Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Japan
Topic: base sequence
Publications492 found, 100 shown here
- Lin Z, Yamasaki S, Kurazono H, Ohmura M, Karasawa T, Inoue T, et al. Cloning and sequencing of two new Verotoxin 2 variant genes of Escherichia coli isolated from cases of human and bovine diarrhea. Microbiol Immunol. 1993;37:451-9 pubmed..Search for these two new genes in other Verocytotoxin-producing E. coli strains resulted in the isolation of 2 strains carrying one of the new VT2 variant genes, one strain from Tokyo and the other from Canada. ..
- Morita M, Tasaka M, Fujisawa H. Analysis of functional domains of the packaging proteins of bacteriophage T3 by site-directed mutagenesis. J Mol Biol. 1994;235:248-59 pubmed..The inability of the group 3 mutants except gp19-H347R to package DNA in the crude system would be due to a defect in processing of concatemer DNA. gp19-H347R would be a mutant defective in the initiation event(s) of DNA packaging...
- Kameda T, Akahori A, Sonobe M, Suzuki T, Endo T, Iba H. JunD mutants with spontaneously acquired transforming potential have enhanced transactivating activity in combination with Fra-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:9369-73 pubmed
- Ishii S, Matsuda Y, Nakamura M, Waga I, Kume K, Izumi T, et al. A murine platelet-activating factor receptor gene: cloning, chromosomal localization and up-regulation of expression by lipopolysaccharide in peritoneal resident macrophages. Biochem J. 1996;314 ( Pt 2):671-8 pubmed..These induction patterns were parallel to those of tumor necrosis factor-alpha mRNA. Thus the PAFR in macrophages is important in LPS-induced pathologies. ..
- Karim M, Ohta K, Egashira M, Jinno Y, Niikawa N, Matsuda I, et al. Human ESP1/CRP2, a member of the LIM domain protein family: characterization of the cDNA and assignment of the gene locus to chromosome 14q32.3. Genomics. 1996;31:167-76 pubmed..Fluorescence in situ hybridization, using cDNA and a genome DNA fragment of the ESP1/CRP2 as probes, confirms this assignment and relegates regional localization to band 14q32.3. ..
- Iizuka M, Kubo Y, Tsunenari I, Pan C, Akiba I, Kono T. Functional characterization and localization of a cardiac-type inwardly rectifying K+ channel. Receptors Channels. 1995;3:299-315 pubmed..Using anti-CIR antiserum, the CIR was detected in myocardial cells of the atrium and the ventricular subendocardial layer, and in the cardiac ganglion. ..
- Segi E, Sugimoto Y, Yamasaki A, Aze Y, Oida H, Nishimura T, et al. Patent ductus arteriosus and neonatal death in prostaglandin receptor EP4-deficient mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;246:7-12 pubmed..They also indicate that normal function of the EP4 receptor is essential in neonatal adaptation of the circulatory system. ..
- Shirato M, Sakamoto T, Uchida Y, Nomura A, Ishii Y, Iijima H, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of Ca2+-dependent inducible nitric oxide synthase from guinea-pig lung. Biochem J. 1998;333 ( Pt 3):795-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the cloned guinea-pig iNOS is distinct in characteristics and expression from previously described iNOS forms...
- Okamoto K, Tanaka H, Makino Y, Makino I. Restoration of the glucocorticoid receptor function by the phosphodiester compound of vitamins C and E, EPC-K1 (L-ascorbic acid 2-[3,4-dihydro-2,5,7,8-tetramethyl-2-(4,8,12-trimethyltridecyl)-2H-1-benzopyran-6-yl hydrogen phosphate] potassium salt), . Biochem Pharmacol. 1998;56:79-86 pubmed..Thus, the redox state was indicated to influence glucocorticoid receptor function at various steps, and EPC-K1 may be useful in restoring the cellular glucocorticoid-responsiveness in oxidative conditions. ..
- Kurasawa M, Sato N, Matsuda A, Koshida S, Totsuka T, Obinata T. Differential expression of C-protein isoforms in developing and degenerating mouse striated muscles. Muscle Nerve. 1999;22:196-207 pubmed..We also suggest that the expression of S isoform may be stimulated in degenerating human dystrophic muscles. ..
- Kobayashi M, Fugono N, Asai Y, Yukawa H. Cloning and nucleotide sequencing of the secA gene from coryneform bacteria. Genet Anal. 1999;15:9-13 pubmed..Comparison of this aa sequence to the corresponding sequences from E. coli and B. subtilis revealed a high degree of conservation and suggested that the Br. flavum secA homolog has putative ATP binding regions. ..
- Ohashi E, Ogi T, Kusumoto R, Iwai S, Masutani C, Hanaoka F, et al. Error-prone bypass of certain DNA lesions by the human DNA polymerase kappa. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1589-94 pubmed..Therefore, our results implicate an important role for polkappa in the mutagenic bypass of certain types of DNA lesions. ..
- Kansaku N, Ohkubo T, Okabayashi H, Gu men D, Kuhnlein U, Zadworny D, et al. Cloning of duck PRL cDNA and genomic DNA. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2005;141:39-47 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the mechanisms, which regulate expression of the PRL gene, may be widely conserved in avian species...
- Ohtake S, Kimata K, Habuchi O. Recognition of sulfation pattern of chondroitin sulfate by uronosyl 2-O-sulfotransferase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39115-23 pubmed..These results suggest that 2OST may be involved in the synthesis of the highly sulfated structure found in CS-A. ..
- Chinen A, Kozlov Y, Hara Y, Izui H, Yasueda H. Innovative metabolic pathway design for efficient l-glutamate production by suppressing CO2 emission. J Biosci Bioeng. 2007;103:262-9 pubmed..glutamicuml-Glu metabolism, and this novel metabolic design will be able to increase L-Glu production yield beyond the maximum theoretical yield obtained from the conventional metabolic pathway of biosynthesis from glucose. ..
- Ogino Y, Katoh H, Kuraku S, Yamada G. Evolutionary history and functional characterization of androgen receptor genes in jawed vertebrates. Endocrinology. 2009;150:5415-27 pubmed publisher..We report here for the first time the accurate evolutionary history of AR gene and functional characterization of AR duplicates in teleost lineage...
- Tsubota T, Shimomura M, Ogura T, Seino A, Nakakura T, Mita K, et al. Molecular characterization and functional analysis of novel carboxyl/cholinesterases with GQSAG motif in the silkworm Bombyx mori. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2010;40:100-12 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that of the CCEs containing a GQSAG motif only BmJHE can function as a JH-specific degradation enzyme in the silkworm. ..
- Miyagaki Y, Kanemori Y, Baba T. Possible involvement of mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase 1, MSK1, in metaphase-II arrest through phosphorylation of EMI2 in mouse oocytes. Dev Biol. 2011;359:73-81 pubmed publisher..The phosphorylation was required for up-regulation of the EMI2 activity in the oocytes. These results suggest that mouse MSK1 may play a key role in the metaphase-II arrest through phosphorylation of EMI2. ..
- Ito K, Kidokoro K, Katsuma S, Shimada T, Yamamoto K, Mita K, et al. Positional cloning of a gene responsible for the cts mutation of the silkworm, Bombyx mori. Genome. 2012;55:493-504 pubmed publisher..These expression profiles and the cts phenotype are quite similar to those of melanin-related genes, such as Bmyellow-e and Bm-iAANAT, suggesting that BmMFS is involved in the melanin synthesis pathway. ..
- Yamaguchi R, Matsuo K, Yamazaki A, Takahashi M, Fukasawa Y, Wada M, et al. Cloning and expression of the gene for the Avi-3 antigen of Mycobacterium avium and mapping of its epitopes. Infect Immun. 1992;60:1210-6 pubmed..This mapping method would be useful in the development of a subunit vaccine consisting of an immunodominant B-cell epitope linked to a T-cell epitope in the vicinity. ..
- Date T, Tanihara K, Yamamoto S, Nomura N, Matsukage A. Two regions in human DNA polymerase beta mRNA suppress translation in Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:4859-64 pubmed..Since substitution of the rat Arg-4 codon with synonymous codons showed strong effects upon the expression level, we propose that the arg codon at the N-terminal coding region plays a role in modulating expression. ..
- Tanaka N, Taniguchi T. Cytokine gene regulation: regulatory cis-elements and DNA binding factors involved in the interferon system. Adv Immunol. 1992;52:263-81 pubmed
- Nagai H, Yuzawa H, Yura T. Regulation of the heat shock response in E coli: involvement of positive and negative cis-acting elements in translation control of sigma 32 synthesis. Biochimie. 1991;73:1473-9 pubmed..The rpoH mRNA secondary structure model suggesting an interplay between the two regions has been proposed to account for the temperature-induced sigma 32 synthesis as a primary cellular response to the heat shock stress. ..
- Tada M, Omata M, Ohto M. Analysis of ras gene mutations in human hepatic malignant tumors by polymerase chain reaction and direct sequencing. Cancer Res. 1990;50:1121-4 pubmed..These observations suggest that ras gene mutations are not related to pathogenesis of hepatocellular carcinoma, but play an important role in pathogenesis of cholangiocarcinoma. ..
- Nobukuni Y, Mitsubuchi H, Endo F, Akaboshi I, Asaka J, Matsuda I. Maple syrup urine disease. Complete primary structure of the E1 beta subunit of human branched chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase complex deduced from the nucleotide sequence and a gene analysis of patients with this disease. J Clin Invest. 1990;86:242-7 pubmed..Genomic DNA from lymphoblastoid cell lines derived from normal and five MSUD patients, in whom E1 beta was not detected by immunoblot analysis, gave the same restriction maps on Southern blot analysis. The gene has at least 80 kbp. ..
- Miwa T, Kamada S. The nucleotide sequence of a human smooth muscle (enteric type) gamma-actin cDNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:4263 pubmed
- Ikeda M, Sato T, Wachi M, Jung H, Ishino F, Kobayashi Y, et al. Structural similarity among Escherichia coli FtsW and RodA proteins and Bacillus subtilis SpoVE protein, which function in cell division, cell elongation, and spore formation, respectively. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:6375-8 pubmed..coli RodA protein functioning in determination of the cell shape and the Bacillus subtilis SpoVE protein functioning in spore formation. Probably similar functional membrane proteins are involved in these three cell cycle process. ..
- Kato Y. Cloning and DNA sequence analysis of the cDNA for the precursor of porcine follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) beta subunit. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1988;55:107-12 pubmed..Northern analysis showed that the length of the pFSH greater than subunit mRNA was about 1.8 kb. ..
- Lee L, Mizuno T, Imae Y. Thermosensing properties of Escherichia coli tsr mutants defective in serine chemoreception. J Bacteriol. 1988;170:4769-74 pubmed..Two mutations caused histidine or cysteine replacements at arginine 64, whereas three others caused isoleucine or proline replacements at threonine 156. ..
- Kasai K, Takahashi S, Murakami K, Nakayama K. Strain-specific presence of two TGN38 isoforms and absence of TGN41 in mouse. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:14471-6 pubmed..Furthermore, we failed to show the presence of TGN41 in all the strains examined. This result suggests that TGN38 may function as a monomer or a homodimer in mouse cells. ..
- Oshima M, Oshima H, Kitagawa K, Kobayashi M, Itakura C, Taketo M. Loss of Apc heterozygosity and abnormal tissue building in nascent intestinal polyps in mice carrying a truncated Apc gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:4482-6 pubmed..It is therefore unlikely that the truncated product interacts directly with the wild-type protein and causes the microadenomas by a dominant negative mechanism...
- Takebayashi K, Sasai Y, Sakai Y, Watanabe T, Nakanishi S, Kageyama R. Structure, chromosomal locus, and promoter analysis of the gene encoding the mouse helix-loop-helix factor HES-1. Negative autoregulation through the multiple N box elements. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:5150-6 pubmed..Furthermore, when the N box sequences are disrupted, this negative regulation is severely impaired. These results raise the possibility that HES-1 gene expression may be negatively autoregulated through the N box sequences. ..
- Wada A, Hirayama T, Kitao S, Fujisawa J, Hidaka Y, Shimonishi Y. Pig intestinal membrane-bound receptor (guanylyl cyclase) for heat-stable enterotoxin: cDNA cloning, functional expression, and characterization. Microbiol Immunol. 1994;38:535-41 pubmed..The CHO cell line overexpressing the pig recombinant STa receptor specifically bound to a photoaffinity-labeled analog of STa and showed marked elevation of the cellular content of cGMP in response to STa. ..
- Yoshikawa S, Miyamoto I, Aruga J, Furuichi T, Okano H, Mikoshiba K. Isolation of a Drosophila gene encoding a head-specific guanylyl cyclase. J Neurochem. 1993;60:1570-3 pubmed..The enriched distribution in the eye suggests that dgc1 may have a role in phototransduction. ..
- Gotoh Y, Matsuda S, Takenaka K, Hattori S, Iwamatsu A, Ishikawa M, et al. Characterization of recombinant Xenopus MAP kinase kinases mutated at potential phosphorylation sites. Oncogene. 1994;9:1891-8 pubmed..These results may suggest an essential role for Ser222 phosphorylation in activating Xenopus MAPKK. ..
- Mitsuhashi W, Saito H, Sato M, Nakashima N, Noda H. Complete nucleotide sequence of spheroidin gene of Anomala cuprea entomopoxvirus. Virus Res. 1998;55:61-9 pubmed..The number of cysteine residues and N-glycosylation sites also depended on the difference in genera (A or B). Thus, the spheroidin gene of EPVs was well conserved within the same genus...
- Kido S, Miyamoto K, Mizobuchi H, Taketani Y, Ohkido I, Ogawa N, et al. Identification of regulatory sequences and binding proteins in the type II sodium/phosphate cotransporter NPT2 gene responsive to dietary phosphate. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:28256-63 pubmed..The feeding of a low P(i) diet significantly increased the amount of TFE3 mRNA in the kidney. These findings suggest that TFE3 may participate in the transcriptional regulation of the NPT2 gene by dietary P(i). ..
- Mori M, Hosokawa M, Ogasawara Y, Tsukada E, Chiba K. cDNA cloning, characterization and stable expression of novel human brain carboxylesterase. FEBS Lett. 1999;458:17-22 pubmed..1994) Brain Res. 658, 163-167], these CES isozymes may function as a blood-brain barrier to protect the central nervous system from ester or amide compounds. ..
- Matsui I, Matsui E, Sakai Y, Kikuchi H, Kawarabayasi Y, Ura H, et al. The molecular structure of hyperthermostable aromatic aminotransferase with novel substrate specificity from Pyrococcus horikoshii. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:4871-9 pubmed..The enzyme recognizes the aromatic substrate by hydrophobic interaction with aromatic rings (Phe(121) and Tyr(59)*) and probably recognizes acidic substrates by a hydrophilic interaction involving a hydrogen bond network with Thr(264)*...
- Yamauchi S, Mita S, Matsubara T, Fukuta M, Habuchi H, Kimata K, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of chondroitin 4-sulfotransferase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:8975-81 pubmed..Northern blot analysis showed that, among various mouse adult tissues, 5.7-kilobase message of C4ST was mainly expressed in the brain and kidney. ..
- Nakamura M, Ito S, Terasaki H, Miyake Y. Novel CACNA1F mutations in Japanese patients with incomplete congenital stationary night blindness. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:1610-6 pubmed..Five novel mutations were identified in the CACNA1F in five Japanese families with incomplete CSNB, leading to the conclusion that in most Japanese patients, incomplete CSNB is caused by a CACNA1F mutation. ..
- Yamaguchi Y, Nagase T, Makita R, Fukuhara S, Tomita T, Tominaga T, et al. Identification of multiple novel epididymis-specific beta-defensin isoforms in humans and mice. J Immunol. 2002;169:2516-23 pubmed..Our findings indicated that multiple beta-defensin isoforms specifically and cooperatively contribute to the innate immunity of the urogenital system. ..
- Shimizu T, Onuma T, Kawamori R, Makita Y, Tomino Y. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene and the development of diabetic nephropathy. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2002;58:179-85 pubmed..88). We conclude that there is no association of the ecNOS gene polymorphism with the development of diabetic nephropathy in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Characterization of RUSC1 and RUSC2 genes in silico. Oncol Rep. 2004;12:933-8 pubmed..RUSC1, RUSC2, RIPX, RUFY1, RUFY2, RUTBC1, RUTBC2, RUTBC3, RUB6IP1, and PLEKHM1 were RUN domain proteins within the human proteome. This is the first report on comprehensive characterization of RUSC1 and RUSC2 orthologs. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Characterization of KIF12 gene in silico. Oncol Rep. 2005;13:367-70 pubmed..KIF12 mRNA was expressed in fetal liver, adult brain and pancreatic islet as well as in kidney tumors, uterus cancer and pancreatic cancer. This is the first report on comprehensive characterization of the human KIF12 gene. ..
- Noda D, Itoh S, Watanabe Y, Inamitsu M, Dennler S, Itoh F, et al. ELAC2, a putative prostate cancer susceptibility gene product, potentiates TGF-beta/Smad-induced growth arrest of prostate cells. Oncogene. 2006;25:5591-600 pubmed..Furthermore, activation of the p21 CDK inhibitor promoter by TGF-beta is potentiated by ELAC2. Taken together our data indicate an important transcriptional scaffold function for ELAC2 in TGF-beta/Smad signaling mediated growth arrest. ..
- Hosomi A, Kawanishi Y, Tanaka N, Takegawa K. PXA domain-containing protein Pxa1 is required for normal vacuole function and morphology in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:548-56 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that Pxa1 protein is required for normal vacuole function and morphology in S. pombe. ..
- Katoh M, Katoh M. Integrative genomic analyses of WNT11: transcriptional mechanisms based on canonical WNT signals and GATA transcription factors signaling. Int J Mol Med. 2009;24:247-51 pubmed..Canonical WNT-to-WNT11 signaling loop is involved in cellular migration during embryogenesis as well as tumor invasion during carcinogenesis. ..
- Ikeda K, Fukushima T, Ogura H, Tsukui T, Mishina M, Muramatsu M, et al. Estrogen regulates the expression of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor subunit epsilon 4 (Grin2d), that is essential for the normal sexual behavior in female mice. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:806-10 pubmed publisher..Moreover, estrogen-induced lordosis response was decreased in Grin2d-knockout mice. These results suggest that estrogen regulates lordosis behavior through the regulation of Grin2d expression in the hypothalamus of female mice. ..
- Azakami H, Sugino H, Murooka Y. Cloning and nucleotide sequence of a negative regulator gene for Klebsiella aerogenes arylsulfatase synthesis and identification of the gene as folA. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:2344-51 pubmed..Transfer of a plasmid containing the E. coli folA gene into atsR mutant cells of K. aerogenes resulted in repression of the arylsulfatase synthesis. Thus, we conclude that the folA gene codes a negative regulator for the ats operon. ..
- Tamaru M, Nagao Y, Taira M, Tatibana M, Masamune Y, Nakanishi Y. Selective activation of testis-specific genes in cultured rat spermatogenic cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1049:331-8 pubmed..Thus, this culture system may be useful for studying the molecular mechanism underlying mammalian spermatogenic gene expression. ..
- Matsuyama T, Hata R, Tagaya M, Yamamoto Y, Nakajima T, Furuyama J, et al. Fas antigen mRNA induction in postischemic murine brain. Brain Res. 1994;657:342-6 pubmed..A marked induction of Fas mRNA expression was detected in the brains of mice 6 h after 30 min of cerebral ischemia. These results suggest a possible apoptotic mechanism for cell death, mediated by the Fas antigen, in postischemic brain. ..
- Kobayashi T, Ikeda K, Ichikawa T, Abe S, Togashi S, Kumanishi T. Molecular cloning of a mouse G-protein-activated K+ channel (mGIRK1) and distinct distributions of three GIRK (GIRK1, 2 and 3) mRNAs in mouse brain. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;208:1166-73 pubmed
- Gomi H, Ikeda T, Kunieda T, Itohara S, Prusiner S, Yamanouchi K. Prion protein (PrP) is not involved in the pathogenesis of spongiform encephalopathy in zitter rats. Neurosci Lett. 1994;166:171-4 pubmed..These results indicate that PrP is not involved in the pathogenesis of spongiform encephalopathy in zitter rats. ..
- Yukawa K, Yasui T, Yamamoto A, Shiku H, Kishimoto T, Kikutani H. Epoc-1: a POU-domain gene expressed in murine epidermal basal cells and thymic stromal cells. Gene. 1993;133:163-9 pubmed..These results suggest that Epoc-1 might be one of the developmental regulators which controls epidermal development and thymic organogenesis. ..
- Michikawa Y, Baba T, Arai Y, Sakakura T, Kusakabe M. Structure and organization of the gene encoding a mouse mitochondrial stress-70 protein. FEBS Lett. 1993;336:27-33 pubmed..Moreover, the first intron is interrupted within the amino-terminal leader sequence, the pattern of which is similar to that of cytochrome c1 located in the mitochondria. ..
- Nakano K, Matuda S, Sakamoto T, Takase C, Nakagawa S, Ohta S, et al. Human dihydrolipoamide succinyltransferase: cDNA cloning and localization on chromosome 14q24.2-q24.3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1216:360-8 pubmed..Interestingly, the gene for the dihydrolipoamide acyltransferase of the branched chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase complex is also located on chromosome 1p31 (Zneimer et al. (1991) Genomics 10, 740-747). ..
- Yamashita T, Shinohara K, Yamashita Y. Expression cloning of complementary DNA encoding three distinct isoforms of guinea pig Fc receptor for IgG1 and IgG2. J Immunol. 1993;151:2014-23 pubmed..These results suggest that the inserted sequences of Fc gamma 1/gamma 2R-B2 and -B3 are important to generate responses specific for B lymphocytes, which may include regulation of cell activation. ..
- Yamada M, Sumi K, Matsushita K, Adachi O, Yamada Y. Topological analysis of quinoprotein glucose dehydrogenase in Escherichia coli and its ubiquinone-binding site. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:12812-7 pubmed..coli. ..
- Xuan X, Maeda K, Tohya Y, Mikami T, Otsuka H. Identification and nucleotide sequence of the thymidine kinase gene of canine herpesvirus. Virus Genes. 1996;12:185-8 pubmed..Northern-blot analysis revealed 1.3 kb and 5.0 kb mRNAs as the TK-specific transcripts. It is probable that the 1.3 kb transcript codes for the CHV TK and that the 5.0 kb transcript codes for the CHV TK and the downstream sequence...
- Kumazawa Y, Ota H, Nishida M, Ozawa T. Gene rearrangements in snake mitochondrial genomes: highly concerted evolution of control-region-like sequences duplicated and inserted into a tRNA gene cluster. Mol Biol Evol. 1996;13:1242-54 pubmed publisher..The secondary structures of the determined tRNA genes point to the operation of simplification pressure on the T psi C arm of snake mitochondrial tRNAs...
- Nakagawa H, Murata Y, Koyama K, Fujiyama A, Miyoshi Y, Monden M, et al. Identification of a brain-specific APC homologue, APCL, and its interaction with beta-catenin. Cancer Res. 1998;58:5176-81 pubmed..These results suggest that the APCL protein may be involved in the Wnt/Wingless signal pathway, and the identification of a novel relative of APC may provide new insights into the function of APC. ..
- Nakamura K, Fujii Y, Shibata T, Yamane K. Depletion of Escherichia coli 4.5S RNA leads to an increase in the amount of protein elongation factor EF-G associated with ribosomes. Eur J Biochem. 1999;259:543-50 pubmed..5S RNA is concerned with the mode of association of EF-G with the ribosomes. Moreover, this function depends on the secondary structure of 4.5S RNA as well as a ten-base sequence conserved between the two RNAs. ..
- Fujiwara K, Suzuki M, Okumachi Y, Okamura Ikeda K, Fujiwara T, Takahashi E, et al. Molecular cloning, structural characterization and chromosomal localization of human lipoyltransferase gene. Eur J Biochem. 1999;260:761-7 pubmed..Some alternatively spliced mRNA species were found by 5'-RACE analysis, and the most abundant species lacks the third exon. The human lipoyltransferase gene was localized to chromosome band 2q11.2 by fluorescence in situ hybridization. ..
- Ide H. DNA substrates containing defined oxidative base lesions and their application to study substrate specificities of base excision repair enzymes. Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol. 2001;68:207-21 pubmed..The repair efficiency of BER enzymes is affected by surrounding sequence contexts. In general, the sequence context effect appears to be more pronounced for Fpg homologs than Endo III homologs. ..
- Seo S, Hara K, Kubosaki A, Nasu Y, Nishimura T, Saeki K, et al. Comparative analysis of the prion protein open reading frame nucleotide sequences of two wild ruminants, the moufflon and golden takin. Intervirology. 2001;44:359-63 pubmed..These PrP genes could be used to establish transgenic mice with higher susceptibility to prion-related diseases. ..
- Kimura A, Adachi N, Horikoshi M. Series of vectors to evaluate the position and the order of two different affinity tags for purification of protein complexes. Anal Biochem. 2003;314:253-9 pubmed..These vectors provide a convenient way to select the best position of tags for efficient purification of protein complexes also applicable in proteomics studies. ..
- Suzuki A, Iwama A, Miyashita H, Nakauchi H, Taniguchi H. Role for growth factors and extracellular matrix in controlling differentiation of prospectively isolated hepatic stem cells. Development. 2003;130:2513-24 pubmed..These are the first findings to illustrate the mechanism of hepatic stem cell differentiation in liver development. ..
- Miyazaki Y, Nakamura M, Babasaki K. Molecular cloning of developmentally specific genes by representational difference analysis during the fruiting body formation in the basidiomycete Lentinula edodes. Fungal Genet Biol. 2005;42:493-505 pubmed..edodes. ..
- Yamamoto H, Tani Y, Kobayashi K, Taketani Y, Sato T, Arai H, et al. Alternative promoters and renal cell-specific regulation of the mouse type IIa sodium-dependent phosphate cotransporter gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1732:43-52 pubmed..These data suggested that two alternative promoters control the renal expression of Npt2a gene and both Npt2a variant transcripts are down regulated in Hyp mice. ..
- Okamoto A, Tainaka K, Kamei T. Sequence-selective osmium oxidation of DNA: efficient distinction between 5-methylcytosine and cytosine. Org Biomol Chem. 2006;4:1638-40 pubmed
- Hirono I, Kondo H, Koyama T, Arma N, Hwang J, Nozaki R, et al. Characterization of Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) NK-lysin, an antimicrobial peptide. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2007;22:567-75 pubmed..A synthesized NK-lysin peptide, consisting of 27 amino acid residues, showed antimicrobial activity against Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Photobacterium damselae subsp. piscicida. ..
- Shahcheraghi F, Minato Y, Chen J, Mizushima T, Ogawa W, Kuroda T, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a multidrug efflux pump, SmfY, from Serratia marcescens. Biol Pharm Bull. 2007;30:798-800 pubmed..Sequence analysis revealed that the SmfY was a multidrug efflux pump of the MF (Major Facilitator) superfamily transporters. This is the first report of a multidrug efflux pump belonging to the MF superfamily in S. marcescens. ..
- Ito K, Kidokoro K, Sezutsu H, Nohata J, Yamamoto K, Kobayashi I, et al. Deletion of a gene encoding an amino acid transporter in the midgut membrane causes resistance to a Bombyx parvo-like virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:7523-7 pubmed publisher..This is a previously undescribed report of positional cloning of a mutant gene in Bombyx and isolation of an absolute virus resistance gene in insects...
- Tsugita M, Iwasaki Y, Nishiyama M, Taguchi T, Shinahara M, Taniguchi Y, et al. Differential regulation of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type-1 and -2 gene transcription by proinflammatory cytokines in vascular smooth muscle cells. Life Sci. 2008;83:426-32 pubmed publisher..e. conversion from inactive cortisone to active cortisol, by modifying the expression of both 11beta-HSD-1 and 11beta-HSD-2. ..
- Kato T, Tanabe S, Nishimura M, Ohtake Y, Nishizawa Y, Shimizu T, et al. Differential responses of rice to inoculation with wild-type and non-pathogenic mutants of Magnaporthe oryzae. Plant Mol Biol. 2009;70:617-25 pubmed publisher..oryzae commence before fungal penetration of the rice cell. In situ detection of mRNAs for peroxidase and beta-1,3-glucanase showed that expression of these genes also occurs after penetration as observed for phytoalexin production...
- Tatsuno S, Arakawa K, Kinashi H. Extensive mutational analysis of modular-iterative mixed polyketide biosynthesis of lankacidin in Streptomyces rochei. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2009;73:2712-9 pubmed
- Semba H, Ichige E, Imanaka T, Atomi H, Aoyagi H. Efficient production of active form recombinant cassava hydroxynitrile lyase using Escherichia coli in low-temperature culture. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;643:133-44 pubmed publisher..Low-temperature cultivation is very effective in improving the productivity of the active form of MeHNL and has more potential for large-scale production of MeHNL for optically active cyanohydrin production. ..
- Hama R, Watanabe Y, Shinada K, Yamada Y, Ogata Y, Yoshida Y, et al. Characterization of DNA hypermethylation in two cases of peritoneal mesothelioma. Tumour Biol. 2012;33:2031-40 pubmed publisher..However, KAZALD1 was highly methylated in sarcomatoid-type peritoneal mesothelioma. We first report that the KAZALD1 gene was hypermethylated in sarcomatoid-type malignant peritoneal mesothelioma. ..
- Adachi M, Sekiya M, Miyachi T, Matsuno K, Hinoda Y, Imai K, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel protein-tyrosine phosphatase SH-PTP3 with sequence similarity to the src-homology region 2. FEBS Lett. 1992;314:335-9 pubmed
- Shirotani T, Kishikawa H, Wake N, Miyamura N, Hashimoto Y, Motoyoshi S, et al. Thyroxine-binding globulin variant (TBG-Kumamoto): identification of a point mutation and genotype analysis of its family. Endocrinol Jpn. 1992;39:577-84 pubmed..These results indicate that the abnormality of TBG-Kumamoto is the consequence of this mutation. Genetically, this point mutation observed in TBG-Kumamoto might be classified as a new type of TBG deficiency. ..
- Seki S, Hatsushika M, Watanabe S, Akiyama K, Nagao K, Tsutsui K. cDNA cloning, sequencing, expression and possible domain structure of human APEX nuclease homologous to Escherichia coli exonuclease III. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1131:287-99 pubmed
- Makino K, Kim S, Shinagawa H, Amemura M, Nakata A. Molecular analysis of the cryptic and functional phn operons for phosphonate use in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:2665-72 pubmed..Studies of the structure, regulation, and function of the phn region suggest that the phosphate starvation-inducible phn operon consists of 14 cistrons from phnC to phnP. ..
- Tanaka K, Muramatsu S, Yamada H, Mizuno T. Systematic characterization of curved DNA segments randomly cloned from Escherichia coli and their functional significance. Mol Gen Genet. 1991;226:367-76 pubmed..It was also demonstrated that an E. coli histone-like protein, named H-NS (or H1a), exhibits a strong affinity for naturally occurring curved DNA sequences in regions upstream promoters. ..
- Kimura C, Ohkubo S, Ogi K, Hosoya M, Itoh Y, Onda H, et al. A novel peptide which stimulates adenylate cyclase: molecular cloning and characterization of the ovine and human cDNAs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;166:81-9 pubmed..Cloning of PACAP38 cDNAs confirms the expression of the corresponding mRNAs and the presence of this neuropeptide in ovine hypothalamus and also in human testis. ..
- Ogawa H, Konishi K, Takata Y, Nakashima H, Fujioka M. Rat glycine methyltransferase. Complete amino acid sequence deduced from a cDNA clone and characterization of the genomic DNA. Eur J Biochem. 1987;168:141-51 pubmed..TATA, CAAT and GC sequences, and the complementary sequence to the enhancer core element, were located upstream of the transcription initiation site. ..
- Nasu K, Ishida T, Setoguchi M, Higuchi Y, Akizuki S, Yamamoto S. Expression of wild-type and mutated rabbit osteopontin in Escherichia coli, and their effects on adhesion and migration of P388D1 cells. Biochem J. 1995;307 ( Pt 1):257-65 pubmed..rOP had no chemotactic effect on P388D1 cells. Significant polymorphonuclear leucocyte migration was observed 3-12 h after intradermal injection of rOP into rabbits. ..
- Sohda M, Misumi Y, Fujiwara T, Nishioka M, Ikehara Y. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of a human 372-kDA protein localized in the Golgi complex. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;205:1399-408 pubmed..These results indicate that the 372-kDa antigen is cytoplasmically disposed and anchored to the Golgi membrane by the COOH-terminal hydrophobic domain. ..
- Ikeda T, Honjo K, Hirota Y, Onodera T. Isolation of the chicken NF-kappa B p65 subunit-encoding cDNA and characterization of its products. Gene. 1993;133:237-42 pubmed..Immunoprecipitation analysis showed that p65 formed a complex(es) with multiple cellular proteins, including p50, p105 and c-Rel in chicken spleen cells. ..
- Shimizu H, Ito M, Miyahara M, Ichikawa K, Okubo S, Konishi T, et al. Characterization of the myosin-binding subunit of smooth muscle myosin phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:30407-11 pubmed..Myosin binding and binding to the catalytic subunit are properties of a 58,000-Da fragment that represents the N-terminal part of the molecule. ..