Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Denmark
Topic: base sequence
Publications289 found, 100 shown here
- Oleksiewicz M, Kristensen B, Ladekjaer Mikkelsen A, Nielsen J. Development of a rapid in vitro protein refolding assay which discriminates between peptide-bound and peptide-free forms of recombinant porcine major histocompatibility class I complex (SLA-I). Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2002;86:55-77 pubmed..It remains to be seen whether the rapid and technically very simple in vitro refold assay described here will prove generally applicable for the screening of virus-derived peptides for SLA-I binding. ..
- Jensen J, Björnelius E, Dohn B, Lidbrink P. Use of TaqMan 5' nuclease real-time PCR for quantitative detection of Mycoplasma genitalium DNA in males with and without urethritis who were attendees at a sexually transmitted disease clinic. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:683-92 pubmed..Urethral swab specimens from patients with urethral discharge had a significantly higher DNA load than specimens from patients without discharge. This correlation was not found in first-void urine specimens...
- Kjaer K, Hansen L, Eiberg H, Leicht P, Opitz J, Tommerup N. Novel Connexin 43 (GJA1) mutation causes oculo-dento-digital dysplasia with curly hair. Am J Med Genet A. 2004;127A:152-7 pubmed..We provide an easy method for mutation detection by use of the restriction enzyme Nde1 and discuss possible pathogenetic mechanisms, arguing that loss of function cannot be excluded. This is the second article reporting ODDD mutations. ..
- Jahn T, M ller A, Zeuthen T, Holm L, Klaerke D, Mohsin B, et al. Aquaporin homologues in plants and mammals transport ammonia. FEBS Lett. 2004;574:31-6 pubmed publisher..Mammalian AQP8 sharing the aquaammoniaporin signature also complemented NH4+ transport deficiency in yeast...
- Liu M, Novotny G, Douthwaite S. Methylation of 23S rRNA nucleotide G745 is a secondary function of the RlmAI methyltransferase. RNA. 2004;10:1713-20 pubmed..The results indicate that cell growth is not dependent on G745 methylation, and that the RlmA(I) methyltransferase therefore has another (as yet unidentified) primary function. ..
- Andersen E, Rosenblad M, Larsen N, Westergaard J, Burks J, Wower I, et al. The tmRDB and SRPDB resources. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:D163-8 pubmed publisher..All alignments can be easily examined using a new exploratory browser. The databases provide links to high-resolution structures and serve as depositories for structures obtained by molecular modeling...
- Takenouchi Ohkubo N, Mortensen L, Drasbek K, Kilian M, Poulsen K. Horizontal transfer of the immunoglobulin A1 protease gene (iga) from Streptococcus to Gemella haemolysans. Microbiology. 2006;152:2171-80 pubmed..haemolysans, and therefore that the IgA1 protease gene was transferred from Streptococcus to G. haemolysans...
- Skovhus K, Bergholdt R, Erichsen C, Sparre T, Nerup J, Karlsen A, et al. Identification and characterization of secretagogin promoter activity. Scand J Immunol. 2006;64:639-45 pubmed..The promoter region was furthermore screened by direct sequencing, and 11 polymorphisms were identified. Genotyping in a large homogenous Type 1 diabetes (T1D) family collection did not reveal association with T1D. ..
- Frandsen P, Madsen L, Bendixen C, Larsen K. Porcine gamma-synuclein: molecular cloning, expression analysis, chromosomal localization and functional expression. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:971-9 pubmed publisher..The distribution of recombinant porcine gamma-synuclein was studied in three different transfected cell lines and the protein was found to be predominantly localized in the cytoplasm. ..
- Mapendano C, Lykke Andersen S, Kjems J, Bertrand E, Jensen T. Crosstalk between mRNA 3' end processing and transcription initiation. Mol Cell. 2010;40:410-22 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that 3' end formation stimulates transcription initiation and suggest that coordinated recycling of factors from a gene terminator back to the promoter is essential for sustaining continued transcription. ..
- Jensen K, Andersen J, Poulsen P. Overexpression and rapid purification of the orfE/rph gene product, RNase PH of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:17147-52 pubmed..This heterogeneity might be caused by post-translational modification other than proteolysis, or may be an electrophoretic artifact. The native protein is composed of two or more subunits. ..
- Bendixen E, Halkier T, Magnusson S, Sottrup Jensen L, Kristensen T. Complete primary structure of bovine beta 2-glycoprotein I: localization of the disulfide bridges. Biochemistry. 1992;31:3611-7 pubmed
- Honore B, Leffers H, Madsen P, Rasmussen H, Vandekerckhove J, Celis J. Molecular cloning and expression of a transformation-sensitive human protein containing the TPR motif and sharing identity to the stress-inducible yeast protein STI1. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:8485-91 pubmed..The possible physiological role of IEF SSP 3521 is discussed in the light of the structural relationship with STI1. ..
- Egebjerg J, Douthwaite S, Liljas A, Garrett R. Characterization of the binding sites of protein L11 and the L10.(L12)4 pentameric complex in the GTPase domain of 23 S ribosomal RNA from Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 1990;213:275-88 pubmed..It also provides a structural rationale for the mutually co-operative binding of protein L11 with the antibiotics thiostrepton and micrococcin, and with the L10.(L12)4 protein complex. ..
- Aagaard C, Phan H, Trevisanato S, Garrett R. A spontaneous point mutation in the single 23S rRNA gene of the thermophilic arachaeon Sulfolobus acidocaldarius confers multiple drug resistance. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:7744-7 pubmed..The single-site mutation also conferred resistance to carbomycin. The mutated 23S rRNA gene provides a potentially useful and dominant marker for a thermophilic archael vector...
- Kjaerulff S, Davey J, Nielsen O. Analysis of the structural genes encoding M-factor in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe: identification of a third gene, mfm3. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:3895-905 pubmed..Additionally, the signal transduction machinery associated with the pheromone response is required for transcription of the mfm genes in both stimulated and unstimulated cells. ..
- Andresen B, Jensen T, Bross P, Knudsen I, Winter V, Kølvraa S, et al. Disease-causing mutations in exon 11 of the medium-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase gene. Am J Hum Genet. 1994;54:975-88 pubmed
- Bross P, Andresen B, Knudsen I, Kruse T, Gregersen N. Human ClpP protease: cDNA sequence, tissue-specific expression and chromosomal assignment of the gene. FEBS Lett. 1995;377:249-52 pubmed..By analysis of human/rodent cell hybrids the human clpP gene was assigned to chromosome 19. ..
- Ladekjaer Mikkelsen A, Rosenberg T, Jørgensen A. A new mechanism in blue cone monochromatism. Hum Genet. 1996;98:403-8 pubmed..Here we describe a clinical case of BCM caused by a new mutation where exon 4 of an isolated red pigment gene has been deleted. The finding represents the first intragenic deletion yet described among red and green pigment genes...
- Orntoft T, Vestergaard E, Holmes E, Jakobsen J, Grunnet N, Mortensen M, et al. Influence of Lewis alpha1-3/4-L-fucosyltransferase (FUT3) gene mutations on enzyme activity, erythrocyte phenotyping, and circulating tumor marker sialyl-Lewis a levels. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:32260-8 pubmed..In the group of non-genuine Lewis-negative cancer patients, whose erythrocytes convert from Lewis-positive to Lewis-negative during the disease, FUT3 heterozygosity was significantly (p < 0.05) more common. ..
- Darmer D, Hauser F, Nothacker H, Bosch T, Williamson M, Grimmelikhuijzen C. Three different prohormones yield a variety of Hydra-RFamide (Arg-Phe-NH2) neuropeptides in Hydra magnipapillata. Biochem J. 1998;332 ( Pt 2):403-12 pubmed..All of this shows that neuropeptide biosynthesis in the primitive metazoan Hydra is already rather complex...
- Peng X, Blum H, She Q, Mallok S, Brugger K, Garrett R, et al. Sequences and replication of genomes of the archaeal rudiviruses SIRV1 and SIRV2: relationships to the archaeal lipothrixvirus SIFV and some eukaryal viruses. Virology. 2001;291:226-34 pubmed..The finding of inverted repeats of at least 0.8 kb at the termini of the linear genome of SIFV supports this inference...
- Aaboe M, Offersen B, Christensen A, Andreasen P. Vitronectin in human breast carcinomas. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1638:72-82 pubmed
- Christensen S, Maenhaut Michel G, Mine N, Gottesman S, Gerdes K, Van Melderen L. Overproduction of the Lon protease triggers inhibition of translation in Escherichia coli: involvement of the yefM-yoeB toxin-antitoxin system. Mol Microbiol. 2004;51:1705-17 pubmed
- Wellendorph P, Brauner Osborne H. Molecular cloning, expression, and sequence analysis of GPRC6A, a novel family C G-protein-coupled receptor. Gene. 2004;335:37-46 pubmed..Analysis of the intron-exon composition of the GPRC6A gene confirms that isoforms 2 and 3 are naturally occurring splice variants. ..
- Rosenberg T, Baumann B, Kohl S, Zrenner E, Jorgensen A, Wissinger B. Variant phenotypes of incomplete achromatopsia in two cousins with GNAT2 gene mutations. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:4256-62 pubmed..The cases presented broaden the phenotypic spectrum of GNAT2 mutations and underline the increasing importance of molecular genetics in the clinical diagnosis of atypical ophthalmic phenotypes. ..
- Karlsen A, Heding P, Frobøse H, Rønn S, Kruhøffer M, Orntoft T, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signalling (SOCS)-3 protects beta cells against IL-1beta-mediated toxicity through inhibition of multiple nuclear factor-kappaB-regulated proapoptotic pathways. Diabetologia. 2004;47:1998-2011 pubmed
- Torarinsson E, Klenk H, Garrett R. Divergent transcriptional and translational signals in Archaea. Environ Microbiol. 2005;7:47-54 pubmed..High levels of leaderless transcripts are found in the longer branched Archaea. ..
- Mansilla F, Hansen L, Jakobsen H, Kjeldgaard N, Clark B, Knudsen C. Deconstructing PTI-1: PTI-1 is a truncated, but not mutated, form of translation elongatin factor 1A1, eEF1A1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1727:116-24 pubmed..However, we were unable to detect the PTI-1 protein in LNCaP cell extracts. The potential roles of the PTI-1 protein in carcinogenesis and the origin of the PTI-1 gene in the human genome are discussed. ..
- Kjaer K, Hansen L, Eiberg H, Utkus A, Skovgaard L, Leicht P, et al. A 72-year-old Danish puzzle resolved--comparative analysis of phenotypes in families with different-sized HOXD13 polyalanine expansions. Am J Med Genet A. 2005;138:328-39 pubmed..Thus, our data have added evidence to the phenotype-genotype correlation previously reported, which was further extended to include lesser involvement of bones in ray 1, 2, and 5. ..
- Johansen C, Riis J, Gedebjerg A, Kragballe K, Iversen L. Tumor necrosis factor ?-mediated induction of interleukin 17C in human keratinocytes is controlled by nuclear factor ?B. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:25487-94 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the activation of NF-?B (p65/p50) is crucial for the TNF?-induced stimulation of IL-17C expression in human keratinocytes. ..
- Sükösd Z, Knudsen B, Anderson J, Novák A, Kjems J, Pedersen C. Characterising RNA secondary structure space using information entropy. BMC Bioinformatics. 2013;14 Suppl 2:S22 pubmed publisher..We also discuss interpretations and applications of this quantity, including how it can clarify reasons for low prediction reliability scores. PPfold and its source code are available from http://birc.au.dk/software/ppfold/. ..
- Flannick J, Thorleifsson G, Beer N, Jacobs S, Grarup N, Burtt N, et al. Loss-of-function mutations in SLC30A8 protect against type 2 diabetes. Nat Genet. 2014;46:357-63 pubmed publisher..In contrast, loss-of-function mutations in humans provide strong evidence that SLC30A8 haploinsufficiency protects against T2D, suggesting ZnT8 inhibition as a therapeutic strategy in T2D prevention. ..
- Miglietta G, Cogoi S, Pedersen E, Xodo L. GC-elements controlling HRAS transcription form i-motif structures unfolded by heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein particle A1. Sci Rep. 2015;5:18097 pubmed publisher..All these outcomes suggest that HRAS is regulated by a G-quadruplex/i-motif switch interacting with proteins that recognize non B-DNA conformations. ..
- Berglund L, Petersen T. The gene structure of tetranectin, a plasminogen binding protein. FEBS Lett. 1992;309:15-9 pubmed..Southern blot analysis showed hybridization to two genes. Further investigations are needed to determine whether the genes are allelic or non-allelic. ..
- Grimm B. Primary structure of a key enzyme in plant tetrapyrrole synthesis: glutamate 1-semialdehyde aminotransferase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:4169-73 pubmed..Active barley GSA aminotransferase expressed in E. coli was shown to be active in assays of bacterial cell extracts. As a gene symbol for barley GSA aminotransferase, Gsa is proposed. ..
- Rasmussen P, Gerdes K, Molin S. Genetic analysis of the parB+ locus of plasmid R1. Mol Gen Genet. 1987;209:122-8 pubmed..An incompatibility phenotype connected to parB+ was localized to that part of the 580 bp parB+ region which seems to encode the untranslated RNA. ..
- Hansen L, Wang X, Kopchick J, Bouchelouche P, Nielsen J, Galsgaard E, et al. Identification of tyrosine residues in the intracellular domain of the growth hormone receptor required for transcriptional signaling and Stat5 activation. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:12669-73 pubmed..This study demonstrates that specific tyrosines in the GH receptor are required for transcriptional signaling possibly by their role in the activation of transcription factor Stat5. ..
- Laustsen P, Rasmussen T, Petersen K, Pedraza Diaz S, Moestrup S, Gliemann J, et al. The complete amino acid sequence of human placental oxytocinase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1352:1-7 pubmed..A conserved sequence element, the GAMEN motif, which distinguishes the aminopeptidase family among gluzincins from other gluzincins, has been identified. ..
- Durkin M, Loechel F, Mattei M, Gilpin B, Albrechtsen R, Wewer U. Tissue-specific expression of the human laminin alpha5-chain, and mapping of the gene to human chromosome 20q13.2-13.3 and to distal mouse chromosome 2 near the locus for the ragged (Ra) mutation. FEBS Lett. 1997;411:296-300 pubmed..2-q13.3 by in situ hybridization, and the mouse gene (Lama5) was mapped by linkage analysis to a syntonic region of distal chromosome 2, close to the locus for the ragged (Ra) mutation. ..
- Pedersen K, Gerdes K. Multiple hok genes on the chromosome of Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1999;32:1090-102 pubmed..The chromosome-encoded mRNAs are poorly translated in vitro, thus yielding an explanation for the lacking phenotype. These observations suggest that the chromosomal hok-like genes may be induced by an as yet unknown signal. ..
- Heard D, Norby P, Holloway J, Vissing H. Human ERRgamma, a third member of the estrogen receptor-related receptor (ERR) subfamily of orphan nuclear receptors: tissue-specific isoforms are expressed during development and in the adult. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:382-92 pubmed..A GAL4-ERRgamma fusion protein activates transcription in a ligand-independent manner in transfected HEK293 cells to a greater degree than either the GAL4-ERRalpha or -beta fusion proteins. ..
- Birungi J, Arctander P. Large sequence divergence of mitochondrial DNA genotypes of the control region within populations of the african antelope, kob (Kobus kob). Mol Ecol. 2000;9:1997-2008 pubmed..Relatively high genetic variation was observed in the populations, however, the inclusion of distinct lineages influences the population structure and nucleotide diversity of the kob populations. ..
- Nielsen J, Henriksen K, Hansen C, Silahtaroglu A, Schwartz M, Tommerup N. MECP2 mutations in Danish patients with Rett syndrome: high frequency of mutations but no consistent correlations with clinical severity or with the X chromosome inactivation pattern. Eur J Hum Genet. 2001;9:178-84 pubmed..Our high mutation detection rate, compared to two of the previous studies, underscores the importance of the inclusion criteria of the patients and supports that MECP2 is the most important, if not the only, gene responsible for RTT. ..
- Klemm P, Hjerrild L, Gjermansen M, Schembri M. Structure-function analysis of the self-recognizing Antigen 43 autotransporter protein from Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2004;51:283-96 pubmed..Finally, we found that in spite of their different aggregative pattern all Ag43 variants promoted biofilm formation to abiotic surfaces. ..
- Gautier L, Møller M, Friis Hansen L, Knudsen S. Alternative mapping of probes to genes for Affymetrix chips. BMC Bioinformatics. 2004;5:111 pubmed..While the probes on Affymetrix arrays remain the same for several years, the biological knowledge concerning the genomic sequences evolves rapidly. Using up-to-date knowledge can apparently change the outcome of an analysis. ..
- Munch K, Krogh A. Automatic generation of gene finders for eukaryotic species. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:263 pubmed..It is shown that species-specific gene finders are superior to gene finders trained on other species. ..
- Egeblad Welin L, Sonntag Y, Eklund H, Munch Petersen B. Functional studies of active-site mutants from Drosophila melanogaster deoxyribonucleoside kinase. Investigations of the putative catalytic glutamate-arginine pair and of residues responsible for substrate specificity. FEBS J. 2007;274:1542-51 pubmed..These observations give insight into the mechanisms of substrate binding and catalysis, which is important for developing novel suicide genes and drugs for use in gene therapy. ..
- Jonstrup A, Thomsen T, Wang Y, Knudsen B, Koch J, Andersen A. Hairpin structures formed by alpha satellite DNA of human centromeres are cleaved by human topoisomerase IIalpha. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:6165-74 pubmed publisher..Based on this a model is discussed, where topoisomerase II interacts with two hairpins as a mediator of centromere cohesion. ..
- Mittler G, Butter F, Mann M. A SILAC-based DNA protein interaction screen that identifies candidate binding proteins to functional DNA elements. Genome Res. 2009;19:284-93 pubmed publisher..The approach is robust, sensitive, and specific and offers the potential for high-throughput determination of TF binding profiles. ..
- Bahrndorff S, Tunnacliffe A, Wise M, McGee B, Holmstrup M, Loeschcke V. Bioinformatics and protein expression analyses implicate LEA proteins in the drought response of Collembola. J Insect Physiol. 2009;55:210-7 pubmed publisher..These results show the presence of a LEA protein-coding region in Collembola, but also indicate that several proteins are involved in response to dehydration stress, including Hsp70. ..
- Cubrilo S, Babic F, Douthwaite S, Maravic Vlahovicek G. The aminoglycoside resistance methyltransferase Sgm impedes RsmF methylation at an adjacent rRNA nucleotide in the ribosomal A site. RNA. 2009;15:1492-7 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that interplay between resistance methyltransferases and the cell's own indigenous methyltransferases can play an important role in determining resistance levels. ..
- Krusell L, Sato N, Fukuhara I, Koch B, Grossmann C, Okamoto S, et al. The Clavata2 genes of pea and Lotus japonicus affect autoregulation of nodulation. Plant J. 2011;65:861-71 pubmed publisher..This finding is the most likely explanation for the lack of interaction between these two proteins. ..
- Li Y, Gottwein J, Scheel T, Jensen T, Bukh J. MicroRNA-122 antagonism against hepatitis C virus genotypes 1-6 and reduced efficacy by host RNA insertion or mutations in the HCV 5' UTR. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:4991-6 pubmed publisher..5 cells. These mutations reduced the efficacy of SPC3649 treatment, indicating that escape variants to miR-122 antagonism-based HCV therapy could potentially occur. ..
- Nielsen G, Dagnaes Hansen F, Holm I, Meaney S, Symula D, Andersen N, et al. Protein replacement therapy partially corrects the cholesterol-storage phenotype in a mouse model of Niemann-Pick type C2 disease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27287 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that protein replacement may be a beneficial therapeutic approach in the treatment of the visceral manifestations in NPC2 disease and further suggest that neurodegeneration is not secondary to visceral dysfunction. ..
- Seberg O, Petersen G, Davis J, Pires J, Stevenson D, Chase M, et al. Phylogeny of the Asparagales based on three plastid and two mitochondrial genes. Am J Bot. 2012;99:875-89 pubmed publisher..Though the order is well defined, the number of recognized families, their circumscription, and relationships are somewhat controversial...
- Toustrup L, Zhou Y, Kvistgaard H, Gregersen N, Rittig S, Aagaard L, et al. Induced pluripotent stem cells derived from a patient with autosomal dominant familial neurohypophyseal diabetes insipidus caused by a variant in the AVP gene. Stem Cell Res. 2017;19:37-42 pubmed publisher..This iPSC line is useful in future studies focusing on the pathogenesis of adFNDI. ..
- Noren O, Dabelsteen E, Høyer P, Olsen J, Sjostrom H, Hansen G. Onset of transcription of the aminopeptidase N (leukemia antigen CD 13) gene at the crypt/villus transition zone during rabbit enterocyte differentiation. FEBS Lett. 1989;259:107-12 pubmed..The results are compatible with onset of transcription of the aminopeptidase N gene at the crypt/villus transition zone during the enterocyte differentiation. ..
- Møller P, Wallin H, Vogel U, Autrup H, Risom L, Hald M, et al. Mutagenicity of 2-amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline in colon and liver of Big Blue rats: role of DNA adducts, strand breaks, DNA repair and oxidative stress. Carcinogenesis. 2002;23:1379-85 pubmed..A lower frequency of mutations in the colon than in the liver could be related to higher expression of DNA repair enzymes in the former. ..
- Troelsen J, Olsen J, Noren O, Sjostrom H. A novel intestinal trans-factor (NF-LPH1) interacts with the lactase-phlorizin hydrolase promoter and co-varies with the enzymatic activity. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:20407-11 pubmed
- Westh Hansen S, Jensen N, Munch Petersen A. Studies on the sequence and structure of the Escherichia coli K-12 nupG gene, encoding a nucleoside-transport system. Eur J Biochem. 1987;168:385-91 pubmed..333 kDa, was deduced to be the coding region of nupG. Minicell-forming strains carrying plasmids containing this gene were shown to produce a hydrophobic, membrane-bound polypeptide with an apparent molecular mass of approximately 43 kDa...
- Sørensen C, Berglund L, Petersen T. Cloning of a cDNA encoding murine tetranectin. Gene. 1995;152:243-5 pubmed..An overall aa identity of 79% exists between the deduced aa sequences of human and murine TN, revealing a high evolutionary conservation of the protein. The highest expression of mouse TN was found in lung and skeletal muscle. ..
- Kjems J, Sharp P. The basic domain of Rev from human immunodeficiency virus type 1 specifically blocks the entry of U4/U6.U5 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein in spliceosome assembly. J Virol. 1993;67:4769-76 pubmed
- Saxild H, Andersen L, Hammer K. Dra-nupC-pdp operon of Bacillus subtilis: nucleotide sequence, induction by deoxyribonucleosides, and transcriptional regulation by the deoR-encoded DeoR repressor protein. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:424-34 pubmed..The upstream gene most likely encodes the regulator for the dra-nupC-pdp operon and was designated deoR (stands for deoxyribonucleoside regulator). ..
- Johnsen L, Petersen T, Berglund L. The bovine PP3 gene is homologous to the murine GlyCAM 1 gene. Gene. 1996;169:297-8 pubmed..PP3 is homologous with the murine glycosylation-dependent cell-adhesion molecule 1 (GlyCAM 1) and this homology also extends to the exon/intron organization of the genes. ..
- Kristensen H, Valentin Hansen P, Søgaard Andersen L. CytR/cAMP-CRP nucleoprotein formation in E. coli: the CytR repressor binds its operator as a stable dimer in a ternary complex with cAMP-CRP. J Mol Biol. 1996;260:113-9 pubmed
- Hornum L, Markholst H. Mapping of the rat Ptn gene to chromosome 4. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:923-4 pubmed
- Fedosov S, Berglund L, Nexo E, Petersen T. Sequence, S-S bridges, and spectra of bovine transcobalamin expressed in Pichia pastoris. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:26015-20 pubmed..This may be caused by significant deformation of the Cbl molecule and/or by its shielding when bound to TC. ..
- Offenberg H, Barcroft L, Caveney A, Viuff D, Thomsen P, Watson A. mRNAs encoding aquaporins are present during murine preimplantation development. Mol Reprod Dev. 2000;57:323-30 pubmed..These findings predict that AQPs may function as conduits for trophectoderm fluid transport during blastocyst formation. ..
- Wadskov Hansen S, Willemoes M, Martinussen J, Hammer K, Neuhard J, Larsen S. Cloning and verification of the Lactococcus lactis pyrG gene and characterization of the gene product, CTP synthase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:38002-9 pubmed..As for other CTP synthases, the oligomeric structure of the lactococcal enzyme was found to be a tetramer, but unlike most of the other previously characterized enzymes, the tetramer was very stable even at dilute enzyme concentrations. ..
- Holmberg C, Katz S, Lerdrup M, Herdegen T, Jaattela M, Aronheim A, et al. A novel specific role for I kappa B kinase complex-associated protein in cytosolic stress signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31918-28 pubmed..Additionally, our results point to a role of JNK signaling in familial dysautonomia and, thus, further support the involvement of JNK signaling in the development, survival, and degeneration of the sensory and autonomic nervous system. ..
- Petersen C, Møller L, Valentin Hansen P. The cryptic adenine deaminase gene of Escherichia coli. Silencing by the nucleoid-associated DNA-binding protein, H-NS, and activation by insertion elements. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31373-80 pubmed..The activating insertion elements essentially eliminated the H-NS-mediated silencing, and stimulated ade gene expression 2-3-fold independently of the H-NS protein. ..
- Andrup L, Jensen G, Wilcks A, Smidt L, Hoflack L, Mahillon J. The patchwork nature of rolling-circle plasmids: comparison of six plasmids from two distinct Bacillus thuringiensis serotypes. Plasmid. 2003;49:205-32 pubmed..These genes were termed bcol for Bacillus-collagen-like genes...
- Greve B, Jensen S, Phan H, Brugger K, Zillig W, She Q, et al. Novel RepA-MCM proteins encoded in plasmids pTAU4, pORA1 and pTIK4 from Sulfolobus neozealandicus. Archaea. 2005;1:319-25 pubmed..Another encoded protein appears to be specific for the New Zealand plasmids. The three plasmids should provide useful model systems for functional studies of these important crenarchaeal proteins. ..
- Uttenthal A, Hoyer M, Grøndahl C, Houe H, van Maanen C, Rasmussen T, et al. Vertical transmission of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) in mousedeer (Tragulus javanicus) and spread to domestic cattle. Arch Virol. 2006;151:2377-87 pubmed..Sequencing mousedeer BVD virus in the E2 region (420 nucleotides) through 4 generations showed only 7 mutations, which were maintained from mother to offspring...
- Blechingberg J, Holm I, Nielsen K, Jensen T, Jørgensen A, Nielsen A. Identification and characterization of GFAPkappa, a novel glial fibrillary acidic protein isoform. Glia. 2007;55:497-507 pubmed
- Ravn Haren G, Bugel S, Krath B, Hoac T, Stagsted J, Jørgensen K, et al. A short-term intervention trial with selenate, selenium-enriched yeast and selenium-enriched milk: effects on oxidative defence regulation. Br J Nutr. 2008;99:883-92 pubmed..Short-term Se supplementation does not seem to affect blood lipid markers or expression and activity of selected enzymes and a transcription factor involved in glutathione-mediated detoxification and antioxidation. ..
- Laursen K, Mielke E, Iannaccone P, Füchtbauer E. Mechanism of transcriptional activation by the proto-oncogene Twist1. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34623-33 pubmed..We found three specific residues in the highly conserved WR domain to be essential for the transactivating function of murine Twist1 and suggest an alpha-helical structure of the transactivation domain. ..
- Ravn Haren G, Krath B, Overvad K, Cold S, Moesgaard S, Larsen E, et al. Effect of long-term selenium yeast intervention on activity and gene expression of antioxidant and xenobiotic metabolising enzymes in healthy elderly volunteers from the Danish Prevention of Cancer by Intervention by Selenium (PRECISE) pilot study. Br J Nutr. 2008;99:1190-8 pubmed..Down regulation of phase 2 genes could increase the risk of cancer. However, further studies are needed to establish whether the observed effect in leucocytes reflects a similar expression pattern in target tissues. ..
- Gottschalk S, Bygebjerg Hove I, Bonde M, Nielsen P, Nguyen T, Gravesen A, et al. The two-component system CesRK controls the transcriptional induction of cell envelope-related genes in Listeria monocytogenes in response to cell wall-acting antibiotics. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:4772-6 pubmed publisher..The CesRK-dependent induction of these genes may be viewed as an attempt by L. monocytogenes to protect itself against the damaging effects of cell wall-acting antibiotics. ..
- Kristensen L, Daugaard I, Christensen M, Hamilton Dutoit S, Hager H, Hansen L. Increased sensitivity of KRAS mutation detection by high-resolution melting analysis of COLD-PCR products. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:1366-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, COLD-PCR combined with HRM, is a simple way of increasing the sensitivity of KRAS mutation detection without adding to the complexity and cost of the experiments. ..
- Schmid M, Poulsen M, Olszewski P, Pelechano V, Saguez C, Gupta I, et al. Rrp6p controls mRNA poly(A) tail length and its decoration with poly(A) binding proteins. Mol Cell. 2012;47:267-80 pubmed publisher..We suggest that a nuclear mRNP surveillance step involves targeting of Rrp6p by Nab2p-bound pA-tailed RNPs and that pre-mRNA abundance is regulated at this level. ..
- Birkelund S, Lundemose A, Christiansen G. The 75-kilodalton cytoplasmic Chlamydia trachomatis L2 polypeptide is a DnaK-like protein. Infect Immun. 1990;58:2098-104 pubmed..This mixed promoter was recognized in E. coli...
- Caspersen M, Bennett K, Christensen H. Expression and characterization of recombinant Rhodocyclus tenuis high potential iron-sulfur protein. Protein Expr Purif. 2000;19:259-64 pubmed..All the observed properties of the recombinant protein parallel those of the native protein or those of native HiPIPs in general, indicating correct folding and incorporation of the iron-sulfur cluster...
- Tolstrup N, Sensen C, Garrett R, Clausen I. Two different and highly organized mechanisms of translation initiation in the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. Extremophiles. 2000;4:175-9 pubmed..The box A signal is located about 27 nt upstream of the start codon, which implies that little or no upstream sequence is available for translation initiation for this group of genes. This finding is discussed. ..
- Lübeck P, Wolffs P, On S, Ahrens P, Radstrom P, Hoorfar J. Toward an international standard for PCR-based detection of food-borne thermotolerant Campylobacters: assay development and analytical validation. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:5664-9 pubmed..The standardized PCR test described shows potential for use in large-scale screening programs for food-borne Campylobacter species under the assay conditions specified...
- Vongsangnak W, Olsen P, Hansen K, Krogsgaard S, Nielsen J. Improved annotation through genome-scale metabolic modeling of Aspergillus oryzae. BMC Genomics. 2008;9:245 pubmed publisher..oryzae was reconstructed. The model accurately predicted the growth and biomass yield on different carbon sources. The model serves as an important resource for gaining further insight into our understanding of A. oryzae physiology. ..
- Whiteford J, Ko S, Lee W, Couchman J. Structural and cell adhesion properties of zebrafish syndecan-4 are shared with higher vertebrates. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29322-30 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the cell adhesion properties of syndecan-4 are consistent across the vertebrate spectrum and reflect an early acquisition of specialization after syndecan gene duplication events at the invertebrate/early chordate boundary. ..
- Dons L, Rasmussen O, Olsen J. Cloning and characterization of a gene encoding flagellin of Listeria monocytogenes. Mol Microbiol. 1992;6:2919-29 pubmed..monocytogenes can be divided into two groups. These groups correspond to the flagellar antigens AB and ABC, respectively, as well as to the two types of L. monocytogenes based on the DNA sequence of the listeriolysin gene. ..