Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on biological transport in Germany
Topic: biological transport
Publications272 found, 100 shown here
- Bongaerts J, Kramer M, Muller U, Raeven L, Wubbolts M. Metabolic engineering for microbial production of aromatic amino acids and derived compounds. Metab Eng. 2001;3:289-300 pubmed
- Assmann G, Gotto A. HDL cholesterol and protective factors in atherosclerosis. Circulation. 2004;109:III8-14 pubmed..However, HDL-C should be considered as part of the patient's overall profile of established risk factors in determining treatment strategies...
- Geissler S, Hellwig M, Zwarg M, Markwardt F, Henle T, Brandsch M. Transport of the advanced glycation end products alanylpyrraline and pyrralylalanine by the human proton-coupled peptide transporter hPEPT1. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:2543-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that pyrraline containing dipeptides are transported by hPEPT1 in an electrogenic manner into intestinal cells. ..
- Haferkamp I, Fernie A, Neuhaus H. Adenine nucleotide transport in plants: much more than a mitochondrial issue. Trends Plant Sci. 2011;16:507-15 pubmed publisher..We include recent scientific findings concerning organellar transporters from plants and algae and also focus on the physiological importance of adenine nucleotide exchange in these cells. ..
- Karbach S, Simon A, Slenzka A, Jaenecke I, Habermeier A, Martine U, et al. Relative contribution of different l-arginine sources to the substrate supply of endothelial nitric oxide synthase. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2011;51:855-61 pubmed publisher..Our study thus demonstrates that l-citrulline and l-arginine-containing peptides derived from either intracellular protein breakdown or from the extracellular space seem to be good substrate sources for eNOS. ..
- Hogekamp C, Arndt D, Pereira P, Becker J, Hohnjec N, Küster H. Laser microdissection unravels cell-type-specific transcription in arbuscular mycorrhizal roots, including CAAT-box transcription factor gene expression correlating with fungal contact and spread. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:2023-43 pubmed publisher..The encoded CBFs thus represent excellent candidates for regulators that mediate a sequential reprogramming of root tissues during the establishment of an AM symbiosis. ..
- Magner D, Wollam J, Shen Y, Hoppe C, Li D, Latza C, et al. The NHR-8 nuclear receptor regulates cholesterol and bile acid homeostasis in C. elegans. Cell Metab. 2013;18:212-24 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide important insights into nuclear receptor control of cholesterol balance and metabolism and their impact on development, reproduction, and aging in the context of larger endocrine networks...
- Pfaffe T, Cooper White J, Beyerlein P, Kostner K, Punyadeera C. Diagnostic potential of saliva: current state and future applications. Clin Chem. 2011;57:675-87 pubmed publisher..Saliva has the potential to become a first-line diagnostic sample of choice owing to the advancements in detection technologies coupled with combinations of biomolecules with clinical relevance. ..
- Schlegel K, Muller V. Sodium ion translocation and ATP synthesis in methanogens. Methods Enzymol. 2011;494:233-55 pubmed publisher..barkeri is described. For the analyses of the A(1)A(O) ATP synthase, methods for measurement of ATP synthesis as well as ATP hydrolysis in Methanosarcina mazei Gö1 are described...
- Vogelgesang S, Jedlitschky G, Brenn A, Walker L. The role of the ATP-binding cassette transporter P-glycoprotein in the transport of ?-amyloid across the blood-brain barrier. Curr Pharm Des. 2011;17:2778-86 pubmed
- Zimmer A, Kreuter J, Robinson J. Studies on the transport pathway of PBCA nanoparticles in ocular tissues. J Microencapsul. 1991;8:497-504 pubmed..Only a transcellular pathway was observed. A possible penetration through tight junctions was not noticed; moreover, penetration was observed only into the first two cell layers and no full tissue penetration occurred. ..
- Niegemann E, Schulz A, Bartsch K. Molecular organization of the Escherichia coli gab cluster: nucleotide sequence of the structural genes gabD and gabP and expression of the GABA permease gene. Arch Microbiol. 1993;160:454-60 pubmed..nidulans. Uptake of GABA was increased ca. 5-fold in transformants of E. coli containing gabP plasmids.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Dietmeier K, Hönlinger A, Bömer U, Dekker P, Eckerskorn C, Lottspeich F, et al. Tom5 functionally links mitochondrial preprotein receptors to the general import pore. Nature. 1997;388:195-200 pubmed..We conclude that Tom5 represents a functional link between surface receptors and GIP, and is part of an 'acid chain' that guides the stepwise transport of positively charged mitochondrial targeting sequences. ..
- Andersen C, Maier E, Kemmer G, Blass J, Hilpert A, Benz R, et al. Porin OmpP2 of Haemophilus influenzae shows specificity for nicotinamide-derived nucleotide substrates. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:24269-76 pubmed..influenzae. ..
- Koch M, Oesterhelt D. MpcT is the transducer for membrane potential changes in Halobacterium salinarum. Mol Microbiol. 2005;55:1681-94 pubmed..Htr14 was therefore renamed to Membrane potential change Transducer, or MpcT. It is the first transducer for which the causative stimulus could be narrowed to a change in DeltaPsi, as opposed to a change in pH or cellular redox state. ..
- Andrei M, Ingelfinger D, Heintzmann R, Achsel T, Rivera Pomar R, Luhrmann R. A role for eIF4E and eIF4E-transporter in targeting mRNPs to mammalian processing bodies. RNA. 2005;11:717-27 pubmed..These data support a model in which mRNPs undergo several successive steps of remodeling and/or 3' trimming until their composition or structural organization promotes their accumulation in P bodies. ..
- Daus M, Grote M, Muller P, Doebber M, Herrmann A, Steinhoff H, et al. ATP-driven MalK dimer closure and reopening and conformational changes of the "EAA" motifs are crucial for function of the maltose ATP-binding cassette transporter (MalFGK2). J Biol Chem. 2007;282:22387-96 pubmed..Together, our data support ATP-driven MalK dimer closure and reopening as crucial steps in the translocation cycle of the intact maltose transporter and are discussed with respect to a current model...
- Huber R, Weisser S, Luedtke R. Effects of abdominal hot compresses on indocyanine green elimination--a randomized cross over study in healthy subjects. BMC Gastroenterol. 2007;7:27 pubmed..Hot compresses have no effect on ICG elimination in healthy subjects but seem to affect the elimination of ICG metabolites. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00484913. ..
- Jacobs S, Ruusuvuori E, Sipilä S, Haapanen A, Damkier H, Kurth I, et al. Mice with targeted Slc4a10 gene disruption have small brain ventricles and show reduced neuronal excitability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:311-6 pubmed publisher..Hence, Slc4a10 is a promising pharmacological target for the therapy of epilepsy or elevated intracranial pressure. ..
- Ulbrich K, Hekmatara T, Herbert E, Kreuter J. Transferrin- and transferrin-receptor-antibody-modified nanoparticles enable drug delivery across the blood-brain barrier (BBB). Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2009;71:251-6 pubmed publisher..Control loperamide-loaded HSA nanoparticles with IgG2a antibodies yielded only marginal effects. ..
- Naim H, Jacob R, Naim H, Sambrook J, Gething M. The pro region of human intestinal lactase-phlorizin hydrolase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26933-43 pubmed..We propose a role for the LPH alpha domain within the pro-LPH molecule as an intramolecular chaperone during folding in the ER. ..
- Brabetz W, Liebl W, Schleifer K. Lactose permease of Escherichia coli catalyzes active beta-galactoside transport in a gram-positive bacterium. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7488-91 pubmed..LacY of E. coli was active in the recombinant C. glutamicum cells despite the different membrane lipid compositions of these organisms. ..
- Schonfeld P, Schild L, Bohnensack R. Expression of the ADP/ATP carrier and expansion of the mitochondrial (ATP + ADP) pool contribute to postnatal maturation of the rat heart. Eur J Biochem. 1996;241:895-900 pubmed..4 +/- 0.9 to 10.6 +/- 1.5 nmol.mg protein-1. The data strongly indicate that the increase in the AAC activity is an essential step in the postnatal maturation of rat heart mitochondria. ..
- Stegh A, Herrmann H, Lampel S, Weisenberger D, Andra K, Seper M, et al. Identification of the cytolinker plectin as a major early in vivo substrate for caspase 8 during CD95- and tumor necrosis factor receptor-mediated apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5665-79 pubmed
- Kleene R, Classen B, Zdzieblo J, Schrader M. SH3 binding sites of ZG29p mediate an interaction with amylase and are involved in condensation-sorting in the exocrine rat pancreas. Biochemistry. 2000;39:9893-900 pubmed..Our results indicate that the interaction of ZG29p with amylase is mediated by SH3 binding domains and that these domains are involved in the sorting of amylase to the granule membrane. ..
- Lindemann B. Hans Ussing, experiments and models. J Membr Biol. 2001;184:203-10 pubmed..Some of the subsequent research dealing with such channels and their cellular environment is briefly reviewed. The ideas of Hans Ussing were and are an inspiration to many of us, who continue to work in the way Ussing has taught us. ..
- Wormit A, Traub M, Flörchinger M, Neuhaus H, Möhlmann T. Characterization of three novel members of the Arabidopsis thaliana equilibrative nucleoside transporter (ENT) family. Biochem J. 2004;383:19-26 pubmed..Using a GFP (green fluorescent protein)-fusion protein transiently expressed in tobacco leaf protoplasts, a localization of AtENT6 in the plant plasma membrane has been revealed. ..
- Fackler O, Kräusslich H. Interactions of human retroviruses with the host cell cytoskeleton. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2006;9:409-15 pubmed..Exciting progress has been made in understanding how HIV and HTLV polarize actin and also control microtubule organization to spread from donor to target cells in close cell-contacts termed virological synapses. ..
- Yin X, Volk S, Ljung K, Mehlmer N, Dolezal K, Ditengou F, et al. Ubiquitin lysine 63 chain forming ligases regulate apical dominance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1898-911 pubmed..Modification of proteins by Lys-63-linked multiubiquitin chains is thus important for hormone-regulated, basic plant architecture. ..
- Hille C, Walz B. Characterisation of neurotransmitter-induced electrolyte transport in cockroach salivary glands by intracellular Ca2+, Na+ and pH measurements in duct cells. J Exp Biol. 2008;211:568-76 pubmed publisher..NKCC and/or AE/NHE activities are necessary for pHi changes in duct cells; we consider that these transporters are involved in the secretion of the NaCl-rich primary saliva. ..
- Juhnke H, Hiltscher H, Nasiri H, Schwalbe H, Lancaster C. Production, characterization and determination of the real catalytic properties of the putative 'succinate dehydrogenase' from Wolinella succinogenes. Mol Microbiol. 2009;71:1088-101 pubmed publisher..Our results provide an explanation for the previously published puzzling observation that the C. jejuni sdhABE operon is upregulated in an oxygen-limited environment as compared with microaerophilic laboratory conditions...
- Kaleta C, de Figueiredo L, Schuster S. Can the whole be less than the sum of its parts? Pathway analysis in genome-scale metabolic networks using elementary flux patterns. Genome Res. 2009;19:1872-83 pubmed publisher..Finally, we give an outlook on further applications like the computation of minimal media, the development of knockout strategies, and the analysis of combined genome-scale networks. ..
- Lall D, Armbruster A, Ruffert K, Betz H, Eulenburg V. Transport activities and expression patterns of glycine transporters 1 and 2 in the developing murine brain stem and spinal cord. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;423:661-6 pubmed publisher..These alterations in the activities and expression profiles of the GlyTs suggest that the contributions of GlyT1 and GlyT2 to the regulation of extracellular glycine concentrations at glycinergic synapses changes during development. ..
- BÃ¶hm J, Scherzer S, Shabala S, Krol E, Neher E, Mueller T, et al. Venus Flytrap HKT1-Type Channel Provides for Prey Sodium Uptake into Carnivorous Plant Without Conflicting with Electrical Excitability. Mol Plant. 2016;9:428-436 pubmed publisher..These structural and biophysical features of a high-capacity, Na(+)-selective ion channel enable Dionaea glands to manage prey-derived sodium loads without confounding the action potential-based information management of the flytrap. ..
- Mademidis A, Killmann H, Kraas W, Flechsler I, Jung G, Braun V. ATP-dependent ferric hydroxamate transport system in Escherichia coli: periplasmic FhuD interacts with a periplasmic and with a transmembrane/cytoplasmic region of the integral membrane protein FhuB, as revealed by competitive peptide mapping. Mol Microbiol. 1997;26:1109-23 pubmed..Although FhuB consists of two homologous halves, FhuB(N) and FhuB(C), the sites identified for FhuD-mediated ferrichrome transport are asymmetrically arranged. ..
- Siegmund A, Grant A, Angeletti C, Malone L, Nichols J, Rudolph H. Loss of Drs2p does not abolish transfer of fluorescence-labeled phospholipids across the plasma membrane of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:34399-405 pubmed..Halleck, M. S., Schlegel, R. A., and Williamson, P. (1996) Science 272, 1495-1497). ..
- Clausmeyer S, Stürzebecher R, Peters J. An alternative transcript of the rat renin gene can result in a truncated prorenin that is transported into adrenal mitochondria. Circ Res. 1999;84:337-44 pubmed..This truncated prorenin corresponds exactly to the deletion variant being imported into mitochondria in vitro. ..
- von Schrenck T, Ahrens M, De Weerth A, Bobrowski C, Wolf G, Jonas L, et al. CCKB/gastrin receptors mediate changes in sodium and potassium absorption in the isolated perfused rat kidney. Kidney Int. 2000;58:995-1003 pubmed..These receptors mediate changes in renal potassium and sodium absorption. In addition, gastrin causes a decrease in perfusate flow, indicating that CCKB receptors might also modulate vascular resistance in the kidney. ..
- Gutensohn M, Schulz B, Nicolay P, Flügge U. Functional analysis of the two Arabidopsis homologues of Toc34, a component of the chloroplast protein import apparatus. Plant J. 2000;23:771-83 pubmed..Thus, our results indicate a more specialized function for both atToc34 and atToc33, suggesting specificity for certain imported precursor proteins. ..
- Muller M, Koch H, Beck K, Schafer U. Protein traffic in bacteria: multiple routes from the ribosome to and across the membrane. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 2001;66:107-57 pubmed..These folding processes require distinct molecular chaperones of the periplasm, such as Skp, SurA, and PpiD. ..
- Schügerl K. Development of bioreaction engineering. Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol. 2000;70:41-76 pubmed..A brief overview of the progress of the fundamentals is presented in the first part of this article and the key issues of bioreaction engineering are advanced in its second part. ..
- von Eckardstein A, Langer C, Engel T, Schaukal I, Cignarella A, Reinhardt J, et al. ATP binding cassette transporter ABCA1 modulates the secretion of apolipoprotein E from human monocyte-derived macrophages. FASEB J. 2001;15:1555-61 pubmed..Inhibition of ABCA1 in HMDM prevented the occurrence of anti-apoE-immunoreactive granular structures in the plasma membrane. We conclude that ABCA1 and, to a lesser extent, ABC8 both promote secretion of apoE from human macrophages...
- Takamori S, Rhee J, Rosenmund C, Jahn R. Identification of differentiation-associated brain-specific phosphate transporter as a second vesicular glutamate transporter (VGLUT2). J Neurosci. 2001;21:RC182 pubmed..Thus, expression of VGLUT2 suffices to cause GABAergic neurons to release glutamate in addition to GABA in a manner very similar to that reported previously for VGLUT1. ..
- Birn H, Willnow T, Nielsen R, Norden A, Bönsch C, Moestrup S, et al. Megalin is essential for renal proximal tubule reabsorption and accumulation of transcobalamin-B(12). Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F408-16 pubmed..In rats this accumulation is correlated with vitamin intake. Thus renal lysosomal B(12) accumulation is dependent on vitamin status, indicating a possible reserve function of this organelle in the rat kidney. ..
- Drobnik W, Borsukova H, Böttcher A, Pfeiffer A, Liebisch G, Schütz G, et al. Apo AI/ABCA1-dependent and HDL3-mediated lipid efflux from compositionally distinct cholesterol-based microdomains. Traffic. 2002;3:268-78 pubmed..In summary, we provide evidence for the existence of compositionally distinct membrane microdomains in human cells and their modulation by apo AI/ABCA1-dependent and HDL3-mediated lipid efflux...
- Orlik F, Andersen C, Benz R. Site-directed mutagenesis of tyrosine 118 within the central constriction site of the LamB (maltoporin) channel of Escherichia coli. II. Effect on maltose and maltooligosaccharide binding kinetics. Biophys J. 2002;83:309-21 pubmed..The results suggest that tyrosine 118 has a crucial effect on carbohydrate transport through LamB. ..
- Bachmann O, Rossmann H, Berger U, Colledge W, Ratcliff R, Evans M, et al. cAMP-mediated regulation of murine intestinal/pancreatic Na+/HCO3- cotransporter subtype pNBC1. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2003;284:G37-45 pubmed..These studies establish the existence of an intracellular HCO(3)(-) concentration- and cell volume-independent activation of colonic NBC by an increase in intracellular cAMP. ..
- Rustenbeck I, Krautheim A, Jörns A, Steinfelder H. Beta-cell toxicity of ATP-sensitive K+ channel-blocking insulin secretagogues. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004;67:1733-41 pubmed..Thus, secretagogue-mediated closure of K(ATP) channels is apparently not per se beta-cell toxic. ..
- Schnitzler J, Graus M, Kreuzwieser J, Heizmann U, Rennenberg H, Wisthaler A, et al. Contribution of different carbon sources to isoprene biosynthesis in poplar leaves. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:152-60 pubmed
- Lösche W, Scholz T, Temmler U, Oberle V, Claus R. Platelet-derived microvesicles transfer tissue factor to monocytes but not to neutrophils. Platelets. 2004;15:109-15 pubmed..The data indicate that the transfer of TF to monocytes is not simply an CD62P-mediated adhesion of platelets or PMV to monocytes, but may involve other not yet identified mechanisms. ..
- Chen S, Hajirezaei M, B rnke F. Differential expression of sucrose-phosphate synthase isoenzymes in tobacco reflects their functional specialization during dark-governed starch mobilization in source leaves. Plant Physiol. 2005;139:1163-74 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that NtSPSC is specifically involved in the synthesis of Suc during starch mobilization in the dark. The roles of the other SPS isoforms are discussed...
- Straube A, Hause G, Fink G, Steinberg G. Conventional kinesin mediates microtubule-microtubule interactions in vivo. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:907-16 pubmed
- Weise A, Becker H, Deitmer J. Enzymatic suppression of the membrane conductance associated with the glutamine transporter SNAT3 expressed in Xenopus oocytes by carbonic anhydrase II. J Gen Physiol. 2007;130:203-15 pubmed..This study also emphasizes the importance of carbonic anhydrase activity and the presence of CO(2)-bicarbonate buffers for membrane transport processes. ..
- Lehner I, Basting D, Meyer B, Haase W, Manolikas T, Kaiser C, et al. The key residue for substrate transport (Glu14) in the EmrE dimer is asymmetric. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3281-8 pubmed..Upon addition of ethidium bromide, chemical shift changes and altered line shapes were observed, demonstrating substrate coordination by both Glu(14) in the dimer. ..
- Bayer M, Kuçi Z, Schömig E, Gründemann D, Dittmann H, Handgretinger R, et al. Uptake of mIBG and catecholamines in noradrenaline- and organic cation transporter-expressing cells: potential use of corticosterone for a preferred uptake in neuroblastoma- and pheochromocytoma cells. Nucl Med Biol. 2009;36:287-94 pubmed publisher
- Wickström S, Lange A, Hess M, Polleux J, Spatz J, Kruger M, et al. Integrin-linked kinase controls microtubule dynamics required for plasma membrane targeting of caveolae. Dev Cell. 2010;19:574-88 pubmed publisher..Our results assign an important role to the integrin/ILK complex for caveolar trafficking to the cell surface. ..
- Poschet G, Hannich B, Raab S, Jungkunz I, Klemens P, Krueger S, et al. A novel Arabidopsis vacuolar glucose exporter is involved in cellular sugar homeostasis and affects the composition of seed storage compounds. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:1664-76 pubmed publisher..Our findings underline the importance of vacuolar Glc export during the regulation of cellular Glc homeostasis and the composition of seed reserves. ..
- Zumdick S, Deters A, Hensel A. In vitro intestinal transport of oligomeric procyanidins (DP 2 to 4) across monolayers of Caco-2 cells. Fitoterapia. 2012;83:1210-7 pubmed publisher..In principle this raises the question if systemic pharmacological activities of hawthorn extracts, can really be attributed to OPCs with very low systemic bioavailability. ..
- Albertini M, Girzalsky W, Veenhuis M, Kunau W. Pex12p of Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a component of a multi-protein complex essential for peroxisomal matrix protein import. Eur J Cell Biol. 2001;80:257-70 pubmed..Our results suggest that Pex12p is a component of the peroxisomal translocation machinery for matrix proteins. ..
- ..Since the TPC1 gene is present in all land plants, it likely encodes a very general function. In this review, we will discuss major SV channel properties and their impact on plant cell physiology. ..
- Kudin A, Vielhaber S, Elger C, Kunz W. Differences in flux control and reserve capacity of cytochrome c oxidase (COX) in human skeletal muscle and brain suggest different metabolic effects of mild COX deficiencies. Mol Biol Rep. 2002;29:89-92 pubmed..Our results predict stronger metabolic effects of mild COX activity deficits in human skeletal muscle than in brain tissue. ..
- Zehentgruber D, Dragan C, Bureik M, Lutz S. Challenges of steroid biotransformation with human cytochrome P450 monooxygenase CYP21 using resting cells of recombinant Schizosaccharomyces pombe. J Biotechnol. 2010;146:179-85 pubmed publisher..Through permeabilization of the membrane with the detergent tween 80 steroid hydroxylation activity increases, leading to a productivity of 540 microM d(-1) in a final batch experiment under optimized reaction conditions. ..
- Schmidt A, Su Y, Kunze R, Warner S, Hewitt M, Slocum R, et al. UPS1 and UPS2 from Arabidopsis mediate high affinity transport of uracil and 5-fluorouracil. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44817-24 pubmed
- Konig J, Müller F, Fromm M. Transporters and drug-drug interactions: important determinants of drug disposition and effects. Pharmacol Rev. 2013;65:944-66 pubmed publisher..Further work is required regarding a better understanding of the role of the drug metabolism-drug transport interplay for drug-drug interactions and on the extrapolation of in vitro findings to the in vivo (human) situation. ..
- Barth I, Meyer S, Sauer N. PmSUC3: characterization of a SUT2/SUC3-type sucrose transporter from Plantago major. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1375-85 pubmed..Arguments for and against a potential sensor function for this type of sucrose transporter are presented, and the role of this type of transporter in the regulation of sucrose fluxes is discussed...
- Planko L, Böhse K, Hohfeld J, Betz R, Hanneken S, Eigelshoven S, et al. Identification of a keratin-associated protein with a putative role in vesicle transport. Eur J Cell Biol. 2007;86:827-39 pubmed..We hypothesise that this interaction is involved in melanosome formation or transport in keratinocytes. Alternatively, it may have a general function in the regulation of keratin assembly. ..
- Suzuki Y, Schwartz S, Mueller N, Schmitt M. Cysteine residues in a yeast viral A/B toxin crucially control host cell killing via pH-triggered disulfide rearrangements. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1123-1131 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that pH-triggered thiol rearrangements in K28 can cause the release of cytotoxic ? monomers, suggesting a toxin-intrinsic mechanism of disulfide bond reduction and ?/? heterodimer dissociation in the cytosol. ..
- Hartmann E, Sommer T, Prehn S, Gorlich D, Jentsch S, Rapoport T. Evolutionary conservation of components of the protein translocation complex. Nature. 1994;367:654-7 pubmed..coli and to putative homologues in various other bacteria. At least two subunits of the Sec61/SecYp complex therefore seem to be key components of the protein translocation apparatus in all classes of organisms. ..
- Nieweg A, Bremer E. The nucleoside-specific Tsx channel from the outer membrane of Salmonella typhimurium, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Enterobacter aerogenes: functional characterization and DNA sequence analysis of the tsx genes. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 2):603-15 pubmed
- Liu L, Ludewig U, Frommer W, von Wirén N. AtDUR3 encodes a new type of high-affinity urea/H+ symporter in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2003;15:790-800 pubmed..AtDUR3 was expressed in shoots and roots and upregulated during early germination and under nitrogen deficiency in roots. We propose a role of AtDUR3 in urea uptake by plant cells at low external urea concentrations. ..
- Görke B, Rak B. Catabolite control of Escherichia coli regulatory protein BglG activity by antagonistically acting phosphorylations. EMBO J. 1999;18:3370-9 pubmed..Thus, the PTS may represent a highly integrated signal transduction network in carbon catabolite control. ..
- Grammann K, Volke A, Kunte H. New type of osmoregulated solute transporter identified in halophilic members of the bacteria domain: TRAP transporter TeaABC mediates uptake of ectoine and hydroxyectoine in Halomonas elongata DSM 2581(T). J Bacteriol. 2002;184:3078-85 pubmed..Therefore, the physiological role of TeaABC may be primarily to recover ectoine leaking through the cytoplasmic membrane...
- Konig J, Cui Y, Nies A, Keppler D. Localization and genomic organization of a new hepatocellular organic anion transporting polypeptide. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:23161-8 pubmed..Thus, human OATP8 is a new uptake transporter in the basolateral hepatocyte membrane with an overlapping but distinct substrate specificity as compared with OATP2, which is localized to the same membrane domain. ..
- Ranzinger F, Herrling M, Lackner S, Grande V, Baniodeh A, Powell A, et al. Direct surface visualization of biofilms with high spin coordination clusters using Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Acta Biomater. 2016;31:167-177 pubmed publisher..Results elucidate the interactions between the biofilms' surface and the contrast agents and open a new field for biotechnological applications by functional contrast enhancement. ..
- Schatz O, Oft M, Dascher C, Schebesta M, Rosorius O, Jaksche H, et al. Interaction of the HIV-1 rev cofactor eukaryotic initiation factor 5A with ribosomal protein L5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:1607-12 pubmed..Our data suggest that the Rev export pathway shares components of a cellular transport system involved in the intracellular trafficking of polymerase III (5S rRNA) transcripts. ..
- Hetzer M, Mattaj I. An ATP-dependent, Ran-independent mechanism for nuclear import of the U1A and U2B" spliceosome proteins. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:293-303 pubmed..This activity can be solubilized in the presence of elevated MgCl(2). These data suggest that U1A and U2B" import into the nucleus occurs by a hitherto uncharacterized mechanism. ..
- Ott V, Koch J, Späte K, Morbach S, Kramer R. Regulatory properties and interaction of the C- and N-terminal domains of BetP, an osmoregulated betaine transporter from Corynebacterium glutamicum. Biochemistry. 2008;47:12208-18 pubmed publisher..These results support a functional model of BetP activation that involves the C-terminal domain shifting from interaction with the membrane to interaction with intramolecular domains in response to osmotic stress. ..
- Tonack S, Kind K, Thompson J, Wobus A, Fischer B, Santos A. Dioxin affects glucose transport via the arylhydrocarbon receptor signal cascade in pluripotent embryonic carcinoma cells. Endocrinology. 2007;148:5902-12 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that an AhR-mediated disturbance in GLUT expression and insufficient glucose uptake may be major mechanisms in TCDD embryo toxicity. ..
- Geiger D. Plant sucrose transporters from a biophysical point of view. Mol Plant. 2011;4:395-406 pubmed publisher..In this review, the current knowledge about the biophysical properties of plant sucrose transporters is summarized and discussed. ..
- Baluska F, Hlavacka A, Samaj J, Palme K, Robinson D, Matoh T, et al. F-actin-dependent endocytosis of cell wall pectins in meristematic root cells. Insights from brefeldin A-induced compartments. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:422-31 pubmed..These observations suggest that cell wall pectins of meristematic maize root cells undergo rapid endocytosis in an F-actin-dependent manner. ..
- Burzik C, Kaim G, Dimroth P, Bamberg E, Fendler K. Charge displacements during ATP-hydrolysis and synthesis of the Na+-transporting FoF1-ATPase of Ilyobacter tartaricus. Biophys J. 2003;85:2044-54 pubmed..For ATP synthesis the rate constant is 50-70 s(-1)...
- Friedrich T, Stolpe S, Schneider D, Barquera B, Hellwig P. Ion translocation by the Escherichia coli NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase (complex I). Biochem Soc Trans. 2005;33:836-9 pubmed..We did not find any indications for Na+ translocation by the E. coli complex I. ..
- Siebrasse J, Veith R, Dobay A, Leonhardt H, Daneholt B, Kubitscheck U. Discontinuous movement of mRNP particles in nucleoplasmic regions devoid of chromatin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:20291-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that the observed discontinuous movement reflects transient interactions between freely diffusing BR particles and these submicroscopic structures...
- Demirel O, Waibler Z, Kalinke U, Grunebach F, Appel S, Brossart P, et al. Identification of a lysosomal peptide transport system induced during dendritic cell development. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37836-43 pubmed..These results suggest a mechanism by which antigenic peptides have access to the lysosomal compartment in professional antigen-presenting cells...
- Kistler B, Rolink A, Marienfeld R, Neumann M, Wirth T. Induction of nuclear factor-kappa B during primary B cell differentiation. J Immunol. 1998;160:2308-17 pubmed..Consistent with these observations, I kappa B beta cotransfection can inhibit p50/RelA-mediated trans-activation, but barely affects p50/RelB mediated trans-activation. ..
- Haardt M, Bremer E. Use of phoA and lacZ fusions to study the membrane topology of ProW, a component of the osmoregulated ProU transport system of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:5370-81 pubmed