Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in China
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
- Shi H, Wei Y, He C. Melatonin-induced CBF/DREB1s are essential for diurnal change of disease resistance and CCA1 expression in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2016;100:150-155 pubmed publisher..Notably, the diurnal changes of endogenous melatonin may regulate corresponding changes of AtCBF/DREB1s expression and their underlying diurnal cycle of plant immunity and AtCCA1. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu Z, Liu R, Hao H, Bi Y. Gibberellins negatively regulate low temperature-induced anthocyanin accumulation in a HY5/HYH-dependent manner. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:632-4 pubmed..From these data we propose that, together with HY5/HYH, GA signaling may play an important role during low temperature-induced anthocyanin accumulation. ..
- He J, Ma X, Zhang Y, Sun T, Xu F, Chen Y, et al. Role and interrelationship of G? protein, hydrogen peroxide, and nitric oxide in ultraviolet B-induced stomatal closure in Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Physiol. 2013;161:1570-83 pubmed publisher..These findings establish a signaling pathway leading to UV-B-induced stomatal closure that involves GPA1-dependent activation of H2O2 production and subsequent Nia1-dependent NO accumulation. ..
- Guo D, Wong W, Xu W, Sun F, Qing D, Li N. Cis-cinnamic acid-enhanced 1 gene plays a role in regulation of Arabidopsis bolting. Plant Mol Biol. 2011;75:481-95 pubmed publisher..The zce1 loss-of-function mutant produced via the RNA-interference technique produces an earlier bolting phenotype in Arabidopsis, suggesting that ZCE1 plays a role in promoting vegetative growth and delay flowering. ..
- Li S, Ge F, Xu M, Zhao X, Huang G, Zhou L, et al. Arabidopsis COBRA-LIKE 10, a GPI-anchored protein, mediates directional growth of pollen tubes. Plant J. 2013;74:486-97 pubmed publisher..Our results that COBL10 is critical for directional growth of pollen tubes suggest that they play critical roles in cell-cell communications in plants. ..
- Wang C, Yan X, Chen Q, Jiang N, Fu W, Ma B, et al. Clathrin light chains regulate clathrin-mediated trafficking, auxin signaling, and development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:499-516 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CLCs are key regulators in clathrin-mediated trafficking downstream of ABP1-mediated signaling and thus play a critical role in membrane trafficking from the TGN/EE and PM during plant development. ..
- Du Z, Xiao S, Chen Q, Chye M. Arabidopsis acyl-CoA-binding proteins ACBP1 and ACBP2 show different roles in freezing stress. Plant Signal Behav. 2010;5:607-9 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, another membrane-associated ACBP, ACBP2, which shows high (76.9%) conservation in amino acid homology to ACBP1, did not appear to be involved in the freezing response. ..
- Feng X, Zhao Q, Zhao L, Qiao Y, Xie X, Li H, et al. The cold-induced basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor gene MdCIbHLH1 encodes an ICE-like protein in apple. BMC Plant Biol. 2012;12:22 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, MdCIbHLH1 encodes a transcription factor that is important for the cold tolerance response in apple. ..
- Zhang X, Yang Z, Zhang J, Zhang L. Ectopic expression of BraYAB1-702, a member of YABBY gene family in Chinese cabbage, causes leaf curling, inhibition of development of shoot apical meristem and flowering stage delaying in Arabidopsis thaliana. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:14872-91 pubmed publisher..These results from the present research help to reveal the molecular mechanism of BraYAB1-702 gene in the establishment of adaxial-abaxial polarity of the lateral organs in Chinese cabbage. ..
- Wang X, Li W, Piqueras R, Cao K, Deng X, Wei N. Regulation of COP1 nuclear localization by the COP9 signalosome via direct interaction with CSN1. Plant J. 2009;58:655-67 pubmed publisher..This study advances our understanding of COP1 localization, and the molecular interactions between COP1 and CSN. ..
- Zhang L, Hu G, Cheng Y, Huang J. Heterotrimeric G protein alpha and beta subunits antagonistically modulate stomatal density in Arabidopsis thaliana. Dev Biol. 2008;324:68-75 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the stomatal density in Arabidopsis is modulated by GPA1 and AGB1 in an antagonistic manner. ..
- Hu D, Li M, Luo H, Dong Q, Yao Y, You C, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of MdSOS2 reveals its involvement in salt tolerance in apple callus and Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Rep. 2012;31:713-22 pubmed publisher..Finally, MdSOS2 overexpression enhanced, while its suppression reduced the tolerance to salt in transgenic apple calluses, indicating that MdSOS2 acts as a positive regulator in response to salt stress in apple. ..
- Peng Y, Chen L, Lu Y, Ma W, Tong Y, Li Y. DAR2 acts as an important node connecting cytokinin, auxin, SHY2 and PLT1/2 in root meristem size control. Plant Signal Behav. 2013;8:e24226 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the possible molecular mechanisms by which Arabidopsis DAR2 controls root meristem size. ..
- Li B, Gao R, Cui R, L B, Li X, Zhao Y, et al. Tobacco TTG2 suppresses resistance to pathogens by sequestering NPR1 from the nucleus. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4913-22 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NtTTG2 represses SA/NPR1-regulated defence by sequestering NPR1 from the nucleus and the transcriptional activation of the defence-response genes...
- Liu W, Xu Z, Luo D, Xue H. Roles of OsCKI1, a rice casein kinase I, in root development and plant hormone sensitivity. Plant J. 2003;36:189-202 pubmed..In OsCKI1-deficient plants, differential gene expression was investigated using cDNA chip technology, and results indicated that genes related to signal transduction and hormone metabolism were indeed with altered expression. ..
- Bi Z, Li X, Huang H, Hua Y. Identification, Functional Study, and Promoter Analysis of HbMFT1, a Homolog of MFT from Rubber Tree (Hevea brasiliensis). Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:247 pubmed publisher..In addition, the HbMFT1 promoter can be utilized in controlling transgene expression in stamens and seeds of rubber tree or other plant species. ..
- Zhu J, Li Y, Cao D, Yang H, Oh E, Bi Y, et al. The F-box Protein KIB1 Mediates Brassinosteroid-Induced Inactivation and Degradation of GSK3-like Kinases in Arabidopsis. Mol Cell. 2017;66:648-657.e4 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that KIB1 plays an essential role in BR signaling by inhibiting BIN2 through dual mechanisms of blocking substrate access and promoting degradation. ..
- Ji Q, Wang J, Jiang L, Shen S, Fan Y, Zhang C. [Identification of glucose-responsive elements in the promoter of UDP-L-rhamnose biosynthesis gene RHM1 in Arabidopsis thaliana]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2008;24:1531-7 pubmed
- Li X, Su Y, Zhao X, Li W, Gao X, Zhang X. Cytokinin overproduction-caused alteration of flower development is partially mediated by CUC2 and CUC3 in Arabidopsis. Gene. 2010;450:109-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is likely that the CUC2 and CUC3 expression mediated by AHK2 and AHK3 signaling may play roles in regulation of flower development. ..
- Xu R, Qi S, Lu L, Chen C, Wu C, Zheng C. A DExD/H box RNA helicase is important for K+ deprivation responses and tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. FEBS J. 2011;278:2296-306 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide information for the functional analysis of plant DEVH box RNA helicases, and suggest that AtHELPS, as an important negative regulator, plays a role in K(+) deprivation stress. ..
- Yang L, Huang W, Wang H, Cai R, Xu Y, Huang H. Characterizations of a hypomorphic argonaute1 mutant reveal novel AGO1 functions in Arabidopsis lateral organ development. Plant Mol Biol. 2006;61:63-78 pubmed..Our results demonstrate several important AGO1 functions in plant lateral organ development. ..
- Chen J, Xia X, Yin W. A poplar DRE-binding protein gene, PeDREB2L, is involved in regulation of defense response against abiotic stress. Gene. 2011;483:36-42 pubmed publisher..We expected that the PeDREB2L might be useful in improving abiotic stress tolerance in transgenic plants. ..
- Zheng C, Yang G, Wang D, Li H. [Identification and tissue-specific expression of a full length cDNA encoding ZIP protein in Arabidopsis]. Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai). 2002;34:109-12 pubmed..Southern and Northern blot analysis indicated that AT103 was a single copy gene and the accumulation of mRNA was obviously different in leaves, stems and roots in Arabidopsis. ..
- Feng W, Wang L, Lu Y, Wang X. A protein oxidase catalysing disulfide bond formation is localized to the chloroplast thylakoids. FEBS J. 2011;278:3419-30 pubmed publisher..These studies may help to resolve some of the issues surrounding the structure and function of AtVKOR-DsbA in Arabidopsis chloroplasts...
- Huang G, Han Y, Fu Y. [Expression and functional analysis of SUA41gene in Arabidopsis thaliana]. Yi Chuan. 2013;35:93-100 pubmed..The results showed that the SUA41 gene plays a role in not only the autonomous pathway but also the thermosensory pathway to regulate flowering time of Arabidopsis. ..
- Li W, Liu H, Cheng Z, Su Y, Han H, Zhang Y, et al. DNA methylation and histone modifications regulate de novo shoot regeneration in Arabidopsis by modulating WUSCHEL expression and auxin signaling. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002243 pubmed publisher..The study demonstrates that, although molecular components involved in organogenesis are divergently evolved in plants and animals, epigenetic modifications play an evolutionarily convergent role in this process. ..
- Li Q, He J. BZR1 Interacts with HY5 to Mediate Brassinosteroid- and Light-Regulated Cotyledon Opening in Arabidopsis in Darkness. Mol Plant. 2016;9:113-125 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a molecular framework for coordination of BR and light signals in regulating cotyledon opening, an important process in photomorphogenesis in plants. ..
- Cheng F, Hu T, An Y, Huang J, Xu Y. Purification and enzymatic characterization of alcohol dehydrogenase from Arabidopsis thaliana. Protein Expr Purif. 2013;90:74-7 pubmed publisher..This broad spectrum in alcohol selection and the observed higher catalytic activity (high Vmax (EtOH)) may result from the requirement of the single enzyme to accommodate many substrates. ..
- Zhou L, Li S, Feng Q, Zhang Y, Zhao X, Zeng Y, et al. Protein S-ACYL Transferase10 is critical for development and salt tolerance in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1093-107 pubmed publisher..We propose that PAT10-mediated palmitoylation is critical for vacuolar function by regulating membrane association or the activities of tonoplast proteins...
- Li S, Yang Z, Du X, Liu R, Wilkinson A, Gozani O, et al. Structural Basis for the Unique Multivalent Readout of Unmodified H3 Tail by Arabidopsis ORC1b BAH-PHD Cassette. Structure. 2016;24:486-94 pubmed publisher..Such recognition may contribute to epigenetic regulation of the initiation of DNA replication. ..
- Niu Y, Jin C, Jin G, Zhou Q, Lin X, Tang C, et al. Auxin modulates the enhanced development of root hairs in Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh. under elevated CO(2). Plant Cell Environ. 2011;34:1304-17 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that elevated CO(2) enhanced the development of root hairs in Arabidopsis via the well-characterized auxin signalling and transport that modulate the initiation of root hairs and the expression of its specific genes. ..
- Zhao H, Wang X, Zhu D, Cui S, Li X, Cao Y, et al. A single amino acid substitution in IIIf subfamily of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor AtMYC1 leads to trichome and root hair patterning defects by abolishing its interaction with partner proteins in Arabidopsis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:14109-21 pubmed publisher
- Ye R, Wang W, Iki T, Liu C, Wu Y, Ishikawa M, et al. Cytoplasmic assembly and selective nuclear import of Arabidopsis Argonaute4/siRNA complexes. Mol Cell. 2012;46:859-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an unsuspected cytoplasmic step in the RdDM pathway. We propose that selective nuclear import of mature AGO4/siRNA complexes is a key regulatory point prior to the effector stage of RdDM. ..
- Zhang Y, Li C, Zhang J, Wang J, Yang J, Lv Y, et al. Dissection of HY5/HYH expression in Arabidopsis reveals a root-autonomous HY5-mediated photomorphogenic pathway. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180449 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that an organ-specific HY5-mediated pathway controls root photomorphogenic development independently of light signaling in the shoot. ..
- Su Y, Zhao X, Liu Y, Zhang C, O Neill S, Zhang X. Auxin-induced WUS expression is essential for embryonic stem cell renewal during somatic embryogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2009;59:448-60 pubmed publisher..This study sheds new light on how auxin regulates stem cell formation during somatic embryogenesis. ..
- Cheng L, Zhang B, Xu Z. [Genetic transformation of buckwheat ( Fagopyrum esculentum Moench ) with AtNHX1 gene and regeneration of salt-tolerant transgenic plants]. Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao. 2007;23:51-60 pubmed..These results showed that it could be possible to improve the salt-tolerance of crops with genetic technology. ..
- Chen L, Liao B, Qi H, Xie L, Huang L, Tan W, et al. Autophagy contributes to regulation of the hypoxia response during submergence in Arabidopsis thaliana. Autophagy. 2015;11:2233-46 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate that submergence-induced autophagy functions in the hypoxia response in Arabidopsis by modulating SA-mediated cellular homeostasis. ..
- Qing D, Yang Z, Li M, Wong W, Guo G, Liu S, et al. Quantitative and Functional Phosphoproteomic Analysis Reveals that Ethylene Regulates Water Transport via the C-Terminal Phosphorylation of Aquaporin PIP2;1 in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2016;9:158-174 pubmed publisher..This finding contributes to our understanding of ethylene-regulated leaf wilting that is commonly observed during post-harvest storage of plant organs. ..
- Chen G, Bi Y, Li N. EGY1 encodes a membrane-associated and ATP-independent metalloprotease that is required for chloroplast development. Plant J. 2005;41:364-75 pubmed
- Zhu F, Chen M, Ye N, Shi L, Ma K, Yang J, et al. Proteogenomic analysis reveals alternative splicing and translation as part of the abscisic acid response in Arabidopsis seedlings. Plant J. 2017;91:518-533 pubmed publisher..The results enhance our understanding of AS and alternative translation mechanisms under normal conditions, and in response to ABA treatment...
- Zhiqiang Z, Qinghui Y, Yongqiang Z, Jian Z, Xin Z, Haiying M, et al. USP1 regulates AKT phosphorylation by modulating the stability of PHLPP1 in lung cancer cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012;138:1231-8 pubmed publisher..Our data identified a novel USP1-PHLPP1-Akt signaling axis, and decreased USP1 level in lung cancer cells may play an important role in lung cancer progress. ..
- Qian W, Miki D, Zhang H, Liu Y, Zhang X, Tang K, et al. A histone acetyltransferase regulates active DNA demethylation in Arabidopsis. Science. 2012;336:1445-8 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals how some genes are indicated by multiple epigenetic marks for active DNA demethylation and protection from silencing. ..
- Lan A, Huang J, Zhao W, Peng Y, Chen Z, Kang D. A salicylic acid-induced rice (Oryza sativa L.) transcription factor OsWRKY77 is involved in disease resistance of Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2013;15:452-61 pubmed publisher..These results show that OsWRKY77 is a positive regulator of PR gene expression and basal resistance to the bacterial pathogen PstDC3000. ..
- Zhang J, Lu H, Li X, Li Y, Cui H, Wen C, et al. Effector-triggered and pathogen-associated molecular pattern-triggered immunity differentially contribute to basal resistance to Pseudomonas syringae. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2010;23:940-8 pubmed publisher..syringae pv. tabaci, indicating that ETI and PTI act synergistically during nonhost resistance. Thus, both nonhost resistance and basal resistance to virulent bacteria can be unified under PTI and ETI. ..
- Chen D, Liu J, Liu J, Chen X. Evolution of the catalytic activity of Arabidopsis thaliana glutathione transferase zeta class-1 by saturation mutagenesis. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:1458-61 pubmed..Our results also suggest that the specific shape of the active site in AtGSTZ-1 is essential to its unique DCA-DC activity. ..
- Bai B, Su Y, Yuan J, Zhang X. Induction of somatic embryos in Arabidopsis requires local YUCCA expression mediated by the down-regulation of ethylene biosynthesis. Mol Plant. 2013;6:1247-60 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new information on the mechanisms of hormone-regulated SE initiation. ..
- Guo D, Gao X, Li H, Zhang T, Chen G, Huang P, et al. EGY1 plays a role in regulation of endodermal plastid size and number that are involved in ethylene-dependent gravitropism of light-grown Arabidopsis hypocotyls. Plant Mol Biol. 2008;66:345-60 pubmed..A model is therefore proposed to address the role of EGY1 in regulation of endodermal plastid size and number as well as the stimulatory effect of ethylene on hypocotyl gravitropism. ..
- Lei M, Li Z, Wang J, Fu Y, Ao M, Xu L. AfAP2-1, An Age-Dependent Gene of Aechmea fasciata, Responds to Exogenous Ethylene Treatment. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:303 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of AfAP2-1 in Arabidopsis thaliana results in an extremely delayed flowering phenotype. These results suggested that AfAP2-1 responds to ethylene and is a putative age-dependent flowering regulator in A. fasciata. ..
- Huang C, Miki D, Tang K, Zhou H, Zheng Z, Chen W, et al. A Pre-mRNA-splicing factor is required for RNA-directed DNA methylation in Arabidopsis. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003779 pubmed publisher..Our work thus contributes to the understanding of RdDM and its interactions with active DNA demethylation. ..
- Huang J, Yang M, Liu P, Yang G, Wu C, Zheng C. GhDREB1 enhances abiotic stress tolerance, delays GA-mediated development and represses cytokinin signalling in transgenic Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Environ. 2009;32:1132-45 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the GhDREB1 overexpressing Arabidopsis exhibited decreased sensitivity to cytokinin (CK) which is associated with repression of expression of type-B and type-A ARRs, two key components in the CK-signalling pathway. ..
- Fu Y, Xu T, Zhu L, Wen M, Yang Z. A ROP GTPase signaling pathway controls cortical microtubule ordering and cell expansion in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1827-32 pubmed publisher..ROP6 directly binds and activates MT-associated RIC1 to achieve the MT ordering. The ROP6-RIC1 pathway also affects MT ordering of hypocotyl cells, showing a broad role for this pathway in the spatial regulation of cell expansion. ..
- Wang X, Xue L, Sun J, Zuo J. The Arabidopsis BE1 gene, encoding a putative glycoside hydrolase localized in plastids, plays crucial roles during embryogenesis and carbohydrate metabolism. J Integr Plant Biol. 2010;52:273-88 pubmed publisher..The be1-3 phenotype can be partially rescued by glucose, fructose or sucrose, implying the involvement of BE1 in carbohydrate metabolism in plastids. ..
- Lu M, Zhang Y, Tang S, Pan J, Yu Y, Han J, et al. AtCNGC2 is involved in jasmonic acid-induced calcium mobilization. J Exp Bot. 2016;67:809-19 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that JA first induces the elevation of cAMP, and cAMP, as an activating ligand, activates the AtCNGC2 channel, resulting in apoplastic Ca(2+) influx through AtCNGC2. ..
- Wang J, Li S, Zhao X, Zhou L, Huang G, Feng C, et al. HAPLESS13, the Arabidopsis ?1 adaptin, is essential for protein sorting at the trans-Golgi network/early endosome. Plant Physiol. 2013;162:1897-910 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate that HAP13 is critical for brefeldin A-sensitive but wortmannin-insensitive post-Golgi trafficking. Our results show that HAP13 is a key link in the sophisticated trafficking network in plant cells. ..
- Yang J, Wang R, Meng J, Bi Y, Xu P, Guo F, et al. Overexpression of Arabidopsis CBF1 gene in transgenic tobacco alleviates photoinhibition of PSII and PSI during chilling stress under low irradiance. J Plant Physiol. 2010;167:534-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CBF1 protein plays an important role in protection of PSII and PSI during the chilling stress under low irradiance. ..