Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on apoptosis in Taiwan
Publications596 found, 100 shown here
- Chen C, Chern C, Lin C, Lu F, Shih M, Hsieh P, et al. Involvement of reactive oxygen species, but not mitochondrial permeability transition in the apoptotic induction of human SK-Hep-1 hepatoma cells by shikonin. Planta Med. 2003;69:1119-24 pubmed..Taken together, we suggest that shikonin-induced apoptosis of SK-Hep-1 cells proceeds by an oxidative stress-mediated pathway...
- Jan C, Chen C, Wang S, Kuo S. Effect of methylglyoxal on intracellular calcium levels and viability in renal tubular cells. Cell Signal. 2005;17:847-55 pubmed..The cell type-specific Ca2+ signaling may play an important role in the early process of cytotoxic action of methylglyoxal. ..
- Chan J, Cheng H, Chou J, Li F, Dai K, Chan S, et al. Heat shock protein 60 or 70 activates nitric-oxide synthase (NOS) I- and inhibits NOS II-associated signaling and depresses the mitochondrial apoptotic cascade during brain stem death. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:4585-600 pubmed..In addition, HSP60 exerts its effects against apoptosis by blunting Mev-induced activation of the Bax/cytochrome c/caspase-3 cascade. ..
- Lin P, Huang Y, John J, Chang Y, Yuan C, Chen W, et al. Iridovirus Bcl-2 protein inhibits apoptosis in the early stage of viral infection. Apoptosis. 2008;13:165-76 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that GIV inhibits the promotion of apoptosis by GK cells, which is mediated by the immediate early expressed viral Bcl gene. ..
- Chiu C, Liu P, Huang K, Wang H, Chang K, Chou C, et al. Goniothalamin inhibits growth of human lung cancer cells through DNA damage, apoptosis, and reduced migration ability. J Agric Food Chem. 2011;59:4288-93 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that the DNA-damaging effect of GTN against lung cancer cells leads to growth inhibition as well as a depression in migration ability. Therefore, GTN has potential as a chemotherapeutic agent against lung cancer. ..
- Chang C, Leu S, Sung H, Zhen Y, Cho C, Chen A, et al. Impact of apoptotic adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells on attenuating organ damage and reducing mortality in rat sepsis syndrome induced by cecal puncture and ligation. J Transl Med. 2012;10:244 pubmed publisher..001). Mortality was highest in group 3 and higher in group 2 than group 4 than group 1 (all p < 0.001). A-ADMSC therapy protected major organs from damage and improved prognosis in rats with sepsis syndrome. ..
- Lin M, Wu S, Wang H, Liu R, Chen J. Â¹Â¹Â¹In-DOTA-Annexin V for imaging of apoptosis during HSV1-tk/GCV prodrug activation gene therapy in mice with NG4TL4 sarcoma. Appl Radiat Isot. 2016;108:1-7 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that (111)In-DOTA-Annexin V can be used for monitoring tumor cell apoptosis during prodrug activation gene therapy with HSV1-tk and GCV for cancer treatment. ..
- Hung S, Hung L, Kuo C, Lee K, Lee M, Lin H, et al. Andrographolide sensitizes Ras-transformed cells to radiation in vitro and in vivo. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010;77:1232-9 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that andrographolide is a novel radiosensitizing agent with potential application in cancer radiotherapy. ..
- Lai J, Wu S, Huang D, Chang Z. Cytosolic retention of phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinase and a Rho-associated kinase-mediated signal impair expression of p21(Cip1/Waf1) in phorbol 12-myristate-13- acetate-induced apoptotic cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7581-92 pubmed..Based on these findings, we propose that a ROCK-mediated signal is involved in interfering with the process of ERK-mediated p21(Cip1/Waf1) induction in PMA-induced proapoptotic TF-1 and D2 cells. ..
- Lin L, Lin C, Ho F, Liau C. Up-regulation of the association between heat shock protein 90 and endothelial nitric oxide synthase prevents high glucose-induced apoptosis in human endothelial cells. J Cell Biochem. 2005;94:194-201 pubmed..These observations may contribute to the understanding of the pathogenesis of vascular complications in diabetes mellitus. ..
- Yu C, Kan S, Pu H, Jea Chien E, Wang P. Apoptotic signaling in bufalin- and cinobufagin-treated androgen-dependent and -independent human prostate cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2008;99:2467-76 pubmed publisher..The upstream mediators might be p53 and Fas in androgen-dependent LNCaP cells and Fas in androgen-independent DU145 and PC3 cells. ..
- Chang M, Chen C, Hsieh C, Lee C, Su Y, Hu Y, et al. Mesothelin inhibits paclitaxel-induced apoptosis through the PI3K pathway. Biochem J. 2009;424:449-58 pubmed publisher..Thus mesothelin can inhibit paclitaxel-induced cell death mainly by involving PI3K signalling in the regulation of Bcl-2 family expression. Mesothelin is a potential target in reducing resistance to cytotoxic drugs. ..
- Tsai H, Hsu P. Interplay between Helicobacter pylori and immune cells in immune pathogenesis of gastric inflammation and mucosal pathology. Cell Mol Immunol. 2010;7:255-9 pubmed publisher..pylori with diverse host epithelial signaling pathways and events involved in the initiation of gastric pathology, including gastric inflammation, mucosal damage and development of MALT lymphomas. ..
- Wu G, Chen W, Hung H, Jean Y, Sung C, Chakraborty C, et al. Effects of propofol on proliferation and anti-apoptosis of neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cell line: new insights into neuroprotection. Brain Res. 2011;1384:42-50 pubmed publisher..However, further delineation of the precise neuroprotective effects of propofol will need to be examined. ..
- Lee J, Lee Y, Chang G, Yu S, Hsieh W, Chen J, et al. Curcumin induces EGFR degradation in lung adenocarcinoma and modulates p38 activation in intestine: the versatile adjuvant for gefitinib therapy. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23756 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a novel treatment strategy that curcumin as an adjuvant to increase the spectrum of the usage of gefitinib and overcome the gefitinib inefficiency in NSCLC patients. ..
- Huang S, Hsu P, Chen M, Li W, More S, Lu K, et al. The novel indole compound SK228 induces apoptosis and FAK/Paxillin disruption in tumor cell lines and inhibits growth of tumor graft in the nude mouse. Int J Cancer. 2012;131:722-32 pubmed publisher..In addition, SK228 inhibits cancer cell invasion via FAK/Paxillin disruption at noncytotoxic doses. SK228 can be further tested as a pharmaceutical compound for cancer treatment. ..
- Wang C, Lin S, Lai Y, Liu Y, Hsu Y, Chen J. Dimethyl sulfoxide promotes the multiple functions of the tumor suppressor HLJ1 through activator protein-1 activation in NSCLC cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33772 pubmed publisher..Targeted induction of HLJ1 represents a promising approach for cancer therapy, which also implied that DMSO may serve as a potential lead compound or coordinated ligand for the development of novel anticancer drugs. ..
- Hsu L, Hsu Y, Liang Y, Lin Z, Kuo Y, Pan T. Protective effect of deferricoprogen isolated from Monascus purpureus NTU 568 on citrinin-induced apoptosis in HEK-293 cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:7880-5 pubmed publisher..DFC was found to be protective against the cytotoxicity and cell death induced by citrinin on human embryonic kidney (HEK-293) cells. DFC also demonstrated anti-apoptotic property in preventing citrinin-induced apoptosis...
- Yu C, Yang J, Chang Y, Chuang J, Lin C, Wu M, et al. VCP phosphorylation-dependent interaction partners prevent apoptosis in Helicobacter pylori-infected gastric epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55724 pubmed publisher..These findings provide novel insights into the mechanisms of H. pylori infection induced gastric carcinogenesis. ..
- Liu W, Hsiao H, Tsou W, Lai M. Notch inhibits apoptosis by direct interference with XIAP ubiquitination and degradation. EMBO J. 2007;26:1660-9 pubmed..This antiapoptotic activity of Notch was abolished when XIAP was knocked down. Our results reveal a novel mechanism for Notch-selective suppression of apoptosis through an increase in the stability of a key antiapoptotic protein, XIAP. ..
- Hsu M, Hsu C, Chen B, Chen M, Ou G, Lin C. Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 in amyloid beta peptide-induced cerebral endothelial cell apoptosis. J Neurosci. 2007;27:5719-29 pubmed..Bax knockdown using a bax small interfering RNA strategy also reduced Bax expression and subsequent CEC death. These results suggest that Abeta activates the ASK1-p38MAPK-p53-Bax cascade to cause CEC death in a PP2A-dependent manner. ..
- Lu M, Cheng J, Lai W, Lin Y, Huang N. Fermented Antrodia cinnamomea extract protects rat PC12 cells from serum deprivation-induced apoptosis: the role of the MAPK family. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:865-74 pubmed publisher..Collectively, A. cinnamomea prevented serum deprivation-induced PC12 cell apoptosis through a PKA-dependent pathway and by suppression of JNK and p38 activities. ..
- Hung T, Chen S, Liou J, Hsu J, Li M, Yeh Y, et al. Bax, Bak and mitochondrial oxidants are involved in hypoxia-reoxygenation-induced apoptosis in human placenta. Placenta. 2008;29:565-83 pubmed publisher..Thus, duration of hypoxia and reoxygenation is important in determining severity of HR-induced apoptosis in placenta. These apoptotic changes are closely associated with Bax and Bak effects and oxidative stress in mitochondria. ..
- Lin K, Huang C, Cheng J, Tsai J, Lu Y, Chang H, et al. Ketoconazole-induced JNK phosphorylation and subsequent cell death via apoptosis in human osteosarcoma cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2009;23:1268-76 pubmed publisher..Collectively, in MG63 cells, ketoconazole induced cell death and apoptosis via evoking JNK phosphorylation in a Ca(2+)-independent manner. ..
- Ho W, Chan W, Hsieh M, Chen R. Runx2-mediated bcl-2 gene expression contributes to nitric oxide protection against hydrogen peroxide-induced osteoblast apoptosis. J Cell Biochem. 2009;108:1084-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study shows that pretreatment with 0.3 mM SNP can protect human MG63 cells from hydrogen peroxide-induced apoptotic insults possibly via Runx2-involved regulation of bcl-2 gene expression...
- Yen Y, Tsai K, Chen Y, Huang C, Yang R, Liu S. Arsenic induces apoptosis in myoblasts through a reactive oxygen species-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and mitochondrial dysfunction pathway. Arch Toxicol. 2012;86:923-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that As(2)O(3) may exert its cytotoxicity on myoblasts by inducing apoptosis through a ROS-induced mitochondrial dysfunction, ER stress, and Akt inactivation signaling pathway. ..
- Cheng C, Sheu M, Sytwu H, Chang D. Decoy receptor 3 suppresses RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis via down-regulating NFATc1 and enhancing cell apoptosis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2013;52:609-22 pubmed publisher..Our results postulated DCR3 as a possible new remedy against inflammatory bone destruction. ..
- Chiang Y, Chang M, Chen P, Wu M, Hsieh C, Cheng W, et al. Epigenetic silencing of BLU through interfering apoptosis results in chemoresistance and poor prognosis of ovarian serous carcinoma patients. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2013;20:213-27 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested that methylation of BLU could be a potential prognostic biomarker for advanced ovarian serous carcinoma. ..
- Liu S, Lin K, Lu T, Lu Y, Hsu S, Tsai J, et al. M-3M3FBS-induced Ca² ? movement and apoptosis in HA59T human hepatoma cells. Chin J Physiol. 2013;56:26-35 pubmed publisher..M-3M3FBS induced cell death that might involve apoptosis via mitochondrial pathways. ..
- Chang Y, Liu C, Chen M, Hsu Y, Chen S, Lin C, et al. Local anesthetics induce apoptosis in human breast tumor cells. Anesth Analg. 2014;118:116-24 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal previously unrecognized beneficial actions of local anesthetics and call for further studies to assess the oncologic advantages of their use during breast cancer surgery. ..
- Huang H, Lin T, Huang Y, Huang R. Induction of apoptosis and differentiation by atractylenolide-1 isolated from Atractylodes macrocephala in human leukemia cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:1905-9 pubmed publisher..Our study thus suggests the potential of developing new leukemia therapies by using ATL-I for leukemia treatment in the future. ..
- Sung P, Chiang H, Chen C, Chen Y, Huang T, Zhen Y, et al. Combined Therapy With Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Ciprofloxacin Against Acute Urogenital Organ Damage in Rat Sepsis Syndrome Induced by Intrapelvic Injection of Cecal Bacteria. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2016;5:782-92 pubmed publisher..Autologous adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cell-assisted ciprofloxacin therapy offered an additional benefit by reducing acute urogenital organ damage in rats. ..
- Yeh Y, Hu W, Ting W, Shen C, Hsu H, Chung L, et al. Hypoxia Augments Increased HIF-1? and Reduced Survival Protein p-Akt in Gelsolin (GSN)-Dependent Cardiomyoblast Cell Apoptosis. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2016;74:221-8 pubmed publisher..Hypoxic challenge further induced activated caspase-3 and cell death that was attenuated after GSN knock down, which implies that GSN is a critical therapeutic target against hypoxia-induced cardiomyoblast cell death. ..
- Liu C, Shiau C, Kuo H, Huang H, Chen M, Tzeng C, et al. Cancerous inhibitor of protein phosphatase 2A determines bortezomib-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells. Haematologica. 2013;98:729-38 pubmed publisher..Cancerous inhibitor of protein phosphatase 2A was expressed in leukemic blasts from bone marrow samples. Cancerous inhibitor of protein phosphatase 2A plays a major role in mediating bortezomib-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells. ..
- Chu P, Wang T, Lu Y, Chou C, Yang Y, Chang M. Involvement of p29 in DNA damage responses and Fanconi anemia pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:1710-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, lower tumor incidence was observed in mp29 transgenic mice after UV irradiation. These results suggest the involvement of p29 in the DNA damage responses and Fanconi anemia pathway. ..
- Hung T, Chen S, Li M, Yeh Y, Hsieh T. Differential effects of concomitant use of vitamins C and E on trophoblast apoptosis and autophagy between normoxia and hypoxia-reoxygenation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12202 pubmed publisher..These changes may probably lead to the impairment of placental function and suboptimal growth of the fetus. ..
- Chou J, Lai S, Pan S, Jow G, Chern J, Guh J. Investigation of anticancer mechanism of thiadiazole-based compound in human non-small cell lung cancer A549 cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;66:115-24 pubmed..It induced the early-phase apoptosis in A549 cells via the Bcl-X(L) down-regulation, and that of the late-phase through up-regulation of Bax expression as well as inhibition of Akt/PKB activation. ..
- Tsao P, Su Y, Li H, Huang P, Chien C, Lai Y, et al. Overexpression of placenta growth factor contributes to the pathogenesis of pulmonary emphysema. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2004;169:505-11 pubmed..Our study suggests that PlGF plays an important role in the pathogenesis of pulmonary emphysema via its action on type II pneumocytes. ..
- Yu S, Chen T, Chen Y. Apoptosis and necrosis are involved in the toxicity of Sauropus androgynus in an in vitro study. J Formos Med Assoc. 2007;106:537-47 pubmed..More evidence is needed to clarify if necrosis and apoptosis are also related to the pathogenesis of SA-associated obliterative bronchiolitis. ..
- Wu C, Sheu M, Tsai K, Weng T, Chiang C, Liu S. The role of endoplasmic reticulum stress-related unfolded protein response in the radiocontrast medium-induced renal tubular cell injury. Toxicol Sci. 2010;114:295-301 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that GRP78/eIF2alpha-related signals play a protective role during UPR, and the activation of ER stress-related UPR may play an important regulative role in urografin-induced renal tubular injury. ..
- Chiu W, Shen S, Yang L, Chow J, Wu C, Chen Y. Inhibition of HSP90-dependent telomerase activity in amyloid ?-induced apoptosis of cerebral endothelial cells. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2041-51 pubmed publisher..The data of the present study firstly demonstrates that telomerase inhibition contributes to the apoptosis induction of A? in CECs. ..
- Ho T, Chen S, Shih S, Chang S, Yang S, Hsieh J, et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) promotes tumor cell death by inducing macrophage membrane tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35943-54 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a novel mechanism for the tumoricidal activity of PEDF, which involves tumor cell killing via PPAR?-mediated TRAIL induction in macrophages. ..
- Chien C, Yao J, Chang S, Lee P, Lee T. Enhanced suppression of tumor growth by concomitant treatment of human lung cancer cells with suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid and arsenic trioxide. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;257:59-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that SAHA may cause chromatin relaxation and increase cellular susceptibility to ATO-induced DNA damage. Combined administration of SAHA and ATO may be an effective approach to the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Chen P, Wang C, Hsia C, Ho M, Chen A, Tseng M, et al. Impact of taxol on dermal papilla cells--a proteomics and bioinformatics analysis. J Proteomics. 2011;74:2760-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this biochemical, proteomics, and bioinformatics data may give an insight into pathophysiology of taxol-induced damage in DP cells and shed light on mechanisms underlying taxol-induced alopecia. ..
- Hsu Y, Sheu J, Lin C, Yang D, Hsiao G, Ou G, et al. Trichostatin A and sirtinol suppressed survivin expression through AMPK and p38MAPK in HT29 colon cancer cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1820:104-15 pubmed publisher..p63 and Sp1 may also contribute to TSA and sirtinol actions. This study delineates, in part, the underlying mechanisms of TSA and sirtinol in decreasing survivin expression and subsequent colon cancer cell viability. ..
- Wu C, Lu K, Lin G, Hsieh H, Chu P, Lin S, et al. Melatonin enhances endogenous heme oxygenase-1 and represses immune responses to ameliorate experimental murine membranous nephropathy. J Pineal Res. 2012;52:460-9 pubmed publisher..Melatonin should be considered a potential therapeutic intervention for MN in the future. ..
- Li C, Chu C, Huang L, Wang M, Sheu L, Yeh J, et al. Synergistic anticancer activity of triptolide combined with cisplatin enhances apoptosis in gastric cancer in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Lett. 2012;319:203-213 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that lower concentrations of cisplatin and triptolide used in combination may produce a synergistic anticancer effect that warrants further investigation for its potential clinical applications. ..
- Chang H, Chou C, Chen I, Liang W, Kuo D, Huang J, et al. Mechanisms of resveratrol-induced changes in [Ca(2+)]i and cell viability in PC3 human prostate cancer cells. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2013;33:298-303 pubmed publisher..Resveratrol at 1-10?µM also caused Ca(2+)-dependent cell proliferation. ..
- Hsia K, Liu C, Mar K, Lin L, Lin C, Cheng M, et al. Impact of apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1/redox factor-1 on treatment response and survival in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Head Neck. 2016;38:550-9 pubmed publisher..Elevated APE1/Ref-1 expression may be used to predict poor survival and may confer chemoresistance in OSCC. ..
- Chen T, Yu M, Chien C, Wu M, Lee Y, Chen Y. Nilotinib reduced the viability of human ovarian cancer cells via mitochondria-dependent apoptosis, independent of JNK activation. Toxicol In Vitro. 2016;31:1-11 pubmed publisher..The evidence supporting AMN effectively reducing the viability of human ovarian cancer cells via mitochondrion-dependent apoptosis is provided. ..
- Yang A, Chen J, Chen B. The dysregulated glomerular cell growth in Denys-Drash syndrome. Virchows Arch. 2004;445:305-14 pubmed..This novel concept of DDS glomerulopathy implies complex molecular mechanisms involved in glomerular injury...
- Liu C, Wang C, Wang F, Huang H, Chuang H, Chen R, et al. Higher spontaneous and TNFalpha-induced apoptosis of neonatal blood granulocytes. Pediatr Res. 2005;58:132-7 pubmed..Results from this study suggest that higher plasma death ligands associated with lower anti-apoptotic molecules in granulocytes may act an important role in triggering neonatal granulocyte apoptosis. ..
- Chang C, Tsai L, Chen S, Yuan C, Hung M, Hsieh B, et al. Radioimmunotherapy and apoptotic induction on CK19-overexpressing human cervical carcinoma cells with Re-188-mAbCx-99. Anticancer Res. 2005;25:2719-28 pubmed..The therapeutic effect of Re-188-mAbCx-99 was verified through apoptosis on targeting the enriched Ck19 protein of carcinoma cells. ..
- Chang H, Jeng C, Lin C, Liu J, Chang C, Tsai Y, et al. The involvement of Fas/FasL interaction in porcine circovirus type 2 and porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus co-inoculation-associated lymphocyte apoptosis in vitro. Vet Microbiol. 2007;122:72-82 pubmed
- Huang T, Huang H, Chang C, Chang H, Ou C, Hsu C, et al. An apoptosis-related gene network induced by novel compound-cRGD in human breast cancer cells. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:3517-22 pubmed..This study provides a molecular explanation of cRGD treatment in breast cancer cells and set forth a constructive far-reaching impact on breast cancer therapy. ..
- Lee W, Liu F, Lin J, Huang S, Lin H, Liao W, et al. JAK pathway induction of c-Myc critical to IL-5 stimulation of cell proliferation and inhibition of apoptosis. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:929-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that IL-5 induces cell proliferation and anti-apoptosis through the JAK/c-Myc pathway, and that JAK1 and JAK2 activation participate in IL-5-induced up-regulation of c-Myc. ..
- Chen J, Wu K, Chiu I, Tsou T, Chou C. Acrylamide-induced astrogliotic and apoptotic responses in human astrocytoma cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2009;23:855-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, ACR-induced effects can be seen in neuronal and astrocytic cells. These results suggest that ACR exposure may lead to apoptotic and astrogliotic effects in human astrocytoma cells in vitro in a time- and dose-dependent manner. ..
- Chen C, Hsiao C, Lee S, Guh J, Chiang P, Huang C, et al. Chemical modification and anticancer effect of prenylated flavanones from Taiwanese propolis. Nat Prod Res. 2012;26:116-24 pubmed publisher..This suggests that prenylated flavanones 10c, 11 and 12 may have anticancer potential for further development. ..
- Wang H, Liu C, Tsai T, Chen Y, Chang H, Tsai C, et al. Effect of obesity reduction on preservation of heart function and attenuation of left ventricular remodeling, oxidative stress and inflammation in obese mice. J Transl Med. 2012;10:145 pubmed publisher..001). Impaired LVEF, enhanced LV remodeling, inflammation, fibrosis, oxidative stress and apoptosis were reversed by reduction in mouse obesity. ..
- Lin S, Lee Y, Wang J, Miller S, Chiou S, Hung M, et al. Survival of cancer stem cells under hypoxia and serum depletion via decrease in PP2A activity and activation of p38-MAPKAPK2-Hsp27. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49605 pubmed publisher..Thus, activation of PP2A or inactivation of the p38MAPK-MAPKAPK2-Hsp27 pathway may develop new strategies for cancer therapy by suppression of their TIC population. ..
- Cheng C, Lin H, Lai I, Lai H. Ischemic postconditioning attenuate reperfusion injury of small intestine: impact of mitochondrial permeability transition. Transplantation. 2013;95:559-65 pubmed publisher..IPoC and NIM811 attenuate intestinal I/R injury. The addition of CATR negated the effects of IPoC, indicating that the protective mechanism of IPoC was associated with the modulation of mPTP opening. ..
- Hsiao S, Chen M, Chen C, Chien M, Hua K, Hsiao M, et al. The H3K9 Methyltransferase G9a Represses E-cadherin and is Associated with Myometrial Invasion in Endometrial Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S1556-65 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic investigations suggest that E-cadherin repression mediates the effects of G9a. Targeting G9a-mediated epigenetic pathway dysregulation may be a therapeutic strategy for endometrial cancers. ..
- Kuo L, Huang C, Cheng W, Hung C, Wu C, Lin F, et al. Glucose-regulated protein 78 mediates the anticancer efficacy of shikonin in hormone-refractory prostate cancer cells. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:5063-70 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with the increased sensitivity to shikonin after knockdown of GRP78. GRP78 expression may determine the therapeutic efficacy of shikonin against prostate cancer cells. ..
- Liu C, Hu M, Hsu C, Huang C, Wang D, Tsai W, et al. Lapatinib inhibits CIP2A/PP2A/p-Akt signaling and induces apoptosis in triple negative breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:9135-49 pubmed publisher..In addition to being a dual tyrosine kinase inhibitor of HER2 and EGFR, lapatinib also inhibits CIP2A/PP2A/p-Akt signaling in TNBC cells. ..
- Chiou S, Liu J, Hsu W, Chen S, Chang S, Juan L, et al. Up-regulation of Fas ligand expression by human cytomegalovirus immediate-early gene product 2: a novel mechanism in cytomegalovirus-induced apoptosis in human retina. J Immunol. 2001;167:4098-103 pubmed
- Chiou S, Liu J, Chen S, Liu W, Lin J, Wong W, et al. Apoptosis of human retina and retinal pigment cells induced by human cytomegalovirus infection. Ophthalmic Res. 2002;34:77-82 pubmed..These results strongly suggest the fundamental role of HCMV-induced apoptosis in mediating cell death in infected human retina and retinal pigment epithelium cells to make severe visual impairment. ..
- Cheng P, Chang M, Chao C, Lee Y. Hepatitis C viral proteins interact with Smad3 and differentially regulate TGF-beta/Smad3-mediated transcriptional activation. Oncogene. 2004;23:7821-38 pubmed..This functional counteraction of TGF-beta responses provides insights into possible mechanisms, whereby the HCV oncogenic proteins antagonize the host defenses during hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Huang H, Chen C, Yeh C, Huang R. Reactive oxygen species mediation of baizhu-induced apoptosis in human leukemia cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;97:21-9 pubmed..All these data indicate that Baizhu is a possible anti-tumor agent that induces apoptosis of human leukemia cells through ROS generation. ..
- Kuo C, Chi C, Liu T. Modulation of apoptosis by berberine through inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 and Mcl-1 expression in oral cancer cells. In Vivo. 2005;19:247-52 pubmed..These results suggest that berberine-induced apoptosis might be COX-2-dependent and is related to decreased Akt phosphorylation and Mcl-1 expression. ..
- Chen G, Lee J, Tang H, Debnath J, Thomas S, Settleman J. Genetic interactions between Drosophila melanogaster Atg1 and paxillin reveal a role for paxillin in autophagosome formation. Autophagy. 2008;4:37-45 pubmed..Together, these findings reveal a novel evolutionarily conserved role for paxillin in autophagy. ..
- Weng L, Wang C, Ko J, Sun Y, Su Y, Wang F. Inflammation induction of Dickkopf-1 mediates chondrocyte apoptosis in osteoarthritic joint. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2009;17:933-43 pubmed publisher..Chondrocyte apoptosis correlates with joint OA. Expression of DKK1 contributes to cartilage deterioration and is a potent factor in OA pathogenesis. Attenuating DKK1 may reduce cartilage deterioration in OA. ..
- Lin K, Su J, Chien C, Tseng C, Chen Y, Chang L, et al. Naphtho[1,2-b]furan-4,5-dione induces apoptosis and S-phase arrest of MDA-MB-231 cells through JNK and ERK signaling activation. Toxicol In Vitro. 2010;24:61-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that JNK and ERK-signaling pathways play important roles in NFD-mediated S-phase arrest and apoptosis of MDA-MB-231 cells. ..
- Cheng S, Yin P, Chang Y, Lee C, Huang S, Chi C. Differential roles of leptin in regulating cell migration in thyroid cancer cells. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:1721-7 pubmed..In summary, our study suggests that leptin modulates cell migration of thyroid cancer cells in a cell type-specific manner...
- Tiao M, Lin T, Chen J, Liou C, Wang P, Huang C, et al. Dexamethasone decreases cholestatic liver injury via inhibition of intrinsic pathway with simultaneous enhancement of mitochondrial biogenesis. Steroids. 2011;76:660-6 pubmed publisher..Early glucocorticoids treatment can enhance the mitochondrial biogenesis and modulate the intrinsic but not extrinsic pathway of apoptosis following BDL. ..
- Wu J, Chien C, Yang L, Huang G, Cheng M, Lin C, et al. Vitamin K3-2,3-epoxide induction of apoptosis with activation of ROS-dependent ERK and JNK protein phosphorylation in human glioma cells. Chem Biol Interact. 2011;193:3-11 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that 2,3-epoxide substitution significantly potentiates the apoptotic effect of vitamin K3 via stimulating ROS production, which may be useful in the chemotherapy of glioblastoma cells. ..
- Hung C, Hsu B, Chang S, Chen B. Antiproliferation of melanoma cells by polysaccharide isolated from Zizyphus jujuba. Nutrition. 2012;28:98-105 pubmed publisher..This outcome suggested that DPP may be used as a potential anti-skin cancer agent for further in vivo and clinical trial experiments. ..
- Lai C, Tsai A, Chen M, Chang L, Sun H, Chang Y, et al. Aciculatin induces p53-dependent apoptosis via MDM2 depletion in human cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42192 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicate that aciculatin treatment induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis via inhibition of MDM2 expression, thereby inducing p53 accumulation without significant DNA damage and genome toxicity. ..
- Chang V, Yang D, Lin H, Pearce G, Ryan C, Chen Y. IbACP, a sixteen-amino-acid peptide isolated from Ipomoea batatas leaves, induces carcinoma cell apoptosis. Peptides. 2013;47:148-56 pubmed publisher..This report also showed that IbACP peptide contains potent anti-cancer effects and may play an important role in herbal medicine development. ..
- Shiu T, Huang S, Shih Y, Chu H, Chang W, Hsieh T. Hepatitis C virus core protein down-regulates p21(Waf1/Cip1) and inhibits curcumin-induced apoptosis through microRNA-345 targeting in human hepatoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61089 pubmed publisher..It is the first time that HCV core protein has ever been shown to suppress p21(Waf1/Cip1) gene expression through miR-345 targeting. ..
- Fang I, Yang C, Yang C, Chiou S, Chen M. Transplantation of induced pluripotent stem cells without C-Myc attenuates retinal ischemia and reperfusion injury in rats. Exp Eye Res. 2013;113:49-59 pubmed publisher..Non-c-Myc iPSC transplantation attenuated retinal I/R injury, possibly via a mechanism involving the regulation of oxidative parameters and paracrinal secretion of trophic factors. ..
- Liu M, Bamodu O, Huang W, Zucha M, Lin Y, Wu A, et al. 4-Acetylantroquinonol B suppresses autophagic flux and improves cisplatin sensitivity in highly aggressive epithelial cancer through the PI3K/Akt/mTOR/p70S6K signaling pathway. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;325:48-60 pubmed publisher..We believe these findings will be beneficial in the development of a novel anti-ovarian cancer therapeutic strategy. ..
- Kung J, Beller D, Ju S. Lymphokine regulation of activation-induced apoptosis in T cells of IL-2 and IL-2R beta knockout mice. Cell Immunol. 1998;185:158-63 pubmed
- Hung L, Chen H, Chang C, Li B, Tang T. Identification of a novel microtubule-destabilizing motif in CPAP that binds to tubulin heterodimers and inhibits microtubule assembly. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2697-706 pubmed..The possible mechanisms of how this 112-residue motif in CPAP that inhibits microtubule nucleation from the centrosome and disassembles preformed microtubules are discussed. ..