Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in Belgium
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Baucher M, Moussawi J, Vandeputte O, Monteyne D, Mol A, Perez Morga D, et al. A role for the miR396/GRF network in specification of organ type during flower development, as supported by ectopic expression of Populus trichocarpa miR396c in transgenic tobacco. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2013;15:892-8 pubmed publisher..The data obtained agree with the functional conservation of the miR396 family in plants and suggest a role for the miR396/GRF network in determination of floral organ specification. ..
- Dietrich D, Pang L, Kobayashi A, Fozard J, Boudolf V, Bhosale R, et al. Root hydrotropism is controlled via a cortex-specific growth mechanism. Nat Plants. 2017;3:17057 pubmed publisher..In addition, unlike its role in root gravitropism, the elongation zone performs a dual function during a hydrotropic response, both sensing a water potential gradient and subsequently undergoing differential growth. ..
- De Bodt S, Proost S, Vandepoele K, Rouze P, Van de Peer Y. Predicting protein-protein interactions in Arabidopsis thaliana through integration of orthology, gene ontology and co-expression. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:288 pubmed publisher..Overall, we have predicted a reliable set of protein-protein interactions suitable for further computational as well as experimental analyses. ..
- Vandesteene L, Ramon M, Le Roy K, Van Dijck P, Rolland F. A single active trehalose-6-P synthase (TPS) and a family of putative regulatory TPS-like proteins in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2010;3:406-19 pubmed publisher..In addition, we provide evidence that Arabidopsis encodes a single trehalose-6-P synthase (TPS) next to a family of catalytically inactive TPS-like proteins that might fulfill specific regulatory functions in actively growing tissues. ..
- Whitford R, Fernandez A, Tejos R, Pérez A, Kleine Vehn J, Vanneste S, et al. GOLVEN secretory peptides regulate auxin carrier turnover during plant gravitropic responses. Dev Cell. 2012;22:678-85 pubmed publisher..Our work links the local action of secretory peptides with phytohormone transport. ..
- Kushnir S, Babiychuk E, Storozhenko S, Davey M, Papenbrock J, De Rycke R, et al. A mutation of the mitochondrial ABC transporter Sta1 leads to dwarfism and chlorosis in the Arabidopsis mutant starik. Plant Cell. 2001;13:89-100 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that plant mitochondria possess an evolutionarily conserved Fe/S cluster biosynthesis pathway, which is linked to the intracellular iron homeostasis by the function of Atm1p-like ABC transporters. ..
- Nelissen H, Fleury D, Bruno L, Robles P, De Veylder L, Traas J, et al. The elongata mutants identify a functional Elongator complex in plants with a role in cell proliferation during organ growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:7754-9 pubmed..Our data indicate that the Elongator complex is evolutionarily conserved in structure and function but reveal that the mechanism by which it stimulates cell proliferation is different in yeast and plants. ..
- Tillemans V, Leponce I, Rausin G, Dispa L, Motte P. Insights into nuclear organization in plants as revealed by the dynamic distribution of Arabidopsis SR splicing factors. Plant Cell. 2006;18:3218-34 pubmed..Our findings emphasize the high mobility of Arabidopsis SR splicing factors and provide insights into the dynamic relationships between the different nuclear compartments. ..
- Claeys H, Skirycz A, Maleux K, Inze D. DELLA signaling mediates stress-induced cell differentiation in Arabidopsis leaves through modulation of anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome activity. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:739-47 pubmed publisher..This work fits into an emerging view of DELLAs as regulators of cell division by regulating the transition to endoreduplication and differentiation. ..
- Ding Z, Friml J. Auxin regulates distal stem cell differentiation in Arabidopsis roots. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12046-51 pubmed publisher..Our investigations reveal that long-distance auxin signals act upstream of the short-range network of transcriptional factors to mediate the differentiation of distal stem cells in roots. ..
- Stes E, Biondi S, Holsters M, Vereecke D. Bacterial and plant signal integration via D3-type cyclins enhances symptom development in the Arabidopsis-Rhodococcus fascians interaction. Plant Physiol. 2011;156:712-25 pubmed publisher..Hence, the activated d-type cyclin/retinoblastoma/E2F transcription factor pathway integrates both external and internal hormonal signals, stimulating mitotic cell divisions and inducing pathological plant organogenesis. ..
- Maes T, Van de Steene N, Zethof J, Karimi M, D hauw M, Mares G, et al. Petunia Ap2-like genes and their role in flower and seed development. Plant Cell. 2001;13:229-44 pubmed..Although the interspecific complementation proves that PhAp2A encodes a genuine Ap2 ortholog from petunia, additional factors may be involved in the control of perianth identity in this species. ..
- Babiychuk E, Vandepoele K, Wissing J, Garcia Diaz M, De Rycke R, Akbari H, et al. Plastid gene expression and plant development require a plastidic protein of the mitochondrial transcription termination factor family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:6674-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that biosynthesis of malonyl-CoA and plastid-derived systemic growth-promoting compounds are the processes that link plant development and plastid gene expression. ..
- Kampfenkel K, Kushnir S, Babiychuk E, Inze D, Van Montagu M. Molecular characterization of a putative Arabidopsis thaliana copper transporter and its yeast homologue. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:28479-86 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest that a plant metal transporter, which is most likely involved in the transport of copper, has been identified. ..
- Van Damme D, Gadeyne A, Vanstraelen M, Inze D, Van Montagu M, De Jaeger G, et al. Adaptin-like protein TPLATE and clathrin recruitment during plant somatic cytokinesis occurs via two distinct pathways. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:615-20 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that the plasma membrane is subject to localized endocytosis or membrane remodeling processes that are required for the fusion of the cell plate with a predefined region of the plasma membrane. ..
- Stankovic N, Schloesser M, Joris M, Sauvage E, Hanikenne M, Motte P. Dynamic Distribution and Interaction of the Arabidopsis SRSF1 Subfamily Splicing Factors. Plant Physiol. 2016;170:1000-13 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our report extends our understanding of shuttling dynamics of Arabidopsis SR splicing factors. ..
- Porceddu A, Stals H, Reichheld J, Segers G, De Veylder L, Barroco R, et al. A plant-specific cyclin-dependent kinase is involved in the control of G2/M progression in plants. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36354-60 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence that non-PSTAIRE CDKs are involved in the control of the G(2)/M progression in plants. ..
- Vercammen D, van de Cotte B, De Jaeger G, Eeckhout D, Casteels P, Vandepoele K, et al. Type II metacaspases Atmc4 and Atmc9 of Arabidopsis thaliana cleave substrates after arginine and lysine. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:45329-36 pubmed..These findings suggest that type II metacaspases are not directly responsible for earlier reported caspase-like activities in plants. ..
- Sels J, Mathys J, De Coninck B, Cammue B, De Bolle M. Plant pathogenesis-related (PR) proteins: a focus on PR peptides. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2008;46:941-50 pubmed publisher..Finally an update is provided on the potential role of these PR peptides in A. thaliana, with a focus on their possible involvement in plant defense. ..
- Pauwels L, Goossens A. The JAZ proteins: a crucial interface in the jasmonate signaling cascade. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3089-100 pubmed publisher..Overall, these contemporary findings underscore the value of protein-protein interaction studies to acquire fundamental insight into molecular signaling pathways. ..
- Nelissen H, Clarke J, De Block M, De Block S, Vanderhaeghen R, Zielinski R, et al. DRL1, a homolog of the yeast TOT4/KTI12 protein, has a function in meristem activity and organ growth in plants. Plant Cell. 2003;15:639-54 pubmed..Upregulation of the ANGUSTIFOLIA transcript in the strong drl1-2 allele supports this model. ..
- Vanholme R, Cesarino I, Rataj K, Xiao Y, Sundin L, Goeminne G, et al. Caffeoyl shikimate esterase (CSE) is an enzyme in the lignin biosynthetic pathway in Arabidopsis. Science. 2013;341:1103-6 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data necessitate the revision of currently accepted models of the lignin biosynthetic pathway...
- Torres Acosta J, de Almeida Engler J, Raes J, Magyar Z, De Groodt R, Inze D, et al. Molecular characterization of Arabidopsis PHO80-like proteins, a novel class of CDKA;1-interacting cyclins. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2004;61:1485-97 pubmed..The possible role of CYCPs in linking cell division, cell differentiation, and the nutritional status of the cell is discussed. ..
- Maris A, Kaewthai N, Eklöf J, Miller J, Brumer H, Fry S, et al. Differences in enzymic properties of five recombinant xyloglucan endotransglucosylase/hydrolase (XTH) proteins of Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:261-71 pubmed publisher..Isoforms differed in optimum pH (5.0-7.5), in temperature dependence and in acceptor substrate preferences. ..
- Van Landeghem S, De Bodt S, Drebert Z, Inze D, Van de Peer Y. The potential of text mining in data integration and network biology for plant research: a case study on Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:794-807 pubmed publisher..All large-scale data sets, as well as the manually curated textual data, are made publicly available, hereby stimulating the application of text mining data in future plant biology studies. ..
- Périlleux C, Pieltain A, Jacquemin G, Bouché F, Detry N, D Aloia M, et al. A root chicory MADS box sequence and the Arabidopsis flowering repressor FLC share common features that suggest conserved function in vernalization and de-vernalization responses. Plant J. 2013;75:390-402 pubmed publisher..Cold-induced down-regulation of a MADS box floral repressor and its re-activation by high temperature thus appear to be conserved features of the vernalization and de-vernalization responses in distant species. ..
- Sterken R, Kiekens R, Coppens E, Vercauteren I, Zabeau M, Inze D, et al. A population genomics study of the Arabidopsis core cell cycle genes shows the signature of natural selection. Plant Cell. 2009;21:2987-98 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that within Arabidopsis, the genetic robustness of cell cycle-related processes is more due to functional redundancy than high selective constraint. ..
- Storozhenko S, Inze D, Van Montagu M, Kushnir S. Arabidopsis coactivator ALY-like proteins, DIP1 and DIP2, interact physically with the DNA-binding domain of the Zn-finger poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase. J Exp Bot. 2001;52:1375-80 pubmed..Their homology to the transcriptional coactivator ALY suggests that plant PARP may play a role in the regulation of transcription. ..
- Sun W, Bernard C, van de Cotte B, Van Montagu M, Verbruggen N. At-HSP17.6A, encoding a small heat-shock protein in Arabidopsis, can enhance osmotolerance upon overexpression. Plant J. 2001;27:407-15 pubmed..6A expression. Overproduction of At-HSP17.6A could increase salt and drought tolerance in Arabidopsis. The chaperone activity of At-HSP17.6A was demonstrated in vitro. ..
- Verelst W, Asard H. A phylogenetic study of cytochrome b561 proteins. Genome Biol. 2003;4:R38 pubmed..Despite their importance in ascorbate metabolism, no evolutionary analysis has been presented so far on this newly described protein family...
- Cnops G, Jover Gil S, Peters J, Neyt P, De Block S, Robles P, et al. The rotunda2 mutants identify a role for the LEUNIG gene in vegetative leaf morphogenesis. J Exp Bot. 2004;55:1529-39 pubmed..SHOOTMERISTEMLESS was expressed in wild-type leaves and down-regulated in the mutants. The results indicate that RON2 (LUG) has a function in later stages of leaf development. ..
- Thain S, Vandenbussche F, Laarhoven L, Dowson Day M, Wang Z, Tobin E, et al. Circadian rhythms of ethylene emission in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:3751-61 pubmed..Mutants with altered ethylene production or signaling also retained normal rhythmicity of leaf movement. We conclude that circadian rhythms of ethylene production are not critical for rhythmic growth. ..
- Bourgis F, Botha F, Mani S, Hiten F, Rigden D, Verbruggen N. Characterization and functional investigation of an Arabidopsis cDNA encoding a homologue to the d-PGMase superfamily. J Exp Bot. 2005;56:1129-42 pubmed..Two overexpressing At-74 lines showed a clear increase in glucose uptake. This paper introduces the At-74 homologue of the d-PGMase superfamily members and supports a possible role of At-74 in carbohydrate metabolism. ..
- De Smet I, Vassileva V, De Rybel B, Levesque M, Grunewald W, Van Damme D, et al. Receptor-like kinase ACR4 restricts formative cell divisions in the Arabidopsis root. Science. 2008;322:594-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, ACR4 function reveals a common mechanism of formative cell division control in the main root tip meristem and during lateral root initiation. ..
- Ruzicka K, Strader L, Bailly A, Yang H, Blakeslee J, Langowski L, et al. Arabidopsis PIS1 encodes the ABCG37 transporter of auxinic compounds including the auxin precursor indole-3-butyric acid. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:10749-53 pubmed publisher..Our findings explore possible novel modes of regulating auxin homeostasis and plant development by means of directional transport of the auxin precursor IBA and presumably also other auxin metabolites...
- Cools T, Iantcheva A, Weimer A, Boens S, Takahashi N, Maes S, et al. The Arabidopsis thaliana checkpoint kinase WEE1 protects against premature vascular differentiation during replication stress. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1435-48 pubmed publisher..The latter implies that the plant WEE1 kinase acquired an indirect developmental function that is important for meristem maintenance upon replication stress. ..
- Van Hove J, Fouquaert E, Smith D, Proost P, Van Damme E. Lectin activity of the nucleocytoplasmic EUL protein from Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2011;414:101-5 pubmed publisher..Despite the high sequence identity between the EUL domains in EEA and ArathEULS3, both domains recognize different carbohydrate structures. ..
- Rasmussen A, Heugebaert T, Matthys C, Van Deun R, Boyer F, Goormachtig S, et al. A fluorescent alternative to the synthetic strigolactone GR24. Mol Plant. 2013;6:100-12 pubmed publisher..In water methanol solutions, CISA-1 was about threefold more stable than GR24, which may contribute to the increased activity observed in the various biological tests. ..
- Di Rubbo S, Irani N, Kim S, Xu Z, Gadeyne A, Dejonghe W, et al. The clathrin adaptor complex AP-2 mediates endocytosis of brassinosteroid insensitive1 in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2013;25:2986-97 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal that the CME machinery in Arabidopsis is evolutionarily conserved and that AP-2 functions in receptor-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Van Gysel A, Van Montagu M, Inze D. A negatively light-regulated gene from Arabidopsis thaliana encodes a protein showing high similarity to blue copper-binding proteins. Gene. 1993;136:79-85 pubmed..The isolation of a novel negatively photoregulated gene allows us to investigate the complex expression profile of genes responding to the absence of light. ..
- Voet M, Defoor E, Verhasselt P, Riles L, Robben J, Volckaert G. The sequence of a nearly unclonable 22.8 kb segment on the left arm chromosome VII from Saccharomyces cerevisiae reveals ARO2, RPL9A, TIP1, MRF1 genes and six new open reading frames. Yeast. 1997;13:177-82 pubmed..YGL144c has a serine active site signature of lipases. YGL141w has limited homology to several human proteins, one of which mediates complex formation between papillomavirus E6 oncoprotein and tumor suppressor protein p53. ..
- Vranová E, Tähtiharju S, Sriprang R, Willekens H, Heino P, Palva E, et al. The AKT3 potassium channel protein interacts with the AtPP2CA protein phosphatase 2C. J Exp Bot. 2001;52:181-2 pubmed..A deletion analysis indicated that the catalytic domain of AtPP2CA was essential for the interaction with AKT3. Furthermore, the related PP2C phosphatase ABI1 did not interact with AKT3 in yeast. ..
- Courbot M, Willems G, Motte P, Arvidsson S, Roosens N, Saumitou Laprade P, et al. A major quantitative trait locus for cadmium tolerance in Arabidopsis halleri colocalizes with HMA4, a gene encoding a heavy metal ATPase. Plant Physiol. 2007;144:1052-65 pubmed
- De Grauwe L, Chaerle L, Dugardeyn J, Decat J, Rieu I, Vriezen W, et al. Reduced gibberellin response affects ethylene biosynthesis and responsiveness in the Arabidopsis gai eto2-1 double mutant. New Phytol. 2008;177:128-41 pubmed
- Naouar N, Vandepoele K, Lammens T, Casneuf T, Zeller G, Van Hummelen P, et al. Quantitative RNA expression analysis with Affymetrix Tiling 1.0R arrays identifies new E2F target genes. Plant J. 2009;57:184-94 pubmed publisher..The latter groups increase the number of excellent candidates for new, direct E2F targets by almost twofold, from 181 to 334. ..
- Boruc J, Mylle E, Duda M, De Clercq R, Rombauts S, Geelen D, et al. Systematic localization of the Arabidopsis core cell cycle proteins reveals novel cell division complexes. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:553-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identified unknown spatiotemporal territories where functional cell cycle protein interactions are most likely to occur...
- Hermans C, Porco S, Vandenbussche F, Gille S, De Pessemier J, Van Der Straeten D, et al. Dissecting the role of CHITINASE-LIKE1 in nitrate-dependent changes in root architecture. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:1313-26 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ethylene may be involved in the arm mutant phenotype, albeit indirectly, rather than functioning as a primary signal. ..
- Berckmans B, Vassileva V, Schmid S, Maes S, Parizot B, Naramoto S, et al. Auxin-dependent cell cycle reactivation through transcriptional regulation of Arabidopsis E2Fa by lateral organ boundary proteins. Plant Cell. 2011;23:3671-83 pubmed publisher..Our data illustrate how a conserved mechanism driving cell cycle entry has been adapted evolutionarily to connect auxin signaling with control of processes determining plant architecture. ..
- Heyman J, Van Den Daele H, De Wit K, Boudolf V, Berckmans B, Verkest A, et al. Arabidopsis ULTRAVIOLET-B-INSENSITIVE4 maintains cell division activity by temporal inhibition of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome. Plant Cell. 2011;23:4394-410 pubmed publisher..We conclude that UVI4 regulates the temporal inactivation of APC/C during DNA replication, allowing CYCA2;3 to accumulate above the level required for entering mitosis, and thereby regulates the meristem size and plant growth rate. ..
- Irani N, Di Rubbo S, Mylle E, Van den Begin J, Schneider Pizoń J, Hniliková J, et al. Fluorescent castasterone reveals BRI1 signaling from the plasma membrane. Nat Chem Biol. 2012;8:583-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide what is to our knowledge the first visualization of receptor-ligand complexes in plants and reveal clathrin- and ARF-GEF-dependent endocytic regulation of BR signaling from the plasma membrane. ..
- Nowack M, Harashima H, Dissmeyer N, Zhao X, Bouyer D, Weimer A, et al. Genetic framework of cyclin-dependent kinase function in Arabidopsis. Dev Cell. 2012;22:1030-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate divergent functional differentiation of Cdc2-type kinases during eukaryote evolution. ..
- Chen X, Naramoto S, Robert S, Tejos R, Löfke C, Lin D, et al. ABP1 and ROP6 GTPase signaling regulate clathrin-mediated endocytosis in Arabidopsis roots. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1326-32 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the signaling module auxin-ABP1-ROP6/RIC1-clathrin-PIN1/PIN2 is a shared component of the feedback regulation of auxin transport during both root and aerial development. ..
- Zhu Q, Meyer E, Van Der Straeten D. Functional analysis of SLO2 provides new insight into the role of plant PPR proteins. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:1209-11 pubmed publisher..We also reflect upon the implications and perspectives of these findings. ..
- Rodriguez R, Ercoli M, Debernardi J, Breakfield N, Mecchia M, Sabatini M, et al. MicroRNA miR396 Regulates the Switch between Stem Cells and Transit-Amplifying Cells in Arabidopsis Roots. Plant Cell. 2015;27:3354-66 pubmed publisher..We propose that the interactions identified here between miR396 and GRF and PLT transcription factors are necessary to establish the boundary between the stem cell niche and the transit-amplifying region. ..
- Boudolf V, Barrôco R, Engler J, Verkest A, Beeckman T, Naudts M, et al. B1-type cyclin-dependent kinases are essential for the formation of stomatal complexes in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2004;16:945-55 pubmed..Although division of stomatal precursors was inhibited, cells still acquired stomatal identity, illustrating that stomatal cell differentiation is independent of cellular and nuclear division. ..
- Vlieghe K, Boudolf V, Beemster G, Maes S, Magyar Z, Atanassova A, et al. The DP-E2F-like gene DEL1 controls the endocycle in Arabidopsis thaliana. Curr Biol. 2005;15:59-63 pubmed
- Cnops G, Neyt P, Raes J, Petrarulo M, Nelissen H, Malenica N, et al. The TORNADO1 and TORNADO2 genes function in several patterning processes during early leaf development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2006;18:852-66 pubmed..Double mutant analysis showed that TRN1 and TRN2 act in the same pathway...
- De Smet I, Tetsumura T, De Rybel B, Frei dit Frey N, Laplaze L, Casimiro I, et al. Auxin-dependent regulation of lateral root positioning in the basal meristem of Arabidopsis. Development. 2007;134:681-90 pubmed..Third, auxin signaling in the basal meristem triggers pericycle cells for lateral root initiation prior to the action of INDOLE-3-ACETIC ACID14 (SOLITARY ROOT). ..
- Fleury D, Himanen K, Cnops G, Nelissen H, Boccardi T, Maere S, et al. The Arabidopsis thaliana homolog of yeast BRE1 has a function in cell cycle regulation during early leaf and root growth. Plant Cell. 2007;19:417-32 pubmed..Based on the mutant characterization, we postulate that HUB1 mediates gene activation and cell cycle regulation probably through chromatin modifications. ..
- Le Roy K, Lammens W, Verhaest M, De Coninck B, Rabijns A, Van Laere A, et al. Unraveling the difference between invertases and fructan exohydrolases: a single amino acid (Asp-239) substitution transforms Arabidopsis cell wall invertase1 into a fructan 1-exohydrolase. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:616-25 pubmed..The presence or absence of such an Asp-239 homolog is proposed as a reliable determinant to discriminate between real invertases and defective invertases/FEHs. ..
- Le Roy K, Verhaest M, Rabijns A, Clerens S, Van Laere A, Van den Ende W. N-glycosylation affects substrate specificity of chicory fructan 1-exohydrolase: evidence for the presence of an inulin binding cleft. New Phytol. 2007;176:317-24 pubmed..By analogy, glycosylation of 1-FEH IIa affected overall enzyme activity. These data strongly suggest that the presence or absence of a glycosyl chain in the cleft is important for the enzyme's stability and optimal conformation. ..
- Cardol P, Boutaffala L, Memmi S, Devreese B, Matagne R, Remacle C. In Chlamydomonas, the loss of ND5 subunit prevents the assembly of whole mitochondrial complex I and leads to the formation of a low abundant 700 kDa subcomplex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1777:388-96 pubmed publisher..Finally, a supercomplex most probably corresponding to complex I-complex III association, was identified in mutant mitochondria, indicating that the missing part of the enzyme is not required for the formation of the supercomplex. ..
- Nelissen H, De Groeve S, Fleury D, Neyt P, Bruno L, Bitonti M, et al. Plant Elongator regulates auxin-related genes during RNA polymerase II transcription elongation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:1678-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, although the structure of Elongator and its substrate are conserved, target gene selection has diverged, showing that auxin signaling and influx are under chromatin control. ..
- Rausin G, Tillemans V, Stankovic N, Hanikenne M, Motte P. Dynamic nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of an Arabidopsis SR splicing factor: role of the RNA-binding domains. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:273-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data suggest that CRM1 is a putative export receptor for mRNPs in plants. ..
- Versées W, De Groeve S, Van Lijsebettens M. Elongator, a conserved multitasking complex?. Mol Microbiol. 2010;76:1065-9 pubmed publisher..e. transcriptional activation via histone acetylation in the nucleus and translational control through tRNA modification in the cytoplasm. ..
- Gonzalez N, De Bodt S, Sulpice R, Jikumaru Y, Chae E, Dhondt S, et al. Increased leaf size: different means to an end. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:1261-79 pubmed publisher..The analysis of transgenic lines simultaneously overexpressing two growth-enhancing genes further supports the concept that multiple pathways independently converge on organ size control in Arabidopsis. ..
- Vigeolas H, Huhn D, Geigenberger P. Nonsymbiotic hemoglobin-2 leads to an elevated energy state and to a combined increase in polyunsaturated fatty acids and total oil content when overexpressed in developing seeds of transgenic Arabidopsis plants. Plant Physiol. 2011;155:1435-44 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence for a specific function of class 2 hemoglobin in seed oil production and in promoting the accumulation of polyunsaturated fatty acids by facilitating oxygen supply in developing seeds. ..
- Kitakura S, Vanneste S, Robert S, Löfke C, Teichmann T, Tanaka H, et al. Clathrin mediates endocytosis and polar distribution of PIN auxin transporters in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1920-31 pubmed publisher..Together, these data demonstrate a fundamental role for clathrin function in cell polarity, growth, patterning, and organogenesis in plants. ..
- Grunewald W, De Smet I, Lewis D, Löfke C, Jansen L, Goeminne G, et al. Transcription factor WRKY23 assists auxin distribution patterns during Arabidopsis root development through local control on flavonol biosynthesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:1554-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a model in which WRKY23 is part of a transcriptional feedback loop of auxin on its own transport through local regulation of flavonol biosynthesis. ..
- Feraru E, Feraru M, Asaoka R, Paciorek T, De Rycke R, Tanaka H, et al. BEX5/RabA1b regulates trans-Golgi network-to-plasma membrane protein trafficking in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3074-86 pubmed publisher..All together, this study identifies Arabidopsis BEX5/RabA1b as a novel regulator of protein trafficking from a TGN/EE compartment to the plasma membrane. ..
- Heyman J, Cools T, Vandenbussche F, Heyndrickx K, Van Leene J, Vercauteren I, et al. ERF115 controls root quiescent center cell division and stem cell replenishment. Science. 2013;342:860-3 pubmed publisher..Together, these two antagonistic mechanisms delimit ERF115 activity, which is called upon when surrounding stem cells are damaged, revealing a cell cycle regulatory mechanism accounting for stem cell niche longevity. ..
- Vanderhaeghen R, De Clercq R, Karimi M, Van Montagu M, Hilson P, Van Lijsebettens M. Leader sequence of a plant ribosomal protein gene with complementarity to the 18S rRNA triggers in vitro cap-independent translation. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:2630-6 pubmed..CIT was rapidly inhibited upon addition of an oligonucleotide that competed for the 18S rRNA site complementary to the RPS18C leader and interfered with polysome assembly at the transcript. ..
- Belenghi B, Romero Puertas M, Vercammen D, Brackenier A, Inze D, Delledonne M, et al. Metacaspase activity of Arabidopsis thaliana is regulated by S-nitrosylation of a critical cysteine residue. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:1352-8 pubmed..This cysteine is absent in caspases and paracaspases but is conserved in all reported metacaspases. ..
- Verhaest M, Lammens W, Le Roy K, De Coninck B, De Ranter C, Van Laere A, et al. X-ray diffraction structure of a cell-wall invertase from Arabidopsis thaliana. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2006;62:1555-63 pubmed..A preliminary site-directed mutagenesis experiment (Asn299Asp) removed the glycosyl chain but did not alter the activity profile of the enzyme. ..
- Lammens W, Le Roy K, Van Laere A, Rabijns A, Van den Ende W. Crystal structures of Arabidopsis thaliana cell-wall invertase mutants in complex with sucrose. J Mol Biol. 2008;377:378-85 pubmed publisher..Unravelling the exact position of sucrose in plant cell-wall invertases is a necessary step towards the rational design of superior invertases to further increase crop yield and biomass production. ..
- Boudolf V, Lammens T, Boruc J, Van Leene J, Van Den Daele H, Maes S, et al. CDKB1;1 forms a functional complex with CYCA2;3 to suppress endocycle onset. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:1482-93 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CCS52A1 participates in endocycle onset by down-regulating CDKB1;1 activity through the destruction of CYCA2;3. ..
- D Aloia M, Tamseddak K, Bonhomme D, Bonhomme F, Bernier G, Périlleux C. Gene activation cascade triggered by a single photoperiodic cycle inducing flowering in Sinapis alba. Plant J. 2009;59:962-73 pubmed publisher..These patterns are integrated with previous observations concerning upregulation of SUPPRESSOR OF OVEREXPRESSION OF CO1 (SaSOC1) to provide a temporal and spatial map of floral transition in Sinapis...
- Pauwels L, Barbero G, Geerinck J, Tilleman S, Grunewald W, Pérez A, et al. NINJA connects the co-repressor TOPLESS to jasmonate signalling. Nature. 2010;464:788-91 pubmed publisher..This new insight reveals how stress-related and growth-related signalling cascades use common molecular mechanisms to regulate gene expression in plants. ..
- Vanderauwera S, Suzuki N, Miller G, van de Cotte B, Morsa S, Ravanat J, et al. Extranuclear protection of chromosomal DNA from oxidative stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1711-6 pubmed publisher..This response is correlated with enhanced tolerance to oxidative stress, DNA stress-causing agents, and inhibited programmed cell death. ..
- Xiang L, Le Roy K, Bolouri Moghaddam M, Vanhaecke M, Lammens W, Rolland F, et al. Exploring the neutral invertase-oxidative stress defence connection in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Exp Bot. 2011;62:3849-62 pubmed publisher..A hypothetical model is proposed in which both mitochondrial and cytosolic A/N-Invs can generate glucose as a substrate for mitochondria-associated hexokinase, contributing to mitochondrial reactive oxygen species homeostasis. ..
- Brauc S, De Vooght E, Claeys M, Hofte M, Angenon G. Influence of over-expression of cytosolic aspartate aminotransferase on amino acid metabolism and defence responses against Botrytis cinerea infection in Arabidopsis thaliana. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:1813-9 pubmed publisher..However, transgenic lines with the highest Asp2 expression displayed more spreading lesions when infected with B. cinerea. We discuss how this gene involved in amino acid metabolism might interact with plant defence responses. ..
- Van Damme D, De Rybel B, Gudesblat G, Demidov D, Grunewald W, De Smet I, et al. Arabidopsis ? Aurora kinases function in formative cell division plane orientation. Plant Cell. 2011;23:4013-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results put forward a central role for ? Aurora kinases in regulating formative division plane orientation throughout development. ..