Experts and Doctors on biodiversity in China
- Liu Y, Zhou T, Crowley D, Li L, Liu D, Zheng J, et al. Decline in topsoil microbial quotient, fungal abundance and C utilization efficiency of rice paddies under heavy metal pollution across South China. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38858 pubmed publisher..The potential effects of these changes on C cycling and CO(2) production in the polluted rice paddies deserve further field studies. ..
- Wang W, Cao J, Li J, Yang F, Li Z, Li L. Comparative analysis of the gastrointestinal microbial communities of bar-headed goose (Anser indicus) in different breeding patterns by high-throughput sequencing. Microbiol Res. 2016;182:59-67 pubmed publisher..The marked differences of genus level group-specific microbes create a baseline for future bar-headed goose microbiology research. ..
- Li J, Zheng Y, Yan J, Li H, Wang X, He J, et al. Effects of different regeneration scenarios and fertilizer treatments on soil microbial ecology in reclaimed opencast mining areas on the Loess Plateau, China. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63275 pubmed publisher..Stronger clustering of microbial communities from the same regeneration scenario indicated that the vegetative composition of regeneration site may have a greater influence on soil microbial communities than fertilizer treatment. ..
- Pecl G, Araujo M, Bell J, Blanchard J, Bonebrake T, Chen I, et al. Biodiversity redistribution under climate change: Impacts on ecosystems and human well-being. Science. 2017;355: pubmed publisher..Consideration of these effects of biodiversity redistribution is critical yet lacking in most mitigation and adaptation strategies, including the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals. ..
- Zhang F, She Y, Chai L, Banat I, Zhang X, Shu F, et al. Microbial diversity in long-term water-flooded oil reservoirs with different in situ temperatures in China. Sci Rep. 2012;2:760 pubmed publisher..Moreover, most of the detected microbes were not identified as indigenous. The objective of this study was to expand the pictures of the microbial ecosystem of water-flooded oil reservoirs. ..
- Xu W, Shi L, Chan O, Li J, Casper P, Zou X. Assessing the effect of litter species on the dynamic of bacterial and fungal communities during leaf decomposition in microcosm by molecular techniques. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e84613 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the microorganisms colonizing leaf bioï¬lm in tropical stream water were mostly generalists that could exploit the resources of leaves of various species equally well. ..
- Parahitiyawa N, Scully C, Leung W, Yam W, Jin L, Samaranayake L. Exploring the oral bacterial flora: current status and future directions. Oral Dis. 2010;16:136-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the latest pyrosequencing based methods have further broadened the extent of bacterial diversity in oral niches. ..
- Lin A, Shen S, Wang J, Yan B. Reproduction diversity of Enteromorpha prolifera. J Integr Plant Biol. 2008;50:622-9 pubmed publisher..prolifera mainly depends on asexual methods. The results presented here contribute to increasing our understanding about how the opportunistic macroalgae successfully maintain colonization and excessive growth...
- Cheung M, Lam W, Fung W, Law P, Au C, Nong W, et al. Sputum microbiota in tuberculosis as revealed by 16S rRNA pyrosequencing. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54574 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have revealed associations of some diseases with an imbalance in the microbial community. Characterization of the TB microbiota could allow a better understanding of the disease...
- Chen H, Peng S, Dai L, Zou Q, Yi B, Yang X, et al. Oral microbial community assembly under the influence of periodontitis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182259 pubmed publisher..We argue that the 'phenotypic' changes explain the observed link (not necessarily causal) between periodontitis and community dysbiosis, which is certainly worthy of further investigation. ..
- Bianba D, Guo Q, Ci B, Luo D. [Effects of gap in primitive subalpine fir forest on diversity of herb and shrub in Tibet]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2004;15:191-4 pubmed..The similar coefficients were little correlative between gap area and communities. Gap was important to improve growth of herb and shrub and maintain species diversity of primitive subalpine fir forest in southwest Tibet...
- Zhong Q, Chen H, Liu L, He Y, Zhu D, Jiang L, et al. Water table drawdown shapes the depth-dependent variations in prokaryotic diversity and structure in Zoige peatlands. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2017;93: pubmed publisher..Our study illuminates that the variations of prokaryotic communities caused by water table drawdown are depth-dependent, and that water table drawdown leads to predictive changes of microbiota in peatlands. ..
- Huang X, Zhao F, Song C, Gao Y, Geng Z, Zhuang P. Effects of stereoscopic artificial floating wetlands on nekton abundance and biomass in the Yangtze Estuary. Chemosphere. 2017;183:510-518 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that SAFWs can form stable environments for nekton and increase habitat available to juvenile fish. ..
- Liu B, Tang S, Ming H, He S, Nie G, Guan T, et al. [Biodiversity and functional enzymes of cultured halophilic archaeon in Lop Nur region]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2011;51:1222-31 pubmed..In order to explore the diversity of cultured halophilic archaeon from hypersaline environments in Lop Nur region and their potential application...
- Cao H, Li M, Hong Y, Gu J. Diversity and abundance of ammonia-oxidizing archaea and bacteria in polluted mangrove sediment. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2011;34:513-23 pubmed publisher..Several physicochemical factors, rather than any single one, affect the distribution patterns suggesting that a combination of factors is involved in shaping the dynamics of AOA and AOB in the mangrove ecosystem. ..
- Zhang X, Zhang T. Occurrence, abundance, and diversity of tetracycline resistance genes in 15 sewage treatment plants across China and other global locations. Environ Sci Technol. 2011;45:2598-604 pubmed publisher..The results of this study might be useful to understand the diversity of these resistance genes in STPs. ..
- Yuan Z, Rao L, Chen Y, Zhang C, Wu Y. From pattern to process: species and functional diversity in fungal endophytes of Abies beshanzuensis. Fungal Biol. 2011;115:197-213 pubmed publisher..Intra-specific diversity may be of great ecological significance for ecotypic adaptation. These findings suggest a fair degree of functional complementarity rather than redundancy among endemic symbionts of natural plant populations...
- Tian X, Zhang Q, Chen G, Mao Z, Yang J, Xie B. [Diversity of bacteria associated with pine wood nematode revealed by metagenome]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2010;50:909-16 pubmed..This study focused on revealing the bacterial diversity of ecosystem of pine wood nematode and its associated bacteria...
- Pei C, Liu Q, Dong C, Li H, Jiang J, Gao W. Diversity and abundance of the bacterial 16S rRNA gene sequences in forestomach of alpacas (Lama pacos) and sheep (Ovis aries). Anaerobe. 2010;16:426-32 pubmed publisher..30 and from sheep 3.04). Our results showed that there were apparent differences in the bacterial diversity and abundance in the forestomach between alpacas and sheep. ..
- Vijaykrishna D, Smith G, Zhang J, Peiris J, Chen H, Guan Y. Evolutionary insights into the ecology of coronaviruses. J Virol. 2007;81:4012-20 pubmed..Further surveillance of bat and other animal populations is needed to fully describe the ecology and evolution of this virus family...