Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in United States
Locale: United States
Publications3427 found, 100 shown here
- Asosingh K, Cheng G, Xu W, Savasky B, Aronica M, Li X, et al. Nascent endothelium initiates Th2 polarization of asthma. J Immunol. 2013;190:3458-65 pubmed publisher..The results identify angiogenic responses in the origins of atopic inflammation...
- Poddar D, Basu A, Baldwin W, Kondratov R, Barik S, Mazumder B. An extraribosomal function of ribosomal protein L13a in macrophages resolves inflammation. J Immunol. 2013;190:3600-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, to our knowledge, our studies provide the first evidence of an essential extraribosomal function of ribosomal protein L13a in resolving physiological inflammation in a mammalian host. ..
- Anderson K, Garner M, Reed H, Cook K, Aguilar R, Horton S, et al. Hemorrhagic diathesis in avian species following intramuscular administration of polysulfated glycosaminoglycan. J Zoo Wildl Med. 2013;44:93-9 pubmed..This report highlights the importance of species-specific dosing of PSGAG and warrants further investigation into the etiopathogenesis of this process. ..
- Clause A, Kim G, Sonntag M, Weisz C, Vetter D, Rubsamen R, et al. The precise temporal pattern of prehearing spontaneous activity is necessary for tonotopic map refinement. Neuron. 2014;82:822-35 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that the precise temporal pattern of spontaneous activity before hearing onset is crucial for the establishment of precise tonotopy, the major organizing principle of central auditory pathways. ..
- Koobatian M, Row S, Smith R, Koenigsknecht C, Andreadis S, Swartz D. Successful endothelialization and remodeling of a cell-free small-diameter arterial graft in a large animal model. Biomaterials. 2016;76:344-58 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration of successful endothelialization, remodeling, and development of vascular function of a cell-free vascular graft that was implanted in the arterial circulation of a pre-clinical animal model. ..
- Ding B, Lager I, Bansal S, Durrett T, Stymne S, LÃ¶fstedt C. The Yeast ATF1 Acetyltransferase Efficiently Acetylates Insect Pheromone Alcohols: Implications for the Biological Production of Moth Pheromones. Lipids. 2016;51:469-75 pubmed publisher..The ATF1 enzyme thus has the potential to serve as the missing enzyme in the reconstruction of the biosynthetic pathway of insect acetate pheromones from precursor fatty acids in yeast. ..
- Dai F, Diederich A, Skopec J, Diederich D. Diabetes-induced endothelial dysfunction in streptozotocin-treated rats: role of prostaglandin endoperoxides and free radicals. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1993;4:1327-36 pubmed..These data indicate that endothelial dysfunction in the renal arteries of diabetic rats may be mediated by the increased production of free radicals and of prostaglandin endoperoxides, which oppose the vasorelaxant effects of EDNO. ..
- Uliasz T, Hewett S. A microtiter trypan blue absorbance assay for the quantitative determination of excitotoxic neuronal injury in cell culture. J Neurosci Methods. 2000;100:157-63 pubmed..Utility of this trypan blue absorbance spectrophotometric assay is likely to extend beyond the study of excitotoxic neuronal injury and should complement existing methods for measuring neuronal viability and cytotoxicity in cell culture...
- Krimsky S. An epistemological inquiry into the endocrine disruptor thesis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2001;948:130-42 pubmed..Reflections on scientific methodology in this field will also help clarify whether endocrine disruptors symbolize a new etiology of chemically induced disease or represent variations of traditional chemical toxicology. ..
- Camp T, Smiley L, Hayden M, Tyagi S. Mechanism of matrix accumulation and glomerulosclerosis in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2003;21:1719-27 pubmed..An important role of MMP-2, MMP-9, and TIMP-4 in hypertensive remodeling of the cortex and medulla in the SHR is demonstrated. ..
- Sun J, Molitor J, Tower J. Effects of simultaneous over-expression of Cu/ZnSOD and MnSOD on Drosophila melanogaster life span. Mech Ageing Dev. 2004;125:341-9 pubmed..When the reduced efficiency of enzyme over-expression per transgene was taken into account, simultaneous over-expression of MnSOD and Cu/ZnSOD was found to have partially additive effects on life span. ..
- Sun L, Evans M, Hsieh J, Panici J, Bartke A. Increased neurogenesis in dentate gyrus of long-lived Ames dwarf mice. Endocrinology. 2005;146:1138-44 pubmed
- Nakayama Y, Kim S, Kim E, Lambris J, Sandor M, Suresh M. C3 promotes expansion of CD8+ and CD4+ T cells in a Listeria monocytogenes infection. J Immunol. 2009;183:2921-31 pubmed publisher..These studies have furthered our understanding of C3-mediated regulation of T cell immunity to intracellular pathogens. ..
- Yamanouchi D, Kato K, Ryer E, Zhang F, Liu B. Protein kinase C delta mediates arterial injury responses through regulation of vascular smooth muscle cell apoptosis. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;85:434-43 pubmed publisher..This induction appears to be a mechanism of arterial response that negatively influences the degree of intimal hyperplasia by stimulating VSMC apoptosis. ..
- Mukherjea D, Jajoo S, Kaur T, Sheehan K, Ramkumar V, Rybak L. Transtympanic administration of short interfering (si)RNA for the NOX3 isoform of NADPH oxidase protects against cisplatin-induced hearing loss in the rat. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;13:589-98 pubmed publisher..This appears to be the first study of the efficacy of transtympanic delivery of siRNA attenuating cisplatin ototoxicity. ..
- HEFFERNAN STROUD L, Obeid L. p53 and regulation of bioactive sphingolipids. Adv Enzyme Regul. 2011;51:219-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that regulation of bioactive sphingolipid signaling molecules could be of therapeutic benefit in the treatment of p53-dependent cancers. ..
- Butler R, Sharko A, Oliver E, Brito Vargas P, Kaigler K, Fadel J, et al. Activation of phenotypically-distinct neuronal subpopulations of the rat amygdala following exposure to predator odor. Neuroscience. 2011;175:133-44 pubmed publisher..With this knowledge, specific neuronal populations could be targeted to further elucidate the fundamental underpinnings of anxiety and could possibly indicate new targets for the therapeutic treatment of anxiety. ..
- Bhandari R, Schinke E, Haque M, Sadler Riggleman I, Skinner M. SRY induced TCF21 genome-wide targets and cascade of bHLH factors during Sertoli cell differentiation and male sex determination in rats. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:131 pubmed publisher..The current observations help elucidate the initial molecular events involved in the induction of Sertoli cell differentiation and testis development. ..
- Rippe J, Angelopoulos T. Sucrose, high-fructose corn syrup, and fructose, their metabolism and potential health effects: what do we really know?. Adv Nutr. 2013;4:236-45 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this review is to summarize current knowledge about the metabolism, endocrine responses, and potential health effects of sucrose, HFCS, and fructose. ..
- Hardee J, Mangum J, Gao S, Sato S, Hetzler K, Puppa M, et al. Eccentric contraction-induced myofiber growth in tumor-bearing mice. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2016;120:29-37 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that cachectic skeletal muscle can initiate a growth response to repeated eccentric muscle contractions, despite the presence of a systemic cachectic environment. ..
- McKeever K, Hinchcliff K, Schmall L, Muir W. Renal tubular function in horses during submaximal exercise. Am J Physiol. 1991;261:R553-60 pubmed..It was concluded that, in horses, submaximal exercise-induced increases in urine flow and sodium excretion are associated with a concurrent increase in the plasma concentration of atrial natriuretic peptide. ..
- Lawrence D, Bolivar V, Hudson C, Mondal T, Pabello N. Antibody induction of lupus-like neuropsychiatric manifestations. J Neuroimmunol. 2007;182:185-94 pubmed
- Basile A, Janowsky A, Golembiowska K, Kowalska M, Tam E, Benveniste M, et al. Characterization of the antinociceptive actions of bicifadine in models of acute, persistent, and chronic pain. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;321:1208-25 pubmed
- Hankin J, Barkley R, Murphy R. Sublimation as a method of matrix application for mass spectrometric imaging. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom. 2007;18:1646-52 pubmed..This inexpensive method was reproducible and eliminated the potential for spreading of analytes arising from solvent deposition during matrix application. ..
- Barycki R, Sicinski R, Plum L, Grzywacz P, Clagett Dame M, DeLuca H. Removal of the 20-methyl group from 2-methylene-19-nor-(20S)-1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) (2MD) selectively eliminates bone calcium mobilization activity. Bioorg Med Chem. 2009;17:7658-69 pubmed publisher..Curiously, removal of both the C-13-methyl and 20-methyl restored slightly the bone calcium mobilizing activity. Thus, the 21-nor analog of 2MD may provide a potent analog with a greater margin of safety than 2MD...
- Rasbach K, Funk J, Jayavelu T, Green P, Schnellmann R. 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor stimulation of mitochondrial biogenesis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;332:632-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to demonstrate 5-HT receptor-mediated mitochondrial biogenesis, and we suggest that 5-HT-agonists may be effective in the treatment of mitochondrial and cell injury. ..
- Remacle A, Gawlik K, Golubkov V, Cadwell G, Liddington R, Cieplak P, et al. Selective and potent furin inhibitors protect cells from anthrax without significant toxicity. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:987-95 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the inhibitors we have designed have a promising potential as selective anthrax inhibitors, without affecting major cell functions. ..
- Reft A, Daly M. Morphology, distribution, and evolution of apical structure of nematocysts in hexacorallia. J Morphol. 2012;273:121-36 pubmed publisher..At present, the operculum is interpreted as a synapomorphy for Medusozoa, but either it or an apical cap is the ancestral state for nematocysts. ..
- Dhakar M, Rich M, Reno E, Lee H, Caldwell H. Heightened aggressive behavior in mice with lifelong versus postweaning knockout of the oxytocin receptor. Horm Behav. 2012;62:86-92 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that Oxt may play an important role during development in the organization of the neural circuits that underlie aggressive behavior in adulthood, with its absence resulting in heightened aggression. ..
- Smith E, Geissler S, Schallert T, Lee H. The role of central amygdala dopamine in disengagement behavior. Behav Neurosci. 2013;127:164-74 pubmed publisher..The D2 antagonist had no effects on any of the behaviors tested. Our results suggest that CeA dopamine function is involved in modulation of disengagement behavior. ..
- Lai Y, Tabima D, Dube J, Hughan K, Vanderpool R, Goncharov D, et al. SIRT3-AMP-Activated Protein Kinase Activation by Nitrite and Metformin Improves Hyperglycemia and Normalizes Pulmonary Hypertension Associated With Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. Circulation. 2016;133:717-31 pubmed publisher..These studies validate a rodent model of metabolic syndrome and PH-HFpEF, suggesting a potential role of nitrite and metformin as a preventative treatment for this disease. ..
- Luhring K, Mullens B. Improved rearing methods for Heleidomermis magnapapula (Nematoda: Mermithidae), a larval parasite of Culicoides variipennis sonorensis (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae). J Med Entomol. 1997;34:704-9 pubmed..v. sonorensis larvae. Overall, parasite production was more time- and labor-efficient when larvae were parasitized in regular colony pans compared with petri dishes. ..
- Clock Eddins A, Salvi R, Wang J, Powers N. Threshold-duration functions of chinchilla auditory nerve fibers. Hear Res. 1998;119:135-41 pubmed..The slope of threshold improvement decreased systematically with increasing CF, consistent with previous physiological and psychophysical data. ..
- Grenier J, Carroll S. Functional evolution of the Ultrabithorax protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:704-9 pubmed..The inability of OUbx to function like Drosophila Ubx (DUbx) in the embryonic ectoderm indicates that the Ubx protein may have acquired new cofactors or activity modifiers since the divergence of the onychophoran and insect lineages. ..
- Paria B, Song H, Wang X, Schmid P, Krebsbach R, Schmid H, et al. Dysregulated cannabinoid signaling disrupts uterine receptivity for embryo implantation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:20523-8 pubmed..The present study is clinically important because of the widely debated medicinal use of cannabinoids and their reported adverse effects on pregnancy. ..
- Bearer C. L1 cell adhesion molecule signal cascades: targets for ethanol developmental neurotoxicity. Neurotoxicology. 2001;22:625-33 pubmed..These data indicate that L1 and its associated signaling pathways are potentially targets for developmental neurotoxicants. ..
- Gudz T, Schneider T, Haas T, Macklin W. Myelin proteolipid protein forms a complex with integrins and may participate in integrin receptor signaling in oligodendrocytes. J Neurosci. 2002;22:7398-407 pubmed..These data establish a novel function for PLP as a part of the integrin signaling complex in oligodendrocytes and suggest that neurotransmitter-mediated integrin receptor signaling may be involved in myelinogenesis. ..
- Blanco G. Functional expression of the alpha4 isoform of the Na,K-ATPase in both diploid and haploid germ cells of male rats. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2003;986:536-8 pubmed
- Warner D, Roberts E, Greene R, Pisano M. Identification of novel Smad binding proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:1185-90 pubmed..The identification of these proteins as Smad binding partners allows exploration of new mechanisms whereby TGFbeta signaling may be regulated, and reveals additional potential interactions with other signaling pathways. ..
- Kousba A, Sultatos L, Poet T, Timchalk C. Comparison of chlorpyrifos-oxon and paraoxon acetylcholinesterase inhibition dynamics: potential role of a peripheral binding site. Toxicol Sci. 2004;80:239-48 pubmed..These results support the potential importance of a secondary peripheral binding site associated with AChE kinetics, particularly at low, environmentally relevant concentrations. ..
- Levey D, Bolker B, Tewksbury J, Sargent S, Haddad N. Effects of landscape corridors on seed dispersal by birds. Science. 2005;309:146-8 pubmed..Our study shows how models based on easily observed behaviors can be scaled up to predict landscape-level processes...
- ..Awareness of environmental and behavioral methods that can prevent iron loading plus development of pharmaceutical agents that can block microbial access to iron may help to reduce our dependence on antibiotics. ..
- Gupta S, Kim S, Artis S, Molfese D, Schumacher A, Sweatt J, et al. Histone methylation regulates memory formation. J Neurosci. 2010;30:3589-99 pubmed publisher..Zif268 DNA methylation levels returned to baseline at 24 h. Together, these data demonstrate that histone methylation is actively regulated in the hippocampus and facilitates long-term memory formation. ..
- Hobbs T, O Malley J, Khouangsathiene S, Dubay C. Comparison of lactate, base excess, bicarbonate, and pH as predictors of mortality after severe trauma in rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta). Comp Med. 2010;60:233-9 pubmed..Analysis of the 4 variables after resuscitation therapy indicated that lactate was the only variable significantly associated with survival in our study. ..
- Shivanna M, Srinivas S. Elevated cAMP opposes (TNF-alpha)-induced loss in the barrier integrity of corneal endothelium. Mol Vis. 2010;16:1781-90 pubmed..This study investigates whether elevated cAMP is effective against the tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha)-induced loss of barrier integrity in monolayers of bovine corneal endothelial cells (BCEC)...
- Xia K, Zhang S, Bathrick B, Liu S, Garcia Y, Colon W. Quantifying the kinetic stability of hyperstable proteins via time-dependent SDS trapping. Biochemistry. 2012;51:100-7 pubmed publisher..The S-TraP method shown here is extremely accessible, sample-efficient, cost-effective, compatible with impure or complex samples, and will be useful for exploring the biological and pathological roles of kinetic stability. ..
- ZaldÃvar LÃ³pez S, ROWELL J, Fiala E, Zapata I, Couto C, Alvarez C. Comparative genomics of canine hemoglobin genes reveals primacy of beta subunit delta in adult carnivores. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:141 pubmed publisher..Our findings are also likely to raise new questions about the significance of human HBD. The comparative genomics of dog hemoglobin genes sets the stage for diverse research and translation. ..
- Salz H. The genetic analysis of snf: a Drosophila sex determination gene required for activation of Sex-lethal in both the germline and the soma. Genetics. 1992;130:547-54 pubmed..In contrast, snf does appear to be essential for activation of Sex-lethal in the germline, as evidenced by its female-sterile phenotype. ..
- Izat A, Tidwell N, Thomas R, Reiber M, Adams M, Colberg M, et al. Effects of a buffered propionic acid in diets on the performance of broiler chickens and on microflora of the intestine and carcass. Poult Sci. 1990;69:818-26 pubmed..There was a significant interaction between the Salmonella dosage and the time of feeding BPA on dressing percentage.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Houmard J, O Neill D, Zheng D, Hickey M, Dohm G. Impact of hyperinsulinemia on myosin heavy chain gene regulation. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1999;86:1828-32 pubmed..In contrast, type IIX MHC mRNA increased (P < 0.05) with hyperinsulinemia compared with the fasted condition. These data indicate that hyperinsulinemia rapidly increases type IIx MHC mRNA in human skeletal muscle...
- Beringer J, Hansen L, Stallknecht D. An epizootic of hemorrhagic disease in white-tailed deer in Missouri. J Wildl Dis. 2000;36:588-91 pubmed..During this mortality event, the Missouri Department of Conservation received no reports of dead deer, and without the radio-monitored animals the event would have been undetected...
- Chiu I, Touhalisky K, Liu Y, Yates A, Frostholm A. Tumorigenesis in transgenic mice in which the SV40 T antigen is driven by the brain-specific FGF1 promoter. Oncogene. 2000;19:6229-39 pubmed..This immunophenotype is consistent with the tumor being at an early stage of differentiation. Therefore, these mice may provide a valuable tool for the study of tumorigenesis, replenishment and differentiation of neural stem cells. ..
- Li X, Low S, Miura M, Weimbs T. SNARE expression and localization in renal epithelial cells suggest mechanism for variability of trafficking phenotypes. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;283:F1111-22 pubmed..These results suggest that epithelial membrane trafficking phenotypes in vivo are highly variable and that different cell types express or localize SNARE proteins differentially as a mechanism to achieve this variability. ..
- Haley P. Species differences in the structure and function of the immune system. Toxicology. 2003;188:49-71 pubmed..This review is an exploration of various species differences in the structure and function of the immune system and an attempt to identify those differences that may be important in the conduct of immunotoxicity tests. ..
- Zykova T, Zhang Y, Zhu F, Bode A, Dong Z. The signal transduction networks required for phosphorylation of STAT1 at Ser727 in mouse epidermal JB6 cells in the UVB response and inhibitory mechanisms of tea polyphenols. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:331-42 pubmed..We also show an inhibitory effect of theaflavins and EGCG on UVB-induced STAT1 (Ser727), ERKs, JNKs, PDK1 and p90RSK2 phosphorylation. ..
- Wang L, Liu J, Saha P, Huang J, Chan L, Spiegelman B, et al. The orphan nuclear receptor SHP regulates PGC-1alpha expression and energy production in brown adipocytes. Cell Metab. 2005;2:227-38 pubmed..The orphan nuclear receptor ERRgamma is expressed in BAT and its transactivation of the PGC-1alpha promoter is potently inhibited by SHP. We conclude that SHP functions as a negative regulator of energy production in BAT. ..
- Culp S, Mellick P, Trotter R, Greenlees K, Kodell R, Beland F. Carcinogenicity of malachite green chloride and leucomalachite green in B6C3F1 mice and F344 rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2006;44:1204-12 pubmed..Female mice fed leucomalachite green had a dose-related increasing trend in the incidence of hepatocellular adenoma or carcinoma, with the incidence being significant in the highest dose group...
- Uy J, Moyle R, Filardi C, Cheviron Z. Difference in plumage color used in species recognition between incipient species is linked to a single amino acid substitution in the melanocortin-1 receptor. Am Nat. 2009;174:244-54 pubmed publisher..Assuming that the signals used in species recognition are also used in mutual mate choice, our results indicate that a single amino acid substitution contributes to speciation. ..
- Hoque M, Mathews M, PE ERY T. Progranulin (granulin/epithelin precursor) and its constituent granulin repeats repress transcription from cellular promoters. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:224-33 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that intracellular GEP is a promoter-specific transcriptional repressor that modulates the function of cellular and viral transcription factors. ..
- Chadalavada D, Gratton E, Bevilacqua P. The human HDV-like CPEB3 ribozyme is intrinsically fast-reacting. Biochemistry. 2010;49:5321-30 pubmed publisher..It is therefore possible that cellular factors interact with regions upstream of the CPEB3 ribozyme to unmask its high intrinsic reactivity. ..
- Dong M, Rice L, Lepler S, Pampo C, Siemann D. Impact of the Src inhibitor saracatinib on the metastatic phenotype of a fibrosarcoma (KHT) tumor model. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:4405-13 pubmed..0 to 5.0 (p<0.05) and less than 1.0 (p<0.01), respectively. These findings suggest that Src inhibition by saracatinib may reduce the metastatic activity of tumor cells. ..
- Ojha J, Karmegam R, Masilamoni J, Terry A, Cashikar A. Behavioral defects in chaperone-deficient Alzheimer's disease model mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16550 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight a synergistic effect of combining chaperone deficiency in a transgenic mouse model for AD underscoring an important role for chaperones in protein misfolding diseases. ..
- Abdulrahman B, Khweek A, Akhter A, Caution K, Kotrange S, Abdelaziz D, et al. Autophagy stimulation by rapamycin suppresses lung inflammation and infection by Burkholderia cenocepacia in a model of cystic fibrosis. Autophagy. 2011;7:1359-70 pubmed publisher..cepacia infection and ameliorate the associated inflammation. Therefore, autophagy is a novel target for new drug development for CF patients to control B. cepacia infection and accompanying inflammation...
- Benson D, Bakan C, Zhang S, Collins S, Liang J, Srivastava S, et al. IPH2101, a novel anti-inhibitory KIR antibody, and lenalidomide combine to enhance the natural killer cell versus multiple myeloma effect. Blood. 2011;118:6387-91 pubmed publisher..These mechanistic, preclinical data support the use of a combination of IPH2101 and lenalidomide in a phase 2 trial for MM. ..
- Busse W. The brain and asthma: what are the linkages?. Chem Immunol Allergy. 2012;98:14-31 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that chronic stress enhances asthma severity through a number of novel mechanisms and the resulting increase in severity of asthma may not be responsiveness to standardly used treatments. ..
- GOODLY L, Jarrell V, Miller M, Banks M, Anderson T, Branson K, et al. Developing a Comprehensive Animal Care Occupational Health and Safety Program at a Land-Grant Institution. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2016;55:50-7 pubmed..The future direction and development of the animal care OHSP will be based on the research trends of campus, identification of emerging health and safety hazards, and ongoing evaluation and refinement of the program. ..
- Bastos R, Howard Z, Hiroyasu A, Goodman A. Host and Bacterial Factors Control Susceptibility of Drosophila melanogaster to Coxiella burnetii Infection. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..Our work also demonstrates the usefulness of this BSL2 model to investigate both host and Coxiella components implicated in infection. ..
- Patterson T, Kosh J. Elucidation of the rapid in vivo metabolism of arecoline. Gen Pharmacol. 1993;24:641-7 pubmed..4. ISO-OMPA significantly inhibited ARE metabolism by purified porcine liver carboxylesterase. 5. The data suggest that carboxylesterase (EC 220.127.116.11) is primarily responsible for the metabolism of ARE in the mouse. ..
- Gilmore E, Ohshima T, Goffinet A, Kulkarni A, Herrup K. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5-deficient mice demonstrate novel developmental arrest in cerebral cortex. J Neurosci. 1998;18:6370-7 pubmed..We propose a model in which the cdk5(-/-) defect blocks cortical development at a heretofore undescribed intermediate stage, after the splitting of the preplate, but before the migration of the full complement of cortical neurons. ..
- Rey Cuille M, Hu S. Conserved CXCR4 usage and enhanced replicative capacity of HIV-2/287, an isolate highly pathogenic in Macaca nemestrina. AIDS. 2001;15:2349-57 pubmed..nemestrina to a highly pathogenic virus HIV-2/287 is not correlated with a shift in or an expansion of coreceptor usage, but with the acquisition of an ability to overcome restrictions for growth in macaque PBMC. ..
- Alto N, Carlisle Michel J, Dodge K, Langeberg L, Scott J. Intracellular targeting of protein kinases and phosphatases. Diabetes. 2002;51 Suppl 3:S385-8 pubmed
- Butz D, Cook M, Eghbalnia H, Assadi Porter F, Porter W. Changes in the natural abundance of 13CO2/12CO2 in breath due to lipopolysacchride-induced acute phase response. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2009;23:3729-35 pubmed publisher..The exhaled breath 13CO2 delta value may be a valuable real-time biomarker of cachexia associated with an acute phase response due to endotoxemia. ..
- Roberts M, Sigal I, Liang Y, Burgoyne C, Downs J. Changes in the biomechanical response of the optic nerve head in early experimental glaucoma. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:5675-84 pubmed publisher..The models indicated that the LC tissues in EG eyes were more plaint than those in the contralateral normal eyes in two of three monkeys. ..
- Kehres D, Zaharik M, Finlay B, Maguire M. The NRAMP proteins of Salmonella typhimurium and Escherichia coli are selective manganese transporters involved in the response to reactive oxygen. Mol Microbiol. 2000;36:1085-100 pubmed..typhimurium mntH mutants showed only a slight attenuation of virulence in BALB/c mice. Thus, the NRAMP Mn2+ transporter MntH and Mn2+ play a role in bacterial response to reactive oxygen species and possibly have a role in pathogenesis. ..
- Krueger D, Kelly S, Lewicki D, Ruffolo R, Gallagher T. Variations in disparate regions of the murine coronavirus spike protein impact the initiation of membrane fusion. J Virol. 2001;75:2792-802 pubmed
- Kelley G, Ondrako J, Reks S. Fuel and hormone regulation of phospholipase C beta 1 and delta 1 overexpressed in RINm5F pancreatic beta cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2001;177:107-15 pubmed
- Frazier C, Serrano J, George E, Yu X, Viswanathan A, Perez Reyes E, et al. Gating kinetics of the alpha1I T-type calcium channel. J Gen Physiol. 2001;118:457-70 pubmed..This suggests that T-channels share a common gating mechanism, but with considerable quantitative variability. ..
- Gamelli R, He L, Hahn E. Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor: release is not impaired after burn wound infection. J Trauma. 2002;53:284-9; discussion 289-90 pubmed
- Walter G, Cordier L, Bloy D, Sweeney H. Noninvasive monitoring of gene correction in dystrophic muscle. Magn Reson Med. 2005;54:1369-76 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that therapeutic correction of dystrophic lesions can be noninvasively monitored using endogenous MR contrast. This may be particularly relevant for future interventions in children with muscular dystrophy. ..
- Jiang Q, Yan Z, Feng J. Activation of group III metabotropic glutamate receptors attenuates rotenone toxicity on dopaminergic neurons through a microtubule-dependent mechanism. J Neurosci. 2006;26:4318-28 pubmed..These findings may offer a novel neuroprotective approach against rotenone-induced parkinsonism. ..
- Gautam R, Carter A, Katz N, Butler I, Barnes M, Hasegawa A, et al. In vitro characterization of primary SIVsmm isolates belonging to different lineages. In vitro growth on rhesus macaque cells is not predictive for in vivo replication in rhesus macaques. Virology. 2007;362:257-70 pubmed..In vivo, SIVsmm isolates replicated at high levels in all SIVsmm-infected Rh. The poor in vitro replication of primary SIVsmm isolates in Rh cells did not correlate with in vivo replication, emphasizing the value of in vivo studies...
- Rosenblatt J. Gilbert Gottlieb: intermediator between psychology and evolutionary biology. Dev Psychobiol. 2007;49:800-7 pubmed..Unlike other efforts to incorporate evolution in psychology, Gottlieb's theoretical contribution was based on actual evolutionary processes including recent developments in the field of evo-devo. ..
- Hsu W, Wang J, Liu N, Krenek L, Zuk P, Hedrick M, et al. Stem cells from human fat as cellular delivery vehicles in an athymic rat posterolateral spine fusion model. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008;90:1043-52 pubmed publisher..Adipose-derived stem cells show promise as gene transduction targets for inducing bone formation to enhance spinal fusion in biologically stringent environments. ..
- Liu R, Carretero O, Ren Y, Wang H, Garvin J. Intracellular pH regulates superoxide production by the macula densa. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F851-6 pubmed publisher..We found that elevated pH(i) enhances O(2)(-) production from NAD(P)H oxidase induced by increasing luminal NaCl when the lumen is perfused with 80 mM NaCl, not 10 mM, and O(2)(-) production is pH sensitive, with an optimum pH(i) of 8. ..
- Minhajuddin M, Bijli K, Fazal F, Sassano A, Nakayama K, Hay N, et al. Protein kinase C-delta and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt activate mammalian target of rapamycin to modulate NF-kappaB activation and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) expression in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:4052-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data reveal an important role of PKC-delta and PI3K/Akt pathways in activating mTOR as an endogenous modulator to ensure a tight regulation of NF-kappaB signaling of ICAM-1 expression in endothelial cells. ..