Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on argentina in Argentina
Publications391 found, 100 shown here
- Calvinho L, Canavesio V, Iguzquiza I, Marioni I, Puricelli F, Neder V, et al. Intramammary infections during the periparturient period in Argentine dairy heifers. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2007;39:84-9 pubmed..aureus showed an increase (21.59%). Presence of intramammary infections appeared to be associated with some management conditions. These results highlighted the need to improve diagnosis and control measures in replacement heifers...
- Spivacow F, Negri A, del Valle E, Calviño I, Fradinger E, Zanchetta J. Metabolic risk factors in children with kidney stone disease. Pediatr Nephrol. 2008;23:1129-33 pubmed publisher..Very often there is a positive family history of renal stone disease in first- and second-degree relatives...
- Cortes P, Orio A, Regueira M, Piñas G, Echenique J. Characterization of in vitro-generated and clinical optochin-resistant strains of Streptococcus pneumoniae isolated from Argentina. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1930-4 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae and may be carried by circulating pneumococcal strains. ..
- Krivokapich S, Prous C, Gatti G, Confalonieri V, Molina V, Matarasso H, et al. Molecular evidence for a novel encapsulated genotype of Trichinella from Patagonia, Argentina. Vet Parasitol. 2008;156:234-40 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, further studies are necessary to adequately establish this isolate as a unique genotype. ..
- Duffy T, Kleiman F, Pietrokovsky S, Issia L, Schijman A, Wisnivesky Colli C. Real-time PCR strategy for rapid discrimination among main lymnaeid species from Argentina. Acta Trop. 2009;109:1-4 pubmed publisher..This molecular approach constitutes a key laboratory tool complementing ecological studies that ultimately will promote more efficient control strategies. ..
- Peker S, Kowalewski M, Pavé R, Zunino G. Births in wild black and gold howler monkeys (Alouatta caraya) in Northern Argentina. Am J Primatol. 2009;71:261-5 pubmed publisher..Our descriptions of A. caraya births contribute to a growing data set on the timing of parturition in wild nonhuman primates and suggest that a clear pattern of nocturnal births is not universal across nonhuman primate species. ..
- Odriozola E, Quintana A, Gonzalez V, Pasetto R, Utgés M, Bruzzone O, et al. Towards leprosy elimination by 2020: forecasts of epidemiological indicators of leprosy in Corrientes, a province of northeastern Argentina that is a pioneer in leprosy elimination. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2017;112:419-427 pubmed publisher..036 +/- 0.018 logit (MB/total of cases). Corrientes is on the way to eliminating leprosy by 2020, however the increased proportion of MB clinical forms and DG2 signals a warning for disease control efforts. ..
- Lozano M, Enria D, Maiztegui J, Grau O, Romanowski V. Rapid diagnosis of Argentine hemorrhagic fever by reverse transcriptase PCR-based assay. J Clin Microbiol. 1995;33:1327-32 pubmed..It is sensitive enough to detect the low viremia found during the period in which immune plasma therapy can be used effectively, reducing mortality rates from 30% to less than 1%...
- Mougabure Cueto G, Zerba E, Picollo M. Permethrin-resistant head lice (Anoplura: Pediculidae) in Argentina are susceptible to spinosad. J Med Entomol. 2006;43:634-5 pubmed..The effectiveness of spinosad against human lice and the low mammalian toxicity reported in the literature suggest that spinosad could be useful for the management of permethrin-resistant human lice. ..
- Steciow M, Paul A, Bala K. Saprolegnia bulbosa sp. nov. isolated from an Argentine stream: taxonomy and comparison with related species. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2007;268:225-30 pubmed..Taxonomical description of this new species, its comparison with related oomycetes of the genus and the nucleotide sequences of the internal transcribed region (spacers ITS1, ITS2 and the gene 5.8S) of its rRNA gene are given here...
- Salomon O, Quintana M, Zaidenberg M. Urban distribution of Phlebotominae in a cutaneous leishmaniasis focus, Argentina. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2008;103:282-7 pubmed..Therefore, in this urban ACL focus the human-vector effective contact risk is still associated with peri-urban vegetation and ecotone modifications despite the urban residence of the cases. ..
- Sposato L, Esnaola M, Zamora R, Zurru M, Fustinoni O, Saposnik G. Quality of ischemic stroke care in emerging countries: the Argentinian National Stroke Registry (ReNACer). Stroke. 2008;39:3036-41 pubmed publisher..Differences in stroke care were observed between academic and nonacademic institutions. There is an urgent need to develop national stroke programs in Argentina. ..
- Calderon M, Mattion N, Bucafusco D, Fogel F, Remorini P, La Torre J. Molecular characterization of canine parvovirus strains in Argentina: Detection of the pathogenic variant CPV2c in vaccinated dogs. J Virol Methods. 2009;159:141-5 pubmed publisher..Three different pathogenic CPV variants circulating currently in the Argentine domestic dog population were identified, with CPV2c being the only variant affecting vaccinated and unvaccinated dogs during the year 2008...
- Irazola V, Gutierrez L, Bloomfield G, Carrillo Larco R, Dorairaj P, Gaziano T, et al. Hypertension Prevalence, Awareness, Treatment, and Control in Selected LMIC Communities: Results From the NHLBI/UHG Network of Centers of Excellence for Chronic Diseases. Glob Heart. 2016;11:47-59 pubmed publisher..The rates of awareness, treatment, and control also differ in different settings. There is a clear need to focus on increasing hypertension awareness and control in LMICs. ..
- Hidalgo M, Fechner D, Marchevsky E, Pellerano R. Determining the geographical origin of Sechium edule fruits by multielement analysis and advanced chemometric techniques. Food Chem. 2016;210:228-34 pubmed publisher..edule fruits. Finally, the LDA method was found to perform best with up to 90% accuracy rate based on the following elements: Ca, Ba, Cu, Mn, Na, Sr, and Zn. ..
- De Roodt A, Suarez G, Ruzic A, Bellegarde E, Braun M, Blanco C. [A case of human sparganosis in Argentina]. Medicina (B Aires). 1993;53:235-8 pubmed..Some epidemiological aspects are discussed. As far as we know, this is the first case of subcutaneous sparganosis and the second of sparganosis reported in Argentina...
- Firmat J, Zucchini A, Martin R, Aguirre C. A study of 500 cases of acute renal failure (1978-1991). Ren Fail. 1994;16:91-9 pubmed
- Perez S, Vagnozzi A, Sur J, Odriozola E, Campero C, Odeón A. [Retrospective analysis of cases with a diagnosis of cerebrocortical necrosis and its relation with type 5 bovine herpesvirus]. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2003;35:69-73 pubmed..No virus was identified in brain tissues with severe lesions. These findings indicate the association of BHV-5 in neurological disease previously reported as CCN...
- Leotta G, Deza N, Origlia J, Toma C, Chinen I, Miliwebsky E, et al. Detection and characterization of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli in captive non-domestic mammals. Vet Microbiol. 2006;118:151-7 pubmed..This is the first work developed with zoological mammals and STEC in Argentina. ..
- Digiani M, Durette Desset M. Trichostrongylina (Nematoda) parasitic in Phyllotis sp. (Rodentia: Sigmodontinae) from Argentina, with description of three new species. Parasitol Int. 2007;56:9-18 pubmed..franciscanus right rays 4 and 5 diverge at their distal extremity. Lamanema chavezi Becklund, 1963 (Molineoidea: Molineinae), a parasite of South American camelids, is reported in rodents for the second time...
- Florin Christensen M, Schnittger L, Dominguez M, Mesplet M, Rodriguez A, Ferreri L, et al. Search for Babesia bovis vaccine candidates. Parassitologia. 2007;49 Suppl 1:9-12 pubmed..These approaches might unravel useful vaccine candidates for B. bovis, and will increase our understanding of the pathogenicity mechanisms of these and related hemoparasites. ..
- Soto I, Carreira V, Soto E, Hasson E. Wing morphology and fluctuating asymmetry depend on the host plant in cactophilic Drosophila. J Evol Biol. 2008;21:598-609 pubmed..Our results are discussed in the framework of an integrative view aimed at investigating the relevance of host plant shifts in the evolution of the guild of cactophilic Drosophila species that diversified in South America. ..
- Bellis L, Pidgeon A, Radeloff V, St Louis V, Navarro J, Martella M. Modeling habitat suitability for Greater Rheas based on satellite image texture. Ecol Appl. 2008;18:1956-66 pubmed..Our results stress the potential of image texture to capture within-habitat variability in habitat assessments, and the necessity to preserve the remaining natural habitat for Greater Rheas...
- Remesar M, Gamba C, Colaianni I, Puppo M, Sartor P, Murphy E, et al. Estimation of sensitivity and specificity of several Trypanosoma cruzi antibody assays in blood donors in Argentina. Transfusion. 2009;49:2352-8 pubmed publisher..cruzi infection, our data showed an adequate sensitivity for EIA tests in contrast to PA and IHA assays. The latter tests should no longer be used for blood donor screening. ..
- Díaz Jaramillo M, Miglioranza K, Gonzalez M, Baron E, Monserrat J, Eljarrat E, et al. Uptake, metabolism and sub-lethal effects of BDE-47 in two estuarine invertebrates with different trophic positions. Environ Pollut. 2016;213:608-617 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that PBDE hydroxylation is one of the main biotransformation routes of BDE-47 in estuarine animals, which could be associated with the oxidative stress responses found. ..
- Lotufo C, Bergmann I, Mattion N, Wilda M, Grigera P. Recombinant foot-and-mouth disease virus (FMDV) non-structural protein 3A fused to enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP) as a candidate probe to identify FMDV-infected cattle in serosurveys. Arch Virol. 2017;162:2279-2286 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the 3A-EGFP ELISA constitutes a promising screening method in serosurveys to determine whether or not animals are infected with FMDV. ..
- Mulieri P. Saying goodbye to monotypy in the poorly known genus Austrophyto Lopes, 1989 (Diptera: Sarcophagidae): new diagnosis and description of two new species. Zootaxa. 2017;4268:88-100 pubmed publisher..Structures of the male terminalia of all species are documented and compared. A key to the adult males of the species is presented. The genus Austrophyto Lopes is now represented by three species distributed in north-western Argentina. ..
- Rossin A, Malizia A. Relationship between helminth parasites and demographic attributes of a population of the subterranean rodent Ctenomys talarum (Rodentla: Octodontidae). J Parasitol. 2002;88:1268-70 pubmed..The low parasite burden and diversity of C. talarum are associated with restrictions imposed by the subterranean habitat and with life-history traits of these rodents. Whether these findings apply to other Ctenomys spp. is unknown. ..
- GÃ³mez Cendra P, Paulin L, OroÃ±o L, Ovruski S, Vilardi J. Morphometric Differentiation Among Anastrepha fraterculus (Diptera: Tephritidae) Exploiting Sympatric Alternate Hosts. Environ Entomol. 2016;45:508-17 pubmed publisher..The contribution of host preference in long-term genetic differentiation is discussed. ..
- Valperga S, de Jogna Prat S, de Valperga G, Lazarte S, de Trejo A, Diaz N, et al. [Microsporidian spores in the stool specimens of toddlers, with or without diarrhea, from Tucumán, Argentina]. Rev Argent Microbiol. 1999;31:157-64 pubmed..The occurrence of microsporidia was important and did not show significant differences between toddlers with or without diarrhea, eutrophic or undernourished children...
- Gürtler R, Canale D, Spillmann C, Stariolo R, Salomon O, Blanco S, et al. Effectiveness of residual spraying of peridomestic ecotopes with deltamethrin and permethrin on Triatoma infestans in rural western Argentina: a district-wide randomized trial. Bull World Health Organ. 2004;82:196-205 pubmed..Despite the standard treatment proving to be the most effective, the current tactics and procedures fail to eliminate peridomestic populations of T. infestans in semiarid rural areas and need to be revised. ..
- Perez Chada D, Videla A, O Flaherty M, Palermo P, Meoni J, Sarchi M, et al. Sleep habits and accident risk among truck drivers: a cross-sectional study in Argentina. Sleep. 2005;28:1103-8 pubmed..Accident risk was associated with frequent snoring, daytime sleepiness, and reporting of sleepiness at the wheel. This study highlights the need of improving working conditions in this highly exposed population. ..
- Belizan J, Cafferata M. The right to be accompanied at birth: new laws in Argentina and Uruguay. Reprod Health Matters. 2005;13:158-9 pubmed
- Príncipe A, Alvarez F, Castro M, Zacchi L, Zachi L, Fischer S, et al. Biocontrol and PGPR features in native strains isolated from saline soils of Argentina. Curr Microbiol. 2007;55:314-22 pubmed..Strains MEP(2)18 and ARP(2)3 were identified as Bacillus sp. and strains MEP(2)11a and MEP(3)3b as Ochrobactrum sp. according to the sequence analysis of 16S rRNA gene...
- Gomes K, Stupka J, Gomez J, Parra G. Molecular characterization of calicivirus strains detected in outbreaks of gastroenteritis in Argentina. J Med Virol. 2007;79:1703-9 pubmed..To our knowledge, this study constitutes the first report of molecular epidemiology of human Caliciviruses associated to gastroenteritis outbreaks in Argentina and the circulation of GIIb and GIV-1 strains in South-America. ..
- Caputo M, Rivolta C, Gutnisky V, Gruñeiro Papendieck L, Chiesa A, Medeiros Neto G, et al. Recurrence of the p.R277X/p.R1511X compound heterozygous mutation in the thyroglobulin gene in unrelated families with congenital goiter and hypothyroidism: haplotype analysis using intragenic thyroglobulin polymorphisms. J Endocrinol. 2007;195:167-77 pubmed..However, haplotyping of Argentinian patients showed the possibility that the p.R277X alleles might be derived from a common ancestral chromosome. ..
- González Pereyra M, Pereyra C, Ramirez M, Rosa C, Dalcero A, Cavaglieri L. Determination of mycobiota and mycotoxins in pig feed in central Argentina. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2008;46:555-61 pubmed publisher..This fact requires periodic monitoring to prevent the occurrence of mycotoxicosis in animal production, to reduce the economic losses and to minimize hazards to human health. ..
- Vujacich C, Poggi E, Cecchini D, Luchetti P, Stamboulian D. [Clinical and epidemiological aspects of herpes zoster]. Medicina (B Aires). 2008;68:125-8 pubmed..The most frequent complication was PHN and was related with age over 50 years. Clinical and epidemiological aspects of HZ and the frequency of complications in our population were similar to data from developed countries. ..
- Gallesio A. Improving quality and safety in the ICU: a challenge for the next years. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2008;14:700-7 pubmed publisher..Changes described above have impacted the whole practice of intensive care. Quality improvement and offering a safer healthcare will promote deep changes in management and leadership. ..
- Ruybal P, Moretta R, Perez A, Petrigh R, Zimmer P, Alcaraz E, et al. Genetic diversity of Anaplasma marginale in Argentina. Vet Parasitol. 2009;162:176-80 pubmed publisher..marginale msp1alpha repeat units co-evolved with the tick vector, might represent an evidence of the role of tick-mediated transmission for the generation of pathogen genetic diversity. ..
- Carbajo A, Vera C, González P. Hantavirus reservoir Oligoryzomys longicaudatus spatial distribution sensitivity to climate change scenarios in Argentine Patagonia. Int J Health Geogr. 2009;8:44 pubmed publisher..Given that changes maintain for 60 years or double in 30 years, the hantavirus reservoir Oligoryzomys longicaudatus may contract its distribution in Argentine Patagonia extensively. ..
- Fernández M, Salomón O, Cavia R, Perez A, Acardi S, Guccione J. Lutzomyia longipalpis spatial distribution and association with environmental variables in an urban focus of visceral leishmaniasis, Misiones, Argentina. Acta Trop. 2010;114:81-7 pubmed publisher..These results once validated will contribute to the control strategy design through risk maps, in order to prioritize areas for prevention and control, and setting the appropriate scale for intervention. ..
- Crespo F, Valverde A, Iglesias M. A new species of Tribonium Saussure, 1862 from the Province of Misiones, Argentina (Blattaria, Blaberidae, Zetoborinae). Zootaxa. 2015;3936:593-9 pubmed publisher..Femur and tibial spine armature are given and Tribonium is compared with Schistopeltis. A key to identify species of the genus Tribonium recorded in Argentina is provided. ..
- Brogger M, O Hara T. Revision of some ophiuroid records (Echinodermata: Ophiuroidea) from Argentina. Zootaxa. 2015;3972:432-40 pubmed publisher..vivipara complex. Specimens of Amphiura joubini reported from Argentina are re-identified as Amphiura princeps, and specimens of Ophiactis amator from the Antarctic Peninsula are re-identified as Ophiactis asperula. ..
- Vinicki J, Paniego F, De Rosa G, Dubinsky D, Laborde H, Marini A, et al. Lupus nephritis in Latin American patients: 10-year results from a single medical center in Argentina. Lupus. 2016;25:217-22 pubmed publisher..Failing to obtain a complete response after induction therapy was related to an increased risk of relapse during long-term follow-up in our study. ..
- Esteban S, Vázquez Peña F, Terrasa S. Translation and cross-cultural adaptation of a standardized international questionnaire on use of alternative and complementary medicine (I-CAM - Q) for Argentina. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:109 pubmed publisher..Further research should focus on assessing the questionnaire's psychometric performance and validity, which so far has not been done. ..
- Poggio R, Serón P, Calandrelli M, Ponzo J, Mores N, Matta M, et al. Prevalence, Patterns, and Correlates of Physical Activity Among the Adult Population in Latin America: Cross-Sectional Results from the CESCAS I Study. Glob Heart. 2016;11:81-88.e1 pubmed publisher..The promotion of PA during leisure time in women--unemployed and homemakers--and of active transportation for those performing office or clerical work should be a priority in this population. ..
- Blejer J, Saguier M, Salamone H, Carreras L. [Determination of anti-HTLV-I/II antibodies: Experience in 28,897 blood donations in Buenos Aires]. Sangre (Barc). 1995;40:447-51 pubmed..Lastly, it should be noticed that investigation of anti-HTLV-I/II antibodies could result in a surrogate method for detecting other viral infections transmitted by these routes. ..
- Digiani M, Sutton C. New reports and a redescription of Porrocaecum heteropterum (Diesing, 1851) (Ascarididae), a rare nematode parasitic in South American.threskiornithid birds1. Syst Parasitol. 2001;49:1-6 pubmed
- Ruffa M, Perusina M, Alfonso V, Wagner M, Suriano M, Vicente C, et al. Antiviral activity of Petiveria alliacea against the bovine viral diarrhea virus. Chemotherapy. 2002;48:144-7 pubmed..Natural products are a relevant source of antiviral drugs. Five medicinal plants used in Argentina have been assayed to detect inhibition of viral growth...
- Navarro J, Barri F, Maestri D, Labuckas D, Martella M. Physical characteristics and chemical composition of Lesser Rhea (Pterocnemia pennata) eggs from farmed populations. Br Poult Sci. 2003;44:586-90 pubmed
- Pildain M, Vaamonde G, Cabral D. Analysis of population structure of Aspergillus flavus from peanut based on vegetative compatibility, geographic origin, mycotoxin and sclerotia production. Int J Food Microbiol. 2004;93:31-40 pubmed..The two regions analysed have different climatic conditions, soil type, crop sequence history and also are in different latitude. These parameters may reflect different geographic adaptation between isolates from both sites. ..
- Ivanov V. A new species of Rhinebothroides Mayes, Brooks & Thorson, 1981 (Cestoda: Tetraphyllidea) from the ocellate river stingray in Argentina, with amended descriptions of two other species of the genus. Syst Parasitol. 2004;58:159-74 pubmed..mclennanae and R. glandularis, the absence of microtriches in the genital atrium, intraspecific variation of bothridial shape and ovarian shape. ..
- Andres P, Petroni A, Faccone D, Pasteran F, Melano R, Rapoport M, et al. Extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in Shigella flexneri from Argentina: first report of TOHO-1 outside Japan. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2005;25:501-7 pubmed..All the ESBL-encoding genes were transferred to Escherichia coli by conjugation. PFGE analysis indicated that the 10 ESBL-producing S. flexneri isolates were subtypes of a unique clone. ..
- Fanara J, Folguera G, Iriarte P, Mensch J, Hasson E. Genotype by environment interactions in viability and developmental time in populations of cactophilic Drosophila. J Evol Biol. 2006;19:900-8 pubmed..These dissimilar patterns of variation between traits and species suggest that the evolutionary forces shaping genetic variation for developmental time and viability vary between populations within species and between species. ..
- Krautmann M, de Riscala E, Burgueno Tapia E, Mora Pérez Y, Catalan C, Joseph Nathan P. C-15-functionalized eudesmanolides from Mikania campanulata. J Nat Prod. 2007;70:1173-9 pubmed..The chemistry of the large genus Mikania is briefly analyzed. ..
- Toloza A, Vassena C, Gallardo A, Gonzalez Audino P, Picollo M. Epidemiology of Pediculosis capitis in elementary schools of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Parasitol Res. 2009;104:1295-8 pubmed publisher..The differences of pediculosis among the studied schools could be explained by the different control strategies applied by parents or advisors to eradicate head lice...
- Hancke D, Suárez O. Infection levels of the cestode Hymenolepis diminuta in rat populations from Buenos Aires, Argentina. J Helminthol. 2016;90:199-205 pubmed publisher..Shantytowns are overcrowded urban marginal settlements with most inhabitants living in precarious conditions and supporting large populations of rats, thereby increasing the risk of zoonotic infection. ..
- Botero Trujillo R, Iuri H. Chileotrecha romero (Kraus, 1966) comb. nov. and Pseudocleobis patagonicus (Roewer, 1934) comb. nov. transferral from Mummuciidae to Ammotrechidae (Arachnida, Solifugae). Zootaxa. 2015;3990:437-43 pubmed publisher..In addition, we confirm that female and immature specimens of the family Mummuciidae, just like males, can be reliably recognized based on features that had been suggested by Maury (1984). ..
- Stambullian M, Feliu M, Cassetti L, Slobodianik N. Nutritional Status and Lipid Profile in HIV-Infected Adults. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2015;15:302-7 pubmed..Nutritional education is needed to promote a healthy weight to warn against the risk of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Alderete E, Gregorich S, Monteban M, Kaplan C, Mejia R, Livaudais Toman J, et al. Effect of appreciation for Indigenous cultures and exposure to racial insults on alcohol and drug use initiation among multiethnic Argentinean youth. Prev Med. 2016;85:60-8 pubmed publisher..These effects were independent of Indigenous ethnicity. Enhancing appreciation for Indigenous cultures and decreasing racial insults are achievable goals that can be incorporated into programs to prevent youth substance use. ..
- Stein M, Santana M, Galindo L, Etchepare E, Willener J, AlmirÃ³n W. Culicidae (Diptera) community structure, spatial and temporal distribution in three environments of the province of Chaco, Argentina. Acta Trop. 2016;156:57-67 pubmed publisher..The study area showed a rich Culicidae fauna of public health significance, with a risk of pathogen transmission, suggesting the need of further studies and the febrile and entomological surveillance. ..
- Dondo M, Monsalvo M, Garibaldi L. [Determinants of equity in financing medicines in Argentina: an empirical study]. Cad Saude Publica. 2016;32: pubmed publisher..Low income, weak institutions, and insufficient infrastructure and services were associated with the most regressive social responses to health needs, thereby aggravating living conditions and limiting development opportunities. ..
- Abraham S, Lara PÃ©rez L, RodrÃguez C, Contreras Navarro Y, NuÃ±ez Beverido N, Ovruski S, et al. The male ejaculate as inhibitor of female remating in two tephritid flies. J Insect Physiol. 2016;88:40-7 pubmed publisher..This finding brings us closer to understanding the mechanisms through which female receptivity can be modulated. ..
- Wainstein D, Sisco P, Deforel M, Irigoyen M, Devoto J, Zarate J. Systematic and Specific Treatment of Patients with Enteroatmospheric Fistulas: From Initial Conservative Treatment to Definitive Surgery. Surg Technol Int. 2016;28:73-81 pubmed..Systematic management of enteroatmospheric fistulas, following a rigorous protocol and a two-step specific treatment, resulted in a practical approach and yielded good results in healing and mortality. ..
- Nieves Parisi M, Enria D, Pini N, Sabattini M. [Retrospective detection of hantavirus clinical infections in Argentina]. Medicina (B Aires). 1996;56:1-13 pubmed..The clinical variability found could be related to the presence of more than one hantavirus serotype in our country...
- Samartino L, Gall D, Gregoret R, Nielsen K. Validation of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for the diagnosis of bovine brucellosis. Vet Microbiol. 1999;70:193-200 pubmed..The results indicate the potential use of the CELISA as a complementary assay in the brucellosis control and eradication program in Argentina and other countries, where Brucella abortusstrain 19 vaccination is mandatory...
- Mangano A, Theiler G, Sala L, Capucchio M, Fainboim L, Sen L. Distribution of CCR5-Delta 32 and CCR2-64I alleles in an Argentine Amerindian population. Tissue Antigens. 2001;58:99-102 pubmed..In conclusion, the protective deletion CCR5-Delta 32 is practically absent in Chiriguanos whereas the CCR2-64I allele is highly frequent. ..
- Uzal F, Delhon G, Murcia P, De las Heras M, Lujan L, Fernandez Miyakawa M, et al. Ovine pulmonary adenomatosis in Patagonia, Argentina. Vet Res Commun. 2004;28:159-70 pubmed..The presence of the Jaagsiekte retrovirus was demonstrated in the lungs by immunocytochemistry and PCR. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of OPA in Patagonia...
- Busch M, Cavia R, Carbajo A, Bellomo C, Gonzalez Capria S, Padula P. Spatial and temporal analysis of the distribution of hantavirus pulmonary syndrome in Buenos Aires Province, and its relation to rodent distribution, agricultural and demographic variables. Trop Med Int Health. 2004;9:508-19 pubmed..The last two variables are probably indicators of favourable ecological conditions for the reservoirs, which encompass other variables not taken into account in this study...
- Rizzo I, Vedoya G, Maurutto S, Haidukowski M, Varsavsky E. Assessment of toxigenic fungi on Argentinean medicinal herbs. Microbiol Res. 2004;159:113-20 pubmed..It would be important to look for natural contamination to define acceptability Limits which allow the control of sanitary quality of medicinal herbs used as phytotherapic medicines in several countries. ..
- Power P, Galleni M, Di Conza J, Ayala J, Gutkind G. Description of In116, the first blaCTX-M-2-containing complex class 1 integron found in Morganella morganii isolates from Buenos Aires, Argentina. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2005;55:461-5 pubmed..We analysed the architecture and probable origin of a class 1 integron from cefotaxime-resistant Morganella morganii isolates...
- Rossetti C, Liem M, Samartino L, Hartskeerl R. Buenos Aires, a new Leptospira serovar of serogroup Djasiman, isolated from an aborted dog fetus in Argentina. Vet Microbiol. 2005;107:241-8 pubmed..However, the isolate could not be identified as any of the known serovars within this serogroup. These results allow us to conclude that the strain Baires represents a new serovar (Buenos Aires) of Djasiman serogroup. ..
- Palacios Jaraquemada J, Bruno C. Magnetic resonance imaging in 300 cases of placenta accreta: surgical correlation of new findings. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2005;84:716-24 pubmed..New findings modified surgical tactic and technique, allowing a reduction in historical morbidity and a significant increase in conservative surgeries. ..
- Cecere M, Vazquez Prokopec G, Ceballos L, Gurevitz J, Zárate J, Zaidenberg M, et al. Comparative trial of effectiveness of pyrethroid insecticides against peridomestic populations of Triatoma infestans in northwestern Argentina. J Med Entomol. 2006;43:902-9 pubmed..The application of suspension concentrate pyrethroids in dose twice as large as that currently in use in the attack phase produces a greater initial impact and may eliminate peridomestic populations of T. infestans. ..
- Chiávetta L, Chavez E, Ruzic A, Mollerach M, Regueira M. [Surveillance of Neisseria meningitidis in Argentina, 1993-2005: distribution of serogroups, serotypes and serosubtypes isolated from invasive disease]. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2007;39:21-7 pubmed..The nonsubtypable isolates throughout the period of study represented the 52.8%, this high percentage demonstrates the limited capacity of the serotyping for the determination of meningococcal/meningococcus subtypes. of meningococco. ..
- Cappozzo H, Túnez J, Cassini M. Sexual harassment and female gregariousness in the South American sea lion, Otaria flavescens. Naturwissenschaften. 2008;95:625-30 pubmed publisher..Females in large breeding groups received less harassment by resident males due to dilution effects and because males that defended a large group interacted less frequently with females than males with small groups. ..
- Papayannis C, Consalvo D, Seifer G, Kauffman M, Silva W, Kochen S. Clinical spectrum and difficulties in management of hypothalamic hamartoma in a developing country. Acta Neurol Scand. 2008;118:313-9 pubmed publisher..In five, an additional procedure was performed without any significant improvement. These series show the heterogeneous spectrum of this entity and the difficulties in its treatment in a developing country. ..
- Goldman C, Loureiro J, Matteo M, Catalano M, González A, Heredia S, et al. Helicobacter spp. from gastric biopsies of stranded South American fur seals (Arctocephalus australis). Res Vet Sci. 2009;86:18-21 pubmed publisher..The presence of H. cetorum in pinnipeds, if confirmed by its isolation from the gastric mucosa of these mammals, demonstrates the wide host range of this bacterium in the marine environment...
- Eirin M, Dilernia D, Berini C, Jones L, Pando M, Biglione M. Divergent strains of human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 (HTLV-1) within the Cosmopolitan subtype in Argentina. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2008;24:1237-44 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings show that HTLV-1 Cosmopolitan subtype Transcontinental subgroup A is infecting residents of Buenos Aires, a nonendemic area of Argentina, and confirm the introduction of divergent strains in the country. ..
- Valva P, Becker P, Streitemberger P, Lombardi G, Rey G, Guzman C, et al. Germline TP53 mutations and single nucleotide polymorphisms in children. Medicina (B Aires). 2009;69:143-7 pubmed..This is the first study about TP53 variant frequency and distribution in healthy individuals and cancer patients in Argentina. ..
- Gleiser R, Gorla D, Ludueña Almeida F. Monitoring the abundance of Aedes (Ochlerotatus) albifasciatus (Macquart 1838) (Diptera: Culicidae) to the south of Mar Chiquita Lake, central Argentina, with the aid of remote sensing. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 1997;91:917-26 pubmed
- Radice M, Gonzéález C, Power P, Vidal M, Gutkind G. Third-generation cephalosporin resistance in Shigella sonnei, Argentina. Emerg Infect Dis. 2001;7:442-3 pubmed..Microbiologic and biochemical tests confirmed the presence of an extended spectrum beta-lactamase displaying an apparent isoelectric point value of 8.2...
- Turco M, Keller L, Peres S, Sordo M, Procopio A. [Isolation of Plesiomonas shigelloides from a pediatric patient]. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2002;34:104-6 pubmed..P. shigelloides has been implicated as an etiological agent in many sporadic cases of diarrhea, probably associated with drinking untreated water, eating uncooked seafood or foreign travel...
- Di Marzio W. First results from a screening of filamentous organisms present in Buenos Aires's activated sludge plants. Water Sci Technol. 2002;46:119-22 pubmed..The dominant species were Type 021 N, Thiothrix I, Sphaerotilus natans, Microthrix parvicella, Nocardia sp, Type 1701, Type 1863, Type 0041 and Type 0092. ..
- Laham F, Israele V, Casellas J, Garcia A, Lac Prugent C, Hoffman S, et al. Differential production of inflammatory cytokines in primary infection with human metapneumovirus and with other common respiratory viruses of infancy. J Infect Dis. 2004;189:2047-56 pubmed..These findings suggest that hMPV and RSV either cause disease via different mechanisms or share a common mechanism that is distinct from innate immune activation. ..
- Gadano A, Gurni A, Carballo M. Argentine folk medicine: genotoxic effects of Chenopodiaceae family. J Ethnopharmacol. 2006;103:246-51 pubmed..These results suggest a cyto and genotoxic effect of Chenopodium ambrosioides and Chenopodium multifidum aqueous extracts related to the essential oil of the plant (as Chenopodium album did not perform)...
- Wannaz E, Carreras H, Perez C, Pignata M. Assessment of heavy metal accumulation in two species of Tillandsia in relation to atmospheric emission sources in Argentina. Sci Total Environ. 2006;361:267-78 pubmed..We therefore conclude that T. capillaris is a more efficient metal accumulator in passive biomonitoring studies...