Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in Japan
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Toh S, Imamura A, Watanabe A, Nakabayashi K, Okamoto M, Jikumaru Y, et al. High temperature-induced abscisic acid biosynthesis and its role in the inhibition of gibberellin action in Arabidopsis seeds. Plant Physiol. 2008;146:1368-85 pubmed..We conclude that high temperature stimulates ABA synthesis and represses GA synthesis and signaling through the action of ABA in Arabidopsis seeds. ..
- Qin F, Sakuma Y, Tran L, Maruyama K, Kidokoro S, Fujita Y, et al. Arabidopsis DREB2A-interacting proteins function as RING E3 ligases and negatively regulate plant drought stress-responsive gene expression. Plant Cell. 2008;20:1693-707 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that DRIP1 and DRIP2 act as novel negative regulators in drought-responsive gene expression by targeting DREB2A to 26S proteasome proteolysis. ..
- Nakashima K, Fujita Y, Kanamori N, Katagiri T, Umezawa T, Kidokoro S, et al. Three Arabidopsis SnRK2 protein kinases, SRK2D/SnRK2.2, SRK2E/SnRK2.6/OST1 and SRK2I/SnRK2.3, involved in ABA signaling are essential for the control of seed development and dormancy. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:1345-63 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that SRK2D, SRK2E and SRK2I protein kinases involved in ABA signaling are essential for the control of seed development and dormancy through the extensive control of gene expression. ..
- Higuchi Y, Sage Ono K, Sasaki R, Ohtsuki N, Hoshino A, Iida S, et al. Constitutive expression of the GIGANTEA ortholog affects circadian rhythms and suppresses one-shot induction of flowering in Pharbitis nil, a typical short-day plant. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:638-50 pubmed publisher..In PnGI-OX plants, expression of PnFT1 was down-regulated, suggesting that PnGI functions as a suppressor of flowering, possibly in part through down-regulation of PnFT1...
- Ohno M, Uraji M, Shimoishi Y, Mori I, Nakamura Y, Murata Y. Mechanisms of the selenium tolerance of the Arabidopsis thaliana knockout mutant of sulfate transporter SULTR1;2. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2012;76:993-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the sultr1;2 mutation confers Se tolerance on Arabidopsis by decreasing symplastic Se and maintaining antioxidant enzyme activities. ..
- Miyashima S, Honda M, Hashimoto K, Tatematsu K, Hashimoto T, Sato Nara K, et al. A comprehensive expression analysis of the Arabidopsis MICRORNA165/6 gene family during embryogenesis reveals a conserved role in meristem specification and a non-cell-autonomous function. Plant Cell Physiol. 2013;54:375-84 pubmed publisher
- Nakata M, Mitsuda N, Herde M, Koo A, Moreno J, Suzuki K, et al. A bHLH-type transcription factor, ABA-INDUCIBLE BHLH-TYPE TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR/JA-ASSOCIATED MYC2-LIKE1, acts as a repressor to negatively regulate jasmonate signaling in arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1641-56 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that JAM1 negatively regulates JA signaling, thereby playing a pivotal role in fine-tuning of JA-mediated stress responses and plant growth. ..
- Takeo K, Ito T. Subcellular localization of VIP1 is regulated by phosphorylation and 14-3-3 proteins. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1972-1981 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that dephosphorylation of VIP1 resulting from mechanical or hypo-osmotic stress induces nuclear localization via 14-3-3 dissociation. ..
- Taoka K, Ohki I, Tsuji H, Furuita K, Hayashi K, Yanase T, et al. 14-3-3 proteins act as intracellular receptors for rice Hd3a florigen. Nature. 2011;476:332-5 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that 14-3-3 proteins act as intracellular receptors for florigen in shoot apical cells, and offer new approaches to manipulate flowering in various crops and trees...
- Thussagunpanit J, Jutamanee K, Homvisasevongsa S, Suksamrarn A, Yamagami A, Nakano T, et al. Characterization of synthetic ecdysteroid analogues as functional mimics of brassinosteroids in plant growth. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;172:1-8 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we hypothesize that both DHECD and ?-DHECD have functional activities similar to those of BR. ..
- Fujita M, Fujita Y, Maruyama K, Seki M, Hiratsu K, Ohme Takagi M, et al. A dehydration-induced NAC protein, RD26, is involved in a novel ABA-dependent stress-signaling pathway. Plant J. 2004;39:863-76 pubmed..Furthermore, RD26 activated a promoter of its target gene in Arabidopsis protoplasts. These results indicate that RD26 functions as a transcriptional activator in ABA-inducible gene expression under abiotic stress in plants. ..
- Tajima H, Koizumi N. Induction of BiP by sugar independent of a cis-element for the unfolded protein response in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;346:926-30 pubmed..thaliana harboring luciferase (LUC) gene regulated by P-UPRE was analyzed. Sugar depletion also increased LUC activity. It is concluded that BiP is induced by sugar independent of the cis-element responsible for the UPR. ..
- Tamura K, Adachi Y, Chiba K, Oguchi K, Takahashi H. Identification of Ku70 and Ku80 homologues in Arabidopsis thaliana: evidence for a role in the repair of DNA double-strand breaks. Plant J. 2002;29:771-81 pubmed..These results suggest that the evolutionarily conserved Ku70-Ku80 heterodimer functions in DSB repair by the NHEJ pathway in A. thaliana. ..
- Katsumata T, Hasegawa A, Fujiwara T, Komatsu T, Notomi M, Abe H, et al. Arabidopsis CYP85A2 catalyzes lactonization reactions in the biosynthesis of 2-deoxy-7-oxalactone brassinosteroids. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2008;72:2110-7 pubmed
- Takahashi I, Kojima S, Sakaguchi N, Umeda Hara C, Umeda M. Two Arabidopsis cyclin A3s possess G1 cyclin-like features. Plant Cell Rep. 2010;29:307-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Arabidopsis CYCA3;1 and CYCA3;2 are distinct members of the G1 cyclin family that play an important role in meristematic tissues. ..
- Shibata N, Kagiyama M, Nakagawa M, Hirano Y, Hakoshima T. Crystallization of the plant hormone receptors PYL9/RCAR1, PYL5/RCAR8 and PYR1/RCAR11 in the presence of (+)-abscisic acid. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2010;66:456-9 pubmed publisher..The three proteins crystallize in space groups P3(1)21/P3(2)21, P2 and P1, respectively. X-ray intensity data were collected to 1.9-2.6 A resolution. ..
- Mitsui H, Hasezawa S, Nagata T, Takahashi H. Cell cycle-dependent accumulation of a kinesin-like protein, KatB/C in synchronized tobacco BY-2 cells. Plant Mol Biol. 1996;30:177-81 pubmed..Microtubule-based structures present in cells at M phase, such as the spindle and phragmoplast, may be the site of action of the KatB/C protein. ..
- Matsushika A, Makino S, Kojima M, Mizuno T. Circadian waves of expression of the APRR1/TOC1 family of pseudo-response regulators in Arabidopsis thaliana: insight into the plant circadian clock. Plant Cell Physiol. 2000;41:1002-12 pubmed..Here we propose that the circadian waves of the APRR1/TOC1 family members are most likely a molecular basis of such a biological clock in higher plants. ..
- Iwata T, Nozaki D, Yamamoto A, Koyama T, Nishina Y, Shiga K, et al. Hydrogen Bonding Environment of the N3-H Group of Flavin Mononucleotide in the Light Oxygen Voltage Domains of Phototropins. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3099-3108 pubmed publisher..The environment around the N3-H group was also investigated. ..
- Tran L, Nakashima K, Sakuma Y, Simpson S, Fujita Y, Maruyama K, et al. Isolation and functional analysis of Arabidopsis stress-inducible NAC transcription factors that bind to a drought-responsive cis-element in the early responsive to dehydration stress 1 promoter. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2481-98 pubmed..However, erd1 was not upregulated in the transgenic plants. Other interacting factors may be necessary for the induction of erd1 in Arabidopsis under stress conditions. ..
- Nobusawa T, Umeda M. Very-long-chain fatty acids have an essential role in plastid division by controlling Z-ring formation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genes Cells. 2012;17:709-19 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that VLCFAs or VLCFA-containing lipids have an essential role in plastid division by controlling Z-ring formation, showing a novel function of plant VLCFAs. ..
- Nagano M, Takahara K, Fujimoto M, Tsutsumi N, Uchimiya H, Kawai Yamada M. Arabidopsis sphingolipid fatty acid 2-hydroxylases (AtFAH1 and AtFAH2) are functionally differentiated in fatty acid 2-hydroxylation and stress responses. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:1138-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that AtFAH1 and AtFAH2 are functionally different FAHs, and that AtFAH1 or 2-hydroxy VLCFA is a key factor in AtBI-1-mediated cell death suppression. ..
- Fuji K, Shirakawa M, Shimono Y, Kunieda T, Fukao Y, Koumoto Y, et al. The Adaptor Complex AP-4 Regulates Vacuolar Protein Sorting at the trans-Golgi Network by Interacting with VACUOLAR SORTING RECEPTOR1. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:211-9 pubmed publisher..This study provides a novel function for the AP-4 complex in VSR1-mediated vacuolar protein sorting at the specialized domain of the TGN. ..
- Fujiwara S, Oda A, Yoshida R, Niinuma K, Miyata K, Tomozoe Y, et al. Circadian clock proteins LHY and CCA1 regulate SVP protein accumulation to control flowering in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008;20:2960-71 pubmed publisher..SVP protein accumulated in lhy;cca1 plants under LL. We propose a model in which LHY and CCA1 accelerate flowering in part by reducing the abundance of SVP and thereby antagonizing its capacity to repress FT expression under LL. ..
- Mizutani M, Ohta D. Two isoforms of NADPH:cytochrome P450 reductase in Arabidopsis thaliana. Gene structure, heterologous expression in insect cells, and differential regulation. Plant Physiol. 1998;116:357-67 pubmed..These results suggest the possibility that AR2 transcription may be functionally linked to the induced levels of phenylpropanoid pathway enzymes. ..
- Yoshida K, Hisabori T. Adenine nucleotide-dependent and redox-independent control of mitochondrial malate dehydrogenase activity in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2016;1857:810-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that mMDH activity is finely controlled in response to variations in mitochondrial adenine nucleotide balance. ..
- Magome H, Yamaguchi S, Hanada A, Kamiya Y, Oda K. dwarf and delayed-flowering 1, a novel Arabidopsis mutant deficient in gibberellin biosynthesis because of overexpression of a putative AP2 transcription factor. Plant J. 2004;37:720-9 pubmed..These results suggest that DDF1 is involved in the regulation of GA biosynthesis and stress tolerance. The possible relation between the contents of endogenous GAs and acquisition of stress protection is discussed. ..
- Yamashino T, Nomoto Y, Lorrain S, Miyachi M, Ito S, Nakamichi N, et al. Verification at the protein level of the PIF4-mediated external coincidence model for the temperature-adaptive photoperiodic control of plant growth in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Signal Behav. 2013;8:e23390 pubmed publisher..Here we present such crucial evidence on PIF4 protein level to further support the external coincidence model underlying the temperature-adaptive photoperiodic control of plant growth in A. thaliana. ..
- Kwon Y, Lee D, Rakwal R, Baek S, Lee J, Kwak Y, et al. Proteomic analyses of the interaction between the plant-growth promoting rhizobacterium Paenibacillus polymyxa E681 and Arabidopsis thaliana. Proteomics. 2016;16:122-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together these results suggest that P. polymyxa E681 may promote plant growth by induced metabolism and activation of defense-related proteins against fungal pathogen. ..
- Ueda H, Yokota E, Kuwata K, Kutsuna N, Mano S, Shimada T, et al. Phosphorylation of the C Terminus of RHD3 Has a Critical Role in Homotypic ER Membrane Fusion in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:867-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that phosphorylation-stimulated oligomerization of RHD3 enhances ER membrane fusion to form the ER network. ..
- Yabe N, Takahashi T, Komeda Y. Analysis of tissue-specific expression of Arabidopsis thaliana HSP90-family gene HSP81. Plant Cell Physiol. 1994;35:1207-19 pubmed..Only a slight response to IAA was observed in HSP81-1 mRNA accumulation at 22 degrees C; the increase was possibly caused by a novel pathway other than heat-shock-response pathway. ..
- Shiota H, Satoh R, Watabe K, Harada H, Kamada H. C-ABI3, the carrot homologue of the Arabidopsis ABI3, is expressed during both zygotic and somatic embryogenesis and functions in the regulation of embryo-specific ABA-inducible genes. Plant Cell Physiol. 1998;39:1184-93 pubmed..This suggests that C-ABI3 has the same function as VP1/ABI3 factor in carrot somatic embryos. ..
- Jiang C, Shoji K, Matsuki R, Baba A, Inagaki N, Ban H, et al. Molecular cloning of a novel importin alpha homologue from rice, by which constitutive photomorphogenic 1 (COP1) nuclear localization signal (NLS)-protein is preferentially nuclear imported. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:9322-9 pubmed..These data suggest that each of the different rice importin alpha proteins carry distinct groups of nuclear proteins, such that multiple isoforms of importin alpha contribute to the regulation of plant nuclear protein transport. ..
- Imamura R, Konaka K, Matsumoto N, Hasegawa M, Fukui M, Mukaida N, et al. Fas ligand induces cell-autonomous NF-kappaB activation and interleukin-8 production by a mechanism distinct from that of tumor necrosis factor-alpha. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:46415-23 pubmed..In addition, we found that mouse FADD had a dominant-negative effect on the FasL-induced NF-kappaB activation in HEK293 cells, which may indicate a species difference between human and mouse in the FasL-induced NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Nakagawa N, Sakurai N. A mutation in At-nMat1a, which encodes a nuclear gene having high similarity to group II intron maturase, causes impaired splicing of mitochondrial NAD4 transcript and altered carbon metabolism in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:772-83 pubmed..The isolation of the css1 mutant also provides a useful resource in the study of post-transcriptional gene regulation in mitochondria. ..
- Takeda T, Amano K, Ohto M, Nakamura K, Sato S, Kato T, et al. RNA interference of the Arabidopsis putative transcription factor TCP16 gene results in abortion of early pollen development. Plant Mol Biol. 2006;61:165-77 pubmed..Our results therefore suggest that TCP16, a putative transcription factor, plays a crucial role in early processes in pollen development. ..
- Zikihara K, Iwata T, Matsuoka D, Kandori H, Todo T, Tokutomi S. Photoreaction cycle of the light, oxygen, and voltage domain in FKF1 determined by low-temperature absorption spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10828-37 pubmed..5 h in solution at 298 K. The photoreaction mechanism is discussed in reference to the calculated activation energy of the reaction processes. ..
- Kawamoto N, Endo M, Araki T. Expression of a kinase-dead form of CPK33 involved in florigen complex formation causes delayed flowering. Plant Signal Behav. 2015;10:e1086856 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that expression of a kinase-dead form of CPK33 caused a clear delayed-flowering phenotype, supporting for an important role of CPK33 in florigen function through FD phosphorylation. ..
- Yanagisawa S. A novel DNA-binding domain that may form a single zinc finger motif. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:3403-10 pubmed..In addition, Southern blot analysis and a survey of DNA databases suggested that proteins that include Dof domains might exist in other eukaryotes, at least in the plant kingdom. ..
- Osakabe Y, Miyata S, Urao T, Seki M, Shinozaki K, Yamaguchi Shinozaki K. Overexpression of Arabidopsis response regulators, ARR4/ATRR1/IBC7 and ARR8/ATRR3, alters cytokinin responses differentially in the shoot and in callus formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:806-15 pubmed..Consistent with these results, ARR4 and ARR8 might play important roles in the sensoring system of cytokinin signal transduction pathway in various developmental and environmental conditions and the regulation of gene expression. ..
- Nakata M, Shiono T, Watanabe Y, Satoh T. Salt stress-induced dissociation from cells of a germin-like protein with Mn-SOD activity and an increase in its mRNA in a moss, Barbula unguiculata. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:1568-74 pubmed..These results suggest that the induction of BuGLP gene by salt stress is caused by dissociation of BuGLP protein from the cell wall into the medium in the cells during the logarithmic phase. ..
- Katagiri T, Ishiyama K, Kato T, Tabata S, Kobayashi M, Shinozaki K. An important role of phosphatidic acid in ABA signaling during germination in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2005;43:107-17 pubmed..These results suggest that PA is involved in ABA signaling and that AtLPP2 functions as a negative regulator upstream of ABI4, which encodes an AP2-type transcription factor, in ABA signaling during germination. ..
- Oka T, Nemoto T, Jigami Y. Functional analysis of Arabidopsis thaliana RHM2/MUM4, a multidomain protein involved in UDP-D-glucose to UDP-L-rhamnose conversion. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5389-403 pubmed
- Takase M, Mizoguchi T, Kozuka T, Tsukaya H. The unique function of the Arabidopsis circadian clock gene PRR5 in the regulation of shade avoidance response. Plant Signal Behav. 2013;8:e23534 pubmed publisher..A.R-related genes suggested that PRR5 functions as a repressor of S.A.R. Morphological analyses of leaves under different light condition revealed that PRR5 is involved in the inhibition of leaf expansion in S.A.R. ..
- Hyodo H, Yamakawa S, Takeda Y, Tsuduki M, Yokota A, Nishitani K, et al. Active gene expression of a xyloglucan endotransglucosylase/hydrolase gene, XTH9, in inflorescence apices is related to cell elongation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 2003;52:473-82 pubmed..These observations suggest that XTH9 expression is coordinated with plant development, including the differentiation from vegetative and reproductive meristems and cell elongation of the inflorescence stem. ..
- Noutoshi Y, Ito T, Shinozaki K. ALBINO AND PALE GREEN 10 encodes BBMII isomerase involved in histidine biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:1165-72 pubmed..We also revealed that the APG10 knockout mutant exhibited embryo lethality, indicating the essential role of the Arabidopsis BBMII isomerase for plant growth. ..
- Fukaki H, Nakao Y, Okushima Y, Theologis A, Tasaka M. Tissue-specific expression of stabilized SOLITARY-ROOT/IAA14 alters lateral root development in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2005;44:382-95 pubmed..Thus, our data show that tissue-specific expression of a stabilized Aux/IAA protein allows analysis of tissue-specific auxin responses in LR development by inactivating ARF functions. ..
- Chung K, Tasaka M. RPT2a, a 26S proteasome AAA-ATPase, is directly involved in Arabidopsis CC-NBS-LRR protein uni-1D-induced signaling pathways. Plant Cell Physiol. 2011;52:1657-64 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RPT2a is a major interacting partner of uni-1D/UNI, and that the interaction between uni-1D and RPT2a is responsible for activating both morphology and defense signals. ..
- Ando E, Ohnishi M, Wang Y, Matsushita T, Watanabe A, Hayashi Y, et al. TWIN SISTER OF FT, GIGANTEA, and CONSTANS have a positive but indirect effect on blue light-induced stomatal opening in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1529-38 pubmed..In contrast, the stomata in CRY2 overexpressors opened even in the dark, and FT and TSF transcription was up-regulated. We conclude that the photoperiodic flowering components TSF, GI, and CO positively affect stomatal opening. ..
- Ariga H, Katori T, Tsuchimatsu T, Hirase T, Tajima Y, Parker J, et al. NLR locus-mediated trade-off between abiotic and biotic stress adaptation in Arabidopsis. Nat Plants. 2017;3:17072 pubmed publisher..Thus, polymorphism in certain plant NLR genes might be influenced by competing environmental stresses. ..
- Mukai H, Chang C, Tanaka H, Ito A, Kuno T, Tanaka C. cDNA cloning of a novel testis-specific calcineurin B-like protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;179:1325-30 pubmed..The overall predicted amino acid sequence homology between CBLP and calcineurin B is 82%. Northern blots showed that transcripts for CBLP are specifically and highly expressed in the testis. ..
- Kagami M, Toh e A, Matsui Y. SRO9, a multicopy suppressor of the bud growth defect in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae rho3-deficient cells, shows strong genetic interactions with tropomyosin genes, suggesting its role in organization of the actin cytoskeleton. Genetics. 1997;147:1003-16 pubmed..Unlike tropomyosin, Sro9p does not colocalize with actin cables but is diffusely cytoplasmic. These results suggest that Sro9p is a new cytoplasmic factor involved in the organization of actin filaments. ..
- Shikata M, Matsuda Y, Ando K, Nishii A, Takemura M, Yokota A, et al. Characterization of Arabidopsis ZIM, a member of a novel plant-specific GATA factor gene family. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:631-9 pubmed..Genes in ZIM-overexpressing plants were identified that were up-regulated in a tissue-specific manner, which suggests that transcriptional regulation by ZIM and its consequent effects are spatially controlled. ..
- Ito T, Nakata M, Fukazawa J, Ishida S, Takahashi Y. Alteration of substrate specificity: the variable N-terminal domain of tobacco Ca(2+)-dependent protein kinase is important for substrate recognition. Plant Cell. 2010;22:1592-604 pubmed publisher..Our results open the possibility of engineering the substrate specificity of CDPK by manipulation of the variable N-terminal domain, enabling a rational rewiring of cellular signaling pathways. ..
- Takahashi F, Mizoguchi T, Yoshida R, Ichimura K, Shinozaki K. Calmodulin-dependent activation of MAP kinase for ROS homeostasis in Arabidopsis. Mol Cell. 2011;41:649-60 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that two major activation modes in eukaryotes, Ca²+/CaMs and the MAP kinase phosphorylation cascade, converge at MPK8 to monitor or maintain an essential part of ROS homeostasis. ..
- Nahar M, Ishida T, Smyth D, Tasaka M, Aida M. Interactions of CUP-SHAPED COTYLEDON and SPATULA genes control carpel margin development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2012;53:1134-43 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that differential interactions among SPT, CUC1 and CUC2 direct the formation of domain-specific structures of the Arabidopsis gynoecium. ..
- Sharif J, Koseki H. No Winter Lasts Forever: Polycomb Complexes Convert Epigenetic Memory of Cold into Flowering. Dev Cell. 2017;42:563-564 pubmed publisher..This repression is biphasic, requiring nucleation and propagation; and, strikingly, appears to be intrinsically linked with DNA replication. ..
- Mitsui H, Yamaguchi Shinozaki K, Shinozaki K, Nishikawa K, Takahashi H. Identification of a gene family (kat) encoding kinesin-like proteins in Arabidopsis thaliana and the characterization of secondary structure of KatA. Mol Gen Genet. 1993;238:362-8 pubmed..The predicted secondary structure of the KatA protein indicates two globular domains separated by a long alpha helical coiled coil with heptad repeat structures, such as are commonly found in kinesin-like proteins. ..
- Kosugi S, Ohashi Y. E2Ls, E2F-like repressors of Arabidopsis that bind to E2F sites in a monomeric form. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16553-8 pubmed..Because the transcripts of E2Ls were abundant in meristematic rather than fully differentiated tissues, E2Ls may balance the activities of E2F.DP and play a role in restraining cell proliferation. ..
- Satoh R, Fujita Y, Nakashima K, Shinozaki K, Yamaguchi Shinozaki K. A novel subgroup of bZIP proteins functions as transcriptional activators in hypoosmolarity-responsive expression of the ProDH gene in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:309-17 pubmed..Moreover, we showed that the sGFP::AtbZIP11/ATB2 fusion protein is localized in the nucleus. These results suggest that the ATB2 subgroup functions as a transcriptional activator for hypoosmolarity-inducible ProDH in Arabidopsis: ..
- Nagasaki N, Tomioka R, Maeshima M. A hydrophilic cation-binding protein of Arabidopsis thaliana, AtPCaP1, is localized to plasma membrane via N-myristoylation and interacts with calmodulin and the phosphatidylinositol phosphates PtdIns(3,4,5)P(3) and PtdIns(3,5)P(2). FEBS J. 2008;275:2267-82 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the N-terminal part is essential for both N-myristoylation and interaction with PtdInsPs, and that PCaP1 may be involved in intracellular signalling through interaction with PtdInsPs and calmodulin. ..
- Saga H, Ogawa T, Kai K, Suzuki H, Ogata Y, Sakurai N, et al. Identification and characterization of ANAC042, a transcription factor family gene involved in the regulation of camalexin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2012;25:684-96 pubmed publisher..We discuss ANAC042 as a key transcription factor involved in previously unknown regulatory mechanisms to induce phytoalexin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Kojima S, Takahashi Y, Kobayashi Y, Monna L, Sasaki T, Araki T, et al. Hd3a, a rice ortholog of the Arabidopsis FT gene, promotes transition to flowering downstream of Hd1 under short-day conditions. Plant Cell Physiol. 2002;43:1096-105 pubmed
- Matsuoka D, Tokutomi S. Blue light-regulated molecular switch of Ser/Thr kinase in phototropin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13337-42 pubmed..LOV1, in contrast, contributes little to the photoactivation in GST-L1-L2-KD; however, it acts as an attenuator of the light activation of the kinase by LOV2. ..
- Yamada H, Hanaki N, Imamura A, Ueguchi C, Mizuno T. An Arabidopsis protein that interacts with the cytokinin-inducible response regulator, ARR4, implicated in the His-Asp phosphorylay signal transduction. FEBS Lett. 1998;436:76-80 pubmed
- Jones P, Manabe T, Awazuhara M, Saito K. A new member of plant CS-lyases. A cystine lyase from Arabidopsis thaliana. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:10291-6 pubmed publisher..thaliana genes annotated as tyrosine aminotransferase-like...
- Osakabe Y, Maruyama K, Seki M, Satou M, Shinozaki K, Yamaguchi Shinozaki K. Leucine-rich repeat receptor-like kinase1 is a key membrane-bound regulator of abscisic acid early signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1105-19 pubmed..RPK1 is involved in the main ABA signaling pathway and in early ABA perception in Arabidopsis. ..
- Qin F, Kodaira K, Maruyama K, Mizoi J, Tran L, Fujita Y, et al. SPINDLY, a negative regulator of gibberellic acid signaling, is involved in the plant abiotic stress response. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:1900-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that SPY plays a negative role in plant abiotic stress tolerance, probably by integrating environmental stress signals via GA and CK cross talk. ..
- Tezuka K, Taji T, Hayashi T, Sakata Y. A novel abi5 allele reveals the importance of the conserved Ala in the C3 domain for regulation of downstream genes and salt tolerance during germination in Arabidopsis. Plant Signal Behav. 2013;8:e23455 pubmed publisher..In yeast, the abi5-9 protein exhibited greatly reduced interaction with ABI3 compared with ABI5. These data suggest that Ala214 in ABI5 contributes to the function of ABI5 via its interaction with ABI3. ..
- Kyozuka J, Konishi S, Nemoto K, Izawa T, Shimamoto K. Down-regulation of RFL, the FLO/LFY homolog of rice, accompanied with panicle branch initiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:1979-82 pubmed..Our results suggest that mechanisms controlling floral development in rice might be diverged from that of Arabidopsis and Antirrhinum. ..
- Liu Q, Kasuga M, Sakuma Y, Abe H, Miura S, Yamaguchi Shinozaki K, et al. Two transcription factors, DREB1 and DREB2, with an EREBP/AP2 DNA binding domain separate two cellular signal transduction pathways in drought- and low-temperature-responsive gene expression, respectively, in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1998;10:1391-406 pubmed..These results indicate that two independent families of DREB proteins, DREB1 and DREB2, function as trans-acting factors in two separate signal transduction pathways under low-temperature and dehydration conditions, respectively. ..
- Matsushita Y, Deguchi M, Youda M, Nishiguchi M, Nyunoya H. The tomato mosaic tobamovirus movement protein interacts with a putative transcriptional coactivator KELP. Mol Cells. 2001;12:57-66 pubmed..This suggests that these MPs could commonly interact with KELP, possibly to modulate the host gene expression. ..
- Kanaoka M, Urban S, Freeman M, Okada K. An Arabidopsis Rhomboid homolog is an intramembrane protease in plants. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:5723-8 pubmed..These studies provide the first evidence that the determinants of RIP are present in plants. ..
- Fujita Y, Fujita M, Satoh R, Maruyama K, Parvez M, Seki M, et al. AREB1 is a transcription activator of novel ABRE-dependent ABA signaling that enhances drought stress tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:3470-88 pubmed..Thus, these data suggest that AREB1 regulates novel ABRE-dependent ABA signaling that enhances drought tolerance in vegetative tissues. ..
- Morikawa T, Mizutani M, Aoki N, Watanabe B, Saga H, Saito S, et al. Cytochrome P450 CYP710A encodes the sterol C-22 desaturase in Arabidopsis and tomato. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1008-22 pubmed publisher..Our results support the possibility that the CYP710 family may encode P450s of sterol C-22 desaturases in different organisms...
- Tran L, Nakashima K, Sakuma Y, Osakabe Y, Qin F, Simpson S, et al. Co-expression of the stress-inducible zinc finger homeodomain ZFHD1 and NAC transcription factors enhances expression of the ERD1 gene in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2007;49:46-63 pubmed
- Miyoshi H, Okade H, Muto S, Suehiro N, Nakashima H, Tomoo K, et al. Turnip mosaic virus VPg interacts with Arabidopsis thaliana eIF(iso)4E and inhibits in vitro translation. Biochimie. 2008;90:1427-34 pubmed publisher..Our present results may indicate that excess VPg produced at the encapsidation stage shuts off cap-dependent translational initiation in host cells by inhibiting complex formation between eIF(iso)4E and cellular mRNAs...
- Okajima K, Matsuoka D, Tokutomi S. LOV2-linker-kinase phosphorylates LOV1-containing N-terminal polypeptide substrate via photoreaction of LOV2 in Arabidopsis phototropin1. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3391-5 pubmed publisher..Amino acid substitution experiments proved that the phosphorylation comes from the activation of the kinase via photoreaction of LOV2. ..
- Shikanai T. Central role of cyclic electron transport around photosystem I in the regulation of photosynthesis. Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2014;26:25-30 pubmed publisher..Additionally, proton conductivity is upregulated, probably through ATPase, in pgr5 mutants. The photosynthetic machinery likely forms a complex network to maintain high photosynthesis activity under fluctuating light conditions. ..
- Hirohashi T, Nishio K, Nakai M. cDNA sequence and overexpression of chloroplast chaperonin 21 from Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1999;1429:512-5 pubmed..Gel-filtration and chemical cross-linking analyses showed that the recombinant mature AtCpn21 protein forms a stable homo-oligomer composed of three or four polypeptides. ..
- Suzuki T, Imamura A, Ueguchi C, Mizuno T. Histidine-containing phosphotransfer (HPt) signal transducers implicated in His-to-Asp phosphorelay in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 1998;39:1258-68 pubmed..It was thus suggested that the uncovered sensors-AHPs-ARRs lineups may play important roles in propagating environmental stimuli through the multistep His-Asp phosphorelay in Arabidopsis. ..
- Wada T, Sasaoka T, Funaki M, Hori H, Murakami S, Ishiki M, et al. Overexpression of SH2-containing inositol phosphatase 2 results in negative regulation of insulin-induced metabolic actions in 3T3-L1 adipocytes via its 5'-phosphatase catalytic activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1633-46 pubmed
- Nishimura R, Ohmori M, Fujita H, Kawaguchi M. A Lotus basic leucine zipper protein with a RING-finger motif negatively regulates the developmental program of nodulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:15206-10 pubmed publisher..Legume-characteristic combination of motifs of ASTRAY may play specific roles in the regulation of nodule development...
- Tsunoyama Y, Ishizaki Y, Morikawa K, Kobori M, Nakahira Y, Takeba G, et al. Blue light-induced transcription of plastid-encoded psbD gene is mediated by a nuclear-encoded transcription initiation factor, AtSig5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3304-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that AtSig5 acts as a mediator of blue light signaling that specifically activates the psbD BLRP in response to blue light in Arabidopsis...
- Ueda H, Nishiyama C, Shimada T, Koumoto Y, Hayashi Y, Kondo M, et al. AtVAM3 is required for normal specification of idioblasts, myrosin cells. Plant Cell Physiol. 2006;47:164-75 pubmed..Our results suggest that AtVAM3 has a plant-specific function in development of myrosin cells. ..