Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on autophagy in China
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Lei F, Li X, Liu H, Zhu R, Meng Q, Rong J. Rapamycin and 3-methyladenine regulate apoptosis and autophagy in bone-derived endothelial progenitor cells. Chin Med J (Engl). 2012;125:4076-82 pubmed
- Wu Q, Yang Z, Nie Y, Shi Y, Fan D. Multi-drug resistance in cancer chemotherapeutics: mechanisms and lab approaches. Cancer Lett. 2014;347:159-66 pubmed publisher..The challenges for the clinical detection of MDR will be to find new biomarkers and to determine new evaluation systems before the drug resistance emerges. ..
- Tian S, Lin J, Jun Zhou J, Wang X, Li Y, Ren X, et al. Beclin 1-independent autophagy induced by a Bcl-XL/Bcl-2 targeting compound, Z18. Autophagy. 2010;6:1032-41 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, the accumulation of autophagosomes is positively correlated with Z18-induced cell death and the full flux of autophagy is not necessary. ..
- Gao B, Zhang X, Han R, Zhang T, Chen C, Qin Z, et al. The endoplasmic reticulum stress inhibitor salubrinal inhibits the activation of autophagy and neuroprotection induced by brain ischemic preconditioning. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:657-66 pubmed publisher..ER stress-induced autophagy might contribute to the neuroprotective effect of brain ischemic preconditioning. ..
- Cui D, Wang L, Jiang W, Qi A, Zhou Q, Zhang X. Propofol prevents cerebral ischemia-triggered autophagy activation and cell death in the rat hippocampus through the NF-?B/p53 signaling pathway. Neuroscience. 2013;246:117-32 pubmed publisher..Our results are the first to show that propofol, at clinically relevant concentrations, attenuated cell death through both autophagic and apoptotic mechanisms in the rat hippocampus after a cerebral I/R insult. ..
- Zhang Y, Sun J, Yu X, Shi L, Du W, Hu L, et al. SIRT1 regulates accumulation of oxidized LDL in HUVEC via the autophagy-lysosomal pathway. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2016;122:37-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SIRT1 can decrease the accumulation of ox-LDL in HUVECs, and this effect is related to the autophagy-lysosomal pathway. ..
- Yang F, Yang Y, Mao C, Cao B, Cai Z, Shi J, et al. Role of autophagy and proteasome degradation pathways in apoptosis of PC12 cells overexpressing human alpha-synuclein. Neurosci Lett. 2009;454:203-8 pubmed publisher..And inhibiting or stimulating autophagy has less impact on hsp70 than the proteasome pathway. ..
- Xu K, Xu P, Yao J, Zhang Y, Hou W, Lu S. Reduced apoptosis correlates with enhanced autophagy in synovial tissues of rheumatoid arthritis. Inflamm Res. 2013;62:229-37 pubmed publisher..01 and r = -0.8937). The impaired apoptosis in RA synovium might result from increased autophagy, which in turn could be due to the deregulation of miRNA-30a. ..
- Wang Y, Qin Z. Coordination of autophagy with other cellular activities. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:585-94 pubmed publisher..The insights gained from investigating autophagic networks should increase our understanding of their roles in human diseases and their potential as targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Cao Y, Yang Y, Mao C, Zhang X, Wang C, Yang J, et al. A role of BAG3 in regulating SNCA/?-synuclein clearance via selective macroautophagy. Neurobiol Aging. 2017;60:104-115 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that BAG3 plays a relevant role in regulating SNCA clearance via macroautophagy, and the heat shock protein 70-BAG3-sequestosome 1 complex may be involved in this process. ..
- Feng Z, Tang L, Wu L, Cui S, Hong Q, Cai G, et al. Na+/H+ exchanger-1 reduces podocyte injury caused by endoplasmic reticulum stress via autophagy activation. Lab Invest. 2014;94:439-54 pubmed publisher..This protective mechanism involves NHE-1 activation of autophagy via the PI3K/Akt pathway to reduce ER stress injury in podocytes. This mechanism may provide a new pathway to prevent podocyte injury. ..
- Fan J, Sun Y, Wang S, Li Y, Zeng X, Cao Z, et al. Inhibition of autophagy overcomes the nanotoxicity elicited by cadmium-based quantum dots. Biomaterials. 2016;78:102-14 pubmed publisher..Our data may suggest the approach to overcome the toxicity of QDs and other nanoparticles by autophagy inhibition. ..
- Duan W, Jin X, Li Q, Tashiro S, Onodera S, Ikejima T. Silibinin induced autophagic and apoptotic cell death in HT1080 cells through a reactive oxygen species pathway. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;113:48-56 pubmed..O(2)*(-) also contributed to silibinin-induced cell death. ..
- Chen D, Zhu C, Wang X, Feng X, Pang S, Huang W, et al. A novel and functional variant within the ATG5 gene promoter in sporadic Parkinson's disease. Neurosci Lett. 2013;538:49-53 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the variant identified in PD patient may change ATG5 protein levels and alter autophagy activities, contributing to PD onset as a risk factor. ..
- Liu L, Yang M, Kang R, Dai Y, Yu Y, Gao F, et al. HMGB1-DNA complex-induced autophagy limits AIM2 inflammasome activation through RAGE. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;450:851-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, autophagy may function as a negative counter-regulatory mechanism for HMGB1-DNA complex-induced inflammasome activation, and provide a checkpoint to limit the development of inflammation. ..
- Zhou J, Yang J, Fan X, Hu S, Zhou F, Dong J, et al. Chaperone-mediated autophagy regulates proliferation by targeting RND3 in gastric cancer. Autophagy. 2016;12:515-28 pubmed publisher..At last, the clinical significance of LAMP2A was explored in 593 gastric noncancerous lesions and 173 GC tissues, the results revealed that LAMP2A is a promising biomarker for GC early warning and prognosis of female GC patients. ..
- Zhuang W, Long L, Ji W, Liang Z. Rapamycin induces differentiation of glioma stem/progenitor cells by activating autophagy. Chin J Cancer. 2011;30:712-20 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemistry revealed decreased Nestin-positive cells and increased GFAP-positive cells in rapamycin-treated tumor sections. These results indicate that rapamycin induces differentiation of GSPCs by activating autophagy. ..
- Chen P, Yu J, Chalmers B, Drisko J, Yang J, Li B, et al. Pharmacological ascorbate induces cytotoxicity in prostate cancer cells through ATP depletion and induction of autophagy. Anticancer Drugs. 2012;23:437-44 pubmed publisher..Taken together with previous studies, high-dose ascorbate has the potential to be a novel treatment option to hormone-refractory prostate cancer. ..
- Zhang X, Yan H, Yuan Y, Gao J, Shen Z, Cheng Y, et al. Cerebral ischemia-reperfusion-induced autophagy protects against neuronal injury by mitochondrial clearance. Autophagy. 2013;9:1321-33 pubmed publisher..The protective role of autophagy during reperfusion may be attributable to mitophagy-related mitochondrial clearance and inhibition of downstream apoptosis. PARK2 may be involved in the mitophagy process. ..
- Pi H, Xu S, Zhang L, Guo P, Li Y, Xie J, et al. Dynamin 1-like-dependent mitochondrial fission initiates overactive mitophagy in the hepatotoxicity of cadmium. Autophagy. 2013;9:1780-800 pubmed publisher..The balanced activity of DNM1L and mitophagy signaling may be a potential therapeutic approach to treat Cd-induced hepatotoxicity. ..
- Shen Y, Liu Y, Sun T, Yang W. LincRNA-p21 knockdown enhances radiosensitivity of hypoxic tumor cells by reducing autophagy through HIF-1/Akt/mTOR/P70S6K pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2017;358:188-198 pubmed publisher..Our results delineated a novel mechanism of lincRNA-p21 in enhancing hypoxic tumor cell radiosensitivity, which might provide valuable targets for radiation therapy for solid tumors, such as hepatoma and glioma. ..
- Liu Y, Li B, Li M, Yu Y, Wang Z, Chen S. Improvement of cardiac dysfunction by bilateral surgical renal denervation in animals with diabetes induced by high fructose and high fat diet. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;115:140-9 pubmed publisher..Renal sympathetic denervation led to a significant improvement of HFD-induced cardiac dysfunction by shifting the cardiac apoptosis to autophagy, but worsening IR. Further study is required to identify the clinical benefits of RDN. ..
- Yang Y, Liang Z, Gao B, Jia Y, Qin Z. Dynamic effects of autophagy on arsenic trioxide-induced death of human leukemia cell line HL60 cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2008;29:123-34 pubmed..To evaluate the contribution of an autophagic mechanism to the As2O3- induced death of human acute myeloid leukaemia cell line HL60 cells...
- Cao B, Yang Y, Luo W, Mao C, Han R, Sun X, et al. Paeoniflorin, a potent natural compound, protects PC12 cells from MPP+ and acidic damage via autophagic pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;131:122-9 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first experimental evidence that PF modulates autophagy in models of neuron injury, as well as providing the first indication of a relationship between ASICs and ALP. ..
- Wu B, Yu L, Wang Y, Wang H, Li C, Yin Y, et al. Aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 activation in aged heart improves the autophagy by reducing the carbonyl modification on SIRT1. Oncotarget. 2016;7:2175-88 pubmed publisher..ALDH2 activation is adequate to improve the autophagy flux by reducing the carbonyl modification on SIRT1, which in turn plays an important role in maintaining cardiac health during aging. ..
- Cui Q, Tashiro S, Onodera S, Ikejima T. Augmentation of oridonin-induced apoptosis observed with reduced autophagy. J Pharmacol Sci. 2006;101:230-9 pubmed..Taken together, oridonin simultaneously induced HeLa cell both apoptosis and autophagy in HeLa cells, and inhibition of autophagy contributes to upregulation of apoptosis. ..
- Guo X, Dong Y, Yin S, Zhao C, Huo Y, Fan L, et al. Patulin induces pro-survival functions via autophagy inhibition and p62 accumulation. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e822 pubmed publisher..Given the critical role of autophagy and its substrate p62 in carcinogenesis, our findings may have important implications in PAT-induced skin carcinogenesis. ..
- Zhang Y, Cao Y, Zhang X, Liu H, Tong T, Xiao G, et al. The autophagy-lysosome pathway: a novel mechanism involved in the processing of oxidized LDL in human vascular endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:377-82 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that ox-LDL activates the autophagic lysosome pathway in HUVECs through the LC3/beclin1 pathway, leading to the degradation of ox-LDL. ..
- Li L, Wang X, Fei X, Xia L, Qin Z, Liang Z. Parkinson's disease involves autophagy and abnormal distribution of cathepsin L. Neurosci Lett. 2011;489:62-7 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that activation of autophagy and abnormal distribution of cathepsin L may be responsible for dopamine neuron death, involved in the pathogenic cascade event for the development of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Zhuang W, Long L, Zheng B, Ji W, Yang N, Zhang Q, et al. Curcumin promotes differentiation of glioma-initiating cells by inducing autophagy. Cancer Sci. 2012;103:684-90 pubmed publisher..This is the first evidence that curcumin has differentiating and tumor-suppressing actions on GICs. ..
- Ma L, Fu R, Duan Z, Lu J, Gao J, Tian L, et al. Sirt1 is essential for resveratrol enhancement of hypoxia-induced autophagy in the type 2 diabetic nephropathy rat. Pathol Res Pract. 2016;212:310-8 pubmed publisher..Our data highlight the role of the Sirt1-mediated pathway in the effects of RSV on autophagy in vivo and in vitro, suggesting RSV could be a potential new therapy for type 2 DN. ..
- An Y, Shi X, Tang X, Wang Y, Shen F, Zhang Q, et al. Aflatoxin B1 Induces Reactive Oxygen Species-Mediated Autophagy and Extracellular Trap Formation in Macrophages. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that AFB1 induces ROS-mediated autophagy and ETs formation and an M1 phenotype in M?. ..
- Wei L, Wu S, Li Y, Chu Y, Huang R. Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi plasmid impairs dendritic cell responses to infection. Curr Microbiol. 2012;65:133-40 pubmed publisher..Together, these data prove that pR(ST98) targets functions of DCs that are required for T-cell activation. This might contribute to evasion of adaptive immune responses by S. typhi. ..
- Ma J, Hou L, Rong Z, Liang P, Fang C, Li H, et al. Antidepressant desipramine leads to C6 glioma cell autophagy: implication for the adjuvant therapy of cancer. Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2013;13:254-60 pubmed..Our findings provided new insights into another beneficial potential of antidepressant DMI in the adjuvant therapy of cancer. ..
- Zhang X, Qi L, Wu J, Qin Z. DRAM1 regulates autophagy flux through lysosomes. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63245 pubmed publisher..DRAM1 affects autophagy through argument of lysosomal acidification, fusion of lysosomes with autophagosomes and clearance of autophagosomes...
- Zeng M, Wei X, Wu Z, Li W, Li B, Zhen Y, et al. NF-?B-mediated induction of autophagy in cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;436:180-5 pubmed publisher..Our data thus suggests that I/R injury promotes NF-?B activity, in response to ROS, to aggravate myocardial injury through the activation of Beclin 1-mediated autophagy. ..
- Liu H, Ma Y, He H, Wang J, Jiang J, Shao R. SLC9A3R1 stimulates autophagy via BECN1 stabilization in breast cancer cells. Autophagy. 2015;11:2323-34 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the SLC9A3R1-BECN1 signaling pathway participates in the activation of autophagy processes in breast cancer cells. ..
- Yu X, Li R, Shi W, Jiang T, Wang Y, Li C, et al. Silencing of MicroRNA-21 confers the sensitivity to tamoxifen and fulvestrant by enhancing autophagic cell death through inhibition of the PI3K-AKT-mTOR pathway in breast cancer cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;77:37-44 pubmed publisher..Targeting autophagy-related miRNAs is a potential strategy for overcoming endocrine resistance to TAM and FUL. ..
- Xing C, Zhu B, Liu H, Yao H, Zhang L. Class I phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor LY294002 activates autophagy and induces apoptosis through p53 pathway in gastric cancer cell line SGC7901. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2008;40:194-201 pubmed..These findings suggest that inhibition of the class I PI3K signaling pathway is a potential strategy for managing gastric cancers. ..
- Zhu B, Xing C, Lin F, Fan X, Zhao K, Qin Z. Blocking NF-?B nuclear translocation leads to p53-related autophagy activation and cell apoptosis. World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17:478-87 pubmed publisher..SN50-induced increases in PUMA, DRAM, LC3 and Beclin 1 and cell death were blocked by the p53 specific inhibitor pifithrin-?. The anti-tumor activity of NF-?B inhibitors is associated with p53-mediated activation of autophagy. ..
- Sun Y, Liu D, Su P, Lin F, Tang Q. Changes in autophagy in rats after spinal cord injury and the effect of hyperbaric oxygen on autophagy. Neurosci Lett. 2016;618:139-145 pubmed publisher..HBO treatment enhances autophagy expression in rats after SCI and accelerates cell repair rate, which may represent one of the mechanisms of action of HBO in the treatment of SCI. ..
- Yang H, Zheng Y, Zhang Y, Cao Z, Jiang Y. Mesenchymal stem cells derived from multiple myeloma patients protect against chemotherapy through autophagy-dependent activation of NF-ÎºB signaling. Leuk Res. 2017;60:82-88 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the inhibition of MM-MSCs-induced autophagy may combat chemotherapy resistance and provide a promising therapeutic strategy for MM treatment. ..
- Li T, Su L, Zhong N, Hao X, Zhong D, Singhal S, et al. Salinomycin induces cell death with autophagy through activation of endoplasmic reticulum stress in human cancer cells. Autophagy. 2013;9:1057-68 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these findings provide evidence that combination treatment with salinomycin and pharmacological autophagy inhibitors will be an effective therapeutic strategy for eliminating cancer cells as well as cancer stem cells. ..
- Shi J, Wang H, Guan H, Shi S, Li Y, Wu X, et al. IL10 inhibits starvation-induced autophagy in hypertrophic scar fibroblasts via cross talk between the IL10-IL10R-STAT3 and IL10-AKT-mTOR pathways. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2133 pubmed publisher..In summary, the findings reported herein shed light on the molecular mechanism underlying IL10-mediated inhibition of autophagy and suggest that IL10 is a potential therapeutic agent for the treatment of HS. ..
- Ying Z, Xia Q, Hao Z, Xu D, Wang M, Wang H, et al. TARDBP/TDP-43 regulates autophagy in both MTORC1-dependent and MTORC1-independent manners. Autophagy. 2016;12:707-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal that multiple dysfunctions in the autophagic process contribute to TARDBP-linked neurodegeneration and may help to identify potential therapeutic targets in the future. ..
- Sun H, Liu Y, Zhang L, Shao X, Liu K, Ding Z, et al. Numb positively regulates autophagic flux via regulating lysosomal function. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:780-786 pubmed publisher..We further observed that Rab7 activity was inhibited in Numb-depleted cells. Together, our findings revealed a novel function of Numb and its likely mechanism in regulation of autophagy events. ..
- Li Y, He S, He Z, Li M, Yang Y, Pang J, et al. Plumbagin induces apoptotic and autophagic cell death through inhibition of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway in human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Cancer Lett. 2014;344:239-59 pubmed publisher..There is crosstalk between PLB-induced apoptosis and autophagy. These findings indicate that PLB initiates both apoptosis and autophagy in NSCLC cells through coordinated pathways. ..
- Su P, Zhang J, Wang D, Zhao F, Cao Z, Aschner M, et al. The role of autophagy in modulation of neuroinflammation in microglia. Neuroscience. 2016;319:155-67 pubmed publisher..Herein, we will highlight recent advances on the emerging role of autophagy in microglia, focusing on the regulation of autophagy during microglial inflammation, and the possible mechanism involved. ..
- Meng H, Wang L, He J, Wang Z. The Protective Effect of Gangliosides on Lead (Pb)-Induced Neurotoxicity Is Mediated by Autophagic Pathways. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13:365 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study establishes the efficacy of gangliosides as neuroprotective agents and provides a strong rationale for further studies on the underlying mechanisms of their neuroprotective functions. ..
- Zhao P, Kuai J, Gao J, Sun L, Wang Y, Yao L. Delta opioid receptor agonist attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced myocardial injury by regulating autophagy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:140-146 pubmed publisher..DADLE could improve the survival and protect myocardial dysfunction in mice with LPS-induced endotoxemia. This effect was related to the increase of autophagy. ..
- Wang L, Dong Z, Huang B, Zhao B, Wang H, Zhao J, et al. Distinct patterns of autophagy evoked by two benzoxazine derivatives in vascular endothelial cells. Autophagy. 2010;6:1115-24 pubmed..In summary, our work introduced two distinct autophagy enhancers and highlighted the critical role of ANXA7 in endothelial autophagy. ..
- Ge W, Guo R, Ren J. AMP-dependent kinase and autophagic flux are involved in aldehyde dehydrogenase-2-induced protection against cardiac toxicity of ethanol. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;51:1736-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ALDH2 protects against ethanol toxicity through altered Akt and AMPK signaling and regulation of autophagic flux. ..
- Jiang D, Chen K, Lu X, Gao H, Qin Z, Lin F. Exercise ameliorates the detrimental effect of chloroquine on skeletal muscles in mice via restoring autophagy flux. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2014;35:135-42 pubmed publisher..Long-term regular exercise activates autophagy process associated with muscle establishment, and ameliorates the detrimental effects of chloroquine on skeletal muscles via restoring autophagy flux. ..
- Li L, Zhu Y, Jiang L, Peng W. Increased autophagic activity in senescent human dental pulp cells. Int Endod J. 2012;45:1074-9 pubmed publisher..More autophagic vacuoles were observed in senescent DPCs by TEM. Collectively, these data imply that autophagic activity increased in senescent DPCs. ..
- Dong X, Wang Y, Qin Z. Molecular mechanisms of excitotoxicity and their relevance to pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:379-87 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the current understanding of excitotoxic mechanisms and how they are involved in the pathogenesis of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Li W, Li N, Song D, Rong J, Qian A, Li X. Metformin inhibits endothelial progenitor cell migration by decreasing matrix metalloproteinases, MMP-2 and MMP-9, via the AMPK/mTOR/autophagy pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2017;39:1262-1268 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results showed that metformin inhibited the migration of EPCs by decreasing MMP-2 and MMP-9. The AMPK/mTOR/autophagy pathway was demonstrated to be involved in the regulatory mechanisms. ..
- Wang B, Jia H, Zhang B, Wang J, Ji C, Zhu X, et al. Pre-incubation with hucMSC-exosomes prevents cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by activating autophagy. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2017;8:75 pubmed publisher..Therefore, pre-treatment of hucMSC-Ex may be a new method to improve the therapeutic effect of cisplatin. ..
- Deng Y, Shi J, Liu J, Qu Q. Celastrol protects human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells from rotenone-induced injury through induction of autophagy. Neurochem Int. 2013;63:1-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that celastrol protects SH-SY5Y cells from rotenone induced injuries and autophagic pathway is involved in celastrol neuroprotective effects. ..
- Wang R, Yang Q, Wang X, Wang W, Li J, Zhu J, et al. FoxO3Î±-mediated autophagy contributes to apoptosis in cardiac microvascular endothelial cells under hypoxia. Microvasc Res. 2016;104:23-31 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that hypoxia-induced autophagy formation in CMECs is mediated by FoxO3Î± and contributes to hypoxic injury of hearts. ..
- Wen Y, Sheng R, Zhang L, Han R, Zhang X, Zhang X, et al. Neuronal injury in rat model of permanent focal cerebral ischemia is associated with activation of autophagic and lysosomal pathways. Autophagy. 2008;4:762-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that ischemic insult activates autophagy and an autophagic mechanism may contribute to ischemic neuronal injury. Thus, autophagy may be a potential target for developing a novel therapy for stroke. ..
- Sun Y, Zou M, Hu C, Qin Y, Song X, Lu N, et al. Wogonoside induces autophagy in MDA-MB-231 cells by regulating MAPK-mTOR pathway. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;51:53-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that wogonoside partially inhibits MDA-MB-231 cell growth by inducing autophagy through the MAPK-mTOR pathway and may be a promising anti-tumor agent. ..
- Zhang X, Wang Y, Wang Y, Zhang X, Han R, Wu J, et al. p53 mediates mitochondria dysfunction-triggered autophagy activation and cell death in rat striatum. Autophagy. 2009;5:339-50 pubmed..These results suggest that p53 plays roles in signaling both autophagy and apoptosis. Autophagy, at least partially, contributes to neurodegeneration induced by mitochondria dysfunction. ..
- Zhuang W, Li B, Long L, Chen L, Huang Q, Liang Z. Induction of autophagy promotes differentiation of glioma-initiating cells and their radiosensitivity. Int J Cancer. 2011;129:2720-31 pubmed publisher..Activating autophagy may abrogate the resistance of GICs to radiation and could lead to the development of novel therapeutic approaches for the treatment of GBMs. ..
- Zheng F, Yang W, Sun K, Wan X, Man N, Wen L. Hoechst 33342-induced autophagy protected HeLa cells from caspase-independent cell death with the participation of ROS. Free Radic Res. 2012;46:740-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, autophagy played a protective role against caspase-independent cell death, as cell death induced by HO was enhanced under pharmacological and siRNA-mediated genetic inhibition of autophagy. ..
- Li J, Chen K, Li S, Feng J, Liu T, Wang F, et al. Protective effect of fucoidan from Fucus vesiculosus on liver fibrosis via the TGF-Î²1/Smad pathway-mediated inhibition of extracellular matrix and autophagy. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2016;10:619-30 pubmed publisher..Fucoidan, as an autophagy and transforming growth factor beta 1 inhibitor, could be a promising potential therapeutic agent for liver fibrosis. ..
- Zhang X, Qin Z, Wang J. The role of p53 in cell metabolism. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2010;31:1208-12 pubmed publisher..In addition, p53 regulates autophagy to provide cell metabolites for surviving through damage regulated autophagy modulator (DRAM1). Here we review the recent findings to elucidate the important role of p53 in cell metabolism. ..
- Zhang S, Niu Y, Yuan N, Zhang A, Chao D, Xu Q, et al. Role of autophagy in acute myeloid leukemia therapy. Chin J Cancer. 2013;32:130-5 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, since it can induce cooperation with apoptosis and differentiation in response to autophagic signals, autophagy can be manipulated for a better therapy on acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Qi L, Zhang X, Wu J, Lin F, Wang J, DiFiglia M, et al. The role of chaperone-mediated autophagy in huntingtin degradation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46834 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that Hsc70 and LAMP-2A through CMA play a role in the clearance of Htt and suggest a novel strategy to target the degradation of mutant Htt. ..
- Lu C, Chen J, Xu H, Zhou X, He Q, Li Y, et al. MIR106B and MIR93 prevent removal of bacteria from epithelial cells by disrupting ATG16L1-mediated autophagy. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:188-99 pubmed publisher..In human cell lines, MIR106B and MIR93 reduce levels of ATG16L1 and autophagy and prevent autophagy-dependent eradication of intracellular bacteria. This process also appears to be altered in colon tissues from patients with active CD. ..
- Yan Y, Wang H, Hu M, Jiang L, Wang Y, Liu P, et al. HDAC6 Suppresses Age-Dependent Ectopic Fat Accumulation by Maintaining the Proteostasis of PLIN2 in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2017;43:99-111.e5 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that manipulation of proteostasis could be an alternative approach to the treatment of age-related metabolic diseases such as obesity and diabetes...
- Guo W, Zhang Y, Zhang L, Huang B, Tao F, Chen W, et al. Novel monofunctional platinum (II) complex Mono-Pt induces apoptosis-independent autophagic cell death in human ovarian carcinoma cells, distinct from cisplatin. Autophagy. 2013;9:996-1008 pubmed publisher..These findings lead to increased options for anticancer platinum drugs to induce cell death in cancer. ..
- Wang Y, Zheng X, Yu B, Han S, Guo J, Tang H, et al. Disruption of microtubules in plants suppresses macroautophagy and triggers starch excess-associated chloroplast autophagy. Autophagy. 2015;11:2259-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that an intact microtubule network is important for efficient macroautophagy and leaf starch degradation. ..
- Wang P, Guo Q, Wang Z, Qian H. HBx induces HepG-2 cells autophagy through PI3K/Akt-mTOR pathway. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;372:161-8 pubmed publisher..The same results can also be found in HepG2.2.15 cells. These results suggest that HBx activates the autophagic lysosome pathway in HepG-2 cells through the PI3K-Akt-mTOR pathway...
- Sheng R, Liu X, Zhang L, Gao B, Han R, Wu Y, et al. Autophagy regulates endoplasmic reticulum stress in ischemic preconditioning. Autophagy. 2012;8:310-25 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that pre-activation of autophagy by ischemic preconditioning can boost endogenous defense mechanisms to upregulate molecular chaperones, and hence reduce excessive ER stress during fatal ischemia. ..
- Zhang D, Qiu W, Jin P, Wang P, Sun Y. Role of autophagy and its molecular mechanisms in mice intestinal tract after severe burn. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017;83:716-724 pubmed publisher..The AMPK/mTOR pathway may involve in the activation of burn-induced autophagy. Therapeutic/care management, levels of evidence are not applicable to some studies, such as in vitro work, animal models, cadaver studies. ..
- Chen W, Feng L, Nie H, Zheng X. Andrographolide induces autophagic cell death in human liver cancer cells through cyclophilin D-mediated mitochondrial permeability transition pore. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:2190-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings unveil a novel mechanism of drug action by andrographolide in liver cancer cells and suggest that andrographolide may represent a promising novel agent in the treatment of liver cancer. ..
- Zhang M, Zhang J, Lu L, Qiu Z, Zhang X, Yu S, et al. Enhancement of chondrocyte autophagy is an early response in the degenerative cartilage of the temporomandibular joint to biomechanical dental stimulation. Apoptosis. 2013;18:423-34 pubmed publisher..Cartilage in TMJ which was induced to be degenerative biomechanically exhibited autophagy accompanied by reduced mTOR and MAP4K3 activity. ..
- Liu L, Ren W, Chen K. MiR-34a Promotes Apoptosis and Inhibits Autophagy by Targeting HMGB1 in Acute Myeloid Leukemia Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1981-1992 pubmed publisher..MiR-34a promoted cell apoptosis and inhibited autophagy by targeting HMGB1. Therefore, miR-34a may be a potential promising molecular target for AML therapy. ..
- Tao Y, Li Z, Du W, Xu L, Ren J, Li X, et al. Inhibiting PLK1 induces autophagy of acute myeloid leukemia cells via mammalian target of rapamycin pathway dephosphorylation. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:1419-1429 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that PLK1 inhibition induces AML cell autophagy and that it results in mTOR dephosphorylation. These results may provide new insights into the molecular mechanism of PLK1 in regulating autophagy. ..
- Yang S, Liu Y, Yu J, Fan Y, Tang S, Duan W, et al. Rapamycin protects heart from ischemia/reperfusion injury independent of autophagy by activating PI3 kinase-Akt pathway and mitochondria K(ATP) channel. Pharmazie. 2010;65:760-5 pubmed..Cardioprotection afforded by rapamycin involves the PI3K pathway and the activation of mitochondrial K(ATP)-channels, but is independent of rapamycin-induced autophagy. This study may have significant impact on clinical practice. ..
- Huang S, Lu W, Ge D, Meng N, Li Y, Su L, et al. A new microRNA signal pathway regulated by long noncoding RNA TGFB2-OT1 in autophagy and inflammation of vascular endothelial cells. Autophagy. 2015;11:2172-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, NUPR1 and TIA1 may control the level of TGFB2-OT1, and TGFB2-OT1 bound to MIR3960, MIR4488 and MIR4459, which targeted CERS1, NAT8L, and LARP1, respectively, the key proteins involved in autophagy and inflammation. ..
- Lu Z, Miao Y, Muhammad I, Tian E, Hu W, Wang J, et al. Colistin-induced autophagy and apoptosis involves the JNK-Bcl2-Bax signaling pathway and JNK-p53-ROS positive feedback loop in PC-12 cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;277:62-73 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, colistin-induced autophagy and apoptosis is correlated to JNK-Bcl2-Bax signaling pathway, and an interaction effect found between intracellular ROS level and JNK-p53 signaling pathway in apoptosis. ..
- Sun X, Cao Y, Hu L, Yang Y, Li J, Wang F, et al. ASICs mediate the modulatory effect by paeoniflorin on ?-synuclein autophagic degradation. Brain Res. 2011;1396:77-87 pubmed publisher..It also offers the experimental evidence for the potential role of ASICs in the pathogenesis of PD. ..
- Tao L, Zhai Y, Ding D, Yin W, Liu X, Yu G. The role of C/EBP-Î± expression in human liver and liver fibrosis and its relationship with autophagy. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:13102-7 pubmed..Autophagy might play a role in liver fibrosis through its association with C/EBP-Î±, but this hypothesis warrants further investigation. ..