Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on base sequence in Canada
Topic: base sequence
Publications337 found, 100 shown here
- Ebhardt H, Wiese K, Unrau P. Ebbie: automated analysis and storage of small RNA cloning data using a dynamic web server. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:185 pubmed..Once the server is installed locally, its access can be restricted to protect sensitive new DNA sequencing data. Ebbie was primarily designed for smRNA cloning projects, but can be applied to a variety of RNA and DNA cloning projects. ..
- C t F, Par C, Majeau N, Bolduc M, Leblanc E, Bergeron M, et al. Nucleotide sequence and phylogenetic analysis of a new potexvirus: Malva mosaic virus. Infect Genet Evol. 2008;8:83-93 pubmed publisher..The consensus GAAAA sequence is detected at the 5'-end of the genomic RNA and experimental data strongly suggest that this motif could be a distinctive hallmark of this genus. The name Malva mosaic virus is proposed...
- Said K, Ramotar K, Zhu G, Zhao X. Repeat-based subtyping and grouping of Staphylococcus aureus from human infections and bovine mastitis using the R-domain of the clumping factor A gene. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2009;63:24-37 pubmed publisher..Moreover, existence of variant repeats in human strains and the dominance of a clonal motif in mastitis may imply that a specific selection has occurred in the mammary gland...
- Cote J, Ruiz Carrillo A. Primers for mitochondrial DNA replication generated by endonuclease G. Science. 1993;261:765-9 pubmed..The cleavage sites match those found in vivo, indicating that Endo G is capable of generating the RNA primers required by DNA polymerase gamma to initiate replication of mitochondrial DNA. ..
- Coady M, Jalal F, Chen X, Lemay G, Berteloot A, Lapointe J. Electrogenic amino acid exchange via the rBAT transporter. FEBS Lett. 1994;356:174-8 pubmed..This transport represents a major mode of action of this protein, and may help in defining a physiological role for rBAT in the apical membrane of renal and intestinal cells. ..
- Danyluk J, Houde M, Rassart E, Sarhan F. Differential expression of a gene encoding an acidic dehydrin in chilling sensitive and freezing tolerant gramineae species. FEBS Lett. 1994;344:20-4 pubmed..Characterization of the regulatory factors controlling these genes may help to establish an appropriate strategy to improve freezing tolerance. ..
- Triggs Raine B, Benoit G, Salo T, Trasler J, Gravel R. Characterization of the murine beta-hexosaminidase (HEXB) gene. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1227:79-86 pubmed..The kidney and the epididymis had the highest mRNA levels consistent with past surveys of enzyme activity. ..
- Corness J, Demchyshyn L, Seeman P, Van Tol H, Srikant C, Kent G, et al. A human somatostatin receptor (SSTR3), located on chromosome 22, displays preferential affinity for somatostatin-14 like peptides. FEBS Lett. 1993;321:279-84 pubmed
- Gendron N, Dumont M, Gagné M, Lemaire S. Poly A-containing histone H4 mRNA variant (H4-v. 1): isolation and sequence determination from bovine adrenal medulla. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1396:32-8 pubmed..Thus, bovine histone H4-v.1 mRNA represents the first example of a histone H4 transcript that contains both 3'UTR characteristics of cell-cycle dependent and cell-cycle independent histone mRNAs. ..
- Pelchat M, Gagnon Y, Laberge S, Lapointe J. Co-transcription of Rhizobium meliloti lysyl-tRNA synthetase and glutamyl-tRNA synthetase genes. FEBS Lett. 1999;449:23-7 pubmed..meliloti. This is the first reported case of two immediately adjacent and co-transcribed genes encoding aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases. ..
- White P, Titolo S, Brault K, Thauvette L, Pelletier A, Welchner E, et al. Inhibition of human papillomavirus DNA replication by small molecule antagonists of the E1-E2 protein interaction. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:26765-72 pubmed..These results highlight the potential of the E1-E2 interaction as a small molecule antiviral target...
- Sauvageau G, Lansdorp P, Eaves C, Hogge D, Dragowska W, Reid D, et al. Differential expression of homeobox genes in functionally distinct CD34+ subpopulations of human bone marrow cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12223-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate the expression of a broad range of Hox genes in primitive hematopoietic cells and point to the existence of a regulated program of Hox gene expression during their normal development. ..
- Ramirez C, Shimmin L, Leggatt P, Matheson A. Structure and transcription of the L11-L1-L10-L12 ribosomal protein gene operon from the extreme thermophilic archaeon Sulfolobus acidocaldarius. J Mol Biol. 1994;244:242-9 pubmed..There are overlapping stop/start codons between the L11 and L1 genes, and between the L1 and L10, suggesting that the translation of the four genes might be coupled as in the bacteria. ..
- Saint Jacques E, Seguin C. Cloning and nucleotide sequence of a complementary DNA encoding Xenopus laevis metallothionein: mRNA accumulation in response to heavy metals. DNA Cell Biol. 1993;12:329-40 pubmed..High levels of mRNA were maintained for more than 48 hr. Cd2+ and Zn2+ induced XlMT-A mRNA in all tissues examined (kidney, spleen, heart, intestine, testes, and brain). Dexamethasone did not induce MT mRNA synthesis in the liver. ..
- Carreno R, Schnitzler B, Jeffries A, Tenter A, Johnson A, Barta J. Phylogenetic analysis of coccidia based on 18S rDNA sequence comparison indicates that Isospora is most closely related to Toxoplasma and Neospora. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 1998;45:184-8 pubmed..The other lineage comprises the Sarcocystis spp. which have no proliferative phase in the definitive host and an endogenous phase of sporogony...
- Gramolini A, Belanger G, Jasmin B. Distinct regions in the 3' untranslated region are responsible for targeting and stabilizing utrophin transcripts in skeletal muscle cells. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:1173-83 pubmed
- Kim G, Miyamoto C, Meighen E, Lee B. Cloning and characterization of the bile salt hydrolase genes (bsh) from Bifidobacterium bifidum strains. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:5603-12 pubmed publisher..PCR amplification with the type-specific primer set revealed the high level of sequence homology in their bsh genes within the species of B. bifidum...
- Cojocariu M, St Louis M, Archambault D. Bovine immunodeficiency virus: identification of a long terminal repeat sequence with enhanced promoter activity. Arch Virol. 2009;154:1163-7 pubmed publisher..Restoration experiments to the wild-type genotype indicated that both the -135 and -114 nucleic acid substitutions were responsible for the enhanced promoter activity of BIV LTRn...
- Kibenge M, Iwamoto T, Wang Y, Morton A, Routledge R, Kibenge F. Discovery of variant infectious salmon anaemia virus (ISAV) of European genotype in British Columbia, Canada. Virol J. 2016;13:3 pubmed publisher..Our results further suggest that ISAV-HPRÎ” strains can be present without clinical disease in farmed fish and without being detected by virus isolation using fish cell lines. ..
- Kulkarni A, Damha M, Schinazi R, Mo H, DOEHLE B, Sagan S, et al. A Complex Network of Interactions between S282 and G283 of Hepatitis C Virus Nonstructural Protein 5B and the Template Strand Affects Susceptibility to Sofosbuvir and Ribavirin. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2018-27 pubmed publisher
- Zafarullah M, Wisniewski J, Shworak N, Schieman S, Misra S, Gedamu L. Molecular cloning and characterization of a constitutively expressed heat-shock-cognate hsc71 gene from rainbow trout. Eur J Biochem. 1992;204:893-900 pubmed..The expression pattern of these constructs supports our conclusion that the isolated genomic and cDNA clones correspond to a trout heat-shock-cognate hsc70 gene. ..
- Leberer E, Charuk J, Green N, MacLennan D. Molecular cloning and expression of cDNA encoding a lumenal calcium binding glycoprotein from sarcoplasmic reticulum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:6047-51 pubmed..We propose that this lumenal Ca2+ binding glycoprotein of the sarcoplasmic reticulum be designated "sarcalumenin." ..
- Fujii J, Lytton J, Tada M, MacLennan D. Rabbit cardiac and slow-twitch muscle express the same phospholamban gene. FEBS Lett. 1988;227:51-5 pubmed..The nucleotide sequences of the 5'- and the very long 3'-untranslated regions of rabbit and dog phospholamban cDNAs also exhibited a high percentage of identity. ..
- Figlewicz D, Delattre O, Guellaen G, Krizus A, Thomas G, Zucman J, et al. Mapping of human gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase genes on chromosome 22 and other human autosomes. Genomics. 1993;17:299-305 pubmed..In addition, we have been able to identify GGT-related sequences on chromosomes 18, 19, and 20. ..
- Minta J, Wong M, Kozak C, Kunnath Muglia L, Goldberger G. cDNA cloning, sequencing and chromosomal assignment of the gene for mouse complement factor I (C3b/C4b inactivator): identification of a species specific divergent segment in factor I. Mol Immunol. 1996;33:101-12 pubmed..The significance of the diversity of the D segment is at present unclear. We also report the chromosomal localization of the mouse factor I gene (Cfi) to distal chromosome 3 near Egf. ..
- Ohan N, Bayaa M, Kumar P, Zhu L, Liu X. A novel insulin receptor substrate protein, xIRS-u, potentiates insulin signaling: functional importance of its pleckstrin homology domain. Mol Endocrinol. 1998;12:1086-98 pubmed..This is the first report that the PH domain of an IRS protein can function in a dominant negative manner to inhibit insulin signaling. ..
- Abdalla S, Pece Barbara N, Vera S, Tapia E, Paez E, Bernabeu C, et al. Analysis of ALK-1 and endoglin in newborns from families with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 2. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:1227-37 pubmed..Our data suggest a transient association between these two proteins of the TGF-beta superfamily, both required at a critical level to ensure vessel wall integrity. ..
- Gaucher D, Chadee K. Gerbil interleukin-18 and caspase-1: cloning, expression and characterization. Gene. 2003;307:159-66 pubmed..A partially purified preparation of gerbil mature IL-18 was bioactive, as it stimulated the proliferation of gerbil spleen cells in a dose-dependent manner. ..
- Beaudet M, Desrochers M, Lachaud A, Anderson A. The CYP2B2 phenobarbital response unit contains binding sites for hepatocyte nuclear factor 4, PBX-PREP1, the thyroid hormone receptor beta and the liver X receptor. Biochem J. 2005;388:407-18 pubmed..This parallels the functional differences in conferring PB responsiveness between NR1 and NR3 on the one hand, and NR2 on the other. ..
- Luddington I, Kaczmarska I, Lovejoy C. Distance and character-based evaluation of the V4 region of the 18S rRNA gene for the identification of diatoms (Bacillariophyceae). PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45664 pubmed publisher..The reliability of amplification, extensive reference library and variability seen in the V4 region make it the most promising candidate to date for a barcode marker for diatoms particularly when combined with DNA character analysis. ..
- Vakili H, Jin Y, Menticoglou S, Cattini P. CCAAT-enhancer-binding protein ? (C/EBP?) and downstream human placental growth hormone genes are targets for dysregulation in pregnancies complicated by maternal obesity. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:22849-61 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence for CS/GH-V dysregulation in acute HFD-induced obesity in mouse pregnancy and chronic obesity in human pregnancy and implicate C/EBP?, a factor associated with CS regulation and placental development. ..
- Watt V, Yip C. Amino acid sequence deduced from a rat kidney cDNA suggests it encodes the Zn-peptidase aminopeptidase N. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:5480-7 pubmed..Taken together with the observation that only a single gene homologous to KZP DNA is present in the rat and human genomes, these results suggest that we have established the primary structure of rat kidney aminopeptidase N. ..
- Wang H, Meury L, Pinsonneault S, Morais R. Chicken acidic ribosomal phosphoprotein PO: isolation and molecular characterization of cDNA clones. Biochem Mol Biol Int. 1995;36:595-604 pubmed..By Northern analysis, the PO probe detects a major RNA species 1.1-kilobases long, and a minor species 4.0-kilobases long which has no equivalent thus far in mammals. ..
- Harvey M, Arcellana Panlilio M, Zhang X, Schultz G, Watson A. Expression of genes encoding antioxidant enzymes in preimplantation mouse and cow embryos and primary bovine oviduct cultures employed for embryo coculture. Biol Reprod. 1995;53:532-40 pubmed..These experiments suggest that differences in gene expression may contribute to the variation in the ability of embryos to develop in vitro with respect to levels of oxygen and dependence on coculture. ..
- Wang R, Sole M, Cukerman E, Liew C. Characterization and nucleotide sequence of the cardiac alpha-myosin heavy chain gene from Syrian hamster. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 1994;26:1155-65 pubmed..Eleven B1 and four B2 retroposons were identified, a variety of di-, tri-, and tetra-nucleotide repeats were present, and three longer direct repeats were found. Some of them appear to be associated with genetic recombination events. ..
- Ren W, Ng G, Wang R, Wu P, O Dowd B, Osmond D, et al. The identification of NP25: a novel protein that is differentially expressed by neuronal subpopulations. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1994;22:173-85 pubmed..The wide and differential distribution of NP25 in the brain suggests that it may play a particular important role in the function of specific neuronal systems. ..
- Farahani R, Fong W, Korneluk R, MacKenzie A. Genomic organization and primary characterization of miap-3: the murine homologue of human X-linked IAP. Genomics. 1997;42:514-8 pubmed..miap-3 is composed of six exons and five introns spanning approximately 20 kb. miap-3 has been assigned to the A3-A5 region of mouse chromosome X by FISH analysis. ..
- Swidzinski J, Zaplachinski S, Chuong S, Wong J, Muench D. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of a highly conserved rice mago nashil homolog. Genome. 2001;44:394-400 pubmed..The highly conserved amino acid sequence of all Mago Nashi protein homologs across kingdoms suggests that the plant version of this protein may similarly be involved in RNA localization. ..
- Fujiki K, Gauley J, Bols N, Dixon B. Genomic cloning of novel isotypes of the rainbow trout interleukin-8. Immunogenetics. 2003;55:126-31 pubmed..Polymerase chain reaction of the repeat region was useful for typing rainbow trout into four categories, and the type III and IV fish have a new allele, IL-8F, which lacks one repeat unit compared with IL-8A. ..
- Duplessis M, Russell W, Romero D, Moineau S. Global gene expression analysis of two Streptococcus thermophilus bacteriophages using DNA microarray. Virology. 2005;340:192-208 pubmed..thermophilus phages Sfi19 and Sfi21. To our knowledge, this report presents the first complete transcription analysis of bacteriophages infecting Gram-positive bacteria using the DNA microarray technology...
- Landais S, Quantin R, Rassart E. Radiation leukemia virus common integration at the Kis2 locus: simultaneous overexpression of a novel noncoding RNA and of the proximal Phf6 gene. J Virol. 2005;79:11443-56 pubmed..With the recent release of the mouse genome sequence, high-throughput retroviral tagging emerges as a powerful tool in the quest for oncogenes. It also allows the analysis of large DNA regions surrounding the integration locus...
- Ramjeet M, Deslandes V, St Michael F, Cox A, Kobisch M, Gottschalk M, et al. Truncation of the lipopolysaccharide outer core affects susceptibility to antimicrobial peptides and virulence of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae serotype 1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:39104-14 pubmed..pleuropneumoniae against cationic peptides and that deletion of specific residues in the outer LPS core results in the attenuation of the virulence of A. pleuropneumoniae serotype 1...
- Zhu X, Asa S, Ezzat S. Ikaros is regulated through multiple histone modifications and deoxyribonucleic acid methylation in the pituitary. Mol Endocrinol. 2007;21:1205-15 pubmed..These findings have important implications for the understanding of Ikaros' role in epigenetic functions and suggest a potential role for demethylating agents in the treatment of related disorders. ..
- Houde A, Murphy B, Mathieu O, Bordignon V, Palin M. Characterization of swine adiponectin and adiponectin receptor polymorphisms and their association with reproductive traits. Anim Genet. 2008;39:249-57 pubmed publisher..Selection for these SNPs and haplotypes is a strategy to improve reproductive success in pigs. ..
- Frick M, Neuhard J, Kelln R. Cloning, nucleotide sequence and regulation of the Salmonella typhimurium pyrD gene encoding dihydroorotate dehydrogenase. Eur J Biochem. 1990;194:573-8 pubmed..The results are discussed in terms of a translational attenuation model for regulation of pyrD expression. ..
- Leon del Rio A, Leclerc D, Akerman B, Wakamatsu N, Gravel R. Isolation of a cDNA encoding human holocarboxylase synthetase by functional complementation of a biotin auxotroph of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:4626-30 pubmed..We anticipate that alternative splicing most likely mediates the mitochondrial versus cytoplasmic expression, although the elements required for directing the enzyme to the mitochondria remain to be confirmed. ..
- Paquin B, Laforest M, Lang B. Interspecific transfer of mitochondrial genes in fungi and creation of a homologous hybrid gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:11807-10 pubmed..We present evidence that this insertion may have been acquired by interspecific transfer and we discuss the possible role of the endonuclease in this process...
- Wittmann S, Shareck F, Kluepfel D, Morosoli R. Purification and characterization of the CelB endoglucanase from Streptomyces lividans 66 and DNA sequence of the encoding gene. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1994;60:1701-3 pubmed..With carboxymethyl cellulose as the substrate, the Vmax and Km values are 110 IU/mg of enzyme and 1.3 mg/ml, respectively. Comparison of primary amino acid sequences classifies CelB in the H family of cellulases. ..
- Figlewicz D, Rouleau G, Krizus A, Julien J. Polymorphism in the multi-phosphorylation domain of the human neurofilament heavy-subunit-encoding gene. Gene. 1993;132:297-300 pubmed..In addition, we also identified a point mutation in one individual which would result in a Pro-->Leu substitution in one of the repeat motifs. ..
- Seidah N, Hamelin J, Mamarbachi M, Dong W, Tardos H, Mbikay M, et al. cDNA structure, tissue distribution, and chromosomal localization of rat PC7, a novel mammalian proprotein convertase closest to yeast kexin-like proteinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3388-93 pubmed..The gene for PC7 (Pcsk7) was mapped to mouse chromosome 9 by linkage analysis of an interspecific backcross DNA panel. ..
- Merante F, Duncan A, Mitchell G, Duff C, Rommens J, Robinson B. Chromosomal localization of the human liver form cytochrome c oxidase subunit VIIa gene. Genome. 1997;40:318-24 pubmed
- Micheva K, Ramjaun A, Kay B, McPherson P. SH3 domain-dependent interactions of endophilin with amphiphysin. FEBS Lett. 1997;414:308-12 pubmed..The interaction is direct and mediated through a 43 amino acid region of amphiphysin containing the putative SH3 binding site. These data further support a role for amphiphysin I, II and endophilin in synaptic vesicle endocytosis. ..
- Allen B, Andrea J, Sutherland C, Schönekess B, Walsh M. Molecular cloning of chicken calcyclin (S100A6) and identification of putative isoforms. Biochem Cell Biol. 1997;75:733-8 pubmed
- Huang X, Luu The V. Molecular characterization of a first human 3(alpha-->beta)-hydroxysteroid epimerase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:29452-7 pubmed..Because active hydroxysteroids generally exert their effect in a stereo-specific manner, 3(alpha-->beta)-HSE could thus potentially play an important role in regulating the biological activities of various steroids. ..
- Pelchat M, Cote F, Perreault J. Study of the polymerization step of the rolling circle replication of peach latent mosaic viroid. Arch Virol. 2001;146:1753-63 pubmed..These data suggest that the bacterial-like RNA polymerase from peach chloroplasts catalyzes PLMVd replication. ..
- Beaudoin J, Mercier A, Langlois R, Labbe S. The Schizosaccharomyces pombe Cuf1 is composed of functional modules from two distinct classes of copper metalloregulatory transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:14565-77 pubmed..pombe Cuf1 1-61, and the nature of the amino acids located downstream of this amino-terminal conserved region may be crucial in dictating the type of regulatory response required to establish and maintain copper homeostasis. ..
- Steiner Mosonyi M, Leslie D, Dehghani H, Aitchison J, Mangroo D. Utp8p is an essential intranuclear component of the nuclear tRNA export machinery of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:32236-45 pubmed..Taken together, the results suggest that Utp8p is an essential intranuclear component of the nuclear tRNA export machinery, which may channel tRNA to the various tRNA export pathways operating in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Pilon G, Dallaire P, Marette A. Inhibition of inducible nitric-oxide synthase by activators of AMP-activated protein kinase: a new mechanism of action of insulin-sensitizing drugs. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20767-74 pubmed..These results indicate that AMPK is a novel anti-inflammatory signaling pathway and thus represents a promising therapeutic target for immune-inflammatory disorders. ..
- Baird S, Lewis S, Turcotte M, Holcik M. A search for structurally similar cellular internal ribosome entry sites. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:4664-77 pubmed..We therefore propose that cellular IRES are not defined by overall structure, as viral IRES, but are instead dependent upon short motifs and trans-acting factors for their function. ..
- Mathew J, Galarneau L, Loranger A, Gilbert S, Marceau N. Keratin-protein kinase C interaction in reactive oxygen species-induced hepatic cell death through mitochondrial signaling. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;45:413-24 pubmed publisher..Together, these results point to a key regulatory function for K8/K18 in ROS-induced mitochondria-mediated death through PKCdelta involvement in hepatic cells. ..
- Whitteker J, Dudani A, Tackaberry E. Human fibroblasts are permissive for porcine cytomegalovirus in vitro. Transplantation. 2008;86:155-62 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, one of these mAbs and the pig serum neutralized PCMV infection in vitro. These results are a first demonstration that PCMV can infect human fibroblasts in vitro. ..
- Hao W, Ma J, Warren K, Tsang R, Low D, Jamieson F, et al. Extensive genomic variation within clonal complexes of Neisseria meningitidis. Genome Biol Evol. 2011;3:1406-18 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings emphasize the extensive genomic plasticity of Nm and the limitations of standard molecular methods to quantify this genotypic and phenotypic diversity. ..
- Nicolas G, Wallon D, Goupil C, Richard A, Pottier C, Dorval V, et al. Mutation in the 3'untranslated region of APP as a genetic determinant of cerebral amyloid angiopathy. Eur J Hum Genet. 2016;24:92-8 pubmed publisher..These results identify APP 3'UTR sequence variants as genetic determinants of AÎ²-CAA. ..
- Brosnan J, Vargas J, Breeden G, Grier L, Aponte R, Tresch S, et al. A new amino acid substitution (Ala-205-Phe) in acetolactate synthase (ALS) confers broad spectrum resistance to ALS-inhibiting herbicides. Planta. 2016;243:149-59 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of Ala-205-Phe mutation conferring wide spectrum resistance to ALS inhibiting herbicides. ..
- Pelletier M, Marcil A, Sevigny G, Jakob C, Tessier D, Chevet E, et al. The heterodimeric structure of glucosidase II is required for its activity, solubility, and localization in vivo. Glycobiology. 2000;10:815-27 pubmed..The substrate specificities of both isoforms using the physiological oligosaccharides were assessed and found to be similar. ..
- Chen Q, Pearlman R, Moens P. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA encoding a synaptonemal complex protein. Biochem Cell Biol. 1992;70:1030-8 pubmed..The protein shows no overall similarity to proteins of known function, nor is there similarity to protein sequences present in GenBank or EMBL data bases. ..
- Cai F, Tang D, Weber J. Primary structure of the murine adenovirus type 1 proteinase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1992;1129:339-41 pubmed..This gene is followed by a 147 amino acid C-terminal portion of the DNA-binding protein, encoded by the complementary strand. ..
- Shareck F, Roy C, Yaguchi M, Morosoli R, Kluepfel D. Sequences of three genes specifying xylanases in Streptomyces lividans. Gene. 1991;107:75-82 pubmed..The N-terminus of the XlnA showed some homology with either the N-termini or the C-termini of eight other Xln and of two exo-glucanases. The N-terminus of XlnB is homologous to that of XlnC and to Xln of seven other microorganisms...
- Lacroix D, Desrochers M, Lambert M, Anderson A. Alternative splicing of mRNA encoding rat liver cytochrome P450e (P450IIB2). Gene. 1990;86:201-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that individual rats can possess both forms of P450e mRNA and that an alternative splicing mechanism is responsible for their formation. ..
- Boer P, Adra C, Lau Y, McBurney M. The testis-specific phosphoglycerate kinase gene pgk-2 is a recruited retroposon. Mol Cell Biol. 1987;7:3107-12 pubmed..The pgk-2 gene may, then, be a transcribed retroposon. Thus, gene duplication by retroposition may have been used as a mechanism for evolutionary diversification. ..
- Lusson J, Vieau D, Hamelin J, Day R, Chretien M, Seidah N. cDNA structure of the mouse and rat subtilisin/kexin-like PC5: a candidate proprotein convertase expressed in endocrine and nonendocrine cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:6691-5 pubmed..In situ hybridization of rat brain sections demonstrated a unique distribution of PC5 compared to PC1, PC2, and furin. ..
- Dai L, Ritchie G, Bapty B, Raymond L, Quamme G. Na+/Ca2+ exchanger in epithelial cells of the porcine cortical thick ascending limb. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:F411-8 pubmed..The results provide both functional and molecular evidence for a Na+/Ca2+ exchanger in thick ascending limb cells of the porcine kidney. ..
- Harding M, Prud homme I, Rola J, Dulac G. Development of PCR-based tests for the identification of North American isolates of epizootic haemorrhagic disease virus. Can J Vet Res. 1996;60:59-64 pubmed..The techniques presented are expected to prove valuable for rapid and specific detection of possible future EHDV incursions in wild and domestic animal species...
- Umelo E, Noonan B, Trust T. Cloning, characterization and expression of the recA gene of Aeromonas salmonicida. Gene. 1996;175:133-6 pubmed..The rate of A. salmonicida-mediated recombination in E. coli was increased by exposure to UV light, which suggests that SOS induction in A. salmonicida parallels that of E. coli. ..
- Lu J, Aoki H, Ganoza M. Molecular characterization of a prokaryotic translation factor homologous to the eukaryotic initiation factor eIF4A. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 1999;31:215-29 pubmed..The W2 protein is not required in standard initiation assays programmed by synthetic mRNAs of defined sequence that lack this feature. We conclude that W2 is an important factor for initiation in eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells. ..
- Bergeron A, D Astous M, Timm D, Tanguay R. Structural and functional analysis of missense mutations in fumarylacetoacetate hydrolase, the gene deficient in hereditary tyrosinemia type 1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:15225-31 pubmed
- Tumova K, Iwasiow R, Tiberi M. Insight into the mechanism of dopamine D1-like receptor activation. Evidence for a molecular interplay between the third extracellular loop and the cytoplasmic tail. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8146-53 pubmed..Overall, we show that a novel molecular interplay between EL3 and CT regulates multiple active conformations of D1-like receptors and may have potential implications for other G protein-coupled receptor classes. ..
- Belley A, Alexander D, Di Pietrantonio T, Girard M, Jones J, Schurr E, et al. Impact of methoxymycolic acid production by Mycobacterium bovis BCG vaccines. Infect Immun. 2004;72:2803-9 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that the loss of methoxymycolic acid production did not apparently affect the virulence of BCG strains. ..
- Plourde M, Samson C, Durocher F, Sinilnokova O, Simard J. Characterization of HSD17B1 sequence variants in breast cancer cases from French Canadian families with high risk of breast and ovarian cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2008;109:115-28 pubmed..However, a haplotype-based approach was used to establish tSNPs, providing a valuable tool for further searches of common disease-associated variants in this gene, using large cohorts. ..
- Yotova V, Lefebvre J, Moreau C, Gbeha E, Hovhannesyan K, Bourgeois S, et al. An X-linked haplotype of Neandertal origin is present among all non-African populations. Mol Biol Evol. 2011;28:1957-62 pubmed publisher..It indicates a very early admixture between expanding African migrants and Neandertals prior to or very early on the route of the out-of-Africa expansion that led to the successful colonization of the planet. ..
- Plourde K, Labrie Y, Desjardins S, Belleau P, Ouellette G, Durocher F. Analysis of ZNF350/ZBRK1 promoter variants and breast cancer susceptibility in non-BRCA1/2 French Canadian breast cancer families. J Hum Genet. 2013;58:59-66 pubmed publisher..Additional studies in larger cohorts and other populations will be needed to further evaluate whether common and/or rare ZNF350 promoter variants and haplotypes could be associated with a modest risk of breast cancer. ..
- Mok W, Li Y. A highly efficient molecular cloning platform that utilises a small bacterial toxin gene. Chembiochem. 2013;14:733-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, these IbsC-based cloning vectors are as reliable and amenable to high-throughput cloning as commercially available systems, and have the advantage of being more time-efficient and cost-effective. ..
- Quach K, Grover S, Kenigsberg S, Librach C. A combination of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the 3'untranslated region of HLA-G is associated with preeclampsia. Hum Immunol. 2014;75:1163-70 pubmed publisher..001). Taken together with the current literature, the data suggests that HLA-G 3'UTR SNP-pair associations, and not individual SNPs, could be useful in a predictive test for the susceptibility to preeclampsia. ..
- Thomassin H, Hamel D, Bernier D, Guertin M, Belanger L. Molecular cloning of two C/EBP-related proteins that bind to the promoter and the enhancer of the alpha 1-fetoprotein gene. Further analysis of C/EBP beta and C/EBP gamma. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:3091-8 pubmed..The high levels of C/EBP beta and gamma mRNAs in rat yolk sac and fetal liver, where C/EBP alpha is poorly expressed, suggest that C/EBP beta and/or gamma could be preponderant or early regulators of the AFP gene in these tissues. ..
- Chan V, Bingham H. Complete sequence of the Campylobacter jejuni glyA gene encoding serine hydroxymethyltransferase. Gene. 1991;101:51-8 pubmed..coli. The C. jejuni glyA promoter may be useful in the construction of shuttle vectors between E. coli and C. jejuni...
- Sugamori K, Demchyshyn L, McConkey F, Forte M, Niznik H. A primordial dopamine D1-like adenylyl cyclase-linked receptor from Drosophila melanogaster displaying poor affinity for benzazepines. FEBS Lett. 1995;362:131-8 pubmed..The generation of inter-species D1 receptor chimeras may help to identify those particular sequence-specific motifs or amino acid residues conferring high affinity benzaepine receptor interactions. ..
- Brown A, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Rossant J, Kothary R. The genomic structure of an insertional mutation in the dystonia musculorum locus. Genomics. 1994;20:371-6 pubmed..We report that the integration of the transgene was accompanied by a deletion of 45 kb of host genomic sequences with no other detectable rearrangement in the Tg4 genome. ..
- Jean A, Reiss A, Desrochers M, Dubois S, Trottier E, Trottier Y, et al. Rat liver cytochrome P450 2B3: structure of the CYP2B3 gene and immunological identification of a constitutive P450 2B3-like protein in rat liver. DNA Cell Biol. 1994;13:781-92 pubmed..The results indicate that a 2B3-like protein is present in rat liver and that it is distinct from P450 PB6 and other known constitutive rat hepatic P450s. ..
- Qiu R, Schimmer B. cDNA for the beta 1 subunit of guanyl nucleotide-binding regulatory proteins from mouse adrenal glands. Gene. 1996;175:275-7 pubmed..In the 5' untranslated region, two sequence variants were isolated that differed by the presence or absence of a 49 base pair insert presumed to arise from alternative splicing. ..