Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
Publications176 found, 100 shown here
- Galvez Valdivieso G, Fryer M, Lawson T, Slattery K, Truman W, Smirnoff N, et al. The high light response in Arabidopsis involves ABA signaling between vascular and bundle sheath cells. Plant Cell. 2009;21:2143-62 pubmed publisher..ABA is necessary for the successful adjustment of the leaf to repeated episodes of high light. This process involves maintenance of photochemical quenching, which is required for dissipation of excess excitation energy. ..
- Dalchau N, Hubbard K, Robertson F, Hotta C, Briggs H, Stan G, et al. Correct biological timing in Arabidopsis requires multiple light-signaling pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13171-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover a fundamental design principle of circadian regulation, and identify the importance of rapid light-signaling pathways in temporal control. ..
- Borg M, Brownfield L, Khatab H, Sidorova A, Lingaya M, Twell D. The R2R3 MYB transcription factor DUO1 activates a male germline-specific regulon essential for sperm cell differentiation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:534-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, the DUO1 regulon has a major role in shaping the germline transcriptome and functions to commit progenitor germ cells to sperm cell differentiation. ..
- Sorieul M, Langhans M, Guetzoyan L, Hillmer S, Clarkson G, Lord J, et al. An Exo2 derivative affects ER and Golgi morphology and vacuolar sorting in a tissue-specific manner in arabidopsis. Traffic. 2011;12:1552-62 pubmed publisher..Up to concentrations of 50 µm, the effects of LG8 are reversible. ..
- Sugio A, Kingdom H, MacLean A, Grieve V, Hogenhout S. Phytoplasma protein effector SAP11 enhances insect vector reproduction by manipulating plant development and defense hormone biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:E1254-63 pubmed publisher..This finding demonstrates that pathogen effectors can reach beyond the pathogen-host interface to modulate a third organism in the biological interaction...
- Daudi A, Cheng Z, O Brien J, Mammarella N, Khan S, Ausubel F, et al. The apoplastic oxidative burst peroxidase in Arabidopsis is a major component of pattern-triggered immunity. Plant Cell. 2012;24:275-87 pubmed publisher..In aggregate, these data demonstrate that the peroxidase-dependent oxidative burst plays an important role in Arabidopsis basal resistance mediated by the recognition of MAMPs. ..
- Vaistij F, Gan Y, Penfield S, Gilday A, Dave A, He Z, et al. Differential control of seed primary dormancy in Arabidopsis ecotypes by the transcription factor SPATULA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:10866-71 pubmed publisher..Each of these routes has different impacts and this in turn explains the opposite effect of SPT on seed dormancy of the two ecotypes analyzed here...
- Dewitte W, Riou Khamlichi C, Scofield S, Healy J, Jacqmard A, Kilby N, et al. Altered cell cycle distribution, hyperplasia, and inhibited differentiation in Arabidopsis caused by the D-type cyclin CYCD3. Plant Cell. 2003;15:79-92 pubmed
- Franklin K, Davis S, Stoddart W, Vierstra R, Whitelam G. Mutant analyses define multiple roles for phytochrome C in Arabidopsis photomorphogenesis. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1981-9 pubmed..Together, these data suggest that phyC has multiple functions throughout plant development that may include working as a coactivator with other phytochromes and the cryptochrome blue light receptors. ..
- Smertenko A, Chang H, Wagner V, Kaloriti D, Fenyk S, Sonobe S, et al. The Arabidopsis microtubule-associated protein AtMAP65-1: molecular analysis of its microtubule bundling activity. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2035-47 pubmed..Moreover, using an antiserum raised to AtMAP65-1, we show that AtMAP65-1 binds microtubules at specific stages of the cell cycle. ..
- Mylne J, Barrett L, Tessadori F, Mesnage S, Johnson L, Bernatavichute Y, et al. LHP1, the Arabidopsis homologue of HETEROCHROMATIN PROTEIN1, is required for epigenetic silencing of FLC. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:5012-7 pubmed..This association did not depend on vernalization or VRN2 function and was maintained during mitosis but was lost in meiotic chromosomes, suggesting that VRN1 may contribute to chromatin silencing that is not meiotically stable. ..
- Smith L, Pontes O, Searle I, Yelina N, Yousafzai F, Herr A, et al. An SNF2 protein associated with nuclear RNA silencing and the spread of a silencing signal between cells in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1507-21 pubmed..We interpret the effect of polymerase IVa and trans-acting siRNA pathway mutations in terms of a modular property of RNA silencing pathways...
- Rieu I, Eriksson S, Powers S, Gong F, Griffiths J, Woolley L, et al. Genetic analysis reveals that C19-GA 2-oxidation is a major gibberellin inactivation pathway in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2420-36 pubmed publisher..Under GA-limited conditions, further roles are revealed, such as limiting elongation of the main stem and side shoots. We conclude that C(19)-GA 2-oxidation is a major GA inactivation pathway regulating development in Arabidopsis. ..
- Comparot Moss S, Kötting O, Stettler M, Edner C, Graf A, Weise S, et al. A putative phosphatase, LSF1, is required for normal starch turnover in Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:685-97 pubmed publisher..The phenotype of the lsf1/sex4 double mutant also differs from that of both single mutants in several respects. We discuss the possible role of the LSF1 protein in starch degradation. ..
- Koprivova A, des Francs Small C, Calder G, Mugford S, Tanz S, Lee B, et al. Identification of a pentatricopeptide repeat protein implicated in splicing of intron 1 of mitochondrial nad7 transcripts. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:32192-9 pubmed publisher..The same phenotype was observed with other mutants affected in function of Complex I, thus reinforcing the importance of Complex I function for cellular redox homeostasis. ..
- Eastmond P, Quettier A, Kroon J, Craddock C, Adams N, Slabas A. Phosphatidic acid phosphohydrolase 1 and 2 regulate phospholipid synthesis at the endoplasmic reticulum in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2010;22:2796-811 pubmed publisher..However, the target enzymes differ, and key components of the signal transduction pathway do not appear to be conserved. ..
- Causier B, Ashworth M, Guo W, Davies B. The TOPLESS interactome: a framework for gene repression in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:423-38 pubmed publisher..They allow for predictions about new repressive transcription factors, corepressor interactions, and repression mechanisms and identify a wide range of plant processes that utilize TPL/TPR-mediated gene repression. ..
- O Brien J, Daudi A, Finch P, Butt V, Whitelegge J, Souda P, et al. A peroxidase-dependent apoplastic oxidative burst in cultured Arabidopsis cells functions in MAMP-elicited defense. Plant Physiol. 2012;158:2013-27 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that PRX33/PRX34-generated ROS production is involved in the orchestration of pattern-triggered immunity in tissue culture cells. ..
- Liu W, Schat H, Bliek M, Chen Y, McGrath S, GEORGE G, et al. Knocking out ACR2 does not affect arsenic redox status in Arabidopsis thaliana: implications for as detoxification and accumulation in plants. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42408 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the existence of multiple pathways of arsenate reduction in plants and yeast. ..
- Andriotis V, Pike M, Schwarz S, Rawsthorne S, Wang T, Smith A. Altered starch turnover in the maternal plant has major effects on Arabidopsis fruit growth and seed composition. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:1175-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, the supply of carbohydrate from the maternal plant to the developing fruit at night can have an important influence on oilseed composition and on postgerminative growth. ..
- Karnik R, Grefen C, Bayne R, Honsbein A, Köhler T, Kioumourtzoglou D, et al. Arabidopsis Sec1/Munc18 protein SEC11 is a competitive and dynamic modulator of SNARE binding and SYP121-dependent vesicle traffic. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1368-82 pubmed publisher..They also implicate one or more factors that alter or disrupt SEC11 association with the SYP121 N terminus as an early step initiating SNARE complex formation. ..
- Sampathkumar A, Gutierrez R, McFarlane H, Bringmann M, Lindeboom J, Emons A, et al. Patterning and lifetime of plasma membrane-localized cellulose synthase is dependent on actin organization in Arabidopsis interphase cells. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:675-88 pubmed publisher..Hence, both actin and microtubule cytoskeletons play important roles in regulating CesA trafficking, cellulose deposition, and organization of cell wall biogenesis...
- Takahashi A, Casais C, Ichimura K, Shirasu K. HSP90 interacts with RAR1 and SGT1 and is essential for RPS2-mediated disease resistance in Arabidopsis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:11777-82 pubmed..1 is required for full RPS2 resistance and is rapidly induced upon pathogen challenge. We propose that RAR1 and SGT1 function closely with HSP90 in chaperoning roles that are essential for disease resistance. ..
- Hou B, Lim E, Higgins G, Bowles D. N-glucosylation of cytokinins by glycosyltransferases of Arabidopsis thaliana. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47822-32 pubmed..The role of the N-glucosyltransferases in cytokinin metabolism is discussed. ..
- Sanchez Moran E, Jones G, Franklin F, Santos J. A puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase is essential for meiosis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2895-909 pubmed..Chromosome pairing and early recombination appears normal, but progression to later stages of recombination and complete synapsis of homologous chromosomes are blocked. ..
- Aparicio F, Thomas C, Lederer C, Niu Y, Wang D, Maule A. Virus induction of heat shock protein 70 reflects a general response to protein accumulation in the plant cytosol. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:529-36 pubmed..This phenomenon is reminiscent of the unfolded protein response observed when the induced accumulation of proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum also induces a specific suite of chaperones. ..
- Baxter C, Redestig H, Schauer N, Repsilber D, Patil K, Nielsen J, et al. The metabolic response of heterotrophic Arabidopsis cells to oxidative stress. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:312-25 pubmed
- Atanassov I, Pittman J, Turner S. Elucidating the mechanisms of assembly and subunit interaction of the cellulose synthase complex of Arabidopsis secondary cell walls. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3833-41 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that this approach will provide an excellent framework for future detailed analysis of the CSC. ..
- Zhang Y, Primavesi L, Jhurreea D, Andralojc P, Mitchell R, Powers S, et al. Inhibition of SNF1-related protein kinase1 activity and regulation of metabolic pathways by trehalose-6-phosphate. Plant Physiol. 2009;149:1860-71 pubmed publisher..These experiments provide strong evidence that T6P inhibits SnRK1 to activate biosynthetic processes in growing tissues. ..
- Denness L, McKenna J, Segonzac C, Wormit A, Madhou P, Bennett M, et al. Cell wall damage-induced lignin biosynthesis is regulated by a reactive oxygen species- and jasmonic acid-dependent process in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:1364-74 pubmed publisher..This feedback loop in turn seems to influence lignin accumulation. Our results characterize a genetic network enabling plants to regulate lignin biosynthesis in response to CWD through dynamic interactions between JA and ROS. ..
- Wormit A, Butt S, Chairam I, McKenna J, Nunes Nesi A, Kjaer L, et al. Osmosensitive changes of carbohydrate metabolism in response to cellulose biosynthesis inhibition. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:105-17 pubmed publisher..The evidence presented here supports the notion that cellulose and carbohydrate metabolism may be coordinated via an osmosensitive mechanism. ..
- Beck M, Zhou J, Faulkner C, Maclean D, Robatzek S. Spatio-temporal cellular dynamics of the Arabidopsis flagellin receptor reveal activation status-dependent endosomal sorting. Plant Cell. 2012;24:4205-19 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we report a dynamic pattern of subcellular trafficking for FLS2 and reveal a defined framework for ligand-dependent endocytosis of this receptor. ..
- Bottanelli F, Foresti O, Hanton S, Denecke J. Vacuolar transport in tobacco leaf epidermis cells involves a single route for soluble cargo and multiple routes for membrane cargo. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3007-25 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that soluble vacuolar proteins follow a single route to vacuoles, while membrane spanning proteins may use at least three different transport mechanisms. ..
- Macho A, Boutrot F, Rathjen J, Zipfel C. Aspartate oxidase plays an important role in Arabidopsis stomatal immunity. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:1845-56 pubmed publisher..In addition, the availability of viable mutants for the chloroplastic enzyme AO will enable future detailed studies on the role of NAD metabolism in different cellular processes, including immunity, in Arabidopsis. ..
- Romano P, Horton P, Gray J. The Arabidopsis cyclophilin gene family. Plant Physiol. 2004;134:1268-82 pubmed..As well as fulfilling the basic role of protein folding, they may also play important roles in mRNA processing, protein degradation, and signal transduction and thus may be crucial during both development and stress responsiveness. ..
- Tör M, Gordon P, Cuzick A, Eulgem T, Sinapidou E, Mert Türk F, et al. Arabidopsis SGT1b is required for defense signaling conferred by several downy mildew resistance genes. Plant Cell. 2002;14:993-1003 pubmed..We discuss the role of AtSGT1b in disease resistance and its possible involvement in ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis in plants. ..
- He R, Drury G, Rotari V, Gordon A, Willer M, Farzaneh T, et al. Metacaspase-8 modulates programmed cell death induced by ultraviolet light and H2O2 in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:774-83 pubmed..Knock-out seeds and seedlings had an increased tolerance to the herbicide methyl viologen. We suggest that metacaspase-8 is part of an evolutionary conserved PCD pathway activated by oxidative stress. ..
- Adamski N, Anastasiou E, Eriksson S, O Neill C, Lenhard M. Local maternal control of seed size by KLUH/CYP78A5-dependent growth signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:20115-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, the level of KLU-dependent growth factor signaling determines size in ovules and seeds, suggesting this pathway as a target for crop improvement. ..
- Merkouropoulos G, Shirsat A. Histochemical map of the ectopic expression of the Arabidopsis atExt1 extensin gene in transgenic tobacco. Genet Mol Res. 2012;11:1830-40 pubmed publisher..glucuronidase (reporter gene) staining was also observed in the pollen grains and at the base of the corolla. ..
- Noel L, Moores T, van der Biezen E, Parniske M, Daniels M, Parker J, et al. Pronounced intraspecific haplotype divergence at the RPP5 complex disease resistance locus of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1999;11:2099-112 pubmed..We propose that the extremely high level of polymorphism at this complex resistance locus is maintained by frequency-dependent selection. ..
- Buschmann H, Chan J, Sanchez Pulido L, Andrade Navarro M, Doonan J, Lloyd C. Microtubule-associated AIR9 recognizes the cortical division site at preprophase and cell-plate insertion. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1938-43 pubmed..We propose that AIR9 may be part of the mechanism ensuring the maturation of those cell plates successfully contacting the "programmed" cortical division site. ..
- Finkemeier I, König A, Heard W, Nunes Nesi A, Pham P, Leister D, et al. Transcriptomic analysis of the role of carboxylic acids in metabolite signaling in Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:239-53 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that changes in carboxylic acid abundances can be perceived and signaled in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) by as yet unknown signaling pathways...
- Desikan R, Hancock J, Bright J, Harrison J, Weir I, Hooley R, et al. A role for ETR1 in hydrogen peroxide signaling in stomatal guard cells. Plant Physiol. 2005;137:831-4 pubmed
- Havecker E, Wallbridge L, Hardcastle T, Bush M, Kelly K, Dunn R, et al. The Arabidopsis RNA-directed DNA methylation argonautes functionally diverge based on their expression and interaction with target loci. Plant Cell. 2010;22:321-34 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the importance of tissue specificity and AGO-associated proteins in influencing epigenetic modifications. ..
- Morris K, Thornber S, Codrai L, Richardson C, Craig A, Sadanandom A, et al. DAY NEUTRAL FLOWERING represses CONSTANS to prevent Arabidopsis flowering early in short days. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1118-28 pubmed publisher..The effect of DNF on the rhythm of CO expression is essential for the photoperiodic response of Arabidopsis, enabling it to have a different flowering response in LDs and SDs. ..
- Ferdous M, Higgins J, Osman K, Lambing C, Roitinger E, Mechtler K, et al. Inter-homolog crossing-over and synapsis in Arabidopsis meiosis are dependent on the chromosome axis protein AtASY3. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002507 pubmed publisher..This is sufficient to prevent the ectopic recombination observed in the absence of AtZYP1, thus emphasizing that in addition to its structural role the protein is important for CO formation. ..
- Dunoyer P, Thomas C, Harrison S, Revers F, Maule A. A cysteine-rich plant protein potentiates Potyvirus movement through an interaction with the virus genome-linked protein VPg. J Virol. 2004;78:2301-9 pubmed..We conclude that PVIP functions as an ancillary factor to support potyvirus movement in plants. ..
- Kepinski S, Leyser O. Auxin-induced SCFTIR1-Aux/IAA interaction involves stable modification of the SCFTIR1 complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:12381-6 pubmed..Instead, we present data suggesting that auxin promotes the SCF(TIR1)-Aux/IAA interaction by affecting the SCF component, TIR1, or proteins tightly associated with it. ..
- Penfield S, Li Y, Gilday A, Graham S, Graham I. Arabidopsis ABA INSENSITIVE4 regulates lipid mobilization in the embryo and reveals repression of seed germination by the endosperm. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1887-99 pubmed..We conclude that the single cell endosperm layer plays an active role in the regulation of seed germination in Arabidopsis. ..
- Bych K, Netz D, Vigani G, Bill E, Lill R, Pierik A, et al. The essential cytosolic iron-sulfur protein Nbp35 acts without Cfd1 partner in the green lineage. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:35797-804 pubmed publisher..These results show that despite considerable divergence from the yeast Cfd1-Nbp35 Fe-S scaffold complex, AtNBP35 has retained similar Fe-S cluster binding and transfer properties and performs an essential function. ..
- Wu A, Hörnblad E, Voxeur A, Gerber L, Rihouey C, Lerouge P, et al. Analysis of the Arabidopsis IRX9/IRX9-L and IRX14/IRX14-L pairs of glycosyltransferase genes reveals critical contributions to biosynthesis of the hemicellulose glucuronoxylan. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:542-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal two distinct sets of four genes each differentially contributing to GX biosynthesis. ..
- Maeda K, Robinson A, Henbest K, Hogben H, Biskup T, Ahmad M, et al. Magnetically sensitive light-induced reactions in cryptochrome are consistent with its proposed role as a magnetoreceptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4774-9 pubmed publisher..We argue that cryptochrome is fit for purpose as a chemical magnetoreceptor. ..
- Martinière A, Lavagi I, Nageswaran G, Rolfe D, Maneta Peyret L, Luu D, et al. Cell wall constrains lateral diffusion of plant plasma-membrane proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12805-10 pubmed publisher..Regulation of PM protein dynamics by the plant cell wall can be interpreted as a mechanism for regulating protein interactions in processes such as trafficking and signal transduction. ..
- Baumberger N, Baulcombe D. Arabidopsis ARGONAUTE1 is an RNA Slicer that selectively recruits microRNAs and short interfering RNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:11928-33 pubmed..Based on sequence similarity, we predict that other Arabidopsis AGOs might have a similar catalytic activity but recruit different subsets of siRNAs or miRNAs. ..
- Henderson I, Shindo C, Dean C. The need for winter in the switch to flowering. Annu Rev Genet. 2003;37:371-92 pubmed..The mechanism of the vernalization requirement, which is now being explored in a range of plant species, should uncover the evolutionary origins of this key agronomic trait...
- Brown B, Jenkins G. UV-B signaling pathways with different fluence-rate response profiles are distinguished in mature Arabidopsis leaf tissue by requirement for UVR8, HY5, and HYH. Plant Physiol. 2008;146:576-88 pubmed..This research provides evidence that, in UV-B signaling, UVR8, HY5, and HYH act together in a photoregulatory pathway and demonstrates a new role for HYH in UV-B responses. ..
- Brownfield L, Hafidh S, Durbarry A, Khatab H, Sidorova A, Doerner P, et al. Arabidopsis DUO POLLEN3 is a key regulator of male germline development and embryogenesis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:1940-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate essential developmental roles for DUO3 in cell cycle progression and cell specification in both gametophytic and sporophytic tissues...
- Finkemeier I, Laxa M, Miguet L, Howden A, Sweetlove L. Proteins of diverse function and subcellular location are lysine acetylated in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:1779-90 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that Lys acetylation also occurs on proteins outside the nucleus in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) and that Lys acetylation could be important in the regulation of key metabolic enzymes. ..
- McCormac A, Terry M. Loss of nuclear gene expression during the phytochrome A-mediated far-red block of greening response. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:402-14 pubmed..The significance of identifying a distinct phytochrome A-mediated plastid signaling pathway is discussed. ..
- Hey S, Mayerhofer H, Halford N, Dickinson J. DNA sequences from Arabidopsis, which encode protein kinases and function as upstream regulators of Snf1 in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:10472-9 pubmed..3 and NM_114393.3 have been named AtSnAK1 and AtSnAK2 (Arabidopsis thaliana SnRK1-activating kinase), respectively. We believe this is the first time that upstream activators of SnRK1 have been described in any plant species. ..
- Breuer C, Stacey N, West C, Zhao Y, Chory J, Tsukaya H, et al. BIN4, a novel component of the plant DNA topoisomerase VI complex, is required for endoreduplication in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3655-68 pubmed
- Cloix C, Kaiserli E, Heilmann M, Baxter K, Brown B, O Hara A, et al. C-terminal region of the UV-B photoreceptor UVR8 initiates signaling through interaction with the COP1 protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:16366-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that C27 interacts in yeast with the REPRESSOR OF UV-B PHOTOMORPHOGENESIS proteins, RUP1 and RUP2, which are negative regulators of UVR8 function. Hence the C27 region has a key role in UVR8 function. ..
- Fuerst R, Soni R, Murray J, Lindsey K. Modulation of cyclin transcript levels in cultured cells of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol. 1996;112:1023-33 pubmed..The kinetics of accumulation of CYC transcript levels support their classification as A-type (CYC3) and B-type (CYC1 and CYC2) cyclins, respectively. ..
- Gould P, Locke J, Larue C, Southern M, Davis S, Hanano S, et al. The molecular basis of temperature compensation in the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1177-87 pubmed
- Kaiserli E, Sullivan S, Jones M, Feeney K, Christie J. Domain swapping to assess the mechanistic basis of Arabidopsis phototropin 1 receptor kinase activation and endocytosis by blue light. Plant Cell. 2009;21:3226-44 pubmed publisher..The mechanistic implications of these findings in regard to light-driven receptor activation and trafficking are discussed. ..
- Yelina N, Smith L, Jones A, Patel K, Kelly K, Baulcombe D. Putative Arabidopsis THO/TREX mRNA export complex is involved in transgene and endogenous siRNA biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13948-53 pubmed publisher..To reconcile the effect of these mutations on transgene and endogenous gene siRNA, we propose a mechanism in which THO/TREX processes or transports a long RNA molecule so that it can be a template for secondary siRNA production. ..
- Mant A, Woolhead C, Moore M, Henry R, Robinson C. Insertion of PsaK into the thylakoid membrane in a "Horseshoe" conformation occurs in the absence of signal recognition particle, nucleoside triphosphates, or functional albino3. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36200-6 pubmed..The data raise the possibility of a wholly spontaneous insertion pathway. ..
- Yamaoka S, Leaver C. EMB2473/MIRO1, an Arabidopsis Miro GTPase, is required for embryogenesis and influences mitochondrial morphology in pollen. Plant Cell. 2008;20:589-601 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that mitochondrial morphology is influenced by MIRO1 and plays a vital role during embryogenesis and pollen tube growth. ..
- Bassel G, Lan H, Glaab E, Gibbs D, Gerjets T, Krasnogor N, et al. Genome-wide network model capturing seed germination reveals coordinated regulation of plant cellular phase transitions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:9709-14 pubmed publisher..SeedNet is available as a community resource (http://vseed.nottingham.ac.uk) to aid dissection of this complex trait and gene function in diverse processes. ..
- Piñeiro M, Gómez Mena C, Schaffer R, Martínez Zapater J, Coupland G. EARLY BOLTING IN SHORT DAYS is related to chromatin remodeling factors and regulates flowering in Arabidopsis by repressing FT. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1552-62 pubmed
- Priest D, Jackson R, Ashford D, Abrams S, Bowles D. The use of abscisic acid analogues to analyse the substrate selectivity of UGT71B6, a UDP-glycosyltransferase of Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:4454-8 pubmed..This suggests the compounds may be resistant to both pathways of ABA inactivation and may, therefore, prove to be useful agrochemicals for field applications. ..
- Hughes R, Belfield E, Ashton R, Fairhurst S, Gobel C, Stumpe M, et al. Allene oxide synthase from Arabidopsis thaliana (CYP74A1) exhibits dual specificity that is regulated by monomer-micelle association. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4188-94 pubmed..CYP74A1 may be suited for structural resolution of the first plant cytochrome P450 and its 9-AOS activity and behaviour in vitro has implications for its role in planta. ..
- Sohn K, Lei R, Nemri A, Jones J. The downy mildew effector proteins ATR1 and ATR13 promote disease susceptibility in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2007;19:4077-90 pubmed publisher..parasitica isolate Emco5, ATR13Emco5 when delivered by Pst DC3000 triggered localized immunity, including HR, on Ws-0. We suggest that an additional H. parasitica Emco5 effector might suppress ATR13-triggered immunity. ..
- Kuwabara A, Backhaus A, Malinowski R, Bauch M, Hunt L, Nagata T, et al. A shift toward smaller cell size via manipulation of cell cycle gene expression acts to smoothen Arabidopsis leaf shape. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:2196-206 pubmed publisher..e. appeared to be the primary cellular driver influencing form. These data are discussed in the context of the relationship of cell division, growth, and leaf size and shape. ..
- Fuchs R, Kopischke M, Klapprodt C, Hause G, Meyer A, SchwarzlÃ¤nder M, et al. Immobilized Subpopulations of Leaf Epidermal Mitochondria Mediate PENETRATION2-Dependent Pathogen Entry Control in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2016;28:130-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, live-cell imaging shows that mitochondria arrested at these domains exhibit a pathogen-induced redox imbalance, which may lead to the production of intracellular signals. ..
- Mizoguchi T, Wheatley K, Hanzawa Y, Wright L, Mizoguchi M, Song H, et al. LHY and CCA1 are partially redundant genes required to maintain circadian rhythms in Arabidopsis. Dev Cell. 2002;2:629-41 pubmed..We conclude that LHY and CCA1 appear to be negative regulatory elements required for central oscillator function. ..
- Shindo C, Aranzana M, Lister C, Baxter C, Nicholls C, Nordborg M, et al. Role of FRIGIDA and FLOWERING LOCUS C in determining variation in flowering time of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:1163-73 pubmed..These data reveal how useful these Arabidopsis accessions will be in dissecting the complex molecular variation that has led to the adaptive phenotypic variation in flowering time. ..
- Bennett T, Sieberer T, Willett B, Booker J, Luschnig C, Leyser O. The Arabidopsis MAX pathway controls shoot branching by regulating auxin transport. Curr Biol. 2006;16:553-63 pubmed..We therefore propose an additional mechanism for long-range signaling by auxin in which bud growth is regulated by competition between auxin sources for auxin transport capacity in the primary stem. ..
- McWatters H, Kolmos E, Hall A, Doyle M, Amasino R, Gyula P, et al. ELF4 is required for oscillatory properties of the circadian clock. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:391-401 pubmed..ELF4, therefore, can be considered a component of the central CCA1/LHY-TOC1 feedback loop in the plant circadian clock. ..
- Manzano D, Marquardt S, Jones A, Bäurle I, Liu F, Dean C. Altered interactions within FY/AtCPSF complexes required for Arabidopsis FCA-mediated chromatin silencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8772-7 pubmed publisher..These altered interactions would appear to be a necessary step in this RNA-mediated chromatin silencing. ..
- Baldwin A, Wardle A, Patel R, Dudley P, Park S, Twell D, et al. A molecular-genetic study of the Arabidopsis Toc75 gene family. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:715-33 pubmed..These results suggest some role for atToc75-IV during growth in the dark. ..
- Deeks M, Kaloriti D, Davies B, Malhó R, Hussey P. Arabidopsis NAP1 is essential for Arp2/3-dependent trichome morphogenesis. Curr Biol. 2004;14:1410-4 pubmed..Here, we show that genetic observations in Arabidopsis are compatible with an activation model and provide one potential mechanism for the regulation of the newly identified Arabidopsis Arp2/3 complex. ..
- Foresti O, daSilva L, Denecke J. Overexpression of the Arabidopsis syntaxin PEP12/SYP21 inhibits transport from the prevacuolar compartment to the lytic vacuole in vivo. Plant Cell. 2006;18:2275-93 pubmed..The results provide a functional in vivo assay that confirms PEP12/SYP21 involvement in vacuolar sorting and indicates that excess of this syntaxin in the PVC can be detrimental for further transport from this organelle. ..
- Christie J, Yang H, Richter G, Sullivan S, Thomson C, Lin J, et al. phot1 inhibition of ABCB19 primes lateral auxin fluxes in the shoot apex required for phototropism. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001076 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide new insights into the roles of ABCB19 and PIN3 in establishing phototropic curvatures and demonstrate that the proximity of light perception and differential phototropic growth is conserved in angiosperms...
- Lombi E, Tearall K, Howarth J, Zhao F, Hawkesford M, McGrath S. Influence of iron status on cadmium and zinc uptake by different ecotypes of the hyperaccumulator Thlaspi caerulescens. Plant Physiol. 2002;128:1359-67 pubmed..The present results indicate that the stimulatory effect of Fe deficiency on Cd uptake in Ganges may be related to an up-regulation in the expression of genes encoding for Fe(2+) uptake, possibly TcIRT1-G...