Experts and Doctors on azotobacter vinelandii in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: azotobacter vinelandii
- Bandyopadhyay S, Naik S, O Carroll I, Huynh B, Dean D, Johnson M, et al. A proposed role for the Azotobacter vinelandii NfuA protein as an intermediate iron-sulfur cluster carrier. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:14092-9 pubmed publisher..Based on these results a model is proposed where NfuA could represent a class of intermediate [Fe-S] cluster carriers involved in [Fe-S] protein maturation. ..
- Kaiser J, Hu Y, Wiig J, Rees D, Ribbe M. Structure of precursor-bound NifEN: a nitrogenase FeMo cofactor maturase/insertase. Science. 2011;331:91-4 pubmed publisher..6 angstrom resolution. From a structural comparison of NifEN with des-M-cluster NifDK and holo NifDK, we propose similar pathways of cluster insertion for the homologous NifEN and NifDK proteins. ..
- Kim J, Rees D. Structural models for the metal centers in the nitrogenase molybdenum-iron protein. Science. 1992;257:1677-82 pubmed
- Hernandez J, George S, Rubio L. Molybdenum trafficking for nitrogen fixation. Biochemistry. 2009;48:9711-21 pubmed publisher..Molybdenum biochemistry in A. vinelandii reveals unexpected mechanisms and a new role for iron-sulfur clusters in the sequestration and delivery of molybdenum. ..
- Chandramouli K, Johnson M. HscA and HscB stimulate [2Fe-2S] cluster transfer from IscU to apoferredoxin in an ATP-dependent reaction. Biochemistry. 2006;45:11087-95 pubmed..J., Tapley, T. L., Hoff, K. G., and Vickery, L. E. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 53924-53931], and mechanistic proposals for coupling of the HscA ATPase cycle with cluster transfer from [2Fe-2S]IscU to apo-IscFdx are discussed. ..
- Morrow W, Sardar S, Thapa P, Hossain M, Foss F, Pierce B. Thiol dioxygenase turnover yields benzothiazole products from 2-mercaptoaniline and O2-dependent oxidation of primary alcohols. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;631:66-74 pubmed publisher..The observed oxidation of 1º-alcohols in 2ma-reactions is consistent with the formation of a high-valent intermediate similar to what has been reported for cytochrome P450 and mononuclear iron model complexes. ..
- Pence N, Tokmina Lukaszewska M, Yang Z, Ledbetter R, Seefeldt L, Bothner B, et al. Unraveling the interactions of the physiological reductant flavodoxin with the different conformations of the Fe protein in the nitrogenase cycle. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15661-15669 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings provide new insights into the control mechanisms in protein-protein interactions during the Fe protein cycle. ..
- Ledbetter R, Garcia Costas A, Lubner C, Mulder D, Tokmina Lukaszewska M, Artz J, et al. The Electron Bifurcating FixABCX Protein Complex from Azotobacter vinelandii: Generation of Low-Potential Reducing Equivalents for Nitrogenase Catalysis. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4177-4190 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study informs a mechanism for electron bifurcation, offering insight into a unique method for delivery of low-potential electrons required for energy-intensive biochemical conversions...
- Flint D. Escherichia coli contains a protein that is homologous in function and N-terminal sequence to the protein encoded by the nifS gene of Azotobacter vinelandii and that can participate in the synthesis of the Fe-S cluster of dihydroxy-acid dehydratase. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:16068-74 pubmed..coli dihydroxy-acid dehydratase. A mechanism is proposed for the early stages of the synthesis of Fe-S clusters using this protein and sulfur in the S0 oxidation state. ..
- Mapolelo D, Zhang B, Randeniya S, Albetel A, Li H, Couturier J, et al. Monothiol glutaredoxins and A-type proteins: partners in Fe-S cluster trafficking. Dalton Trans. 2013;42:3107-15 pubmed publisher..The significance of these results for Fe-S cluster biogenesis or repair and the cellular regulation of the Fe-S cluster status are discussed. ..
- Lee K, Saleh L, Anton B, Madinger C, Benner J, Iwig D, et al. Characterization of RimO, a new member of the methylthiotransferase subclass of the radical SAM superfamily. Biochemistry. 2009;48:10162-74 pubmed publisher..We discuss the possible requirement for an assembled ribosome for fully active RimO in vitro. Our findings are consistent with those of other enzymes that catalyze sulfur insertion, such as biotin synthase, lipoyl synthase, and MiaB. ..
- Townsend K, Busse K, Kressler J, Scholz C. Contact angle, WAXS, and SAXS analysis of poly(beta-hydroxybutyrate) and poly(ethylene glycol) block copolymers obtained via Azotobacter vinelandii UWD. Biotechnol Prog. 2005;21:959-64 pubmed..The significant decrease of the contact angle and corresponding increase in surface tension, as well as significant decrease in cell adhesion, suggest the presence of hydrophilic PEG and DEG within the hydrophobic surface...
- Schlessman J, Woo D, Joshua Tor L, Howard J, Rees D. Conformational variability in structures of the nitrogenase iron proteins from Azotobacter vinelandii and Clostridium pasteurianum. J Mol Biol. 1998;280:669-85 pubmed..A core of 140 conserved residues is identified in an alignment of 59 Fe-protein sequences that may be useful for the identification of homologous proteins with functions comparable to that of Fe-protein in non-nitrogen fixing systems...
- Schmid B, Ribbe M, Einsle O, Yoshida M, Thomas L, Dean D, et al. Structure of a cofactor-deficient nitrogenase MoFe protein. Science. 2002;296:352-6 pubmed..A predominantly positively charged funnel is revealed; this funnel is of sufficient size to accommodate insertion of the negatively charged cofactor...
- Chiu H, Peters J, Lanzilotta W, Ryle M, Seefeldt L, Howard J, et al. MgATP-Bound and nucleotide-free structures of a nitrogenase protein complex between the Leu 127 Delta-Fe-protein and the MoFe-protein. Biochemistry. 2001;40:641-50 pubmed..The ability of the L127Delta-Av2-Av1 complex to bind MgATP demonstrates that dissociation of the nitrogenase complex is not required for nucleotide binding...
- Agar J, Krebs C, Frazzon J, Huynh B, Dean D, Johnson M. IscU as a scaffold for iron-sulfur cluster biosynthesis: sequential assembly of [2Fe-2S] and [4Fe-4S] clusters in IscU. Biochemistry. 2000;39:7856-62 pubmed
- Wichard T, Bellenger J, Loison A, Kraepiel A. Catechol siderophores control tungsten uptake and toxicity in the nitrogen-fixing bacterium Azotobacter vinelandii. Environ Sci Technol. 2008;42:2408-13 pubmed..vinelandii to discriminate in its uptake of essential metals, such as Fe and Mo, over that of toxic metals, such as W, and to sustain high growth rates under adverse environmental conditions...
- Schmid B, Einsle O, Chiu H, Willing A, Yoshida M, Howard J, et al. Biochemical and structural characterization of the cross-linked complex of nitrogenase: comparison to the ADP-AlF4(-)-stabilized structure. Biochemistry. 2002;41:15557-65 pubmed
- Rangaraj P, Ruttimann Johnson C, Shah V, Ludden P. Accumulation of 55Fe-labeled precursors of the iron-molybdenum cofactor of nitrogenase on NifH and NifX of Azotobacter vinelandii. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:15968-74 pubmed..NifX purified from an A. vinelandii nifB strain showed a different electrophoretic mobility on anoxic native gels than did NifX with the FeMo-co precursor bound...