. 2005;44:16301-9 pubmed
- Jing M, Ismail Beigi F. Critical role of 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase in the stimulation of glucose transport in response to inhibition of oxidative phosphorylation. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C477-87 pubmed..However, LKB1 was associated with total p-AMPKalpha. We conclude that activation of AMPK plays both a sufficient and a necessary role in the stimulation of glucose transport in response to inhibition of oxidative phosphorylation. ..
- Robert S, Chary S, Drakakaki G, Li S, Yang Z, Raikhel N, et al. Endosidin1 defines a compartment involved in endocytosis of the brassinosteroid receptor BRI1 and the auxin transporters PIN2 and AUX1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:8464-9 pubmed publisher..No effect was detected in auxin signaling. Thus, PIN2, AUX1, and BRI1 use interactive pathways involving an early SYP61/VHA-a1 endosomal compartment. ..
- Spradley J, Guindon J, Hohmann A. Inhibitors of monoacylglycerol lipase, fatty-acid amide hydrolase and endocannabinoid transport differentially suppress capsaicin-induced behavioral sensitization through peripheral endocannabinoid mechanisms. Pharmacol Res. 2010;62:249-58 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that 2-AG, the putative product of MGL inhibition, and AEA, the putative product of FAAH inhibition, differentially suppress capsaicin-induced nociception through peripheral cannabinoid mechanisms. ..
- Nallathamby P, Lee K, Desai T, Xu X. Study of the multidrug membrane transporter of single living Pseudomonas aeruginosa cells using size-dependent plasmonic nanoparticle optical probes. Biochemistry. 2010;49:5942-53 pubmed publisher..This study shows that multisized NPs can be used to mimic various sizes of antibiotics for probing the size-dependent efflux kinetics of multidrug membrane transporters in single living cells. ..
- Zhao H, Eide D. The ZRT2 gene encodes the low affinity zinc transporter in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:23203-10 pubmed..Finally, a zrt1zrt2 mutant was viable, indicating the existence of additional zinc uptake pathways. ..
- Morris N, Ross S, Lane W, Moestrup S, Petersen C, Keller S, et al. Sortilin is the major 110-kDa protein in GLUT4 vesicles from adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:3582-7 pubmed..The significance of its insulin-stimulated increase at the cell surface and of its expression upon differentiation will require definitive delineation of its function. ..
- Whitley A, Sweet D, Walle T. The dietary polyphenol ellagic acid is a potent inhibitor of hOAT1. Drug Metab Dispos. 2005;33:1097-100 pubmed..In conclusion, we have demonstrated that the OAT family members hOAT1, rOat1, and hOAT4 mediate transport of EA, with a very high affinity for hOAT1. ..
- Fannon M, Forsten Williams K, Nugent M, Gregory K, Chu C, Goerges Wildt A, et al. Sucrose octasulfate regulates fibroblast growth factor-2 binding, transport, and activity: potential for regulation of tumor growth. J Cell Physiol. 2008;215:434-41 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that molecules such as SOS have the potential to remove growth factors from tumor microenvironments and the approach offers an attractive area for further study. ..
- Marcora E, Kennedy M. The Huntington's disease mutation impairs Huntingtin's role in the transport of NF-?B from the synapse to the nucleus. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:4373-84 pubmed publisher..We show that this novel function of Htt is impaired by the polyQ expansion and thus may contribute to the etiology of HD. ..
- Chowdhury N, Norris J, McAlister E, Lau S, Thomas G, Boyd E. The VC1777-VC1779 proteins are members of a sialic acid-specific subfamily of TRAP transporters (SiaPQM) and constitute the sole route of sialic acid uptake in the human pathogen Vibrio cholerae. Microbiology. 2012;158:2158-67 pubmed publisher..Together these data demonstrate unequivocally that the siaPQM-encoded TRAP transporter within VPI-2 is the sole sialic acid transporter in V. cholerae...
- Tomblin J, Arthur S, Primerano D, Chaudhry A, Fan J, Denvir J, et al. Aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) regulation of L-Type Amino Acid Transporter 1 (LAT-1) expression in MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2016;106:94-103 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings confirm the dependence of cancer cells on leucine uptake and establish a mechanism for extrinsic and intrinsic regulation of LAT1 by AHR. ..
- Ferraris R, Vinnakota R. Intestinal nutrient transport in genetically obese mice. Am J Clin Nutr. 1995;62:540-6 pubmed
- Rosentel J, Healy F, Maupin Furlow J, Lee J, Shanmugam K. Molybdate and regulation of mod (molybdate transport), fdhF, and hyc (formate hydrogenlyase) operons in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:4857-64 pubmed..Upon entering the cytoplasm, molybdate branches out to mod regulation, fdhF and hyc activation, and metabolic conversion, leading to MGD synthesis and active molybdoenzyme synthesis. ..
- Race J, Grassl S, Williams W, Holtzman E. Molecular cloning and characterization of two novel human renal organic anion transporters (hOAT1 and hOAT3). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;255:508-14 pubmed..Uptake of PAH is inhibited by probenicid, alpha-ketoglutarate, bumetanide, furosemide, and losartan, but not by salicylate, urate, choline, amilioride, and hydrochlorothiazide. ..
- Stork M, Di Lorenzo M, Mouriño S, Osorio C, Lemos M, Crosa J. Two tonB systems function in iron transport in Vibrio anguillarum, but only one is essential for virulence. Infect Immun. 2004;72:7326-9 pubmed..Each of the tonB genes is transcribed in an operon with the cognate exbB and exbD genes in response to iron limitation. Only tonB2 is essential for transport of ferric anguibactin and virulence. ..
- Chang T, Chang C, Ohgami N, Yamauchi Y. Cholesterol sensing, trafficking, and esterification. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2006;22:129-57 pubmed..The nonvesicular cholesterol translocation processes involve the START domain proteins and the oxysterol binding protein-related proteins (ORPs). The properties of these proteins are summarized. ..
- Bhattacharya I, Boje K. Potential gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) drug interactions through blood-brain barrier transport inhibition: a pharmacokinetic simulation-based evaluation. J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2006;33:657-81 pubmed..0 +/- 6.51 min; n = 4) in the control group (1.58 mmol/kg GHB plus saline) were significantly (p < 0.05) abrogated by salicylic acid (1.25 mmol/kg) coadministration...
- Scow J, Madhavan S, Chaudhry R, Zheng Y, Duenes J, Sarr M. Differentiating passive from transporter-mediated uptake by PepT1: a comparison and evaluation of four methods. J Surg Res. 2011;170:17-23 pubmed publisher..0 does not appear to be accurate. Measuring uptake at cold temperatures or in the presence of a greater concentration of a second dipeptide, and confirming results with modified Michaelis-Menten kinetics is recommended. ..
- Horazdovsky B, Hogg R. High-affinity L-arabinose transport operon. Gene product expression and mRNAs. J Mol Biol. 1987;197:27-35 pubmed..The relative abundance of these two message populations correlates with the differential expression of the binding protein and the membrane-associated proteins of the transport system. ..
- Byrd C, Turner G, Varshavsky A. The N-end rule pathway controls the import of peptides through degradation of a transcriptional repressor. EMBO J. 1998;17:269-77 pubmed..cerevisiae. Thus, one physiological substrate of the N-end rule pathway functions as both a repressor of peptide import and a regulator of copper homeostasis. ..
- Brendza R, Serbus L, Duffy J, Saxton W. A function for kinesin I in the posterior transport of oskar mRNA and Staufen protein. Science. 2000;289:2120-2 pubmed..Thus, a complex containing oskar mRNA and Staufen may be transported along microtubules to the posterior pole by kinesin I. ..
- Fink M, Zakhary D, Mackey J, Desnoyer R, Apperson Hansen C, Damron D, et al. AKAP-mediated targeting of protein kinase a regulates contractility in cardiac myocytes. Circ Res. 2001;88:291-7 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that, in response to beta-adrenergic stimulation, cardiomyocyte function and substrate phosphorylation by PKA is regulated by targeting of PKA by AKAPs. ..