Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in United Kingdom
Locale: United Kingdom
Publications731 found, 100 shown here
- Sharp T, Munoz F, Bourboulia D, Presneau N, Darai E, Wang H, et al. LIM domains-containing protein 1 (LIMD1), a tumor suppressor encoded at chromosome 3p21.3, binds pRB and represses E2F-driven transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:16531-6 pubmed..Our data indicate that LIMD1 is a tumor-suppressor gene, the protein product of which functionally interacts with pRB and the loss of which promotes lung carcinogenesis. ..
- Svensson M, Zubairi S, Maroof A, Kazi F, Taniguchi M, Kaye P. Invariant NKT cells are essential for the regulation of hepatic CXCL10 gene expression during Leishmania donovani infection. Infect Immun. 2005;73:7541-7 pubmed..These data indicate that invariant NKT cells are indispensable for the regulation of hepatic CXCL10 gene expression during L. donovani infection. ..
- Ullah M, Davies A, Halestrap A. The plasma membrane lactate transporter MCT4, but not MCT1, is up-regulated by hypoxia through a HIF-1alpha-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:9030-7 pubmed..We conclude that MCT4, like other glycolytic enzymes, is up-regulated by hypoxia through a HIF-1alpha-mediated mechanism. This adaptive response allows the increased lactic acid produced during hypoxia to be rapidly lost from the cell. ..
- Fooks A. Rabies remains a 'neglected disease'. Euro Surveill. 2005;10:211-2 pubmed
- Andolina I, Jones H, Wang W, Sillito A. Corticothalamic feedback enhances stimulus response precision in the visual system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:1685-90 pubmed..We discuss the significance of these data for cortical function and suggest that the precision in stimulus-linked firing in the LGN appears as an emergent factor from the corticothalamic interaction. ..
- Perera D, Tilston V, Hopwood J, Barchi M, Boot Handford R, Taylor S. Bub1 maintains centromeric cohesion by activation of the spindle checkpoint. Dev Cell. 2007;13:566-79 pubmed..Centromeres in Bub1-deficient cells also separate prematurely; however, we show that this is a consequence of SAC dysfunction rather than a direct role for Bub1 in protecting centromeric cohesion. ..
- McNeilly T, Baker A, Brown J, Collie D, Maclachlan G, Rhind S, et al. Role of alveolar macrophages in respiratory transmission of visna/maedi virus. J Virol. 2008;82:1526-36 pubmed..These results suggest that virus is transferred from AMs into the body via an intermediate route. The results also suggest that the inhalation of infected AMs represents an additional mechanism of virus transmission. ..
- Morton A, McManus B, Garside P, Mowat A, Harnett M. Inverse Rap1 and phospho-ERK expression discriminate the maintenance phase of tolerance and priming of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells in vitro and in vivo. J Immunol. 2007;179:8026-34 pubmed
- Martin S, Bouschet T, Jenkins E, Nishimune A, Henley J. Bidirectional regulation of kainate receptor surface expression in hippocampal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:36435-40 pubmed publisher..This process may provide a mechanism for hippocampal neurons to differentially adapt their physiological responses to changes in synaptic activation and extrasynaptic glutamate concentration. ..
- Griffiths M, Neal J, Fontaine M, Das T, Gasque P. Complement factor H, a marker of self protects against experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2009;182:4368-77 pubmed publisher..Our data argue for a key regulatory activity of fH in neuroprotection and provide novel therapeutic avenues for CNS chronic inflammatory diseases. ..
- Bordon Y, Hansell C, Sester D, Clarke M, Mowat A, Nibbs R. The atypical chemokine receptor D6 contributes to the development of experimental colitis. J Immunol. 2009;182:5032-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, D6 can contribute to the development of colitis by regulating IL-17A secretion by gammadelta T cells in the inflamed colon. ..
- Browne L, Clare J, Wray D. Functional and pharmacological properties of human and rat NaV1.8 channels. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56:905-14 pubmed publisher..Thus the data supports the suggestion that, while both V102862 and A-803467 are potent inhibitors of Na(V)1.8, the compound V102862, rather than A-803467, may be useful as an analgesic where physiological firing frequencies are higher. ..
- Tamarozzi F, Halliday A, Gentil K, Hoerauf A, Pearlman E, Taylor M. Onchocerciasis: the role of Wolbachia bacterial endosymbionts in parasite biology, disease pathogenesis, and treatment. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2011;24:459-68 pubmed publisher..In this review we summarize the experimental and field trial data which have uncovered the importance of Wolbachia symbiosis in onchocerciasis. ..
- Wishart T, Rooney T, Lamont D, Wright A, Morton A, Jackson M, et al. Combining comparative proteomics and molecular genetics uncovers regulators of synaptic and axonal stability and degeneration in vivo. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002936 pubmed publisher..We propose that the proteins and functional pathways identified in the current study represent attractive targets for developing therapeutics aimed at modulating synaptic and axonal stability and neurodegeneration in vivo. ..
- Corti D, Passini N, Lanzavecchia A, Zambon M. Rapid generation of a human monoclonal antibody to combat Middle East respiratory syndrome. J Infect Public Health. 2016;9:231-5 pubmed publisher..Currently, the LCA60 antibody is being considered for clinical development, which includes prophylaxis in individuals at risk and a treatment for severe MERS-CoV infections. ..
- Miguel Pacheco G, Thomas H, Huxley J, Newsome R, Kaler J. Effect of claw horn lesion type and severity at the time of treatment on outcome of lameness in dairy cows. Vet J. 2017;225:16-22 pubmed publisher..The length and type of claw horn lesion were associated with recovery from lameness. ..
- Smith C, Bradding P, Neill D, Baxendale H, Felici F, Andrew P. Novel immunogenic peptides elicit systemic anaphylaxis in mice: implications for peptide vaccines. J Immunol. 2011;187:1201-6 pubmed publisher..These results have important implications for both the study of allergens and the development of future peptide-based therapies. ..
- Askari A, Thomson S, Edin M, Zeldin D, Bishop Bailey D. Roles of the epoxygenase CYP2J2 in the endothelium. Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat. 2013;107:56-63 pubmed publisher..This review will examine these established and emerging roles of CYP2J2 in the biology of vascular endothelial cells. ..
- Pohl O, Perks D, Rhodes J, Comotto L, Baldrick P, Chollet A. Effects of the Oral Oxytocin Receptor Antagonist Tocolytic OBE001 on Reproduction in Rats. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:439-47 pubmed publisher..OBE001 at up to 125 mg/kg/d had no effects on EED and no adverse effects on FD and postnatal development of rats. These results constitute an important step toward the development of OBE001 in preterm labor and ART indications. ..
- Scott G. The taxonomic status of the causative agent of heartwater. Onderstepoort J Vet Res. 1987;54:257-60 pubmed..Cowdria is classified as a genus along with Chlamydia, Coxiella and Anaplasma in the tribe Chlamydieae in the family Phagosomaphilaceae. ..
- Klein T, Arias A. Different spatial and temporal interactions between Notch, wingless, and vestigial specify proximal and distal pattern elements of the wing in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 1998;194:196-212 pubmed..Our results also indicate that the growth of the cells in the wing blade results from a synergistic effect of the three genes N, wg, and vg on the cells that have been specified as wing blade. ..
- Kamishima T, Quayle J. Mitochondrial Ca2+ uptake is important over low [Ca2+]i range in arterial smooth muscle. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2002;283:H2431-9 pubmed..CCCP treatment significantly increased t((1/2)). These results suggest that Ca(2+) removal to mitochondria in arterial smooth muscle cells may be important at a low [Ca(2+)](i). ..
- Lesniewska V, Rowland I, Cani P, Neyrinck A, Delzenne N, Naughton P. Effect on components of the intestinal microflora and plasma neuropeptide levels of feeding Lactobacillus delbrueckii, Bifidobacterium lactis, and inulin to adult and elderly rats. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:6533-8 pubmed
- Nolting A, Ferraro T, D hoedt D, Stocker M. An amino acid outside the pore region influences apamin sensitivity in small conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:3478-86 pubmed..Our findings enabled us to convert the hSK1 channel into a channel that was as sensitive for apamin as SK2, the SK channel with the highest sensitivity. ..
- Bourgeois C, Hao Z, Rajewsky K, Potocnik A, Stockinger B. Ablation of thymic export causes accelerated decay of naive CD4 T cells in the periphery because of activation by environmental antigen. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:8691-6 pubmed publisher..As our data show, continued replenishment with cells from the thymus seems to be required to maintain efficient gut mucosal defense. ..
- Lui Roberts W, Ferraro F, Nightingale T, Cutler D. Aftiphilin and gamma-synergin are required for secretagogue sensitivity of Weibel-Palade bodies in endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:5072-81 pubmed publisher..Thus, by also recruiting aftiphilin/gamma-synergin in addition to clathrin, AP-1 coordinates formation of WPBs with their acquisition of a regulated secretory phenotype. ..
- Parker G, Ball M, Chubb J, Hammerschmidt K, Milinski M. When should a trophically transmitted parasite manipulate its host?. Evolution. 2009;63:448-58 pubmed publisher..If constrained to have selective effects, suppression should reduce the commonest form of mortality. ..
- Morrison L, Tait A, McLellan S, Sweeney L, Turner C, MacLeod A. A major genetic locus in Trypanosoma brucei is a determinant of host pathology. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2009;3:e557 pubmed publisher..The identification of parasite loci is a first step towards identifying the genes that are responsible for these important traits and shows the power of genetic analysis as a tool for dissecting complex quantitative phenotypic traits. ..
- Hoile S, Lillycrop K, Thomas N, Hanson M, Burdge G. Dietary protein restriction during F0 pregnancy in rats induces transgenerational changes in the hepatic transcriptome in female offspring. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21668 pubmed publisher..Such variation may reflect differences between generations in the signals received by the fetus from the mother as a consequence of changes in the interaction between her phenotype and the environment. ..
- Kane Smyth J, Barnett T, Mark O Leary J, Dixon P. Surgical Treatment of Iatrogenic Ventral Glottic Stenosis Using a Mucosal Flap Technique. Vet Surg. 2016;45:436-42 pubmed publisher..To describe a novel surgical technique for correcting postoperative ventral glottic stenosis (cicatrix or web formation) and the outcome in 2 Thoroughbred racehorses...
- Clifford G, Londos C, Kraemer F, Vernon R, Yeaman S. Translocation of hormone-sensitive lipase and perilipin upon lipolytic stimulation of rat adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5011-5 pubmed..A loss of the ability to translocate HSL to the lipid droplet probably contributes to the diminished lipolytic response to catecholamines with age. ..
- Levy L, Broad S, Diekmann D, Evans R, Watt F. beta1 integrins regulate keratinocyte adhesion and differentiation by distinct mechanisms. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:453-66 pubmed..We conclude that distinct signaling pathways are involved in beta1 integrin-mediated adhesion and differentiation control in keratinocytes. ..
- Berditchevski F, Odintsova E, Sawada S, Gilbert E. Expression of the palmitoylation-deficient CD151 weakens the association of alpha 3 beta 1 integrin with the tetraspanin-enriched microdomains and affects integrin-dependent signaling. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36991-7000 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that palmitoylation of tetraspanins is critical not only for the organization of the integrin-tetraspanin microdomains but also has a specific role in modulation of adhesion-dependent signaling. ..
- Brown G, Taylor P, Reid D, Willment J, Williams D, Martinez Pomares L, et al. Dectin-1 is a major beta-glucan receptor on macrophages. J Exp Med. 2002;196:407-12 pubmed..Furthermore, these results identify Dectin-1 as a new target for examining the immunomodulatory properties of beta-glucans for therapeutic drug design. ..
- Holt M, Cooke A, Neef A, Lagnado L. High mobility of vesicles supports continuous exocytosis at a ribbon synapse. Curr Biol. 2004;14:173-83 pubmed..The selective depletion of vesicles docked under ribbons suggests that the transfer of vesicles to the active zone limits the rate of exocytosis during maintained stimulation. ..
- Mo E, Amin H, Bianco I, Garthwaite J. Kinetics of a cellular nitric oxide/cGMP/phosphodiesterase-5 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:26149-58 pubmed..Downstream phosphorylation in platelets was detectable within 2 s, and, with continuous exposure (1 min), this pathway could be engaged by subnanomolar NO concentrations (EC(50) = 0.5 nm). ..
- Ugrinovic S, Brooks C, Robson J, Blacklaws B, Hormaeche C, Robinson J. H2-M3 major histocompatibility complex class Ib-restricted CD8 T cells induced by Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium infection recognize proteins released by Salmonella serovar Typhimurium. Infect Immun. 2005;73:8002-8 pubmed..It also expands the range of pathogens that induce H2-M3-restricted CD8 T cells to include an example of gram-negative bacteria. ..
- Yang X, Lee W, Sobott F, Papagrigoriou E, Robinson C, Grossmann J, et al. Structural basis for protein-protein interactions in the 14-3-3 protein family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:17237-42 pubmed..These results show that the 14-3-3 proteins are adaptable structures in which internal flexibility is likely to facilitate recognition and binding of their interaction partners. ..
- Lockwood C. Adaptation and functional integration in primate phylogenetics. J Hum Evol. 2007;52:490-503 pubmed..Explanations of patterns of character evolution are often clade-specific, which does not allow for a simple framework of character selection and/or weighting. ..
- Ogilvy S, Ferreira R, Piltz S, Bowen J, Gottgens B, Green A. The SCL +40 enhancer targets the midbrain together with primitive and definitive hematopoiesis and is regulated by SCL and GATA proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7206-19 pubmed
- Clarke A, Tyler P. Adult antarctic krill feeding at abyssal depths. Curr Biol. 2008;18:282-5 pubmed publisher..These observations revise significantly our understanding of the depth distribution and ecology of Antarctic krill, a central organism in the Southern Ocean ecosystem...
- Mansfield J, Winlove C, Moger J, Matcher S. Collagen fiber arrangement in normal and diseased cartilage studied by polarization sensitive nonlinear microscopy. J Biomed Opt. 2008;13:044020 pubmed publisher..Quantification of polarization sensitivity changes with depth in cartilage will require detailed numerical models, but in the meantime, multiphoton microscopy provides sensitive indications of matrix changes in cartilage degeneration. ..
- Commane D, Arasaradnam R, Mills S, Mathers J, Bradburn M. Diet, ageing and genetic factors in the pathogenesis of diverticular disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2009;15:2479-88 pubmed..We have also identified several gaps in the knowledge base which need to be filled before we can complete a model for the etiology of diverticular disease. ..
- Li Y, Li X, Zheng X, Tang L, Xu W, Gong M. Disulfide bond prolongs the half-life of therapeutic peptide-GLP-1. Peptides. 2011;32:1400-7 pubmed publisher..The improved physiological characterization of hdGLP1G10C makes it as possible potent anti-diabetic drug in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Yan C, Levesque M, Claxton S, Johnson R, Ang S. Lmx1a and lmx1b function cooperatively to regulate proliferation, specification, and differentiation of midbrain dopaminergic progenitors. J Neurosci. 2011;31:12413-25 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrate that Lmx1a and Lmx1b function cooperatively to regulate proliferation, specification, and differentiation of mDA progenitors, including their floor plate-like properties. ..
- McGiven J, Taylor A, Duncombe L, Sayers R, Albert D, Banai M, et al. The first International Standard anti-Brucella melitensis Serum. Rev Sci Tech. 2011;30:809-19 pubmed..The ISaBmS can be used to standardise iELISA, cELISA and FPA to diagnose sheep and goat brucellosis. This standard should facilitate harmonisation of tests used for brucellosis surveillance and international trade in these species. ..
- Grauso M, Reenan R, Culetto E, Sattelle D. Novel putative nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit genes, Dalpha5, Dalpha6 and Dalpha7, in Drosophila melanogaster identify a new and highly conserved target of adenosine deaminase acting on RNA-mediated A-to-I pre-mRNA editing. Genetics. 2002;160:1519-33 pubmed..These findings add to our understanding of nAChR subunit diversity, which is increased and regulated by mechanisms acting at the genomic and mRNA levels. ..
- Prentice A, Ghattas H, Doherty C, Cox S. Iron metabolism and malaria. Food Nutr Bull. 2007;28:S524-39 pubmed
- Leung A, Varanyuwatana P, Halestrap A. The mitochondrial phosphate carrier interacts with cyclophilin D and may play a key role in the permeability transition. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26312-23 pubmed publisher..An interaction of the PiC with the ANT may enable agents that bind to either transporter to modulate pore opening...
- O MEARA G, Coumis U, Ma S, Kehr J, Mahoney S, Bacon A, et al. Galanin regulates the postnatal survival of a subset of basal forebrain cholinergic neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:11569-74 pubmed..These data provide unexpected evidence that galanin plays a trophic role to regulate the development and function of a subset of septohippocampal cholinergic neurons. ..
- Jalan R, Williams R. Bio-artificial liver support for acute liver failure: should we be using it to treat patients?. Transplantation. 2002;73:165-6 pubmed
- Vandenbroeck K, Alloza I, Brehmer D, Billiau A, Proost P, McFerran N, et al. The conserved helix C region in the superfamily of interferon-gamma /interleukin-10-related cytokines corresponds to a high-affinity binding site for the HSP70 chaperone DnaK. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:25668-76 pubmed
- Komukai K, Brette F, Pascarel C, Orchard C. Electrophysiological response of rat ventricular myocytes to acidosis. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2002;283:H412-22 pubmed..Acidosis increased I(Cl,ir); it is suggested that the acidosis-induced increase in I(Cl,ir) underlies the depolarization of the resting membrane potential. ..
- Beaton A, Rodriguez J, Reddy Y, Roy P. The membrane trafficking protein calpactin forms a complex with bluetongue virus protein NS3 and mediates virus release. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:13154-9 pubmed..Our data describe the first host protein involvement in orbivirus egress and provide new insights into understanding arbovirus interactions with their hosts. ..
- Hardingham N, Glazewski S, Pakhotin P, Mizuno K, Chapman P, Giese K, et al. Neocortical long-term potentiation and experience-dependent synaptic plasticity require alpha-calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II autophosphorylation. J Neurosci. 2003;23:4428-36 pubmed
- Goberdhan D, Wilson C. The functions of insulin signaling: size isn't everything, even in Drosophila. Differentiation. 2003;71:375-97 pubmed
- Liu H, Hu B, Xu D, Liew F. CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells cure murine colitis: the role of IL-10, TGF-beta, and CTLA4. J Immunol. 2003;171:5012-7 pubmed..Furthermore, colitis can manifest independent of Th1 and Th2 responses. ..
- Beer S, Taylor E, Brown S, Dahm C, Costa N, Runswick M, et al. Glutaredoxin 2 catalyzes the reversible oxidation and glutathionylation of mitochondrial membrane thiol proteins: implications for mitochondrial redox regulation and antioxidant DEFENSE. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:47939-51 pubmed..Our findings indicate that Grx2 plays a central role in the response of mitochondria to both redox signals and oxidative stress by facilitating the interplay between the mitochondrial glutathione pool and protein thiols. ..
- Shaw S, Marples D. N-ethylmaleimide causes aquaporin-2 trafficking in the renal inner medullary collecting duct by direct activation of protein kinase A. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F832-9 pubmed..This effect is not mediated by cAMP but results from direct activation of PKA by NEM. ..
- Angeletti B, Waldron K, Freeman K, Bawagan H, Hussain I, Miller C, et al. BACE1 cytoplasmic domain interacts with the copper chaperone for superoxide dismutase-1 and binds copper. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17930-7 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that the twenty-four residue C-terminal domain of BACE1 binds a single Cu(I) atom with high affinity through cysteine residues. ..
- Lawson C, Holder A, Stanford R, Smith J, Rose M. Anti-intercellular adhesion molecule-1 antibodies in sera of heart transplant recipients: a role in endothelial cell activation. Transplantation. 2005;80:264-71 pubmed..Such antibodies may contribute to the endothelial activation by binding to the endothelium, causing activation of proinflammatory signaling pathways. ..
- Bunney T, Harris R, Gandarillas N, Josephs M, Roe S, Sorli S, et al. Structural and mechanistic insights into ras association domains of phospholipase C epsilon. Mol Cell. 2006;21:495-507 pubmed..Studies of PLCepsilon regulation suggest that, in a cellular context, the RA2 domain, in a mode specific to PLCepsilon, has a role in membrane targeting with further regulatory impact on PLC activity. ..
- Alavijeh M, Chishty M, Qaiser M, Palmer A. Drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, the blood-brain barrier, and central nervous system drug discovery. NeuroRx. 2005;2:554-71 pubmed..This review focuses on BBB penetration, along with pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism, in the process of the discovery and development of safe and effective medicines for CNS disorders. ..
- Ratcliffe P. Fumarate hydratase deficiency and cancer: activation of hypoxia signaling?. Cancer Cell. 2007;11:303-5 pubmed
- Gilliver S, Ruckshanthi J, Hardman M, Nakayama T, Ashcroft G. Sex dimorphism in wound healing: the roles of sex steroids and macrophage migration inhibitory factor. Endocrinology. 2008;149:5747-57 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the presented data indicate sex divergence in wound healing to be multifaceted, being strongly influenced by MIF and seemingly limited by the combined actions of gonadal steroids. ..
- Laxton R, Hu Y, Duchene J, Zhang F, Zhang Z, Leung K, et al. A role of matrix metalloproteinase-8 in atherosclerosis. Circ Res. 2009;105:921-9 pubmed publisher..A relationship among MMP8 gene variation, plasma VCAM-1 level, and atherosclerosis progression was also observed in a population-based, prospective study. These results indicate that MMP8 is an important player in atherosclerosis. ..
- Mortensen M, Ferguson D, Edelmann M, Kessler B, Morten K, Komatsu M, et al. Loss of autophagy in erythroid cells leads to defective removal of mitochondria and severe anemia in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:832-7 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that the selective removal of mitochondria by autophagy, but not other organelles, during erythropoeisis is essential and that this is a necessary developmental step in erythroid cells...
- Rushforth S, Allison C, Wonnacott S, Shoaib M. Subtype-selective nicotinic agonists enhance olfactory working memory in normal rats: a novel use of the odour span task. Neurosci Lett. 2010;471:114-8 pubmed publisher..These nicotinic receptor subtypes may therefore prove to be useful targets for the development of novel treatments for neuropsychiatric disorders that involve cognitive dysfunction. ..
- Thomson A, Pierart H, Meek S, Bogerman A, Sutherland L, Murray H, et al. Reprogramming pig fetal fibroblasts reveals a functional LIF signaling pathway. Cell Reprogram. 2012;14:112-22 pubmed publisher..This demonstration of LIF-dependence in reprogrammed pig cells supports the notion that the connection between LIF/STAT3 signaling and the core regulatory network of pluripotent stem cells is a conserved pathway in mammals...
- Kantamneni S, Gonzàlez Gonzàlez I, Luo J, Cimarosti H, Jacobs S, Jaafari N, et al. Differential regulation of GABAB receptor trafficking by different modes of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor signaling. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:6681-94 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that NMDAR activity is critical in GABABR trafficking and function and that the individual subunits can be separately controlled to regulate neuronal responsiveness and survival. ..
- Benson R, Macleod M, Hale B, Patakas A, Garside P, Brewer J. Antigen presentation kinetics control T cell/dendritic cell interactions and follicular helper T cell generation in vivo. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..The current data therefore explain how duration of antigen presentation affects the dynamics of T cell-DC interactions and consequently determine Tfh cell differentiation in the developing immune response. ..
- Martin E, Aarons L, Yates J. Designing More Efficient Preclinical Experiments: A Simulation Study in Chemotherapy-Induced Myelosupression. Toxicol Sci. 2016;150:109-16 pubmed publisher..If large IOV is suspected, caution should be exercised to avoid parameter estimation bias, and inflation of variability and residual error. ..
- Burgoyne J, Prysyazhna O, Richards D, Eaton P. Proof of Principle for a Novel Class of Antihypertensives That Target the Oxidative Activation of PKG IÎ± (Protein Kinase G IÎ±). Hypertension. 2017;70:577-586 pubmed publisher..These studies, therefore, provide validation of PKG IÎ± C42 as the target of G1, as well as proof-of-principle for a new class of antihypertensive drugs that have potential for further development for clinical use in humans. ..
- Aiston S, Hampson L, Gomez Foix A, Guinovart J, Agius L. Hepatic glycogen synthesis is highly sensitive to phosphorylase activity: evidence from metabolic control analysis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:23858-66 pubmed..The high control coefficient of phosphorylase on glycogen synthesis affirms that phosphorylase is a strong candidate target for controlling hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes in both the absorptive and postabsorptive states. ..
- Cooke S, Boxer G, Lawrence L, Pedley R, Spencer D, Begent R, et al. A strategy for antitumor vascular therapy by targeting the vascular endothelial growth factor: receptor complex. Cancer Res. 2001;61:3653-9 pubmed..This study demonstrates the feasibility of targeting tumor vasculature using recombinant antibodies to the VEGF:receptor complex. ..
- Krishna S, Nagaraja N, Planche T, Agbenyega T, Bedo Addo G, Ansong D, et al. Population pharmacokinetics of intramuscular quinine in children with severe malaria. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2001;45:1803-9 pubmed..A loading dose of intramuscular quinine results in predictable population pharmacokinetic profiles in children with severe malaria and may be preferred to the intravenous route of administration in some circumstances. ..
- Bökel C, Brown N. Integrins in development: moving on, responding to, and sticking to the extracellular matrix. Dev Cell. 2002;3:311-21 pubmed..Integrins also participate in signaling events that govern tissue differentiation and organogenesis. Finally, adhesion by integrin-mediated junctions allows tissues to withstand mechanical load and is essential for tissue integrity. ..
- Strutt H, Strutt D. Nonautonomous planar polarity patterning in Drosophila: dishevelled-independent functions of frizzled. Dev Cell. 2002;3:851-63 pubmed..We also find evidence that polarity information may be propagated by modulation of the binding affinities of the cadherins encoded by the ds and ft loci. ..
- O Connor V, Genin A, Davis S, Karishma K, Doyère V, De Zeeuw C, et al. Differential amplification of intron-containing transcripts reveals long term potentiation-associated up-regulation of specific Pde10A phosphodiesterase splice variants. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15841-9 pubmed..This cellular function of LTP-associated Pde10A transcripts argues for a role of the cGMP/cGMP-dependent kinase pathway in long term synaptic plasticity. ..
- King S, Mascie Taylor C. Strongyloides fuelleborni kellyi and other intestinal helminths in children from Papua New Guinea: associations with nutritional status and socioeconomic factors. P N G Med J. 2004;47:181-91 pubmed..In addition, maternal education was associated with Ascaris intensity in those children with infection, such that the mean intensities were greater in children of uneducated mothers...
- Watkins N, Lemm I, Luhrmann R. Involvement of nuclear import and export factors in U8 box C/D snoRNP biogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7018-27 pubmed
- Makwana M, Jones L, Cuthill D, Heuer H, Bohatschek M, Hristova M, et al. Endogenous transforming growth factor beta 1 suppresses inflammation and promotes survival in adult CNS. J Neurosci. 2007;27:11201-13 pubmed
- Hill W, Salisbury B, Webb A. Parentage identification using single nucleotide polymorphism genotypes: application to product tracing. J Anim Sci. 2008;86:2508-17 pubmed publisher..This appears to be a straightforward and potentially effective means of product tracing. ..
- Clarke S, Laxton C, Horscroft N, Richard V, Thomas A, Parkinson T. Comparison of rat and human responses to toll-like receptor 7 activation. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2009;29:113-26 pubmed publisher..We conclude that rat and human cells respond differently to TLR7 activation and that these differences should be considered when using rat as a model to study TLR7 agonists. ..
- Snook R, Bacigalupe L, Moore A. The quantitative genetics and coevolution of male and female reproductive traits. Evolution. 2010;64:1926-34 pubmed publisher..These patterns show why responses to experimental evolution are hard to predict, and why research on genetic variation underlying interacting reproductive traits is needed...