Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on apoptosis in China
Publications891 found, 100 shown here
- Tang W, Zhang Y, Qian C, Yuan Z, Du J. Induction and mechanism of apoptosis by hydroxycamptothecin in human Tenon's capsule fibroblasts. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:4874-80 pubmed publisher..The expression levels of caspase-3 and caspase-9 were down-regulated after Z-VAD-FMK treatment. Caspase-3 and caspase-9 are important elements in regulating HCPT-induced apoptosis in HTFs. ..
- Zhou L, Yuan Q, Yang M. A functional germline variant in the P53 polyadenylation signal and risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Gene. 2012;506:295-7 pubmed publisher..22 (95% CI=1.71-6.33, P=1.34×10(-4)). These results suggest that this functional uncommon P53 rs78378222 variant is associated with ESCC risk in the current Han Chinese population. ..
- Sun Z, Wan Z, Guo Y, Wang H, Luo Z. FasL on human nucleus pulposus cells prevents angiogenesis in the disc by inducing Fas-mediated apoptosis of vascular endothelial cells. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:2376-85 pubmed..Consequently, our findings might shed light on the pathogenesis in human IDD and provide a novel target for the treatment strategies for IDD. ..
- Gao F, Pan S, Liu B, Zhang H. TFF3 knockout in human pituitary adenoma cell HP75 facilitates cell apoptosis via mitochondrial pathway. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:14568-73 pubmed..TFF3 protein knockout can facilitate apoptosis of human pituitary adenoma HP75 cells via mitochondrial pathway. ..
- Ma Y, Guo H, Zhang L, Tao L, Yin A, Liu Z, et al. Estrogen replacement therapy-induced neuroprotection against brain ischemia-reperfusion injury involves the activation of astrocytes via estrogen receptor β. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21467 pubmed publisher..Thus, the discovery and design of astrocyte-selective ERβ modulators may offer a new strategy for ERT of ischemic stroke. ..
- Yan X, Xun M, Dou X, Wu L, Han Y, Zheng J. Regulation of Na+-K+-ATPase effected high glucose-induced myocardial cell injury through c-Src dependent NADPH oxidase/ROS pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2017;357:243-251 pubmed publisher..These novel results may help us to understand the important role of the Na+-K+-ATPase in diabetic cardiovascular diseases. ..
- He B, Chen P, Xie Y, Li S, Zhang X, Yang R, et al. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 protects SH-SY5Y cells against apoptosis induced by oxygen and glucose deprivation/reperfusion. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3867-3871 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, 20(R)-Rg3 exerts a neuroprotective effect against OGD/R-induced apoptosis. ..
- Yu L, Dai Y, Yuan Z, Li J. Effects of rare earth elements on telomerase activity and apoptosis of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2007;116:53-9 pubmed
- Wang X, Liu Q, Wang P, Tang W, Hao Q. Study of cell killing effect on S180 by ultrasound activating protoporphyrin IX. Ultrasonics. 2008;48:135-40 pubmed..This biological mechanism might be involved in mediating the effects on S180 cells and resulting in the cell damage seen with SDT. ..
- Wang J, Wang X, Li Z, Liu H, Teng Y. MicroRNA-183 suppresses retinoblastoma cell growth, invasion and migration by targeting LRP6. FEBS J. 2014;281:1355-65 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that miR-183 targets and downregulates LRP6 in the growth, migration and invasion of RB cells. ..
- Li W, Fu J, Wang F, Yu G, Wang Y, Zhang X. Distinct overexpression of Fas ligand on T lymphocytes in aplastic anemia. Cell Mol Immunol. 2004;1:142-7 pubmed..Taken together, our data provide further and direct evidence for the hypothesis that T cells might mediate the destruction of hematopoietic progenitor in AA through Fas/FasL system. ..
- Li Y, Qu X, Qu J, Zhang Y, Liu J, Teng Y, et al. Arsenic trioxide induces apoptosis and G2/M phase arrest by inducing Cbl to inhibit PI3K/Akt signaling and thereby regulate p53 activation. Cancer Lett. 2009;284:208-15 pubmed publisher..Cbl achieved these effects probably via its regulating PI3K/Akt pathway, and thereby modulated p53 activation. ..
- Luo C, Chen X, Yang R, Sun Y, Li Q, Bao H, et al. Cathepsin B contributes to traumatic brain injury-induced cell death through a mitochondria-mediated apoptotic pathway. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:2847-58 pubmed publisher..The results imply that cathepsin B contributes to TBI-induced cell death through the present programmed cell necrosis and mitochondria-mediated apoptotic pathways. ..
- Zhou Y, Su Z, Huang Y, Sun T, Chen S, Wu T, et al. The Zfx gene is expressed in human gliomas and is important in the proliferation and apoptosis of the human malignant glioma cell line U251. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2011;30:114 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Zfx may play a critical role in cell proliferation, cell cycle distribution, and apoptosis of human malignant glioma cells. ..
- Li C, Wang W, Guo X, Zhang F, Ma W, Zhang Y, et al. Pathways related to mitochondrial dysfunction in cartilage of endemic osteoarthritis patients in China. Sci China Life Sci. 2012;55:1057-63 pubmed publisher..Three canonical pathways involved in oxidative phosphorylation, apoptosis signaling and pyruvate metabolism were identified, which indicate the involvement of mitochondrial dysfunction in the pathogenesis of Kashin-Beck disease. ..
- Yang Y, Zhang S, Fan C, Yi W, Jiang S, Di S, et al. Protective role of silent information regulator 1 against hepatic ischemia: effects on oxidative stress injury, inflammatory response, and MAPKs. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2016;20:519-31 pubmed publisher..The activation of SIRT1 significantly inhibits the oxidative stress and inflammatory response during hepatic IRI, which can be developed as a novel method to protect against hepatic IRI. ..
- Deng C, Zhang B, Zhang S, Duan C, Cao Y, Kang W, et al. Low nanomolar concentrations of Cucurbitacin-I induces G2/M phase arrest and apoptosis by perturbing redox homeostasis in gastric cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2106 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the present study provides new insights into the mechanisms of antitumor effects of Cu-I, supporting Cu-I as an attractive therapeutic drug in gastric cancer by modulating the redox balance. ..
- Di G, Wang Z, Wang W, Cheng F, Liu H. AntagomiR-613 protects neuronal cells from oxygen glucose deprivation/re-oxygenation via increasing SphK2 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:188-194 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that antamiR-613 protects neuronal cells from OGDR probably via inducing SphK2 expression. ..
- Liu T, Wu C, Weng G, Zhao Z, He X, Fu C, et al. Bufalin Inhibits Cellular Proliferation and Cancer Stem Cell-Like Phenotypes via Upregulation of MiR-203 in Glioma. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;44:671-681 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identified SPARC as a novel target gene of miR-203. These findings suggest that miR-203 plays an important role in bufalin's ability to inhibit the growth of glioma cells and the development of stem cell-like phenotypes. ..
- Chan C, Ma C, Chan W, Chan H. The SARS-Coronavirus Membrane protein induces apoptosis through modulating the Akt survival pathway. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;459:197-207 pubmed..Altogether, our data show that SARS-CoV M protein induces apoptosis through the modulation of the cellular Akt pro-survival pathway and mitochondrial cytochrome c release. ..
- Ouyang G, Liu M, Ruan K, Song G, Mao Y, Bao S. Upregulated expression of periostin by hypoxia in non-small-cell lung cancer cells promotes cell survival via the Akt/PKB pathway. Cancer Lett. 2009;281:213-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, periostin and the pathway that it involved might provide a target for lung cancer treatment. ..
- Gao H, Liu B, Liu F, Chen Y. Anti-proliferative effect of camellianin A in Adinandra nitida leaves and its apoptotic induction in human Hep G2 and MCF-7 cells. Molecules. 2010;15:3878-86 pubmed publisher..The increase of an early apoptotic population of Hep G2 and MCF-7 cells was observed. It was concluded that camellianin A not only affected the progress of the cell cycle, but also induced cells to enter into apoptosis. ..
- Wang Y, Guo X, Zhang Z, Wang M, Wang S. [Expression of Caspase-8 and Bcl-2 in the cartilage loose bodies in patients with Kashin-Beck disease]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2011;31:1314-7 pubmed..To investigate the role of Caspase-8 and Bcl-2 in the formation of loose bodies in Kashin-Beck disease (KBD)...
- Shi L, Zhang S, Feng K, Wu F, Wan Y, Wang Z, et al. MicroRNA-125b-2 confers human glioblastoma stem cells resistance to temozolomide through the mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis. Int J Oncol. 2012;40:119-29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that miR-125b-2 overexpression might confer glioblastoma stem cells resistance to TMZ. ..
- Deng Y, Shi J, Liu J, Qu Q. Celastrol protects human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells from rotenone-induced injury through induction of autophagy. Neurochem Int. 2013;63:1-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggested that celastrol protects SH-SY5Y cells from rotenone induced injuries and autophagic pathway is involved in celastrol neuroprotective effects. ..
- Zhu M, Song H, Zhao G, Wu Y, Li N, Gao Z. [Recombinant human IL-16 inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis in MT-4 cells]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2013;29:1147-9 pubmed..These results demonstrated that IL-16 plays an important role in the proliferation and apoptosis of MT-4 cells, and the molecular mechanism underlying this phenomenon may involve the modulation of Bax and Bcl-2 expression. ..
- Huang Q, Pu M, Zhao G, Dai B, Bian Z, Tang H, et al. Tg737 regulates epithelial-mesenchymal transition and cancer stemÂ cell properties via a negative feedback circuit between Snail andÂ HNF4Î± during liver stem cell malignant transformation. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:52-60 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results showed that Tg737 regulates a Wnt/Î²-catenin/Snail-HNF4Î± negative feedback circuit, thereby blocking EMT and the malignant transformation of liver stem cells to liver cancer stem cells. ..
- Chen H, Tang X, Zhou B, Zhou Z, Xu N, Wang Y. A ROS-mediated mitochondrial pathway and Nrf2 pathway activation are involved in BDE-47 induced apoptosis in Neuro-2a cells. Chemosphere. 2017;184:679-686 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that the ROS mediated mitochondrial pathway is involved in the BDE-47-induced apoptosis in Neuro-2a cells and that the Nrf2 pathway helps protect Neuro-2a cells from BDE-47-induced apoptosis. ..
- Hao Z, Li X, Qiao T, Du R, Hong L, Fan D. CIAPIN1 confers multidrug resistance by upregulating the expression of MDR-1 and MRP-1 in gastric cancer cells. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:261-6 pubmed..In addition, Western blotting revealed that CIAPIN1 decreased the expression of Bcl-2, Bax and p53. Therefore, it is concluded that CIAPIN1 confers MDR in gastric cancer cells, likely by upregulating MDR-1 and MRP-1. ..
- Wang X, Xin X, Huang Y. [Regulative effect of genistein on xenografted tumor of ovarian carcinoma cell on nude mice]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2006;31:901-4 pubmed..Genistein could significantly inhibite the proliferation and induce the apoptosis of the HO-8910PM cell of xenografted tumors by regulating the cell cycle and apoptoic gene in the nude mice. ..
- Song H, Xin X, Xiao F, Wang D, Yue Q, Han X. Survivin gene RNA interference inhibits proliferation, induces apoptosis, and enhances radiosensitivity in HeLa cells. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2008;136:83-9 pubmed..Therefore, an RNAi-targeted survivin gene strategy would be a potential approach to radiosensitization therapy in human cervical carcinomas. ..
- Sun M, Li J, Guo L, Xiao H, Dong L, Wang F, et al. TGF-?1 suppression of microRNA-450b-5p expression: a novel mechanism for blocking myogenic differentiation of rhabdomyosarcoma. Oncogene. 2014;33:2075-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that disrupting the TGF-?1 suppression of miR-450b-5p, or knockdown of ENOX2 and PAX9, are effective approaches in inducing RMS MyoD. ..
- Zhang J, Tang J, Cao B, Zhang Z, Li J, Schimmer A, et al. The natural pesticide dihydrorotenone induces human plasma cell apoptosis by triggering endoplasmic reticulum stress and activating p38 signaling pathway. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69911 pubmed publisher..Because plasma cells are very important in the immune system, this study provided a new insight in the safety evaluation of DHR application. ..
- Wang C, Wang M, Tashiro S, Onodera S, Ikejima T. Roles of SIRT1 and phosphoinositide 3-OH kinase/protein kinase C pathways in evodiamine-induced human melanoma A375-S2 cell death. J Pharmacol Sci. 2005;97:494-500 pubmed..The inhibition of the PI3-K/PKC survival pathway might be responsible for SIRT1 inactivation and increased Bax/Bcl-2 expression ratio in evodiamine-induced cell death. ..
- Wang R, Yan H, Tang X. Progress in studies of huperzine A, a natural cholinesterase inhibitor from Chinese herbal medicine. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2006;27:1-26 pubmed..HupA can also be used as a protective agent against organophosphate intoxication. ..
- Wang Y, He Q, Sun R, Che C, Chiu J. Cellular pharmacological properties of gold(III) porphyrin 1a, a potential anticancer drug lead. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;554:113-22 pubmed..Our results highlighted the potential of gold(III) porphyrin 1a as an anticancer drug. ..
- Chen Y, Ip S, Ko K, Poon T, Ng E, Lai P, et al. A proteomic approach in investigating the hepatoprotective mechanism of Schisandrin B: role of raf kinase inhibitor protein. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:299-304 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Sch B triggers the Raf/MEK/ERK signaling pathway, presumably by downregulating RKIP, thereby protecting against carbon tetrachloride-induced cytotoxicity. ..
- Hu J, Dang N, Menu E, De Bruyne E, De Bryune E, Xu D, et al. Activation of ATF4 mediates unwanted Mcl-1 accumulation by proteasome inhibition. Blood. 2012;119:826-37 pubmed publisher..These data identify the UPR and, more specifically, its ATF4 branch as an important mechanism mediating up-regulation of Mcl-1 by proteasome inhibition. ..
- Qi D, Gao M, Yu Y. Intratracheal antitumor necrosis factor-α antibody attenuates lung tissue damage following cardiopulmonary bypass. Artif Organs. 2013;37:142-9 pubmed publisher..Intratracheal TNF-α Ab administration demonstrates a notable protective effect against lung injury after CPB. ..
- Wu S, Ju G, Du T, Zhu Y, Liu G. Microvesicles derived from human umbilical cord Wharton's jelly mesenchymal stem cells attenuate bladder tumor cell growth in vitro and in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e61366 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that hWJMSC-MVs play a vital role in hWJMSC-induced antitumor effect and may be a novel tool for cancer therapy as a new mechanism of cell-to-cell communication...
- Zhu R, Zou S, Wan J, Li W, Li X, Zhu W. BTG1 inhibits breast cancer cell growth through induction of cell cycle arrest and apoptosis. Oncol Rep. 2013;30:2137-44 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BTG1 may be used as a novel therapeutic target for human breast cancer treatment. ..
- Zhao Y, Zhang L, Qiao Y, Zhou X, Wu G, Wang L, et al. Heme oxygenase-1 prevents cardiac dysfunction in streptozotocin-diabetic mice by reducing inflammation, oxidative stress, apoptosis and enhancing autophagy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75927 pubmed publisher..This study underlines the unique roles of HO-1, including the inhibition of oxidative stress, inflammation and apoptosis and the enhancement of autophagy, in the pathogenesis of DCM. ..
- Fan L, Tan B, Li Y, Zhao Q, Liu Y, Wang D, et al. Silencing of ZNF139-siRNA induces apoptosis in human gastric cancer cell line BGC823. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:12428-36 pubmed..Our results suggest that ZNF139 functions to promote apoptosis resistance of BGC823 by regulating some apoptosis related genes. ..
- Guo L, Zhang C, Zhu J, Yang Y, Lan J, Su G, et al. Proteomic identification of predictive tissue biomarkers of sensitive to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in squamous cervical cancer. Life Sci. 2016;151:102-108 pubmed publisher..The study found many candidate proteins involved in chemotherapy resistance/sensitivity, among them Hsp70 might be potential biomarkers to predict the efficacy of chemotherapy for SCC patients. ..
- Zheng F, Dang J, Zha H, Zhang B, Lin M, Cheng F. PD-L1 Promotes Self-Renewal and Tumorigenicity of Malignant Melanoma Initiating Cells. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:1293201 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest a new mechanism underlying melanoma progression and PD-L1-targeted therapy, which is distinct from the immunomodulatory actions of PD-L1. ..
- Yang J, Liu C, Xu H, Pan Q. Caspases promoted DADAG-induced apoptosis in human leukemia HL-60 cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2002;23:461-6 pubmed..To investigate the roles of caspases in diacetyldianhydrogalactitol (DADAG)-induced apoptosis in human leukemia HL-60 cells...
- Ma Y, Wang B, Li W, Ying G, Fu L, Niu R, et al. Reduction of intersectin1-s induced apoptosis of human glioblastoma cells. Brain Res. 2010;1351:222-8 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ITSN1-s is an effecter in regulation of gliomas cells apoptosis, and identify that ITSN1-s may be a new potentially anti-apoptosis target for therapeutic of gliomas. ..
- Gao X, Zhang X, Yang X. Morphological apoptotic characteristics of the post-meiotic micronuclei in Paramecium caudatum. Eur J Protistol. 2010;46:243-50 pubmed publisher..2007) and indicated that morphological apoptotic characteristics discovered in multicellular organisms do exist in unicellular eukaryotic ciliate protozoa...
- Gao W, Qiao X, Ma S, Cui L. Adipose-derived stem cells accelerate neovascularization in ischaemic diabetic skin flap via expression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1?. J Cell Mol Med. 2011;15:2575-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, ASCs could enhance the survival of random-patterned skin flaps in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice via elevated expression of HIF-1?. ..
- Cheng X, Xiao Y, Wang X, Wang P, Li H, Yan H, et al. Anti-tumor and pro-apoptotic activity of ethanolic extract and its various fractions from Polytrichum commune L.ex Hedw in L1210 cells. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;143:49-56 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to confirm the precise mechanism not only the crude extract but as well the monomeric chemical substances of Polytrichum commune L.ex Hedw. ..
- Qi R, Feng M, Tan X, Gan L, Yan G, Sun C. FATP1 silence inhibits the differentiation and induces the apoptosis in chicken preadipocytes. Mol Biol Rep. 2013;40:2907-14 pubmed publisher..Consequently, FATP1 deficiency prevented the differentiation while induced apoptosis in chicken preadipocytes. ..
- Wang L, Lin S, He Y, Liu G, Wang Z. Protective effects of quercetin on cadmium-induced cytotoxicity in primary cultures of rat proximal tubular cells. Biomed Environ Sci. 2013;26:258-67 pubmed publisher..The present study has suggested that quercetin, as a widely distributed dietary antioxidant, contributes potentially to prevent cadmium-induced cytotoxicity in rPT cells. ..
- Gu Q, Feng T, Cao H, Tang Y, Ge X, Luo J, et al. HIV-TAT mediated protein transduction of Cu/Zn-superoxide dismutase-1 (SOD1) protects skin cells from ionizing radiation. Radiat Oncol. 2013;8:253 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to evaluate the protective role of HIV-TAT protein transduction domain mediated protein transduction of SOD1 (TAT-SOD1) against ionizing radiation...
- Zhang C, Lu T, Wang G, Ma C, Zhou Y. Costunolide, an active sesquiterpene lactone, induced apoptosis via ROS-mediated ER stress and JNK pathway in human U2OS cells. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;80:253-259 pubmed publisher..Given N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) effectively blocked the activation of JNK. Taken together, our results demonstrate that costunolide induces apoptosis in human U2OS cells through ROS generation and p38 MAPK/JNK activation. ..
- Wang H, Yang Y, Wang W, Guan B, Xun M, Zhang H, et al. Single-chain antibody-delivered Livin siRNA inhibits human malignant melanoma growth in vitro and in vivo. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701645 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings provide a feasible approach to transport Livin small interfering RNA to malignant melanoma cells which would be a new therapeutic strategy for combating malignant melanoma. ..
- Liu J, Zhu Y, Xu Z, Ouyang W, Wang J, Liu X, et al. Dynamic changes of apoptosis-inducing ligands and Th1/Th2 like subpopulations in Hantaan virus-induced hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome. Clin Immunol. 2006;119:245-51 pubmed..Both factors may play an important role in the etiology of Hantaan virus infection in humans. ..
- Wang G, Han B, Zhou H, Wu L, Wang Y, Jia G, et al. Inhibition of hydrogen sulfide synthesis provides protection for severe acute pancreatitis rats via apoptosis pathway. Apoptosis. 2013;18:28-42 pubmed publisher..This process acted through both extrinsic and intrinsic apoptotic pathways, and may be regulated by reducing the activity of NF-?B. ..
- Jiang P, Wang J, Kang Z, Li D, Zhang D. Porcine JAB1 significantly enhances apoptosis induced by staurosporine. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e823 pubmed publisher..This study is useful for understanding the function of pJAB1 and offers a potential molecular model for the investigation of diseases related to hJAB1. ..
- Chen G, Han K, Xu X, Du X, Zhang Z, Tang J, et al. An anti-leishmanial thiadiazine agent induces multiple myeloma cell apoptosis by suppressing the nuclear factor kappaB signalling pathway. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:63-70 pubmed publisher..Moreover, DETT delayed myeloma tumour growth in nude mice without overt toxicity. DETT displays a promising potential for MM therapy as an inhibitor of the NF?B signalling pathway. ..
- Song D, Zhong Y, Qian C, Zou Q, Ou J, Shi Y, et al. Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells Therapy in Cyclophosphamide-Induced Premature Ovarian Failure Rat Model. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:2517514 pubmed publisher..Our present study provides new insights into the great clinical potential of human UCMSCs in POF treatment. ..
- Peng Y, Zhang Q, Xu D, Wang Y, Qin X. Small hairpin RNA interference of the Nogo receptor inhibits oxygen-glucose deprivation-induced damage in rat hippocampal slice cultures. Neuropathology. 2010;30:565-73 pubmed publisher..The NgR shRNA knockdown reduced, but did not eliminate, the effects of oxygen-glucose deprivation. Thus, NgR shRNA shows promise as a potential tool for the treatment of nerve damage. ..
- Jiang J, Liu Z, Ge C, Chen C, Zhao F, Li H, et al. NK3 homeobox 1 (NKX3.1) up-regulates forkhead box O1 expression in hepatocellular carcinoma and thereby suppresses tumor proliferation and invasion. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:19146-19159 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NKX3.1 functions as a tumor suppressor in HCC cells through directly up-regulating FOXO1 expression. ..
- Liu Q, Yin K, Zhu S, Zhang L, Wen P, Li C, et al. Inhibition of C35 gene expression by small interfering RNA induces apoptosis of breast cancer cells. Biosci Trends. 2010;4:254-9 pubmed..C35 might play an important role in apoptosis of breast cancer cells, and therapeutic strategies targeting C35 may be useful for breast cancer treatment. ..
- Chen S, Liu J, Zhou J, Chen C, Deng Y, Wang Y, et al. Suppression of the notch signaling pathway by ?-secretase inhibitor GSI inhibits human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell proliferation. Cancer Lett. 2011;306:76-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, NPC cells may up-regulate Notch signaling to maintain cell proliferation and targeting the Notch signaling pathway may offer a potential alternative strategy for the treatment of NPC. ..
- He D, Zheng Y, Tam S. The anti-herpetic activity of trichosanthin via the nuclear factor-?B and p53 pathways. Life Sci. 2012;90:673-81 pubmed publisher..In this study, we explored the anti-HSV-1 mechanism of TCS through the nuclear factor-?B (NF-?B) and p53 pathways in human epithelial carcinoma (HEp-2) cells with wild type p53...
- Tu B, Du L, Fan Q, Tang Z, Tang T. STAT3 activation by IL-6 from mesenchymal stem cells promotes the proliferation and metastasis of osteosarcoma. Cancer Lett. 2012;325:80-8 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data indicate that MSCs in the bone microenvironment might promote the progression of osteosarcoma and protect tumor cells from drug-induced apoptosis through IL-6/STAT3 signaling. ..
- He Y, Yang J, Li H, Shao H, Wei C, Wang Y, et al. Exogenous spermine ameliorates high glucose-induced cardiomyocytic apoptosis via decreasing reactive oxygen species accumulation through inhibiting p38/JNK and JAK2 pathways. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15537-49 pubmed..Our findings may highlight a new therapeutic intervention for the prevention of diabetic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Chen W, Wei S, Yu Y, Xue H, Yao F, Zhang M, et al. Pretreatment of rats with increased bioavailable berberine attenuates cerebral ischemia-reperfusion injury via down regulation of adenosine-5'monophosphate kinase activity. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;779:80-90 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that HGSD-pretreatment of rats protects the brain from ischemia-reperfusion injury and the mechanism is due to its anti-apoptotic effect mediated by decreased activation of AMPK. ..
- Su J, Jiang L, Wu J, Liu Z, Wu Y. Anti-tumor and anti-virus activity of polysaccharides extracted from Sipunculus nudus(SNP) on Hepg2.2.15. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;87:597-602 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that SNP suppressed cell viability of Hepg2.2.15 and that could be a novel anti-tumor and anti-HBV agent. ..
- Duan D, Zhang J, Yao J, Liu Y, Fang J. Targeting Thioredoxin Reductase by Parthenolide Contributes to Inducing Apoptosis of HeLa Cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:10021-31 pubmed publisher..Targeting TrxRs by PTL thus discloses an unprecedented mechanism underlying the biological activity of PTL, and provides deep insights to understand the action of PTL in treatment of cancer. ..
- Dou Y, Shen H, Feng D, Li H, Tian X, Zhang J, et al. Tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor 6 participates in early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats through inhibiting autophagy and promoting oxidative stress. J Neurochem. 2017;142:478-492 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results indicated that TRAF6 affected the degree of EBI after SAH by inhibiting autophagy and promoting oxidative stress. ..
- Guo B, Zhao Z, Wang Z, Li Q, Wang X, Wang W, et al. MicroRNA-302b-3p Suppresses Cell Proliferation Through AKT Pathway by Targeting IGF-1R in Human Gastric Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1701-1711 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the tumor suppressor role of miR-302b-3p in the pathogenesis of gastric cancer. ..
- Niu X, Peng Z, Feng J, Ma H, Liu C, Yuan J. Mechanism of retinoid receptors in inhibiting proliferation and inducing apoptosis of human melanoma cell line A375. Chin Med J (Engl). 2005;118:1482-6 pubmed
- Han Y, Shi Y, Han Z, Sun L, Fan D. Detection of potassium currents and regulation of multidrug resistance by potassium channels in human gastric cancer cells. Cell Biol Int. 2007;31:741-7 pubmed..5 enhanced the drug-resistant phenotype of SGC7901 cells. In conclusion, potassium channels may exert regulatory effects on multidrug resistance by regulating drug-induced apoptosis in gastric cancer cells. ..
- Zhu H, Zhu Y, Hu J, Hu W, Liao Y, Zhang J, et al. Adenovirus-mediated small hairpin RNA targeting Bcl-XL as therapy for colon cancer. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:1366-72 pubmed..Together, our results support the feasibility of using adenovirus-mediated RNA interference therapy targeting Bcl-XL against colon cancers and warrant further studies of its safety and efficacy. ..
- Ma J, Chen B, Xin X. XIAP gene downregulation by small interfering RNA inhibits proliferation, induces apoptosis, and reverses the cisplatin resistance of ovarian carcinoma. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2009;146:222-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that XIAP is an ovarian cancer-related gene and that XIAP is a potential target for therapeutic anti-cancer drugs. ..
- Huo X, Gao Y, Ma Q. [Effect of L-arginine on human colon carcinoma cell line LS174 through NO pathway and the mechanism]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:70-5 pubmed..The mechanism of L-Arg- induced cell apoptosis may be related to the up-regulation of bax protein and the down-regulation of p53 and bcl-2 proteins. ..
- Zhang M, Zhou S, Zhang L, Zhang J, Cai H, Zhu J, et al. miR-518b is down-regulated, and involved in cell proliferation and invasion by targeting Rap1b in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3508-21 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-518b may function as a tumor suppressor by targeting Rap1b in the development of ESCC and has important clinical and prognostic value. ..
- Yu H, Liu Z, Zhou H, Dai W, Chen S, Shu Y, et al. JAK-STAT pathway modulates the roles of iNOS and COX-2 in the cytoprotection of early phase of hydrogen peroxide preconditioning against apoptosis induced by oxidative stress. Neurosci Lett. 2012;529:166-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that JAK-STAT pathway modulates the roles of iNOS and COX-2 in the cytoprotection of early phase of H(2)O(2) preconditioning. ..
- Deng W, Sui H, Wang Q, He N, Duan C, Han L, et al. A Chinese herbal formula, Yi-Qi-Fu-Sheng, inhibits migration/invasion of colorectal cancer by down-regulating MMP-2/9 via inhibiting the activation of ERK/MAPK signaling pathways. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:65 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that YQFS extract has an anti-tumor effect in colorectal cancer, which could be attributed to ERK1/2-dependent inhibition of MMP-2/9 expression. ..
- Zhang M, Cai S, Zuo B, Gong W, Tang Z, Zhou D, et al. Arctigenin induced gallbladder cancer senescence through modulating epidermal growth factor receptor pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698359 pubmed publisher..These data identify epidermal growth factor receptor as a key regulator in arctigenin-induced gallbladder cancer senescence. ..
- Yao D, Zhou Y, Zhu L, Ouyang L, Zhang J, Jiang Y, et al. Design, synthesis and structure-activity relationship studies of a focused library of pyrimidine moiety with anti-proliferative and anti-metastasis activities in triple negative breast cancer. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;140:155-171 pubmed publisher..In vitro experiments revealed that Y29 attenuated metastasis by PDGFR-? inhibition-induced autophagy and could enhance autophagy-related cell death through AKT-MAPK feedback loop in MDA-MB-231 cells. ..
- Cao Y, Gu Z, Lin F, Han R, Qin Z. Caspase-1 inhibitor Ac-YVAD-CHO attenuates quinolinic acid-induced increases in p53 and apoptosis in rat striatum. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2005;26:150-4 pubmed..Caspase-1 is involved in QA-induced p53 upregulation but not IkappaB-alpha degradation. Inhibition of caspase-1 attenuates QA-induced apoptosis in rat striatum. ..
- Sheng R, Gu Z, Xie M, Zhou W, Guo C. EGCG inhibits cardiomyocyte apoptosis in pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy and protects cardiomyocytes from oxidative stress in rats. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:191-201 pubmed..Also, EGCG prevented cardiomyocyte apoptosis from oxidative stress in vitro. The mechanism might be related to the inhibitory effects of EGCG on p53 induction and bcl-2 decrease. ..
- Huang Z, Li L, Wang J. Hypermethylation of SFRP2 as a potential marker for stool-based detection of colorectal cancer and precancerous lesions. Dig Dis Sci. 2007;52:2287-91 pubmed..Methylation testing of fecal DNA may be a simple, promising, and noninvasive screening tool for colorectal neoplasia. ..
- Shen H, Yuan Y, Ding F, Liu J, Gu X. The protective effects of Achyranthes bidentata polypeptides against NMDA-induced cell apoptosis in cultured hippocampal neurons through differential modulation of NR2A- and NR2B-containing NMDA receptors. Brain Res Bull. 2008;77:274-81 pubmed publisher..Our data might suggest that ABPP may also prove to be a potential neuroprotective therapy owing to its differential modulation of NR2A- and NR2B-containing NMDA receptors. ..
- Li J, Shen Y, Cai B, Zhao J, Bai X, Lu Y, et al. Arsenic trioxide induces the apoptosis in vascular smooth muscle cells via increasing intracellular calcium and ROS formation. Mol Biol Rep. 2010;37:1569-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that arsenic trioxide obviously induced apoptosis in SMCs, and its mechanism was partially associated with intracellular ROS formation and free Ca(2+) increasing. ..