Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arteriosclerosis in Austria
- Pfister G, Stroh C, Perschinka H, Kind M, Knoflach M, Hinterdorfer P, et al. Detection of HSP60 on the membrane surface of stressed human endothelial cells by atomic force and confocal microscopy. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:1587-94 pubmed..The relevance of our findings with respect to the role of HSP60 in atherogenesis is discussed. ..
- Mueller T, Marschon R, Dieplinger B, Haidinger D, Gegenhuber A, Poelz W, et al. Factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A, and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase C677T mutations are not associated with chronic limb ischemia: the Linz Peripheral Arterial Disease (LIPAD) study. J Vasc Surg. 2005;41:808-15 pubmed..Thus, there is no indication that of one of these mutations may be a risk factor for chronic limb ischemia. However, the role of these mutations in acute limb ischemia remains to be clarified. ..
- Exner M, Raith M, Holzer G, Gmeiner B, Wagner O, Kapiotis S. Anti-inflammatory mechanisms of the Tibetan herbal preparation Padma 28 in the vessel wall. Forsch Komplementmed. 2006;13 Suppl 1:13-7 pubmed..These properties may be responsible for its anti-atherosclerotic effects in peripheral arterial occlusive disease. ..
- Fickert P, Moustafa T, Trauner M. Primary sclerosing cholangitis--the arteriosclerosis of the bile duct?. Lipids Health Dis. 2007;6:3 pubmed..This hypothesis should stimulate translational research to facilitate the search for novel treatment strategies for both diseases. ..
- Rosenhek R, Baumgartner H. Aortic sclerosis, aortic stenosis and lipid-lowering therapy. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2008;6:385-90 pubmed publisher..Lipid-lowering therapy with statins can, therefore, currently only be recommended in this subgroup of patients with AS. ..