Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on antineoplastic agents in United States
Locale: United States
Topic: antineoplastic agents
Publications929 found, 100 shown here
- Yu W, Ma Y, Flynn G, Muindi J, Kong R, Trump D, et al. Calcitriol enhances gemcitabine anti-tumor activity in vitro and in vivo by promoting apoptosis in a human pancreatic carcinoma model system. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:3022-9 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that calcitriol and gemcitabine in combination promotes caspase-dependent apoptosis, which may contribute to increased anti-tumor activity compared to either agent alone. ..
- Cheng S, Gao N, Zhang Z, Chen G, Budhraja A, Ke Z, et al. Quercetin induces tumor-selective apoptosis through downregulation of Mcl-1 and activation of Bax. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:5679-91 pubmed publisher..To investigate the in vivo antitumor efficacy of quercetin in U937 xenografts and the functional roles of Mcl-1 and Bax in quercetin-induced apoptosis in human leukemia...
- Kannan A, Hettiarachchy N, Marshall M, Raghavan S, Kristinsson H. Shrimp shell peptide hydrolysates inhibit human cancer cell proliferation. J Sci Food Agric. 2011;91:1920-4 pubmed publisher..The promising anticancer peptide fractions from shrimp waste proteins has the potential for novel nutraceutical ingredient applications. ..
- Bryant J, Britson J, Balko J, Willian M, Timmons R, Frolov A, et al. A microRNA gene expression signature predicts response to erlotinib in epithelial cancer cell lines and targets EMT. Br J Cancer. 2012;106:148-56 pubmed publisher..From these data, we hypothesise that the tumour microenvironment elicits TGF?1 and stimulates a miRNA gene expression program that induces resistance to anti-EGFR therapy and drives lung tumour cells to EMT, invasion, and metastasis. ..
- Khapre R, Kondratova A, Susova O, Kondratov R. Circadian clock protein BMAL1 regulates cellular senescence in vivo. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:4162-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that BMAL1 is important for the regulation of oxidative stress and DNA damage responses, while deregulation of these processes upon BMAL1 deficiency leads to development of stress induced senescence in vivo. ..
- ÅženkardeÅŸ S, Kaushik Basu N, Durmaz Ä, Manvar D, Basu A, Atalay R, et al. Synthesis of novel diflunisal hydrazide-hydrazones as anti-hepatitis C virus agents and hepatocellular carcinoma inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;108:301-308 pubmed publisher..34 16.21 4.74, 9.29 and 8.33Â Î¼M for Huh7, HepG2, Hep3B, Mahlavu, FOCUS and SNU-475Â cells, respectively, and produced dramatic cell cycle arrest at SubG1/G0 phase as an indicator of apoptotic cell death induction. ..
- Haddad R, Schlumberger M, Wirth L, Sherman E, Shah M, Robinson B, et al. Incidence and timing of common adverse events in Lenvatinib-treated patients from the SELECT trial and their association with survival outcomes. Endocrine. 2017;56:121-128 pubmed publisher..Overall survival was significantly associated with diarrhea. ..
- Marx G, Zhou H, Graves D, Osheroff N. Covalent attachment of ethidium to DNA results in enhanced topoisomerase II-mediated DNA cleavage. Biochemistry. 1997;36:15884-91 pubmed..Finally, they provide support for the recently proposed "positional poisoning model" for the actions of DNA lesions and anticancer drugs on the type II enzyme. ..
- Leontieva O, Black J. Identification of two distinct pathways of protein kinase Calpha down-regulation in intestinal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5788-801 pubmed..Our findings highlight subcellular distribution and phosphorylation state as critical determinants of PKCalpha desensitization pathways. ..
- Garbett N, Graves D. Extending nature's leads: the anticancer agent ellipticine. Curr Med Chem Anticancer Agents. 2004;4:149-72 pubmed..Considerable research efforts have been directed towards gaining a greater understanding of the mechanism of action of these drugs that will aid further in the optimization of drug design. ..
- Toth A, Nickson P, Qin L, Erhardt P. Differential regulation of cardiomyocyte survival and hypertrophy by MDM2, an E3 ubiquitin ligase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3679-89 pubmed..In addition, our data also suggest that cancer treatments with MDM2 inhibitors to reactivate p53 may have adverse cardiac side effects by promoting cardiomyocyte death. ..
- Lin E. FDG PET/CT flip flop phenomenon in treated lymphoma of bone. Clin Nucl Med. 2006;31:803-5 pubmed..This flip flop appearance could incorrectly suggest lymphomatous infiltration of normal marrow. ..
- Reynolds J, El Bissati K, Brandenburg J, GUNZL A, Mamoun C. Antimalarial activity of the anticancer and proteasome inhibitor bortezomib and its analog ZL3B. BMC Clin Pharmacol. 2007;7:13 pubmed
- Lott D, Krakovitz P. Squamous cell carcinoma associated with intralesional injection of cidofovir for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Laryngoscope. 2009;119:567-70 pubmed publisher..Although causation is not shown, we believe the association presented is a valuable addition to the literature and an important consideration in the use of cidofovir. ..
- Wenger J, Chun S, Dang D, Luesch H, Dang L. Combination therapy targeting cancer metabolism. Med Hypotheses. 2011;76:169-72 pubmed publisher..Examination of these metabolic changes provides rationale for a synergistic approach to combination anti-cancer therapy; targeted inhibition of HIF and inhibition of cellular defenses against oxidative stress. ..
- Lu X, Kang Y. Hypoxia and hypoxia-inducible factors: master regulators of metastasis. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:5928-35 pubmed publisher..Multiple approaches to targeting hypoxia and HIFs, including HIF inhibitors, hypoxia-activated bioreductive prodrugs, and gene therapies may become effective treatments to prevent or reduce metastasis. ..
- Sekeres M, Gundacker H, Lancet J, Advani A, Petersdorf S, Liesveld J, et al. A phase 2 study of lenalidomide monotherapy in patients with deletion 5q acute myeloid leukemia: Southwest Oncology Group Study S0605. Blood. 2011;118:523-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, lenalidomide as a single agent has modest activity in older del(5q) AML patients. Southwest Oncology Group Study S0605 is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00352365. ..
- Pashos C, Cragin L, Khan Z. Effect of a patient support program on access to oral therapy for hematologic malignancies. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2012;69:510-6 pubmed publisher..The median time between prescription authorization and first dispensing was comparable among program and nonprogram patients. ..
- Wu Y, Neuwelt A, Muldoon L, Neuwelt E. Acetaminophen enhances cisplatin- and paclitaxel-mediated cytotoxicity to SKOV3 human ovarian carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:2391-400 pubmed..Our results suggest that acetaminophen as a chemoenhancing adjuvant could improve the efficacy of cisplatin and paclitaxel in treating patients with ovarian carcinoma and other tumor types. ..
- Moskowitz C, Nademanee A, Masszi T, Agura E, Holowiecki J, Abidi M, et al. Brentuximab vedotin as consolidation therapy after autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma at risk of relapse or progression (AETHERA): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet. 2015;385:1853-62 pubmed publisher..This treatment provides an important therapeutic option for patients undergoing autologous stem-cell transplantation. Seattle Genetics and Takeda Pharmaceuticals International. ..
- Wouda R, Borrego J, Keuler N, Stein T. Evaluation of adjuvant carboplatin chemotherapy in the management of surgically excised anal sac apocrine gland adenocarcinoma in dogs. Vet Comp Oncol. 2016;14:67-80 pubmed publisher..This study shows that adjuvant carboplatin chemotherapy is well tolerated and may have a role in the management of dogs with ASAGAC. ..
- O Sullivan C, Davarpanah N, Abraham J, Bates S. Current challenges in the management of breast cancer brain metastases. Semin Oncol. 2017;44:85-100 pubmed publisher..Other strategies that may aid development of more effective clinical trials and expedite the development of promising agents include the use of different clinical endpoints and different imaging tools. ..
- Silverman D, Pitman M. Current diagnostic and management trends for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2004;12:532-7 pubmed..This includes a discussion of new information regarding the epidemiology and pathogenesis of RRP and an update on adjuvant therapy and new surgical techniques...
- Franklin E, Robertson J. Requirement of Apaf-1 for mitochondrial events and the cleavage or activation of all procaspases during genotoxic stress-induced apoptosis. Biochem J. 2007;405:115-22 pubmed..Our data support a model in which Apaf-1 is necessary for the cleavage or activation of all procaspases and the promotion of mitochondrial apoptotic events induced by genotoxic drugs. ..
- Lorch G, Gilmore J, Koltz P, Gonterman R, Laughner R, Lewis D, et al. Inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor signalling reduces hypercalcaemia induced by human lung squamous-cell carcinoma in athymic mice. Br J Cancer. 2007;97:183-93 pubmed..Inhibition of the EGFR pathway in two human SCC models of HHM by an anilinoquinazoline demonstrated that the EGFR tyrosine kinase is a potential target for antihypercalcaemic therapy. ..
- Ke S, Wright J, Kwon G. Avidin-biotin-PEG-CPA complexes as potential EPR-directed therapeutic protein carriers: preparation and characterization. Bioconjug Chem. 2007;18:1644-50 pubmed
- Beer T, Lalani A, Lee S, Mori M, Eilers K, Curd J, et al. C-reactive protein as a prognostic marker for men with androgen-independent prostate cancer: results from the ASCENT trial. Cancer. 2008;112:2377-83 pubmed publisher..60-0.92 [P = .007]). CONCLUSIONS.: Elevated plasma CRP concentrations appear to be a strong predictor of poor survival and lower probability of PSA response to treatment in patients with AIPC who are receiving docetaxel-based therapy. ..
- Balsom S, Li X, Trolli E, Rose J, Bloomston M, Patel T, et al. A single-institute experience with sorafenib in untreated and previously treated patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncology. 2010;78:210-2 pubmed publisher..1 months and is the median overall survival 9.83 months. There were no unexpected toxicities. Sorafenib has interesting activity and acceptable tolerability in patients with advanced HCC, including those who failed prior therapies. ..
- Sucheston L, Zhao H, Yao S, Zirpoli G, Liu S, Barlow W, et al. Genetic predictors of taxane-induced neurotoxicity in a SWOG phase III intergroup adjuvant breast cancer treatment trial (S0221). Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011;130:993-1002 pubmed publisher..If replicated, women with these genotypes should be closely monitored for toxicities and could be targeted for preventive measures or alternative therapeutic approaches. ..
- Watts R, George M, Johnson W. Pretreatment and routine echocardiogram monitoring during chemotherapy for anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity rarely identifies significant cardiac dysfunction or alters treatment decisions: a 5-year review at a single pediatric oncology center. Cancer. 2012;118:1919-24 pubmed publisher..Improved screening techniques with better discrimination and predictability are needed. Pediatric Oncology cooperative groups should consider a revision of standard monitoring protocols before and during treatment. ..
- Phillips B, Tubbs R, Rice T, Rybicki L, Plesec T, Rodriguez C, et al. Clinicopathologic features and treatment outcomes of patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-positive adenocarcinoma of the esophagus and gastroesophageal junction. Dis Esophagus. 2013;26:299-304 pubmed publisher..Given the demonstrated benefit of trastuzumab in HER2-positive gastric cancer and the similar incidence of HER2 overexpression in esophageal/GEJ adenocarcinoma, further evaluation of HER2-directed therapy in this disease seems indicated...
- McMillan G, Konrad Martin D, Dille M. Accuracy of distortion-product otoacoustic emissions-based ototoxicity monitoring using various primary frequency step-sizes. Int J Audiol. 2012;51:689-96 pubmed publisher..DPOAE level shifts measured in 1/24th octave steps may provide a basis for rapid ototoxicity monitoring among adult cancer patients treated with cisplatin. ..
- Xie H, Zhu F, Huang Z, Lee M, Kim D, Li X, et al. Identification of mammalian target of rapamycin as a direct target of fenretinide both in vitro and in vivo. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:1814-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results are the first to identify mTOR as a direct antitumor target of 4HPR both in vitro and in vivo, providing a valuable rationale for guiding the clinical uses of 4HPR. ..
- Solorio L, Patel R, Wu H, Krupka T, Exner A. Advances in image-guided intratumoral drug delivery techniques. Ther Deliv. 2010;1:307-22 pubmed..Future evolution of imaging devices, image-acquisition techniques and multifunctional delivery agents will lead to a paradigm shift in patient care. ..
- Porter D, Farmaki E, Altilia S, Schools G, West D, Chen M, et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 8 mediates chemotherapy-induced tumor-promoting paracrine activities. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:13799-804 pubmed publisher..Microarray data analysis revealed striking correlations between CDK8 expression and poor survival in breast and ovarian cancers. CDK8 inhibition offers a promising approach to increasing the efficacy of cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Ta L, Schmelzer J, Bieber A, Loprinzi C, Sieck G, Brederson J, et al. A novel and selective poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor ameliorates chemotherapy-induced painful neuropathy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54161 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that administration of a novel PARP inhibitor may have important applications as a therapeutic agent for human chemotherapy-induced painful neuropathy. ..
- Yadav A, Janaratne T, Krishnan A, Singhal S, Yadav S, Dayoub A, et al. Regression of lung cancer by hypoxia-sensitizing ruthenium polypyridyl complexes. Mol Cancer Ther. 2013;12:643-53 pubmed publisher..The novel hypoxia-enhanced DNA cleavage activity and biologic activity suggest a promising new anticancer pharmacophore based on metal complexes with aromatic ligands that are easily reduced at biologically accessible potentials...
- von Roemeling C, Copland J. Targeting lipid metabolism for the treatment of anaplastic thyroid carcinoma. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2016;20:159-66 pubmed publisher..Finally, research limitations regarding the use of these inhibitors against components of this pathway are discussed. ..
- Cataldo A, Cheung D, Balsari A, Tagliabue E, Coppola V, Iorio M, et al. miR-302b enhances breast cancer cell sensitivity to cisplatin by regulating E2F1 and the cellular DNA damage response. Oncotarget. 2016;7:786-97 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that miR-302b plays a relevant role in breast cancer cell response to cisplatin through the modulation of the E2F1/ATM axis, representing a valid candidate as therapeutic tool to overcome chemotherapy resistance. ..
- Liu W, Baer M, Bowman M, Pera P, Zheng X, Morgan J, et al. The tyrosine kinase inhibitor imatinib mesylate enhances the efficacy of photodynamic therapy by inhibiting ABCG2. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2463-70 pubmed..Tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) can block the function of ABCG2. Therefore, we tested the effects of the TKI imatinib mesylate (Gleevec) on photosensitizer accumulation and in vitro and in vivo PDT efficacy...
- Golshayan A, Brick A, Choueiri T. Predicting outcome to VEGF-targeted therapy in metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinoma: data from recent studies. Future Oncol. 2008;4:85-92 pubmed publisher..These models, if externally and prospectively validated, will culminate in the rational selection of patients for specific VEGF-directed therapeutics. ..
- Heinrich M, Joensuu H, Demetri G, Corless C, Apperley J, Fletcher J, et al. Phase II, open-label study evaluating the activity of imatinib in treating life-threatening malignancies known to be associated with imatinib-sensitive tyrosine kinases. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:2717-25 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate an important role for molecular characterization of tumors to identify patients likely to benefit from imatinib treatment. ..
- Mancl E, Kolesar J, Vermeulen L. Clinical and economic value of screening for Kras mutations as predictors of response to epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2009;66:2105-12 pubmed publisher..Implementing routine Kras screening and limiting the use of EGFR inhibitors to patients with wild-type (not mutated) Kras may have the potential for cost savings. ..
- Kwan J, Teplitski M, Gunasekera S, Paul V, Luesch H. Isolation and biological evaluation of 8-epi-malyngamide C from the Floridian marine cyanobacterium Lyngbya majuscula. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:463-6 pubmed publisher..Both 1 and malyngamide C were found to be cytotoxic to HT29 colon cancer cells (IC(50) 15.4 and 5.2 microM, respectively) and to inhibit bacterial quorum sensing in a reporter gene assay. ..
- Puls L, Eadens M, Messersmith W. Current status of SRC inhibitors in solid tumor malignancies. Oncologist. 2011;16:566-78 pubmed publisher..Src inhibitors have shown little activity in monotherapy trials in unselected solid tumor patient populations. Combination studies and biomarker-driven clinical trials are under way. ..
- Smith S, Pulido J, Salomao D, Smith B, Mohney B. Combined intravitreal and subconjunctival carboplatin for retinoblastoma with vitreous seeds. Br J Ophthalmol. 2012;96:1073-7 pubmed publisher..To describe the technique of intravitreal chemotherapy preceded by subconjunctival chemotherapy for the treatment of vitreous seeds in advanced stage retinoblastoma...
- Galimberti F, Busch A, Chinyengetere F, Ma T, Sekula D, Memoli V, et al. Response to inhibition of smoothened in diverse epithelial cancer cells that lack smoothened or patched 1 mutations. Int J Oncol. 2012;41:1751-61 pubmed publisher..This includes tumors that express genes indicating basal HH pathway activation. ..
- Zhu H, Garcia J. Targeting the adrenal gland in castration-resistant prostate cancer: a case for orteronel, a selective CYP-17 17,20-lyase inhibitor. Curr Oncol Rep. 2013;15:105-12 pubmed publisher..Ongoing studies evaluating orteronel in CRPC will further define its safety and role in the management of this disease. ..
- Prins R, Burke R, Tyner J, Druker B, Loriaux M, Spurgeon S. CX-4945, a selective inhibitor of casein kinase-2 (CK2), exhibits anti-tumor activity in hematologic malignancies including enhanced activity in chronic lymphocytic leukemia when combined with fludarabine and inhibitors of the B-cell receptor pathway. Leukemia. 2013;27:2094-6 pubmed publisher
- Lopez G, Song Y, Lam R, Ruder D, Creighton C, Bid H, et al. HDAC Inhibition for the Treatment of Epithelioid Sarcoma: Novel Cross Talk Between Epigenetic Components. Mol Cancer Res. 2016;14:35-43 pubmed publisher..Future investigations targeting specific HDAC isoforms along with EZH2 may potentially maximizing treatment efficacy. ..
- Gross I, Trentino K, Andreescu A, Pierson R, Maietta R, Farmer S. Impact of a Patient Blood Management Program and an Outpatient Anemia Management Protocol on Red Cell Transfusions in Oncology Inpatients and Outpatients. Oncologist. 2016;21:327-32 pubmed publisher..Despite the decreased use of ESA therapy, the implementation of a PBM program and outpatient anemia management protocol in cancer patients at our medical center was associated with significant reductions in RBC usage. ..
- Damaskos C, Garmpis N, Valsami S, Kontos M, Spartalis E, Kalampokas T, et al. Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors: An Attractive Therapeutic Strategy Against Breast Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:35-46 pubmed..Future therapeutic strategies will include combination of HDAC inhibitors and chemotherapy or other inhibitors, in order to target multiple oncogenic signaling pathways. More trials are needed. ..
- Olsen J, Moughan J, Myerson R, Abitbol A, Doncals D, Johnson D, et al. Predictors of Radiation Therapy-Related Gastrointestinal Toxicity From Anal Cancer Dose-Painted Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy: Secondary Analysis of NRG Oncology RTOG 0529. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:400-408 pubmed publisher..Such associations will be incorporated in the dose-volume normal tissue constraint design for future NRG oncology anal cancer studies. ..
- Martin R. Multi-disciplinary management of locally advanced pancreatic cancer with irreversible electroporation. J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:35-45 pubmed publisher..This review will present the current status of initial chemotherapy, surgical therapy, ablative therapy, and radiation therapy for patients with nonmetastatic locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer. ..
- Senadheera S, Zhang T, Groer C, Forrest M. Formation of platinum (II) as a six member ring for sustained polymeric delivery. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;136:452-456 pubmed publisher..Platinum drug release was pH rate controlled, with more rapid release (t1/2 20 h) at acidic pH similar to the tumor microenvironment yet slower release (t1/2 35 h) at normal physiological pH. ..
- Chan J, Deng W, Higgins R, Tewari K, Bonebrake A, Hicks M, et al. A phase II evaluation of brivanib in the treatment of persistent or recurrent carcinoma of the cervix: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;146:554-559 pubmed publisher..Based on early results of this phase II trial, brivanib was well tolerated and demonstrated sufficient activity after first stage but trial was stopped due to lack of drug availability. ..
- Gujarati N, Zeng L, Gupta P, Chen Z, Korlipara V. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of benzamide and phenyltetrazole derivatives with amide and urea linkers as BCRP inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:4698-4704 pubmed publisher..The target compounds did not exhibit reversal effect in P-gp overexpressing resistant cell line SW620/Ad300 suggesting that they are selective BCRP inhibitors. ..
- PAULK N, Loza L, Finegold M, Grompe M. AAV-mediated gene targeting is significantly enhanced by transient inhibition of nonhomologous end joining or the proteasome in vivo. Hum Gene Ther. 2012;23:658-65 pubmed publisher..Functional metabolic correction of a clinically relevant disease model was demonstrated and provided evidence for the feasibility of gene targeting as a therapeutic strategy. ..
- Klempner S, Myers A, Cantley L. What a tangled web we weave: emerging resistance mechanisms to inhibition of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway. Cancer Discov. 2013;3:1345-54 pubmed publisher..Understanding of resistance mechanisms will help to inform more rational clinical trial design to optimize the clinical impact of targeting the PI3K pathway in cancer. ..
- Slavik M, Narasimhan T, Riley C, Slavik J. Changes in serum copper and zinc during treatment with anticancer drugs interfering with pyridoxal phosphate. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1989;258:235-42 pubmed..These results indicate, that daily administration of three anticancer drugs interfering with pyridoxal phosphate causes changes in serum copper and zinc levels with inversed relationship between both changes. ..
- Huang Y, He Q, Hillman M, Rong R, Sheikh M. Sulindac sulfide-induced apoptosis involves death receptor 5 and the caspase 8-dependent pathway in human colon and prostate cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2001;61:6918-24 pubmed..Thus, our results demonstrate that sulindac sulfide also engages the membrane DR pathway involving DR5 and proximal caspase 8 to induce apoptosis. ..
- Hines S, Mincey B, Sloan J, Thomas S, Chottiner E, Loprinzi C, et al. Phase III randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of risedronate for the prevention of bone loss in premenopausal women undergoing chemotherapy for primary breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:1047-53 pubmed publisher..Risedronate prevents bone loss in postmenopausal women. The purpose of this study was to determine whether risedronate prevents bone loss in premenopausal women undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer...
- Evans L, Cowey S, Siegal G, Hardy R. Stearate preferentially induces apoptosis in human breast cancer cells. Nutr Cancer. 2009;61:746-53 pubmed publisher..These results raise the possibility of dietary stearate having a beneficial role in the prevention or treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Yalcin M, Dyskin E, Lansing L, Bharali D, Mousa S, Bridoux A, et al. Tetraiodothyroacetic acid (tetrac) and nanoparticulate tetrac arrest growth of medullary carcinoma of the thyroid. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:1972-80 pubmed publisher..Tetrac also inhibits angiogenesis initiated by vascular endothelial growth factor and basic fibroblast growth factor...
- Kolb E, Kamara D, Zhang W, Lin J, Hingorani P, Baker L, et al. R1507, a fully human monoclonal antibody targeting IGF-1R, is effective alone and in combination with rapamycin in inhibiting growth of osteosarcoma xenografts. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2010;55:67-75 pubmed publisher..As R1507 and other IGF-1R inhibitors advance in clinical trials, it will be important to understand biomarkers of response and pathways of resistance. ..
- Chen J, Dexheimer T, Ai Y, Liang Q, Villamil M, Inglese J, et al. Selective and cell-active inhibitors of the USP1/ UAF1 deubiquitinase complex reverse cisplatin resistance in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Chem Biol. 2011;18:1390-400 pubmed publisher..Our results support USP1/UAF1 as a potential therapeutic target and provide an example of targeting the USP/WD40 repeat protein complex for inhibitor discovery. ..
- Motea E, Lee I, Berdis A. A non-natural nucleoside with combined therapeutic and diagnostic activities against leukemia. ACS Chem Biol. 2012;7:988-98 pubmed publisher..The applications of this novel nucleoside are discussed, focusing on its use as a "theranostic" agent that can improve the accuracy of dosing regimens and accelerate clinical decisions regarding therapeutic intervention. ..
- McBride K, McFadden D, Osler T. Improved survival of patients with pseudomyxoma peritonei receiving intraperitoneal chemotherapy with cytoreductive surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Surg Res. 2013;183:246-52 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to analyze the published studies for improved survival with this treatment strategy...
- De A, De A, Papasian C, HENTGES S, Banerjee S, Haque I, et al. Emblica officinalis extract induces autophagy and inhibits human ovarian cancer cell proliferation, angiogenesis, growth of mouse xenograft tumors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72748 pubmed publisher..Thus AE may prove useful as an alternative or adjunct therapeutic approach in helping to fight OC. ..
- Roy Chaudhuri T, Straubinger N, Pitoniak R, Hylander B, Repasky E, Ma W, et al. Tumor-Priming Smoothened Inhibitor Enhances Deposition and Efficacy of Cytotoxic Nanoparticles in a Pancreatic Cancer Model. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:84-93 pubmed publisher..Based upon these data, short-term sHHI treatment sequenced with nanoparticulate drug carriers constitutes a potential strategy to enhance efficacy of pancreatic cancer therapy. ..
- Kujak C, Kolesar J. Treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2016;73:113-20 pubmed publisher..Imatinib, nilotinib, or dasatinib may be used as first-line therapy, while second- and third-line treatments are determined based on previous failed therapy as well as BCR-ABL mutation status. ..
- Chaudhary U, Haldas J. Long-term complications of chemotherapy for germ cell tumours. Drugs. 2003;63:1565-77 pubmed..Despite these complications, given the potential for cure rates in this young group of patients, the benefits far outweigh the risks. ..
- Peluso J, Liu X, Saunders M, Claffey K, Phoenix K. Regulation of ovarian cancer cell viability and sensitivity to cisplatin by progesterone receptor membrane component-1. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:1592-9 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that targeted depletion of PGRMC1 could be useful as an adjunct to CDDP therapy. ..
- Fields A, Calcagno S, Krishna M, Rak S, Leitges M, Murray N. Protein kinase Cbeta is an effective target for chemoprevention of colon cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1643-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKCbetaII is an important target for colon cancer chemoprevention and the PKCbeta-selective inhibitor enzastaurin may represent an effective chemopreventive agent in patients at high risk for colon cancer. ..
- Sorror M, Sandmaier B, Storer B, Franke G, Laport G, Chauncey T, et al. Long-term outcomes among older patients following nonmyeloablative conditioning and allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for advanced hematologic malignancies. JAMA. 2011;306:1874-83 pubmed publisher..001 overall). Among patients aged 60 to 75 years treated with nonmyeloablative allogeneic HCT, 5-year overall and progression-free survivals were 35% and 32%, respectively. ..
- Craig S, Gao L, Lee I, Gray T, Berdis A. Gold-containing indoles as anticancer agents that potentiate the cytotoxic effects of ionizing radiation. J Med Chem. 2012;55:2437-51 pubmed publisher..Clinical applications of combining Au(I)-indoles with ionizing radiation are discussed as a new strategy to achieve chemosensitization of cancer cells. ..
- Choi H, Zhu B. Critical role of cyclin B1/Cdc2 up-regulation in the induction of mitotic prometaphase arrest in human breast cancer cells treated with 2-methoxyestradiol. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:1306-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, treatment of human cancer cells with 2ME(2) causes up-regulation of cyclin B1 and Cdc2, which then mediate the induction of mitotic prometaphase arrest. ..
- Olson E, Najita J, Sohl J, Arnaout A, Burstein H, Winer E, et al. Clinical outcomes and treatment practice patterns of patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer in the post-trastuzumab era. Breast. 2013;22:525-31 pubmed publisher..CNS disease is a major problem with continued risk of CNS progression over time. Patients demonstrate clinical benefit to multiple lines of HER2-directed therapy. ..
- Rybak L, Husain K, Whitworth C, Somani S. Dose dependent protection by lipoic acid against cisplatin-induced ototoxicity in rats: antioxidant defense system. Toxicol Sci. 1999;47:195-202 pubmed
- Bryce A, Kyle R, Dispenzieri A, Gertz M. Natural history and therapy of 66 patients with mixed cryoglobulinemia. Am J Hematol. 2006;81:511-8 pubmed..Treatment is generally directed at the underlying condition. Not all patients require treatment, and many can be followed and treated symptomatically. ..
- Erdogan E, Lamark T, Stallings Mann M, Lee Jamieson -, Pellecchia M, Pellechia M, et al. Aurothiomalate inhibits transformed growth by targeting the PB1 domain of protein kinase Ciota. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:28450-9 pubmed..We conclude that ATM inhibits cellular transformation by selectively targeting Cys-69 within the PB1 domain of PKCiota. ..
- Shuhaiber J, Cabrera J, Nemeh H. Treatment of a case of primary osteosarcoma of the left heart: a case report. Heart Surg Forum. 2007;10:E30-2 pubmed..Intracavitary sarcoma of the heart is rare. We report a case of primary osteosarcoma of the left atrium and ventricle that was managed with surgical resection and chemotherapy, attaining more than 1-year survival. ..
- Sherbenou D, Wong M, Humayun A, McGreevey L, Harrell P, Yang R, et al. Mutations of the BCR-ABL-kinase domain occur in a minority of patients with stable complete cytogenetic response to imatinib. Leukemia. 2007;21:489-93 pubmed..BCR-ABL-kinase domain mutations in patients with a stable CCR are infrequent, and their detection does not consistently predict relapse. Alternative mechanisms must be responsible for disease persistence in the majority of patients. ..
- Myers R, Greiner S, Harvey M, Griesmann G, Kuffel M, Buhrow S, et al. Preclinical pharmacology and toxicology of intravenous MV-NIS, an oncolytic measles virus administered with or without cyclophosphamide. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2007;82:700-10 pubmed..On the basis of these data, the safe starting dose of MV-NIS for our clinical protocol was set at 1-2 x 10(4) TCID50/kg (10(6) TCID50 per patient). ..