Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in Germany
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
- Postel S, Küfner I, Beuter C, Mazzotta S, Schwedt A, Borlotti A, et al. The multifunctional leucine-rich repeat receptor kinase BAK1 is implicated in Arabidopsis development and immunity. Eur J Cell Biol. 2010;89:169-74 pubmed publisher..This view is supported by the identification of an additional RLK, PEPR1, and its closest homolog, PEPR2 as BAK1-interacting RLKs. ..
- Dal Bosco C, Dovzhenko A, Liu X, Woerner N, Rensch T, Eismann M, et al. The endoplasmic reticulum localized PIN8 is a pollen-specific auxin carrier involved in intracellular auxin homeostasis. Plant J. 2012;71:860-70 pubmed publisher....
- Wahl V, Brand L, Guo Y, Schmid M. The FANTASTIC FOUR proteins influence shoot meristem size in Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Plant Biol. 2010;10:285 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the FAF genes form a plant specific gene family, the members of which have the potential to regulate the size of the shoot meristem by modulating the CLV3-WUS feedback loop. ..
- Bitrián M, Roodbarkelari F, Horváth M, Koncz C. BAC-recombineering for studying plant gene regulation: developmental control and cellular localization of SnRK1 kinase subunits. Plant J. 2011;65:829-42 pubmed publisher....
- Li S, Lauri A, Ziemann M, Busch A, Bhave M, Zachgo S. Nuclear activity of ROXY1, a glutaredoxin interacting with TGA factors, is required for petal development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2009;21:429-41 pubmed publisher..Additionally, ROXY1 affects later petal morphogenesis, probably by modulating other TGA factors that might act redundantly during differentiation of second whorl organs. ..
- Melzer R, Theissen G. Reconstitution of 'floral quartets' in vitro involving class B and class E floral homeotic proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:2723-36 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings we propose a mechanism of how target gene specificity might be achieved at the level of floral quartet stability. ..
- Pudelski B, Soll J, Philippar K. A search for factors influencing etioplast-chloroplast transition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12201-6 pubmed publisher..However, detailed examination of the de-etiolation phenotype and a genomewide transcriptional analysis revealed no direct influence of these genes on etioplast to chloroplast transition in Arabidopsis cotyledons. ..
- Zander M, La Camera S, Lamotte O, Metraux J, Gatz C. Arabidopsis thaliana class-II TGA transcription factors are essential activators of jasmonic acid/ethylene-induced defense responses. Plant J. 2010;61:200-10 pubmed publisher..These results imply that the antagonistic effects of TGA factors and JIN1/AtMYC2 on the JA/ET pathway are necessary to evoke the SA-mediated suppression of JA/ET-induced defense responses...
- Horak J, Grefen C, Berendzen K, Hahn A, Stierhof Y, Stadelhofer B, et al. The Arabidopsis thaliana response regulator ARR22 is a putative AHP phospho-histidine phosphatase expressed in the chalaza of developing seeds. BMC Plant Biol. 2008;8:77 pubmed publisher..Even when slightly mis-expressed, ARR22 interferes with hormone homeostasis in non-chalaza tissues. Our data indicate that the chromatin status might play a crucial role in maintaining the chalaza-restricted expression of ARR22. ..
- Bouyer D, Geier F, Kragler F, Schnittger A, Pesch M, Wester K, et al. Two-dimensional patterning by a trapping/depletion mechanism: the role of TTG1 and GL3 in Arabidopsis trichome formation. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e141 pubmed publisher....
- Kwon C, Neu C, Pajonk S, Yun H, Lipka U, Humphry M, et al. Co-option of a default secretory pathway for plant immune responses. Nature. 2008;451:835-40 pubmed publisher....
- Reichardt I, Stierhof Y, Mayer U, Richter S, Schwarz H, Schumacher K, et al. Plant cytokinesis requires de novo secretory trafficking but not endocytosis. Curr Biol. 2007;17:2047-53 pubmed..Our results suggest that during plant cytokinesis, unlike animal cytokinesis, protein secretion is absolutely essential, whereas endocytosis is not. ..
- Schott A, Ravaud S, Keller S, Radzimanowski J, Viotti C, Hillmer S, et al. Arabidopsis stromal-derived Factor2 (SDF2) is a crucial target of the unfolded protein response in the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18113-21 pubmed publisher..Arabidopsis sdf2 mutants display strong defects and morphological phenotypes during seedling development specifically under ER stress conditions, thus establishing that SDF2-type proteins play a key role in the UPR. ..
- Dissmeyer N, Nowack M, Pusch S, Stals H, Inze D, Grini P, et al. T-loop phosphorylation of Arabidopsis CDKA;1 is required for its function and can be partially substituted by an aspartate residue. Plant Cell. 2007;19:972-85 pubmed..For instance, even though flowers were formed, these plants were completely sterile as a result of a failure of the meiotic program, indicating that different requirements for CDKA;1 function are needed during plant development. ..
- Thalhammer A, Hundertmark M, Popova A, Seckler R, Hincha D. Interaction of two intrinsically disordered plant stress proteins (COR15A and COR15B) with lipid membranes in the dry state. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1798:1812-20 pubmed publisher..The helices lacked a clear separation of positive and negative charges on the hydrophilic face, but contained several hydroxylated amino acids. ..
- Heckwolf M, Pater D, Hanson D, Kaldenhoff R. The Arabidopsis thaliana aquaporin AtPIP1;2 is a physiologically relevant CO? transport facilitator. Plant J. 2011;67:795-804 pubmed publisher..Here, we could demonstrate that the effect was caused by reduced CO? conductivity in leaf tissue. It is concluded that the AtPIP1;2 gene product limits CO? diffusion and photosynthesis in leaves. ..
- Sane A, Stein B, Westhoff P. The nuclear gene HCF107 encodes a membrane-associated R-TPR (RNA tetratricopeptide repeat)-containing protein involved in expression of the plastidial psbH gene in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2005;42:720-30 pubmed..HCF107 thus represents a new member of the growing helical repeat family of proteins that seem to play a gene-specific role in regulating plastidial gene expression and biogenesis. ..
- Spíchal L, Rakova N, Riefler M, Mizuno T, Romanov G, Strnad M, et al. Two cytokinin receptors of Arabidopsis thaliana, CRE1/AHK4 and AHK3, differ in their ligand specificity in a bacterial assay. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:1299-305 pubmed..The importance of precise control of local concentrations of defined cytokinin metabolites to regulate the respective downstream event is corroborated. ..
- Zimmermann I, Heim M, Weisshaar B, Uhrig J. Comprehensive identification of Arabidopsis thaliana MYB transcription factors interacting with R/B-like BHLH proteins. Plant J. 2004;40:22-34 pubmed..The results are discussed with respect to multi-functionality, specificity and redundancy of MYB and BHLH protein function. ..
- Lindemann P, Koch A, Degenhardt B, Hause G, Grimm B, Papadopoulos V. A novel Arabidopsis thaliana protein is a functional peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor. Plant Cell Physiol. 2004;45:723-33 pubmed..These results suggest that the PBR like protein is involved in steroid import and is directing protoporphyrinogen IX to the mitochondrial site of protoheme formation...
- Hajheidari M, Farrona S, Huettel B, Koncz Z, Koncz C. CDKF;1 and CDKD protein kinases regulate phosphorylation of serine residues in the C-terminal domain of Arabidopsis RNA polymerase II. Plant Cell. 2012;24:1626-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, cotranscriptional processing and stability of a set of small RNAs and transcripts involved in their biogenesis are sensitive to changes in the phosphorylation of RNAPII CTD by CDKF;1 and CDKDs. ..
- Sprunck S, Rademacher S, Vogler F, Gheyselinck J, Grossniklaus U, Dresselhaus T. Egg cell-secreted EC1 triggers sperm cell activation during double fertilization. Science. 2012;338:1093-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that mutual gamete activation, regulated exocytosis, and sperm plasma membrane modifications govern flowering plant gamete interactions. ..
- Baudisch B, Klösgen R. Dual targeting of a processing peptidase into both endosymbiotic organelles mediated by a transport signal of unusual architecture. Mol Plant. 2012;5:494-503 pubmed publisher..Deletion mapping combined with in organello and in vivo protein transport studies demonstrate an unusual architecture of this transport signal, suggesting a composition of three functionally separated domains...
- Pape S, Thurow C, Gatz C. The Arabidopsis PR-1 promoter contains multiple integration sites for the coactivator NPR1 and the repressor SNI1. Plant Physiol. 2010;154:1805-18 pubmed publisher..Under induced conditions, SNI1 negatively regulates the function of WRKY transcription factors binding to WKRY boxes between bp -550 and -510. ..
- Redovniković I, Textor S, Lisnić B, Gershenzon J. Expression pattern of the glucosinolate side chain biosynthetic genes MAM1 and MAM3 of Arabidopsis thaliana in different organs and developmental stages. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2012;53:77-83 pubmed publisher..The expression of MAM1 was different than that of MAM3 with MAM3 having relative more expression in seedlings and roots than MAM1. ..
- Häweker H, Rips S, Koiwa H, Salomon S, Saijo Y, Chinchilla D, et al. Pattern recognition receptors require N-glycosylation to mediate plant immunity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4629-36 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a single N-glycan plays a critical role for receptor abundance and ligand recognition during plant-pathogen interactions at the cell surface. ..
- Manavella P, Koenig D, Rubio Somoza I, Burbano H, Becker C, Weigel D. Tissue-specific silencing of Arabidopsis SU(VAR)3-9 HOMOLOG8 by miR171a. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:805-12 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that each miR171a strand can be loaded onto RISC with separate regulatory outcomes. ..
- Návarová H, Bernsdorff F, Döring A, Zeier J. Pipecolic acid, an endogenous mediator of defense amplification and priming, is a critical regulator of inducible plant immunity. Plant Cell. 2012;24:5123-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Pip orchestrates defense amplification, positive regulation of salicylic acid biosynthesis, and priming to guarantee effective local resistance induction and the establishment of SAR. ..
- Kuhn A, Engqvist M, Jansen E, Weber A, Jakobs C, Maurino V. D-2-hydroxyglutarate metabolism is linked to photorespiration in the shm1-1 mutant. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2013;15:776-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, a novel interaction of the photorespiratory pathway with cellular processes involving D-2HG has been identified. ..
- Rybak K, Steiner A, Synek L, Klaeger S, Kulich I, Facher E, et al. Plant cytokinesis is orchestrated by the sequential action of the TRAPPII and exocyst tethering complexes. Dev Cell. 2014;29:607-620 pubmed publisher..We show that the two tethering complexes physically interact and propose that their coordinated action may orchestrate not only plant but also animal cytokinesis...
- Herz S, Eberhardt S, Bacher A. Biosynthesis of riboflavin in plants. The ribA gene of Arabidopsis thaliana specifies a bifunctional GTP cyclohydrolase II/3,4-dihydroxy-2-butanone 4-phosphate synthase. Phytochemistry. 2000;53:723-31 pubmed..The N-terminal segment is not required for catalytic activity and is likely to serve as signal sequence for import into chloroplasts. ..
- Yadav R, Fulton L, Batoux M, Schneitz K. The Arabidopsis receptor-like kinase STRUBBELIG mediates inter-cell-layer signaling during floral development. Dev Biol. 2008;323:261-70 pubmed publisher....
- Pokorny R, Klar T, Hennecke U, Carell T, Batschauer A, Essen L. Recognition and repair of UV lesions in loop structures of duplex DNA by DASH-type cryptochrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:21023-7 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal that DASH cryptochromes catalyze light-driven DNA repair like conventional photolyases but lack an efficient flipping mechanism for interaction with CPD lesions within duplex DNA. ..
- Kleinow T, Bhalerao R, Breuer F, Umeda M, Salchert K, Koncz C. Functional identification of an Arabidopsis snf4 ortholog by screening for heterologous multicopy suppressors of snf4 deficiency in yeast. Plant J. 2000;23:115-22 pubmed..Here we describe the characterization of AtSNF4, a functional Arabidopsis Snf4 ortholog, that interacts with yeast Snf1 and specifically binds to the C-terminal regulatory domain of Arabidopsis SnRKs AKIN10 and AKIN11. ..
- Lensch M, Herrmann R, Sokolenko A. Identification and characterization of SppA, a novel light-inducible chloroplast protease complex associated with thylakoid membranes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33645-51 pubmed..We demonstrate that SppA is a light-inducible protease and discuss its possible involvement in the light-dependent degradation of antenna and photosystem II complexes that both involve serine-type proteases. ..
- Frank M, Guivarc h A, Krupková E, Lorenz Meyer I, Chriqui D, Schmülling T. Tumorous shoot development (TSD) genes are required for co-ordinated plant shoot development. Plant J. 2002;29:73-85 pubmed..We hypothesize that the TSD gene products negatively regulate cytokinin-dependent meristematic activity during vegetative development of Arabidopsis. ..
- Miao Y, Laun T, Smykowski A, Zentgraf U. Arabidopsis MEKK1 can take a short cut: it can directly interact with senescence-related WRKY53 transcription factor on the protein level and can bind to its promoter. Plant Mol Biol. 2007;65:63-76 pubmed..Thus, MEKK1 might be able to take a very direct short cut in mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signalling by directly phosphorylating a transcription factor. ..
- Martin T, Sharma R, Sippel C, Waegemann K, Soll J, Vothknecht U. A protein kinase family in Arabidopsis phosphorylates chloroplast precursor proteins. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:40216-23 pubmed..Furthermore, all three kinases exhibited autophosphorylation. The protein kinases described here could represent subunits of a regulatory network involved in the cytosolic events of chloroplast protein import. ..
- Czempinski K, Frachisse J, Maurel C, Barbier Brygoo H, Mueller Roeber B. Vacuolar membrane localization of the Arabidopsis 'two-pore' K+ channel KCO1. Plant J. 2002;29:809-20 pubmed..In fluorescence images from transgenic AtKCO1-GFP BY2 cells fluorescence was exclusively detected in the tonoplast. Thus AtKCO1 is the first cloned K+ channel demonstrated to be a vacuolar K+ channel. ..
- Bader G, Gomez Ortiz M, Haussmann C, Bacher A, Huber R, Fischer M. Structure of the molybdenum-cofactor biosynthesis protein MoaB of Escherichia coli. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2004;60:1068-75 pubmed..The close structural homology to MogA and the gephyrin and Cnx1 domains suggests that MoaB may bind a hitherto unidentified pterin compound, possibly an intermediate in molybdopterin biosynthesis. ..
- Riefler M, Novak O, Strnad M, Schmülling T. Arabidopsis cytokinin receptor mutants reveal functions in shoot growth, leaf senescence, seed size, germination, root development, and cytokinin metabolism. Plant Cell. 2006;18:40-54 pubmed....
- Ariga H, Katori T, Tsuchimatsu T, Hirase T, Tajima Y, Parker J, et al. NLR locus-mediated trade-off between abiotic and biotic stress adaptation in Arabidopsis. Nat Plants. 2017;3:17072 pubmed publisher..Thus, polymorphism in certain plant NLR genes might be influenced by competing environmental stresses. ..
- Cormack R, Hahlbrock K, Somssich I. Isolation of putative plant transcriptional coactivators using a modified two-hybrid system incorporating a GFP reporter gene. Plant J. 1998;14:685-92 pubmed..The involvement of these proteins in general plant transcription as well as the advantages of using GFP as a reporter gene for detecting protein-protein interactions are discussed. ..
- Elrouby N, Bonequi M, Porri A, Coupland G. Identification of Arabidopsis SUMO-interacting proteins that regulate chromatin activity and developmental transitions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:19956-61 pubmed publisher..It reduces protein levels of CYCLING DOF FACTOR 2, hence increasing transcript levels of CONSTANS and promoting flowering through the photoperiodic pathway. ..
- Brotman Y, Landau U, Pnini S, Lisec J, Balazadeh S, Mueller Roeber B, et al. The LysM receptor-like kinase LysM RLK1 is required to activate defense and abiotic-stress responses induced by overexpression of fungal chitinases in Arabidopsis plants. Mol Plant. 2012;5:1113-24 pubmed publisher....
- Ivashikina N, Deeken R, Fischer S, Ache P, Hedrich R. AKT2/3 subunits render guard cell K+ channels Ca2+ sensitive. J Gen Physiol. 2005;125:483-92 pubmed..Thus, we conclude that the AKT2/3 subunit constitutes the Ca2+ sensitivity of the guard cell K+ uptake channel. ..
- Herrero E, Kolmos E, Bujdoso N, Yuan Y, Wang M, Berns M, et al. EARLY FLOWERING4 recruitment of EARLY FLOWERING3 in the nucleus sustains the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Plant Cell. 2012;24:428-43 pubmed publisher..Taken together, using integrated approaches, we identified ELF4/ELF3 together with LUX to be pivotal for sustenance of plant circadian rhythms. ..
- Desbrosses Fonrouge A, Voigt K, Schroder A, Arrivault S, Thomine S, Krämer U. Arabidopsis thaliana MTP1 is a Zn transporter in the vacuolar membrane which mediates Zn detoxification and drives leaf Zn accumulation. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:4165-74 pubmed..RNA interference-mediated silencing of AtMTP1 causes Zn hypersensitivity and a reduction in Zn concentrations in vegetative plant tissues. ..
- La Camera S, L Haridon F, Astier J, Zander M, Abou Mansour E, Page G, et al. The glutaredoxin ATGRXS13 is required to facilitate Botrytis cinerea infection of Arabidopsis thaliana plants. Plant J. 2011;68:507-19 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, plants impaired in ATGRXS13 exhibited resistance to B. cinerea. Finally, we present a model whereby B. cinerea takes advantage of defence signalling pathways of the plant to help the colonization of its host...
- Marrocco K, Zhou Y, Bury E, Dieterle M, Funk M, Genschik P, et al. Functional analysis of EID1, an F-box protein involved in phytochrome A-dependent light signal transduction. Plant J. 2006;45:423-38 pubmed..Finally, our data indicate that the EID1 target interaction domain is composed of two independent modules. ..
- Muller D, Schmitz G, Theres K. Blind homologous R2R3 Myb genes control the pattern of lateral meristem initiation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2006;18:586-97 pubmed..Double mutant combinations of lateral suppressor and rax1-3 as well as expression studies suggest that at least two pathways control the initiation of axillary meristems in Arabidopsis. ..
- Muller R, Borghi L, Kwiatkowska D, Laufs P, Simon R. Dynamic and compensatory responses of Arabidopsis shoot and floral meristems to CLV3 signaling. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1188-98 pubmed....
- Muller R, Bleckmann A, Simon R. The receptor kinase CORYNE of Arabidopsis transmits the stem cell-limiting signal CLAVATA3 independently of CLAVATA1. Plant Cell. 2008;20:934-46 pubmed publisher..The CRN protein lacks a distinct extracellular domain, and we propose that CRN and CLV2 interact via their transmembrane domains to establish a functional receptor. ..
- Widjaja I, Lassowskat I, Bethke G, Eschen Lippold L, Long H, Naumann K, et al. A protein phosphatase 2C, responsive to the bacterial effector AvrRpm1 but not to the AvrB effector, regulates defense responses in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2010;61:249-58 pubmed publisher..2 (plant defensin), was elevated in unchallenged pia1 mutants. Hence, PIA1 is required for AvrRpm1-induced responses, and confers dual (both positive and negative) regulation of defense gene expression...
- Tucker M, Hinze A, Tucker E, Takada S, Jurgens G, Laux T. Vascular signalling mediated by ZWILLE potentiates WUSCHEL function during shoot meristem stem cell development in the Arabidopsis embryo. Development. 2008;135:2839-43 pubmed publisher..Thus, WUS-dependent OC signalling to the stem cells is promoted by AGO1 and subsequently maintained by a provascular ZLL-dependent signalling pathway. ..
- Skirycz A, Radziejwoski A, Busch W, Hannah M, Czeszejko J, Kwaśniewski M, et al. The DOF transcription factor OBP1 is involved in cell cycle regulation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2008;56:779-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide significant input into our understanding of how cell cycle activity is incorporated into plant growth and development. ..
- Preuss A, Stracke R, Weisshaar B, Hillebrecht A, Matern U, Martens S. Arabidopsis thaliana expresses a second functional flavonol synthase. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:1981-6 pubmed publisher..These double mutant and biochemical data demonstrate for the first time that LDOX is capable of catalyzing the in planta formation of flavonols. ..
- Ranjan A, Fiene G, Fackendahl P, Hoecker U. The Arabidopsis repressor of light signaling SPA1 acts in the phloem to regulate seedling de-etiolation, leaf expansion and flowering time. Development. 2011;138:1851-62 pubmed publisher..SPA1 action in the phloem may also result in mechanical stimuli that affect cell elongation and cell division in other tissues. ..
- Campoli C, Shtaya M, Davis S, von Korff M. Expression conservation within the circadian clock of a monocot: natural variation at barley Ppd-H1 affects circadian expression of flowering time genes, but not clock orthologs. BMC Plant Biol. 2012;12:97 pubmed publisher..Structural and functional characterization of the barley circadian clock will set the basis for future studies of the adaptive significance of the circadian clock in Triticeae species...
- Holtgrefe S, Gohlke J, Starmann J, Druce S, Klocke S, Altmann B, et al. Regulation of plant cytosolic glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase isoforms by thiol modifications. Physiol Plant. 2008;133:211-28 pubmed publisher....
- Albrecht V, Ritz O, Linder S, Harter K, Kudla J. The NAF domain defines a novel protein-protein interaction module conserved in Ca2+-regulated kinases. EMBO J. 2001;20:1051-63 pubmed....
- Armbruster U, Labs M, Pribil M, Viola S, Xu W, Scharfenberg M, et al. Arabidopsis CURVATURE THYLAKOID1 proteins modify thylakoid architecture by inducing membrane curvature. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2661-78 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that CURT1 proteins modify thylakoid architecture by inducing membrane curvature at grana margins. ..