Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on benzamides in Italy
- Floris G, Sciot R, Wozniak A, Van Looy T, Wellens J, Faa G, et al. The Novel HSP90 inhibitor, IPI-493, is highly effective in human gastrostrointestinal stromal tumor xenografts carrying heterogeneous KIT mutations. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:5604-14 pubmed publisher..IPI-493 synergizes with TKIs that are commonly used for the treatment of advanced or IMA-resistant GIST. The antitumor response of IPI-493 is particularly enhanced in combination with SUN. ..
- Casali P, Messina A, Stacchiotti S, Tamborini E, Crippa F, Gronchi A, et al. Imatinib mesylate in chordoma. Cancer. 2004;101:2086-97 pubmed..The benefit to the patient entailed by this pattern of tumor response in chordoma needs to be elucidated, but may be limited in the presence of significant local disease. ..
- Fiume L, Baglioni M, Busi C, Manerba M, Di Stefano G. The enhancement of interstitial transport of a doxorubicin-lactosaminated albumin conjugate by imatinib: in rat hepatocellular carcinoma it is not preferentially higher than that in liver and bone marrow. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2009;72:630-1 pubmed..This observation casts some doubts about the possibility that the value of anticancer agents with toxic side effects on liver and bone marrow can be improved by imatinib. ..
- Mai A, Massa S, Lavu S, Pezzi R, Simeoni S, Ragno R, et al. Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of sirtinol analogues as class III histone/protein deacetylase (Sirtuin) inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2005;48:7789-95 pubmed..Both (R)- and (S)-sirtinol had similar inhibitory effects on the yeast and human enzymes, demonstrating no enantioselective inhibitory effect. ..
- Micale V, Tamburella A, Leggio G, Mazzola C, Li Volsi V, Drago F. Behavioral effects of saredutant, a tachykinin NK2 receptor antagonist, in experimental models of mood disorders under basal and stress-related conditions. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2008;90:463-9 pubmed publisher..These results give further support to the hypothesis that tachykinin NK2 receptors may be a therapeutic target for pharmacological treatment of stress-related diseases, such as anxiety and depression. ..
- Nazzaro C, Greco B, Cerovic M, Baxter P, Rubino T, Trusel M, et al. SK channel modulation rescues striatal plasticity and control over habit in cannabinoid tolerance. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:284-93 pubmed publisher..In addition, SK channels emerge as molecular targets to fine tune the eCB pathway under pathological conditions. ..
- Corrado C, Flugy A, Taverna S, Raimondo S, Guggino G, KARMALI R, et al. Carboxyamidotriazole-orotate inhibits the growth of imatinib-resistant chronic myeloid leukaemia cells and modulates exosomes-stimulated angiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42310 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CTO may be effective in targeting both cancer cell growth and the tumor microenvironment, thus suggesting a potential therapeutic utility for CTO in leukaemia patients. ..
- Petrangolini G, Supino R, Pratesi G, Dal Bo L, Tortoreto M, Croce A, et al. Effect of a novel vacuolar-H+-ATPase inhibitor on cell and tumor response to camptothecins. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2006;318:939-46 pubmed..Such findings support a potential interest for the use of vacuolar-H(+)-ATPase inhibitors in combination therapy to improve camptothecin efficacy. ..
- Pani L, Gessa G. The substituted benzamides and their clinical potential on dysthymia and on the negative symptoms of schizophrenia. Mol Psychiatry. 2002;7:247-53 pubmed..Interestingly, recent evidence in the literature suggests that depressive episodes belonging to the bipolar spectrum are among "alternative indications" of other atypical antipsychotics such as olanzapine and risperidone. ..
- Saglio G, Cilloni D, Rancati F, Boano L. Glivec and CML: a lucky date. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2004;18:246-51 pubmed
- Gambacorti Passerini C, Rossi F, Verga M, Ruchatz H, Gunby R, Frapolli R, et al. Differences between in vivo and in vitro sensitivity to imatinib of Bcr/Abl+ cells obtained from leukemic patients. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2002;28:361-72 pubmed..These data suggest that measurements of Bcr/Abl kinase activity in peripheral blood samples may represent a more reliable indicator of active concentrations than the measurement of imatinib plasma levels. ..
- Tavanti E, Sero V, Vella S, Fanelli M, Michelacci F, Landuzzi L, et al. Preclinical validation of Aurora kinases-targeting drugs in osteosarcoma. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:2607-18 pubmed publisher..In vitro analysis of the Aurora kinases inhibitors VX-680 and ZM447439 indicated in VX-680 a new promising drug of potential clinical usefulness in association with conventional osteosarcoma chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Siravegna G, Sartore Bianchi A, Mussolin B, Cassingena A, Amatu A, Novara L, et al. Tracking a CAD-ALK gene rearrangement in urine and blood of a colorectal cancer patient treated with an ALK inhibitor. Ann Oncol. 2017;28:1302-1308 pubmed publisher..The latter could be implemented without the need of patient hospitalization since urine tr-DNA can be self-collected, is stable over time and can be shipped at specified time-points to central labs for testing. ..
- Albertini M, Clement M, Lafortuna C, Caniatti M, Magder S, Abdulmalek K, et al. Role of poly-(ADP-ribose) synthetase in lipopolysaccharide-induced vascular failure and acute lung injury in pigs. J Crit Care. 2000;15:73-83 pubmed..We concluded that PARS activation plays an important role in the changes of lung mechanics associated with LPS-induced acute lung injury but had no role in vascular failure. ..
- Totani L, Amore C, Di Santo A, Dell Elba G, Piccoli A, Martelli N, et al. Roflumilast inhibits leukocyte-platelet interactions and prevents the prothrombotic functions of polymorphonuclear leukocytes and monocytes. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14:191-204 pubmed publisher..This study reveals novel antithrombotic activities by which roflumilast may exert protective effects against cardiovascular comorbodities in COPD. ..
- Valente S, Liu Y, Schnekenburger M, Zwergel C, Cosconati S, Gros C, et al. Selective non-nucleoside inhibitors of human DNA methyltransferases active in cancer including in cancer stem cells. J Med Chem. 2014;57:701-13 pubmed publisher..In mouse medulloblastoma stem cells, 5 inhibited cell growth, whereas related compound 2 showed high cell differentiation. To the best of our knowledge, 2 and 5 are the first non-nucleoside DNMTi tested in a cancer stem cell line. ..
- Alaggio R, Cecchetto G, Martignoni G, Bisogno G, Cheng L, Sperli D, et al. Malignant perivascular epithelioid cell tumor in children: description of a case and review of the literature. J Pediatr Surg. 2012;47:e31-40 pubmed publisher..The indolent evolution in our patient was similar to that reported in some other cases in the literature. In terms of treatment, the present case suggests a minor response to temsirolimus compared with the adult population. ..
- Gronchi A. Risk stratification models and mutational analysis: keys to optimising adjuvant therapy in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumour. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:884-92 pubmed publisher..In this review, the development and prognostic/predictive utility of key risk stratification tools and mutational analysis of GIST are discussed herein with the goal of facilitating adjuvant treatment decisions for patients with GIST. ..
- Bambico F, Duranti A, Nobrega J, Gobbi G. The fatty acid amide hydrolase inhibitor URB597 modulates serotonin-dependent emotional behaviour, and serotonin1A and serotonin2A/C activity in the hippocampus. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2016;26:578-90 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that URB597 acts, either directly or indirectly, on the 5-HT system, increases hippocampal BDNF expression, and modifies 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A/C function. ..
- Ricci C, Onida F, Servida F, Radaelli F, Saporiti G, Todoerti K, et al. In vitro anti-leukaemia activity of sphingosine kinase inhibitor. Br J Haematol. 2009;144:350-7 pubmed publisher..Due to the fact that the phenomenon of resistance to IM remains a major issue in the treatment of patients with CML, the identification of alternative targets and new drugs may be of clinical relevance. ..
- Macri S, Ceci C, Canese R, Laviola G. Prenatal stress and peripubertal stimulation of the endocannabinoid system differentially regulate emotional responses and brain metabolism in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41821 pubmed publisher..Yet, whilst we hypothesized these factors to be interactive in nature, we observed that the consequences of prenatal corticosterone administration were independent from those of ECS drug-induced stimulation during adolescence. ..
- Romei C, Di Prisco S, Raiteri M, Raiteri L. Glycine release provoked by disturbed Na?, Na? and Ca²? homeostasis in cerebellar nerve endings: roles of Ca²? channels, Na?/Ca²? exchangers and GlyT2 transporter reversal. J Neurochem. 2011;119:50-63 pubmed publisher..To conclude, ionic dysregulations typical of ischemia and epilepsy caused glycine release in cerebellum by multiple differential mechanisms that may represent potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Negri T, Bozzi F, Conca E, Brich S, Gronchi A, Bertulli R, et al. Oncogenic and ligand-dependent activation of KIT/PDGFRA in surgical samples of imatinib-treated gastrointestinal stromal tumours (GISTs). J Pathol. 2009;217:103-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that drugs targeting wild-type receptors should be tested in imatinib-treated GIST patients. ..
- Giordano A, Romano S, Mallardo M, D Angelillo A, Cali G, Corcione N, et al. FK506 can activate transforming growth factor-beta signalling in vascular smooth muscle cells and promote proliferation. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;79:519-26 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, cyclin D1 expression was increased. We also demonstrate that FK506 activates the TGF-beta signal in VSMCs and that, through this mechanism, it stimulates cell proliferation. FK506 can act as a growth factor for VSMCs. ..
- Supino R, Petrangolini G, Pratesi G, Tortoreto M, Favini E, Bo L, et al. Antimetastatic effect of a small-molecule vacuolar H+-ATPase inhibitor in in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2008;324:15-22 pubmed
- Mazzon E, Genovese T, Di Paola R, Muià C, Crisafulli C, Malleo G, et al. Effects of 3-aminobenzamide, an inhibitor of poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase, in a mouse model of acute pancreatitis induced by cerulein. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;549:149-56 pubmed..These findings provide the evidence that PARP inhibition reduce the degree of pancreas injury caused by acute pancreatitis induced by cerulein administration. ..
- Ciarcia R, Damiano S, Montagnaro S, Pagnini U, Ruocco A, Caparrotti G, et al. Combined effects of PI3K and SRC kinase inhibitors with imatinib on intracellular calcium levels, autophagy, and apoptosis in CML-PBL cells. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:2839-48 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic strategies combining imatinib with PI3K and/or Src kinase inhibitors warrant further investigations in Bcr/Abl+ malignancies, particularly in the cases of imatinib mesylate-resistant disease. ..
- De Pas T, Toffalorio F, Colombo P, Trifiro G, Pelosi G, Vigna P, et al. Brief report: activity of imatinib in a patient with platelet-derived-growth-factor receptor positive malignant solitary fibrous tumor of the pleura. J Thorac Oncol. 2008;3:938-41 pubmed publisher..Treatment with imatinib should be considered for patients with recurrent or unresectable MSFTs with PDGFR expression. ..
- Atorino L, Di Meglio S, Farina B, Jones R, Quesada P. Rat germinal cells require PARP for repair of DNA damage induced by gamma-irradiation and H2O2 treatment. Eur J Cell Biol. 2001;80:222-9 pubmed..SNOG-induced SSBs were insensitive to both CAT and SOD. It is concluded that DNA in spermatocytes and spermatids is sensitive to damage by gamma-irradiation and H2O2 and that efficient repair of SSBs requires PARP activity. ..
- Cippitelli A, Cannella N, Braconi S, Duranti A, Tontini A, Bilbao A, et al. Increase of brain endocannabinoid anandamide levels by FAAH inhibition and alcohol abuse behaviours in the rat. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2008;198:449-60 pubmed publisher..We thus can speculate that medication based on the use of endocannabinoid system modulators such as URB597 may offer important advantages compared to treatment with direct CB1 receptor activators. ..
- Chiacchiera F, Grossi V, Cappellari M, Peserico A, Simonatto M, Germani A, et al. Blocking p38/ERK crosstalk affects colorectal cancer growth by inducing apoptosis in vitro and in preclinical mouse models. Cancer Lett. 2012;324:98-108 pubmed publisher..Current MEK1-directed pharmacological strategies could thus be exploited, in combination with p38? inhibition, to develop new approaches for CRC treatment. ..
- Bauer S, Rutkowski P, Hohenberger P, Miceli R, Fumagalli E, Siedlecki J, et al. Long-term follow-up of patients with GIST undergoing metastasectomy in the era of imatinib -- analysis of prognostic factors (EORTC-STBSG collaborative study). Eur J Surg Oncol. 2014;40:412-9 pubmed publisher..Incomplete resection, including debulking surgery does not seem to prolong survival. Despite the retrospective character and likely selection bias, this analysis may help in decision making for surgical approaches in metastatic GIST. ..
- Colussi C, Scopece A, Vitale S, Spallotta F, Mattiussi S, Rosati J, et al. P300/CBP associated factor regulates nitroglycerin-dependent arterial relaxation by N(?)-lysine acetylation of contractile proteins. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:2435-43 pubmed publisher..Hence, combination of epigenetic drugs and nitroglycerin may be envisaged as a novel treatment strategy for coronary artery disease symptoms and other cardiovascular accidents of ischemic origin. ..
- Catalano M, Fortunati N, Pugliese M, Marano F, Ortoleva L, Poli R, et al. Histone deacetylase inhibition modulates E-cadherin expression and suppresses migration and invasion of anaplastic thyroid cancer cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E1150-9 pubmed publisher..The antiinvasive effect in addition to the cytotoxic activity of histone deacetylase inhibitors opens up therapeutic perspectives for the anaplastic thyroid tumor that does not respond to conventional therapy. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Longhi A, Ferraresi V, Grignani G, Comandone A, Stupp R, et al. Phase II study of imatinib in advanced chordoma. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:914-20 pubmed publisher..To explore the antitumor activity of imatinib in patients with advanced platelet-derived growth factor ? (PDGFB)/PDGF receptor ? (PDGFRB)-positive chordomas...
- Drilon A, Siena S, Ou S, Patel M, Ahn M, Lee J, et al. Safety and Antitumor Activity of the Multitargeted Pan-TRK, ROS1, and ALK Inhibitor Entrectinib: Combined Results from Two Phase I Trials (ALKA-372-001 and STARTRK-1). Cancer Discov. 2017;7:400-409 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Discov; 7(4); 400-9. ©2017 AACR.This article is highlighted in the In This Issue feature, p. 339. ..
- Bertorelli R, Consolo S. D1 and D2 dopaminergic regulation of acetylcholine release from striata of freely moving rats. J Neurochem. 1990;54:2145-8 pubmed..025 mg/kg, s.c.). The results provide clear in vivo evidence of the tonic inhibition exerted by dopaminergic nigrostriatal input on the cholinergic system of the basal ganglia through D1 and D2 receptors...
- Negri T, Pavan G, Virdis E, Greco A, Fermeglia M, Sandri M, et al. T670X KIT mutations in gastrointestinal stromal tumors: making sense of missense. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009;101:194-204 pubmed publisher..This combination of in vitro and molecular modeling analyses shows why, among all possible amino acid substitutions at position 670 of KIT, only Ile is naturally selected as a resistance mutant in imatinib-treated GIST patients. ..
- Alonci A, Allegra A, Russo S, Penna G, Bellomo G, D Angelo A, et al. Imatinib mesylate therapy induces reduction in neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin serum levels and increase in leptin concentrations in chronic myeloid leukemia patients in molecular remission. Acta Haematol. 2012;127:1-6 pubmed publisher..After therapy with imatinib, all patients in molecular remission presented an increase in leptin levels. Future research is eagerly awaited as it may demonstrate the real role of NGAL and leptin in the onset and progression of CML. ..
- Ricciardolo F, Rado V, Fabbri L, Sterk P, Di Maria G, Geppetti P. Bronchoconstriction induced by citric acid inhalation in guinea pigs: role of tachykinins, bradykinin, and nitric oxide. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 1999;159:557-62 pubmed..Our study suggests a possible implication of these mechanisms in asthma associated with gastroesophageal acid reflux and a potential therapeutic role of tachykinin and bradykinin antagonists. ..
- Trevisani M, Amadesi S, Schmidlin F, Poblete M, Bardella E, Maggiore B, et al. Bradykinin B2 receptors mediate contraction in the normal and inflamed human gallbladder in vitro. Gastroenterology. 2003;125:126-35 pubmed..All the components of the kinin system are expressed in the human gallbladder. Bradykinin is a powerful spasmogen via B(2) receptor activation in the normal and, especially, in the inflamed human gallbladder. ..
- Cairoli R, Beghini A, Morello E, Grillo G, Montillo M, Larizza L, et al. Imatinib mesylate in the treatment of Core Binding Factor leukemias with KIT mutations. A report of three cases. Leuk Res. 2005;29:397-400 pubmed..Whether Imatinib, in combination with other agents, may play a role in the treatment of AML with more sensitive extracellular juxtamembrane KIT mutation remains to be determined. ..
- Cipolla C, Fulfaro F, Sandonato L, Fricano S, Pantuso G, Grassi N, et al. Clinical presentation and treatment of gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Tumori. 2006;92:279-84 pubmed..We present our experience in the treatment of localized and metastatic disease and a review of literature...
- Stacchiotti S, Pedeutour F, Negri T, Conca E, Marrari A, Palassini E, et al. Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans-derived fibrosarcoma: clinical history, biological profile and sensitivity to imatinib. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:1761-72 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, DFSP-derived FS maintains the fusion-gene, being sensitive to imatinib. However, responses are short-lasting. Secondary resistance to imatinib is not related to PDGFRB. ..
- Pierotti M, Negri T, Tamborini E, Perrone F, Pricl S, Pilotti S. Targeted therapies: the rare cancer paradigm. Mol Oncol. 2010;4:19-37 pubmed publisher..Finally, we highlight how a novel multidimensional approach which adds an in silico dimension to the in vitro and in vivo approach, can predict clinical results. ..
- Cadamuro M, Nardo G, Indraccolo S, Dall Olmo L, Sambado L, Moserle L, et al. Platelet-derived growth factor-D and Rho GTPases regulate recruitment of cancer-associated fibroblasts in cholangiocarcinoma. Hepatology. 2013;58:1042-53 pubmed publisher..Targeting tumor or stroma interactions with inhibitors of the PDGF-D pathway may offer a novel therapeutic approach. ..
- Atlante S, Chegaev K, Cencioni C, Guglielmo S, Marini E, Borretto E, et al. Structural and biological characterization of new hybrid drugs joining an HDAC inhibitor to different NO-donors. Eur J Med Chem. 2018;144:612-625 pubmed publisher..Thanks to their unique biological features, these compounds may represent new therapeutic tools for cardiovascular, neuromuscular and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Prunotto M, Bosco M, Daniele L, Macri L, Bonello L, Schirosi L, et al. Imatinib inhibits in vitro proliferation of cells derived from a pleural solitary fibrous tumor expressing platelet-derived growth factor receptor-beta. Lung Cancer. 2009;64:244-6 pubmed publisher..With the limit of experimental findings, our results support a possible future application of imatinib as a candidate molecule in the target therapy of malignant SFTs over-expressing wild-type PDGFR. ..
- Modugno M, Casale E, Soncini C, Rosettani P, Colombo R, Lupi R, et al. Crystal structure of the T315I Abl mutant in complex with the aurora kinases inhibitor PHA-739358. Cancer Res. 2007;67:7987-90 pubmed
- Miselli F, Casieri P, Negri T, Orsenigo M, Lagonigro M, Gronchi A, et al. c-Kit/PDGFRA gene status alterations possibly related to primary imatinib resistance in gastrointestinal stromal tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2369-77 pubmed..Our findings show that c-Kit/PDGFRA genomic alterations were present at disease onset in 1/3 of the examined cases. They therefore represent an early event possibly related to primary imatinib resistance in GISTs. ..
- De Ponti F, Crema F, Moro E, Nardelli G, Frigo G, Crema A. Role of 5-HT1B/D receptors in canine gastric accommodation: effect of sumatriptan and 5-HT1B/D receptor antagonists. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2003;285:G96-104 pubmed..In conclusion, 5-HT1B receptors seem to play an important role in modulating gastric accommodation to a distending stimulus. An exponential model for pressure-volume curves fits well with the concept of gastric adaptive relaxation. ..
- Trapani D, Esposito A, Criscitiello C, Mazzarella L, Locatelli M, Minchella I, et al. Entinostat for the treatment of breast cancer. Expert Opin Investig Drugs. 2017;26:965-971 pubmed publisher..This offers the rationale for combining HDAC inhibitors with immunotherapy, including therapeutic cancer vaccines. ..
- Morandi A, Barbetti V, Riverso M, Dello Sbarba P, Rovida E. The colony-stimulating factor-1 (CSF-1) receptor sustains ERK1/2 activation and proliferation in breast cancer cell lines. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27450 pubmed publisher..The presence of a proliferative CSF-1/CSF-1R autocrine loop involving ERK1/2 was also found. The wide expression of the CSF-1/CSF-1R pair across breast cancer cell subtypes supports CSF-1/CSF-1R targeting in breast cancer therapy. ..
- Marazziti D, Baroni S, Masala I, Giannaccini G, Betti L, Palego L, et al. [(3)H]-YM-09151-2 binding sites in human brain postmortem. Neurochem Int. 2009;55:643-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings underline that it is possible to label D(4) receptors by means of [(3)H]-YM-09151-2, provided that D(2), D(3) and sigma receptors are blocked. ..
- Stacchiotti S, Marrari A, Tamborini E, Palassini E, Virdis E, Messina A, et al. Response to imatinib plus sirolimus in advanced chordoma. Ann Oncol. 2009;20:1886-94 pubmed publisher..Imatinib (IM) is active in advanced chordoma. The evidence of upstream and/or downstream mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway activation prompted us to combine an mTOR inhibitor, sirolimus, to IM in IM-resistant advanced chordoma...
- Carella A, Garuti A, Cirmena G, Catania G, Rocco I, Palermo C, et al. Kinase domain mutations of BCR-ABL identified at diagnosis before imatinib-based therapy are associated with progression in patients with high Sokal risk chronic phase chronic myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:275-8 pubmed publisher..No low-risk patient carried KD mutation at diagnosis. In conclusion, KD mutations conferring high-level imatinib resistance are present in patients with de novo CML and in some of them lead to disease progression. ..
- Da Riva L, Bozzi F, Mondellini P, Miccichè F, Fumagalli E, Vaghi E, et al. Proteomic detection of a large amount of SCGF? in the stroma of GISTs after imatinib therapy. J Transl Med. 2011;9:158 pubmed publisher..Our studies highlight a possible role of SCGF? in imatinib-induced changes of GIST structure, consistent with a therapeutic response. ..
- Reddiconto G, Toto C, Palamà I, De Leo S, de Luca E, De Matteis S, et al. Targeting of GSK3? promotes imatinib-mediated apoptosis in quiescent CD34+ chronic myeloid leukemia progenitors, preserving normal stem cells. Blood. 2012;119:2335-45 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data gain new insight in CML biology, indicating that GSK3 inhibitors may be of therapeutic value in selectively targeting leukemia-initiating cells in combination with IM but not dasatinib. ..
- Rossi S, Miceli R, Messerini L, Bearzi I, Mazzoleni G, Capella C, et al. Natural history of imatinib-naive GISTs: a retrospective analysis of 929 cases with long-term follow-up and development of a survival nomogram based on mitotic index and size as continuous variables. Am J Surg Pathol. 2011;35:1646-56 pubmed publisher..This nomogram is a tool based on survival. It overcomes problems that result from artificial categorization of continuous variables. We believe that in the future this should also be attempted by nomograms based on the risk of relapse. ..
- Colussi C, Mozzetta C, Gurtner A, Illi B, Rosati J, Straino S, et al. HDAC2 blockade by nitric oxide and histone deacetylase inhibitors reveals a common target in Duchenne muscular dystrophy treatment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:19183-7 pubmed publisher..They also define a common target for independent pharmacological interventions in the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
- Cavalieri E, Rigo A, Bonifacio M, Carcereri de Prati A, Guardalben E, Bergamini C, et al. Pro-apoptotic activity of ?-bisabolol in preclinical models of primary human acute leukemia cells. J Transl Med. 2011;9:45 pubmed publisher..Our study provides the first evidence that ?-bisabolol is a pro-apoptotic agent for primary human acute leukemia cells. ..
- Polidori C, Ciccocioppo R, De Caro G, Massi M. Further evidence that central tachykinin NK-1 receptors mediate the inhibitory effect of tachykinins on angiotensin-induced drinking in rats. Peptides. 1998;19:149-55 pubmed..From a pharmacological point of view, the inhibitory effect of TKs on the dipsogenic action of AngII can represent a functional test for activity at central NK-1 receptors in rats. ..
- Alberti C, Pinciroli P, Valeri B, Ferri R, Ditto A, Umezawa K, et al. Ligand-dependent EGFR activation induces the co-expression of IL-6 and PAI-1 via the NFkB pathway in advanced-stage epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncogene. 2012;31:4139-49 pubmed publisher..028). This suggests that EGFR/NFkB/IL-6-PAI-1 may have a significant impact on the therapy of a particular subset of EOC, and that IL-6/PAI-1 co-expression may be a novel prognostic marker. ..