Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in South Korea
Locale: South Korea
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
- Lee H, Kim N, Lee D, Kim J. LBD18/ASL20 regulates lateral root formation in combination with LBD16/ASL18 downstream of ARF7 and ARF19 in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:1377-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that LBD18 functions in the initiation and emergence of lateral roots, in conjunction with LBD16, downstream of ARF7 and ARF19. ..
- Huang P, Ju H, Min J, Zhang X, Chung J, Cheong H, et al. Molecular and physiological characterization of the Arabidopsis thaliana Oxidation-related Zinc Finger 2, a plasma membrane protein involved in ABA and salt stress response through the ABI2-mediated signaling pathway. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:193-203 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings provide compelling evidence that AtOZF2 is an important regulator for plant tolerance to abiotic stress. ..
- Huang P, Chung M, Ju H, Na H, Lee D, Cheong H, et al. Physiological characterization of the Arabidopsis thaliana oxidation-related zinc finger 1, a plasma membrane protein involved in oxidative stress. J Plant Res. 2011;124:699-705 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations demonstrate that AtOZF1 is required for the tolerance of Arabidopsis to oxidative stress. ..
- Oh S, Lee S, Chung I, Lee C, Nam H. A senescence-associated gene of Arabidopsis thaliana is distinctively regulated during natural and artificially induced leaf senescence. Plant Mol Biol. 1996;30:739-54 pubmed..The induced expression of the gene by dark treatment was not significantly repressed by treatment with 0.1 mM cytokinin or 50 mM CaCl2 which delayed loss of chlorophyll but not that of photochemical efficiency. ..
- Abbasi N, Kim H, Park N, Kim H, Kim Y, Park Y, et al. APUM23, a nucleolar Puf domain protein, is involved in pre-ribosomal RNA processing and normal growth patterning in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2010;64:960-76 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that APUM23 plays an important role in plant development via rRNA processing. ..
- Lee S, Jung S, Go Y, Kim H, Kim J, Cho H, et al. Two Arabidopsis 3-ketoacyl CoA synthase genes, KCS20 and KCS2/DAISY, are functionally redundant in cuticular wax and root suberin biosynthesis, but differentially controlled by osmotic stress. Plant J. 2009;60:462-75 pubmed publisher..However, their expression is differentially controlled under osmotic stress conditions. ..
- Hwang I, Kim S, Kim C, Park Y, Tripathi G, Kim S, et al. Over-expression of the IGI1 leading to altered shoot-branching development related to MAX pathway in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2010;73:629-41 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that the overexpression of the IGI1 influenced MAX pathway in the shoot branching regulation. ..
- Seo P, Kim M, Song J, Kim Y, Kim H, Park C. Proteolytic processing of an Arabidopsis membrane-bound NAC transcription factor is triggered by cold-induced changes in membrane fluidity. Biochem J. 2010;427:359-67 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, a metalloprotease inhibitor blocked the NTL6 processing. These observations indicate that a metalloprotease activity is responsible for NTL6 processing in response to cold-induced changes in membrane fluidity. ..
- Joo S, Chung H, Raetz C, Garrett T. Activity and crystal structure of Arabidopsis thaliana UDP-N-acetylglucosamine acyltransferase. Biochemistry. 2012;51:4322-30 pubmed publisher..This work shows that AtLpxA is a functional UDP-GlcNAc acyltransferase that is able to catalyze the same reaction as EcLpxA and supports the hypothesis that lipid A molecules are biosynthesized in Arabidopsis and other plants. ..
- Go Y, Lee S, Kim H, Kim J, Park H, Kim J, et al. Identification of marneral synthase, which is critical for growth and development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2012;72:791-804 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this report provides evidence that the unusual triterpenoid pathway via marneral synthase is important for the growth and development of Arabidopsis. ..
- Park M, Kang J, Kim S. Overexpression of AtMYB52 confers ABA hypersensitivity and drought tolerance. Mol Cells. 2011;31:447-54 pubmed publisher..Others previously demonstrated that AtMYB52 regulates cell wall biosynthesis; thus, our results imply a possible connection between ABA response and cell wall biosynthesis. ..
- Kang N, Lee H, Kim J. The AP2/EREBP gene PUCHI Co-Acts with LBD16/ASL18 and LBD18/ASL20 downstream of ARF7 and ARF19 to regulate lateral root development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1326-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PUCHI co-acts with LBD16 and LBD18 to control lateral root primordium development and lateral root emergence. ..
- Kim Y, Woo J, Song P, Soh M. HFR1, a phytochrome A-signalling component, acts in a separate pathway from HY5, downstream of COP1 in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2002;30:711-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that HFR1 might act downstream of COP1, in a separate pathway from HY5, to mediate photomorphogenesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Song S. Misexpression of AtTX12 encoding a Toll/interleukin-1 receptor domain induces growth defects and expression of defense-related genes partially independently of EDS1 in Arabidopsis. BMB Rep. 2016;49:693-698 pubmed..BMB Reports 2016; 49(12): 693-698]. ..
- Kim Y, Kim J, Kang H. Cold-inducible zinc finger-containing glycine-rich RNA-binding protein contributes to the enhancement of freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2005;42:890-900 pubmed..These results provide evidence that atRZ-1a affects seed germination and seedling growth under low temperature and plays a role in the enhancement of freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis plants. ..
- Kim S, Choi H, Ryu H, Park J, Kim M, Kim S. ARIA, an Arabidopsis arm repeat protein interacting with a transcriptional regulator of abscisic acid-responsive gene expression, is a novel abscisic acid signaling component. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:3639-48 pubmed..Together, our data indicate that ARIA is a positive regulator of ABA response. ..
- Im Y, Kim J, Shen Y, Na Y, Han Y, Kim S, et al. Structural analysis of Arabidopsis thaliana nucleoside diphosphate kinase-2 for phytochrome-mediated light signaling. J Mol Biol. 2004;343:659-70 pubmed
- Huang P, Ju H, Min J, Zhang X, Kim S, Yang K, et al. Overexpression of L-type lectin-like protein kinase 1 confers pathogen resistance and regulates salinity response in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Sci. 2013;203-204:98-106 pubmed publisher..The data implicates AtLPK1 plays essential roles at both abiotic and biotic stress response in Arabidopsis thaliana. ..
- Kwak K, Kang H, Han K, Ahn S. Molecular cloning, characterization, and stress-responsive expression of genes encoding glycine-rich RNA-binding proteins in Camelina sativa L. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2013;68:44-51 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that the stress-responsive CsGRP2s play a role as an RNA chaperone during the stress adaptation process in camelina. ..
- Kim H, Kim S, Abbasi N, Bressan R, Yun D, Yoo S, et al. The DOF transcription factor Dof5.1 influences leaf axial patterning by promoting Revoluta transcription in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2010;64:524-35 pubmed publisher..1-D to a rev mutant reverted the upward-curling phenotype of the Dof5.1-D mutant leaf to the wild-type. These results suggest that the Dof5.1 protein directly binds to the REV promoter and thereby regulates adaxial-abaxial polarity. ..
- Kim W, Kim J, Jung H, Oh S, Han Y, Kang H. Comparative analysis of Arabidopsis zinc finger-containing glycine-rich RNA-binding proteins during cold adaptation. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2010;48:866-72 pubmed publisher..coli. ..
- Park H, Kim W, Yun D. A role for GIGANTEA: keeping the balance between flowering and salinity stress tolerance. Plant Signal Behav. 2013;8:e24820 pubmed publisher..The model shows GI as a transitory regulator of SOS pathway activity whose presence or amount connects flowering to environmental conditions. ..
- Kim W, Jung H, Kwak K, Kim M, Oh S, Han Y, et al. The Arabidopsis U12-type spliceosomal protein U11/U12-31K is involved in U12 intron splicing via RNA chaperone activity and affects plant development. Plant Cell. 2010;22:3951-62 pubmed publisher..Importantly, U11/U12-31K was determined to harbor RNA chaperone activity. We propose that U11/U12-31K is an RNA chaperone that is indispensible for proper U12 intron splicing and for normal growth and development of plants...
- Lee S, Cho D, Kang J, Kim S. An ARIA-interacting AP2 domain protein is a novel component of ABA signaling. Mol Cells. 2009;27:409-16 pubmed publisher..The role of ADAP is similar to that of ARIA, which is also a positive regulator of the ABA response. It appears that ADAP acts through the same ABA response pathway as ARIA. ..
- Lee S, Lee E, Yang E, Lee J, Park A, Song W, et al. Proteomic identification of annexins, calcium-dependent membrane binding proteins that mediate osmotic stress and abscisic acid signal transduction in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2004;16:1378-91 pubmed..The results collectively suggest that AnnAt1 and AnnAt4 play important roles in osmotic stress and ABA signaling in a Ca2+-dependent manner. ..
- Kim S, Kang J, Cho D, Park J, Kim S. ABF2, an ABRE-binding bZIP factor, is an essential component of glucose signaling and its overexpression affects multiple stress tolerance. Plant J. 2004;40:75-87 pubmed..We also show that ABF2 overexpression affects multiple stress tolerance. ..
- Kwak K, Kim Y, Kang H. Characterization of transgenic Arabidopsis plants overexpressing GR-RBP4 under high salinity, dehydration, or cold stress. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:3007-16 pubmed..These results indicate that GR-RBP4 contributes differently to altered germination and seedling growth of Arabidopsis plants under various stress conditions. ..
- Jang J, Rhee J, Kim D, Chung G, Lee J, Kang H. Ectopic expression of a foreign aquaporin disrupts the natural expression patterns of endogenous aquaporin genes and alters plant responses to different stress conditions. Plant Cell Physiol. 2007;48:1331-9 pubmed publisher..This implies that the up- and/or down-regulation of aquaporins and their integrated functions are crucial to the maintenance of proper water balance under stress conditions...
- Lee D, Kim S, Ha Y, Kim J. Phosphorylation of Arabidopsis response regulator 7 (ARR7) at the putative phospho-accepting site is required for ARR7 to act as a negative regulator of cytokinin signaling. Planta. 2008;227:577-87 pubmed..These results suggest that the phosphorylation of ARR7 is necessary for ARR7-mediated cytokinin response. ..
- Park J, Kim J, Cho K, Cheon C, Sung M, Choung M, et al. Arabidopsis R2R3-MYB transcription factor AtMYB60 functions as a transcriptional repressor of anthocyanin biosynthesis in lettuce (Lactuca sativa). Plant Cell Rep. 2008;27:985-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the characterization of AtMYB60 has implications for the development of new varieties of lettuce and other commercially important plants with metabolic engineering approaches. ..
- Ko C, Woo Y, Lee D, Lee M, Kim C. Enhanced tolerance to heat stress in transgenic plants expressing the GASA4 gene. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2007;45:722-8 pubmed..Interestingly, endoplasmic reticulum chaperone expression analysis suggests that GASA4 influences BiP gene expression during heat stress. ..
- Kim Y, Kang H. The role of a zinc finger-containing glycine-rich RNA-binding protein during the cold adaptation process in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:793-8 pubmed..atRZ-1a successfully complements the cold sensitivity of Escherichia coli lacking four cold shock proteins. These results strongly suggest that atRZ-1a plays a role as an RNA chaperone during the cold adaptation process. ..
- Park M, Chung M, Koh H, Lee D, Ahn S, Kim C. Isolation and functional characterization of the Arabidopsis salt-tolerance 32 (AtSAT32) gene associated with salt tolerance and ABA signaling. Physiol Plant. 2009;135:426-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results indicate that AtSAT32 is involved in both salinity tolerance and ABA signaling as a positive regulator in Arabidopsis. ..
- Ju H, Min J, Chung M, Kim C. The atrzf1 mutation of the novel RING-type E3 ubiquitin ligase increases proline contents and enhances drought tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Sci. 2013;203-204:1-7 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that the E3 ligase AtRZF1 is an important regulator of water deficit stress during early seedling development. ..
- Lee H, Bahn S, Kang Y, Lee K, Kim H, Noh E, et al. Secretory low molecular weight phospholipase A2 plays important roles in cell elongation and shoot gravitropism in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1990-2002 pubmed..These results suggest that AtsPLA(2)beta regulates the process of cell elongation and plays important roles in shoot gravitropism by mediating auxin-induced cell elongation. ..
- Lee H, Kim J. EXPANSINA17 up-regulated by LBD18/ASL20 promotes lateral root formation during the auxin response. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:1600-11 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results support the notion that LBD18 up-regulates a subset of EXP genes to enhance cell separation to promote LR emergence in Arabidopsis. ..
- Nguyen N, Jeong C, Kang G, Yoo S, Hong S, Lee H. MYBD employed by HY5 increases anthocyanin accumulation via repression of MYBL2 in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2015;84:1192-205 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that, although MYBD and MYBH are homologs, they act in opposite ways during plant photomorphogenesis, and these functions should be examined in further studies. ..
- Kim H, Lee K, Jung S, Shin H, Go Y, Suh M, et al. Senescence-inducible LEC2 enhances triacylglycerol accumulation in leaves without negatively affecting plant growth. Plant Biotechnol J. 2015;13:1346-59 pubmed publisher..Senescence-inducible LEC2 triggers the key metabolic steps that increase TAG accumulation in vegetative tissues. ..
- Zhu J, Li Y, Cao D, Yang H, Oh E, Bi Y, et al. The F-box Protein KIB1 Mediates Brassinosteroid-Induced Inactivation and Degradation of GSK3-like Kinases in Arabidopsis. Mol Cell. 2017;66:648-657.e4 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that KIB1 plays an essential role in BR signaling by inhibiting BIN2 through dual mechanisms of blocking substrate access and promoting degradation. ..
- Lee H, Kim J, Yoo S, Kang E, Han S, Yang K, et al. Different roles of glycine-rich RNA-binding protein7 in plant defense against Pectobacterium carotovorum, Botrytis cinerea, and tobacco mosaic viruses. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2012;60:46-52 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that AtGRP7 is a potent regulator in plant defense response to diverse pathogens, and suggest that the regulation of RNA metabolism by RNA-binding proteins is important for plant innate immunity. ..
- Lim G, Zhang X, Chung M, Lee D, Woo Y, Cheong H, et al. A putative novel transcription factor, AtSKIP, is involved in abscisic acid signalling and confers salt and osmotic tolerance in Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2010;185:103-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that AtSKIP functions as both a positive regulator and putative potential transcription factor in the abiotic stress signalling pathway. ..
- Ku S, Park J, Ha S, Kim J. Overexpression of IAA1 with domain II mutation impairs cell elongation and cell division in inflorescences and leaves of Arabidopsis. J Plant Physiol. 2009;166:548-53 pubmed publisher..In addition, the formation of both phloem and xylem in leaves and stems was also impaired in a DEX-dependent manner, indicating a potential involvement of IAA1 in vascular development. ..
- Yang K, Kim Y, Lee S, Song P, Soh M. Overexpression of a mutant basic helix-loop-helix protein HFR1, HFR1-deltaN105, activates a branch pathway of light signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1630-42 pubmed
- Kim J, Jung J, Lee S, Go Y, Kim H, Cahoon R, et al. Arabidopsis 3-ketoacyl-coenzyme a synthase9 is involved in the synthesis of tetracosanoic acids as precursors of cuticular waxes, suberins, sphingolipids, and phospholipids. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:567-80 pubmed publisher..Finally, possible roles of unidentified KCSs are discussed by combining genetic study results and gene expression data from multiple Arabidopsis KCSs. ..
- Kim W, Ali Z, Park H, Park S, Cha J, Pérez Hormaeche J, et al. Release of SOS2 kinase from sequestration with GIGANTEA determines salt tolerance in Arabidopsis. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1352 pubmed publisher..The GI-SOS2 interaction introduces a higher order regulatory circuit that can explain in molecular terms, the long observed connection between floral transition and adaptive environmental stress tolerance in Arabidopsis. ..
- Kim H, Lee S, Kim H, Min M, Hwang I, Suh M. Characterization of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored lipid transfer protein 2 (LTPG2) and overlapping function between LTPG/LTPG1 and LTPG2 in cuticular wax export or accumulation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:1391-403 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that LTPG2 is functionally overlapped with LTPG/LTPG1 during cuticular wax export or accumulation and LTPG/LTPG1 and LTPG2 are targeted to the plasma membrane via the vesicular trafficking system...
- Jeon J, Kim J. FVE, an Arabidopsis homologue of the retinoblastoma-associated protein that regulates flowering time and cold response, binds to chromatin as a large multiprotein complex. Mol Cells. 2011;32:227-34 pubmed publisher..0 MDa. These results demonstrate that FVE may exist as a multiprotein complex, similar to the mammalian HDAC complex harboring RbAp, to regulate flowering time and cold response by associating with the FLC and COR chromatin. ..
- Lee S, Park J, Lee M, Yu J, Kim S. Isolation and functional characterization of CE1 binding proteins. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:277 pubmed publisher..Together with previous results reported by others, our current data raise an interesting possibility that the coupling element CE1 may function not only as an ABRE but also as an element mediating biotic and abiotic stress responses. ..
- Lee D, Park J, Lee H, Kim J. Genome-wide analysis of the auxin-responsive transcriptome downstream of iaa1 and its expression analysis reveal the diversity and complexity of auxin-regulated gene expression. J Exp Bot. 2009;60:3935-57 pubmed publisher..These data also provide the opportunity for functional analysis of genes mediating the auxin-response downstream of Aux/IAA-ARFs. ..
- Lee S, Go Y, Bae H, Park J, Cho S, Cho H, et al. Disruption of glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored lipid transfer protein gene altered cuticular lipid composition, increased plastoglobules, and enhanced susceptibility to infection by the fungal pathogen Alternaria brassicicola. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:42-54 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicated that LTPG1 contributed either directly or indirectly to cuticular lipid accumulation. ..
- Yang E, Oh Y, Lee E, Park A, Cho S, Yoo Y, et al. Oxygen-evolving enhancer protein 2 is phosphorylated by glycine-rich protein 3/wall-associated kinase 1 in Arabidopsis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;305:862-8 pubmed..The phosphorylation of OEE2 is also induced in Arabidopsis by treatment with avirulent Pseudomonas syringae. Taken together, these results suggest that OEE2 activity is regulated by AtGRP-3/WAK1. ..
- Hong S, Jon J, Kwak J, Nam H. Identification of a receptor-like protein kinase gene rapidly induced by abscisic acid, dehydration, high salt, and cold treatments in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Physiol. 1997;113:1203-12 pubmed..A possible role of this gene in the signal transduction pathway of ABA and the environmental stresses is discussed. ..