Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on apoptosis in Denmark
Publications141 found, 100 shown here
- Müller G, Geist M, Veng L, Willesen M, Johansen F, Leist M, et al. A role for mixed lineage kinases in granule cell apoptosis induced by cytoskeletal disruption. J Neurochem. 2006;96:1242-52 pubmed..We conclude that colchicine-induced neuronal apoptosis involves the JNK/MLK pathway, and that protection of granule cells can be achieved by MLK inhibition. ..
- Penkowa M, Tio L, Giralt M, Quintana A, Molinero A, Atrian S, et al. Specificity and divergence in the neurobiologic effects of different metallothioneins after brain injury. J Neurosci Res. 2006;83:974-84 pubmed..the MT-I&II isoforms that are consistent with those attributed to the endogenous proteins, and confirm the suitability of recombinant synthesis for future therapeutic use that may become relevant to clinical neurology. ..
- Birkenkamp Demtroder K, Mansilla F, Sørensen F, Kruhøffer M, Cabezon T, Christensen L, et al. Phosphoprotein Keratin 23 accumulates in MSS but not MSI colon cancers in vivo and impacts viability and proliferation in vitro. Mol Oncol. 2007;1:181-95 pubmed publisher..Keratin23 expression correlated significantly with transcription factor CEBPB. In conclusion, Keratin23 expression is a novel and important difference between microsatellite-stable and microsatellite-instable colon cancers. ..
- Beer C, Foldbjerg R, Hayashi Y, Sutherland D, Autrup H. Toxicity of silver nanoparticles - nanoparticle or silver ion?. Toxicol Lett. 2012;208:286-92 pubmed publisher..5%) the AgNPs did not add measurable additional toxicity to the AgNP suspension, whereas at low silver ion fractions (?2.6%) AgNP suspensions are more toxic than their supernatant. ..
- Nguyen D, Jiang P, Stensballe A, Bendixen E, Sangild P, Chatterton D. Bovine lactoferrin regulates cell survival, apoptosis and inflammation in intestinal epithelial cells and preterm pig intestine. J Proteomics. 2016;139:95-102 pubmed publisher..Results from this study urge neonatologists to carefully consider the dose of bLF to supplement into infant formula used for preterm neonates. ..
- Foghsgaard L, Wissing D, Mauch D, Lademann U, Bastholm L, Boes M, et al. Cathepsin B acts as a dominant execution protease in tumor cell apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factor. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:999-1010 pubmed..These data imply that cathepsin B, which is commonly overexpressed in human primary tumors, may have two opposing roles in malignancy, reducing it by its proapoptotic features and enhancing it by its known facilitation of invasion. ..
- Fehrenbacher N, Gyrd Hansen M, Poulsen B, Felbor U, Kallunki T, Boes M, et al. Sensitization to the lysosomal cell death pathway upon immortalization and transformation. Cancer Res. 2004;64:5301-10 pubmed..Thus, tumorigenesis-associated changes in lysosomes may counteract cancer progression and enhance therapeutic responses by sensitizing cells to programmed cell death. ..
- Schauser K, Olsen J, Larsson L. Salmonella typhimurium infection in the porcine intestine: evidence for caspase-3-dependent and -independent programmed cell death. Histochem Cell Biol. 2005;123:43-50 pubmed..Some, but not all, TUNEL-positive cells were also positive for caspase-3, indicating that both caspase-3-dependent and -independent pathways of PCD increased upon infection. ..
- Karlsen A, Størling Z, Sparre T, Larsen M, Mahmood A, Størling J, et al. Immune-mediated beta-cell destruction in vitro and in vivo-A pivotal role for galectin-3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;344:406-15 pubmed..In summary, combined proteome-transcriptome-genome and functional analyses identify gal-3 as a candidate gene/protein in T1D susceptibility that may prove valuable in future intervention/prevention strategies. ..
- Schou K, Schneider L, Christensen S, Hoffmann E. Early-stage apoptosis is associated with DNA-damage-independent ATM phosphorylation and chromatin decondensation in NIH3T3 fibroblasts. Cell Biol Int. 2008;32:107-13 pubmed..e., by loss of dense foci of constitutive heterochromatin. These results suggest that chromatin is decondensed and that ATM is activated independently of DNA damage signaling pathways during the very early stages of apoptosis. ..
- Johansen C, Vestergaard C, Kragballe K, Kollias G, Gaestel M, Iversen L. MK2 regulates the early stages of skin tumor promotion. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:2100-8 pubmed publisher..These results also identify MK2 as a putative target for future skin carcinoma therapy. ..
- Berchtold L, Størling Z, Ortis F, Lage K, Bang Berthelsen C, Bergholdt R, et al. Huntingtin-interacting protein 14 is a type 1 diabetes candidate protein regulating insulin secretion and beta-cell apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:E681-8 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that the current network biology approach is a valid method to identify genes of importance for T1D and may therefore embody the basis for more rational and targeted therapeutic approaches. ..
- Ale M, Maruyama H, Tamauchi H, Mikkelsen J, Meyer A. Fucose-containing sulfated polysaccharides from brown seaweeds inhibit proliferation of melanoma cells and induce apoptosis by activation of caspase-3 in vitro. Mar Drugs. 2011;9:2605-21 pubmed publisher..vesiculosus). This study thus indicates that unfractionated FCSPs may exert bioactive effects on skin cancer cells via induction of apoptosis through cascades of reactions that involve activation of caspase-3...
- Kahns S, Lykkebo S, Jakobsen L, Nielsen M, Jensen P. Caspase-mediated parkin cleavage in apoptotic cell death. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:15303-8 pubmed..This suggests that parkin function is compromised in neuropathological states associated with an increased caspase activation, thereby further adding to the cellular stress. ..
- Tørring N, Dagnaes Hansen F, Sørensen B, Nexø E, Hynes N. ErbB1 and prostate cancer: ErbB1 activity is essential for androgen-induced proliferation and protection from the apoptotic effects of LY294002. Prostate. 2003;56:142-9 pubmed
- Liang X, Grue Sørensen G, Månsson K, Vedsø P, Soor A, Stahlhut M, et al. Syntheses, biological evaluation and SAR of ingenol mebutate analogues for treatment of actinic keratosis and non-melanoma skin cancer. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:5624-9 pubmed publisher..We were able to find analogues of ingenol mebutate with comparable in vitro properties. Some key features for potent and more stable ingenol derivatives have been identified. ..
- Bladt T, Dürr C, Knudsen P, Kildgaard S, Frisvad J, Gotfredsen C, et al. Bio-activity and dereplication-based discovery of ophiobolins and other fungal secondary metabolites targeting leukemia cells. Molecules. 2013;18:14629-50 pubmed publisher..The known compounds penicillic acid, viridicatumtoxin, calbistrin A, brefeldin A, emestrin A, and neosolaniol monoacetate were identified from the extracts and also found generally cytotoxic. ..
- Lotharius J, Falsig J, van Beek J, Payne S, Dringen R, Brundin P, et al. Progressive degeneration of human mesencephalic neuron-derived cells triggered by dopamine-dependent oxidative stress is dependent on the mixed-lineage kinase pathway. J Neurosci. 2005;25:6329-42 pubmed
- French J, Johnatty S, Lu Y, Beesley J, Gao B, Kalimutho M, et al. Germline polymorphisms in an enhancer of PSIP1 are associated with progression-free survival in epithelial ovarian cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6353-68 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that the minor allele of rs7874043 confers poor PFS by increasing PSIP1 expression. ..
- Mikkelsen A, Høst E, Blaabjerg J, Lindenberg S. Time interval between FSH priming and aspiration of immature human oocytes for in-vitro maturation: a prospective randomized study. Reprod Biomed Online. 2003;6:416-20 pubmed..The difference was not significant. This randomized study showed no difference in apoptosis of granulosa cells and no difference in developmental competence of oocytes obtained after coasting for 3 days compared with 2 days coasting. ..
- Nørgaard J, Sørensen A, Sørensen M, Andersen J, Sejrsen K. Mammary cell turnover and enzyme activity in dairy cows: effects of milking frequency and diet energy density. J Dairy Sci. 2005;88:975-82 pubmed
- Andersen S, Rosada C, Dagnaes Hansen F, Laugesen I, de Darkó E, Dam T, et al. Topical application of valrubicin has a beneficial effect on developing skin tumors. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:1483-90 pubmed publisher..Apoptosis was significantly increased in SCC cells but unchanged in the treated mouse skin at study completion. This study demonstrated that topical application of valrubicin has a beneficial effect in treating developing skin tumors. ..
- Grimm D, Wehland M, Pietsch J, Infanger M, Bauer J. Drugs interfering with apoptosis in breast cancer. Curr Pharm Des. 2011;17:272-83 pubmed..Their function will be explained, their role in tumor biology and actual clinical studies will be discussed. ..
- Magnusson N, Cardozo A, Kruhøffer M, Eizirik D, Ørntoft T, Jensen J. Construction and validation of the APOCHIP, a spotted oligo-microarray for the study of beta-cell apoptosis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:311 pubmed..The APOCHIP is available to the scientific community and is a useful tool to study the molecular mechanisms regulating beta-cell apoptosis. ..
- Jensen H, Andresen L, Hansen K, Skov S. Cell-surface expression of Hsp70 on hematopoietic cancer cells after inhibition of HDAC activity. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;86:923-32 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that inhibition of HDAC activity selectively induces surface expression of Hsp70 on hematopoietic cancer cells and that this may increase immunorecognition of these cells. ..
- Dalgaard M, Nellemann C, Lam H, Sørensen I, Ladefoged O. The acute effects of mono(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (MEHP) on testes of prepubertal Wistar rats. Toxicol Lett. 2001;122:69-79 pubmed..Vimentin localisation in the Sertoli cells, and increased levels of caspase-3 activity appear to be sensitive and early markers of MEHP testis toxicity. ..
- Karlsen A, Heding P, Frobøse H, Rønn S, Kruhøffer M, Orntoft T, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signalling (SOCS)-3 protects beta cells against IL-1beta-mediated toxicity through inhibition of multiple nuclear factor-kappaB-regulated proapoptotic pathways. Diabetologia. 2004;47:1998-2011 pubmed
- Skov S, Pedersen M, Andresen L, Straten P, Woetmann A, Odum N. Cancer cells become susceptible to natural killer cell killing after exposure to histone deacetylase inhibitors due to glycogen synthase kinase-3-dependent expression of MHC class I-related chain A and B. Cancer Res. 2005;65:11136-45 pubmed..We thus present evidence that cancer cells which survive the direct induction of cell death by HDAC inhibitors become targets for NKG2D-expressing cells like NK cells, gammadelta T cells, and CD8 T cells. ..
- Byla P, Andersen M, Holtet T, Jacobsen H, Munch M, Gad H, et al. Selection of a novel and highly specific tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha) antagonist: insight from the crystal structure of the antagonist-TNFalpha complex. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12096-100 pubmed publisher..Thus, the overall integrity of the C-type lectin-like domain is maintained, whereas specificity and binding affinity are changed by the introduction of a number of specific contacts with TNFalpha. ..
- Prause M, Mayer C, Brorsson C, Frederiksen K, Billestrup N, Størling J, et al. JNK1 Deficient Insulin-Producing Cells Are Protected against Interleukin-1β-Induced Apoptosis Associated with Abrogated Myc Expression. J Diabetes Res. 2016;2016:1312705 pubmed publisher..These findings underline the importance of differentiated targeting of JNK subtypes in the development of inflammatory β-cell failure and destruction. ..
- ..This article summarizes our current knowledge on lysosomal cell death with an emphasis on the upstream mechanisms that lead to lysosomal membrane permeabilization...
- Christensen C, Guldberg P. Growth factors rescue cutaneous melanoma cells from apoptosis induced by knockdown of mutated (V 600 E) B-RAF. Oncogene. 2005;24:6292-302 pubmed..The ability of growth factors to modulate the response of (V 600 E)B-RAF knockdown in melanoma cells may have both experimental and therapeutic implications. ..
- Kofod Olsen E, Ross Hansen K, Schleimann M, Jensen D, Møller J, Bundgaard B, et al. U20 is responsible for human herpesvirus 6B inhibition of tumor necrosis factor receptor-dependent signaling and apoptosis. J Virol. 2012;86:11483-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an important novel function of U20 as a viral immune evasion protein during HHV-6B infection. ..
- Dethlefsen C, Hansen L, Lillelund C, Andersen C, Gehl J, Christensen J, et al. Exercise-Induced Catecholamines Activate the Hippo Tumor Suppressor Pathway to Reduce Risks of Breast Cancer Development. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4894-4904 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings offer a mechanistic explanation for exercise-dependent suppression of breast cancer cell growth. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4894-904. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Størling J, Allaman Pillet N, Karlsen A, Billestrup N, Bonny C, Mandrup Poulsen T. Antitumorigenic effect of proteasome inhibitors on insulinoma cells. Endocrinology. 2005;146:1718-26 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that proteasome inhibitors possess antitumorigenic and antiinsulinogenic effects on insulinoma cells. ..
- Hadrup N, Loeschner K, Mortensen A, Sharma A, Qvortrup K, Larsen E, et al. The similar neurotoxic effects of nanoparticulate and ionic silver in vivo and in vitro. Neurotoxicology. 2012;33:416-23 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ionic silver and a 14 nm AgNP preparation have similar neurotoxic effects; a possible explanation for this could be the release and action of ionic silver from the surface of AgNPs. ..
- Gjørret J, Wengle J, Maddox Hyttel P, King W. Chronological appearance of apoptosis in bovine embryos reconstructed by somatic cell nuclear transfer from quiescent granulosa cells. Reprod Domest Anim. 2005;40:210-6 pubmed
- Tonnesen M, Grunnet L, Friberg J, Cardozo A, Billestrup N, Eizirik D, et al. Inhibition of nuclear factor-kappaB or Bax prevents endoplasmic reticulum stress- but not nitric oxide-mediated apoptosis in INS-1E cells. Endocrinology. 2009;150:4094-103 pubmed publisher..In contrast to NO, direct ER stress induced by SERCA inhibition causes activation of ER stress signaling pathways and elicit proapoptotic signaling via NFkappaB and Bax. ..
- Borch J, Dalgaard M, Ladefoged O. Early testicular effects in rats perinatally exposed to DEHP in combination with DEHA--apoptosis assessment and immunohistochemical studies. Reprod Toxicol. 2005;19:517-25 pubmed..No differences between DEHP and DEHP+DEHA exposed groups were observed. ..
- Specht I, Hougaard K, Spano M, Bizzaro D, Manicardi G, Lindh C, et al. Sperm DNA integrity in relation to exposure to environmental perfluoroalkyl substances - a study of spouses of pregnant women in three geographical regions. Reprod Toxicol. 2012;33:577-583 pubmed publisher..Thus, consistent evidence that PFAS exposure interferes with sperm DNA fragmentation, apoptosis or reproductive hormones was not found. ..
- Tarabykina S, Mollerup J, Winding P, Berchtold M. ALG-2, a multifunctional calcium binding protein?. Front Biosci. 2004;9:1817-32 pubmed..Special focus is given to controversial data on expression and localization of ALG-2, which is mainly caused by the use of ALG-2 antibodies with different specificities. ..
- Schmidt Hansen B, Klingelhofer J, Grum Schwensen B, Christensen A, Andresen S, Kruse C, et al. Functional significance of metastasis-inducing S100A4(Mts1) in tumor-stroma interplay. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24498-504 pubmed..In conclusion, our results indicate that metastasis-inducing S100A4 protein plays a pivotal role in the tumor-stroma environment. S100A4 released either by tumor or stroma cells triggers pro-metastatic cascades in tumor cells. ..
- Rasmussen J, Frøbert O, Pilgaard L, Kastrup J, Simonsen U, Zachar V, et al. Prolonged hypoxic culture and trypsinization increase the pro-angiogenic potential of human adipose tissue-derived stem cells. Cytotherapy. 2011;13:318-28 pubmed publisher..We have demonstrated that prolonged hypoxic culture and trypsinization augment the therapeutic angiogenic potential of ASC. ..
- Kaur S, Mirza A, Brorsson C, FlÃ¸yel T, StÃ¸rling J, Mortensen H, et al. The genetic and regulatory architecture of ERBB3-type 1 diabetes susceptibility locus. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;419:83-91 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests an important functional role of ERBB3 and its potential regulators in the Î²-cells and may constitute novel targets to prevent Î²-cell destruction in T1D. ..
- Berchtold L, Prause M, Størling J, Mandrup Poulsen T. Cytokines and Pancreatic ?-Cell Apoptosis. Adv Clin Chem. 2016;75:99-158 pubmed publisher..Although there are still scarce human data, the cellular and preclinical studies point to the caspase-dependent intrinsic apoptosis pathway as the prime effector of inflammatory ?-cell apoptosis. ..
- Skov S, Bregenholt S, Claesson M. MHC class I ligation of human T cells activates the ZAP70 and p56lck tyrosine kinases, leads to an alternative phenotype of the TCR/CD3 zeta-chain, and induces apoptosis. J Immunol. 1997;158:3189-96 pubmed
- Nielsen C. Circulating microparticles in systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Dan Med J. 2012;59:B4548 pubmed..Accordingly, further characterization of the proteome and functional properties of SLE-MPs seem highly warranted in future studies. ..
- Jørgensen A, Wiencke A, La Cour M, Kaestel C, Madsen H, Hamann S, et al. Human retinal pigment epithelial cell-induced apoptosis in activated T cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1998;39:1590-9 pubmed..Retinal pigment epithelial cells may constitute an immunologic functional barrier against potentially harmful T cells. ..
- Kragh C, Lund L, Febbraro F, Hansen H, Gai W, El Agnaf O, et al. Alpha-synuclein aggregation and Ser-129 phosphorylation-dependent cell death in oligodendroglial cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:10211-22 pubmed publisher..Hence, the model predicts that both Ser-129 phosphorylation and aggregation control the toxic alpha-syn pathway in oligodendroglial cells and may represent therapeutic intervention points in multiple system atrophy. ..
- Bille M, Thomsen B, Kjaer I. Apoptosis in the human periodontal membrane evaluated in primary and permanent teeth. Acta Odontol Scand. 2011;69:385-8 pubmed publisher..Apoptosis seen in close proximity to the root surface presumably corresponds to the highly innervated layer of the periodontal membrane. The function of this layer still needs to be elucidated. ..
- Dobbelstein M, Strano S, Roth J, Blandino G. p73-induced apoptosis: a question of compartments and cooperation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;331:688-93 pubmed..Here, we discuss the possibility that the compartmentalization of p73, and the cooperation with the corresponding binding partners, might decide about its apoptosis-inducing activity. ..
- Davidsen M, Würtz S, Rømer M, Sørensen N, Johansen S, Christensen I, et al. TIMP-1 gene deficiency increases tumour cell sensitivity to chemotherapy-induced apoptosis. Br J Cancer. 2006;95:1114-20 pubmed
- Sølling C, Nygaard U, Christensen A, Wogensen L, Krog J, Tønnesen E. Lymphocyte apoptosis is resistant to erythropoietin in porcine endotoxemia. APMIS. 2011;119:143-54 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, EPO did not modify the LPS-induced changes of MNC subsets or mitigate the levels of apoptosis of MNCs in the blood or in the spleen. This study does not support that EPO confers protection against lymphocyte apoptosis. ..
- Berchtold M, Villalobo A. The many faces of calmodulin in cell proliferation, programmed cell death, autophagy, and cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:398-435 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the potential targeting of CaM-dependent signaling processes for therapeutic use is discussed. ..
- Sorensen B, Rao L, Tornehave D, Gammeltoft S, Petersen L. Antiapoptotic effect of coagulation factor VIIa. Blood. 2003;102:1708-15 pubmed..In conclusion, FVIIa binding to TF provided protection against apoptosis induced by growth factor deprivation, primarily through activation of PI3-kinase/Akt pathway, and to a lesser extent, p44/42 MAPK pathway. ..
- Andersen M, Nygaard J, Burns J, Raarup M, Nyengaard J, Bunger C, et al. siRNA nanoparticle functionalization of nanostructured scaffolds enables controlled multilineage differentiation of stem cells. Mol Ther. 2010;18:2018-27 pubmed publisher..As a consequence of this, we predict that complex tissues and organs can be engineered by the in situ development of multiple cell types guided by spatially restricted nanoparticles. ..
- Bregenholt S, Petersen T, Claesson M. The majority of lamina propria CD4(+) T-cells from scid mice with colitis undergo Fas-mediated apoptosis in vivo. Immunol Lett. 2001;78:7-12 pubmed
- Maddox Hyttell P, Gjørret J, Vajta G, Alexopoulos N, Lewis I, Trounson A, et al. Morphological assessment of preimplantation embryo quality in cattle. Reprod Suppl. 2003;61:103-16 pubmed
- Long M, Stronati A, Bizzaro D, Krüger T, Manicardi G, Hjelmborg P, et al. Relation between serum xenobiotic-induced receptor activities and sperm DNA damage and sperm apoptotic markers in European and Inuit populations. Reproduction. 2007;133:517-30 pubmed..Further research must elucidate whether altered receptor activities in concerted action with genetic and/or nutrient factors may have protecting effect on sperm DNA damage of the Inuit population. ..
- Falborg L, Waehrens L, Alsner J, Bluhme H, Frøkiaer J, Heegaard C, et al. Biodistribution of 99mTc-HYNIC-lactadherin in mice--a potential tracer for visualizing apoptosis in vivo. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2010;70:209-16 pubmed publisher..The small renal uptake of (99m)Tc-HYNIC-lactadherin makes it possible to image apoptosis in the kidneys, but the high liver clearance may be a disadvantage during myocardial perfusion. ..
- Nolsøe R, Kelly J, Pociot F, Moser K, Kristiansen O, Mandrup Poulsen T, et al. Functional promoter haplotypes of the human FAS gene are associated with the phenotype of SLE characterized by thrombocytopenia. Genes Immun. 2005;6:699-706 pubmed..We conclude that the FAS/FASL promoter haplotypes are functional and that polymorphisms in FAS may contribute to thrombocytopenia in SLE. ..
- Aaboe M, Birkenkamp Demtroder K, Wiuf C, Sørensen F, Thykjaer T, Sauter G, et al. SOX4 expression in bladder carcinoma: clinical aspects and in vitro functional characterization. Cancer Res. 2006;66:3434-42 pubmed..The gene set identified in vitro was analyzed in the clinical bladder material and a small subset of the genes showed a high correlation to SOX4 expression. The present data suggest a role of SOX4 in the bladder cancer disease. ..
- Sejersen H, Rattan S. Glyoxal-induced premature senescence in human fibroblasts. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1100:518-23 pubmed
- Holmberg C, Helin K, Sehested M, Karlstrom O. E2F-1-induced p53-independent apoptosis in transgenic mice. Oncogene. 1998;17:143-55 pubmed..Testicular atrophy as a result of overexpression of E2F-1 and DP-1 is independent of functional p53, since p53-nullizygous transgenic mice overexpressing E2F-1 and DP-1 also suffered testicular atrophy. ..
- Knudsen A, Kannerup A, Grønbæk H, Dutoit S, Nyengaard J, Funch Jensen P, et al. Quantitative histological assessment of hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injuries following ischemic pre- and post-conditioning in the rat liver. J Surg Res. 2013;180:e11-20 pubmed publisher..After I/R, IPC and IPO reduce the degree of hepatocellular injury. Both methods are equally efficient at preventing hepatocellular necrosis. Furthermore, apoptosis is significantly lower after IPC. ..
- Knudsen P, Hanna B, Ohl S, Sellner L, Zenz T, Dohner H, et al. Chaetoglobosin A preferentially induces apoptosis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells by targeting the cytoskeleton. Leukemia. 2014;28:1289-98 pubmed publisher..Our data further revealed that ChA prevents CLL cell activation and sensitizes them for treatment with PI3K and BTK inhibitors, suggesting this compound as a novel potential drug for CLL. ..
- Ruhwald M, Pedersen A, Claesson M. MHC class I cross-talk with CD2 and CD28 induces specific intracellular signalling and leads to growth retardation and apoptosis via a p56(lck)-dependent mechanism. Exp Clin Immunogenet. 1999;16:199-211 pubmed..The results presented here provide evidence for the involvement of MHC-I molecules in the modulation of signal transduction via the CD2 and CD28 costimulatory molecules. ..
- Guerra B, Boldyreff B, Issinger O. FAS-associated factor 1 interacts with protein kinase CK2 in vivo upon apoptosis induction. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:1117-26 pubmed..The majority of CK2 subunits is found in the nucleus. FAF1 is also found in the nucleoli. The results obtained further support the view that protein kinase CK2 plays an important role in certain steps of apoptosis. ..
- Norholm M, Nour Eldin H, Brodersen P, Mundy J, Halkier B. Expression of the Arabidopsis high-affinity hexose transporter STP13 correlates with programmed cell death. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:2381-7 pubmed..A role for STP13 in PCD is supported by microarray data from e.g. plants undergoing senescence and a strong correlation between STP13 transcripts and the PCD phenotype in different accelerated cell death (acd11) mutants. ..
- Dalberg U, Markholst H, Hornum L. Both Gimap5 and the diabetogenic BBDP allele of Gimap5 induce apoptosis in T cells. Int Immunol. 2007;19:447-53 pubmed..Finally, we detected the subcellular localization of Gimap5 to be at the endoplasmic reticulum and by quantitative PCR, we found that endogenous Gimap5 mRNA is up-regulated in activated T cells...
- Yde C, Frogne T, Lykkesfeldt A, Fichtner I, Issinger O, Stenvang J. Induction of cell death in antiestrogen resistant human breast cancer cells by the protein kinase CK2 inhibitor DMAT. Cancer Lett. 2007;256:229-37 pubmed..We show that re-expression of Bcl-2 partially rescues antiestrogen resistant MCF-7 sublines from DMAT-induced cell death. In summary, our data suggest a novel role of CK2 in antiestrogen resistance. ..
- Tauris J, Gustafsen C, Christensen E, Jansen P, Nykjaer A, Nyengaard J, et al. Proneurotrophin-3 may induce Sortilin-dependent death in inner ear neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;33:622-31 pubmed publisher..However, our results suggest that proNT3 and proBDNF may play important roles in the response to noise-induced injuries or ototoxic damage via the Sortilin:p75(NTR) death-signalling complex. ..
- Bojesen K, Clausen O, Rohde K, Christensen C, Zhang L, Li S, et al. Nectin-1 binds and signals through the fibroblast growth factor receptor. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:37420-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, we constructed a peptide, nectide, by employing in silico modeling of various FGFR ligand-binding sites. Nectide mimicked all the effects of nectin-1 Ig3. We suggest that FGFR is a downstream signaling partner of nectin-1. ..
- Madsen M, Graversen J, Moestrup S. Haptoglobin and CD163: captor and receptor gating hemoglobin to macrophage lysosomes. Redox Rep. 2001;6:386-8 pubmed..g. the atherogenesis-promoting oxidation of LDL leading to foam cell formation and apoptosis in the vessel wall. ..
- Faergeman N, Knudsen J. Acyl-CoA binding protein is an essential protein in mammalian cell lines. Biochem J. 2002;368:679-82 pubmed..The results show that depletion of ACBP in mammalian cells results in lethality, suggesting that ACBP is an essential protein. ..
- Andersen U, Markholst H, Hornum L. The antiapoptotic gene Ian4l1 in the rat: genomic organization and promoter characterization. Gene. 2004;341:141-8 pubmed..The core promoter is TATA-less and initiator element-less, and contains putative binding sites for YY1, Sp1, and MED-1, the latter being an element believed to be important for transcription from TATA-less promoters. ..
- Zibert J, Løvendorf M, Litman T, Olsen J, Kaczkowski B, Skov L. MicroRNAs and potential target interactions in psoriasis. J Dermatol Sci. 2010;58:177-85 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate several novel important associations for miRNAs in psoriasis and in particular the miR-221/2-TIMP3 target interaction could among others play a role in the psoriasis pathogenesis. ..
- Eriksen K, Kaltoft K, Mikkelsen G, Nielsen M, Zhang Q, Geisler C, et al. Constitutive STAT3-activation in Sezary syndrome: tyrphostin AG490 inhibits STAT3-activation, interleukin-2 receptor expression and growth of leukemic Sezary cells. Leukemia. 2001;15:787-93 pubmed..Moreover, our findings suggest that STAT3 activation might play an important role in the constitutive IL-2Ralpha expression, survival, and growth of malignant SS cells...
- Bjørling Poulsen M, Seitz G, Guerra B, Issinger O. The pro-apoptotic FAS-associated factor 1 is specifically reduced in human gastric carcinomas. Int J Oncol. 2003;23:1015-23 pubmed..Also, the reduction of FAF1 is likely to be specific for gastric cancer, which might be due to the fact that signet ring cells are most frequently found in gastric cancers. ..
- Berge U, Kristensen P, Rattan S. Kinetin-induced differentiation of normal human keratinocytes undergoing aging in vitro. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1067:332-6 pubmed..These results suggest that the rate, extent, and quality of differentiation depend on the inducing agent, and that kinetin may be useful in promoting the differentiation of human keratinocytes, especially in the presence of calcium. ..
- Jackerott M, Lee Y, Møllgård K, Kofod H, Jensen J, Rohleder S, et al. Trefoil factors are expressed in human and rat endocrine pancreas: differential regulation by growth hormone. Endocrinology. 2006;147:5752-9 pubmed..These data demonstrate expression of TFFs in the endocrine pancreas, but their possible functions remain unknown. ..
- Grubach L, Juhl Christensen C, Rethmeier A, Olesen L, Aggerholm A, Hokland P, et al. Gene expression profiling of Polycomb, Hox and Meis genes in patients with acute myeloid leukaemia. Eur J Haematol. 2008;81:112-22 pubmed publisher..01). In conclusion, our data suggest that the role of PcG and PcG-regulated genes in leukaemogenesis varies between, as well as within karyotypic subgroups. ..
- Pedersen M, Hansen P, Nielsen S, Penkowa M. Metallothionein-I + II and receptor megalin are altered in relation to oxidative stress in cerebral lymphomas. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:314-28 pubmed publisher..This morphology likely reflects the CNS lymphoma microenvironment and molecular interactions between lymphomatous and neuronal cells. ..
- Østergaard C, Leib S, Rowland I, Brandt C. Bacteremia causes hippocampal apoptosis in experimental pneumococcal meningitis. BMC Infect Dis. 2010;10:1 pubmed publisher..Their individual contributions to the development of brain damage, however, still remain to be defined...
- Serup Andersen O, Boisguerin P, Glerup S, Skeldal S, Volkmer R, Willnow T, et al. Identification of a linear epitope in sortilin that partakes in pro-neurotrophin binding. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12210-22 pubmed publisher..We furthermore demonstrate that a peptide comprising the ligand-binding epitope can prevent pro-NT-induced apoptosis in RN22 schwannoma cells. ..
- Sunesen M, Selzer R, Brosh R, Balajee A, Stevnsner T, Bohr V. Molecular characterization of an acidic region deletion mutant of Cockayne syndrome group B protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 2000;28:3151-9 pubmed..Our data indicate that the highly acidic region of CSB is not essential for the TCR and general genome repair pathways of UV- and NA-AAF-induced DNA lesions...
- Heller R, Stoffers D, Bock T, Svenstrup K, Jensen J, Horn T, et al. Improved glucose tolerance and acinar dysmorphogenesis by targeted expression of transcription factor PDX-1 to the exocrine pancreas. Diabetes. 2001;50:1553-61 pubmed..The mechanisms underlying these observations remain to be elucidated. ..
- Klausen P, Niemann C, Cowland J, Krabbe K, Borregaard N. On mouse and man: neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin is not involved in apoptosis or acute response. Eur J Haematol. 2005;75:332-40 pubmed..We thus conclude that major differences exist between mouse and man with regards to the role of this lipocalin in myelopoiesis and inflammation. ..