Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Germany
Topic: base sequence
Publications589 found, 100 shown here
- Begitt A, Meyer T, van Rossum M, Vinkemeier U. Nucleocytoplasmic translocation of Stat1 is regulated by a leucine-rich export signal in the coiled-coil domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:10418-23 pubmed..These data suggest that Stats are actively exported from the nucleus via several separate pathways and link this activity to transcriptional activation. ..
- Grunder S, Geisler H, Rainier S, Fink J. Acid-sensing ion channel (ASIC) 4 gene: physical mapping, genomic organisation, and evaluation as a candidate for paroxysmal dystonia. Eur J Hum Genet. 2001;9:672-6 pubmed..It remains to be established if mutations in ASIC4 or other ASIC subunits may cause neurological disorders. ..
- Hofbauer M, Wiesener S, Babbe H, Roers A, Wekerle H, Dornmair K, et al. Clonal tracking of autoaggressive T cells in polymyositis by combining laser microdissection, single-cell PCR, and CDR3-spectratype analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:4090-5 pubmed..This approach should be applicable to other inflammatory and autoimmune disorders. ..
- Bräuer A, Savaskan N, Kuhn H, Prehn S, Ninnemann O, Nitsch R. A new phospholipid phosphatase, PRG-1, is involved in axon growth and regenerative sprouting. Nat Neurosci. 2003;6:572-8 pubmed..Thus, we propose a novel mechanism by which axons are able to control phospholipid-mediated signaling and overcome the growth-inhibiting, phospholipid-rich environment of the extracellular space. ..
- Zumkeller W, Orth U, Gal A. Three novel PAX6 mutations in patients with aniridia. Mol Pathol. 2003;56:180-3 pubmed..To describe mutations in the PAX6 gene in five patients with aniridia from three unrelated families...
- Steidl S, Schüle S, Mühlebach M, Stitz J, Boller K, Cichutek K, et al. Genetic engineering of onco/lentivirus hybrids results in formation of infectious but not of replication-competent viruses. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:665-78 pubmed..Thus, MLV-based pseudotype vectors carrying Env variants of HIV-1 or SIVagm are not prone to form replication-competent retroviruses, suggesting a favourable safety profile for MLV-based CD4-specific pseudotype vectors. ..
- Pohlers M, Truss M, Frede U, Scholz A, Strehle M, Kuban R, et al. A role for E2F6 in the restriction of male-germ-cell-specific gene expression. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1051-7 pubmed..Thus, E2F6 is essential for the long-term somatic silencing of certain male-germ-cell-specific genes, but it is dispensable for cell-cycle regulation. ..
- Jaudszus A, Foerster M, Kroegel C, Wolf I, Jahreis G. Cis-9,trans-11-CLA exerts anti-inflammatory effects in human bronchial epithelial cells and eosinophils: comparison to trans-10,cis-12-CLA and to linoleic acid. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1737:111-8 pubmed..Thus, targeting PPARgamma, cis-9,trans-11-CLA might be of therapeutic value in the focus of airway disease while ameliorating inflammatory processes by affecting epithelial and eosinophil functions. ..
- Ohnesorg T, Adamski J. Analysis of the 5' flanking regions of human and murine HSD17B7: identification of a cholesterol dependent enhancer region. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2006;248:164-7 pubmed..The results of our study lead us to the conclusion that HSD17B7 is involved in postsqualene cholesterol biosynthesis in both human and mice. ..
- Vieth S, Drosten C, Lenz O, Vincent M, Omilabu S, Hass M, et al. RT-PCR assay for detection of Lassa virus and related Old World arenaviruses targeting the L gene. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2007;101:1253-64 pubmed
- Schares G, Vrhovec M, Pantchev N, Herrmann D, Conraths F. Occurrence of Toxoplasma gondii and Hammondia hammondi oocysts in the faeces of cats from Germany and other European countries. Vet Parasitol. 2008;152:34-45 pubmed publisher..A PCR-RFLP analysis for the SAG2, SAG3, GRA6 and BTUB genes revealed T. gondii genotype II in all cases. Morphologically, H. hammondi oocysts exhibited a statistically significantly smaller Length-Width-Ratio than T. gondii oocysts...
- Rivera Brugués N, Albrecht B, Wieczorek D, Schmidt H, Keller T, Gohring I, et al. Cohen syndrome diagnosis using whole genome arrays. J Med Genet. 2011;48:136-40 pubmed publisher..This report presents an example of how microarrays can be used to identify autosomal recessive syndromes and to extend the phenotypic and mutational spectrum of recessive disorders. ..
- Walz C, Erben P, Ritter M, Bloor A, Metzgeroth G, Telford N, et al. Response of ETV6-FLT3-positive myeloid/lymphoid neoplasm with eosinophilia to inhibitors of FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3. Blood. 2011;118:2239-42 pubmed publisher..This report highlights the importance of a careful diagnostic workup for eosinophilia-associated neoplasms to evaluate the possibility of TK inhibitor therapy. ..
- Paululat A, Heinisch J. New yeast/E. coli/Drosophila triple shuttle vectors for efficient generation of Drosophila P element transformation constructs. Gene. 2012;511:300-5 pubmed publisher..The new set of triple shuttle vectors will be highly beneficial for the rapid construction of complex Drosophila transformation plasmids. ..
- Grefen C. The split-ubiquitin system for the analysis of three-component interactions. Methods Mol Biol. 2014;1062:659-78 pubmed publisher..SUB assays can be used to check several putative interaction couples and to screen for novel interaction partners in different ways. ..
- Hartmann T, Zhang B, Baronian G, Schulthess B, Homerova D, Grubmüller S, et al. Catabolite control protein E (CcpE) is a LysR-type transcriptional regulator of tricarboxylic acid cycle activity in Staphylococcus aureus. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:36116-28 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that CcpE is a major direct positive regulator of the TCA cycle gene citB. ..
- Holtschmidt H, Sandhoff K, Furst W, Kwon H, Schnabel D, Suzuki K. The organization of the gene for the human cerebroside sulfate activator protein. FEBS Lett. 1991;280:267-70 pubmed..All exons and exon/intron splice junctions and five introns were sequenced. Exon 8 consists of only 9 bp and is involved in alternative splicing which generates three different mRNAs of cerebroside sulfate activator precursor. ..
- Kharitonenkov A, Schnekenburger J, Chen Z, Knyazev P, Ali S, Zwick E, et al. Adapter function of protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1D in insulin receptor/insulin receptor substrate-1 interaction. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:29189-93 pubmed..The formation of a multiprotein signaling complex involving the insulin receptor, PTP1D, and IRS-1 enhances cellular glucose uptake, a critical process in the physiological action of insulin. ..
- Hardt W, Warnecke J, Erdmann V, Hartmann R. Rp-phosphorothioate modifications in RNase P RNA that interfere with tRNA binding. EMBO J. 1995;14:2935-44 pubmed..coli, Bacillus subtilis and Chromatium vinosum, suggesting that pro-Rp phosphate oxygens of mature tRNA contribute relatively little to the formation of the tRNA-RNase P RNA complex. ..
- Nöthen M, Erdmann J, Shimron Abarbanell D, Propping P. Identification of genetic variation in the human serotonin 1D beta receptor gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;205:1194-200 pubmed..To our knowledge, the Phe-124-Cys substitution is the first natural occurring molecular variant which has been identified for the 5-HT1D beta receptor so far. ..
- Kalies K, Hartmann E. Membrane topology of the 12- and the 25-kDa subunits of the mammalian signal peptidase complex. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3925-9 pubmed..Therefore, SPC12 and SPC25 are likely to be involved in processes other than the enzymatic cleavage of the signal sequence. ..
- Feldmann H, Bugany H, Mahner F, Klenk H, Drenckhahn D, Schnittler H. Filovirus-induced endothelial leakage triggered by infected monocytes/macrophages. J Virol. 1996;70:2208-14 pubmed..Clin. Invest. 19:1301-1309, 1993) and monocytes/macrophages and the permeability-increasing effect of virus-induced cytokine release provide the first experimental data for a novel concept in the pathogenesis of viral hemorrhagic fever. ..
- Reimann I, Werner O. Use of the polymerase chain reaction for the detection of reticuloendotheliosis virus in Marek's disease vaccines and chicken tissues. Zentralbl Veterinarmed B. 1996;43:75-84 pubmed..The PCR results correlated well with the diagnosis obtained by conventional procedures, i.e. virus isolation or indirect immuno-fluorescence test (IIFT)...
- Ramming M, Betz H, Kirsch J. Analysis of the promoter region of the murine gephyrin gene. FEBS Lett. 1997;405:137-40 pubmed..Our data are consistent with the widespread expression of the gephyrin gene in most mammalian tissues. ..
- Frieser M, Nöckel H, Pausch F, Roder C, Hahn A, Deutzmann R, et al. Cloning of the mouse laminin alpha 4 cDNA. Expression in a subset of endothelium. Eur J Biochem. 1997;246:727-35 pubmed..The data demonstrate a cytokine and progesterone-regulated differential expression of laminin alpha 4 mRNA in mouse endothelium, suggesting a distinct functional role for this laminin chain in endothelium. ..
- Teich N, MOssner J, Keim V. Mutations of the cationic trypsinogen in hereditary pancreatitis. Hum Mutat. 1998;12:39-43 pubmed..As a model of pathogenesis, we hypothesize that mutation of trypsinogen in exon 2 could lead to premature cleavage of the activation peptide of trypsinogen or to altered intracellular transport. ..
- Hartig E, Zumft W. The requirement of RpoN (sigma factor sigma54) in denitrification by Pseudomonas stutzeri is indirect and restricted to the reduction of nitrite and nitric oxide. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1998;64:3092-5 pubmed
- Lipski A, Reichert K, Reuter B, Sproer C, Altendorf K. Identification of bacterial isolates from biofilters as Paracoccus alkenifer sp. nov. and Paracoccus solventivorans with emended description of Paracoccus solventivorans. Int J Syst Bacteriol. 1998;48 Pt 2:529-36 pubmed..alkenifer and Paracoccus kocurii. By means of a GC-MS method, diaminopimelic acid was detected for P. solventivorans. Based on these results we propose an emended description for the species P. solventivorans...
- Hombach Klonisch S, Abd Elnaeim M, Skidmore J, Leiser R, Fischer B, Klonisch T. Ruminant relaxin in the pregnant one-humped camel (Camelus dromedarius). Biol Reprod. 2000;62:839-46 pubmed..Weak expression of immunoreactive relaxin, but not relaxin mRNA, was observed in villous trophoblast cells. Pseudostratified trophoblast cells at the base of the placental villi and multinucleate giant cells did not express relaxin. ..
- Nickelsen J. Mutations at three different nuclear loci of Chlamydomonas suppress a defect in chloroplast psbD mRNA accumulation. Curr Genet. 2000;37:136-42 pubmed..Expression of the psbA gene is not compromised in these strains. Genetic crosses revealed that the suppressor mutations affect three unlinked nuclear loci, which may encode new factors involved in psbD gene expression. ..
- Rinck G, Birghan C, Harada T, Meyers G, Thiel H, Tautz N. A cellular J-domain protein modulates polyprotein processing and cytopathogenicity of a pestivirus. J Virol. 2001;75:9470-82 pubmed publisher..Regulated expression of Jiv in cells infected with noncytopathogenic bovine viral diarrhea virus disclosed a direct correlation between the intracellular level of Jiv, the extent of NS2-3 cleavage, and pestiviral cytopathogenicity...
- Conrad K, Deppe A, Neumann S, Breen M, Quignon P, Andre C, et al. Characterization and chromosome assignment of the canine gamma-sarcoglycan gene (SGCG) to CFA 25q21-->q23. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;94:186-9 pubmed..The chromosome assignment of the canine SGCG gene to CFA 25q21-->q23 confirms that the canine syntenic group 10 corresponds to CFA 25 and also supports the findings of human-canine reciprocal chromosome painting. ..
- Oehlmann V, Korte H, Sterner C, Korsching S. A neuropeptide FF-related gene is expressed selectively in neurons of the terminal nerve in Danio rerio. Mech Dev. 2002;117:357-61 pubmed
- Jahnel R, Bender O, Münter L, Dreger M, Gillen C, Hucho F. Dual expression of mouse and rat VRL-1 in the dorsal root ganglion derived cell line F-11 and biochemical analysis of VRL-1 after heterologous expression. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:4264-71 pubmed..Immunofluorescence analysis of the endogenous VRL-1 in F-11 cells gives only weak signals in the cytoplasm whereas the overexpressed rat VRL-1 appears mainly at the plasma membrane. ..
- Kress H, Jarrin A, Thüroff E, Saunders R, Weise C, Schmidt am Busch M, et al. A Kunitz type protease inhibitor related protein is synthesized in Drosophila prepupal salivary glands and released into the moulting fluid during pupation. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;34:855-69 pubmed..Possible functions of KIL-1 in the context of the control of proteolytic activities in the pupation fluid are discussed. ..
- Reamon Buettner S, Borlak J. Somatic NKX2-5 mutations as a novel mechanism of disease in complex congenital heart disease. J Med Genet. 2004;41:684-90 pubmed..Somatic mutations in transcription factor genes of cardiac progenitor cells provide a novel mechanism of disease. ..
- Sell S, Hehl R. Functional dissection of a small anaerobically induced bZIP transcription factor from tomato. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4534-44 pubmed publisher..This correlates with the anaerobic down regulation of the 35S promoter in tomato and tobacco. These results may suggest that small bZIP proteins are involved in the negative regulation of gene expression under anaerobic conditions...
- Jablonowski D, Zink S, Mehlgarten C, Daum G, Schaffrath R. tRNAGlu wobble uridine methylation by Trm9 identifies Elongator's key role for zymocin-induced cell death in yeast. Mol Microbiol. 2006;59:677-88 pubmed..In sum, Trm9 is a bona fideTOT pathway component whose methylation may be hijacked by zymocin to target tRNA function and eventually, mRNA translation. ..
- Cavalcanti M, Rizgalla M, Geyer J, Failing K, Litzke L, Bergmann M. Expression of histone 1 (H1) and testis-specific histone 1 (H1t) genes during stallion spermatogenesis. Anim Reprod Sci. 2009;111:220-34 pubmed publisher..The pattern of protamine gene expression, however, has still to be elucidated. ..
- Zhang G, Hubalewska M, Ignatova Z. Transient ribosomal attenuation coordinates protein synthesis and co-translational folding. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:274-80 pubmed publisher..We propose that local discontinuous translation temporally separates the translation of segments of the peptide chain and actively coordinates their co-translational folding. ..
- Schramm G, Hamilton J, Balog C, Wuhrer M, Gronow A, Beckmann S, et al. Molecular characterisation of kappa-5, a major antigenic glycoprotein from Schistosoma mansoni eggs. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2009;166:4-14 pubmed publisher..The further characterisation of kappa-5 as one of the three major egg antigens should help to better understand the immunology and immunopathology of schistosomiasis. ..
- Stockinger H, Kruger M, Schüssler A. DNA barcoding of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. New Phytol. 2010;187:461-74 pubmed publisher..We recommend the complete 1500 bp fragment as a basis for AMF DNA barcoding. This will also allow future identification of AMF at species level based on 400 or 1000 bp amplicons in deep sequencing approaches. ..
- Naruhn S, Toth P, Adhikary T, Kaddatz K, Pape V, Dörr S, et al. High-affinity peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor ?/?-specific ligands with pure antagonistic or inverse agonistic properties. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;80:828-38 pubmed publisher..The possibility to differentially modulate specific functions of PPAR?/? makes these novel compounds invaluable tools to advance our understanding of PPAR?/? biology. ..
- Di Fazio P, Montalbano R, Neureiter D, Alinger B, Schmidt A, Merkel A, et al. Downregulation of HMGA2 by the pan-deacetylase inhibitor panobinostat is dependent on hsa-let-7b expression in liver cancer cell lines. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:1832-43 pubmed publisher..These findings show that pan-deacetylase inhibitors also modulate other signaling pathways and networks than histone modifications to influence cell fate...
- Sartorius J, Lehming N, Kisters Woike B, von Wilcken Bergmann B, Müller Hill B. The roles of residues 5 and 9 of the recognition helix of Lac repressor in lac operator binding. J Mol Biol. 1991;218:313-21 pubmed..They further suggest that residue 9 of the recognition helix (asparagine 25) interacts non-specifically with a phosphate of the DNA backbone, possibly between base-pairs 2 and 3. ..
- Fassler R, Meyer M. Consequences of lack of beta 1 integrin gene expression in mice. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1896-908 pubmed..Also, tissues derived from the neural crest contained beta 1 integrin-deficient cells indicating that migration of neuronal cells as well as neural crest cells can occur in the absence of beta 1 integrins. ..
- Platzer C, Meisel C, Vogt K, Platzer M, Volk H. Up-regulation of monocytic IL-10 by tumor necrosis factor-alpha and cAMP elevating drugs. Int Immunol. 1995;7:517-23 pubmed..The lack of a NF-kappa B-like binding site in the human sequence suggests a NF-kappa B-independent mechanism of TNF-alpha-induced IL-10 gene activation.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Drewes T, Senkel S, Holewa B, Ryffel G. Human hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 isoforms are encoded by distinct and differentially expressed genes. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:925-31 pubmed..Therefore, the differential expression of distinct HNF4 proteins may play a key role in the differential transcriptional regulation of HNF4-dependent genes. ..
- Steller U, Kohls S, Muller B, Soller R, Muller R, Schlender J, et al. The RNA binding protein HuD: rat cDNA and analysis of the alternative spliced mRNA in neuronal differentiating cell lines P19 and PC12. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;35:285-96 pubmed..This RNA processing event seems to be differently regulated in PC12 cells on the one hand, and in P19 cells and brain of rat and mouse on the other. ..
- Rose M, Entian K. New genes in the 170 degrees region of the Bacillus subtilis genome encode DNA gyrase subunits, a thioredoxin, a xylanase and an amino acid transporter. Microbiology. 1996;142 ( Pt 11):3097-101 pubmed..The prkA gene, which was mapped at 169 degrees, was not present on the respective fragment. Sequence comparison actually showed that prkA is located close to 70 degrees on the B. subtilis genome. ..
- Schambony A, Gentzel M, Wolfes H, Raida M, Neumann U, T pfer Petersen E. Equine CRISP-3: primary structure and expression in the male genital tract. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1387:206-16 pubmed
- Zähringer H, Thevelein J, Nwaka S. Induction of neutral trehalase Nth1 by heat and osmotic stress is controlled by STRE elements and Msn2/Msn4 transcription factors: variations of PKA effect during stress and growth. Mol Microbiol. 2000;35:397-406 pubmed..These results might help to elucidate the general connection between control by STREs, Msn2/Msn4 and PKA and, in particular, how these components play a role in control of trehalose metabolism. ..
- Blomquist A, Schwörer G, Schablowski H, Psoma A, Lehnen M, Jakobs K, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel Rho-specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor. Biochem J. 2000;352 Pt 2:319-25 pubmed
- Chakarova C, Wehnert M, Uhl K, Sakthivel S, Vosberg H, van der Ven P, et al. Genomic structure and fine mapping of the two human filamin gene paralogues FLNB and FLNC and comparative analysis of the filamin gene family. Hum Genet. 2000;107:597-611 pubmed..To improve candidate gene cloning approaches, FLNB was precisely mapped at 3p14 in an interval of 0.81 cM between WI3771 and WI6691 and FLNC at 7q32 in an interval of 2.07 cM between D7S530 and D7S649. ..
- Blum H, Zillig W, Mallok S, Domdey H, Prangishvili D. The genome of the archaeal virus SIRV1 has features in common with genomes of eukaryal viruses. Virology. 2001;281:6-9 pubmed..Very likely it also shares with these viruses mechanisms of initiation of replication and resolution of replicative intermediates. ..
- Fronhoffs S, Bruning T, Ortiz Pallardo E, Brode P, Koch B, Harth V, et al. Real-time PCR analysis of the N-acetyltransferase NAT1 allele *3, *4, *10, *11, *14 and *17 polymorphism in squamous cell cancer of head and neck. Carcinogenesis. 2001;22:1405-12 pubmed..This new approach in NAT1 genotyping substantially increases throughput of sample analysis and, therefore, enhances opportunities to study NAT1 as a risk factor in different cancers in large-scale studies. ..
- Arakawa H, Lodygin D, Buerstedde J. Mutant loxP vectors for selectable marker recycle and conditional knock-outs. BMC Biotechnol. 2001;1:7 pubmed..As the marker and the cDNA expression cassettes are driven by the universally active and evolutionary conserved beta-actin promoter, they can be used for the selection of stable transfectants in a wide range of cell lines. ..
- Varlamov D, Kudin A, Vielhaber S, Schroder R, Sassen R, Becker A, et al. Metabolic consequences of a novel missense mutation of the mtDNA CO I gene. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:1797-805 pubmed..This is due to a 2-fold increase of COX flux control on muscle fiber respiration and a 30% decrease of COX metabolic threshold, supporting the concept of tight COX control of oxidative phosphorylation in skeletal muscle. ..
- Pruchner D, Beckert S, Muhle H, Knoop V. Divergent intron conservation in the mitochondrial nad2 gene: signatures for the three bryophyte classes (mosses, liverworts, and hornworts) and the lycophytes. J Mol Evol. 2002;55:265-71 pubmed..Plant mitochondrial peculiarities such as RNA editing frequency, U-to-C type of RNA editing, and small group II introns appear to be genus-specific rather than gene-specific features. ..
- Karabinos A, Schulze E, Klisch T, Wang J, Weber K. Expression profiles of the essential intermediate filament (IF) protein A2 and the IF protein C2 in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. Mech Dev. 2002;117:311-4 pubmed..IF protein C2 occurs in the cytoplasm and desmosomes of intestinal cells and in pharynx desmosomes. Expression of C2 starts in the late embryo and persists in all further stages. ..
- Daub B, Schroeter M, Pfitzer G, Ganitkevich V. Expression of members of the S100 Ca2+-binding protein family in guinea-pig smooth muscle. Cell Calcium. 2003;33:1-10 pubmed
- Schoft V, Beauvais A, Lang C, Gajewski A, Prüfert K, Winkler C, et al. The lamina-associated polypeptide 2 (LAP2) isoforms beta, gamma and omega of zebrafish: developmental expression and behavior during the cell cycle. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:2505-17 pubmed
- Pilartz M, Jeske H. Mapping of abutilon mosaic geminivirus minichromosomes. J Virol. 2003;77:10808-18 pubmed..The role of variable chromatin structures for gene regulation of geminiviruses is discussed. ..
- Raghunath M, Tontsidou L, Oji V, Aufenvenne K, Schürmeyer Horst F, Jayakumar A, et al. SPINK5 and Netherton syndrome: novel mutations, demonstration of missing LEKTI, and differential expression of transglutaminases. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:474-83 pubmed
- Weber E, Ojanen Reuhs T, Huguet E, Hause G, Romantschuk M, Korhonen T, et al. The type III-dependent Hrp pilus is required for productive interaction of Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria with pepper host plants. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:2458-68 pubmed..Hence, there are no other conserved Hrp or Hrc proteins that act downstream of HrpE during type III-dependent protein translocation...
- Nitz I, Döring F, Schrezenmeir J, Burwinkel B. Identification of new acyl-CoA binding protein transcripts in human and mouse. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:2395-405 pubmed..Given the fact that the new variant is highly expressed in adipose tissue and a PPARgamma target, it might be relevant for diseases like diabetes and obesity. ..
- Mai B, Breeden L. Identification of target genes of a yeast transcriptional repressor. Methods Mol Biol. 2006;317:267-77 pubmed..The binding site for Xbp1, previously identified by site selection, was present in these target genes and is conserved phylogenetically. ..
- Domazet Loso M, Haubold B. Efficient estimation of pairwise distances between genomes. Bioinformatics. 2009;25:3221-7 pubmed publisher..It is written in standard C and its source code is available under the GNU General Public License from the same web site. email@example.com Supplementary informations: Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Langenberger D, Pundhir S, Ekstrøm C, Stadler P, Hoffmann S, Gorodkin J. deepBlockAlign: a tool for aligning RNA-seq profiles of read block patterns. Bioinformatics. 2012;28:17-24 pubmed publisher..The program deepBlockAlign is available as source code from http://rth.dk/resources/dba/. firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online. ..
- Spahn P, Huelsmann S, Rehorn K, Mischke S, MAYER M, Casali A, et al. Multiple regulatory safeguards confine the expression of the GATA factor Serpent to the hemocyte primordium within the Drosophila mesoderm. Dev Biol. 2014;386:272-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, several genes work in a combined fashion to restrain early srp expression to the head mesoderm in order to prevent expansion of the hemocyte primordium. ..
- Brakhage A, Wozny M, Putzer H. Structure and nucleotide sequence of the Bacillus subtilis phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetase genes. Biochimie. 1990;72:725-34 pubmed..Within the 5'-noncoding region several potential secondary structures have been noted. ..
- Niedermeier G, Shiozawa J, Lottspeich F, Feick R. The primary structure of two chlorosome proteins from Chloroflexus aurantiacus. FEBS Lett. 1994;342:61-5 pubmed..By Northern blot analysis of RNA isolated from phototrophically grown cells a transcript of 0.95 kb was detected which is the expected length for a mRNA encoding both genes...
- Ochs M, Veitinger S, Kim I, Welz D, Angerer A, Braun V. Regulation of citrate-dependent iron transport of Escherichia coli: fecR is required for transcription activation by FecI. Mol Microbiol. 1995;15:119-32 pubmed..Transcription of the fec transport genes is positively regulated by FecI and FecR and negatively regulated by the Fe2(+)-Fur repressor. Transcription activation and repression may occur independently of each other. ..
- Ciossek T, Millauer B, Ullrich A. Identification of alternatively spliced mRNAs encoding variants of MDK1, a novel receptor tyrosine kinase expressed in the murine nervous system. Oncogene. 1995;10:97-108 pubmed..The distinct patterns of MDK1 gene expression during mouse development suggest an important role in the formation of neuronal structures and possibly other morphogenic processes. ..
- Hoss M, Dilling A, Currant A, Paabo S. Molecular phylogeny of the extinct ground sloth Mylodon darwinii. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:181-5 pubmed..This result shows that the edentates differ from other mammalian orders in that they contain lineages that diverged before the end of the Cretaceous Period...
- Gase K, Gase A, Schirmer H, Malke H. Cloning, sequencing and functional overexpression of the Streptococcus equisimilis H46A gapC gene encoding a glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase that also functions as a plasmin(ogen)-binding protein. Purification and biochemical characterizatio. Eur J Biochem. 1996;239:42-51 pubmed..Prior limited treatment with plasmin enhanced the subsequent plasminogen binding capacity of all three GraP-DHs, presumably by the exposure of new C-terminal lysine residues for binding to the zymogen...
- Overmann J, Tuschak C. Phylogeny and molecular fingerprinting of green sulfur bacteria. Arch Microbiol. 1997;167:302-9 pubmed..The latter technique is, therefore, well suited for the rapid screening of isolated pure cultures of green sulfur bacteria...
- Rothe C, Lehle L. Sorting of invertase signal peptide mutants in yeast dependent and independent on the signal-recognition particle. Eur J Biochem. 1998;252:16-24 pubmed
- Wienke D, Knetsch M, Neuhaus E, Reedy M, Manstein D. Disruption of a dynamin homologue affects endocytosis, organelle morphology, and cytokinesis in Dictyostelium discoideum. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:225-43 pubmed..Our results suggest that that dynamin A is likely to function in membrane trafficking processes along the endo-lysosomal pathway of D. discoideum but not at the plasma membrane. ..
- Heide C, Pfeiffer T, Nolan J, Hartmann R. Guanosine 2-NH2 groups of Escherichia coli RNase P RNA involved in intramolecular tertiary contacts and direct interactions with tRNA. RNA. 1999;5:102-16 pubmed..coli RNase P RNA) is also supported by mutational analysis. For the mutant RNase P RNA carrying a G94:C104 double mutation, an additional G316-to-A mutation resulted in a restoration of binding affinity for mature and precursor tRNA. ..
- Müller Hill B. Some repressors of bacterial transcription. Curr Opin Microbiol. 1998;1:145-51 pubmed..The recent solution of the X-ray structures of Lac and Pur repressors were breakthroughs; yet, it has become painfully clear that important aspects of repression are still not understood. ..
- Reiner G, Hecht W, Leeb T, Brenig B, Robic A, Dzapo V. Isolation and characterization of the porcine c-myc proto-oncogene and chromosomal assignment to SSC 4p13. Anim Genet. 1999;30:204-6 pubmed..The gene shows the typical c-myc structure with three exons, three putative promoters and a deduced protein of 439 amino acids. The porcine c-myc was mapped to chromosome 4p13 by screening of a porcine-rodent hybrid cell panel. ..
- Santos A, Korber S, Küllertz G, Fischer G, Fischer B. Oxygen stress increases prolyl cis/trans isomerase activity and expression of cyclophilin 18 in rabbit blastocysts. Biol Reprod. 2000;62:1-7 pubmed..Increase in transcription rate and PPIase activity by oxygen stress suggests an involvement of CyP18 in oxygen defense in rabbit preimplantation embryos. ..
- Blichenberg A, Rehbein M, Muller R, Garner C, Richter D, Kindler S. Identification of a cis-acting dendritic targeting element in the mRNA encoding the alpha subunit of Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. Eur J Neurosci. 2001;13:1881-8 pubmed..These findings imply that extrasomatic sorting of individual dendritic mRNAs involves at least partially distinct molecular mechanisms, as well as large trafficking complexes. ..
- Spötter A, Drogemuller C, Kuiper H, Brenig B, Leeb T, Distl O. Molecular characterization and chromosome assignment of the porcine gene for leukemia inhibitory factor LIF. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;93:87-90 pubmed..Based on fluorescence in situ hybridization and radiation hybrid mapping, the porcine LIF gene was assigned to chromosome 14q2.1-->q2.2. ..
- Munnia A, Schutz N, Romeike B, Maldener E, Glass B, Maas R, et al. Expression, cellular distribution and protein binding of the glioma amplified sequence (GAS41), a highly conserved putative transcription factor. Oncogene. 2001;20:4853-63 pubmed..We generated a polyclonal antibody against the KIAA1009 protein and we demonstrated that the KIAA1009 protein is a nuclear protein, which appears to be co-localized with the GAS41 protein and NuMA. ..
- Franken S, Junghans U, Rosslenbroich V, Baader S, Hoffmann R, Gieselmann V, et al. Collapsin response mediator proteins of neonatal rat brain interact with chondroitin sulfate. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3241-50 pubmed..In summary, our data indicate that CRMPs, in addition to their role as cytosolic signal transduction molecules, may subserve as yet unknown functions in the developing brain as ligands of the extracellular matrix. ..
- Frank D, Doenecke D, Albig W. Differential expression of human replacement and cell cycle dependent H3 histone genes. Gene. 2003;312:135-43 pubmed..3A gene expression. The possible functional relevance of the differences between the two H3.3 genes in structure and expression is discussed. ..
- Fischer O, Hart S, Gschwind A, Prenzel N, Ullrich A. Oxidative and osmotic stress signaling in tumor cells is mediated by ADAM proteases and heparin-binding epidermal growth factor. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:5172-83 pubmed