Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Norway
Topic: base sequence
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Sunde M. Class I integron with a group II intron detected in an Escherichia coli strain from a free-range reindeer. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:2512-4 pubmed..Alignments indicate that attC sites of gene cassettes may be insertion sites for introns...
- Ingerslev H, Cunningham C, Wergeland H. Cloning and expression of TNF-alpha, IL-1beta and COX-2 in an anadromous and landlocked strain of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) during the smolting period. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2006;20:450-61 pubmed publisher..The gill tissue experienced the highest expression of IL-1beta1 and COX-2 at all sampling dates indicating that this organ is immunologically important...
- Jordal A, Hordvik I, Pelsers M, Bernlohr D, Torstensen B. FABP3 and FABP10 in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.)--general effects of dietary fatty acid composition and life cycle variations. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2006;145:147-58 pubmed publisher..Significant changes in red muscle FABP3 mRNA expression correlate to significant changes in total beta-oxidation capacity during the energy consuming process of smoltification...
- Kobayashi T, Andersen Ø. The gonadotropin receptors FSH-R and LH-R of Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus), 1: isolation of multiple transcripts encoding full-length and truncated variants of FSH-R. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2008;156:584-94 pubmed publisher..Based on the DNA sequence variation and chromosomal organization of the gonadotropin receptors in several teleosts, we propose that the encoding genes have been duplicated in the fish lineage. ..
- Overgård A, Hordvik I, Nerland A, Eikeland G, Patel S. Cloning and expression analysis of Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus) CD3 genes. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2009;27:707-13 pubmed publisher..The real time RT-PCR analysis revealed a highly similar expression pattern of the CD3 genes and the TCRalpha and TCRbeta genes, indicating that the functional relationship between the TCR and the CD3 genes are preserved in teleosts...
- Karlsen O, Larsen Ø, Jensen H. Identification of a bacterial di-haem cytochrome c peroxidase from Methylomicrobium album BG8. Microbiology. 2010;156:2682-90 pubmed publisher..M. album CorB is the second isolated member of the recently described subfamily of the BCCP family of proteins. So far, these proteins have only been described in methanotrophic bacteria. ..
- Heggelund J, Burschowsky D, Bjørnestad V, Hodnik V, Anderluh G, Krengel U. High-Resolution Crystal Structures Elucidate the Molecular Basis of Cholera Blood Group Dependence. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005567 pubmed publisher..H-determinants bind with higher affinity than A-determinants, as shown by surface plasmon resonance. Together, these findings suggest why blood group O is a risk factor for severe cholera. ..
- Marvik O, Jacobsen E, Dokland T, Lindqvist B. Bacteriophage P2 and P4 morphogenesis: assembly precedes proteolytic processing of the capsid proteins. Virology. 1994;205:51-65 pubmed..This result supports the conclusion that gpO is required for both phages and strongly suggests that the O derivative, h7 (found in mature capsids), results from proteolytic cleavage after gpN/gpO coassembly...
- Reseland J, Larsen F, Solheim J, Eriksen J, Hanssen L, Prydz H. A novel human chymotrypsin-like digestive enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8099-104 pubmed
- Nilssen O, Berg T, Riise H, Ramachandran U, Evjen G, Hansen G, et al. alpha-Mannosidosis: functional cloning of the lysosomal alpha-mannosidase cDNA and identification of a mutation in two affected siblings. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:717-26 pubmed..Two affected siblings of Palestinian origin were homozygous for a mutation that causes a His-->Leu replacement at a position which is conserved among class 2 alpha-mannosidases from several species. ..
- Haug T, Skorpen F, Aas P, Malm V, Skjelbred C, Krokan H. Regulation of expression of nuclear and mitochondrial forms of human uracil-DNA glycosylase. Nucleic Acids Res. 1998;26:1449-57 pubmed..CCAAT elements were negative regulators of PB, but positive regulators of PA. These results demonstrate differential expression of mRNAs for UNG1 and UNG2 in human tissues. ..
- Heir E, Sundheim G, Holck A. The Staphylococcus qacH gene product: a new member of the SMR family encoding multidrug resistance. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1998;163:49-56 pubmed..An additional open reading frame on p2H6 encoded a putative protein with similarity to rolling circle replication proteins...
- Sundvold H, Grindflek E, Lien S. Tissue distribution of porcine peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha: detection of an alternatively spliced mRNA. Gene. 2001;273:105-13 pubmed..Porcine PPAR alpha was predominantly expressed in kidney and liver in mature individuals. When comparing piglets of a young age, a breed-specific tissue distribution of PPAR alpha mRNA was observed, particularly in liver and heart. ..
- Lindblom L, Ekman S. Molecular evidence supports the distinction between Xanthoria parietina and X. aureola (Teloschistaceae, lichenized Ascomycota). Mycol Res. 2005;109:187-99 pubmed..Haplotype networks were estimated, both of which indicate that X. parietina is distinct from X. aureola and X. calcicola. In our sample, the two latter do not share haplotypes, but are only separated by a few mutational steps. ..
- Jonassen C, Kofstad T, Larsen I, Løvland A, Handeland K, Follestad A, et al. Molecular identification and characterization of novel coronaviruses infecting graylag geese (Anser anser), feral pigeons (Columbia livia) and mallards (Anas platyrhynchos). J Gen Virol. 2005;86:1597-607 pubmed
- Seppola M, Stenvik J, Steiro K, Solstad T, Robertsen B, Jensen I. Sequence and expression analysis of an interferon stimulated gene (ISG15) from Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.). Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:156-71 pubmed..The expression of ISG15 in head kidney cells was also induced in vitro by treatment with poly I:C, but not significantly with LPS. However, injection of formalin killed Vibrio anguillarum-induced ISG15 expression in head kidney. ..
- Naseer U, Nat s O, Haldorsen B, Bue B, Grundt H, Walsh T, et al. Nosocomial outbreak of CTX-M-15-producing E. coli in Norway. APMIS. 2007;115:120-6 pubmed publisher..The outbreak emphasises the epidemic potential of multiple-antibiotic-resistant CTX-M-15-producing E. coli also in a country with low antibiotic usage and low prevalence of antimicrobial resistance...
- Leiros H, Brandsdal B, McSweeney S. Biophysical characterization and mutational analysis of the antibiotic resistance protein NimA from Deinococcus radiodurans. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1804:967-76 pubmed publisher..Mutations of His71 to Ala, Ser, Leu or Asp all gave transparent, colorless protein solutions, and the two mutant crystal structures of DrNimA-H71A and DrNimA-H71S presented revealed no cofactor binding. ..
- Berge E, Knappskog S, Geisler S, Staalesen V, Pacal M, Børresen Dale A, et al. Identification and characterization of retinoblastoma gene mutations disturbing apoptosis in human breast cancers. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:173 pubmed publisher..046). Although rare, our findings suggest RB1 mutations to be of pathological importance potentially affecting sensitivity to mitomycin/anthracycline treatment in breast cancer. ..
- Tryland M, Okeke M, Af Segerstad C, MÃ¶rner T, Traavik T, Ryser Degiorgis M. Orthopoxvirus DNA in Eurasian lynx, Sweden. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:626-32 pubmed publisher..We conclude that OPV is widely distributed in Sweden and may represent a threat to humans. Further studies are needed to verify whether this lynx OPV is cowpox virus. ..
- Johansen S, Johansen T, Haugli F. Structure and evolution of myxomycete nuclear group I introns: a model for horizontal transfer by intron homing. Curr Genet. 1992;22:297-304 pubmed..We propose a model that may explain how myxomycetes in natural environments obtained their nuclear group I introns...
- Kvingedal A. Characterization of the 5' region of the Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) transferrin-encoding gene. Gene. 1994;150:335-9 pubmed..The Atlantic salmon has two Tf genes. Comparison of the 5'-end sequences (nt -383 to +80) of the two sTf revealed only minor differences, except that the length of a CA repeat differs by 12 bp. ..
- Kvingedal A, R rvik K, Alestr m P. Cloning and characterization of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) serum transferrin cDNA. Mol Mar Biol Biotechnol. 1993;2:233-8 pubmed..Both variants were present together in genomic DNA from haploid embryos, demonstrating that Atlantic salmon have 2 transferrin genes per haploid complement. Salmon transferrin is expressed mainly in the liver...
- Thorbj rnsen T, Villand P, Kleczkowski L, Olsen O. A single gene encodes two different transcripts for the ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase small subunit from barley (Hordeum vulgare). Biochem J. 1996;313 ( Pt 1):149-54 pubmed..The results suggest that the small-subunit gene of barley AGPase transcribes two different mRNAs by a mechanism classified as alternative splicing...
- Johansen S, Bakke I. The complete mitochondrial DNA sequence of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua): relevance to taxonomic studies among codfishes. Mol Mar Biol Biotechnol. 1996;5:203-14 pubmed..Atlantic cod is the first marine bony fish whose mitochondrial genome is completely sequenced...
- Naterstad K, Lauvrak V, Sirevåg R. Malate dehydrogenase from the mesophile Chlorobium vibrioforme and from the mild thermophile Chlorobium tepidum: molecular cloning, construction of a hybrid, and expression in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:7047-52 pubmed..A hybrid mdh was constructed from the 3' part of mdh from C. tepidum and the 5' part of mdh from C. vibrioforme. The thermostabilities of the hybrid enzyme and of MDH from C. vibrioforme and C. tepidum were compared. ..
- Witczak O, Skalhegg B, Keryer G, Bornens M, Tasken K, Jahnsen T, et al. Cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding an A-kinase anchoring protein located in the centrosome, AKAP450. EMBO J. 1999;18:1858-68 pubmed..Furthermore, AKAP450 was shown to co-purify in centrosomal preparations. The observation of two mRNAs and several splice products suggests additional functions for the AKAP450 gene. ..
- Fluge Ø, Bruland O, Akslen L, Varhaug J, Lillehaug J. NATH, a novel gene overexpressed in papillary thyroid carcinomas. Oncogene. 2002;21:5056-68 pubmed
- Stene Johansen K, Jonassen T, Skaug K. Characterization and genetic variability of Hepatitis A virus genotype IIIA. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:2739-45 pubmed..This high nucleotide variability, which may be characteristic of this HAV genotype, the mode of transmission in this outbreak or parallel introductions, is discussed...
- Andersen i, Aas T, Skugor S, Takle H, van Nes S, Grisdale Helland B, et al. Purine-induced expression of urate oxidase and enzyme activity in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Cloning of urate oxidase liver cDNA from three teleost species and the African lungfish Protopterus annectens. FEBS J. 2006;273:2839-50 pubmed publisher
- Nylund S, Karlsen M, Nylund A. The complete genome sequence of the Atlantic salmon paramyxovirus (ASPV). Virology. 2008;373:137-48 pubmed
- Murashita K, Jordal A, Nilsen T, Stefansson S, Kurokawa T, Björnsson B, et al. Leptin reduces Atlantic salmon growth through the central pro-opiomelanocortin pathway. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2011;158:79-86 pubmed publisher..The results support the lipostatic hypothesis and suggest that sLepA1 reduces growth in Atlantic salmon by affecting food intake through the central pro-opiomelanocortin pathway. ..
- Andersen O, Dehli A, Standal H, Giskegjerde T, Karstensen R, R rvik K. Two ferritin subunits of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): cloning of the liver cDNAs and antibody preparation. Mol Mar Biol Biotechnol. 1995;4:164-70 pubmed..Polyclonal antibodies against both salmon ferritin H and M were raised in rabbits...
- Kauserud H, Shalchian Tabrizi K, Decock C. Multilocus sequencing reveals multiple geographically structured lineages of Coniophora arida and C. olivacea (Boletales) in North America. Mycologia. 2007;99:705-13 pubmed..Together with other recent investigations of Coniophora species our data suggest that the genus comprises a significant number of cryptic species and is much more diverse than previously deduced from morphological characteristics. ..
- Nakken S, Rødland E, Rognes T, Hovig E. Large-scale inference of the point mutational spectrum in human segmental duplications. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:43 pubmed publisher..The inferred set of nucleotide substitutions represents a valuable complement to SNPs for the analysis of genetic variation and point mutagenesis. ..
- Callaway A, Kostrzewa M, Willershausen B, Schmidt F, Thiede B, Küpper H, et al. Identification of Lactobacilli from deep carious lesions by means of species-specific PCR and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Clin Lab. 2013;59:1373-9 pubmed
- Okstad O, Gominet M, Purnelle B, Rose M, Lereclus D, Kolstø A. Sequence analysis of three Bacillus cereus loci carrying PIcR-regulated genes encoding degradative enzymes and enterotoxin. Microbiology. 1999;145 ( Pt 11):3129-38 pubmed..Genes surrounding plcA, plcR and hblCDAB that were lacking an upstream PlcR regulatory sequence did not appear to serve functions apparently related to PlcR and did not exhibit a conserved organization in Bacillus subtilis. ..
- Sperstad S, Haug T, Paulsen V, Rode T, Strandskog G, Solem S, et al. Characterization of crustins from the hemocytes of the spider crab, Hyas araneus, and the red king crab, Paralithodes camtschaticus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2009;33:583-91 pubmed publisher..It was named CruPc. Based on phylogenetic inference and primary structure, CruHa1 and CruHa2 were placed within the Type I group of crustins, while CruPc belongs to the Type II. ..
- Dissen E, Ryan J, Seaman W, Fossum S. An autosomal dominant locus, Nka, mapping to the Ly-49 region of a rat natural killer (NK) gene complex, controls NK cell lysis of allogeneic lymphocytes. J Exp Med. 1996;183:2197-207 pubmed..Their cytoplasmic domains demonstrate substantial heterogeneity, consistent with the hypothesis that different Ly-49 family members may subserve different signaling functions. ..
- Karlsen O, Ramsevik L, Bruseth L, Larsen Ø, Brenner A, Berven F, et al. Characterization of a prokaryotic haemerythrin from the methanotrophic bacterium Methylococcus capsulatus (Bath). FEBS J. 2005;272:2428-40 pubmed..A comprehensive genomic database search revealed 21 different prokaryotes containing the haemerythrin signature (PROSITE 00550), indicating that these putative haemerythrins may be a conserved prokaryotic subfamily...
- Miranda F, Kolberg M, Andersson K, Geraldes C, Martinez A. The active site residue tyrosine 325 influences iron binding and coupling efficiency in human phenylalanine hydroxylase. J Inorg Biochem. 2005;99:1320-8 pubmed..In addition, the residue appears to be important for the correct cooperative regulation by l-Phe. ..
- Brunborg I, Fossum C, Lium B, Blomqvist G, Merlot E, Jørgensen A, et al. Dynamics of serum antibodies to and load of porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) in pigs in three finishing herds, affected or not by postweaning multisystemic wasting syndrome. Acta Vet Scand. 2010;52:22 pubmed publisher..This study focused on PCV2 load and antibody dynamics in finishing herds with different PMWS status...
- Skrede I, Engh I, Binder M, Carlsen T, Kauserud H, Bendiksby M. Evolutionary history of Serpulaceae (Basidiomycota): molecular phylogeny, historical biogeography and evidence for a single transition of nutritional mode. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:230 pubmed publisher..In this study we use DNA sequence data to investigate phylogenetic relationships, historical biogeography of, and nutritional mode transitions in Serpulaceae...
- Lamark T, Røkenes T, McDougall J, Strøm A. The complex bet promoters of Escherichia coli: regulation by oxygen (ArcA), choline (BetI), and osmotic stress. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:1655-62 pubmed..Flanking DNA, presumably on the betT side of the promoter region, appeared to be needed for ArcA-dependent regulation of both promoters. ..
- Dissen E, Fossum S. Chromosomal localization of the genes encoding rat CD4, CD8alpha, and CD8beta. Immunogenetics. 1996;44:312-4 pubmed
- Njølstad P, Sagen J, Bjørkhaug L, Odili S, Shehadeh N, Bakry D, et al. Permanent neonatal diabetes caused by glucokinase deficiency: inborn error of the glucose-insulin signaling pathway. Diabetes. 2003;52:2854-60 pubmed..Autosomal recessive inheritance and enzyme deficiency are features typical for an inborn error of metabolism, which occurred in the glucose-insulin signaling pathway in these subjects. ..
- Devold M, Karlsen M, Nylund A. Sequence analysis of the fusion protein gene from infectious salmon anemia virus isolates: evidence of recombination and reassortment. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:2031-40 pubmed..This shows that recombination is one of the evolutionary mechanisms shaping the genome of ISAV. The possible importance of the INs with respect to virulence remains uncertain...
- Bristow G, Berland B, Schander C, Vo D. A new endosymbiotic bivalve (Heterodonta: Galeommatoidea), from Pacific holothurians. J Parasitol. 2010;96:532-4 pubmed publisher..It differs from Entovalva lessonothuriae Kato, 1998, in shape of its foot. Two partial cytochrome oxidase I sequences for species diagnostic use have been submitted to GenBank...
- Slettan A, Gebhardt K, Kristiansen E, Birkeland N, Lindqvist B. Escherichia coli K-12 and B contain functional bacteriophage P2 ogr genes. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:4094-100 pubmed..The cryptic ogr genes are constitutively transcribed, apparently at a higher level than the wild-type ogr gene in a P2 lysogen. ..
- Gimmestad M, Steigedal M, Ertesvåg H, Moreno S, Christensen B, Espín G, et al. Identification and characterization of an Azotobacter vinelandii type I secretion system responsible for export of the AlgE-type mannuronan C-5-epimerases. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:5551-60 pubmed..These mutants were also found to be unable to survive desiccation. The reason for this is probably that continuous stretches of guluronic acid residues are needed for alginate gel formation to take place. ..
- Akbari M, Pena Diaz J, Andersen S, Liabakk N, Otterlei M, Krokan H. Extracts of proliferating and non-proliferating human cells display different base excision pathways and repair fidelity. DNA Repair (Amst). 2009;8:834-43 pubmed publisher..These results establish two-nucleotide patch BER as a distinct POLbeta-dependent mechanism in non-proliferating cells and demonstrate that BER fidelity is lower in extracts from non-proliferating as compared with proliferating cells. ..
- Emblem A, Okkenhaug S, Weiss E, Denver D, Karlsen B, Moum T, et al. Sea anemones possess dynamic mitogenome structures. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2014;75:184-93 pubmed publisher..We conclude that sea anemone mitogenomes are surprisingly dynamic in structure despite the economical organization and low sequence mutation rate. ..
- Brekke O, Michaelsen T, Sandin R, Sandlie I. Activation of complement by an IgG molecule without a genetic hinge. Nature. 1993;363:628-30 pubmed..Because HM-1 is expected to have low Fab-Fc flexibility, this molecular feature is probably of no importance for complement activation. ..
- Brede D, Faye T, Johnsborg O, Odegård I, Nes I, Holo H. Molecular and genetic characterization of propionicin F, a bacteriocin from Propionibacterium freudenreichii. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:7303-10 pubmed..A gene encoding an ABC transporter was also identified in close proximity to the bacteriocin structural gene. The potential role of these genes in propionicin F maturation and secretion is discussed...
- Kyomuhendo P, Myrnes B, Nilsen I. A cold-active salmon goose-type lysozyme with high heat tolerance. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2007;64:2841-7 pubmed..The results point to a rapid reversal of inactivation, probably due to instant protein refolding. ..
- Male R, Lorens J, Smalas A, Torrissen K. Molecular cloning and characterization of anionic and cationic variants of trypsin from Atlantic salmon. Eur J Biochem. 1995;232:677-85 pubmed..All residues which differ in charge between anionic and cationic trypsins were located at exposed regions of the proteins. ..
- Hordvik I, Grimholt U, Fosse V, Lie O, Endresen C. Cloning and sequence analysis of cDNAs encoding the MHC class II beta chain in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). Immunogenetics. 1993;37:437-41 pubmed..The frequency of substitutions in the beta 1-encoding region exceeds that in the 3'-untranslated (UT) region with several folds, indicating extensive beta 1 polymorphism in Atlantic salmon...
- Orstavik S, Natarajan V, Tasken K, Jahnsen T, Sandberg M. Characterization of the human gene encoding the type I alpha and type I beta cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PRKG1). Genomics. 1997;42:311-8 pubmed..Northern blot analyses demonstrated distinct patterns of expression of the isoforms of type I alpha and I beta cGK in different human tissues. ..
- Tranebjaerg L, Hamel B, Gabreels F, Renier W, Van Ghelue M. A de novo missense mutation in a critical domain of the X-linked DDP gene causes the typical deafness-dystonia-optic atrophy syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2000;8:464-7 pubmed
- Morland I, Luna L, Gustad E, Seeberg E, Bjørås M. Product inhibition and magnesium modulate the dual reaction mode of hOgg1. DNA Repair (Amst). 2005;4:381-7 pubmed..These results suggest that hOgg1 mainly operates as a monofunctional glycosylase under physiological concentrations of magnesium. ..
- Andreassen R, Lunner S, Høyheim B. Characterization of full-length sequenced cDNA inserts (FLIcs) from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). BMC Genomics. 2009;10:502 pubmed publisher..The conservation of 7-mers in 3'UTRs indicates that these motifs are functionally important. Identity between some of these 7-mers and miRNA target sequences suggests that they are miRNA targets in Salmo salar transcripts as well. ..
- Bjørkeng E, Rasmussen G, Sundsfjord A, Sjöberg L, Hegstad K, Söderquist B. Clustering of polyclonal VanB-type vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium in a low-endemic area was associated with CC17-genogroup strains harbouring transferable vanB2-Tn5382 and pRUM-like repA containing plasmids with axe-txe plasmid addiction s. APMIS. 2011;119:247-58 pubmed publisher..Our observations support the notion that vanB-type vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium can persist in a low-endemic area through successful clones and plasmids with stability functions in hospital patients with known risk factors...
- Osland T, Bjorvatn B, Steen V, Pallesen S. Association study of a variable-number tandem repeat polymorphism in the clock gene PERIOD3 and chronotype in Norwegian university students. Chronobiol Int. 2011;28:764-70 pubmed publisher..The authors found no association between the PER3 clock gene and chronotype, indicating that the proposed role of PER3 needs further clarification. ..
- Gedde Dahl T, Dupuy B, Jonassen R, Winberg J, Anton Lamprecht I, Olaisen B. Junctional epidermolysis bullosa inversa (locus EBR2A) assigned to 1q31 by linkage and association to LAMC1. Hum Mol Genet. 1994;3:1387-91 pubmed..The MspI and AluI RFLPs of LAMC1 showed absolute allelic association. Each of the two RFLP haplotypes showed association to either 'long' or 'short' intron 20 STR alleles. ..
- Brzozowska A, Grimholt U, Kulseth M, Wold I, Rogne S. The sequence of porcine apolipoprotein E (APOE) cDNA. DNA Seq. 1993;4:207-10 pubmed..The porcine APOE cDNA sequence is 1122 bp in length and encodes a pre-protein of 317 amino acids. The inferred porcine amino acid sequence corresponds to the human APOE-4 isoform. ..
- Male R, Nerland A, Lorens J, Telle W, Lossius I, Totland G. The complete nucleotide sequence of the Atlantic salmon growth hormone I gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1130:345-8 pubmed..The promoter region contains a typical TATA box 21 nucleotides upstream from the transcription start site. At the 3' end, three putative poly(A) signal sequences are present. The last two are within a 121 nt inverted repeat. ..
- Dong B, Horie T, Denker E, Kusakabe T, Tsuda M, Smith W, et al. Tube formation by complex cellular processes in Ciona intestinalis notochord. Dev Biol. 2009;330:237-49 pubmed publisher..Ciona notochord tube formation utilized an assortment of common and fundamental cellular processes including cell shape change, apical membrane biogenesis, cell/cell adhesion remodeling, dynamic cell crawling, and lumen matrix secretion...
- Komisarczuk A, Kawakami K, Becker T. Cis-regulation and chromosomal rearrangement of the fgf8 locus after the teleost/tetrapod split. Dev Biol. 2009;336:301-12 pubmed publisher..We conclude that fgf8a transcriptional regulation employs pan-vertebrate and teleost-specific enhancers dispersed over three genes in the zebrafish genome. ..
- Dahl K, Lundblad E, Rokenes T, Olsvik O, Sundsfjord A. Genetic linkage of the vanB2 gene cluster to Tn5382 in vancomycin-resistant enterococci and characterization of two novel insertion sequences. Microbiology. 2000;146 ( Pt 6):1469-79 pubmed publisher..These isolates showed related PFGE patterns, suggesting possible clonal spread of a VRE strain harbouring a Tn5382-vanB2-ISEnfa200 element linked to a pbp5 gene conferring ampicillin resistance...
- Skjesol A, Hansen T, Shi C, Thim H, J rgensen J. Structural and functional studies of STAT1 from Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar). BMC Immunol. 2010;11:17 pubmed publisher..Treatment with IFNs led to nuclear translocation of STAT1 within one hour. The ability of salmon STAT1 to dimerize was also shown. The structural and functional properties of salmon STAT1 resemble the properties of mammalian STAT1...
- Mittelholzer C, Andersson E, Consten D, Hirai T, Nagahama Y, Norberg B. 20 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and CYP19A1 are differentially expressed during maturation in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). J Mol Endocrinol. 2007;39:319-28 pubmed..To find accurate standards for real-time PCR in such a dynamic organ as the cod ovary is not an easy task, and several possible solutions are discussed. ..
- Langsrud S, Møretrø T, Sundheim G. Characterization of Serratia marcescens surviving in disinfecting footbaths. J Appl Microbiol. 2003;95:186-95 pubmed..To determine if disinfecting footbaths in the food industry were contaminated with bacteria and to characterize some of the bacteria present...
- Nilsen I, Bakke I, Vader A, Olsvik O, El Gewely M. Isolation of cmr, a novel Escherichia coli chloramphenicol resistance gene encoding a putative efflux pump. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:3188-93 pubmed..We provide evidence strongly suggesting that the resistance mediated by Cmr involves active exclusion of chloramphenicol. ..
- Berg T, Hopwood J. alpha-Mannosidosis in the guinea pig: cloning of the lysosomal alpha-mannosidase cDNA and identification of a missense mutation causing alpha-mannosidosis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1586:169-76 pubmed
- Ruyter B, Andersen O, Dehli A, Ostlund Farrants A, Gjøen T, Thomassen M. Peroxisome proliferator activated receptors in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar): effects on PPAR transcription and acyl-CoA oxidase activity in hepatocytes by peroxisome proliferators and fatty acids. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1348:331-8 pubmed..6 kb sPPARgamma transcript. The activity of acyl-CoA oxidase also increased approx. 1.7-fold after administration of fibrates. These results indicate that PPAR is an important factor in mediating enzymatic response to fibrates in fish. ..
- Grotmol S, Nerland A, Biering E, Totland G, Nishizawa T. Characterization of the capsid protein gene from a nodavirus strain affecting the Atlantic halibut Hippoglossus hippoglossus and design of an optimal reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) detection assay. Dis Aquat Organ. 2000;39:79-88 pubmed..The detection limit of the PCR was 10 to 100 copies of plasmid, while the detection limit of the RT-PCR assay was 100 to 1000 copies of in vitro transcribed viral RNA...
- Stensvåg K, Haug T, Sperstad S, Rekdal O, Indrevoll B, Styrvold O. Arasin 1, a proline-arginine-rich antimicrobial peptide isolated from the spider crab, Hyas araneus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2008;32:275-85 pubmed..Synthetic arasin 1 showed antibacterial activity. A putative isoform of arasin 1, named arasin 2, was found at the genetic level, and both transcripts were shown by real-time RT-PCR to be expressed mainly in hemocytes. ..
- Rønnestad I, Murashita K, Kottra G, Jordal A, Narawane S, Jolly C, et al. Molecular cloning and functional expression of atlantic salmon peptide transporter 1 in Xenopus oocytes reveals efficient intestinal uptake of lysine-containing and other bioactive di- and tripeptides in teleost fish. J Nutr. 2010;140:893-900 pubmed publisher..Also, asPepT1 will be useful as a marker to estimate protein absorption function along the intestine under various physiological and pathological conditions. ..
- Vader A, Nielsen H, Johansen S. In vivo expression of the nucleolar group I intron-encoded I-dirI homing endonuclease involves the removal of a spliceosomal intron. EMBO J. 1999;18:1003-13 pubmed
- Heir E, Sundheim G, Holck A. The qacG gene on plasmid pST94 confers resistance to quaternary ammonium compounds in staphylococci isolated from the food industry. J Appl Microbiol. 1999;86:378-88 pubmed
- Boss R, Cosandey A, Luini M, Artursson K, Bardiau M, Breitenwieser F, et al. Bovine Staphylococcus aureus: Subtyping, evolution, and zoonotic transfer. J Dairy Sci. 2016;99:515-28 pubmed publisher..aureus between cattle and humans seems to be very limited and different hosts are not considered as a source for mutual, spontaneous infections. Spillover events, however, may happen. ..
- Luna L, Skammelsrud N, Johnsen O, Abel K, Weber B, Prydz H, et al. Structural organization and mapping of the human TCF11 gene. Genomics. 1995;27:237-44 pubmed..Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis was used to construct a physical map around TCF11, to characterize a 450-kb YAC clone that contains the gene, and to link TCF11 physically to BTR, a marker on chromosome 17. ..
- Brzozowska A, Fries R, Womack J, Grimholt U, Myklebost O, Rogne S. Isolation, sequencing, and expression analysis of a bovine apolipoprotein E (APOE) cDNA and chromosomal localization of the APOE locus. Mamm Genome. 1993;4:53-7 pubmed
- Davidsen T, Rødland E, Lagesen K, Seeberg E, Rognes T, Tønjum T. Biased distribution of DNA uptake sequences towards genome maintenance genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2004;32:1050-8 pubmed..Furthermore, uptake of such genes could provide a mechanism for facilitated recovery from DNA damage after genotoxic stress...
- Fernandes J, Macqueen D, Lee H, Johnston I. Genomic, evolutionary, and expression analyses of cee, an ancient gene involved in normal growth and development. Genomics. 2008;91:315-25 pubmed publisher..These data, together with functional screens in yeast and Caenorhabditis elegans, indicate that cee has a hitherto uncharacterized role in normal growth and development...
- Granquist E, Stuen S, Crosby L, Lundgren A, Alleman A, Barbet A. Variant-specific and diminishing immune responses towards the highly variable MSP2(P44) outer membrane protein of Anaplasma phagocytophilum during persistent infection in lambs. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;133:117-24 pubmed publisher..In addition, there was a diminishing antibody response to MSP2(P44) and to other A. phagocytophilum antigens overall with time of infection, that was not associated with clearance of the infection. ..
- Langelandsvik A, Steen I, Birkeland N, Lien T. Properties and primary structure of a thermostable L-malate dehydrogenase from Archaeoglobus fulgidus. Arch Microbiol. 1997;168:59-67 pubmed
- Reinton N, Haugen T, Orstavik S, Skalhegg B, Hansson V, Jahnsen T, et al. The gene encoding the C gamma catalytic subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase is a transcribed retroposon. Genomics. 1998;49:290-7 pubmed..Our results indicate that the C gamma gene is a retroposon specifically transcribed in primate testicular germ cells. ..
- stbye T, Galloway T, Nielsen C, Gabestad I, Bardal T. The two myostatin genes of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) are expressed in a variety of tissues. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:5249-57 pubmed..The results indicate that the role of fish myostatin may not be restricted to muscle growth regulation, but may have additional functions similar to the growth/differentiation factor-11 in mammals...