Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in United States
Locale: United States
Publications4900 found, 100 shown here
- Ohnuki H, Jiang K, Wang D, Salvucci O, Kwak H, SÃ¡nchez MartÃn D, et al. Tumor-infiltrating myeloid cells activate Dll4/Notch/TGF-Î² signaling to drive malignant progression. Cancer Res. 2014;74:2038-49 pubmed publisher..In summary, the myeloid cell-carcinoma signaling network we describe uncovers novel mechanistic links between the tumor microenvironment and tumor growth, highlighting new opportunities to target tumors where this network is active. ..
- Neill J, Duck L, Sellers J, Musgrove L. A gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor specific for GnRH II in primates. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;282:1012-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of a GnRH type II receptor in mammals. Its identification will permit exploration of its role in regulating gonadotropin secretion, female sexual behavior, and tumor cell growth...
- Nastiuk K, Krolewski J. Opportunities and challenges in combination gene cancer therapy. Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2016;98:35-40 pubmed publisher..Finally, although gene therapy is still far from use in the clinic, we propose that combination therapies may enhance its effectiveness. ..
- Lee G, Gammie S. GABA enhancement of maternal defense in mice: possible neural correlates. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2007;86:176-87 pubmed..Overall, these studies provide further insights into the role for GABA in maternal behaviors, including aggression, and how and where BDZs may act to modulate behavior. ..
- Mottino A, Hoffman T, Dawson P, Luquita M, Monti J, Sanchez Pozzi E, et al. Increased expression of ileal apical sodium-dependent bile acid transporter in postpartum rats. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;282:G41-50 pubmed..Together with the marked increase in intestinal mass observed at peak lactation, these data indicate a significant increase in asbt-mediated reclamation of bile acids in the intestine of lactating rats. ..
- Pope M, Bukovnik U, Tomich J, Fleming S. Small ?2-glycoprotein I peptides protect from intestinal ischemia reperfusion injury. J Immunol. 2012;189:5047-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ?2-glycoprotein I-derived peptides attenuate injury and inflammation when administered in a therapeutic manner in intestinal ischemia/reperfusion injury. ..
- Wang P, Chintagari N, Gou D, Su L, Liu L. Physical and functional interactions of SNAP-23 with annexin A2. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;37:467-76 pubmed..These data suggest that annexin A2 and SNAP-23 are involved in the same pathway in the regulation of lung surfactant secretion. ..
- Goodrich D. How the other half lives, the amino-terminal domain of the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein. J Cell Physiol. 2003;197:169-80 pubmed
- Pan T, Li R, Kang S, Wong B, Wisniewski T, Sy M. Epitope scanning reveals gain and loss of strain specific antibody binding epitopes associated with the conversion of normal cellular prion to scrapie prion. J Neurochem. 2004;90:1205-17 pubmed..The epitope can be decreased or increased, linear or conformational, detected late or early during infection, in a strain specific manner. ..
- Mohanka M, Khemasuwan D, Stoller J. A review of augmentation therapy for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2012;12:685-700 pubmed publisher..We conclude with a discussion of our approach to managing patients with AATD and use of augmentation therapy. ..
- Werbovetz K. Diamidines as antitrypanosomal, antileishmanial and antimalarial agents. Curr Opin Investig Drugs. 2006;7:147-57 pubmed
- Emami K, Brown L, Pitts T, Sun X, Vessella R, Corey E. Nemo-like kinase induces apoptosis and inhibits androgen receptor signaling in prostate cancer cells. Prostate. 2009;69:1481-92 pubmed publisher..A deeper understanding of the roles of NLK in regulation of AR-mediated transcription and control of PCa progression may point the way to new modes of therapeutic intervention in this disease. ..
- O Brien R, Holmes S. Recent advances in ultrasound technology. Clin Tech Small Anim Pract. 2007;22:93-103 pubmed..This article will attempt to update the small animal imager on the clinical applications of these newer technologies. ..
- Gu Q, Lin R. Heavy metals zinc, cadmium, and copper stimulate pulmonary sensory neurons via direct activation of TRPA1. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2010;108:891-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results suggest that activation of TRPA1 in pulmonary C-fiber sensory nerves may contribute to the respiratory toxicity induced by airway exposure to these three heavy metals...
- Johnson S, Javurek A, Painter M, Ellersieck M, Welsh T, Camacho L, et al. Effects of developmental exposure to bisphenol A on spatial navigational learning and memory in rats: A CLARITY-BPA study. Horm Behav. 2016;80:139-148 pubmed publisher..No differences in serum testosterone concentration were detected in any male or female treatment groups. Current findings suggest developmental exposure of rats to BPA may disrupt aspects of spatial navigational learning and memory. ..
- Vose L, Vinukonda G, Jo S, Miry O, Diamond D, Korumilli R, et al. Treatment with thyroxine restores myelination and clinical recovery after intraventricular hemorrhage. J Neurosci. 2013;33:17232-46 pubmed publisher..Given that TH promotes neurological recovery in IVH, TH treatment might improve the neurodevelopmental outcome of preterm infants with IVH. ..
- Chen G, Greengard P, Yan Z. Potentiation of NMDA receptor currents by dopamine D1 receptors in prefrontal cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:2596-600 pubmed..These interactions may play an important role in modulating synaptic plasticity and thus in cognitive and emotional processes. ..
- Weiler K, Wakimoto B. Chromosome rearrangements induce both variegated and reduced, uniform expression of heterochromatic genes in a development-specific manner. Genetics. 1998;149:1451-64 pubmed..These results have implications for models of heterochromatin formation and the nuclear organization of chromosomes during development and differentiation. ..
- Chang K, Chan Ling T, McFarland E, Afzal A, Pan H, Baxter L, et al. IGF binding protein-3 regulates hematopoietic stem cell and endothelial precursor cell function during vascular development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:10595-600 pubmed..IGFBP3 expression may represent a physiological adaptation to ischemia and potentially a therapeutic target for treatment of ischemic conditions. ..
- O Callaghan C, Cerwenka A, Willcox B, Lanier L, Bjorkman P. Molecular competition for NKG2D: H60 and RAE1 compete unequally for NKG2D with dominance of H60. Immunity. 2001;15:201-11 pubmed..The distinct thermodynamic profiles provide insights into the different molecular mechanisms of the binding interactions. ..
- Terasaki M, Loew L, Lippincott Schwartz J, Zaal K. Fluorescent staining of subcellular organelles: ER, Golgi complex, and mitochondria. Curr Protoc Cell Biol. 2001;Chapter 4:Unit 4.4 pubmed publisher..Fluorescent dyes and/or fluorescently labeled lipid derivatives can be used to identify ER, Golgi complex, and mitochondria. Specific conditions for labeling each of these compartments are described. ..
- Mehta V, Zhou Y, Radulescu A, Besner G. HB-EGF stimulates eNOS expression and nitric oxide production and promotes eNOS dependent angiogenesis. Growth Factors. 2008;26:301-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, activation of eNOS appears to be one of the key signaling pathways necessary for HB-EGF mediated angiogenesis. These novel findings highlight an important role for HB-EGF as a regulator of endothelial cell function. ..
- Eckmann C, Kraemer B, Wickens M, Kimble J. GLD-3, a bicaudal-C homolog that inhibits FBF to control germline sex determination in C. elegans. Dev Cell. 2002;3:697-710 pubmed..We propose that GLD-3 binds FBF and thereby inhibits its repression of target mRNAs. ..
- Hoefer H. Crop burn in an umbrella cockatoo. Compend Contin Educ Vet. 2012;34:E1 pubmed..The cockatoo was fed a commercial baby bird formula that the owners were heating in the microwave before feeding. The owner had been instructed on formula feeding by the pet store personnel when the bird was purchased...
- Li J, LaMarca B, Reckelhoff J. A model of preeclampsia in rats: the reduced uterine perfusion pressure (RUPP) model. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;303:H1-8 pubmed publisher..This review discusses these features. ..
- Werden S, Lanchbury J, Shattuck D, Neff C, Dufford M, McFadden G. The myxoma virus m-t5 ankyrin repeat host range protein is a novel adaptor that coordinately links the cellular signaling pathways mediated by Akt and Skp1 in virus-infected cells. J Virol. 2009;83:12068-83 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that ANK/PRANC proteins play a critical role in reprogramming disparate cellular signaling cascades to establish a new cellular environment more favorable for virus replication...
- Dolan J, Bell A, Hube B, Schaller M, Warner T, Balish E. Candida albicans PLD I activity is required for full virulence. Med Mycol. 2004;42:439-47 pubmed..albicans-colonized mice. ..
- Cherrington N, Hartley D, Li N, Johnson D, Klaassen C. Organ distribution of multidrug resistance proteins 1, 2, and 3 (Mrp1, 2, and 3) mRNA and hepatic induction of Mrp3 by constitutive androstane receptor activators in rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;300:97-104 pubmed..We conclude that rat hepatic Mrp3 is induced by CAR activators, thus enhancing the vectoral excretion of some phase II metabolites from the liver to the blood. ..
- Antonopoulos C, Russo H, El Sanadi C, Martin B, Li X, Kaiser W, et al. Caspase-8 as an Effector and Regulator of NLRP3 Inflammasome Signaling. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:20167-84 pubmed publisher..In the presence of caspase-1, caspase-8 acts as a positive modulator of the NLRP3-dependent caspase-1 signaling cascades that drive both IL-1Î² production and pyroptotic death. ..
- Logue J, Whiting J, Tunquist B, Langeberg L, Scott J. Anchored protein kinase A recruitment of active Rac GTPase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:22113-21 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that IQGAP2 and AKAP220 act synergistically to sustain PKA-mediated recruitment of effectors such as Rac GTPases that impact the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Moghal N, Sternberg P. Extracellular domain determinants of LET-23 (EGF) receptor tyrosine kinase activity in Caenorhabditis elegans. Oncogene. 2003;22:5471-80 pubmed
- Saldivar J, Miuma S, Bene J, Hosseini S, Shibata H, Sun J, et al. Initiation of genome instability and preneoplastic processes through loss of Fhit expression. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003077 pubmed publisher..We propose that loss of Fhit expression in precancerous lesions is the first step in the initiation of genomic instability, linking alterations at common fragile sites to the origin of genome instability...
- Foreman J, Blizard D, Gerhard G, Mack H, Lang D, Van Nimwegen K, et al. Serum alkaline phosphatase activity is regulated by a chromosomal region containing the alkaline phosphatase 2 gene (Akp2) in C57BL/6J and DBA/2J mice. Physiol Genomics. 2005;23:295-303 pubmed
- Kad N, Trybus K, Warshaw D. Load and Pi control flux through the branched kinetic cycle of myosin V. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17477-84 pubmed publisher..Our model includes P(i) release prior to the most load-dependent step in the cycle, implying that P(i) release and load both act as checkpoints that control the flux through two parallel pathways. ..
- Rothenberg F, Nikolski V, Watanabe M, Efimov I. Electrophysiology and anatomy of embryonic rabbit hearts before and after septation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;288:H344-51 pubmed..CPCS anatomy reflects global cardiac activation as demonstrated by high-resolution optical mapping. ..
- Dabo S, Confer A, Hartson S. Adherence of Pasteurella multocida to fibronectin. Vet Microbiol. 2005;110:265-75 pubmed..multocida-Fn interaction may play a role in the bacterium adherence to host cells, and this may be mediated by bacterial surface proteins with preferential affinity for the Hep-1 binding domain of Fn. ..
- Ponomareva O, Fischer T, Lai C, Rimer M. Schwann cell-derived neuregulin-2alpha can function as a cell-attached activator of muscle acetylcholine receptor expression. Glia. 2006;54:630-7 pubmed..They also raise the possibility that Schwann cell-derived Nrg-2 could activate ErbB receptors on the synaptic sarcolemma and that this could account, at least in part, for the Nrg-mediated regulation of AChR expression. ..
- Asadi F, Dimaculangan D, Berger F. Androgen regulation of gene expression in primary epithelial cells of the mouse kidney. Endocrinology. 1994;134:1179-87 pubmed
- Cohen R, Neiders M, Bedi G, Comeau R. Induction of type 2 cystatin in rat submandibular glands by systemically administered agents. Arch Oral Biol. 1993;38:319-25 pubmed
- Leontieva O, Lenzo F, Demidenko Z, Blagosklonny M. Hyper-mitogenic drive coexists with mitotic incompetence in senescent cells. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:4642-9 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cellular senescence is characterized by futile hyper-mitogenic drive associated with mTOR-dependent mitotic incompetence. ..
- Arther R, Bowman D, Slone R, Travis L. Imidacloprid plus moxidectin topical solution for the prevention of heartworm disease (Dirofiloria immitis) in dogs. Parasitol Res. 2005;97 Suppl 1:S76-S80 pubmed publisher..5% moxidectin treatment for the prevention of HW disease was not decreased when dogs were shampooed as early as 90 min post-treatment, or when dogs immersed in water 5 times post-treatment at weekly intervals...
- Pallikkuth S, Blackwell D, Hu Z, Hou Z, Zieman D, Svensson B, et al. Phosphorylated phospholamban stabilizes a compact conformation of the cardiac calcium-ATPase. Biophys J. 2013;105:1812-21 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylated phospholamban stabilizes a unique conformation of SERCA that is characterized by a compact architecture...
- Weng Y, Aroor A, Shukla S. Ethanol inhibition of angiotensin II-stimulated Tyr705 and Ser727 STAT3 phosphorylation in cultured rat hepatocytes: relevance to activation of p42/44 mitogen-activated protein kinase. Alcohol. 2008;42:397-406 pubmed publisher..Ethanol potentiation of MAPK signaling without suppression of STAT3 function may modulate the course of alcoholic liver injury. ..
- Bu S, Lerner M, Stoecker B, Boldrin E, Brackett D, Lucas E, et al. Dried plum polyphenols inhibit osteoclastogenesis by downregulating NFATc1 and inflammatory mediators. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008;82:475-88 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that dried plum polyphenols directly inhibit osteoclastogenesis, leading to a decrease in osteoclast activity, by downregulating NFATc1 and inflammatory mediators. ..
- Seo H, Hong S, Guo S, Kim H, Kim C, Hwang D, et al. A direct role of the homeodomain proteins Phox2a/2b in noradrenaline neurotransmitter identity determination. J Neurochem. 2002;80:905-16 pubmed..Taken together, these findings establish that Phox2a and 2b control the development of NA neurons in part by directly transactivating DBH transcription through interactions with four binding sites clustered in the proximal promoter. ..
- McCulloh C, Olson J, Wang Y, Vu J, Gartner S, Besner G. Evaluating the efficacy of different types of stem cells in preserving gut barrier function in necrotizing enterocolitis. J Surg Res. 2017;214:278-285 pubmed publisher..Although all four types of SC reduce permeability equivalently, SC derived from amniotic fluid may be preferable due to availability at delivery and ease of culture, potentially enhancing clinical translation. ..
- Shapiro D, Kristiansen K, Weiner D, Kroeze W, Roth B. Evidence for a model of agonist-induced activation of 5-hydroxytryptamine 2A serotonin receptors that involves the disruption of a strong ionic interaction between helices 3 and 6. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:11441-9 pubmed..L. Roth and D. A. Shapiro (2001) Expert Opin. Ther. Targets 5, 685-695) and others, that this may represent a general mechanism of activation for many, but not all, G-protein-coupled receptors. ..
- Gross T, Poliachik S, Prasad J, Bain S. The effect of muscle dysfunction on bone mass and morphology. J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact. 2010;10:25-34 pubmed..The specific signaling pathways by which this interdependency is achieved, however, remain to be clarified...
- Salemi M, Rife B. Phylogenetics and Phyloanatomy of HIV/SIV Intra-Host Compartments and Reservoirs: The Key Role of the Central Nervous System. Curr HIV Res. 2016;14:110-20 pubmed
- Kim A, Batus M, Myint R, Fidler M, Basu S, Bonomi P, et al. Prognostic value of xanthine oxidoreductase expression in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2011;71:186-90 pubmed publisher..Further studies of the XOR pathway are warranted to validate and mechanistically explain these outcomes. ..
- Bhatia N, Demmer T, Sharma A, Elcheva I, Spiegelman V. Role of ?-TrCP ubiquitin ligase receptor in UVB mediated responses in skin. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2011;508:178-84 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ?-TrCP may be an essential player in UVB induced responses in skin and can be a potential therapeutic target for skin cancer. ..
- Al Anzi B, Wyman R. The Drosophila immunoglobulin gene turtle encodes guidance molecules involved in axon pathfinding. Neural Dev. 2009;4:31 pubmed publisher..The latter two capabilities are required by migrating axons to explore densely packed targets. ..
- Krimm R, Miller K, Kitzman P, Davis B, Albers K. Epithelial overexpression of BDNF or NT4 disrupts targeting of taste neurons that innervate the anterior tongue. Dev Biol. 2001;232:508-21 pubmed
- Endoh M, Blinks J. Actions of sympathomimetic amines on the Ca2+ transients and contractions of rabbit myocardium: reciprocal changes in myofibrillar responsiveness to Ca2+ mediated through alpha- and beta-adrenoceptors. Circ Res. 1988;62:247-65 pubmed..Dopamine has a relatively greater effect on alpha-adrenoceptors than the other catecholamines...
- Brady R, Wen Y, O Halloran T. The ENTH and C-terminal domains of Dictyostelium epsin cooperate to regulate the dynamic interaction with clathrin-coated pits. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3433-44 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model where the ENTH domain coordinates with the clathrin-binding C-terminal domain to allow a dynamic interaction of epsin with coated pits...
- Shi F, Erf G. IFN-?, IL-21, and IL-10 co-expression in evolving autoimmune vitiligo lesions of Smyth line chickens. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:642-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, SLV appears to be a Th1-polarized autoimmune disease, whereby IFN-? expression is strongly associated with parallel increases in IL-10 and IL-21, particularly during early and active stages of SLV...
- Donskey C, Hanrahan J, Hutton R, Rice L. Effect of parenteral antibiotic administration on the establishment of colonization with vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium in the mouse gastrointestinal tract. J Infect Dis. 2000;181:1830-3 pubmed..Thus, in this mouse model, beta-lactam antibiotics with minimal anti-enterococcal activity promoted establishment of high-level VRE colonization, but Pip-Taz (a beta-lactam antibiotic with more potent activity against VRE) did not. ..
- Yarmola E, Bubb M. Effects of profilin and thymosin beta4 on the critical concentration of actin demonstrated in vitro and in cell extracts with a novel direct assay. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:33519-27 pubmed..Additionally, nonlinear effects of thymosin beta4 on the steady state amount of F-actin are explained by the observed changes in Ac. This assay has potential in vivo applications that complement those demonstrated in vitro. ..
- Selwyn R, Avila Rodriguez M, Converse A, Hampel J, Jaskowiak C, McDermott J, et al. 18F-labeled resin microspheres as surrogates for 90Y resin microspheres used in the treatment of hepatic tumors: a radiolabeling and PET validation study. Phys Med Biol. 2007;52:7397-408 pubmed..The PET-based uptake ratio was shown to agree with the histological findings to better than 3%. In addition, the radiolabeling process was shown to be rapid, efficient and relatively stable in vivo. ..
- Cheatwood J, Jacobson E, May P, Farrell T, Homer B, Samuelson D, et al. An outbreak of fungal dermatitis and stomatitis in a free-ranging population of pigmy rattlesnakes (Sistrurus miliarius barbouri) in Florida. J Wildl Dis. 2003;39:329-37 pubmed..This study represents the first documented report of a mycotic disease of free-ranging snakes. ..
- Szebeni A, Mehrotra B, Baumann A, Adam S, Wingfield P, Olson M. Nucleolar protein B23 stimulates nuclear import of the HIV-1 Rev protein and NLS-conjugated albumin. Biochemistry. 1997;36:3941-9 pubmed
- Ramesh T, Lyon A, Pineda R, Wang C, Janssen P, Canan B, et al. A genetic model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in zebrafish displays phenotypic hallmarks of motoneuron disease. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:652-62 pubmed publisher..These phenotypes were more severe in lines expressing higher levels of mutant Sod1 and were absent in lines overexpressing wild-type Sod1. Thus, we have generated a vertebrate model of ALS to complement existing mammal models...
- Carlson J, Maire J, Martenson M, Heinricher M. Sensitization of pain-modulating neurons in the rostral ventromedial medulla after peripheral nerve injury. J Neurosci. 2007;27:13222-31 pubmed..These data demonstrate that both on- and off-cells in the RVM are sensitized to innocuous and noxious mechanical stimuli after nerve injury. This sensitization likely contributes to allodynia and hyperalgesia of neuropathic pain states. ..
- Palakodeti D, Smielewska M, Graveley B. MicroRNAs from the Planarian Schmidtea mediterranea: a model system for stem cell biology. RNA. 2006;12:1640-9 pubmed..This work lays the foundation for functional studies aimed at addressing the role of these miRNAs in regeneration, cell lineage decisions, and basic stem cell biology...
- Bell P, Fitzgibbon W, Sas K, Stenbit A, Amria M, Houston A, et al. Loss of primary cilia upregulates renal hypertrophic signaling and promotes cystogenesis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:839-48 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that events initiating hypertrophic signaling, such as structural or functional loss of renal mass, may accelerate progression of adult polycystic kidney disease toward end-stage renal disease. ..
- da Costa R, Echandi R, Beauchamp D. Computed tomography myelographic findings in dogs with cervical spondylomyelopathy. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. 2012;53:64-70 pubmed publisher..Considering the number of giant-breed dogs with compressions at C7-T1, T1-2, and T2, it is important to include the cranial thoracic region when imaging dogs suspected of having cervical spondylomyelopathy...
- Kaufman K, Tanchuck M, Strong M, Finn D. Replacement with GABAergic steroid precursors restores the acute ethanol withdrawal profile in adrenalectomy/gonadectomy mice. Neuroscience. 2010;166:5-14 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the increase in acute withdrawal severity after ADX/GDX may be due to the loss of GABAergic NAS, providing insight into the contribution of endogenous GABAergic NAS to ethanol withdrawal severity...
- Nambiar P, Giardina C, Guda K, Aizu W, Raja R, Rosenberg D. Role of the alternating reading frame (P19)-p53 pathway in an in vivo murine colon tumor model. Cancer Res. 2002;62:3667-74 pubmed..The AOM colon cancer model may be well suited for studying tumor promotion events that precede p53 disruption. ..
- Timoney P. Horse species symposium: contagious equine metritis: an insidious threat to the horse breeding industry in the United States. J Anim Sci. 2011;89:1552-60 pubmed publisher..Regaining CEM-free status for the United States will present considerable challenges...
- Fan L, Mitchell H, Rhodes P, Cai Z. Alpha-Phenyl-n-tert-butyl-nitrone attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced neuronal injury in the neonatal rat brain. Neuroscience. 2008;151:737-44 pubmed publisher..The protection of PBN may indicate the potential usefulness of antioxidants for treatment of these neuronal dysfunctions. ..
- Materna S, Davidson E. A comprehensive analysis of Delta signaling in pre-gastrular sea urchin embryos. Dev Biol. 2012;364:77-87 pubmed publisher..Disruption of the second phase of Delta expression specifically abolishes specification of late mesodermal derivatives such as the coelomic pouches to which the small micromeres contribute...
- Schumacher J, Livesey L, Brawner W, Taintor J, Pinto N. Comparison of 2 methods of centesis of the bursa of the biceps brachii tendon of horses. Equine Vet J. 2007;39:356-9 pubmed..Centesis of the bicipital bursa using an 8.9 cm long spinal needle has been reported but the alternative of employing a 3.8 cm long hypodermic needle requires validation...
- Sawant A, Deshane J, Jules J, Lee C, Harris B, Feng X, et al. Myeloid-derived suppressor cells function as novel osteoclast progenitors enhancing bone loss in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2013;73:672-82 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results identify a wholly new facet to the multifunctionality of MDSC in driving tumor progression, in this case as a novel osteoclast progenitor that specifically drives bone metastasis during cancer progression...
- Sharma V, Delgado M, Ganea D. Granzyme B, a new player in activation-induced cell death, is down-regulated by vasoactive intestinal peptide in Th2 but not Th1 effectors. J Immunol. 2006;176:97-110 pubmed..This study identifies GrB as a new significant player in Th1/Th2 AICD and characterizes two mechanisms for the protective effect of VIP on Th2 survival, i.e., the down-regulation of GrB and FasL expression. ..
- Villafuerte B, Phillips L, Rane M, Zhao W. Insulin-response element-binding protein 1: a novel Akt substrate involved in transcriptional action of insulin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36650-9 pubmed..Identification of a novel target of Akt that appears to mediate signals specific for insulin action should provide further insight into the mechanism of insulin action at the genomic level. ..
- Guimond M, Freud A, Mao H, Yu J, Blaser B, Leong J, et al. In vivo role of Flt3 ligand and dendritic cells in NK cell homeostasis. J Immunol. 2010;184:2769-75 pubmed publisher..In summary, a CD11c(hi) DC population expressing IL-15 is required to maintain NK cell homeostasis under conditions of normal cellularity and also is required to mediate Flt3 ligand-induced NK cell expansion in vivo. ..
- Dell Osso L, Jacobs J. An expanded nystagmus acuity function: intra- and intersubject prediction of best-corrected visual acuity. Doc Ophthalmol. 2002;104:249-76 pubmed
- Baker P, Roopenian D. Genetic susceptibility to chronic periodontal disease. Microbes Infect. 2002;4:1157-67 pubmed..Data from both clinical studies and studies using animal models are reviewed here. Also outlined are the genomic methods that are now available for identifying susceptibility and resistance loci...
- Aiyer H, Li Y, Losso J, Gao C, Schiffman S, Slone S, et al. Effect of freeze-dried berries on the development of reflux-induced esophageal adenocarcinoma. Nutr Cancer. 2011;63:1256-62 pubmed publisher..05 ± 0.14; P < 0.05). We conclude that a dietary supplementation of freeze-dried BRB and BB at 2.5% (w/w) was not effective in the prevention of reflux-induced esophageal adenocarcinoma in this EDA animal model. ..
- Prima V, Tennant M, Gorbatyuk O, Muzyczka N, Scarpace P, Zolotukhin S. Differential modulation of energy balance by leptin, ciliary neurotrophic factor, and leukemia inhibitory factor gene delivery: microarray deoxyribonucleic acid-chip analysis of gene expression. Endocrinology. 2004;145:2035-45 pubmed..Our results convey a cautionary note regarding potential use of the tested cytokines in therapeutic applications. ..
- Bergeson S, Helms M, O Toole L, Jarvis M, Hain H, Mogil J, et al. Quantitative trait loci influencing morphine antinociception in four mapping populations. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:546-53 pubmed..The Chr 1 QTL was evident only in females and comapped with the kappa-opioid receptor gene, Oprk. ..
- Song P, Zhang Y, Klaassen C. Dose-response of five bile acids on serum and liver bile Acid concentrations and hepatotoxicty in mice. Toxicol Sci. 2011;123:359-67 pubmed publisher..3%. In conclusion, the findings of the present study provide guidance for choosing the feeding concentrations of BAs in mice and will aid in interpreting BA hepatotoxicity as well as BA-mediated gene regulation. ..
- de la Torre J, Aliev G. Inhibition of vascular nitric oxide after rat chronic brain hypoperfusion: spatial memory and immunocytochemical changes. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2005;25:663-72 pubmed..These findings may identify therapeutic targets for preventing MCI and treating Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Paguirigan A, Beebe D, Liu B, Alexander C. Mammary stem and progenitor cells: tumour precursors?. Eur J Cancer. 2006;42:1225-36 pubmed..This demographic is likely to be key to understanding tumour risk, since long-lived cells provide great advantages in the process of cancer development. ..