Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in United States
Locale: United States
Publications762 found, 100 shown here
- Cresko W, Yan Y, Baltrus D, Amores A, Singer A, Rodriguez Mari A, et al. Genome duplication, subfunction partitioning, and lineage divergence: Sox9 in stickleback and zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:480-9 pubmed..We conclude that some gene subfunctions, as represented by lineage-specific expression domains, may have assorted differently in separate lineages and that these may have contributed to lineage diversification during teleost evolution. ..
- Wang S, Polo Parada L, Landmesser L. Characterization of rhythmic Ca2+ transients in early embryonic chick motoneurons: Ca2+ sources and effects of altered activation of transmitter receptors. J Neurosci. 2009;29:15232-44 pubmed publisher..Many early events in spinal motor circuit formation are thus potentially sensitive to the rhythmic Ca(2+) transients we have characterized and to any drugs that perturb them. ..
- Ezak M, Ferkey D. A functional nuclear localization sequence in the C. elegans TRPV channel OCR-2. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25047 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the OCR-2 TRPV cation channel may have a direct nuclear function in neuronal cells that was not previously appreciated. ..
- Lu D, Willard D, Patel I, Kadwell S, Overton L, Kost T, et al. Agouti protein is an antagonist of the melanocyte-stimulating-hormone receptor. Nature. 1994;371:799-802 pubmed..Consequently, the obesity caused by ectopic expression of agouti in the lethal yellow (Ay) mouse may be due to the inhibition of melanocortin receptor(s) outside the hair follicle. ..
- Monreal A, Zonana J, Ferguson B. Identification of a new splice form of the EDA1 gene permits detection of nearly all X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia mutations. Am J Hum Genet. 1998;63:380-9 pubmed..Direct diagnosis will allow carrier detection in families with a single affected male and will assist in distinguishing XLHED from the rarer, clinically indistinguishable, autosomal recessive form of the disorder. ..
- Uhl E, Jacobson E, Bartick T, Micinilio J, Schimdt R. Aural-pharyngeal polyps associated with Cryptosporidium infection in three iguanas (Iguana iguana). Vet Pathol. 2001;38:239-42 pubmed..Electron microscopy revealed that the majority of organisms were trophozoites...
- Wang C, Jenkitkasemwong S, Duarte S, Sparkman B, Shawki A, Mackenzie B, et al. ZIP8 is an iron and zinc transporter whose cell-surface expression is up-regulated by cellular iron loading. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:34032-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data identify ZIP8 as an iron transport protein that may function in iron metabolism. ..
- Jung S, Hille B, Nguyen T, Koh D. Cyclic AMP potentiates Ca2+-dependent exocytosis in pancreatic duct epithelial cells. J Gen Physiol. 2010;135:527-43 pubmed publisher..In addition, mechanisms underlying this potentiation of slow exocytosis may also exist in other cell systems. ..
- Kuang Y, Salem N, Tian H, Kolthammer J, Corn D, Wu C, et al. Imaging lipid synthesis in hepatocellular carcinoma with [methyl-11c]choline: correlation with in vivo metabolic studies. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:98-106 pubmed publisher..This study was designed to examine the relationship between choline metabolism and choline tracer uptake in HCC for PET with 11C-choline...
- McMillan P, Kraemer B, Robinson L, Leverenz J, Raskind M, Schellenberg G. Truncation of tau at E391 promotes early pathologic changes in transgenic mice. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2011;70:1006-19 pubmed publisher..In addition, these mice exhibit atypical neuritic tau immunoreactivity, including abnormal neuritic processes and dystrophic neurites. These results suggest that changes in tau proteolysis can initiate tauopathy. ..
- Perederiy J, Luikart B, Washburn E, Schnell E, Westbrook G. Neural injury alters proliferation and integration of adult-generated neurons in the dentate gyrus. J Neurosci. 2013;33:4754-67 pubmed publisher..The presence of de novo dendritic spines in the denervated zone suggests that the postlesion environment provides the necessary signals for spine formation. ..
- Bischof G, Magnani D, Ricciardi M, Shin Y, Domingues A, Bailey V, et al. Use of a Recombinant Gamma-2 Herpesvirus Vaccine Vector against Dengue Virus in Rhesus Monkeys. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the potential utility of recombinant herpesviruses as vaccine vectors. ..
- Wang S, Dunphy W. Activation of Xenopus Chk1 by mutagenesis of threonine-377. FEBS Lett. 2000;487:277-81 pubmed..Thr-377 does not appear to be a site of phosphorylation in Xchk1. These findings suggest that Thr-377 may play a role in suppressing the activity of Xchk1. ..
- Ateya D, Sachs F, Gottlieb P, Besch S, Hua S. Volume cytometry: microfluidic sensor for high-throughput screening in real time. Anal Chem. 2005;77:1290-4 pubmed..The prototype chip made in silicon is inexpensive, reusable, and runs on low-voltage electrical power. The technology can be readily transferred to large arrays in plastic. ..
- Matos G, Hammadeh R, Francois C, McCarthy R, Leya F. Controlled myocardial infarction induced by intracoronary injection of n-butyl cyanoacrylatein dogs: a feasibility study. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2005;66:244-53 pubmed..Improvement of the delivery system is necessary to eliminate inadvertent embolization. Long-term follow-up is needed to study the GR induced by n-BCA...
- Palmer J, Tulley J, Kovacs E, Gamelli R, Taniguchi M, Faunce D. Injury-induced suppression of effector T cell immunity requires CD1d-positive APCs and CD1d-restricted NKT cells. J Immunol. 2006;177:92-9 pubmed
- Kuhn P, Chumanov R, Wang Y, Ge Y, Burgess R, Xu W. Automethylation of CARM1 allows coupling of transcription and mRNA splicing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:2717-26 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our study identifies a self-regulatory signaling mechanism from CARM1's catalytic domain to its CTD. ..
- Zurawski Z, Rodriguez S, Hyde K, Alford S, Hamm H. GÎ²Î³ Binds to the Extreme C Terminus of SNAP25 to Mediate the Action of Gi/o-Coupled G Protein-Coupled Receptors. Mol Pharmacol. 2016;89:75-83 pubmed publisher..Syt1 calcium-dependent binding to SNAP25Î”3 was reduced by a small extent compared with the wild type. We conclude that the extreme C terminus of SNAP25 is a critical region for the GÎ²Î³-SNARE interaction. ..
- Lu Y, Lowery A, Sun L, Singer H, Dai G, Adam A, et al. Endothelial Myocyte Enhancer Factor 2c Inhibits Migration of Smooth Muscle Cells Through Fenestrations in the Internal Elastic Lamina. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1380-1390 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that endothelial Mef2c regulates the endothelial actin cytoskeleton and inhibits smooth muscle cell migration into the intima. ..
- Plowman G, Green J, Neubauer M, Buckley S, McDonald V, Todaro G, et al. The epithelin precursor encodes two proteins with opposing activities on epithelial cell growth. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:13073-8 pubmed..The broad expression profile of epithelin transcripts, along with the opposing activities of the two mature protein products, implicates these factors as natural mediators of epithelial homeostasis. ..
- Zeng S, Jin Y, Kuninger D, Rotwein P, Lu H. The acetylase activity of p300 is dispensable for MDM2 stabilization. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7453-8 pubmed..Thus, these results suggest that p300 appears to stabilize MDM2 by retaining this protein in a specific nuclear structure rather than by acetylating it. ..
- Babizhayev M, Nikolayev G, Goryachev S, Bours J, Martin R. Hydration properties of the molecular chaperone alpha-crystallin in the bovine lens. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2003;68:1145-55 pubmed
- Khodaverdian V, Pesho M, Truitt B, Bollinger L, Patel P, Nithianantham S, et al. Discovery of antivirulence agents against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:3645-52 pubmed publisher..This represents a new use for an old drug. Antivirulence agents might be useful in prophylaxis and as adjuvants in antibiotic therapy for MRSA infections. ..
- Shapiro R, Palmer D, Cislo T. A deletion mutation in the third cytoplasmic loop of the mouse m1 muscarinic acetylcholine receptor unmasks cryptic G-protein binding sites. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:21734-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate multiple G-proteins can interact with an individual receptor, that the same receptor may couple to different second messenger pathways, and that these responses can vary in a cell type-specific manner. ..
- Contakos S, Gaydos C, Pfeil E, McLaughlin K. Subdividing the embryo: a role for Notch signaling during germ layer patterning in Xenopus laevis. Dev Biol. 2005;288:294-307 pubmed
- Su W, Bush C, Necela B, Calcagno S, Murray N, Fields A, et al. Differential expression, distribution, and function of PPAR-gamma in the proximal and distal colon. Physiol Genomics. 2007;30:342-53 pubmed
- Mordica W, Gallagher R, Kennedy J, Chapes S. Male CD81 knockout genotype disrupts Mendelian distribution of offspring. Comp Med. 2010;60:196-9 pubmed..Sex distribution did not differ among pups sired by CD81(null/null) compared with CD81(+/null) mice. The data suggest that the effect of the CD81(null/null) paternal genotype on offspring is manifested early in development or in utero. ..
- Matt S, Johnson R. Neuro-immune dysfunction during brain aging: new insights in microglial cell regulation. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2016;26:96-101 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the underlying mechanisms responsible for neuro-immune dysregulation with age is crucial for providing targeted therapeutic strategies to support brain repair and healthy aging. ..
- Mustacich D, Shields J, Horton R, Brown M, Reed D. Biliary secretion of alpha-tocopherol and the role of the mdr2 P-glycoprotein in rats and mice. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1998;350:183-92 pubmed..Our results indicate that alpha-T undergoes enterohepatic circulation and that the biliary secretion of alpha-T, basally and following chemical treatment, is dependent on the presence of a functioning mdr2 Pgp in rats and mice...
- Brewer G, Reichensperger J, Brinton R. Prevention of age-related dysregulation of calcium dynamics by estrogen in neurons. Neurobiol Aging. 2006;27:306-17 pubmed..These results demonstrate age-associated dysregulation of [Ca2+]i homeostasis which was largely prevented by 17beta-estradiol with implications for estrogen/hormone therapy. ..
- Ativanichayaphong T, He J, Hagains C, Peng Y, Chiao J. A combined wireless neural stimulating and recording system for study of pain processing. J Neurosci Methods. 2008;170:25-34 pubmed publisher..Our wireless system has provided an opportunity for further study of pain processing with closed-loop stimulation paradigm in a potential new pain relief method. ..
- McClintock C, Kertesz V, Hettich R. Development of an electrochemical oxidation method for probing higher order protein structure with mass spectrometry. Anal Chem. 2008;80:3304-17 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that electrochemical oxidation using a boron-doped diamond electrode has the potential to become a useful and easily accessible tool for conducting oxidative surface mapping experiments. ..
- Daosukho C, Ittarat W, Lin S, Sawyer D, Kiningham K, Lien Y, et al. Induction of manganese superoxide dismutase (MnSOD) mediates cardioprotective effect of tamoxifen (TAM). J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005;39:792-803 pubmed..These results suggested that TAM-induced MnSOD expression is at least, in part, contribute to the cardioprotective effects of TAM...
- McMullen C, Ferry A, Gamboa J, Andrade F, Dupont Versteegden E. Age-related changes of cell death pathways in rat extraocular muscle. Exp Gerontol. 2009;44:420-5 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we suggest that the decrease in autophagy with age leads to the accumulation of damaged organelles, particularly mitochondria, which results in the decrease in function observed in EOM with age. ..
- Nelson C, Otis J, Carey H. Global analysis of circulating metabolites in hibernating ground squirrels. Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics. 2010;5:265-73 pubmed publisher..IBA. Our results identified several biochemical changes not previously observed in the seasonal hibernation cycle, including some that may provide insight into the metabolic limitations of mammalian torpor...
- Tamiya S, Dean W, Paterson C, Delamere N. Regional distribution of Na,K-ATPase activity in porcine lens epithelium. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:4395-9 pubmed..It is possible that nonuniform distribution of functional Na,K-ATPase activity contributes to the driving force for circulating solute movement through the lens fiber mass. ..
- Inman K, Downs K. Localization of Brachyury (T) in embryonic and extraembryonic tissues during mouse gastrulation. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:783-93 pubmed..Together, these data provide a unified picture of T in the mammalian conceptus, and demonstrate T's presence in unrelated cell types and tissues in highly dynamic spatiotemporal patterns in both embryonic and extraembryonic tissues. ..
- Loughin C, Marino D. Evaluation of thermographic imaging of the limbs of healthy dogs. Am J Vet Res. 2007;68:1064-9 pubmed..Although the coat had a predictable influence to decrease the mean temperature, thermal patterns remained fairly consistent after the coat was clipped. ..
- Kim S, von Recum H. Endothelial progenitor populations in differentiating embryonic stem cells I: Identification and differentiation kinetics. Tissue Eng Part A. 2009;15:3709-18 pubmed publisher..Our findings show the differentiation kinetics of the various EC promoters and how different endothelial promoters can be used to select distinct subpopulations of ECs and endothelial precursors across a spectrum of differentiation. ..
- Booton G, Schuster F, Carmichael J, Fuerst P, Byers T. Balamuthia mandrillaris: identification of clinical and environmental isolates using genus-specific PCR. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2003;50 Suppl:508-9 pubmed
- Reidling J, Said H. Regulation of the human biotin transporter hSMVT promoter by KLF-4 and AP-2: confirmation of promoter activity in vivo. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C1305-12 pubmed..The results demonstrate, for the first time, the importance of KLF-4 and AP-2 in regulating the activity of the hSMVT promoter in the intestine and provide direct in vivo confirmation of hSMVT promoter activity. ..
- McGinty J, Whitfield T, Berglind W. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and cocaine addiction. Brain Res. 2010;1314:183-93 pubmed publisher..Thus, BDNF may have local effects at the site of infusion and distal effects in target areas that are critical to mediating or preventing cocaine-induced dysfunctional neuroadaptations. ..
- Brott D, Diamond M, Campbell P, Zuvich A, Cheatham L, Bentley P, et al. An acute rat in vivo screening model to predict compounds that alter blood glucose and/or insulin regulation. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2013;68:190-196 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the same in vivo rat model and assays can be used to predict both clinical safety and efficacy of compounds. ..
- Takacs C, Amore G, Oliveri P, Poustka A, Wang D, Burke R, et al. Expression of an NK2 homeodomain gene in the apical ectoderm defines a new territory in the early sea urchin embryo. Dev Biol. 2004;269:152-64 pubmed publisher..1 overexpression experiments do not disrupt embryonic development and have no effect upon the development of neuronal components of the apical organ. Nonetheless, SpNK2.1 defines a new early territory of the sea urchin embryo...
- O Neal S, Townes J, Wilkins P, Noh J, Lee D, Rodriguez S, et al. Seroprevalence of antibodies against Taenia solium cysticerci among refugees resettled in United States. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:431-8 pubmed publisher..Improved understanding of the prevalence of epilepsy and other associated diseases among refugees could guide recommendations for their evaluation and treatment before, during, and after resettlement. ..
- Hunt P, Marquis B, Tyner K, Conklin S, Olejnik N, Nelson B, et al. Nanosilver suppresses growth and induces oxidative damage to DNA in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Appl Toxicol. 2013;33:1131-42 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that medium-throughput growth screening and DNA damage analysis along with morphology assessments in C. elegans could together provide powerful tools for rapid toxicity screening of nanomaterials. ..
- Hechemy K, Oteo J, Raoult D, Silverman D, Blanco J. A century of rickettsiology: emerging, reemerging rickettsioses, clinical, epidemiologic, and molecular diagnostic aspects and emerging veterinary rickettsioses: an overview. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1078:1-14 pubmed..Presentations on veterinary rickettsiology highlight the importance of the rickettsiae in animal husbandry...
- Kim H, Gieske M, Hudgins S, Kim B, Krust A, Chambon P, et al. Estrogen receptor alpha-induced cholecystokinin type A receptor expression in the female mouse pituitary. J Endocrinol. 2007;195:393-405 pubmed..Taken together, this study finds CCK-AR to be an ERalpha downstream gene in the pituitary and suggests that CCK-AR may play a role in the estrogen sensitization of the pituitary response to GnRH. ..
- Parrish M, Murphy S, Rutland S, Wallace K, Wenzel K, Wallukat G, et al. The effect of immune factors, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, and agonistic autoantibodies to the angiotensin II type I receptor on soluble fms-like tyrosine-1 and soluble endoglin production in response to hypertension during pregnancy. Am J Hypertens. 2010;23:911-6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that immune factors may serve as an important stimulus for both sFlt-1 and sEndoglin production in response to placental ischemia. ..
- Irani B, Le Foll C, Dunn Meynell A, Levin B. Effects of leptin on rat ventromedial hypothalamic neurons. Endocrinology. 2008;149:5146-54 pubmed publisher..ARC neurons, and acts on both glucosensing and non-glucosensing VMN neurons in a glucose-independent fashion with inhibition primarily dependent upon activation of the ATP-sensitive K+ channel. ..
- Wu H, Zhu S, Mo Y. Suppression of cell growth and invasion by miR-205 in breast cancer. Cell Res. 2009;19:439-48 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that miR-205 is a tumor suppressor in breast cancer. ..
- Yuan Y, Cao P, Smith M, Kramp K, Huang Y, Hisamoto N, et al. Dysregulated LRRK2 signaling in response to endoplasmic reticulum stress leads to dopaminergic neuron degeneration in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22354 pubmed publisher..These observations establish a critical functional link between LRRK2 and ER stress. ..
- Hermens J, Bradbury S, Broderius S. Influence of cytochrome P450 mixed-function oxidase induction on the acute toxicity to rainbow trout (Salmo gairdneri) of primary aromatic amines. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 1990;20:156-66 pubmed..The 96-hr LC50's of aniline and 4-chloroaniline were not affected by pretreatment with Aroclor 1254, suggesting that metabolic activation does not necessarily play a role in the acute toxicity of aromatic amines to fish. ..
- Valentovic M, Rogers B, Meadows M, Conner J, Williams E, Hong S, et al. Characterization of methemoglobin formation induced by 3,5-dichloroaniline, 4-amino-2,6-dichlorophenol and 3,5-dichlorophenylhydroxylamine. Toxicology. 1997;118:23-36 pubmed
- Sullivan C, Teal T, Luttrell I, Tran K, Peters M, Wessells H. Microarray analysis reveals novel gene expression changes associated with erectile dysfunction in diabetic rats. Physiol Genomics. 2005;23:192-205 pubmed..Overall, this study broadens the scope of candidate genes and pathways that may be relevant to the pathophysiology of diabetes-induced ED as well as highlights the potential complexity of this disorder. ..
- Jeong S, Rebeiz M, Andolfatto P, Werner T, True J, Carroll S. The evolution of gene regulation underlies a morphological difference between two Drosophila sister species. Cell. 2008;132:783-93 pubmed publisher..We submit that there is sufficient empirical evidence to support the general prediction that functional evolutionary changes at pleiotropic loci will most often involve mutations in their discrete, modular cis-regulatory elements...
- Marker D, Tremblay M, Puccini J, Barbieri J, Gantz Marker M, Loweth C, et al. The new small-molecule mixed-lineage kinase 3 inhibitor URMC-099 is neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory in models of human immunodeficiency virus-associated neurocognitive disorders. J Neurosci. 2013;33:9998-10010 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data provide compelling in vitro and in vivo evidence to investigate the utility of URMC-099 in other models of HAND with the goal of advancement to an adjunctive therapeutic agent. ..
- Wang Y, Ripperger J, Fey G, Samols D, Kordula T, Wetzler M, et al. Modulation of hepatic acute phase gene expression by epidermal growth factor and Src protein tyrosine kinases in murine and human hepatic cells. Hepatology. 1999;30:682-97 pubmed..The study shows a dual signaling function for EGFR and suggests that the ratio of receptor-activated STATs and Erks influence the level of stimulated or inhibited expression of individual APPs. ..
- Zhang Z, McCallum S, Xie J, Nieto L, Corzana F, Jimenez Barbero J, et al. Solution structures of chemoenzymatically synthesized heparin and its precursors. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:12998-3007 pubmed publisher..Stable isotope-labeled heparin was indistinguishable from heparin derived from animal tissues and is a novel reagent for studying the interaction of heparin with proteins. ..
- Maki K, Reeves M, Farmer M, Griinari M, Berge K, Vik H, et al. Krill oil supplementation increases plasma concentrations of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acids in overweight and obese men and women. Nutr Res. 2009;29:609-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, 4 weeks of krill oil supplementation increased plasma EPA and DHA and was well tolerated, with no indication of adverse effects on safety parameters...
- Nagchowdhuri P, Andrews K, Robart S, Capehart A. Versican knockdown reduces interzone area during early stages of chick synovial joint development. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2012;295:397-409 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that versican functions interactively with other matrix/cell surface molecules to facilitate establishment or maintenance of early joint interzone structure. ..
- Placzek A, Molfese D, Khatiwada S, Viana Di Prisco G, Huang W, Sidrauski C, et al. Translational control of nicotine-evoked synaptic potentiation in mice and neuronal responses in human smokers by eIF2Î±. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that p-eIF2Î± regulates synaptic actions of nicotine in both mice and humans, and that reduced p-eIF2Î± may enhance susceptibility to nicotine (and other drugs of abuse) during adolescence. ..
- Liu Y, Han J, Epstein P, Long Y. Enhanced rat beta-cell proliferation in 60% pancreatectomized islets by increased glucose metabolic flux through pyruvate carboxylase pathway. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2005;288:E471-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that enhanced PC pathway in Px islets may have an important role in islet cell proliferation. ..
- McDonnell K, Grow W. Reduced glycosaminoglycan sulfation diminishes the agrin signal transduction pathway. Dev Neurosci. 2004;26:1-10 pubmed..These data suggest that reduced GAG chain sulfation decreases the frequency of AChR clustering by diminishing the agrin signal transduction pathway. ..
- Ankeny D, Lucin K, Sanders V, McGaughy V, Popovich P. Spinal cord injury triggers systemic autoimmunity: evidence for chronic B lymphocyte activation and lupus-like autoantibody synthesis. J Neurochem. 2006;99:1073-87 pubmed..We show a similar pathologic potential for the autoantibodies produced after SCI. Thus, mammalian SCI produces marked dysregulation of B cell function (i.e. autoimmunity) with pathological potential. ..
- Bokhari S, Kim K, Pinson D, Slusser J, Yeh H, Parmely M. NK cells and gamma interferon coordinate the formation and function of hepatic granulomas in mice infected with the Francisella tularensis live vaccine strain. Infect Immun. 2008;76:1379-89 pubmed publisher..tularensis LVS infections regulate hepatic granuloma formation, the spatial containment of infection, the expression of iNOS, and the induction of cell death within the liver. ..
- Ooi C, Wang Z, Tabima D, Eickhoff J, Chesler N. The role of collagen in extralobar pulmonary artery stiffening in response to hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;299:H1823-31 pubmed publisher..No significant changes in elastin content or vasoactivity were observed. Our results demonstrate that collagen content is important to extralobar PA stiffening caused by chronic hypoxia. ..
- Betapudi V, Lominadze G, Hsi L, Willard B, Wu M, McCrae K. Anti-?2GPI antibodies stimulate endothelial cell microparticle release via a nonmuscle myosin II motor protein-dependent pathway. Blood. 2013;122:3808-17 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of nonmuscle myosin II activation may provide a novel approach for inhibiting microparticle release by endothelial cells in response to anti-?2GPI antibodies. ..
- Muro I, Monser K, Clem R. Mechanism of Dronc activation in Drosophila cells. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5035-41 pubmed..These results provide the first details of the mechanisms regulating initiator caspase activation in an invertebrate organism. ..
- Wang Y, Cheng T, Rayaprolu S, Zou Z, Xia Q, Xiang Z, et al. Proteolytic activation of pro-spätzle is required for the induced transcription of antimicrobial peptide genes in lepidopteran insects. Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:1002-12 pubmed publisher..sexta larvae, we detected proteolytic processing of pro-BmSpz1. These results suggest that active spätzle is required for the induced production of antimicrobial peptides in B. mori and M. sexta...
- Mittra E, Fan Minogue H, Lin F, Karamchandani J, Sriram V, Han M, et al. Preclinical efficacy of the anti-hepatocyte growth factor antibody ficlatuzumab in a mouse brain orthotopic glioma model evaluated by bioluminescence, PET, and MRI. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:5711-21 pubmed publisher..Given the clinical applicability of these findings, future studies on patients with glioblastoma may be appropriate. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Bachinger H. An additional function of the rough endoplasmic reticulum protein complex prolyl 3-hydroxylase 1·cartilage-associated protein·cyclophilin B: the CXXXC motif reveals disulfide isomerase activity in vitro. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31437-46 pubmed publisher..We have tested the enzyme activities on model substrates in vitro using a GCRALCG peptide and the P3H1 complex. Our results suggest that this complex could function as a disulfide isomerase in the rough endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Kaletsky R, Lakhina V, Arey R, Williams A, Landis J, Ashraf J, et al. The C. elegans adult neuronal IIS/FOXO transcriptome reveals adult phenotype regulators. Nature. 2016;529:92-6 pubmed publisher..Together, neuron-specific and canonical IIS/FOXO-regulated targets enable the coordinated extension of neuronal activities, metabolism, and longevity under low-insulin signalling conditions. ..
- Shay N, Nick H, Kilberg M. Molecular cloning of an amino acid-regulated mRNA (amino acid starvation-induced) in rat hepatoma cells. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:17844-8 pubmed..The ASI cDNA will be used to investigate the molecular mechanisms for amino acid-dependent regulation of protein expression by mammalian cells. ..
- Laine R, Shay N, Kilberg M. Nuclear retention of the induced mRNA following amino acid-dependent transcriptional regulation of mammalian ribosomal proteins L17 and S25. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9693-7 pubmed..Amino acid refeeding of the cells caused the translocation of the stored nuclear mRNAs to the polysomal fraction. ..
- Mitchell K. Acetylcholine and choline amperometric enzyme sensors characterized in vitro and in vivo. Anal Chem. 2004;76:1098-106 pubmed..Temperature and pH dependence and the effect of storage conditions on sensor sensitivity and selectivity were determined. Exogenous and endogenous Ch and ACh were measured in the rat brain in vivo. ..
- Crosby M, Zhang J, Nowling T, Svenson J, Nicol C, Gonzalez F, et al. Inflammatory modulation of PPAR gamma expression and activity. Clin Immunol. 2006;118:276-83 pubmed..These results indicate that the activation of inflammatory pathways may lead to reduced activity and expression of PPARgamma, further exacerbating the disease state. ..
- Dunipace L, Ozdemir A, Stathopoulos A. Complex interactions between cis-regulatory modules in native conformation are critical for Drosophila snail expression. Development. 2011;138:4075-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, the two CRMs interact in cis in a non-additive fashion and these interactions may be important for fine-tuning the domains and levels of gene expression. ..
- Frankos V, Schmitt D, Haws L, McEvily A, Iyengar R, Miller S, et al. Generally recognized as safe (GRAS) evaluation of 4-hexylresorcinol for use as a processing aid for prevention of melanosis in shrimp. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 1991;14:202-12 pubmed
- Overhoff K, McConville J, Yang W, Johnston K, Peters J, Williams R. Effect of stabilizer on the maximum degree and extent of supersaturation and oral absorption of tacrolimus made by ultra-rapid freezing. Pharm Res. 2008;25:167-75 pubmed
- Suzuki E, Karam E, Williams S, Watson D, Gilkeson G, Zhang X. Fli-1 transcription factor affects glomerulonephritis development by regulating expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in endothelial cells in the kidney. Clin Immunol. 2012;145:201-8 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Fli-1 impacts glomerulonephritis development by regulating expression of inflammatory chemokine MCP-1 and inflammatory cell infiltration in the kidneys in the NZM2410 mice...
- Yano S, Tokumitsu H, Soderling T. Calcium promotes cell survival through CaM-K kinase activation of the protein-kinase-B pathway. Nature. 1998;396:584-7 pubmed..These results identify a Ca2+-triggered signalling cascade in which CaM-KK activates PKB, which in turn phosphorylates BAD and protects cells from apoptosis. ..
- Hannon J, Cody M, Housmans P. Effects of isoflurane on intracellular calcium and myocardial crossbridge kinetics in tetanized papillary muscles. Anesthesiology. 2001;94:856-61 pubmed..Measurements of the effects of isoflurane on crossbridge cycling kinetics during tetanic contractions, which provide a steady state level of activation in intact cardiac muscle, have not been previously reported...