Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on bacillus cereus in Norway
Topic: bacillus cereus
- Røssland E, Langsrud T, Granum P, Sørhaug T. Production of antimicrobial metabolites by strains of Lactobacillus or Lactococcus co-cultured with Bacillus cereus in milk. Int J Food Microbiol. 2005;98:193-200 pubmed..cereus compared to growth of the LAB strains alone, which indicates that B. cereus stimulates the biosynthetic capacities of the LAB strains...
- Fagerlund A, Ween O, Lund T, Hardy S, Granum P. Genetic and functional analysis of the cytK family of genes in Bacillus cereus. Microbiology. 2004;150:2689-97 pubmed publisher..It is likely that CytK-2 toxins contribute to the enterotoxicity of several strains of B. cereus, although not all of the CytK-2 toxins may be as harmful as the CytK-1 originally isolated...
- Okstad O, Grønstad A, Lindback T, Kolstø A. Insertional inactivation of a Tet(K)/Tet(L) like transporter does not eliminate tetracycline resistance in Bacillus cereus. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1997;154:181-6 pubmed..No additional altered phenotype was observed in the mutant. Accumulation studies suggested that the resistance mechanism involves a reduced sensitivity to intracellular tetracycline. ..
- Lindback T, Kolstø A. A Bacillus cereus member of the SNF2 family. Microbiology. 1997;143 ( Pt 1):171-4 pubmed
- Hansen S, Hansen L, Hough E. The crystal structure of tris-inhibited phospholipase C from Bacillus cereus at 1.9 A resolution. The nature of the metal ion in site 2. J Mol Biol. 1993;231:870-6 pubmed..This study is one of a series which explores the active site of PLC by complexing the enzyme with inhibitors and substrate analogues. ..
- Hansen S, Hansen L, Hough E. Crystal structures of phosphate, iodide and iodate-inhibited phospholipase C from Bacillus cereus and structural investigations of the binding of reaction products and a substrate analogue. J Mol Biol. 1992;225:543-9 pubmed..The ninth blocks the entrance to the active site cleft and is of higher occupancy. Altogether, these results suggest that the substrate, a phospholipid, is associated directly with the metal ions during catalysis...
- Okstad O, Gominet M, Purnelle B, Rose M, Lereclus D, Kolstø A. Sequence analysis of three Bacillus cereus loci carrying PIcR-regulated genes encoding degradative enzymes and enterotoxin. Microbiology. 1999;145 ( Pt 11):3129-38 pubmed..Genes surrounding plcA, plcR and hblCDAB that were lacking an upstream PlcR regulatory sequence did not appear to serve functions apparently related to PlcR and did not exhibit a conserved organization in Bacillus subtilis. ..
- Hansen S, Hough E, Svensson L, Wong Y, Martin S. Crystal structure of phospholipase C from Bacillus cereus complexed with a substrate analog. J Mol Biol. 1993;234:179-87 pubmed..A water molecule, located approximately apical to the diacylglycerol leaving group, seems to be the most likely candidate for the attacking nucleophile which initiates the reaction. ..
- Johansen T, Holm T, Guddal P, Sletten K, Haugli F, Little C. Cloning and sequencing of the gene encoding the phosphatidylcholine-preferring phospholipase C of Bacillus cereus. Gene. 1988;65:293-304 pubmed..coli. The cloning and sequencing described here complete the first step toward using in vitro mutagenesis for investigations of the structure-function relationships of B. cereus phospholipase C. ..
- Bräunlich M, Økstad O, Slimestad R, Wangensteen H, Malterud K, Barsett H. Effects of Aronia melanocarpa constituents on biofilm formation of Escherichia coli and Bacillus cereus. Molecules. 2013;18:14989-99 pubmed publisher..This non-toxic inhibition may confer a lower potential for resistance development compared to conventional antimicrobials. ..