Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on bacillus subtilis in France
Topic: bacillus subtilis
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Saini S, Belgacem M, Bras J. Effect of variable aminoalkyl chains on chemical grafting of cellulose nanofiber and their antimicrobial activity. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2017;75:760-768 pubmed publisher..This study, for the first time, established the relationship between the aminoalkyl chain length and its corresponding antibacterial activity. ..
- Bruand C, Ehrlich S. The Bacillus subtilis dnaI gene is part of the dnaB operon. Microbiology. 1995;141 ( Pt 5):1199-200 pubmed..The dnaI gene of Bacillus subtilis, previously identified through the isolation of the dnaI2 mutant, was found to be the second gene of the dnaB operon. The nucleotide substitution in the dnaI2 mutant gene was determined. ..
- Le Coq D, Fillinger S, Aymerich S. Histidinol phosphate phosphatase, catalyzing the penultimate step of the histidine biosynthesis pathway, is encoded by ytvP (hisJ) in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:3277-80 pubmed..lactis and Schizosaccharomyces pombe, HisJ constitutes a family of related enzymes that are not homologous to the HolPases of Escherichia coli, Salmonella typhimurium, and Haemophilus influenzae...
- Rocha E, Danchin A, Viari A. Analysis of long repeats in bacterial genomes reveals alternative evolutionary mechanisms in Bacillus subtilis and other competent prokaryotes. Mol Biol Evol. 1999;16:1219-30 pubmed..The correlation of the spatial distribution of repeats and the absence of insertion sequences in a genome may indicate, in the framework of our model, that mechanisms aiming at their avoidance/elimination have been developed. ..
- Carpentier A, Torrésani B, Grossmann A, Hénaut A. Decoding the nucleoid organisation of Bacillus subtilis and Escherichia coli through gene expression data. BMC Genomics. 2005;6:84 pubmed..We explain our results by a model of the nucleoid solenoid structure based on two types of spirals (short and long). The long spirals are uncoiled expressed DNA while the short ones correspond to coiled unexpressed DNA. ..
- Herro R, Poncet S, Cossart P, Buchrieser C, Gouin E, Glaser P, et al. How seryl-phosphorylated HPr inhibits PrfA, a transcription activator of Listeria monocytogenes virulence genes. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2005;9:224-34 pubmed..In agreement with this concept, disruption of the enzyme I- or HPr-encoding genes also strongly inhibited PrfA activity. PrfA activity therefore seems to depend on a fully functional PTS phosphorylation cascade. ..
- Marchais A, Naville M, Bohn C, Bouloc P, Gautheret D. Single-pass classification of all noncoding sequences in a bacterial genome using phylogenetic profiles. Genome Res. 2009;19:1084-92 pubmed publisher..Besides offering a powerful method for de novo ncRNA identification, the analysis of phylogenetic profiles opens a new path toward the identification of functional relationships between co-evolving coding and noncoding elements. ..
- Rochat T, Nicolas P, Delumeau O, Rabatinov A, Korelusov J, Leduc A, et al. Genome-wide identification of genes directly regulated by the pleiotropic transcription factor Spx in Bacillus subtilis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:9571-83 pubmed publisher..Our study globally characterized the Spx regulatory network, revealing its role in the basal expression of some genes and its complex interplay with other stress responses...
- Chastanet A, Carballido Lopez R. The actin-like MreB proteins in Bacillus subtilis: a new turn. Front Biosci (Schol Ed). 2012;4:1582-606 pubmed..subtilis and the most recent findings in this rapidly evolving research field. ..
- Madec E, Laszkiewicz A, Iwanicki A, Obuchowski M, Seror S. Characterization of a membrane-linked Ser/Thr protein kinase in Bacillus subtilis, implicated in developmental processes. Mol Microbiol. 2002;46:571-86 pubmed..In addition, we showed that the product of prpC, a PPM phosphatase encoded by the adjacent gene, co-transcribed with prkC, is also required for normal biofilm and spore formation. ..
- Cladière L, Hamze K, Madec E, Levdikov V, Wilkinson A, Holland I, et al. The GTPase, CpgA(YloQ), a putative translation factor, is implicated in morphogenesis in Bacillus subtilis. Mol Genet Genomics. 2006;275:409-20 pubmed..The crystal structure of CpgA(YloQ) suggests a role as a translation initiation factor and we discuss the possibility that CpgA is involved in the translation of a subset of proteins, including some required for shape maintenance. ..
- Coutte F, Lecouturier D, Yahia S, Leclère V, Béchet M, Jacques P, et al. Production of surfactin and fengycin by Bacillus subtilis in a bubbleless membrane bioreactor. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;87:499-507 pubmed publisher..The degree of adsorption depended on both the material and the structure of the membrane and was higher with the submerged polypropylene membrane. ..
- Mehmood S, Domene C, Forest E, Jault J. Dynamics of a bacterial multidrug ABC transporter in the inward- and outward-facing conformations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:10832-6 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the unexpected flexibility of ABC exporters in the resting state and underline the power of HDX coupled to mass spectrometry to explore conformational changes and dynamics of large membrane proteins. ..
- Li de la Sierra Gallay I, Pellegrini O, Condon C. Structural basis for substrate binding, cleavage and allostery in the tRNA maturase RNase Z. Nature. 2005;433:657-61 pubmed..Finally, it highlights the extraordinary adaptability of the metallo-hydrolase domain of the beta-lactamase family for the hydrolysis of covalent bonds. ..
- Mechold U, Fang G, Ngo S, Ogryzko V, Danchin A. YtqI from Bacillus subtilis has both oligoribonuclease and pAp-phosphatase activity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:4552-61 pubmed publisher..coli. An ytqI mutant in B. subtilis shows impairment of growth in the absence of cysteine, a phenotype resembling that of a cysQ mutant in E. coli. Phylogenetic distribution of YtqI, Orn and CysQ supports bifunctionality of YtqI...
- Manival X, Yang Y, Strub M, Kochoyan M, Steinmetz M, Aymerich S. From genetic to structural characterization of a new class of RNA-binding domain within the SacY/BglG family of antiterminator proteins. EMBO J. 1997;16:5019-29 pubmed..This suggests a new mode of protein-RNA interaction. ..
- Even S, Burguière P, Auger S, Soutourina O, Danchin A, Martin Verstraete I. Global control of cysteine metabolism by CymR in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:2184-97 pubmed..Transcriptome analysis of a delta cymR mutant and the wild-type strain also brought out significant changes in the expression level of a large set of genes related to stress response or to transition toward anaerobiosis. ..
- Geissmann T, Chevalier C, Cros M, Boisset S, Fechter P, Noirot C, et al. A search for small noncoding RNAs in Staphylococcus aureus reveals a conserved sequence motif for regulation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:7239-57 pubmed publisher..This study unexpectedly shows that most of the novel ncRNAs carry the conserved C-rich motif, suggesting that they are members of a class of ncRNAs that target mRNAs by a shared mechanism. ..
- Lapidus A, Galleron N, Andersen J, J rgensen P, Ehrlich S, Sorokin A. Co-linear scaffold of the Bacillus licheniformis and Bacillus subtilis genomes and its use to compare their competence genes. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;209:23-30 pubmed..A new insertion sequence, designated IS3Bli1, was discovered in the competence region of the analyzed B. licheniformis strain...
- Doan T, Martin L, Zorrilla S, Chaix D, Aymerich S, Labesse G, et al. A phospho-sugar binding domain homologous to NagB enzymes regulates the activity of the central glycolytic genes repressor. Proteins. 2008;71:2038-50 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that the activity of the CggR-like repressors is controlled by a phospho-sugar binding (PSB) domain presenting structural and functional homology with NagB enzymes. ..
- Levy C, Aubert X, Lacour B, Carlin F. Relevant factors affecting microbial surface decontamination by pulsed light. Int J Food Microbiol. 2012;152:168-74 pubmed publisher..There was no correlation between the resistance to heat and the resistance to PL. The relative effect of UV-C radiations and light thermal energy on PL inactivation was discussed. ..
- Bernard R, Joseph P, Guiseppi A, Chippaux M, Denizot F. YtsCD and YwoA, two independent systems that confer bacitracin resistance to Bacillus subtilis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2003;228:93-7 pubmed
- Burguière P, Auger S, Hullo M, Danchin A, Martin Verstraete I. Three different systems participate in L-cystine uptake in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:4875-84 pubmed..The expression of the ytmI operon and the yhcL gene was regulated in response to sulfur availability, while the level of expression of the yckK gene remained low under all the conditions tested...
- Ravaud S, Do Cao M, Jidenko M, Ebel C, le Maire M, Jault J, et al. The ABC transporter BmrA from Bacillus subtilis is a functional dimer when in a detergent-solubilized state. Biochem J. 2006;395:345-53 pubmed..These observations, which are discussed in relation to results obtained in proteoliposomes, also constitute an important first step towards crystallographic studies of BmrA structure. ..
- Morel Deville F, Ehrlich S, Morel P. Identification by PCR of genes encoding multiple response regulators. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 5):1513-20 pubmed..This simple and powerful method is therefore particularly useful for discovering new signal transduction systems which cannot be revealed by usual genetic studies. ..
- Ali N, Bignon J, Rapoport G, Debarbouille M. Regulation of the acetoin catabolic pathway is controlled by sigma L in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:2497-504 pubmed..A specific interaction of CcpA in the upstream region of acoR was demonstrated by DNase I footprinting experiments, suggesting that repression of transcription of acoR is mediated by the binding of CcpA to the promoter region of acoR. ..
- Darbon E, Servant P, Poncet S, Deutscher J. Antitermination by GlpP, catabolite repression via CcpA and inducer exclusion triggered by P-GlpK dephosphorylation control Bacillus subtilis glpFK expression. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1039-52 pubmed..Similarly, despite the presence of glucose, large amounts of glycerol-3-P are formed in a glycerol-exposed strain synthesizing GlpKH230R, as this mutant GlpK is as active as P-GlpK. ..
- Nguyen T, Tran N, Cavin J. Genetic and biochemical analysis of PadR-padC promoter interactions during the phenolic acid stress response in Bacillus subtilis 168. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:4180-91 pubmed publisher..Of particular interest are residue L128, located at the center of the putative coiled-coil leucine zipper domain, and residue E97, which is conserved among all PadRs. ..
- Cousin C, Derouiche A, Shi L, Pagot Y, Poncet S, Mijakovic I. Protein-serine/threonine/tyrosine kinases in bacterial signaling and regulation. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2013;346:11-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, recently developed methods for studying protein phosphorylation networks in bacteria are briefly discussed. ..
- Galinier A, Haiech J, Kilhoffer M, Jaquinod M, Stülke J, Deutscher J, et al. The Bacillus subtilis crh gene encodes a HPr-like protein involved in carbon catabolite repression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:8439-44 pubmed..These results suggest that CCR of certain catabolic operons requires, in addition to CcpA, ATP-dependent phosphorylation of Crh, and HPr at Ser-46. ..
- Bernard R, El Ghachi M, Mengin Lecreulx D, Chippaux M, Denizot F. BcrC from Bacillus subtilis acts as an undecaprenyl pyrophosphate phosphatase in bacitracin resistance. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28852-7 pubmed..coli, a member of the PF02673 family of the Protein family (Pfam) database. Thus, BcrC(Bs) and its orthologs form a new class of proteins within the PAP2 phosphatase superfamily, and likely all of them share a UPP phosphatase activity...
- Karst J, Foucher A, Campbell T, Di Guilmi A, Stroebel D, Mangat C, et al. The ATPase activity of an 'essential' Bacillus subtilis enzyme, YdiB, is required for its cellular function and is modulated by oligomerization. Microbiology. 2009;155:944-56 pubmed publisher..subtilis extract, or when stabilized by formaldehyde cross-linking for YjeE from E. coli, suggesting that oligomerization might regulate the function of this new class of proteins in vivo...
- Jers C, Pedersen M, Paspaliari D, Schütz W, Johnsson C, Soufi B, et al. Bacillus subtilis BY-kinase PtkA controls enzyme activity and localization of its protein substrates. Mol Microbiol. 2010;77:287-99 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm that PtkA can control enzyme activity of its substrates in some cases, but also reveal a new mode of action for PtkA, namely ensuring correct cellular localization of its targets. ..
- Rueff A, Chastanet A, Dom nguez Escobar J, Yao Z, Yates J, Prejean M, et al. An early cytoplasmic step of peptidoglycan synthesis is associated to MreB in Bacillus subtilis. Mol Microbiol. 2014;91:348-62 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which soluble MreB organizes intracellular steps of peptidoglycan synthesis in the cytoplasm to feed the membrane-associated cell wall synthesizing machineries...
- Galinier A, Deutscher J, Martin Verstraete I. Phosphorylation of either crh or HPr mediates binding of CcpA to the bacillus subtilis xyn cre and catabolite repression of the xyn operon. J Mol Biol. 1999;286:307-14 pubmed..Fructose 1,6-bisphosphate was found to strongly enhance binding of the P-Ser-HPr/CcpA and P-Ser-Crh/CcpA complexes to the xyn cre, but had no effect on binding of CcpA alone. ..
- Monedero V, Poncet S, Mijakovic I, Fieulaine S, Dossonnet V, Martin Verstraete I, et al. Mutations lowering the phosphatase activity of HPr kinase/phosphatase switch off carbon metabolism. EMBO J. 2001;20:3928-37 pubmed..Disrupting ccpA relieved the growth defect only on non-PTS sugars, whereas replacing Ser46 in HPr with alanine also restored growth on PTS substrates. ..
- Joseph P, Guiseppi A, Sorokin A, Denizot F. Characterization of the Bacillus subtilis YxdJ response regulator as the inducer of expression for the cognate ABC transporter YxdLM. Microbiology. 2004;150:2609-17 pubmed..Whole-cell transcriptome analyses revealed that the YxdJ regulon is extremely restricted. In addition to the yxdJKLMyxeA operon, only a few genes involved in modifications of the bacterial cell wall were shown to be regulated by YxdJ...
- RodrÃguez Banqueri A, Errasti Murugarren E, Bartoccioni P, Kowalczyk L, PerÃ¡lvarez MarÃn A, PalacÃn M, et al. Stabilization of a prokaryotic LAT transporter by random mutagenesis. J Gen Physiol. 2016;147:353-68 pubmed publisher..Besides optimizing a member of the LAT family for structural determination, our work proposes a new approach that can be used to optimize any membrane protein of interest. ..
- van Tilbeurgh H, Le Coq D, Declerck N. Crystal structure of an activated form of the PTS regulation domain from the LicT transcriptional antiterminator. EMBO J. 2001;20:3789-99 pubmed..The structure suggests important tertiary and quaternary rearrangements upon LicT activation, which could be communicated from the protein C-terminal end up to the RNA-binding domain. ..
- Tortosa P, Declerck N, Dutartre H, Lindner C, Deutscher J, Le Coq D. Sites of positive and negative regulation in the Bacillus subtilis antiterminators LicT and SacY. Mol Microbiol. 2001;41:1381-93 pubmed..Thus, for both antiterminators, the EII-mediated inhibition process seems to rely primarily on the presence of a negative charge at the first conserved histidine of the PRD1. ..
- Dervyn E, Suski C, Daniel R, Bruand C, Chapuis J, Errington J, et al. Two essential DNA polymerases at the bacterial replication fork. Science. 2001;294:1716-9 pubmed..subtilis and in many other bacteria that contain both polC and dnaE genes. ..
- Martin Verstraete I, Deutscher J, Galinier A. Phosphorylation of HPr and Crh by HprK, early steps in the catabolite repression signalling pathway for the Bacillus subtilis levanase operon. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:2966-9 pubmed..In this study we demonstrated that in ptsH1 crh1 and hprK mutants, expression of the lev operon was completely relieved from CCR and that both P-Ser-HPr and P-Ser-Crh stimulated the binding of CcpA to the cre sequence of the lev operon. ..
- Biarrotte Sorin S, Hugonnet J, Delfosse V, Mainardi J, Gutmann L, Arthur M, et al. Crystal structure of a novel beta-lactam-insensitive peptidoglycan transpeptidase. J Mol Biol. 2006;359:533-8 pubmed..We propose that the two paths to the catalytic residue Cys442 are the binding sites for the acceptor and donor substrates of the L,D-transpeptidase. ..
- Wicker Planquart C, Foucher A, Louwagie M, Britton R, Jault J. Interactions of an essential Bacillus subtilis GTPase, YsxC, with ribosomes. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:681-90 pubmed publisher..Coimmobilization assays confirmed that L1, L6, and L7/L12 interact with YsxC. Together, these results suggest that YsxC plays a role in ribosome assembly...
- Redko Y, Aubert S, Stachowicz A, Lenormand P, Namane A, Darfeuille F, et al. A minimal bacterial RNase J-based degradosome is associated with translating ribosomes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:288-301 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings imply that in H. pylori, the mRNA-degrading machinery is associated with the translation apparatus, a situation till now thought to be restricted to eukaryotes and archaea. ..
- Mokhtari A, Blancato V, Repizo G, Henry C, Pikis A, Bourand A, et al. Enterococcus faecalis utilizes maltose by connecting two incompatible metabolic routes via a novel maltose 6'-phosphate phosphatase (MapP). Mol Microbiol. 2013;88:234-53 pubmed publisher..Dephosphorylation assays with a wide variety of phospho-substrates revealed that MapP preferably dephosphorylates disaccharides containing an O-?-glycosyl linkage...
- Bruand C, Velten M, McGovern S, Marsin S, Sérèna C, Ehrlich S, et al. Functional interplay between the Bacillus subtilis DnaD and DnaB proteins essential for initiation and re-initiation of DNA replication. Mol Microbiol. 2005;55:1138-50 pubmed..They also point at a main structural role of DnaD in the multiprotein assemblies built during these two essential processes. ..
- Pompeo F, Freton C, Wicker Planquart C, Grangeasse C, Jault J, Galinier A. Phosphorylation of CpgA protein enhances both its GTPase activity and its affinity for ribosome and is crucial for Bacillus subtilis growth and morphology. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:20830-8 pubmed publisher..Given the role of PrkC in B. subtilis spore germination, we propose that CpgA phosphorylation is a key regulatory process that is essential for B. subtilis development. ..
- Leiba J, Hartmann T, Cluzel M, Cohen Gonsaud M, Delolme F, Bischoff M, et al. A novel mode of regulation of the Staphylococcus aureus catabolite control protein A (CcpA) mediated by Stk1 protein phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:43607-19 pubmed publisher..aureus, representing a novel regulatory mechanism of CcpA activity in addition to the well known regulation via HprKP/Hpr in this clinically important pathogen. ..
- Sorokin A, Serror P, Pujic P, Azevedo V, Ehrlich S. The Bacillus subtilis chromosome region encoding homologues of the Escherichia coli mssA and rpsA gene products. Microbiology. 1995;141 ( Pt 2):311-9 pubmed..We suggest that during the evolution very similar structures and genetic organization of these two genes were conserved but acquired different functions in Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria. ..
- Doan T, Servant P, Tojo S, Yamaguchi H, Lerondel G, Yoshida K, et al. The Bacillus subtilis ywkA gene encodes a malic enzyme and its transcription is activated by the YufL/YufM two-component system in response to malate. Microbiology. 2003;149:2331-43 pubmed..ywkA and yufL/yufM could thus be renamed maeA for malic enzyme and malK/malR for malate kinase sensor/malate response regulator, respectively. ..
- Mijakovic I, Poncet S, Boel G, Mazé A, Gillet S, Jamet E, et al. Transmembrane modulator-dependent bacterial tyrosine kinase activates UDP-glucose dehydrogenases. EMBO J. 2003;22:4709-18 pubmed..YwqE, which is encoded by the fourth gene of the B.subtilis ywqCDEF operon, also dephosphorylates P-Tyr-YwqD. ..
- Redrejo Rodríguez M, Vigouroux A, Mursalimov A, Grin I, Alili D, Koshenov Z, et al. Structural comparison of AP endonucleases from the exonuclease III family reveals new amino acid residues in human AP endonuclease 1 that are involved in incision of damaged DNA. Biochimie. 2016;128-129:20-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that NIR is an evolutionarily conserved function in the Xth family of AP endonucleases. ..
- Petit M, Dervyn E, Rose M, Entian K, McGovern S, Ehrlich S, et al. PcrA is an essential DNA helicase of Bacillus subtilis fulfilling functions both in repair and rolling-circle replication. Mol Microbiol. 1998;29:261-73 pubmed..Furthermore, it conferred a Rep-phenotype on E. coli. Altogether, these results show that PcrA is an helicase used for plasmid rolling-circle replication and suggest that it is also involved in UV repair. ..
- Borezee E, Msadek T, Durant L, Berche P. Identification in Listeria monocytogenes of MecA, a homologue of the Bacillus subtilis competence regulatory protein. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:5931-4 pubmed..monocytogenes, including those with intact ComK. Our results suggest that the functions of MecA in the saprophytes L. monocytogenes and B. subtilis have presumably diverged in response to their respective ecological niches...
- Auger S, Danchin A, Martin Verstraete I. Global expression profile of Bacillus subtilis grown in the presence of sulfate or methionine. J Bacteriol. 2002;184:5179-86 pubmed..The expression of genes encoding transporters (yhcL, ytmJKLMN, and yxeMO) was high when the sulfur source was methionine or taurine and reduced when it was sulfate. ..
- Madec E, Stensballe A, Kjellström S, Cladière L, Obuchowski M, Jensen O, et al. Mass spectrometry and site-directed mutagenesis identify several autophosphorylated residues required for the activity of PrkC, a Ser/Thr kinase from Bacillus subtilis. J Mol Biol. 2003;330:459-72 pubmed..This is the first structure-function analysis of a bacterial receptor-like kinase of the Hanks family. ..
- Cladière L, Blagova E, Levdikov V, Brannigan J, Seror S, Wilkinson A. Crystallization of YloQ, a GTPase of unknown function essential for Bacillus subtilis viability. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:329-30 pubmed..Crystals of YloQ have been grown from HEPES-buffered solutions at pH 7.5 containing polyethylene glycol and diffraction data have been collected extending to 2.5 A spacing. ..
- Gagyi C, Ionescu M, Gounon P, Sakamoto H, Rousselle J, Laurent Winter C. Identification and immunochemical location of UMP kinase from Bacillus subtilis. Curr Microbiol. 2004;48:62-7 pubmed..UMP kinase from B. subtilis has a peripheral distribution which is related most probably to its role in the synthesis of membrane sugar components and its putative role in cell division. ..
- Daguer J, Geissmann T, Petit Glatron M, Chambert R. Autogenous modulation of the Bacillus subtilis sacB-levB-yveA levansucrase operon by the levB transcript. Microbiology. 2004;150:3669-79 pubmed..Levanbiose is neither taken up nor metabolized by the bacteria. This work modifies the present view of the status of levansucrase in B. subtilis physiology. ..
- Veesler D, Blangy S, Spinelli S, Tavares P, Campanacci V, Cambillau C. Crystal structure of Bacillus subtilis SPP1 phage gp22 shares fold similarity with a domain of lactococcal phage p2 RBP. Protein Sci. 2010;19:1439-43 pubmed publisher..35 A resolution. We found that gp22 is a monomer in solution and possesses a significant structural similarity with lactococcal phage p2 ORF 18 N-terminal "shoulder" domain...
- Arragain S, Handelman S, Forouhar F, Wei F, Tomizawa K, Hunt J, et al. Identification of eukaryotic and prokaryotic methylthiotransferase for biosynthesis of 2-methylthio-N6-threonylcarbamoyladenosine in tRNA. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28425-33 pubmed publisher..This work lays the foundation for elucidating the function of CDKAL1. ..
- Nguyen H, El Khoury T, Guiral S, Laaberki M, Candusso M, Galisson F, et al. Expanding the Kinome World: A New Protein Kinase Family Widely Conserved in Bacteria. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:3056-3074 pubmed publisher..These results expand the boundaries of the bacterial kinome and support the involvement of YdiB in protein translation and resistance to oxidative stress in B. subtilis. ..
- Duwat P, Ehrlich S, Gruss A. Use of degenerate primers for polymerase chain reaction cloning and sequencing of the Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis recA gene. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1992;58:2674-8 pubmed..The end of an open reading frame present upstream of the recA gene shows strong homology with formamidopyrimidine-DNA-glycosylase, a protein involved in DNA repair. ..
- Morel Deville F, Ehrlich S. Theta-type DNA replication stimulates homologous recombination in the Bacillus subtilis chromosome. Mol Microbiol. 1996;19:587-98 pubmed
- Tortosa P, Aymerich S, Lindner C, Saier M, Reizer J, Le Coq D. Multiple phosphorylation of SacY, a Bacillus subtilis transcriptional antiterminator negatively controlled by the phosphotransferase system. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:17230-7 pubmed
- Henaut A, Lisacek F, Nitschke P, Moszer I, Danchin A. Global analysis of genomic texts: the distribution of AGCT tetranucleotides in the Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilis genomes predicts translational frameshifting and ribosomal hopping in several genes. Electrophoresis. 1998;19:515-27 pubmed..In addition, genes specific to E. coli were also studied: ompA, ompFand tolA (predicting epigenetic variation that could help escape infection by phages or colicins). ..
- Darbon E, Ito K, Huang H, Yoshimoto T, Poncet S, Deutscher J. Glycerol transport and phosphoenolpyruvate-dependent enzyme I- and HPr-catalysed phosphorylation of glycerol kinase in Thermus flavus. Microbiology. 1999;145 ( Pt 11):3205-12 pubmed..flavus glycerol kinase caused only a slight increase in enzyme activity. ..
- Pereira Y, Petit Glatron M, Chambert R. yveB, Encoding endolevanase LevB, is part of the sacB-yveB-yveA levansucrase tricistronic operon in Bacillus subtilis. Microbiology. 2001;147:3413-9 pubmed..It is proposed to rename yveB as levB. ..
- Mijakovic I, Petranovic D, Deutscher J. How tyrosine phosphorylation affects the UDP-glucose dehydrogenase activity of Bacillus subtilis YwqF. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2004;8:19-25 pubmed..We propose that this effect could at least partly account for the observed activation of YwqF induced by tyrosine phosphorylation. Potential physiological implications of this finding are discussed. ..
- Tran N, Gury J, Dartois V, Nguyen T, Seraut H, Barthelmebs L, et al. Phenolic acid-mediated regulation of the padC gene, encoding the phenolic acid decarboxylase of Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:3213-24 pubmed publisher..subtilis, and (iii) phenolic acids are able to modulate PadR activity in E. coli in the absence of any additional effector...
- You C, Sekowska A, Francetic O, Martin Verstraete I, Wang Y, Danchin A. Spx mediates oxidative stress regulation of the methionine sulfoxide reductases operon in Bacillus subtilis. BMC Microbiol. 2008;8:128 pubmed publisher..The Spx mediated PQ-specific regulation pathway of the msrAB operon in B. subtilis is reported. Our results suggest that PQ induced the expression of msrAB partially through an oxidation on Spx via modification of its CXXC motif...
- Schneider R, Wolpert C, Guilloteau H, Balan L, Lambert J, Merlin C. The exposure of bacteria to CdTe-core quantum dots: the importance of surface chemistry on cytotoxicity. Nanotechnology. 2009;20:225101 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that QD cytotoxicity is rather due to the formation of TeO2 and probably the existence of CdO formed by surface oxidation. In this respect, QDs possessing a CdO shell appeared very toxic...
- Joyet P, Derkaoui M, Poncet S, Deutscher J. Control of Bacillus subtilis mtl operon expression by complex phosphorylation-dependent regulation of the transcriptional activator MtlR. Mol Microbiol. 2010;76:1279-94 pubmed publisher..Cys419Ala replacement and deletion of EIIA(Mtl) caused strong constitutive glucose-repressible MtlR activity. This is the first report that Cys phosphorylation controls PRD-containing transcriptional activators...
- Gonzy Tréboul G, Zagorec M, Rain Guion M, Steinmetz M. Phosphoenolpyruvate:sugar phosphotransferase system of Bacillus subtilis: nucleotide sequence of ptsX, ptsH and the 5'-end of ptsI and evidence for a ptsHI operon. Mol Microbiol. 1989;3:103-12 pubmed..ptsX was preceded by an open reading frame whose amino acid sequence showed strong homology with the C-terminal part of E. coli Enzyme IIGlc. ..
- Bruand C, Sorokin A, Serror P, Ehrlich S. Nucleotide sequence of the Bacillus subtilis dnaD gene. Microbiology. 1995;141 ( Pt 2):321-2 pubmed..The nucleotide sequence of the wild type and dnaD23 mutant genes were determined. dnaD is predicted to encode a protein of 232 amino acids with no similarity to proteins in the data banks. ..
- Tetaud E, Hanau S, Wells J, Le Page R, Adams M, Arkison S, et al. 6-Phosphogluconate dehydrogenase from Lactococcus lactis: a role for arginine residues in binding substrate and coenzyme. Biochem J. 1999;338 ( Pt 1):55-60 pubmed..A second 6-PGDH gene has been identified from the genome of B. subtilis. This second isoform contains an arginine (Arg-34) in this position, suggesting that B. subtilis has two 6-PGDHs with different coenzyme specificities...
- Obuchowski M, Madec E, Delattre D, Boel G, Iwanicki A, Foulger D, et al. Characterization of PrpC from Bacillus subtilis, a member of the PPM phosphatase family. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:5634-8 pubmed..The prkC and prpC genes are adjacent on the chromosome, and the phosphorylated form of PrkC is a substrate for PrpC. These findings suggest that PrkC and PrpC may function as a couple in vivo. ..
- Noirot Gros M, Dervyn E, Wu L, Mervelet P, Errington J, Ehrlich S, et al. An expanded view of bacterial DNA replication. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:8342-7 pubmed..Thus, our interaction map provides a valuable tool for the discovery of aspects of bacterial DNA replication. ..
- Leclère V, Béchet M, Adam A, Guez J, Wathelet B, Ongena M, et al. Mycosubtilin overproduction by Bacillus subtilis BBG100 enhances the organism's antagonistic and biocontrol activities. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:4577-84 pubmed
- Stines Chaumeil C, Talfournier F, Branlant G. Mechanistic characterization of the MSDH (methylmalonate semialdehyde dehydrogenase) from Bacillus subtilis. Biochem J. 2006;395:107-15 pubmed publisher..These data also indicate that bicarbonate, the formation of which is enzyme-catalysed, is the end-product of the reaction...
- Torres C, Galián C, Freiberg C, Fantino J, Jault J. The YheI/YheH heterodimer from Bacillus subtilis is a multidrug ABC transporter. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1788:615-22 pubmed publisher..Therefore, B. subtilis YheI/YheH forms a new heterodimeric multidrug ABC transporter possibly involved in multiple antibiotic resistance in vivo...
- Poncet S, Soret M, Mervelet P, Deutscher J, Noirot P. Transcriptional activator YesS is stimulated by histidine-phosphorylated HPr of the Bacillus subtilis phosphotransferase system. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:28188-97 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that two-hybrid assays can be used for the identification of unknown kinases of phosphorylated bacterial proteins detected in phosphoproteome analyses...
- Verhagen B, Trotel Aziz P, Jeandet P, Baillieul F, Aziz A. Improved resistance against Botrytis cinerea by grapevine-associated bacteria that induce a prime oxidative burst and phytoalexin production. Phytopathology. 2011;101:768-77 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that induced resistance can be improved by treatment with bacteria or derived compounds which induced or primed plants for enhanced phytoalexin accumulation...
- Dobrijevic D, Di Liberto G, Tanaka K, de Wouters T, Dervyn R, Boudebbouze S, et al. High-throughput system for the presentation of secreted and surface-exposed proteins from Gram-positive bacteria in functional metagenomics studies. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65956 pubmed publisher..The expression host can easily be adapted to assure neutrality in other assay systems, allowing the use of the presented presentation system in functional metagenomics of the gut and other ecosystems. ..